Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition)

Zeon
    Zeon

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 337,500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Rift Skin
    Second Skill: Ishrowan's Gift
    Third Skill:

Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) Empty Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition)

Post by Zeon 1st May 2014, 4:45 pm

Well I have noticed a severe lack of secondary spells and a system that heavily favors donators like me. That is why I am proposing the Mentoring system for those that can't afford it. What this does is allow players to pass down their primary spells to one person of their choice (ever) and the student can learn said spells.

Mentor needs to be A-rank or above, he must have to experience in his magic to be able to teach it to others.

However this also comes with restrictions to the students, they can only learn approved spells from their master. Thus they cannot make original spells based off system,  you are sacrificing the opportunity for uniqueness for access to said spells.

You also have to do training threads upon each spell that you learn from your master, creating thus a Mentor/Student bond. This requires a set amount of word requirement for the spell they are wanting to train in. This also provides excellent RP for the 2 people.

Mentors can only pass down their primaries, because that is the magic they are most familiar with. Also mentors can only ever teach one student to prevent spam of said primary magic.

I think that this system will personally work due to the fact that this is pure Roleplay and not a "Hey I woke up in morning and learned this spell." It also does not obsolete buying secondary magic, because it will not be as tailored to your needs as actually buying it does. So those that can afford it are powerful and those that can't are not left out.

Opinions or tweeks that I should make to this?
    Vash Strider
    Vash Strider

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Caine's Decent
    Guild : Nox Animus
    Experience : 825

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) Empty Re: Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition)

Post by Vash Strider 1st May 2014, 4:54 pm

I think this is a brilliant idea. Also, because you are basically teaching someone magic, maybe have the thread be 20 posts minimum, something like 250 words per post? I would say more but as you said, a thread per each spell. Another thing, maybe make the first spell thread longer, since they are learning how to do a magic completely new to them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Vash Strider
    Vash Strider's Bank
    Kaligos
    Kaligos

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Player 
    Lineage : Blessed by the Fourth Wall
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : The Earth Dragon Koralistrasz
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth Dragon Slayer.
    Second Skill: Poison Dragon Slayer Lacrima.
    Third Skill:

Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) Empty Re: Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition)

Post by Kaligos 1st May 2014, 5:02 pm

I like the idea of transferring a magic via roleplay, but I also think that if someone is learning a type of magic from their mentor, and someone else has the same type of magic they are learning (for example there are currently poison dragon slayers, myself being one of them) They should be able to learn from practicing along side both people. Giving them a wider range of selection than just their mentor's approved magic. If that makes any sense.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

~Character~
    Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) 34r

~Magic~
    Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) Kali%27s+siggy

EXP:325/750
    Missons completed::

theme songs:

Griffon Knighthunter
    Griffon Knighthunter

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Comet
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Mentor : Himself
    Experience : 112

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hell summon
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Griffon Knighthunter 1st May 2014, 5:03 pm

I personally think this is a very well thought out idea. I like it a lot

"ROSE APPROVES!"
    Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Mentor : Memnarch

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tergiversation Arts
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 1st May 2014, 5:41 pm

I refuse I to implement a sneaky way of undermining slayer positions.

Themes:
    Kaligos
    Kaligos

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Player 
    Lineage : Blessed by the Fourth Wall
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : The Earth Dragon Koralistrasz

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth Dragon Slayer.
    Second Skill: Poison Dragon Slayer Lacrima.
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaligos 1st May 2014, 5:52 pm

Then just make it so slayers can't teach their magic. I only used poison as an example because I am one of two.

It's not about slayers being able to train people it's about other secondary magics. >_<

~Character~
    Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) 34r

~Magic~
    Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) Kali%27s+siggy

EXP:325/750
    Missons completed::

theme songs:

Hiro Villenn
    Hiro Villenn

Villain- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : N/A
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul of Belial
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Post by Hiro Villenn 1st May 2014, 7:07 pm

Why is the donation system in place anyways? The server we’re on is FREE. They should not require much money if any out of their own pockets to help and the fact that you get more out of paying money than you do for rping is atrocious. This is the one thing the site needs to dismantle entirely.

Anyways back to the system. I love the idea obviously. Ultimately I think there should be more approval in the system than what you said otherwise people will abuse it and learn all the spells they can in one thread. Also disallow slayers from being mentors.

Hiro Dialogue
    Mephistopheles Dialogue
    Hiro Thoughts

Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) Hiro%27s+Siggy
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 1st May 2014, 8:15 pm

I like this idea a lot, seeing as how I did something like it already IC and it worked out amazingly.

@Kyll If you don't like it making Dragon Slayers "common", restrict it like Kaligos said. God Slayers and Demon Slayers too, whatever you need to do if you choose to accommodate this.

@Hiro Nothing is free, that's why.

I support this idea. :I

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Kihia
    Kihia

Pretty as a peach 1

Pretty as a peach 1

Administrator- Moderator- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Bloodline of the Frozen Armor
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Mentor : Iarok Kaloka (deceased)
    Experience : 337.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ice Make Magic
    Second Skill: Crystal Make Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Kihia 1st May 2014, 8:29 pm

I also like this idea, however, I feel that we shouldn't be restricted to the spells that the mentor knows. It can be portrayed that the mentor teaches the pupil how to use the type of magic that is their primary. The pupil can use that magic in their own way, but if that happens the post requirement should be upped a bit. That is the only thoughts I had Zenn but great Idea.

Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) Kihisi10
    Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) 17496c10
    EXP:350/1200

Themes:
    Hiro Villenn
    Hiro Villenn

Villain- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Hiro Villenn 1st May 2014, 8:38 pm

@Zenshin. We use forumotion. Its free.

Hiro Dialogue
    Mephistopheles Dialogue
    Hiro Thoughts

Zeon
    Zeon

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Zeon 1st May 2014, 9:07 pm

Okay gentlemen please don't start an argument over donations, this is not the issue. We are trying to see if this system is viable or not. Starting to go off topic undermines this effort.

As for undermining slayers positions, then simply let them teach others a watered down version of the magic that doesn't pop their students into the *insert name* Force which I believe is the part that makes them unique. However there is nothing to stop them from teaching others how to use the element aspects of their magic. That way Slayers are not undermined, but can still be mentors. However I fully believe this system should be shutdown because of the slayers, but instead make a workaround for I believe this provides the balance between RP and system that is needed.

I do implore considering this system, like any good system it will of course needs tweeks to evolve it into something that is workable.
    Hiro Villenn
    Hiro Villenn

Villain- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Hiro Villenn 1st May 2014, 9:51 pm

sorry bout that.

honestly, I'd go so far as to allowing slayers to simply teach regular elemental magic because like most sites, nobody wants 89 dragon slayers running around, watered down versions or not.

Only a dragon can harbor a dragon slayer. It would be to much if dragon slayers could harbor more dragon slayers.

Hiro Dialogue
    Mephistopheles Dialogue
    Hiro Thoughts

Emilia Hawke
    Emilia Hawke

Ysmir Ddvansebrom

Ysmir Ddvansebrom

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250] - 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Shinigami Protection
    Experience : 87,500

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Emilia Hawke 2nd May 2014, 1:33 am

I like how every Nox Animus member that has posted in this thread seems to be just blindly accepting the idea created by their guild master, who is a demon slayer, for passing down magic. Am I the only one that finds that funny? XD

I say this could work, but for Slayers, they could only pass it on to OTHER slayers of THEIR type, like Dragons passing on to Dragons, ect, and even at that it should be limited to only ONE spell to keep things fair. That's my 2 cents.

Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) 471 Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) H05POqb Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) 471
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plague Craft
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 2nd May 2014, 1:43 am

There is no need to say it like that eclipse, let's keep this discussion clean all right. Anyway back to the matter at hand. If you take the part that Slayers can pass their magic down to non slayers, I honestly still don't see why there is a need to make a system out of this.

After all if a player wants to pass down their magic to an other player they can do so right? Hell they have to freedom to rp that if they want. I've have seen other people from before that just asked an other player if they could take over their magic.

So what I am saying is that, if a player has paid 50K for a magic change and they want a primary magic that someone else already has. And it is not a slayer magic. And if it is to learn someone else a secondary magic, and they have paid the appropriated amount of money for it. Then they just can learn that magic through rp right?

So why is there a need for a system for this again?

Last edited by Lord Frederik on 2nd May 2014, 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Seijin
    Seijin

The Panda

The Panda

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alt Account- Get Married- Get Divorced- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Hired Help- Devotee of Darkness- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Innocent- Guilty- Pardoned- The Completionist- World Traveler- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Monty Python- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Motor City Rush- Rainbow- Hero- Villain- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Royal Panda
    Guild : None
    Cosmic Coins :
    Dungeon Tokens :
    Mentor : None
    Experience :

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Panda Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Seijin 2nd May 2014, 1:44 am

Don't think the concept will work out. We're going with a different approach with the secondary spells, but we have other things to work on that are more important.
    Grizzly
    Grizzly

Planeswalker

Planeswalker

X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Vulcan
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 135

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Barrier Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Grizzly 2nd May 2014, 5:51 am

Seems like this stuff has gotten out of hand once more \o/ I want to take a look at the different sides of this discussion and try to fill in the gazillion blank spaces people have left when writing statements without supporting them with arguments. Now, to start off, I'll look at Zenneth's side of the thing.

Before that, a little pre-note. None of the people here who think Zenneth is doing this to "undermine the slayer positions" have an idea why he is doing this. Before putting it up in the Suggestion Section, he talked to me. And he gave me the personal image that he's not in it for some backhanded, devious way to fuck around with the site and its (kind of wobbly) balance. So, to put it simple. Anyone who insinuating Zenneth that he's a sneaky mofo by saying he's in it for the slayer positions should please just be objective for a moment and maybe treat him as if he's not an ignorant member of this site.

Since we've got that out of the way, I'll continue. Let's look at the rules Zenneth puts up for this. First of all, it is rank restricted. Meaning A-Rank or above. That, in itself is completely mandatory and necessary for this to be an actual "mentoring" system. Secondly, he extends this rule by saying "they need to have experience with their magics". So, there we would have two rules for mentors ALREADY that restrict the passing down of magic.

- Mentors need to be A Rank or above
    - Mentors need to have had their magic at least 3 months OOC'ly and gathered the necessary Exp for A Rank through missions and other rp. He or she furthermore needs to have completed each exam necessary for a rank up.

The second rule HEAVILY restricts things. Neither donators, nor people who're lazy or just get A Rank tossed at them could become mentors. Meaning, the only way to pass down magic is if you're a consistent rp'er. You can't be a mentor if you're partially bought the Exp for your way up. And you NEED to have gathered it. People that start at a certain rank do not start with the equivalent Exp necessary for that rank. Meaning consistent rp'ers are rewarded with the opportunity to be mentors. Doesn't sound that bad, does it?

Next rule he puts up. Training Threads. Ah, yes. These are wonderful. A brilliant method to expand the power of rp. So, how would the rules look like?

- To fully pass down a magic, so that the disciple of the mentor can apply it in the magic section, it needs 5 threads taking place between the master and the disciple.

Now, why did I choose 5 threads? 5 DIFFERENT threads, independent from one another? Because my experience has shown me that in 5 threads, you can achieve a good amount of development. An optimal amount. Without taking things too slow, you can thoroughly go into detail about how and why your mentor passes you down the magic. And without hasting through things, you can cram any sort of other themery into those 5 threads.

Last two rules Zenneth proposes are restrictive again.

- The mentor can, in the process of the rp only choose one disciple to pass his magic down to. Even if a magic change should take place AFTER the passing down of magic, the mentor will never be able to take in another disciple.
    - A mentor can only ever choose ONE primary, the current primary to pass down to his disciple. Should a magic change take place before he passes down his magic, the rules about harboring magic apply to this new magic.
    - A mentor can only pass down spells he has already been approved.

Alright, HOW would go about this? How would we apply things? Easy, in my opinion. We just make a thread in the Magic Section where the mentor must apply the 5 FINISHED threads, his own Exp history for staff to check the validity. Quite easy, correct?

Now, to restrict this EVEN further, I would propose the following.
    - Slayers can NOT pass their magic on.

Why? Simple. The laws of OUR FT universe say, that Slayers get their magic taught by a higher entity. Either dragon, god or demon. They are the ONLY ones capable of passing this magic on in our universe, because IC'ly it is seen as that powerful. So basically, I am of the opinion to restrict the passing on of Slayer positions because it goes AGAINST our IC logic. If anyone wants to step up and give me the example of Hades passing down God Slayer Magic to Zancrow I will hit them with the book that's titled Things-That-Happen-In-The-Source-But-We-Have-Never-Implemented until the information inside has migrated into their brains.

Now that the how is thoroughly explained and commented, let's go on with the different positions in chronologic order.

What is the first, valid argument made to support this? Simple, Zenshin's whole character. He has done this before, he can speak out of experience that it has worked brilliantly and made for character development like no other. DMC's character mentored Zenshin's character and it was great. So, to dissapoint everyone that thinks it takes a too great extent, it has already happened and it has worked out. Although it was primary to primary, something that LIKE LORDI SAID, works without a system, I will go on in the next paragraphs why passing down a primary into a secondary works just as well.

Now, to pass a primary magic down AS A SECONDARY, is something I will address next and ultimately. First of all, we have to pay money for secondarys. Money gained through rp. To buy a secondary, you need at least 100k iirc. That is money, you will not be able to gain for a long while. So, I want to ask, why can't we just replace the rping for money with direct rping for the secondary magic? It would not make the buying secondaries "obsolete" as Zenneth mentioned, because you would simply replace threads to gather money with threads directly aimed towards getting a secondary.

Now, next thing. Seijin. You said "a different way". That implies a way that does not incorporate rping as a primary aspect. I can already see the hate from the admins coming, but this is an argument I have to make, because you guys are just that hellbent on me not making it. Why can't we just allow rping to be the primary substance needed for a reward for the rp? It's a waterproof system that basically makes the site more active? Buying will still exist, but the rping will as well! Where is the problem in being able to rp for something you want directly, perhaps with deeper insight and much more character development than missions, the method of gaining money for non-donators, instead of having generalized threads that prevent deep and important regulations concerning the character. In short, to get a secondary and every other item and desired thing you need money. You gain money through missions. Missions never really have an importance, substance or significance as they're just means to an end. I don't condone that. They improve character regulations minorly and keep the site active. But wouldn't threads aimed towards something directly do that as well? I'm asking you guys, the people that don't want this system, questions here. And I would like for you to answer them and address what I have said.

If I'm getting a "No, we're just not doing this approach" to my 1k word message to support this idea, then that throws a certain light in front of all the other members. So please, answer my calls for valid arguments instead of vague statements like "don't think it'll work. doing something else for secondary. got more important stuff".

That will be all. I can already see all the "Uuuuuugh, tl;dr. Who reads all of that shite." But if that happens, then that's your problem. I, in my eyes, supported this idea with several arguments and valid proposals for rules that wouldn't disrupt the current system.

That'll be all for realz. Thankyou.

Lyserg - Grizz - Sinbad

Character
    Seijin
    Seijin

The Panda

The Panda

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alt Account- Get Married- Get Divorced- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Hired Help- Devotee of Darkness- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Innocent- Guilty- Pardoned- The Completionist- World Traveler- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Monty Python- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Motor City Rush- Rainbow- Hero- Villain- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Royal Panda
    Guild : None
    Cosmic Coins :
    Dungeon Tokens :
    Mentor : None
    Experience :

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Panda Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Seijin 2nd May 2014, 7:18 am

"Now, next thing. Seijin. You said "a different way". That implies a way that does not incorporate rping as a primary aspect. "

A different way doesn't mean it wouldn't incorporate RPing.
    Grizzly
    Grizzly

Planeswalker

Planeswalker

X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Vulcan
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 135

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Barrier Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Grizzly 2nd May 2014, 9:44 am

As a primary aspect. The way Zenneth presented it, acquiring secondaries implicates rping as the main driving systematic. I can't think of another way where rping would have the same weight as it does with Zenneth's proposition. And in my opinion rping should be incorporated as the sole driving force as much as possible. I understand that we can't make everything rp-relevant and allow for everyone to just make threads and then gain something at the end for it because that's what they wrote into some posts after a stroke of half-hearted passion for rping. But with some simple rules, this is something that I can't see going overboard because of reasons like Zenshin, who has done it once already without any complications regarding his character.

Lyserg - Grizz - Sinbad

Character
    Zeon
    Zeon

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Zeon 5th May 2014, 6:19 am

Wow Adele. This may be out of topic, but you should consider getting a career of being a lawyer. That was just beautiful. I want to thank you for you support in defending this idea with such a fiery passion as you show this.
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 6th May 2014, 8:27 pm

does approving this system mean people will have people to call senpai? if so I vote yes in today's resolution.

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 8th May 2014, 12:46 am

I think is a brilliant suggestion. It would promote RP over 'I can buy all the things'. Of course it partially negates the need for money, but it should encourage activity and non-solo threads.

Slayer magic cannot be inherited that is definitely a rule. I suppose if you wanted to inherit it you could buy an 'empty' slayer lacrima and then have the mage fill it with power and teach you how to use it. You'd still need money, but it would be cheaper than buying a full lacrima.

My only issue is that there is little to no benefit for the mentor at all. They spend all this time and effort teaching magic and all they get is a higher post count. Perhaps some sort of reward...not sure what, but i'm sure something can be thought up.

Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Mentoring system (Secondary spell acquisition) Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Zeon
    Zeon

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Zeon 10th May 2014, 10:59 am

Well RP opportunity is one thing that should alone be the most rewarding aspect. There could be a reward based on extra spell slots or exp. Maybe by teaching others you found new ways to apply your magic?

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 5:06 am