Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Mentoring in Bulk?

DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,243,068

Character Sheet
    First Magic: [Second Generation] Ice Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic: - - -
    Third Magic:

Mentoring in Bulk? Empty Mentoring in Bulk?

Post by DOPPO 4th December 2016, 9:27 am

Hey! I thought I'd point this out, but keep it short in sweet. We can mentor up to three people but one at a time. Not trying to start anything but this doesn't make much sense to me. I don't necessarily see anything bad with this, and it really only makes things inconvenient not to do it in bulk. The EXP gap in of itself is huge and ridiculous, but that's for another time, and it gets hard to rank up by yourself. So we have mentor-mentee relationships, where the mentor acts as a walking lacrima milk until you hit A-rank, thus relinquishing that relationship. That's great, right? Yeah, it is. But lets make it plural this time, mentor-mentees relationship. What does this change? Nothing. It's just that this time, you happen to be mentoring more than one person at a time. And the system was made to make the ranking up process easier, so I don't see how this is bad or anything, I mean, you're still fulfilling the original purpose. And considering there's a waiting list of mentees, wouldn't it be easier to just snatch three and free more spots for people who want a chance to be mentored too? Another thing, after three people, you are exempt from mentoring. Which doesn't make much sense. Because the EXP gap is so huge, it's a slow process even with a mentor and it's not like the majority of mentor-mentee relationships consist of jobnazis. And even so, don't we want people to rank up in bulk? Like I said, the EXP gap from C-rank and up is so ridiculously huge, this is be an easier and swifter way to rank up, but it's even more inconvenient when you make mentees wait longer for a slow process to end, when the mentor-mentee ratio is so huge, there are more mentees than there are mentors, therefore mentoring in bulk should've been added a long time ago. ;-;

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

Mentoring in Bulk? Empty Re: Mentoring in Bulk?

Post by Anastasia Isayev 4th December 2016, 11:03 am

Oh, I agree.
    I also don't agree with the limited number of apprentices to begin with.
    Actually, I don't agree with the random selection to begin with. Eh, I've made suggestions in the past and they haven't really went anywhere

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Haru-senpai
    Haru-senpai

Moderator- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descendant
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 12
    Mentor : Igneel, & Noheme the Fox
    Experience : 11,106.25

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic: Dragon Force
    Third Magic:

Post by Haru-senpai 4th December 2016, 1:36 pm

Multiple mentees. Great idea. Would just be up to the Mentor on how many apprentices they take on. F*** it up open up a School IC if they want. Hogwarts it up. I could see Eris doing something like this, maybe Kanix.

Having a shit ton of apprentices would be fitting for certain characters. While others would be more likely to only have one direct one.

× Bio
    × Magic

Mentoring in Bulk? Rose

Bass
    Bass

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms-- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Mentor : -
    Experience : 125

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Naknight
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Bass 5th December 2016, 4:00 am

First point the EXP gap isn't that ridiculous. It scales in a mathematical function and it becomes harder to rank up as you progress. Its actually a lot better than it used to be and we don't exactly want to make getting S rank easy.

Speaking from experience with an active guild and/or team its quite easy to get up to B rank. I've seen people get to C rank in a day and B rank in a week. Its all about how much effort you put in. With mentorships, guild bonuses, team bonuses, lacrima milk, double exp jobs, events(occasionally), PVP(or it used to, can't remember if it still does) all providing ways to gain exp its not like its made ridicuslously hard (unless you count S rank to H rank, but thats another story and I still feel like H ranks get gipped a bit). Besides, ranking up should not be the focus. I've had tons of fun with my low ranked characters(before people went inactive) and with the gap not being ridiculous between ranks in terms of power and such its quite possible for low ranks to beat high ranks through smart roleplay.

Now onto the topic at hand.
    I see no issue with this at all. In fact, to some extent I could see this like a naruto team. Three student members being trained under one leader until they get to a certain point and can lead their own teams and train others. In fact, it would almost be worthwhile if you're mentoring multiple people at once and do jobs with those people to provide some sort of bonus.

I think the limits for the number of people you can mentor is to stop that one really active member basically super levelling half the site. Though I don't see any issue with increasing it to say six and having it so you can only mentee three people at a time. Or the school idea, but I think perhaps that should be something special. Perhaps a character can save up jewels to purchase a school license or something to train more people at once. We have slots for everything else thats purchaseable so why not 'consecuative tutees' and 'max number of tutees'. Also can we rename it tutor and tutee because we have something else has mentors if I remember rightly.

I think the randomness of the mentor system also hinders things as you can get someone and its bloody hard to think why your character would be training them. For example, for a while my legal guild guildmaster was training a dark guild member because that was how it was assigned. I managed to come up with some plot for it, but it was tough going. I think randomness works perhaps in some cases, but how we have it now is weird.

Welcome Guest.

Mentoring in Bulk? 8Xdz1Cq

Current missions(0/6):
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Devil's Zeal
    Second Magic: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Magic: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 5th December 2016, 5:21 am

Honestly liking the idea of being able to mentor multiple people at the same time. The school idea sounds like it could be a guild of sorts or an actual thing that members can be either students or teachers in which could promote activity more.

The 4 man squad type idea sounds cool too with it being a naruto-like team. Lots of different ways this can go and all of them bring out a good amount of activity and add more fun to the site. So yup, I'm down for it.

Mentoring in Bulk? LxcTBIi
    Character Info:

Post by Guest 5th December 2016, 5:32 am

Seeing as I plan on revamping the mentor system. I'll see if I can get this added in.

Post by Guest 5th December 2016, 6:02 am

YAAAYYYY
    Noheme
    Noheme

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- God Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Armoured Beast
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 872,660

Character Sheet
    First Magic: N/A
    Second Magic: N/A
    Third Magic:

Post by Noheme 5th December 2016, 1:17 pm

I feel like absolutely everyone agrees to this, even on Marcy's suggestion where this was mentioned. Of course, I would love this implemented as well.

Luna Jaeger
    Luna Jaeger

Knight VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Destiny
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Experience : 1262.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sky God Slayer
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Luna Jaeger 6th December 2016, 9:24 am

I agree with this.

Hero Yamamoto
    Hero Yamamoto

One Punch Man

One Punch Man

Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Job Creator- Christian Minecraft Server- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Hero of the Almighty
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Mentor : Elyx Reiaki [Previous]
    Experience : 66,000

Character Sheet
    First Magic: The Conqueror
    Second Magic: The War God
    Third Magic:

Post by Hero Yamamoto 14th December 2016, 12:36 pm

Marceline Anicetus wrote:Seeing as I plan on revamping the mentor system. I'll see if I can get this added in.

THREE CHEERS FOR MARCEY-CHAMA

" 戦争が来ています。そしてそれが起こると...人生は死を切望するでしょう。"
    "War is coming. And when that happens... life will yearn for death."
    Job Slots: 3 of 6
    D - 8C - 1B - 1A - 4S - 210Y - 0100Y - 0
    The Great VaultTemplate † Main Theme †  Hero's Voice †
    Mentoring in Bulk? RkPDiNE

Post by Guest 28th December 2016, 6:49 pm

RIP. I forgot to mention this was fixed and added into rules. Locking and moving~

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 3:12 am