Special Characteristics: None
Personality: Vincent is a man of few, but powerful, passions. In a more social setting, he won't hesitate to tell others about his present work or about the work he plans on doing in the future. At his core, Vincent is a true wizard - not just one who uses magic as a tool to help those in need, but one who studies magic in depth and attempts to develop it further not for any specific goal, but because it's simply interesting in its own right. In his private time, Vincent will contemplate any results he has observed through personal experimentation or actually perform experimentation to investigate various forms of commonly used magic, such as that belonging to casters and holders or those with certain elemental affinities.
As a result of his specialized interest, Vincent is significantly less informed about other topics and even the world he lives in as a whole - seeing those aforementioned topics that are not specifically and clearly related to the study of magic as a waste of time. Due to this view, Vincent is quite uninformed with regards to the hierarchical organization of various groups across Fiore - groups that any other individual would be able to evaluate or with which, at the very least, have some sort of semblance of familiarity.
Vincent views combat as a necessary evil in his quest for knowledge and understanding. In addition to his studies on magic, Vincent makes an effort to study the anatomy of various aggressive creatures around Fiore or that he is likely to meet in order to minimize the amount of time he needs to fight before any potential enemy is pacified. As far as his opponents are concerned, he has no qualms about killing monsters but is very highly averse to the killing of other sentient humans. Barring extreme circumstances, Vincent won't kill nor will he allow others to be killed if he can help it.
While to some, a life of solidarity can be maddening, Vincent prefers his own company more than that of others. He leans heavily onto the introverted side of the degree of extroversion and, as such, will often limit himself to one or two allies should he need assistance to take on a job. Speaking of jobs, he does them only to help fund his own private research or to gather certain information that he couldn't otherwise reproduce. While he cares a bit about the plight of those who need mages to assist them, he doesn't care enough to act if there wasn't a jewel incentive and thus may be seen as a bit cruel or insensitive by some.
Vincent is certainly on the selfish side of motivations, as he doesn't see the feeling of pride that one gets from helping others as particularly worthwhile nor valuable in the long-term. His goals, he believes, are far more important and thus if he has to take more time on a job in order to collect data - Vincent won't hesitate.
- Baths - As one who constantly spends hours at a time thinking about narrow topics, Vincent has come to the conclusion that doing so while completely relaxed in a body of water is most beneficial to coming to meaningful conclusions.
- Truth - While most people would say that they like the truth, Vincent has dedicated his entire life to the notion. With each experiment he performs and every data set that he accumulates, Vincent unlocks deeper and more subtle aspects of magic which he is happy to share with all who'd listen.
- Water - Being raised basically on a wasteland of frigid ice will leave you with a love of the solidified water, as you and it are in close proximity for a very long time. There's something about the nature of water that Vincent can't quite put his finger on that makes it his favorite elemental affinity.
- False Prophets - Not exactly liars, but rather specifically those who claim to have wisdom which they really lack. False prophets will speak in such a way so as to sway the desperate into begging them for guidance. The guidance provided will always come at a cost and will never be helpful. These predators are the antithetical to his entire being.
- Hot-Heads - Those who are too eager to jump into combat or conclusions are looked upon quite poorly by Vincent. He judges these kinds of individuals as immature at best and malicious at worst.
- Shortsightedness - Vincent is aware that a degree of shortsightedness is necessary to keep a machine running smoothly, so to speak, but often notices that shortsighted behaviors are much more common than they ought to be. The negative effects of shortsightedness can be as minuscule as people choosing not to use a service more than once if the service provider made promises he couldn't keep to catastrophic if one with high authority employs shortsighted decision making in his or her position.
- Wisdom - It drives Vincent on an ongoing quest to learn everything about magic and the creatures he will encounter. The degree to which he will seek wisdom and knowledge grows with each day and each new piece of knowledge he uncovers. This is is greatest motivation.
- Adventure - A bit of a corollary to his primary motivation. To make his discoveries and learn new things about the magical world, he is required to go out and hunt down long forgotten ruins, ancient beasts, and any manner of magical object.
- Legacy - Yet another secondary motivation related closely to his first. Vincent wants to be remembered in Fiore, and perhaps even Earthland as one who contributed meaningfully to the study of magic. As such, he is unafraid to go to what others might consider extreme lengths to further his studies.
- Distrust - Specifically between he and those he views as allies. Any psychological schism between he and his allies is a recipe for trouble and he hope that none will ever arise, for it would most definitely lead to an inefficient execution of whatever job with which they are tasked.
- Losing His Mind - His mind is his most precious asset and should it become corrupted, Vincent would be completely lost.
- Being Forgotten - This fear is not a surprise given that he wants to be remembered. One of his greatest fears is having his work as well as his knowledge lost to time with no one to continue his research.
Weight: 175 lbs.
Eyes: A light blue
Skin Tone: Pale
Guild: Silver Wolf
Tattoo: Guild tattoo is located on lower back, black
Last edited by King Zenshin on 13th October 2019, 9:47 am; edited 23 times in total