Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Question Thread

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Guild : Savage Skull / Aelyst Crux (Dragon Fang Co-Founder)
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Dregon (Magic), Master Aoi (Weapons), & Edward (Combat)
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cʏʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄʏ
    Second Skill: Aʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴀʀ
    Third Skill:

Star Re: Question Thread

Post by Kaseki 19th October 2014, 8:44 pm

What was the Avatar Seijin used before the baby panda?

I mean the Sexy Panda~

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Damien Marx
    Damien Marx

Player 
    Lineage : Commander's Aura
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Experience : 450

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Take Over Dragon Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Damien Marx 24th October 2014, 2:07 pm

When ranking up can a spell be moved up to a different rank?
    For example: A fire dragon slayer has fire dragon iron fist as a D-rank spell. They move up to C-rank and change fire dragon iron fist to a C-rank and make a new D-rank?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Mentor : Memnarch
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tergiversation Arts
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 24th October 2014, 2:34 pm

ArchangelSariel wrote:When ranking up can a spell be moved up to a different rank?
    For example: A fire dragon slayer has fire dragon iron fist as a D-rank spell. They move up to C-rank and change fire dragon iron fist to a C-rank and make a new D-rank?

You're actually given a choice. Upgrading a spell can only be done on rank ups or you can make a new spell entirely. You cannot buy a spell upgrade.

Themes:
    JaffaArchfiend
    JaffaArchfiend

Summoner of Faith

Summoner of Faith

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Destiny
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Mentor : Secondary - Katherine Wickfield
    Experience : 4986.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Holy Stigmata Magic
    Second Skill: Celestial Spirit Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by JaffaArchfiend 30th October 2014, 4:10 pm

Time... How long is an IC year on this site just wondering? Given the nature of liquid time and such. Do we take it as one full IRL year, or is it between certain events, or is it half of one IRL year = an IC year for our characters?

Question Thread - Page 5 Kiersa%20Signature2_zpsbeofxgfa

Theme:

Moo Se
    Moo Se

Player 
    Lineage : Seductor's Touch

Post by Moo Se 31st October 2014, 7:40 am

Why does every spell require 4 or more weaknesses?

Question Thread - Page 5 4TxBeXX
    Damien Marx
    Damien Marx

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Damien Marx 31st October 2014, 7:41 am

Moo Se wrote:Why does every spell require 4 or more weaknesses?

It's to try and balance everything out so that no one can make a spell that's OP. It's not a perfect system but it works. You have to have one more weakness than strength.

Aayla
    Aayla

Knight of Water

Knight of Water

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Pluto
    Cosmic Coins : 15
    Mentor : Hydrianna (Water Dragon), Deniel (Takeover)
    Experience : 8500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: 3rd Generation Water Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aayla 2nd November 2014, 12:30 pm

Okay this has been bugging me for a while but does anyone else have this issue...

When I go to edit a post with any kind of code in it, like color, size or even positioning.  Once it's edited, it just automatically adds all of these extra [size=13] codes everywhere that dont even work and mess everything up...

Question Thread - Page 5 Fc9659f1-c886-4f01-a734-cae0d61afbaf_zpsh3e1k6vj
    Damien Marx
    Damien Marx

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Damien Marx 2nd November 2014, 6:00 pm

Aayla wrote:Okay this has been bugging me for a while but does anyone else have this issue...

When I go to edit a post with any kind of code in it, like color, size or even positioning.  Once it's edited, it just automatically adds all of these extra [size=13] codes everywhere that dont even work and mess everything up...

I've had this happen with the bold command a lot.

Nakiya
    Nakiya

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil's Chimera
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 1118.75

Post by Nakiya 2nd November 2014, 8:18 pm

The sizes happen to me all the time and its frustrating to do into my magic and have to delete the sizes from every line T^T

Question Thread - Page 5 5931829f-31fd-4a8e-9486-c4fcc0e77b13_zpsb8913c88
    JaffaArchfiend
    JaffaArchfiend

Summoner of Faith

Summoner of Faith

Lineage : Knight of Destiny
    Mentor : Secondary - Katherine Wickfield
    Experience : 4986.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Holy Stigmata Magic
    Second Skill: Celestial Spirit Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by JaffaArchfiend 3rd November 2014, 4:17 am

A couple of questions with the new way that Golden Key summons works...

puts a great strain on the user and so they are limited to the amount of things they can summon at once. This is listed in terms of D rank summons, with 2D=1C, 4D = 1B, 8D = 1A, 16D = 1 S, 48D = 1H.

D = 2
    C = 4
    B = 8
    A = 16
    S = 32
    H = 96

hey count as 1.5 of their rank in terms of 'number of summons' i.e. a D rank gold key would be equal to 1.5D ranks and as such would be the only summon you could have out of that rank.

Does this mean then for C-Rank they would be 2.5 D? B rank Gold would be 4.5 D's? etc etc?

And, in terms of Mana cost, would they still cost the same as a spell of that rank? Example, I'm C-Rank and Capricorn is C-Rank spell, would that make summoning Capricorn cost 10% mana as a normal C-Rank spell would at this stage?

This new summoning system seems a tad... confusing is all given the wording and D-Rank equivalant thing.

Question Thread - Page 5 Kiersa%20Signature2_zpsbeofxgfa

Theme:

Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 3rd November 2014, 7:13 am

The chart goes in D-ranks for showing cost and half of each rank's cost amount is the cost of one summon of that rank. You will be able to bring out 2 summons of your rank unless they are gold keys. At each rank half of your cost amount is the cost of a summon of that rank excluding gold key summons that cost extra.

Gold keys are different in that they cost extra to have out. At D-rank you have 2 cost power so if you brought out a Gold key spirit it would cost you 1.5 of your cost to have out which leaves you with .5 left and stops you from summoning anything else of rank. Gold keys cost an extra .5 in cost each rank on top of the regular cost of a summon of their rank(D - 1.5, C - 2.5, B- 4.5, A- 8.5, S - 16.5, H- 48.5). This prevents you from being able to summon anything else of rank when you have out a gold key spirit.

Summons cost mp now the same as regular spells do by rank.

Question Thread - Page 5 LxcTBIi
    Character Info:
    Aayla
    Aayla

Knight of Water

Knight of Water

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aayla 4th November 2014, 12:15 am

Aayla wrote:Okay this has been bugging me for a while but does anyone else have this issue...

When I go to edit a post with any kind of code in it, like color, size or even positioning.  Once it's edited, it just automatically adds all of these extra codes everywhere that dont even work and mess everything up...
    [size]

Another question on top of my last one :P
     5% HP Regen if it relates to magic, what does that actually mean? if it relates to magic? The magic being used by the weapon?

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 4th November 2014, 2:20 am

Your question doesn't make much sense Aayla. For the most part all weapon magic has to relate in some way to your magic.

So if your magic is sky dragon slayer then you have healing spells so its easily allowable for your weapon to have regen.

Question Thread - Page 5 Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Question Thread - Page 5 Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Question Thread - Page 5 Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Za'cha
    Za'cha

Death of Slayers

Death of Slayers

Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Technological Superiority
    Experience : 2612.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Breaker Ex-Quip
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Za'cha 4th November 2014, 4:52 pm

Just wondering about third characters, aka the second alt. My main is JaffaArchfiend, the character Kiersa Bec in Sabertooth. This is my first alt Za'cha who is in Savage Skull...

- Your characters cannot be in the same Guild and must belong to different factions

For the third character a person makes... does the above rule mean that the third one HAS to be guildless, or in the Rune Knights? Assuming that by factions it means, Legal, Neutral, Dark Guilds, Guildless, Magic Council... since right now, there doesn't appear to be a Neutral Guild.

Question Thread - Page 5 Zacha%20Signature_zpshz08b5sz

Theme AMV:
    Nakiya
    Nakiya

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil's Chimera
    Experience : 1118.75

Post by Nakiya 4th November 2014, 11:29 pm

O-o well... Manayus is in FT and Aayla is in ST and no one objected to that o-o

Question Thread - Page 5 5931829f-31fd-4a8e-9486-c4fcc0e77b13_zpsb8913c88
    Bass
    Bass

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms-- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Mentor : -
    Experience : 125

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Naknight
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Bass 5th November 2014, 1:28 am

I don't think it does. I've got two dark guilders and two legals (yes I have four because I got permission to have four)

Welcome Guest.

Question Thread - Page 5 8Xdz1Cq

Current missions(0/6):
    Lumina Rubyscale
    Lumina Rubyscale

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Player 
    Lineage : Rubyscale Juggernaught

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Rose Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lumina Rubyscale 5th November 2014, 7:01 am

Im pretty sure when they say factions they mean guilds guys. i mean Kiba is in ES, Eien is ST, Towa is RK, and Kakuma is SS.( I also have permission to have 4)

Question Thread - Page 5 QGrxNTU
    Vivian Carmello
    Vivian Carmello

Player 
    Lineage : Eagle Vision
    Experience : 125

Post by Vivian Carmello 6th November 2014, 1:37 pm

What Kiba said. Factions refers to guilds; you can have people in FT, LS, and BP without breaking any rules (unless you aren't allowed to have said people, of course). I also have confirmation from Kyll that you can have multiple Guildless characters, as they don't contribute to the Scoreboard in a way that could skew results.

Question Thread - Page 5 0007510
    Thanks to Kaseki for the fabulous Siggy ^_^
    Question Thread - Page 5 Coolt141
    Aayla
    Aayla

Knight of Water

Knight of Water

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aayla 9th November 2014, 10:41 am

TO rules for reference:

Okay so rules up here is my request/suggestion.

I have takeover as my secondary magic, which worked well when it used TOE because there was no added bonuses or anything that I am aware of. Now however, I feel kind of jipped at the fact that one of my forms gets no bonuses because it only has one partial due to how secondary magics are made of. Does that mean I just don't get any bonuses to that form at all?

CS spirit summoning as a secondary doesn't seem to be excessively limiting in that sense.

Now onto my suggestion. My suggestion would be to have a set of bonuses for takeover as a secondary (they don't need to be higher or the same or anything) just to make it fair. That, or add a smaller bonus for having only one partial TO to a form.

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 10th November 2014, 1:47 am

With the way the new rules are set up it should not be possible to have a form with less than two partials. Or that was how it was intended. However, secondary takeover may not have been taken into consideration(and indeed it wasn't) when this was written.

Still, even without bonuses you still have some edge. Your full takeover gains all the abilities of its partials whether it be one, two, three or four plus its own abilities(can't remember how many). It also doesn't make much sense to me that one partial should be able to constitute a full takeover.

When TOE was about there were added bonuses. When in a full takeover you got a 50% bonus to what your partials provided.

I will take your suggestion into consideration and try to work out a way of allowing secondary magic to work for takeover. It will not be as big an issue once the dungeon system has been released as that should(to my knowledge) be allowing more secondary slots to be gained.

Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Miharu
    Miharu

Lineage : Musashi's Descent
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Miharu 10th November 2014, 7:26 am

Why can slayers not have stat boost spells? Someone said it was because of Force, but Slayers can barely use force with the requirements being a lil up there. Which is fine since I'd rather people not spam force, but why can't we have buffs?

Question Thread - Page 5 YqmfdpX
    Krow
    Krow

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Mark of Cain

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Krow 10th November 2014, 8:15 pm

Miharu wrote:Why can slayers not have stat boost spells? Someone said it was because of Force, but Slayers can barely use force with the requirements being a lil up there. Which is fine since I'd rather people not spam force, but why can't we have buffs?

I have to agree with Miharu on this inquiry. I've personally used Force once, and that's only because I dragged out the boss fight. Outside of like very specific jobs, a Slayer's ability to ever even enter Force once let alone twice is near non-existent. So a Slayer not being allowed to have buff-based spells only handicaps them. I know you could also say they cannot have physical buffs and whatnot because Slayer's already have certain buffs, but that's honestly more of an excuse than a legitimate reason, as is using our ability to enter Force as a reason we cannot have stat boosting spells.

And before someone say's having Force as an ability is reason enough, it seriously isn't. I've asked other Slayer's and even those who are Guild Master's, A-rank or above have admitted they have only ever been able to enter Force once or twice. Thus making that an invalid reason.

Now, from a different view point, if Dragon/God/Demon Force was easier to enter, I could understand Slayer's not being allowed to have stat boosting spells. Heck, I'd even be willing to help find a middle ground that would allow such a prospect to make sense.
    Seijin
    Seijin

The Panda

The Panda

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alt Account- Get Married- Get Divorced- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Hired Help- Devotee of Darkness- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Innocent- Guilty- Pardoned- The Completionist- World Traveler- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Monty Python- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Motor City Rush- Rainbow- Hero- Villain- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Royal Panda
    Guild : None
    Cosmic Coins :
    Dungeon Tokens :
    Mentor : None
    Experience :

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Panda Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Seijin 10th November 2014, 9:42 pm

Slayers still have an advantage towards other mages. You have to take into these factors.

-Ability to use force
    -Ability to absorb/eat their respected elements thus replenishing their magic powers
    -Ability to be immune to their respected element
    -Their magic is incredibly effective against their respected monster that they're slaying
    -Gives you a little amount of fame as there are limited slayers on the site and in this world

Not to mention players have complained about slayers being OP in the past.
    Miharu
    Miharu

Lineage : Musashi's Descent
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Miharu 11th November 2014, 1:00 am

Sort of.
    1) We just stated force is lil to null of use.
    2)Good perk, but non-slayer magics can have an ability similar
    3) Not immune still take damage even though it is small
    4) True but from what I have seen even though no one is effective, they can still kill dragons
    5)OK, I agree with this one

I am not saying we need to be OP, but I am saying, I think everyone saying we're OP doesn't understand that we are also pretty limited. I mean my magic wouldn't even get approved without a thorough screening, and was nerfed until it was on par or lower than some D ranks. I just think buffs should be allowed considering the one buff ( force) is super rare. Even if the buffs are minor

Question Thread - Page 5 YqmfdpX
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 11th November 2014, 3:35 am

I didn't even realise that buffs were not allowed.
    I think a reason for this might be that in canon the only people who have ever done any buffing are the sky slayers.

I don't think there is an issue with a slayer perhaps coating their arm in their respective element as a defense buff or to allow a more powerful punch. I could be mistaken of course.

Current date/time is 12th May 2024, 10:29 pm