Secondary Magic Name: Takeover Magic
Evidence of Accomplishment: https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t9517-aayla-s-secondary-magic-training-private
Caster or Holder: Caster Magic
Description: Aayla's brand of takeover magic is very unique, being a representation of her own soul, instead of a soul she has actually taken over. Allowing the soul to represent itself by taking over Aayla's body, grants her greater strength and speed, along with a variety of new skills like flying.
- Improves the users primary magic when in a partial or full takeover. Adding an extra rank of damage per primary magic used.
- Increases physical strength and speed by 10%
- While in a full body takeover, dragon force only requires Aayla to be eating water for 4 consecutive posts, not 5
- No matter which form she is in, she will always be vulnerable to lightning
- All water spells are weaker against Vegetation and steel magic
- The Serpent Soul magic requires Aayla's primal soul to take over, therefore, when in this form, Aayla doesn't act like her usual self. She is much more up front, sometimes mean and tough as her mind is corrupted by a sudden darkness.
- TO Magic Rules for reference:
Take Over magic is using magic to take on abilities and identities of powerful creatures. Similar to summoning, but instead of summoning the beast itself you become it, either partially or fully. This is also where we will draw a distinction: Partial Take Over, Fulll Take Over or Form and Spell.
A user of this magic is limited to a maximum of sixteen 'partial' takeovers that can form into a full takeover. A full takeover can consist of between 2 and 4 partials. The fewer partials required to make a 'full' takeover the lower the benefits gained of achieving said full takeover. All partials and forms must follow a specific theme e.g. Satan Soul uses demons, Beast Soul uses monsters, Animal Soul uses animals.
A partial takeover can have one passive and one active ability equal to its rank.
A full takeover gains all the active abilities of its partial plus one additional passive ability equal to its rank. It must be at least one rank higher than the partials.
A full takeover gains all of the passive abilities of its passives at a boosted amount. This amount is what is effected by the amount of partials.
Two partials: 10%
Three partials: 25%
Four partials: 50%
This makes the full takeover an incredibly powerful item. However, the amount a user can buff a stat in any full takeover is as follows:
The remainder of the spell slots that a user has can be used for two things:
Partial takeovers that are NOT part of a form or abilities which can only be used whilst using certain partials/full takeovers.
- When a Partial TO is in cooldown, its Form cannot be activated.
- When a Form enters its cooldown, all of its Partial TOs enter cooldown as well.
- Every Form must be at least 1 Rank higher than its highest ranked Partial TO.
- Spells belonging to a certain Form cannot be used by a Partial or Full TO of another Form.
- Each Take Over takes up 1 Spell Slot.
- Each regular Spell has to be assigned to a Form and can only be used in the Form or with the appropriate Partial Take Over of that Form.
- Partials of different Forms may be combined with each other simultaneously, but they cannot produce another Form.
- Only a maximum of four partials can be used at once
- Takeover active spells will use MP
- Takeover active abilities must function like normal spells with durations and cooldowns
- Signature Spell:
Name: Serpent Scales
Type: Self, Partial T/O of the Serpent Dragon
Description: Light blue and green Water dragon scales cover Aaylas entire body, covering any exposed skin in the malleable scales. The scales receive the full blow of the damage received by an attacked which cancels 50% of the damage taken by Aayla.
Passive: A spell of the users rank causes 50% less damage due to the tough dragon scales (ex: 0.5A ranked damage instead of 1) The scales can take 2A rank damage before breaking, or will disappear naturally after 3 posts.
Duration: 3 posts
Cooldown: 4 posts
- Scales cover 95% of Aayla's body
- The scales that cover Aayla's body are dragon scales, meaning they are tougher and more resilient than something like Serpents Scales
- Whenever Aayla enters her water body, the scales will do the same as they are a part of her.
- The scales do not cover Aayla's face.
- The scales offer no added strength boost
- Offers no speed enhancement
- Offers no resistance to physical attacks above Aayla's rank.
- D Rank:
Name: Serpent Claws
Type: Self, Partial T/O of Serpent Soul
Description: Aayla's hands and forearms become covered in heavy adamantine scales, growing larger and larger as the takeover takes hold. Her fingers elongate into sharp, powerful claws as Aayla summons a piece of her takeover's soul. These claws are powerful, granting Aayla an extra D rank of melee damage and offering a 50% chance of poisoning her opponents.
Passive: These claws are as sharp as a katana's blade, offering Aayla an extra D rank of damage per physical strike.
Active: Offers a 50% change of poisoning an enemy for 2 turns. The poison deals .5D rank extra damage per post/per activation if it is successful.
Duration: 2 posts
Cooldown: 3 posts
- Can be used to block 1D rank of physical/melee damage if used for defense, per activation. (I.e can only block 1D rank of damage until the spell has had time to cool down)
- Adamantine scales are very durable, able to take 3 hits of D rank damage before breaking.
- The weight of the scales are what allow Aayla to take so much damage and hit with more bone breaking force.
- Offers no extra resistance against ranged magical attacks.
- The poison's effects do not stack.
- If used against a tougher element (i.e metal), the claws will break after 2D rank of damage.
- When used at the same time as water magic that covers the claws, the poisoning chance is reduced to 0%
- C Rank:
Name: Wings of the Serpent
Type: Partial of Serpent Soul Takeover, Self, high defense/offence
Description: (See image of the A Rank Form- Serpent Soul)
Two large wings spanning 4m long and 1.5m high erupt from the young dragon slayers back. They are lined with thick, adamantine scales along the bones with talons emerging from every joint and ending of the wings. The 'tissue' like part of the wings are also enforced by a protective layer of adamantine scales.
Passive: The adamantine scales lining the wings make a great shield. When the brings are brought together in front of Aayla, they connect to form a completely 360 degree protection around her. This shield is able to withstand 2C rank damage per activation. Otherwise, spell damage of rank or lower is reduced by 1 rank (ex: 1C rank damage will only do 1D rank damage. D ranked damage will deal .5D ranked damage)
Active: Gale Force: With her feet firmly planted on the ground, Aayla is able to create powerful wind magic from her wings, needing only to beat them once to unleash the powerful winds at an enemy. This spell deals C ranked damage and is powerful enough to push an opponent (of rank or lower) 5 feet backwards. This requires a 2 post cooldown and can only be used twice per activation.
Duration: 4 posts
Cooldown: 5 posts
- With her wings, Aayla is able to summon up wind magic which he is usually unable to do, at all.
- If used offensively, the wings deal regular C ranked damage. They can be used this way due to the taloned wing endings.
- The protective wings are extremely durable and add resistance to all spells and attack to some degree.
- The wings will break after receiving 2C ranked damage before instantly going to cooldown.
- Any damage over the amount the wings are able to defend against, Aayla will take the difference in damage (I.e if someone dealt 2B ranked damage, the wings would break and Aayla would take 1.5B ranked damage)
- When Aayla is in the air, wind magic will heavily affect her ability to fly.
- B ranked and above flames/cold deal an extra 0.5 damage of the spell used. ( B ranked deals an extra 0.5B, A rank an extra 0.5 A rank and S rank an extra 0.5 Rank)
- B Rank:
Name: Serpents gaze
Type: Partial T/O of Serpent Dragon
Description:The dragon's gaze is an ability found in the users eyes. The iris' will shift into dark slits while the whites of Aayla's eyes will turn blue. To those looking on, it seems like nothing more than a scare tactic, but once someone gazes into those transformed eyes, they might as well surrender to their fate.
Passive: Once the takeover is activated, a dark aura surrounds Aayla's body that can be felt from far away, even by lower ranked wizards. This aura also causes fear in those within 10m around Aayla. Those affected by the fear of this aura will not be affected the same way as her active ability. Instead, it just creates a general sense of fear of Aayla, a wariness and uncertainty about her.
Active: Once someone looks into Aayla's eyes directly, anyone B ranked and under will be struck by fear and find themselves unable to attack Aayla for 1 post.While under the effects of Dragon fear, enemies will have to react to their worst fears for the post that they are affected. They can still dodge Aayla's attacks out of fear of her (or whatever is plaguing their mind), but it will not be in the same way that they would normally dodge an attack. A ranked enemies will suffer a 25% speed reduction as they will not fully succumb to the dragon fear beyond a little bit of shaking.
Duration: 5 posts
Cooldown: 6 posts
- Regardless of eye contact, Aayla's presence with this takeover will affect her opponent in one way or another. Whether it be to inspire fear with her aura, or strike fear into their hearts with her eyes.
- Although her magic will not immobilize her enemies, it will cause them to panic and mess up otherwise simple spells in an effort to get away from her once under the effects of her active ability.
- Aayla will feel a sudden confidence in herself and her abilities with this t/o active as the ability to strike fears into her enemies is something she has grown proud of.
- This ability will not work on someone with glasses, unless they remove them.
- This ability will not work against someone else who has an active ability cast by the eyes.
- The spells wear off when the opponent s 6m away from Aayla.
- Must have eye contact with an opponent to cast any of these spells. Once the spell is cast, eye contact can be broken.
- A Rank:
Name: Serpent Soul
Partials Included are: Wings of the Serpent, Serpent Claws
Description: The Serpent soul takeover is the physical representation of the Sea Serpents endurance and power. With Adamantine covering 3/4 of the users body, it is nearly impenetrable when trained properly. The large Adamantine wings provide a 360 degree shield, while the claws and talons provide a deadly assault. The ear coverings are hollow, allowing sound to echo through and are able to pick up noises from a greater distance through the vibrations. Her adamantine tail can be used for offense, using the spiked tip to cut at her enemies.
Duration: 6 posts
Cooldown: 7 posts
Passive ability gained from partials:
- Serpent Claws:
These claws are as sharp as a katana's blade, offering Aayla an extra D rank of damage per physical strike.
- Wings of the Serpent:
The adamantine scales lining the wings make a great shield. When the brings are brought together in front of Aayla, they connect to form a completely 360 degree protection around her. This shield is able to withstand 1C rank damage per activation. Otherwise, spell damage of rank or lower is reduced by 1 rank (ex: 1C rank damage will only do 1D rank damage. D ranked damage will deal .5D ranked damage)
- Serpent Claws:
- Offers a 50% change of poisoning an enemy for 2 turns. The poison deals .5D rank extra damage per post/per activation if it is successful.
- Wings of the Serpent:
- Gale Force: With her feet firmly planted on the ground, Aayla is able to create powerful wind magic from her wings, needing only to beat them once to unleash the powerful winds at an enemy. This spell deals C ranked damage and is powerful enough to push an opponent (of rank or lower) 5 feet backwards. This requires a 1 post cooldown and can only be used twice her activation.
- In her full takeover form, the passive abilities are boosted by 10%
- Aayla benefits from increased strength while in this form, her claws deal ranked damage plus an extra 0.5 rank damage per strike +10%
- With her body now 95% covered by adamantine scales, the defence granted by her wings and claws is extended to those parts of her body.
-Intense flames + intense cold will weaken the adamantine armor.
-Vulnerable to lightning magic as the metal will conduct electricity as well as her water.
-The heavy adamantine armor slows Aayla down by 30%
-The parts of her body that are not covered in Adamantine Scales are regular human flesh and gain no extra defence.
- S Rank:
Name: Form of the Serpent Dragon
Type: Dragon, Water, Melee, Range, Form
Description: The form of the Serpent Dragon taps into the latent power given to her by the Water Dragon Hydrianna. Her skin begins to shimmer like water dancing under a bright yellow sun until her body is covered in the thick dragon scales that resemble those of her missing mothers. When utilising this form Aayla surrenders the defensive enhancement provided by her wings in order to give herself even greater boosted speed. So rather than 50% speed and defence at S rank you'd get a 100% speed buff and 0% defense buff.
The claws around her figure look like dragon claws, gripping the Dragon Slayer and infusing her with her power. Two large wings sprout out behind her, spanning 4m in length and covered in the same thick, poisonous scales of the Water Dragon. These same wings grace Aayla with immense speeds, making her seem like little more than a blurr when going full speed. Her temperament is also affected by this form. Much more brash and menacing than her usual self, Aayla will fight only for herself and for her family.
Her claws and talons shine brightly, her wings made for agility while her tail moves swiftly as the dragon within her seeks to take over.
- Serpent Dragon:
Duration: 8 posts
Cooldown: 9 posts
Passive ability gained from Partials
- Serpents Scales:
- A spell of the users rank causes 50% less damage due to the tough dragon scales (ex: 0.5A ranked damage instead of 1)
- Dragon's gaze:
- Once the takeover is activated, a dark aura surrounds Aayla's body that can be felt from far away, even by lower ranked wizards. This aura also causes fear in those within 10m around Aayla. Those affected by the fear of this aura will not be affected the same way as her active ability. Instead, it just creates a general sense of fear of Aayla, a wariness and uncertainty about her.
- Dragon's Gaze:
- Once someone looks into Aayla's eyes directly, they. Anyone B ranked and under will be struck by fear and find themselves unable to attack Aayla for 1 post.While under the effects of Dragon fear, enemies will have to react to their worst fears for the post that they are affected. They can still dodge Aayla's attacks out of fear of her (or whatever is plaguing their mind), but it will not be in the same way that they would normally dodge an attack. A ranked enemies will suffer a 25% speed reduction as they will not fully succumb to the dragon fear beyond a little bit of shaking.
Forms Passive ability: In this form Aayla gains a darker presence. By gaining this darkness, Aayla's spells deal 0.5 rank more damage and gain a darker tint.
- This form carries over all the active and passive abilities from it's partial takeovers, increasing stat increases by 10%
- Aayla is able to infuse the darkness attribute into her water strikes when used in conjunction with her advanced aura burst.
- With this form, Aayla's strength and speed increase exponentially.
- Natural weakness to lightning magic.
- May sometimes lose her own thoughts in the heat of battle, 'blacking out' as she fights. If allies get in her way in this state, then she will not hesitate to strike them as well.
- The underside of her tail has much softer scales than the rest of her body. If grabbed in any way, she will freeze up.
- Weak against any kind of steel magic of the same rank.
Last edited by Aayla on 2nd December 2014, 12:14 pm; edited 56 times in total