Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Next Step

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Scion of the Void King
    Position : Goddess of Conviction
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 12,421,054

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Voidwalking
    Second Skill: Sword of Wrath
    Third Skill: Cruorthurgy

The Next Step Empty The Next Step

Post by Serilda Sinclair 2nd December 2023, 9:11 pm

Seri Banner
    Conviction never shames nor condemns us.
    It calls us back to who we truly are.
    “Sloppy!”

Victoria’s training sessions had been going on for some time now. The Seal had volunteered to spar with Vandrad, Cedric, and Vriko in order to help each of them push the limits of their various magics, particularly the ark for the men and the blessing for Vriko. While all three of them had made quite a bit of progress, they still weren’t anywhere near what they would need in order to fight a force such as Faera. Even Cedric, who was by far the more adept with the Ark, had a long way to go.

Currently she was in the garden area just outside of the manor on New Rhaegar that served as a sparring ground. Today, she was only working with Vandrad and Cedric. With the two men being quite a bit ahead of Vriko’s skill level, she had elected to add an additional day of training a week to focus on just the men so they could truly be challenged without having to worry about whether or not Mythal’s sister was keeping up with them. She could sense that both of them were a bit distracted, though Cedric was more so than Vandrad. It was no surprise, given that the Rhaegarian known as Xavier had been found and apprehended only the day before. Xavier’s presence had put practically the entire island in a state of tension, particularly for the members of the du Wolff household. Given Cedric’s amorous relations with Vandrad’s pupil, and how Xavier had deceived her, it was only to be expected that he be just as invested in Xavier’s fate as the rest of the island.

But distractions did not make for efficient training, and they were both being more careless than usual. It was beginning to vex her. For all that Victoria’s behavior toward mortals had improved over the years, or at least with the ones that she spent the most time with and had grown to respect in her own way, she was still very much a supernatural creature that did not fully sympathize with the human condition. The two men had been attacking her simultaneously, but it was not up to their usual standard, their actions half-cocked and fueled more by emotion than strategy. Victoria had easily brushed both of their efforts aside before digging into her own magical reserves and exploding a wave of power from herself that was strong enough to push both men back several dozen meters.

“I did not come all this way today just to have my time wasted with clumsy, amateur attacks. Get your heads out of your asses and focus..!” If they couldn’t do so on their own, then Victoria would simply have to force them to block out everything else. Shifting gears in the blink of an eye, she increased her speed and strength to a measure that was noticeably higher than she typically fought them with up until this point in their training. Going fully on the offensive, she practically appeared right in front of Cedric, snatching him by the front of his top and forcibly hurling him at Vandrad. Whether or not the men managed to avoid a collision, she materialized beside them in the blink of an eye with her polearm in hand, swinging it in a wide arc that would deliver some serious damage if they didn’t put all of their attention on defending themselves.

WORDS: 567 | @Vandrad Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Traveller of the Multiverse
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 7,808,129

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Energy Monarch
    Second Skill: Ark of the Dread Masters
    Third Skill:

The Next Step Empty Re: The Next Step

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 3rd December 2023, 1:57 pm

There’s no fair or unfair in battle.
    ( There is only victory or in your case, defeat. )
    The Next Step RJtajUnz_o

“Son of a-”

Cedric had just moved into a different fighting position, doing his best to ignore Victoria’s comments that were in no way helpful. Vandrad had been doing the same when the Seal released a pulse of magical power, knocking them back. The former Dread Master was in no way prepared for Victoria to be in front of him, doing his best to mount a defensive position but hoisted up and towards the Seal before she was tossing him at Vandrad. The future king pressed his back heel into the ground as he caught Cedric by the arm and swung him back around just in time for Cedric to summon his scythe and block the polearm that Victoria had brought down upon them. Her strength was still impressive enough that it knocked the two men a bit away, forcing them to once again recenter themselves.

Vandrad sneered. "Damnit, woman, that would have killed us if we weren’t prepared!” he snapped at her, clearly agitated by her goading. Truth was, he was dealing with several different emotional mountains all at once. Xavier was currently incarcerated upon the island, instantly transported to a cell near Mercury’s brother and left to his own devices at the moment. The matter of his trial and sentencing was going to be the first objective once Vandrad was officially named king, which was only days away at that point. His actions both on Rhaegar and Earthland had struck a profound chord in the would-be monarch and his thoughts on the matter seemed to enjoy rattling around when he generally didn’t want them. On the other hand, now that Mercury was pregnant, his inevitable role as a father was also beginning to sink in fully. While he usually would be thrilled by a training partner that could outright challenge his mortality, the idea of leaving Mercury without a husband and a child without a father was one he couldn’t fathom, not after he’d gone through the same thing.

Cedric sighed as he relaxed slightly, scratching the back of his head. “No, she’s right. This whole Xavier thing has me all out of sorts and I’m guessing you’re in the same place,” he said, glancing over at Vandrad and not needing a confirmation. He then turned his attention to Victoria. “Then perhaps we need a change of pace, something to force us not to let our thoughts wander. Maybe we see if we can force the Union like I told you about, Victoria.”

Vandrad narrowed his eyes as he looked over at Cedric. "You’ve mentioned that word before, Union. During our fight around Magnolia, you had said you had been sent to complete the Union in terms of the Ark.”

The former Dread Master nodded. “The way the Dread Masters believed the Union worked was that if one of us died, the other would inherit full control of the Ark. The Ark, you see, wasn’t meant to be split between two people; Marka crafted it for one person and one person only; himself and, by extension, me as his clone. Somehow you managed to genetically connect to it beyond all comprehension and when you first accessed Energy Monarch, you must have activated the Ark as well, to some extent. Hence why I suddenly woke up.”

"This is all exposition we have covered,” Vandrad stated, clearly not looking to revisit discussed topics.

“But when I was discussing Energy Monarch with Patricia, we spoke on the ‘splitting’ of the Ark and she theorized that it’s less a fracture and more of a joint measure. She compared it to an actual box; it isn’t two pieces being held by two people but rather one being held on either side of one. I suppose a better image would be a liquid tank with two different funnels. The problem is, I’ve had years to master my control of the Ark to get where I am now whilst you’ve only had it for a shorter amount of time. Your magical draw is going to be heavier to be able to utilize certain magics within, namely the Take-Overs.”

“But our beloved Patricia had a theory on that as well. Perhaps we can force a Union event without either one of us having to perish. That way we can force a single drawing point from the Ark that connects to outsources. I asked Victoria about it and she seemed to believe that not only was it possible but that she could help aid us in making it happen. It’s just… not going to be as exciting as her beating on us.”

Vandrad listened quietly as Cedric explained, arms crossed over his chest. He was aware of the liability he created when it came to them both using the Ark; it had been painfully obvious during their separated fights against Maker and Seberg. But everything he did in terms of training it didn’t seem to give the results that he wanted. He glanced at Victoria and then back at Cedric. "Fine,” he said gruffly. "So what do we need to do?”

Words: 844 | Tag: @Mercury Arseneault @Saffron Remington, @Mythal Ragnos, @Serilda Sinclair | © marzia at shine & gs.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 3rd December 2023, 5:02 pm

Seri Banner
    Cedric was unable to put up much resistance against the Seal as she snatched him and hurled him across the training grounds toward Vandrad, who caught his partner by the arm and swung him around just in time for Victoria’s next attack. She had followed in pursuit after them, bringing her polearm down in a decisive strike in an effort to put pressure on them to focus more on her instead of the emotional nonsense that was rattling around in their heads. When the former Dread Master came back around, his energy scythe was in place enough to block the strike and prevent it from doing either of them any damage, though they were still pushed back once more.

Vandrad was not amused, shooting Victoria a dirty look and a curse, insisting that she could have killed them. “Then perhaps you should start paying attention,” was her only crisp response. She knew for a fact that they would not have died, though if the hit had connected it would certainly have been a swift lesson against fighting while distracted, one they were unlikely to forget for sometime. Victoria had faith in her own skills to keep from ending their lives, however, as she also had faith that she had not put up an attack that was impossible for them to fend off. Both men were more than capable when they put their minds to it, the problem simply was that they weren’t. If she had to force them to focus on her, she absolutely would, and already she was sinking into her stance and preparing another strike…

…only to rise and relax when Cedric did so himself. He, at least, was willing to admit that Victoria was right, claiming that everything with Xavier had his head on backward, as he suspected it did for Vandrad as well. Suggesting a change in pace, Cedric brought up the Union, wondering if perhaps their time and efforts would be better spent training it for the time being. The Seal watched as the two men discussed the idea, listening quietly even as she gave the matter some thought.

Vandrad pressed for additional information. He was not as educated in the Union as Cedric was, though much of what Cedric had been taught by the Dread Masters growing up was not necessarily accurate. The taller man summarized what he knew of the matter, as well as the theories that Patricia had provided about how splitting the Ark powers between the two men worked. As far as Cedric saw it, the primary problem lay in the fact that Vandrad hadn’tt had enough time to learn how to properly control the power; certainly not as much as Cedric himself had. Because of that, Vandrad had to pull more energy to have even a fraction of the results as his counterpart.

Eventually, the future king would relent to the idea, glancing between Cedric and Victoria before asking what needed to be done. The seal dismissed her polearm into ether, standing at parade rest. “I believe the most effective method to increase your mastery of the Ark, and thus allow for a Union to occur, is going to be through study. Combat training can help you wield the power, as evidenced by your improvement over the last few months, but your endurance to maintain it and control its rate of flow is still lacking. To use Cedric’s analogy, if both of you are siphoning liquid through a funnel from the same tank, he has learned how to operate the valve that allows liquid to drain at a precise, steady flow that he can maintain without the tap running dry. You, meanwhile, have merely learned to open the valve but not how to regulate the stream. Your control is fine for a sprint, but he is prepared for a marathon.”

“For now, I’d like to propose a more meditative approach. Let’s sit,” she suggested, lowering herself onto the ground in a cross legged position. “What I would like you both to try is this: Cedric, assume one of your take over forms from the Ark. Any of them will do. All I need you to do is maintain the form and focus on keeping it steady. Vandrad, you will use your senses to observe the flow of his energy, to feel the strength of its current and study how he sustains it. Both of you close your eyes and block out any other sense except your connection to the Ark. Begin.”

WORDS: 751/1318 | @Vandrad Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Traveller of the Multiverse
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 7,808,129

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Energy Monarch
    Second Skill: Ark of the Dread Masters
    Third Skill:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 5th December 2023, 1:07 pm

There’s no fair or unfair in battle.
    ( There is only victory or in your case, defeat. )
    The Next Step RJtajUnz_o

Vandrad could study when he wanted to, it was just one of his least favorite ways of improvement. His training for his magic had always been physically focused and introspection to how it was utilized afterward. Workouts and sparring had been the building blocks that had brought him to where he was and it had never failed him. But it was becoming clearer that gruff, brainless physical work wasn’t going to improve much more than what had already improved. His strength had nearly plateaued and it was clear there wasn’t much more room for vast gains of power. He despised that knowledge as much as he disliked the idea of having to take other avenues to improve but he simply refused to stop. It wasn’t in his nature to give up.

Victoria agreed with Cedric’s sentiments, explaining that she believed studious sessions would be more beneficial for Vandrad’s improvement in control rather than outright combat. She hopped on Cedric’s imagery, painting a painful picture of just how much better controlled Cedric was than the future king. He did his best not to outwardly scowl but he didn’t do a great job of it. The Seal suggested they take part in meditation, yet another method of training Vandrad didn’t enjoy. He was perfectly adept in partaking, he just preferred something more active. But he sat down nonetheless, crossing his legs and arms alike as he sat beside the former Dread Master. Victoria instructed Cedric to activate a Take Over and tasked Vandrad with studying it with his senses. At her request, both men closed their eyes and the former Dread Master took on the Caliban form, wrapping his tail around his waist as he pulled his energy in towards his body.

The future king was silent as he focused in on the magical aura flowing only meters beside him. The way the Ark flowed out of Cedric was… odd. In fact, it couldn’t really locate an origin point for the dreadether to be coming out of. It was almost like it was wholly part of Cedric, as if it was partly his lifeforce. Something Vandrad had never considered and perhaps the former Dread Master hadn’t either. He was a clone after all; maybe Marka had done some experimentation with his illogically created progeny. Vandrad scoffed in annoyance. “This isn’t working. I can’t follow the flow of his magic.”

“Just… concentrate,” Cedric told him.

“Do you think I’m not?” Vandrad snapped back.

The former Dread Master let out a sigh and shook his head. “Alright, just… give me your hand.”

“What?”

“Give me your hand.”

“No, what the hell are you going to do with it?” Vandrad asked.

“I’m going to try something. By the Gods, do you think I’m going to shove it on my crotch or something? Oh… wait, that’s probably something Mercury would do, isn’t it?” He didn’t need an answer, the look on Vandrad’s face was enough. “I’m just going to… hold your hand.”

“Tsk,” Vandrad grunted dismissively. But after a moment of internal wrestling, he finally relented, unfolding his arms and reaching over in Cedric’s direction. His hand was taken by the Dread Master, who squeezed it tight.

“Look at that, I got the future king to hold my hand,” Cedric teased. He quickly had to squeeze tighter to keep Vandrad from ripping his limb back. “I’m just teasing you, calm down. Alright now… feel the magic as it flows through his fingers. I’m cycling it through my hand,” he explained.

Vandrad bit back his annoyance enough to refocus. As much as he hated to admit it, he could feel the flow of Cedric’s magic now that they were connected. The way it flowed through his veins was… slow. Controlled like a guided river, carved by hand to regulate the force that came rushing through. There was no hiccup, no overwhelming rush or unleashing of pent up power.

Vandrad frowned. He flexed his back and also took on the Caliban form, his aura loud and bristling as it usually was. But as he focused inward and outward, the energy dispersal began to pull inwards towards his body. His extreme magic burn began to recede ever so slightly, as if the metaphorical faucet was gently being turned. And then, he and Cedric went completely in sync. Two matching forces, magical mirror images as their cycling fell in tune with one another. The most remarkable part of it was the sheer force that ebbed off of them. Magical strength beyond what they had before, their souls joined and increasing their presence exponentially. A force neither one of them had even touched upon in their individual journeys.

And then Vandrad lost his control. He released the Caliban form with a loud gasp, sweat rising to the surface on his forehead as his body went into an exhaustive state. He put his hands down to steady himself, eyes opening as he took large, gulping breaths. Beside him, Cedric also looked like he’d gone through a workout, though not nearly as burnt out. The future king looked at him. “What was that?” he asked, looking between Cedric and Victoria.

“That… was the Union. And damnit, if it wasn’t as powerful as I’d been told.”

Words: 872/1716 | Tag: @Mercury Arseneault @Saffron Remington, @Mythal Ragnos, @Serilda Sinclair | © marzia at shine & gs.

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 6th December 2023, 8:00 am

Seri Banner
    If Victoria noticed Vandrad’s scowl over her continuation of the chosen metaphor, she didn’t say as much. The Seal didn’t particularly care if he chose to have hurt feelings over the matter. She wasn’t intending to be cruel, but facts were facts, and if he wanted to improve then he needed to face them. Besides, Vandrad himself spoke often about his own methods of training during his time in the army and at Fairy Tail, and she knew that he would be viewing this situation the exact same way as her were their roles reversed. Just because the style of training wasn’t his preference didn’t mean that it wasn’t important or effective, nor that he shouldn’t do it.

Cedric took on what he referred to as his Caliban form, tucking the tail around his waist and sitting down alongside Vandrad. Both men closed their eyes and focused on their magics, but it didn’t take long for Vandrad to voice a complaint that he wasn’t able to follow the flow of Cedric’s energy. Victoria had half a mind to suggest he shape up his attitude and try again, convinced half the reason he was having trouble was because he was annoyed at having to do a meditative exercise. Already, she was fixing her stern gaze on him.

However, Cedric beat her to the punch. After a quick moment of bickering, he managed to convince Vandrad to hold his hand, though he almost lost the privilege after a wayward tease. Victoria managed to keep from smirking outright in amusement, though the corner of her lips did twitch a bit. But Cedric didn’t allow himself to be a distraction for long, immediately getting down to business and explaining that he was going to direct the flow of his energy straight into Vandrad’s hand.

From there, Victoria continued to merely watch. She had no connection to dreadether or the Ark, so there was little she could do to guide them through this point. So she contented herself with sitting back and observing them as they focused. Eventually, Vandrad took on the same form as Cedric, then took the time to adjust himself to try and match Cedric’s output. There was no mistaking when they were in sync, as the moment it happened there was an intense surge of energy from them both. Victoria fully raised her eyebrows in surprise and interest, studying the pair of them and the strength of the power they were radiating.

When Vandrad had finally had enough, exhausted from the exchange, he dropped his form with a gasping breath. Cedric was a beat behind him, albeit more composed. The future king demanded to know what had just happened, and Cedric informed him that it was the Union. “Now that is what we’re looking for,” Victoria confirmed with a pleased smirk. “If the two of you can learn to master the Union together, then you just might stand a chance against Faera, or any other immortal for that matter. Excellent work. Let’s take a small break, and then try it again.”

WORDS: 510/1828 | @Vandrad Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 12:02 am