Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The worst enforced rule

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

The worst enforced rule Empty The worst enforced rule

Post by Kirahunter 20th August 2015, 4:33 pm

There is a rule in our midst that has been around since the founding of the site and was never once enforced. The time has come to axe it or enforce it.

It reads something like "Guildmasters who leave their position are to be removed of the exp they were given to rank up to SS-Rank." It was ruled as such so that any guild master who left their post would be returned to their previous rank, or whatever rank they may have earned through the experience they gained as a Guildmaster.

But despite many Guild Master's coming and going no one has been held accountable to this, unless they volunteer to be ranked down. Sure the rules mention exceptions can be made in exceptional circumstances, but can we really say that every single ex-gm counts as exceptional circumstances? If everyone is exceptional no one really is.

Heck even Temp Guild Masters have been permitted to keep the exp.

So what do you all think? Axe it or enforce it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

The worst enforced rule Empty Re: The worst enforced rule

Post by Eris 20th August 2015, 4:44 pm

I have never believed Guild Masters or would-be guild masters should be ranked up at all, to begin with.

It has long been a loop-hole and often power play to instant-rank and in some cases bypass every rank up to it,  from D to SS.

I don't mean that against anyone who is or has been a GM,  it's a note that irks me about the rule itself and I don't feel poorly towards anyone who has benefited from it. Especially back when people could just donate for the rank, or back when people could make RP samples to get placed at a rank. Back then it was fine, and was a means by which non-donors could match donors.

But that isn't the case anymore.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The worst enforced rule NvVyM98

The worst enforced rule CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 20th August 2015, 4:59 pm

I agree with Siren here too. I always saw gaining a GM spot was just power play stuff. Like they get S-rank and then can do 10 yr jobs for when they step down to keep their rank. A leader doesn't have to be the strongest but lead. Not all leader as the strongest in story.

The worst enforced rule LxcTBIi
    Character Info:
    weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 20th August 2015, 5:05 pm

Wow people really do that? GM should only be for the fact of rping in it, not for power mongers.

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:
    Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : The True Nephalem
    Mentor : N/A

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nephalem Take Over
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Decayuss 20th August 2015, 5:21 pm

This isn't directed towards me, is it? I just find the timing for asking this ironic.

The worst enforced rule Deacy2
    Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (Ace)
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 1,093,688

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic

Post by Akeya 20th August 2015, 6:02 pm

Seeing the conversation in the cbox that occurred just before this thread I can tell you that it's not about you.

The worst enforced rule Akeya2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 20th August 2015, 6:03 pm

No I didn't even think about you doing this Decaface. I don't want to target individuals. Because as I said: it has not been enforced once in the history of the site.

As for axing the guild master rank up entirely? Yes please! I am all for that! Knock me down to A-Rank! ; - ; even if my S-Rank spells are super cool and the world would be a sadder place without them. I shouldn't have had them in the first place.

But as I am aware that is kind of an extreme move as that takes a lot of exp away from a lot of people who at least in their own minds believe they've earned it. Again I am all for it, but I understand if action isn't taken.

But what I wouldn't understand is if we continued to ignore is this horribly unenforced rule. Again we need to axe it or enforce it. Having limp meaningless rules just hanging around just leads to confusion.

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Haru-senpai
    Haru-senpai

Moderator- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descendant
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 12
    Mentor : Igneel, & Noheme the Fox
    Experience : 11,106.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Dragon Force
    Third Skill:

Post by Haru-senpai 20th August 2015, 6:10 pm

We could go back to Seijin's original creation...letting people RP during their Sample for their beginning Rank.

Back when S-Ranked apps had to be literally acid trip mindblowing for you too get Approved. Just a thought.

P.S
    --------

It would help make things less stale, as the whole wonder of "A new S-Ranked challenger or wizard" has appeared on the scene. Which is one of the most majestic points of Fairy Tail. The thought that there may always be something / someone new on the horizon.

We've had the same H's and S's on the site for years now. Let people apply for new Ranks on a case by case basis.

Maybe if you're A and you feel you can handle S now you should be allowed to apply.

Maybe if you're D and you wanna skip C outright you should be able too. Or if you wanna start at D that's fine too. A LOT of people would continue to start at D just for personal pride. Anyways. Heero out!

× Bio
    × Magic

The worst enforced rule Rose

Blues Coldsummer
    Blues Coldsummer

Son Of Ice

Son Of Ice

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight Of Frostfire
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : Glacieyth; Ice Dragon King
    Experience : 212.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Iƈҽ Dɾαɠσɳ Sʅαყҽɾ
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Blues Coldsummer 20th August 2015, 6:15 pm

^ Great idea. Or...we could lower the EXP reqs by a little...but that's an entirely different conversation.

Simon's suggestion is a good one too. I didn't even know it was a thing that people kept their rank and imo that's a bit ridiculous.

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 20th August 2015, 6:20 pm

EXP requirements have been lowered left and right. Please don't bring that in here.

Applying for ranks was a system we killed for good reason. No single post regardless of quality can measure up to the hours people pour into gathering the EXP for their ranks. There simply isn't any comparison. Applying for ranks greatly devalues our system as a whole.

I know anytime someone says "S-Rank," in a suggestion it immediately becomes a loaded topic and breeding grounds for "lower S-Rank exp requirements!" But please let's keep to the specific issue I've tried to address here. EX-GM rule, shut it out or make it shine.

Last edited by Kirahunter on 20th August 2015, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Decayuss 20th August 2015, 6:23 pm

Well...I support this. That is all.

Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 20th August 2015, 6:41 pm

Axe the boost given to Guild Masters entirely. People who are currently a GM can choose to return to a past rank, or even a rank in between, but no new GMs should gain any boost. GMs could be of any rank that they could normally be an Ace.

SS rank could remain as a stepping stone to H (That is also easier for people to rank to without the special restrictions applied to H) With the new rules that are in place SS is more than just a courtesy / participation reward.

Heero-chama wrote:We could go back to Seijin's original creation...letting people RP during their Sample for their beginning Rank.

Back when S-Ranked apps had to be literally acid trip mindblowing for you too get Approved. Just a thought.

P.S
    --------

It would help make things less stale, as the whole wonder of "A new S-Ranked challenger or wizard" has appeared on the scene. Which is one of the most majestic points of Fairy Tail. The thought that there may always be something / someone new on the horizon.

We've had the same H's and S's on the site for years now. Let people apply for new Ranks on a case by case basis.

Maybe if you're A and you feel you can handle S now you should be allowed to apply.

Maybe if you're D and you wanna skip C outright you should be able too. Or if you wanna start at D that's fine too. A LOT of people would continue to start at D just for personal pride. Anyways. Heero out!

If this ever came back It'd need to be a one-shot deal. Like you get one opportunity to place each year. Some sort of yearly Grand Exam event even?

Dunno. But it's a sticky situation. I think reintroducing it would cause a lot more chaos than if we had never taken it out.

d a m n a t i o n
    Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Decayuss 20th August 2015, 6:50 pm

I agree with Siren on this one regarding the rank. The chaos would be insane.

I won't name anybody, but there are a lot, and I mean A LOT of people who want to be S or H rank, or people who think they deserve it. In some ways, I was once one of those people, but instead of trying to "earn" it or think I "deserve" it, I worked for it.

If people are given a chance to even attempt to get to S rank without the requirement of going through jobs, then the staff would possibly be overloaded with so many RP samples and grading on top of everything they're doing right now.

EDIT: Not a bad idea, Heero. I'm just saying that it wouldn't really work and would be Hell on the staff.

Last edited by Decayuss on 20th August 2015, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 20th August 2015, 6:58 pm

Yeah, what they all said. Things are a lot easier to manage as they are with ranks. It also allows anyone who puts in the work to be the rank they want rather than focusing on how good of an RPer a person is. I see if we focused on how well people RP that it could really hurt the community by labeling who is a better RPer which is not what we are here for. We are here to have fun together. Not try to one up each other.

Also Siren, on the note of SS-rank, it has always just been the rank given to GMs it seems and is really just a slightly better S-rank. If anything it can be added later but to get back on topic, I agree with what Kira and Siren is saying here if it wasn't already shown in my earlier post.

The worst enforced rule LxcTBIi
    Character Info:
    Kusanagi
    Kusanagi

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Experience : 37.5

Post by Kusanagi 20th August 2015, 7:06 pm

I'm with Lady red. There have been times where C or B ranks magically jump up to SS rank with gm status due to the circumstances of a guild and its unnecessary.

E's Dialogue
    E's Thoughts
    Hikachu
    Hikachu

Grand Duelist

Grand Duelist

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Rainbow- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Destiny
    Guild : ɢᴀʀᴏᴜ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛs
    Cosmic Coins : 6
    Experience : 212.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ❅ ᴀʀᴄᴛɪᴄ ɴᴇᴍᴇsɪs
    Second Skill: ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ
    Third Skill:

Post by Hikachu 20th August 2015, 9:11 pm

I concur with Kira. I don't mind with people ranking up from B-rank to SS-rank since it is actually necessary because obviously, he/she is becoming a GM -- the guild shouldn't be in the hands of a lower ranked. But, the people who strip themselves off from the guild master position shouldn't be allowed to keep the ranks. It's like giving people a free upgrade of rank when some don't actually deserve it (Not trying to sound mean).

The worst enforced rule JhB4MAf

Profile | Magic | History | Vault

theme | battle theme

weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 20th August 2015, 10:00 pm

So maybe then have that rule apply and when they leave they loose their ranks but keep the expierence of any jobs they did while GM. You do still have to rp alot to get exp to rank up even with s rank(at least I think so).

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:
    Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Goddess
    Guild : Laughing Coffin?
    Cosmic Coins : 25

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 20th August 2015, 11:47 pm

A long time ago i suggested to the Admins a Minimum rank for a char to be to even start a guild/become GM. So to say it was shot down, but there are some instances where its required. Please note that i tried to reject my auto rank on Kakuma, unfortunately when i created the guild a A rank member joined and i was forced to rank up or surrender the guild i had spent so much time making stuff for. Obviously if a guild does not have Higher ranks such as a newer guild losing its GM, that would make a exception but some guild have been through multiple GM's in a short period of time. What it comes down to is the Auto rank, which i am against completely honestly. I like the idea of having to Rank up and grow into a position, it adds more worth to a guild and it GM.

In short, Enforce the rule and put a min rank requirement to become the GM or allow a GM to take it at a lesser rank. This will make ranking up a higher rank difficult but is that not what guild relations are for?

The worst enforced rule KF68skC
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st August 2015, 12:23 am

Firstly a few things,

I am considering making SS rank an official rank on site rather than the pseudo rank it is now. It would not gain new spells, but it would, to use the new systems, have HP, melee damage etc set to it.
    It's only benefit in terms of magic would be slightly lower spell costs and the the extra slot that is availiable to H ranks.

This would be avaliable to all members and wouldn't be limited to vips, gms or the one ace.
    ------------------------
    As for the auto-rank I am fine with removing this system. However, if we do so then I am tempted to instigate a new rule in that you have to be at least A rank in order to be made GM of a guild and this would include founding one. It makes no sense whatsoever for the GM of the guild to be a D rank for example. That is my thought on this.
    --------------------------
    As for the ranking down...I am unsure whether this has NEEDED to be enforced in the past. When Shuhei stepped down he had H rank exp, when Decayuss stepped down he had at least S rank exp. When Zuo stepped down...they turned into a tree.

I'm trying to think of other examples. Kinda lost track of who used to be GMs. Erm....

The worst enforced rule Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

The worst enforced rule Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

The worst enforced rule Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Goddess
    Guild : Laughing Coffin?
    Cosmic Coins : 25

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 21st August 2015, 12:28 am

*takes a deep breath*

Legacy - ST
    King Zenshin -ST
    Zuo Cii - LS
    Decayuss - ES
    Nightken -FT
    Heero - FT
    Shuhei -BP
    Phantom King -TT
    Storm -SM
    Leapflight -FT
    Samus -FT

Sure im forgetting a few

The worst enforced rule KF68skC
    Elijah
    Elijah

Berserker Knight

Berserker Knight

Quality Badge Level 1- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Guild : Gold Phoenix

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Metal God Slayer
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Post by Elijah 21st August 2015, 2:55 am

As a GM myself, i don't care much about my rank, though as Zack said, a D-rank running a guild, wouldn't make much sense. The SS rank from what i know, is for new guilds, as without the guildmaster as a higher rank, they have no firepower against older guilds. Yes, it's a weird reason and doesn't become apparent much, but it does in events. 

If the dark guild gm's weren't ranked up, the events would have at max 2 dark mages, who are higher than A. Adding that up against all the high rank legals, wouldn't make sense. So from what i understand, the SS rank is to boost small/new guilds, so they have a shot when something comes up, like a bolster or defense for the guild.

Though i don't mind losing my SS rank or lowering it, it's not why i became a guild master, it's just a novelty and it can be lost. But at the same time, lowering a GM to D-rank, an older GM that is, won't make sense, they could be lowered to like A or B, which are the ace ranks, so it makes more sense. 

And i fully agree that starting a guild, should have a minimum rank you need to be, like at least B-rank.
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 21st August 2015, 4:41 am

Minimum rank to become a guild master appeals to me. I'd vote A-Rank. Sure in the olden days when I first joined B-Rank was super rare, but with triple exp jobs and the like sitting around B-Rank is only going to become more and more common place.

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 21st August 2015, 6:48 am

Speed Demon Zack wrote:
    ------------------------
    As for the auto-rank I am fine with removing this system. However, if we do so then I am tempted to instigate a new rule in that you have to be at least A rank in order to be made GM of a guild and this would include founding one. It makes no sense whatsoever for the GM of the guild to be a D rank for example. That is my thought on this.
    --------------------------
    I'm fine with that, though-

I don't particularly see the reason not to. There are weak guilds in the cannon, things like Cait Shelter I believe, and could add a new atmosphere for different types of players. I can imagine a cutesy guild. If people would want to join such a guild in support of their magically not all there guildmaster then I imagine there wouldn't be a problem.

On the other hand it would limit the generation of new guilds. I'd rather see guilds getting dismantled and remade than new ones getting added.

As for the ranking down...I am unsure whether this has NEEDED to be enforced in the past. When Shuhei stepped down he had H rank exp, when Decayuss stepped down he had at least S rank exp. When Zuo stepped down...they turned into a tree.

I'm trying to think of other examples. Kinda lost track of who used to be GMs. Erm....

It doesn't really need to be retroactively applied. A simple "From henceforth no GMs are granted a boost" works fine.

Elijah wrote:
    If the dark guild gm's weren't ranked up, the events would have at max 2 dark mages, who are higher than A. Adding that up against all the high rank legals, wouldn't make sense. So from what i understand, the SS rank is to boost small/new guilds, so they have a shot when something comes up, like a bolster or defense for the guild.

I'm pretty sure the dark guilds would be just fine. They can get away with a lot regarding plotting and schemes and if they actually wanted to destroy something, there's jack-all the legals can do against it. In the face of AoEs and destruction, all they have to do is get a spell off meanwhile in the act of fighting you they threaten what they mean to defend almost as much as you do.

Clementine was dangerous because that's what she did. She was there to destroy, it doesn't matter if you fought her, when the mininukes start flying things get broken. Just as you intended to begin with.

A single dark mage of even A-rank can be on their own a major hazard and threat to a city while it would take significant effort to minimize their damage and put them down as soon as possible to stop them.

d a m n a t i o n

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 2:29 am