Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

This is Actually the Worst

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Pluto
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,310

This is Actually the Worst Empty This is Actually the Worst

Post by Saffron Remington 11th August 2021, 6:25 pm

COME AT ME AND YOU'LL SEE
    I'M MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

--- YOU THINK THAT YOU'LL BREAK ME, YOU'RE GONNA FIND IN TIME ---
    “Ugh, it’s fucking freezing out here.”

Saffron was shivering as she trudged through the snow. While she was admittedly looking forward to being able to let loose without having to worry about her surroundings, she was not a fan of the atmosphere. “Seriously, he could have picked some place a little warmer. A nice, remote beach would have been just as good. This is stupid.” Despite how she grumbled, the blonde wasn’t really all that upset. She was definitely grumpy, but complaining just made her feel better. Or at least, that’s what she told herself.

Surviving a single day would have been one thing, but Vandrad had made it clear that he wanted her to be gone for several days. By the time she had even made it to the summit, Saffron had had half a mind to go train somewhere else instead and just tell him that she’d gone to Mount Hakobe. As much as she had daydreamed about the little act of rebellion, however, she had a feeling that one way or another he would know if she had truly done as he’d asked or not. So instead, she forced herself to carry on as he had instructed, cursing his name and his spiky hair and his ancestors and his vertically challenged stature along the way.

Thankfully, he’d said nothing about her having to go by herself. Had that been his intention? Possibly. But Saffron believed in asking for forgiveness rather than permission, and if she was going to be forced into spending days in this frozen hellscape, she refused to suffer alone. So, she’d taken it upon herself to drag Hosrius along with her so they could train together. She knew the alien was the type to appreciate anything that might help him keep his skills sharp, and he was still curious enough about magic that he rarely turned down a chance to see it in action. Plus, she was starting to get the feeling that he needed a break from his hunt, which had yet to prove fruitful thus far.

Saffron had been concerned about finding a safe place to camp at first, but thankfully They had found a cave not too far from the cliff that Vandrad had described to her that at least provided some shelter from the snow and the biting winds. Whatever he’d said about monks and shit having come up here to train in the past must have been true, because there was evidence that the cave had been used by others before: A couple makeshifts pallet had been constructed at one time for sleeping, and while they weren’t the most comfortable things in the world they kept them from having to sleep on the stone floor, which was so cold they may as well have just slept directly in the snow outside. There was also a small fire pit crafted with a circle of rocks. Someone had even taken the time to leave a pile of dry wood in a corner for the next occupant of the cave, which was nice.

Saffron couldn’t help but feel like this “training” was little more than gaining strength by surviving a harsh and dangerous climate. That was all well and good, but she’d had her fill of life and death circumstances and was fairly certain she had earned a much longer break from them than this. Besides, when he had offered to help her with her magic she had been expecting a bit more hands on training rather than “hurr durr go out into a frozen fucking wasteland and try not to die”, which honestly just sounded like a cringy spinoff of her last trip into Pergrande. “I don’t suppose you’re willing to use that rifle of yours to Old Yellar me out of my misery, are you?” she teased.

Well, mostly teased.
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 640 | TAGS: @hosriuscamnus

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Confidence International (GM)
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,714,115

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Symphonic Savant
    Second Skill: Champion of Bastet
    Third Skill:

This is Actually the Worst Empty Re: This is Actually the Worst

Post by Xavier Clarent 11th August 2021, 7:22 pm

Hosrius Camnus "The Dark Angel"
    Job Log #9747

Hosrius wasn’t quite sure why he had been dragged into this little test of Saffron’s. As she had outlined the details to him, apparently given to her by her mentor, he couldn’t help but wonder how that involved him at all. She had to work on her abilities because she couldn’t control them and, not to sound rude, but that wasn’t really his problem. And yet he agreed to go with her; he considered Saffron a friend and if there was something he could do to help her, then better he accompany her. Besides, it would give him some insight to what she could do -- he hadn’t exactly seen what her magic was and was honestly curious to what she was capable of. They were to go up a mountain and make camp at some kind of cliffside that had been honored as a meditation and training place by other fighters hoping to hone their skills. The idea of Saffron doing any kind of meditation was almost enough to make Hosrius laugh but still he went. He made sure to pack accordingly, having spent many a night on mountaintops camping out.

His armor’s internal heating system kept him nice and cozy as they walked up the steep cliff. Saffron was complaining about the chill in the air and Hosrius, looking to be ever so helpful, brought up his armband and checked its readouts. “Ah, it’s not so bad. It’s just below your planet’s temperature for freezing,” he informed her with a chuckle. Her response was to continue to complain, demanding to know why her mentor hadn’t decided on somewhere warmer, such as a secluded beach. “Well, and this is me just guessing, I believe he would have figured out that you would rather spend your time laying around enjoying the sun rather than trying to work on your magic control. This will keep you on your toes -- counting that they don’t freeze and fall off.” He couldn’t help but throw a small teasing comment at her.

The slope that had been used as a training spot wasn’t much farther and Hosrius could actually make it out. More importantly, there was apparently a cavern just below it that would be suitable for a makeshift camp while she practiced her magic. In they marched, removing themselves from the blistering cold air with the stony, natural sanctuary. Pilgrims from prior journeys have contributed to the camp for the ones that followed; pallets made of material found on the mountain had been constructed to be used as beds and a firepit lay not far from the resting spots. “Each traveler contributes something to the camp, making it better for those that follow after,” he observed, nodding in appreciation. There was a sense of unseen camaraderie between those that had come here to hone themselves, something the Jirian respected deeply.

With that said, he had no intention of camping out like a savage when he had advanced technology on his side. The backpack he had brought along with him was set on the ground at the rear of the cave and then he took a few steps back. “I don’t know what ‘Old Yellering’ is, Saffron but based on your use of it… no, I don’t think I’d be willing,” he responded to her half-hearted tease, even as he input commands into his wristband. After initiating the sequence, the backpack started to unfold itself, laying in metal foundations and expanding the flexible material over the skeleton. Within a few seconds, a compact but spacious tent-like structure had been constructed out of his backpack. He stepped up to the doorway and it unfolded for him, revealing a comfortable looking bedroom, complete with bookcase, sofa and queen-sized bed. He glanced back at her. “And no, there’s only room for me. I’m here as a friend; there’s nothing in your mentor’s orders that says I have to sleep in the same situation as you. I’m you… what’s the word you Earthlings use? Right, cheerleader. And I’m happy to cheerlead for you from the comfort of my reading chair while you meditate. Now, I’ll grab some of the dinner supplies I brought and I’ll get some meals started for us. It’s best if you have a full stomach when you brave the cold to train.”

TAG: @Saffron Remington  @name WORDS: 716 000 NOTES: bleh

MEL @ WW

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 12th August 2021, 7:26 am

If nothing else, she could rely on Hosrius to keep her humble. The Jirian pretended to encourage her, remarking about how it could have been colder, all while suited up in his armor that was keeping him nice and toasty. Saffron’s pout lasted for all of about a second before it rebelliously tugged her lips into a small grin. “I hate you so much,” she informed him through a small chuckle of her own. Hosrius didn’t stop there, of course, going on to voice what she already knew about how Vandrad had likely picked this location because he knew Saffron would have enjoyed literally any other setting leagues more than this one. “Cool, cause that’s what I needed was a cringy spinoff experience of my last trip to Pergrande. Well you better hope my toes don’t fall off cause you’re the one that has to carry me back if they do.”

They finally made it to the little campsite, which wasn’t great but certainly better than what she had been expecting. Though of course, Hosrius was a step above her there, too. He didn’t know what she meant by her Old Yellar reference, which was no surprise, but he still seemed to get the gist and informed her that he would not perform such an action. Then he whipped out his backpack and with a few commands in the armband on his wrist, it expanded into a fully furnished tent complete with a soft looking bed, a bookcase, and a couch. Her jaw was practically on the floor. “Hey, so-”

Saffron barely had the chance to get started before he cut her off, informing her there wasn’t enough room for both of them even though there clearly was. While he was here because she had asked him to come along with her, he wasn’t bound by the same instructions she was. As such, he was more than content to spend the trip comfortably while being her cheerleader on the sidelines. The blonde groaned again, this time at the thought of meditation. “Yeah, I’ve already tried that before a number of times. It’s not for me. I’m gonna go… I don’t know, punch a tree or something.” There were a few trees not that far from the mouth of the cave that wouldn’t require her to go out very far, so she wasn’t worried about not having a full stomach.

What would have been a simple task in a warmer forest was quite the chore here, as the trees in this area were hearty and built to withstand the climate. With a final, resigned sigh, Saffron began throwing practiced strikes on her chosen target, feeling her body amassing small bits of kinetic energy with each hit. Starting small, she didn’t focus on absorbing as much energy as possible but rather on trying to feel where it went within her, reading the transfer of force as it coursed through her veins and memorizing its course and placement. Vandrad had told her not to be afraid of her power, to embrace it and make it her own. In order to do that, she needed to understand it and how it synergized with her body. As the energy built up, she allowed it to flow freely rather than trying to store it all away. As a result, each time she punched a tree her knuckles released more and more power. The trunk would start to splinter, then chip, then crack, until it fell over entirely.

Around this time was when she had started smelling the gentle allure of food wafting over from the cave, signalling the time to take a small pause before really getting into things. Deciding not to waste the tree she had just demolished, Saffron took the time to carry it all back to the cave in bundles, setting the wood close enough to the fire that it could start to dry out and they could leave it as firewood for the next sucker that came up this way. After a brief meal to fill their stomachs, she was energized and ready to go. Patting her stomach, she stood to her feet. “Thanks, Hos. That really hit the spot. Speaking of hitting, I need you to come throw hands with me for a bit. Not here, though. I don’t wanna accidentally topple the shelter.” Presuming he was gonna come along, she’d help him clean up from the meal and then together they would trudge toward the peak of the cliff’s summit where her work would truly begin.
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 756/1396 | TAGS: @hosriuscamnus

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xavier Clarent 12th August 2021, 11:31 am

Job Log #9747

“Well, I imagine it’s not the greatest of reminders but at least it’s more of a challenge than a beach would be. Here you’ll feel compelled to do the work if only to keep warm. There, you would… What's that thing human females wear at the beach? Beekeenee? Swimming attire; you would just lie around wearing swimming attire. And obviously you wouldn’t need my positive and charming influence to keep your wits about you.” Hosrius replied to her remark about the comparative backdrops for both her time in Pergrande and their current situation. “Also, humans haven’t evolved to walk without toes? That seems like a really unfortunate biological design flaw. I thought toes like your human’s appendix; still there but not really needed. That’s good to know.” Making a point to show how invested he was in the new discovery, he brought up his armband and made a few notes within his databanks. It was hard to tell if he was simply yanking her chain or earnestly recording newly discovered information.

When they reached their destination, they made camp -- or rather, Hosrius made camp and Saffron took in the sight of the patchwork bed she would be uncomfortably sleeping on while she was on this trial. She had a moment where it seemed she was going to try and coax him to let her crash within the tent but he was quick to shut that down, explaining that her rules were not his and he was there as moral support. She groaned at the idea of meditating, insisting that it hadn’t worked for her in the past. In the meantime, while he prepared food, she was going to go and punch a tree or something similar. He chuckled as he watched her go and then headed into the tent.

He’d done a bit of research on what humankind considered food. While he hadn’t tried everything, there had been certain dishes that had spoken to him and he, in turn, had gone out of his way to try them. He found their meats extraordinary and their sweets hard to stomach, the idea of the cake Saffron had once had him try causing his gut to twist into knots. So instead he had gone out and used some of his newly acquired jewel to purchase some meat from the local butcher. He also discovered that he was a fan of mashed potatoes, corn, peas, squash and certain kinds of soup. He’d run tests on several things to make sure none of them were poisonous to him and then he’d stocked up. After all, the supplies on his ships would only last so long and given how slowly he was gaining traction on finding his target, it was entirely possible he’d be on Earthland for quite some time.

As Saffron went off to do whatever kind of training she was thinking of doing, Hosrius got to work. Lighting the campfire was simple enough and as he placed out all the ingredients for their meal, he brought up a catalogue from his armband. He had scanned in several recipe books from his local library and was keyword-searching for something involving his current set up. Once he’d found one; roasted duck with potatoes and corn on the side, he got to work. The Jirian liked to be prepared and he had spent a good portion of his earned money to buy all of the cookware one might need in any situation. He skewered the duck on a roaster and placed it over the fire, programming it to turn slowly and then continued to prepare the sides.

By the time the food was well on its way to finishing, Saffron made her return, summoned by the delicious smell of their meal. He plated everything for the two of them and dug in, humming happily at the result of his work. It wasn’t often he got to cook, as he was usually so focused on his mission and the details surrounding it. But he did enjoy preparing meals when he got the chance. Saffron remarked about the meal and he chuckled. “If you think that’s good, remind me to have you try Pavonian sincatas. They’re kind of like jelly but they are mixed with seventy five different flavors. They’re the perfect after dinner treat; just mellow you out and relax your entire body.”

He was already preparing to clean up when she insisted that he needed to ‘throw hands’ at her. He assumed that meant she wanted him to fight her and he scoffed as he gathered the dishes. “No, of course not, don’t want to topple the shelter but toppling poor, magic-less me is perfectly fine,” he complained as he placed a pot of water on the roaster and dumped the dishes inside of it. “Do I at least get to pay you back if you hit me too hard? Maybe shoot off one of those toes you clearly need so badly?” he teased her as they exited the cave and headed up the cliff, seeking the special summit they’d heard so much about.

Once they arrived, the Jirian rolled his neck and stretched his arms to either side. “So what am I here to do? Just punch and kick you around? Or well, try? I still don’t see where I’m going to have fun with this.” But he was there and he put up a tight guard, showcasing his military training. If this was going to happen, then he was going to take what he knew and put it to work.

TAG: @Saffron Remington @name WORDS: 926/1642 000 NOTES: bleh

MEL @ WW

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 12th August 2021, 6:17 pm

“Pavonian sincatas, eh? I’d be down for a little alien cuisine.” Saffron wasn’t the type of person that would try absolutely anything, but the stuff she wouldn’t try fell into a small camp of about five to ten percent of things that the mere sight would cause an aversion. Most everything else she’d give a shot, though, and some dessert jellies sounded fairly tasty. As she helped him put away the dishes, he lamented about how willing she was to take her magic out on him, joking about how he might wind up taking payment in the form of shooting off one of her much needed toes.

She lit a grin up at him. “Aw, c’mon, it’ll be fun. You and I are due for another showdown. Ever since that laser tag game I’ve been curious to see how we match in a hand to hand fight. Besides, I don’t think you have to worry about my magic too much. The way it works is that the more damage I take, the harder I hit. I can build up a lot of power in a fight, but since you don’t have magic I won’t be dishing out anything you or your armor can’t handle.” Reaching up her robotic arm, she wrapped a couple knuckles lightly on the side of his chassis. “The point of this training for me isn’t about dishing out fuck loads of raw energy, anyway. It’s just about getting better control.”

Out they wandered a bit from the camp, and soon they found a decent spot to spar. Hosrius more or less asked what the plan was, commenting on how he didn’t see how he was going to have any fun. “Don’t worry, old man. I promise I’ll go easy on you so your tender back don’t ache too much when you get back to your cushy tent.” Setting herself into her own well practiced guard, the two former militants squared off with one another briefly. Then, the fists started swinging.

A handful of days later, and Saffron was feeling remarkably more confident about herself. As it turned out, Hosrius was actually a pretty well matched sparring partner for her. With his help, she had been able to work with her energy bits at a time, teaching herself better control in small doses at first before changing things up to raise the bar a bit from time to time. By the end, she was actually having him do less direct combat with her and more using some of his tech to push her boundaries more than his fists could, forcing herself to channel higher amounts of power and bend it to her will. Now that Saffron understood that the key was not to hold back or try to bottle her power, she found herself making more progress in a week than she had in years of attempted training in Bosco. Not only that, but her stamina had grown significantly from so much exertion in such a thin atmosphere. At the beginning of the week it had been difficult to exercise without feeling winded. Now, she barely felt it.

As they were slowly packing things up in the cave to return back down to civilization, Saffron groaned. “I am really not looking forward to telling him this worked. If he tries to make this a regular thing, I’m going to go on strike.” As she finished arranging the left over firewood, making sure there was more than enough for the next loser to use, the blonde stood to face her companion. “Hey for real though, thanks for helping me out. My magic, it’s… it’s been a real source of frustration and defeat for me for most of my life. I ain’t gonna make this sappy, but it does mean a lot that you came and agreed to kick me around for a few days, so thanks. If you ever need a hand with anything, anything at all, just let me know. I’ll be there. Alright?”

With a toothy grin, she raised up one of her hands for a fist bump.
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 682/2078 | TAGS: @hosriuscamnus

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xavier Clarent 12th August 2021, 7:28 pm

Job Log #9747

The idea of fighting a mage up close and personal didn’t exactly appeal to Hosrius like Saffron seemed to think it would. Keeping his skills sharp was one thing but without even the slightest bit of magical power, it was like he was trying to bash his head against a metal wall and hope it broke. All his concern did was make her grin and insist that it would be fun, which honestly sounded like it would be far more enjoyable for her than him. Apparently, as she saw it, they were due for another face off after her defeat at his hands during laser tag. She did express her belief that her magic most likely wouldn’t even factor into the sparring and took a moment to explain exactly what it was that she could do with her power. It was fascinating to hear about; Hosrius could appreciate a skillset that helped strengthen the user as they took damage. And if that was true, then there was a good chance that she wouldn’t be hitting him back with increased strength that would knock him down, so long as her magic didn’t multiply the force.

Besides, as she explained it, she wasn’t supposed to be exerting a lot of power but rather learning to control what she already possessed. With a sigh, the Jirian accepted his fate and followed her out onto the mountainside, the very picture of a begrudging participant. As he set himself into guard stance, she took one last shot at him over his complaining, opting to compare him to an old man. He snorted and shot her a smirk. “Don’t worry, I’ll be just fine relaxing in my cushy tent. You, on the other hand, might want to collect some of this snow to use as an icepack; you’re going to need it.” And with that last comment, the two of them engaged.

Days passed and Saffron’s ability to control her magic grew immensely. Though the Jirian couldn’t sense magic in any shape or form, he could tell by the way she moved and held herself that she was quickly gaining confidence. Training in the low-oxygen atmosphere served its purpose in a lot of ways and even Hosrius could admit that his own regimen during their time on the mountain had helped him better his skills. Luckily Saffron had insisted that he use some of his technology as well to battle her, giving him an ample opportunity to test his gadgets and weapons against a magic-wielding wizard. Saffron bemused the idea of going back to her mentor and telling him that his training idea had worked. “Well I believe that’s why a mentor, mentors,” he shot back as he finished dismantling his temporary home and reducing it to a backpack once more.

As he turned to her, she thanked him for his assistance. Apparently her inability to control her magic had been a major point of self-contention and him coming to help her out had meant a lot. She insisted that she would be just as quick to repay him in kind, should he need it. Smiling back, he closed his hand and gave her a fistbump, recognizing the action now. “I'm always glad to help.”

TAG: @Saffron Remington @name WORDS: 539/2181 000 NOTES: bleh

MEL @ WW

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 10:20 am