Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

About the new hp regen rule.

Indiana Jones
    Indiana Jones

Void Tyrant

Void Tyrant

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- God Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Caine's Descent
    Position : None
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ragnarök
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

About the new hp regen rule.  Empty About the new hp regen rule.

Post by Indiana Jones 6th July 2016, 3:29 am

I get where this is coming from...not really though. But yeah, the first part of it is obvious, it kicks in when you take damage, that's fair enough.

But, making it work on every other post, will break lineages and magics that are already present . What i'm going to suggest won't remove the rule, but make it work a bit differently, mainly on passive regen. Stuff like unique abilities and etc, things that a person doesn't need to activate. Those could be on every other post, without a problem.

But getting to regen you pay mp or anything else for or lineage active ones. These should still be able to work every post, as they have a cost most of the time and you are sacrificing something. This rule utterly breaks these spells or actives, making them quite a lot weaker and not just a bit weaker. If regen is a serious issue, why not just tone down the numbers, instead of making it clunky like this.

Making it only work on actives would circumvent the problems, as you'd have to choose weather to spend mp for regen or use it to deal more damage. Now with the rule, it seems like dealing damage is the best option. But keeping the every other turn rule for passive regen, is a good idea.

I don't mind if it gets accepted, as it doesn't affect my magics, but i know there are people who will be affected by this a lot. A compromise is which i suggest with the change.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

About the new hp regen rule.  18jWfhn

Character
    Main Theme Battle Theme 1 Battle Theme 2
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

About the new hp regen rule.  Empty Re: About the new hp regen rule.

Post by Rosetta Crawford 6th July 2016, 4:50 am

There is another way to fix hp regen and it one which I mentioned in the prior suggestion regarding this.

The issue with HP regen is that it allows you to outheal damage (this is always an issue in games with numbers, but thats beside the point). All we need to do then is factor in something to SLOW hp regen. Every other post doesn't make sense.

However, what if it works like this:

My Turn 1: I'm at 100% HP lets say this is actuall 100, my regen rate is say 10%
    Enemy turn 1: Enemy hits me for 10 damage
    My turn 2: Due to being hit on the previous turn my HP regen is halved so it restores 5% instead. My HP is now at 95
    Enemy turn 2: Enemy hits me again for 10hp damage. I'm now on 85hp
    My turn 3: Due to being hit on the previous turn my HP regen is halved again so is now 2.5%. So i'm at 87.5hp.
    Enemy turn 3: Does 0 damage to me. So i'm still at 87.5hp
    My turn 4: Because I didn't take damage in the previous post my regen will return to 5% so I go back to 92.5hp
    Enemy turn 4: They fail to hit me again
    My turn 5: HP regen is back at 10% so I restore by 10hp or as high as I can so i'm back to 100.

This means you can counter HP regen not by 'outdamaging it' but by consistently doing damage in order to slow it. Doesn't even have to be much damage. Sure this means in some cases they still might outheal you a bit but you can keep lowering it to some extent and thus you will be able to outdamage it a lot easier and also force them on the defensive.

I would say most it should be able to be reduced to 1/4 or maybe 1/8 effectiveness with a minimum HP regen rate (for those that have it) of 1%.

This not only doesn't break magics (as far as I'm aware), but don't involve any apps needing to be pulled.

----------------------------------
    I do agree that the HP regen rule change should only effect passive healing. If you are expending MP in order to regen HP for three posts or whatever then an every other post thing would screw you over and involve apps being pulled to fix it.

I'm also not a big fan of this effecting lineages as whilst the members are responsible for their HP regen to an extent they are not responsible for their lineage (except in the case of customs) e.g. pride of the mercenary gives a 5% HP regen. Now by 'this' I mean the change to every other post. I feel that the change i've suggested doesn't break lineages.

Last edited by Speed Demon Zack on 6th July 2016, 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

About the new hp regen rule.  Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

About the new hp regen rule.  Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

About the new hp regen rule.  Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Indiana Jones
    Indiana Jones

Void Tyrant

Void Tyrant

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- God Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Caine's Descent
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ragnarök
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Indiana Jones 6th July 2016, 4:52 am

I didn't even think of that XD Guess i'ms till a bit rusty when it comes to this, but i do like the idea. Being able to put out consistent damage should be rewarded in battle and this is the perfect way. It would also benefit the one taking damage, as if they focus on dodging and defense then, they can come back into the fight. Would quite easily balance itself out without doing anything else.

About the new hp regen rule.  18jWfhn

Character
    Main Theme Battle Theme 1 Battle Theme 2
    Nao
    Nao

Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Guild : Black Sails
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Skill: Chronokinesis
    Third Skill:

Post by Nao 6th July 2016, 5:09 am

Regen is a tough on in any site, and really this change seems to be something to reduce effect of Hp regen in pvp, which makes little sense. Also why isn't the suggestion to make it follow the same rules as mp regen(up to 25% max in 5 posts). On top of Hp regen we have endurance, damage reduction, shields, dodging, and healing spells.

Not only that but it only takes 5 spells of spell rank equal to their rank to knock someone out, and with the way melee attacks work you can right now do as many as you want in a post (seen some items that allow people to attack 7-10 times in 1 second??).

Slow regen seems like it's a little too hectic and easy to abuse via dodging or protecting at the right time. It benefits those who will just happily tank all the opponents attacks until someone is drained. And it doesn't stop the other issue of how much damage reduction could someone stack with a bunch of spells. However I don't really have a suggestion to offer other than making hp regen be based on how much damage you take in that post, almost like a soft damage reduction. But again it could be a little complex.

Profile Magic Bank
    Almyra Bys
    Almyra Bys

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 41
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chaos Theory
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Almyra Bys 14th July 2016, 1:57 pm

Indiana Jones wrote:
    But getting to regen you pay mp or anything else for or lineage active ones. These should still be able to work every post, as they have a cost most of the time and you are sacrificing something. This rule utterly breaks these spells or actives, making them quite a lot weaker and not just a bit weaker. If regen is a serious issue, why not just tone down the numbers, instead of making it clunky like this.

Making it only work on actives would circumvent the problems, as you'd have to choose weather to spend mp for regen or use it to deal more damage. Now with the rule, it seems like dealing damage is the best option. But keeping the every other turn rule for passive regen, is a good idea.

Regen is the termed used for passive healing from items, UAs, or lineages. Active spell/item/lineage effects that have a cooldown and/or cost MP are heals, not regen, even if it is a heal that takes place over time. Also, healing spells and such generally don't go by % HP, but instead by spell damage values, so a C-rank heal, for instance, could restore 40 HP instantly or heal for 70 with a 5 post heal over time (20 to start, and 10 for 5 posts after the cast). That would not count as regen, but as an active heal over time.

Character|Magic|Bank
    About the new hp regen rule.  3MA5V3N
    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:
    Sayrn
    Sayrn

Dragon VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Guild : Crystal Swan
    Experience : 262.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sayrn 15th July 2016, 7:53 am

Rosetta Crawford wrote:There is another way to fix hp regen and it one which I mentioned in the prior suggestion regarding this.

The issue with HP regen is that it allows you to outheal damage (this is always an issue in games with numbers, but thats beside the point). All we need to do then is factor in something to SLOW hp regen. Every other post doesn't make sense.

However, what if it works like this:

My Turn 1: I'm at 100% HP lets say this is actuall 100, my regen rate is say 10%
    Enemy turn 1: Enemy hits me for 10 damage
    My turn 2: Due to being hit on the previous turn my HP regen is halved so it restores 5% instead. My HP is now at 95
    Enemy turn 2: Enemy hits me again for 10hp damage. I'm now on 85hp
    My turn 3: Due to being hit on the previous turn my HP regen is halved again so is now 2.5%. So i'm at 87.5hp.
    Enemy turn 3: Does 0 damage to me. So i'm still at 87.5hp
    My turn 4: Because I didn't take damage in the previous post my regen will return to 5% so I go back to 92.5hp
    Enemy turn 4: They fail to hit me again
    My turn 5: HP regen is back at 10% so I restore by 10hp or as high as I can so i'm back to 100.

This means you can counter HP regen not by 'outdamaging it' but by consistently doing damage in order to slow it. Doesn't even have to be much damage. Sure this means in some cases they still might outheal you a bit but you can keep lowering it to some extent and thus you will be able to outdamage it a lot easier and also force them on the defensive.

I would say most it should be able to be reduced to 1/4 or maybe 1/8 effectiveness with a minimum HP regen rate (for those that have it) of 1%.

This not only doesn't break magics (as far as I'm aware), but don't involve any apps needing to be pulled.

----------------------------------
    I do agree that the HP regen rule change should only effect passive healing. If you are expending MP in order to regen HP for three posts or whatever then an every other post thing would screw you over and involve apps being pulled to fix it.

I'm also not a big fan of this effecting lineages as whilst the members are responsible for their HP regen to an extent they are not responsible for their lineage (except in the case of customs) e.g. pride of the mercenary gives a 5% HP regen. Now by 'this' I mean the change to every other post. I feel that the change i've suggested doesn't break lineages.

new here i know but i 100% agree with this instead, if the problem is the fact regen is too strong if you cannot out damage it then this is a great fix!

About the new hp regen rule.  V7lUCnJz_o
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 7th August 2016, 11:04 am

None of this makes any sense.  (And for the record I don't believe I even have HP Regeneration on Eris.   So I'm not trying to defend "Muh regen" as some may say I am.)

It's regeneration,  you are actively regenerating damage.   It's not something that get interrupted or randomly flickers on and off every other post.    It's a constant self-repair.  

The Regen rules wouldn't even be a problem if spells weren't so easy to dodge most the time because of strict limitations, particularly on projectile speed.   (It's also pretty silly that the same limits on Range are also the limits on Area.   Range could stand to be doubled (As an upper limit) while AoEs could stand to be halved, by default,  with some spells and magic types obviously having their own balance points for larger or unique areas.)

Regeneration could even be cut in half,  but allowing more sources,  and a traditional clause:  Certain damage types inhibit your regeneration.     Whenever you see regenerators in fantasy you see them have vulnerabilities:
    Silver.
    Acid.
    Fire.
    Holy.

If people want normal or higher regeneration rates beyond the default allowance they could opt for Vulnerabilities.  The more Common the Vulnerability the more Regeneration they could gain.

Like a Vulnerability to Slashing damage.   Most mages have some form of slashing or can improvise some sort of slashing.      Damage from a Vulnerability would regenerate at half the rage,  after stunning the regeneration in general for that post.

Alternatively,  or even additionally if the above regeneration caps were high enough to merit it,   regeneration could also be applied to Damage Taken.   A 50% regeneration would heal a 10 damage spell by 5.  Then 2.5.  Then 0,  having a minimum value otherwise it'd go on endlessly.   Such as 25% of the regeneration's total.  (10% becoming 2.5% / 2.5 damage on a 100hp bearer)

But the regeneration could be much higher than we see now.  Even up to 50% if you build into it.
    Including Vulnerabilities on top of this Damage Taken concept it may more easily reach 50% and reach like 75% if you specialize and focus on obtaining that regeneration rate,  or even more with common Vulnerabilities.

Something like Sunlight would be a good Vulnerability.   Not as common as you'd someone might assume though,  since they'd likely operate mostly at night,  though being a big weakness during the day.   They could counter that by actively making sunlight damage too and poof,  you've got a vampy.

The Vulnerability concept would work well with Damage Reduction as well.   As werewolves for example tend to have a mix of Resistance and Regeneration,   but are then vulnerable to Silver which bypasses the resistance and freezes the regeneration.

About the new hp regen rule.  NvVyM98

About the new hp regen rule.  CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 11:25 am