Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The five minute rule!

Kalia Divit
    Kalia Divit

Player 
    Lineage : Ariel's Descent
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

The five minute rule! Empty The five minute rule!

Post by Kalia Divit 14th July 2014, 9:50 pm

Username: Kalia Divit
    Suggestion Idea Name: The Five Minute Rule
    Suggestion Details: Well the idea is that a chatbox rule is that within the first five minutes of a mod or admin logging into the chat they are not allowed to be bugged about looking at an app. This is so mods don't get flooded with requests as soon as they log in.
    Other Information: (Other things you may want to add)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Potato's Alternate Character <3
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The five minute rule! Empty Re: The five minute rule!

Post by Rosetta Crawford 15th July 2014, 1:37 am

This seems fair enough. Its weird seeing this from someone who isn't a mod or admin, but i'm all for it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The five minute rule! Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

The five minute rule! Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

The five minute rule! Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 15th July 2014, 1:59 am

I dont like this rule. Mods have a right to turn down an app if they dont want to, besides, they're just gonna end up checking them anyway. Better to get it out of they way / deny it sooner than wait an arbitrary amount of time

Last edited by Zenshin on 15th July 2014, 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Nero_
    Nero_

Thunder Knight

Thunder Knight

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Guild Master- God Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Shinigami Protection
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor :
    Experience : 2475

Character Sheet
    First Skill: -
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Nero_ 15th July 2014, 2:01 am

Seems like a good idea. Mods/Admins always get tons of request barely seconds after they get on, and this must be really annoying. So yeah, this is a good idea.

Character Theme || Insanity theme
    The five minute rule! Tumblr_n98jk3TInZ1qmxnvuo1_500
    Brushogun
    Brushogun

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Arm of Destiny
    Guild : Eclipse Soul (Aelyst Crux Member)
    Mentor : Kichiro Yukine

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Art of War
    Second Skill: Ramen Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Brushogun 15th July 2014, 6:17 am

This is a great idea!... However... how will we enforce it? All a mod can do is say is, "Let me rest for a few minutes, I need a break" and they can have their break. What happens if someone new enters the CB?

It's a great idea... but impossible to enforce... at least in my opinion.

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plague Craft
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 15th July 2014, 6:27 am

As much as I appreciate the thought, I really do xD.

I still don't see this as a necessity, the mods and admins have taken up their positions to help the community of this site. And taken up those responsibilities, among those is to endure and deal with the immediate questions if they enter the cb.
    If they don't want to answer them right away they can just ignore it.

Also I think a 5 minute wait before the shooting begins makes me feel like a dick, as if the members have to wait before they can asks us anything. We are not some high political figures that needs to be approached with caution. And members shouldn't be limited down to a a time-lapse where they can ask questions.

Also if a mod/admin can't deal with the immediate questions, they shouldn't come in the chat box at all and just grade stuff behind the scenes.

Again, I appreciate your input on this, and it shows me that the community thinks of the staff's well being as well. But we're staff for a reason  :face: 

Janneline Ariel
    Janneline Ariel

Quality Badge Level 1- Coming Storms- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 6

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ЯɛǪʋιρ; Ƭнɛ Ɖιʌιиιтʏ
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Janneline Ariel 15th July 2014, 6:56 am

Fred, that face is creepy.

The demons told me everything they whisper in the night.

The five minute rule! 3lpUorN

Janneline Ariel // Requiem of Reality
    DeathTouch
    DeathTouch

Player 
    Lineage : Viktor's Descent
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 275

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sinistram Umbra of Abaddon
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by DeathTouch 15th July 2014, 10:35 am

As much as I don't like to put more pressure on mods/admins responsibilities and I'd like them to have a rest and everything - I agree with Fred and Zen.

Mods are there for a reason and that's why you should (or at least I do) ask them if they're busy or free for your app to get checked ot whatever that is that you are seeking from them.

The five minute rule! Tumblr_static_20111023_2122274-650x365
    Character ¦¦ Primary Magic ¦¦ Bank ¦¦ History ¦¦

XP: 275/750

Completed Jobs:
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 16th July 2014, 7:51 am

I would personally prefer it if people just pmed me if they want me to do something. Its easier for me to keep track of

The five minute rule! Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

The five minute rule! Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

The five minute rule! Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Zeno
    Zeno

Emotional Tempest 1

Emotional Tempest 1

Administrator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- H-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Villain- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Link
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Experience : 337,500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Major Arcana
    Second Skill: Minor Arcana
    Third Skill:

Post by Zeno 16th July 2014, 12:15 pm

I'm with Fred and Zack on this one. Besides, after those 5 minutes, it will be the exact same flood of requests. Some mods or admins might actually no longer be paying attention to the cbox because there isn't anything to do at the time.

The five minute rule! Zeno1_by_gramcrackers-d7l4bjh

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 5:32 pm