Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Lone Trumpet in the Sand

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Scion of the Void King
    Position : Goddess of Conviction
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 12,421,054

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Voidwalking
    Second Skill: Sword of Wrath
    Third Skill: Cruorthurgy

Lone Trumpet in the Sand - Page 2 Empty Re: Lone Trumpet in the Sand

Post by Serilda Sinclair 10th March 2024, 11:04 am

Seri Banner
    Conviction never shames nor condemns us.
    It calls us back to who we truly are.
    The sound of the table cracking beneath Mythal’s hand was so sudden that a few people, including Saffron and Mercury, gave small starts where they sat. While the director was often the most churlish between him and his fiance, Serilda had usually been the one with the explosive temper in situations such as these, but it seemed that the trait ran in both of the Rune Knights. He turned his ire directly onto Ryori, who continued to keep her gaze level, focused, and unperturbed on him while he railed at her about the supposed “responsiblity” that she was putting on him.

Mythal let it all out, all of his rage and frustration and fear, cursing the situation and Ryori specifically. With a final declaration that he would not only kill Faera but seal the doors to Kingdom Darkness shut forever, he stormed out of the room. Ryori watched him go, as quiet as the rest of the room, though there was something about her expression. A sadness, maybe, or perhaps even an understanding. She only pulled her gaze back when Serilda addressed her, the Voidwalker’s tone quiet but no less ripe with much of the same anger as her fiance. “Who the hell do you think you are?” the noblewoman asked, a silent tear or two dripping from the corners of her eyes.

Ryori didn’t answer. She held Serilda’s eyes evenly with a measure of softness that the Voidwalker found more audacious than anything else. Serilda was almost more angry that the Omen didn’t have an answer, didn’t offer any excuse or explanation for herself. The Sword opened her mouth several times as if to say something, but she was so angry that she couldn’t find the words to express it. So instead, even as Vandrad spoke to cut through the silence and press forward, Serilda was already standing and turning toward the door to go after Mythal.

Instead, her movement was interrupted about as suddenly as Vandrad’s speech as Vriko marched into the room with about the same level of intensity as Mythal had left it. Serilda’s eyes went wide in surprise, and Saffron’s almost humorous, “Uh oh,” was lost amidst the chaos that followed shortly after. Vriko’s gaze narrowed onto the two Trumpets as she withdrew her sword from its scabbard, moving with all haste to attack.

It was Cedric who got in her way, impeding her advance much to Vriko’s protests. The Trumpets voiced their surprise, with Vandrad giving a dangerous warning about speaking to Vriko respectfully. The room, which had already been tense from the prior confrontation, was damn near overcharged now as everyone was on edge in some form and either waiting for all hell to break loose or doing what they could to prevent it. The only one who seemed completely relaxed and unbothered by the situation was Ryori, who had gone back to drinking while she watched the events unfold.

After coming to Vriko’s defense, Vandrad was given an apology by Ruman, who explained that they hadn’t meant to be rude. Merely, they were surprised, having feared that Vriko’s past would have prevented her from ever building bridges with any of them. “She is family,” Serilda tacked on after Cedric’s response, her tone firm as she came around to stand beside her future sister-in-law in a simple show of solidarity and support. “And you have a lot to answer to her for.”

Ruman nodded his understanding before turning to address Vriko once more, acknowledging the reasons for her anger and asking for an opportunity to try to fix things before she made good on her threats. There was a slight shift in the room as he procured his weapon, Serilda’s eyes narrowing in wariness even as Saffron leaned forward in her seat, ready and waiting in case a fight was about to break out. Even Mercury’s hand twitched in the direction of where she normally carried Mercy, though she was considerably more apprehensive about everything, considering the child growing in her womb. Ryori continued to lean almost lazily against the wall.

Thankfully, Ruman wasn’t looking to instigate an attack. Rather, he gave an explanation of the abilities of his sword before tapping its tip against the ground. In a swirling display of light, Serethar appeared. “What..?” Serilda’s eyes widened in shock and awe as the Trumpet claimed that he had created Serethar, but had been afraid that the guardian, who had been influenced by Kingdom Darkness’ corruption, would foster continued hostilities from Vriko toward Mythal. But now that he saw that Vriko had overcome her past, he was happy to reunite the two, this time with Serethar cleansed of the Darkness.

Serethar’s eyes finally found Vriko, breathing a sigh of relief over seeing her alive and healthy, prioritizing that realization over what surely was an overwhelming amount of confusion as to his surroundings. Vriko’s response was to drop her weapon entirely, pushing past Cedric to all but tackle the guardian they had thought lost. The angel clearly hadn’t been expecting the gesture, his mind scrambling for several seconds on how to respond before he finally returned the embrace just as tightly.

It took Serilda a moment to find her own center, moved by the reunion almost in spite of her prior anger with Ryori. She still had the inclination to follow after Mythal – and still planned on doing so soon – but she could spare a couple minutes to be present for this, especially when Mythal probably needed some solitude for the time being. She shifted her gaze to Ruman. “Thank you,” she told the Trumpet with a small but appreciative smile, the weight of his gesture not lost on her. “For this, and for helping ensure Branwen’s rescue.” Her eyes scanned over to meet Izrael’s, making sure the other Trumpet was equally receiving of her gratitude. “I can’t make any promises for the future, as far as where we stand with you. Mythal’s say in that is more important than my own… but I can promise that we’ll discuss it, once he’s ready to.”

WORDS: 1013/7372 | @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Post by Mythal Ragnos 14th March 2024, 8:30 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    1803/7845 words || @Serilda Sinclair || job info/job sign-up || short note here

“What the hell?” Mythal asked, taking a few steps back and staring at the other man. Between his anger and frustration, a river of confusion ran as he took in the sight of the mentioned but never seen entity. “How… can I see you right now?”

“Oh, I can allow myself to be seen by pretty much anyone I want. Kind of just… flipping a dimmer switch and boom, there I am,” He Who Is commented with a proud grin. “So it was never a matter of being solitarily viewed by Vandrad and more that my presence was needed then as it is now. I could get into it all if you want but we only have a short amount of time before Serilda comes out to check on you. She was delayed because Vriko came storming in, swearing vengeance and-”

“Wait, Vriko?!” Now Mythal’s anger was even more muted. He hadn’t figured his sister would want to make an appearance, at least not without some kind of warning. Concern grew on his face as he turned towards the building he’d just left.

“Don’t worry, that’s gonna work out just fine. No one is going to die; actually, someone is going to come back from supposed death. You’ll see later. Right now, it’s more important we chat about what Ryori just bashed you over the head with.”

Mythal somewhat calmed down, mostly because all of his ability to think and feel circled back to his anger. Ryori’s words were still a sore, sticking point for the Darkness Slayer and momentary distraction taken away, he was once more thrust into the crushing waves of rage. He scoffed and turned away from He Who Is with a sneer. “What, you here to tell me she’s right? That if I don’t give up my life, everything I have, I’m essentially damning someone else or everything entirely?”

“Ah, Mythal. Not quite everything. Just everything in your version of reality,” He Who Is said as he casually tossed his apple towards the waterfalls off in the distance. “Unfortunately, you’re right. I’m not here to offer a different route, some alternative that could put a helpful, hopeful bandaid on the matter. When the time comes, you will need to make a choice and it means a sacrifice on someone’s behalf. It’s not right, it’s not fair but that’s the way the blanket was woven and is like that in several other universes.”

Mythal spun to face He Who Is. “And what? Yer gonna paint me a picture of all the wrong choices?”

“Ryori already did that for you, bud. No point in lashing the still sore and festering wound she inflicted on you. But what you and I both know is that you’ve been thinking about this for a while, haven’t you? Every little bit you learn, every new discovery about Kingdom Darkness and Faera and Ataxia and you began to wonder if your fated title was just a bit more than flowery dressing. And I’ll be the first to tell you that you’re not alone. Almost everyone in there has been working to the same conclusion and trying to ignore it, brush it to the side in hopes that something, anything else, comes along and proves the more viable option. I’m here to save you a lot of searching and wasting your time; there is nothing else. Three paths, Mythal. Either you go to Kingdom Darkness, it overruns this reality or… someone you care about is sent there in your place.”

Mythal’s brow furrowed. “Wait a minute. Someone I… care about? What are you talking about?”

“Think about it; there’s no shortage of people gathered around you that haven’t been to Kingdom Darkness, the taint of it left on them. That’s not including the people that could easily find a way to set themselves up to be options as well as a means of saving you. And all of them will hold off until the last possible moment, trying every path and every option possible.” He Who Is paused there to let the news sink in. His tone was a bit kinder than Ryori’s had been, though his words were no less blunt. He probably could have chosen different, more comforting words but Mythal was already in the muck of anger; it wasn’t like it would change anything. “I’ll leave that where it is and let you think on that. No point in twisting the knife anymore. I did, however, come to offer a gift that could help you in whatever path you choose.”

“Gift?” Mythal asked numbly, staring off and past He Who Is. It was bad enough to hear it from one source but two, powerful and mysterious people telling him he had little choice was just… too much to bear. Hell, he couldn’t even be properly angry anymore. He just felt cold and distant, thrown back to how he used to be in his younger years.

“So as you’re aware, you’re half angel. That’s why you were able to hold onto a portion of Faera’s power for a while but what you had was her corrupted power, the God Slaying magic. It wasn’t her true power; that got buried under the toxic influence of Kingdom Darkness.”

“Yer talkin’ about her Blessin’,” Mythal filled in the obvious gap.

“You got it. You didn’t get gifted that, your sister did. Granted, being half-deific makes it difficult to control that power, as Vriko very well knows. But you… you are the Darkness King. And you have a Demon Slayer lacrima merged with the powers you inherited from your role plus an Ataxian shard. You play it off very well but even you have to know that all of that power in one body should be concerning. Yet, you’re fine -- thriving even. Yet your angelic side is missing a portion; you’ve got three quarters of your power puzzle filled out and you’re missing one. I know exactly what else can fill that slot.”

“And what’s that?”

He Who Is grinned. “Curse energy.”

“Curse… like what Ruzatz and the other Sins can use?” Mythal continued to ask questions.

“Same wavelength, different outcome. Their Curse energy comes from their domains and is inherently different than magic. It is arguably stronger than magic because it is generally unaffected by magic nullification. Consider them an evolution of magic, not quite like the Weave but closer to it. Spoiler alert but it’s basically what Marka Ragnos was actually trying to create when he stumbled on dreadether and called it close enough.” He Who Is gestured to Mythal. “I believe that through training, you can develop your own Curse energy. You are intrinsically linked to Kingdom Darkness, meaning you have a domain, and you have enough divine in you to create a force like it. Plus a Curse is only as strong as the user’s negative emotions and you… well,” He Who Is smiled. “For all the warm and gooey parts of your life that have made you happier and nicer, we both know you still have a lot of hatred in you. It’s in your genetics, you can’t help it.” The Judge snapped his fingers, as if he’d solved some unspoken riddle. “And that’s the key to helping you achieve everything you want.”

“Very specific. Also insane; this whole thing sounds wholly batshit nuts,” Mythal said, scoffing in disbelief.

He Who Is shrugged. “Believe me or don’t, that’s up to you. I am merely putting forth an idea for you to think over.”

“Yeah? What about what Vandrad said? Yer all about observin’ and watchin’ the multiverse but here you are, tryin’ to offer me shit. What’s your game?”

The Judge grinned and wagged his finger in front of his face. “Spoilers.”

Mythal didn’t look away. Hell, he didn’t even blink. Nonetheless, He Who Is was just… gone. His eyes widened in recognition of the disappearance and glanced around, trying to see if the entity had moved somewhere else. But he had fully disappeared.

“Please, no need for thanks,” Ruman replied to Serilda, back in the meeting room, bowing his head slightly. “It feels good to bring happiness and reunite these two under better circumstances. We feared that it would never come to be.”

“Yeah, well…” Izrael shifted slightly, barely able to meet Serilda’s gaze. “It’s cool.” She played off the moment as best as she could, though she looked deeply uncomfortable.

Vriko ripped herself away from Serethar and smacked his shoulder hard. “Asshole! You ever die again, I’ll kill you,” she threatened him with a pointed, shuddering finger.

The angel smiled softly. “I’ll be sure to keep that in mind. Now would you do me a favor and… explain everything? Because the last I recall…” Serethar took a moment to look about the room, specifically towards Serilda. “The people in this room were our enemies.”

“Yeah, yeah. Come on over here, let me give you the rundown,” Vriko explained, grabbing the angel by the front of his shirt and pulling him towards the nearest chairs.

While she was settling Serethar in, Cyrene came in from one of the offshoot hallways. No doubt her arrival would catch the interest of most of the room, as she was the one that had been tending to Aster and Branwen. "How are they?” Vandrad asked.

Cyrene frowned as she came to a stop. “Well, that’s a complicated question with an even more complicated answer. The good news is they are alive and aren’t in any immediate peril. Branwen is severely malnourished but other than that, he is physically okay. Aster barely has a scratch on her. Magically, though…”

“Magically?” Themesycia asked, quirking a brow.

“Aster’s magical core is… gone. From what Patty has told me, all humans born on Earthland have a magical core; it’s just part of your biology. But that organ doesn’t exist in Aster or, rather, it’s probably more accurate to say it doesn’t exist anymore. And Branwen’s is miniscule. Patty and I almost mistook it for an unknown growth at first. While he will technically be able to wield magic, it will not be in any great way or form. And that’s not including whatever detrimental effects his body will suffer from his long term exposure to Kingdom Darkness. It’s still too early to tell how his recovery will go.”

"I’m guessing Aster’s situation is the price for using your power,” Vandrad said to Ryori, not really needing confirmation. He could feel it in his gut. He sighed. "Though it may come as a shock, I believe she will be more overjoyed at her husband’s rescue than mournful of what she lost. I haven’t gotten the chance to meet the woman but based on what Serilda has told me, I believe she’ll be at peace with her choice. I know I would be.”

STATISTICS
    HP: x/y
    MP: x/y
    Spells Used: list them here
    Abilities Active: list them and their effects here
    Weapons Equipped: list/link them here
    Monsters Killed: list here
    Other Notes: reeeeeee this should scroll if you type too much
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 16th March 2024, 4:11 pm

Seri Banner
    The two Trumpets each received Serilda’s gratitude in their own unique ways, Ruman gracious and Izrael a bit awkwardly. The two archangels were opposites in nearly every way it seemed, but they appeared to work together well. Vriko wasted no time in pulling Serethar aside after the reborn guardian expressed his confusion over the present company. Serilda met his gaze as he looked at her, merely offering a small smile before the pair were off in a corner by themselves. She was sure the angel was likely going to have some questions for her and Mythal later, or at least wanting to speak with them once he’d gotten all the details about what had taken place while he was gone, but for now it was best to just let them catch up on their own.

Serilda was about ready to wrap things up with Ruman and Izrael when Cyrene walked in. Those who were not preoccupied with other conversations turned to regard the medic as Vandrad asked how the patients were. The answer was a mixed. Physically, she said they were not in any critical condition, though Branwen was alarmingly malnourished. Aster barely showed any signs of having been involved in a fight at all. However, after some prompting from Themmy, she admitted some confusion and concern to the fact that Aster’s magical core was missing.

“What..?” The voidwalker looked a bit stunned by the news, her brows furrowing in bewilderment. Magically speaking, Cyrene admitted that Branwen wasn’t much better. While he still had a core, it was shrunken and shriveled, little more than a husk of what it used to be. He would still be capable of magic, unlike his wife, but his capabilities were most likely stunted for the rest of his life.

Vandrad remarked his assumption that Aster’s state was related to her temporary use of Ryori’s magic, to which the Omen nodded. Notably, this was the first time since the start of the meeting where she actually looked attentive to the conversation. After the king voiced his belief that Aster likely would care less about losing her magic over the fact that her husband had been saved, she spoke in more depth on the topic. “Aster is a good woman. Determined and stubborn. She knew the risks and didn’t hesitate to make the call. Frankly, I was more reluctant to perform the ritual than she was. The cost was more than I had hoped, but… it was far from the worst case scenario.”

Serilda frowned. “You’re saying it could have killed her?”

“It could have consumed her soul entirely. In which case, there would not have been anything left of her to pass on to the afterlife. She would have simply ceased to exist. I wouldn’t have let it get that far,” she spoke up to gently cut Serilda off as she opened her mouth, the Omen continuing to strike out with the noblewoman. “I had hoped it wouldn’t even come to this. The plan was for me to be fighting alongside her, to take Shepard out quickly between the four of us so she wouldn’t be using my magic for very long, but that had to change after Ruman and Izrael explained why they were there. Aster also channeled much more power than I advised her to, while you were all trapped in Shepard’s Incursion.”

When Serilda seemed to accept the explanation, if begrudgingly, Ryori turned to Cyrene. “I had warned her in advance that she would lose her magic – that the ritual would burn through the reserves of her magical core permanently. However, after she pushed her limits even further, it became much worse than that. Her core became infected. Had the infection been allowed to spread, it would have caused untold and unpredictable damage, not unlike any other organ going bad. It could not be repaired. So, my only choice was to remove it entirely. She will probably need about as much time as Branwen will to recover. I don’t think it will cripple her, but I’d monitor her closely for a couple weeks just to be safe.”

Once that matter was concluded, the Omen sealed the cap on her flask and tucked it away, pulling herself from the wall. “I’ll go ahead and take my leave.” By her tone, she seemed to understand that she had stirred more than a few waves and didn’t intend on overstaying her welcome. “I should let Ozorith know that Shepard has been dealt with, anyway. I’ll return in a few days to check on Aster.” Her eyes flicked briefly over to Ruman and Izrael in unreadable consideration… and then she was gone.

Serilda sighed and reached up a hand to rub at her forehead. “I’m going to go find Mythal. I’m sorry to dump all this in your laps and run, but… I think he’s probably going to need to go home.” She looked up at Vandrad and Mercury.

The latter brushed the concern aside. “Don’t worry about it. Go take care of him. We’ll let you know right away if there’s any updates on Branwen and Aster.”

“Thank you.” Turning to the Trumpets, Serilda added, “I think we’re done for today. When we’re ready to discuss the next steps, you’ll hear from us. Thank you, again.” Then, with a nod, she left the conference room and made her way toward her fiance.

Two days later, Aster was propped up in her bed, a number of pillows supporting her back. It would be difficult to tell merely by observing her, but the retired Knight was in a great deal of pain, though the meds Cyrene had prescribed had numbed the worst of it to a dull throb. She had woken the day prior to some alarm, but had calmed quickly upon realizing that she was in a medical room and Branwen – her Branwen – was there with her, battered and frail but alive.

After that she had taken nearly everything in stride as it was explained to her where she was and what had happened. She did not appear surprised or upset by the news that she could no longer use magic, though the removal of her magical core did earn an eyebrow of interest or surprise more than anything else. Once she had been caught up on everything, and gone through a routine check up with Cyrene and Patty as her current medical practitioners, she contacted Serilda to let her know she was awake. The Voidwalker had planned to come see her right away, but was rebuffed by Aster who insisted it wasn’t necessary to rush over or take the time off work. They would see each other again soon enough, and there was no need to make a fuss.

For now she was content to decompress from the last year or so in relative peace and quiet. The medical staff came in to check on her regularly, but aside from that she did little but read the book she had been provided to pass the time, which was what she currently was doing.

WORDS: 1882/9254 | @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 19th March 2024, 3:19 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    630/8475 words || @Serilda Sinclair || job info/job sign-up || short note here

Branwen wasn’t totally out of the woods, given his situation, but he was doing better. His situation had perplexed Cyrene and Patricia, as his continued existence was strange and, from what they could tell, beyond explanation. From what they knew about Kingdom Darkness, aided by the many people that had more knowledge about it, it was a realm of toxic dark matter that drains a person of their life force quickly. Mythal had told the tale of Little Gren’s near-death experience and Gren, the man, had talked about how, even as a dead, cursed soul, he’d felt his being melting away. Given what had been compiled in the realm, it made sense that nothing living could survive long; a few hours, at absolute most. And yet Branwen had survived for some long period of time. According to Ruman and Izrael, Shepard had already immersed himself into Branwen’s life by the time they had met him, though they had admitted that they had required a few months to recover and adapt to the living realm before connecting with the other Trumpet.

Still, his life force should have been drained completely, leaving the former Rune Knight dead and wasted away. And while he was definitely circling around ‘wasted away’, he was not dead. However, both medical professionals agreed that for some time, he may wish he was. Shepard had used his power to leech off of Branwen, absorbing his magical power, his physical strength, his mental faculties; everything that could be considered a viable resource had been suctioned and overtaken by the former Trumpet. As Cyrene had told the group, his magical core was tiny and she truly believed it would remain that way for the rest of his life. His organs had been deprived of nutrients and substance required to function fully, Shepard somehow providing the minimal requirement to ensure that Branwen did not die. With time and treatment, they would make a recovery but not to where they were before he was taken. That said nothing of his immune system or the muscular atrophy. No doubt he would require around-the-clock care and medical supplements to keep his immune system from shutting down and, depending on how well he took to recovery and physical therapy, it was entirely possible he could require a wheelchair for the rest of his life as well.

As tumultuous as that sounded, there was still the fact that he was alive. And despite the troubles and challenges he would face, the fact that he had been rescued from his terrible situation was nothing to scoff or sigh at. Like Aster, he had remained unconscious for several days, having passed out after returning to the realm of the living after Mythal and Serilda’s daring rescue. He had coughed a few times throughout the days but otherwise remained silent and still, his body shut down for the time being so it could attempt to recover. As luck would have it, or perhaps fate turning a considerate hand in their favor, it was only a few hours after Aster had awoken and had been given time to sit and relax that the former Rune Knight stirred. It started with a weak cough, not unusual to hear. But then the sound of the sheets ruffling as his legs moved, followed by the rest of his body.

A low, weak groan escaped from his throat as his body shifted. It was only a moment later that his eye opened. A thin slit that barely did anything to display his one good orb but it was open enough to take in the sight of his wife. “Aster…” he said, the name carrying more strength in his breath than what remained in his entire body. “You are a sight for my sore gaze.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 20th March 2024, 1:33 pm

Seri Banner
    By this point, Aster had almost learned to tune out Branwen’s coughing, if only because it wouldn’t help her own health to jump at every phantom of consciousness he had. His consistent coughing was worrisome, though the medical staff assured her that it wasn’t an indication of any deeper issue. His body would just need quite a long time to recover from such a prolonged exposure to Kingdom Darkness, if it ever fully did. He was likely going to need constant care from here on out. Frankly, Aster probably would for a while herself, though she was determined to get back on her feet as soon as possible in order to help him.

She only pulled her gaze away from the pages when he stirred more actively, his legs rustling beneath the covers, and then the rest of his body with a groan. Aster closed the book without bothering to mark her place, watching Branwen with a keen eye. Finally, the lid on his own good eye opened, if barely enough for her to see. She had to kick down a wave of emotion as he spoke her name, remarking at the sight of her. The woman gave him a calm and playful smirk. “And you sound better than you look,” she informed him.

Setting her novel on her bedside table, she pulled her covers off and very carefully swung her feet over and down to the ground. With ginger steps that betrayed her own less-than-ideal condition, and plenty of supporting herself on the side table between them, she crossed the minimal feet of space that separated their gurneys and sank herself gently onto the edge of his. Aster was sure that Cyrene likely would attempt to chastise her for getting out of the bed, but considering the circumstances she doubted there would be any real heart in the protest. Not that it would have dissuaded Aster, anyway.

Leaning down, she placed one hand on his cheek and kissed him softly, mindful not to be too aggressive with him but still lingering with her lips on his. When their mouths parted, she rested her forehead on his and sighed in relief, finally letting out the pent up anxiety she’d been wrangling for the last year or more. “I’m sorry, Branwen.” Her tone was soft, not self-piteous but no less genuine. “I had no idea. None of us did. Shepard’s transition was seamless. He didn’t give me any reason to be suspicious even once. We were lucky that we discovered the truth at all.” She seemed to not be blaming herself, but there was a great deal of remorse in her voice for not discovering the truth sooner.

Sitting up a bit straighter, she quietly wiped away the tears on her cheeks and took one of his hands in hers. “But we have you back now. It took us longer than any of us would have liked, but… Shepard is dead, and you’re safe now. Not that I’m ever letting you out of my sight again.” Aster offered him a small smile. Pressing her other hand against his forehead to feel for his temperature. The medics would likely show up soon, since they had alerts set up to notify them of changes in Branwen’s vitals, but in the meantime… “How are you feeling?”

WORDS: 552/9806 | @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 26th March 2024, 12:09 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    558/9033 words || @Serilda Sinclair || job info/job sign-up || short note here

“Oh you are just so cruel to me,” Branwen remarked, managing to find the smallest spark of playfulness in him, the barest twinkle in his tired eye. Still, he was happy to have her close as she approached the bed, barely managing to lean up to return her kiss, though his facial muscles were sore and exhausted and barely able to move. Her smell and presence filled his nostrils, a warm reminder of the wife he had been robbed of for so long. She apologized to him, which he expected. In her shoes, he would have been begging for forgiveness, even though he, too, knew that it was no fault of her own. “I know. Through our connection, I got bits and pieces of his interactions, his day-to-day life. I cannot imagine how you are feeling, knowing that it was someone else, my darling,” he said softly, reaching up to gently hold her face with his hand.

His eye managed to open more as he heard about Shepard’s death, intrigued and honestly relieved. He let out a soft sigh and relaxed further onto the bed, as if he could finally be at true ease now that the danger was gone. “Honestly? Better than I expected,” he admitted softly, his voice still worn and rusty for lack of use. “I half expected to die the moment I was pulled back into this world, either by circumstance or by Shepard manually swinging the ax. I am… still quite tired and I am no fool; I know that the damage he inflicted upon me is not something I will ever truly recover from.”

He smiled softly up at her. “But the fact that I am alive gives me enough spirit to fight to improve. Whatever means of existing I can attain, I will, now that I know I am back and with you. I am just…” His words failed for a few moments as his gaze seemed to fade into memory. “I have been locked away for years, Aster. I had been reintroduced to Mythal once more, after so many years. The abrasive man he was, I saw the warmth that Gren had tried to instill in him and hoped that, perhaps, he would find a path to happiness. And it seemed he had in Serilda Sinclair. Then… Crimson Fang attacked. Gods, I remember the sight of Era burning from the forest. I sent the trainees back to try and aid the citizens. Then he was there. A presence in the dark.”

Branwen’s eye darkened a bit more. “At first I thought he was one of the terrorists and attempted to fight him. But his power was… something else. Then the next thing I remember, I was flung through a portal into that cell. And I felt everything I had being pulled out of me, into something else. I didn’t know where I was until I saw her, looking at me through the bars. Those burning green eyes felt like the coldest wind on my skin. Faera…”

He gave a small shake of his head and turned his gaze back to her. “I never hoped I would be rescued. Shepard is… was... so impeccable. I just worried that his actions would go unseen until it was too late. How did…? Where did he slip up?”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 26th March 2024, 6:40 pm

Seri Banner
    He managed to find the strength to tease her back, as well as to lean up into her kiss. Small victories, but in that moment they meant so much to Aster. She listened as he explained that he’d managed to catch snippets of the real world through his connection to Shepard, enough at least to know that he was fooling Aster thoroughly. She leaned her cheek into his hand when he comforted her. “I’ll be okay. I’ve already had some time to cope with what happened. I can’t say it won’t come back to haunt me from time to time… but I have you back, and that is all that matters to me. The rest we can work through together.”

Branwen admitted to feeling better than he’d have hoped for, though that was largely in part to him simply being alive. He already understood that he was going to be recovering for what would likely be the rest of his life, but would dedicate himself to doing whatever it took. She watched as he drifted momentarily back to that place, listening in silent attention while he revealed the moment that Shepard had struck, during the attack on Era several years back. He’d gotten the chance to reunite briefly with Mythal, around the time that he and Serilda were still figuring out their places in one another’s lives. He’d attempted to fight the Trumpet, thinking he was a terrorist, only to find himself outmatched very quickly, tossed into Kingdom Darkness under the watchful eye of its ruler.

Aster squeezed Branwen’s hand encouragingly. There wasn’t much she could say. What was done was done, but this was the first chance he’d gotten to talk about what had happened to him and she was happy to give him a moment to get it off his chest. She couldn’t possibly understand what he’d gone through, having never been to Kingdom Darkness or been subjected to Faera’s presence, and Aster wasn’t about to cheapen his trauma by trying.

But he didn’t linger on the subject long. Instead, he asked about how they managed to learn the truth, given how meticulous Shepard had been with his disguise. Aster shook her head softly. “He didn’t slip up,” she informed him simply. “He was betrayed. At some point, Mythal was captured by one of Faera’s other Trumpets, Archimedes – his birth father – and taken to Kingdom Darkness. Serilda forced her way into the Kingdom to rescue him, and during the fight he fulfilled some kind of prophecy.”

“As a result, two of the other Trumpets, Ruman and Izrael, had their minds freed from the corruption of the kingdom. They left a trail for a woman named Ryori to follow. Ryori is human, but she acts as an Omen – an equivalent to a Trumpet – for Ozorith, the Prime of Wrath. She was able to follow the trail until she learned that Shepard had assumed your identity. She almost caught him shortly after that, but while she was scrying on him during a meeting he was having with Gren, she noticed that a piece of Shepard’s power left with Gren after they parted ways. She had to choose between keeping on Shepard’s heels, or stopping whatever he’d set in motion, and wound up choosing the latter. She saved the lives of Gren and Vriko, Mythal’s sister, but as a result she lost track of Shepard entirely.”

Aster hung her head a little in sorrow. “Her search for him brought her to me not long after. Naturally, she wanted to look into me to figure out if I was a part of all this. At the time I was in a panic because you – Shepard – had just disappeared without warning and gone completely off the grid. I was pulling every resource trying to find you… him. Ryori realized pretty quickly that I didn’t know what was going on, and chose to approach me and filled me in with the truth. We partnered up after that, and had been working together to find him. That was over a year ago…”

She brushed the back of his palm gently with her thumb, almost as much to comfort herself as to comfort him. Over a year of her life she’d spent desperately trying to find him, and to confront the archangel that had stolen him from her. Aster had certainly earned a few extra worry wrinkles that likely had not been there before, the woman looking exhausted and haunted by the trials of the last several months. “We never found him on our own. When his trap for Gren failed, he knew he’d been found out and went underground. At most there were a few whispers, but nothing that led to any substantial information.”

“Two days ago, Ryori got a call from Serilda. At first she thought it was a misdail, but she could hear her and Mythal confronting Shepard. Serilda managed to work in just enough information for us to track their location down to an exact spot in Desierto. When we got close, Ryori sensed that Ruman and Izrael were also nearby. I went on ahead to fight Shepard with Serilda and Mythal, and she went to confront the other two Trumpets. That was when they told her that you were still alive and in Kingdom Darkness. Prior to that, we still weren’t… sure if you had ever been real, or if it had always been Shepard from the start.”

Aster wiped another set of silent tears from her cheeks. It had been more than just a year of struggling to find Shepard and Branwen. All that time, she’d been forced to question her entire marriage, wondering and worrying about if she’d been used from day one, and not knowing if her entire life up until that point had been a lie. “They wanted to help us get you back. If it hadn’t been for them, we probably would have just killed Shepard and you would have died as a result. But they told Mythal where you were and how to get to you.”

“Following that, I don’t know more than a few details about what happened. I passed out shortly after my part of the fight was done. From what I understand, once Mythal and Serilda went to Kingdom Darkness and severed Shepard’s connection to you, Shepard became this… weak, shriveled thing that was killed with relative ease. Then they brought us here to New Rhaegar to recover. I only woke up yesterday, myself.”

WORDS: 1088/10,894 | @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 1st April 2024, 11:49 am

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    556/9589 words || @Serilda Sinclair || job info/job sign-up || short note here

“Betrayed?” Branwen looked shocked, despite how tired he was. There had never been any kind of indication that anyone that followed or was part of Faera’s followers would even consider turning their back on their ideology. Indeed, it was safer to say that the former Rune Knight would have assumed the opposite; that followers would rather die or kill themselves than to do anything that would interfere or interrupt Faera’s grand plans. However, Aster explained that when Mythal had been taken to Kingdom Darkness by Archimedes, he had apparently activated some kind of legend or prophecy and, in doing so, he had freed the shackles that Ruman and Izrael had been under. “I remember them. They were his allies, though I think Shepard thought of them more as underlings to himself.”

She continued, filling in the gaps to his knowledge about how Shepard’s downfall had come. He knew that Gren had been brought back, seen through the eyes of Shepard, but he had no idea how close he had been to perishing again. It had only been the timely interference of Ryori, a different soldier for a different deity, that had saved the former Rune Knight and Vriko, Mythal’s sister. Doing so had cost her the lead she wanted so, instead, she had expanded her search area and had come to investigate Aster. Luckily, Ryori was able to quickly deduce that Aster wasn’t involved and had been just as much in the dark as the rest of them. The meeting had resulted in a partnership that had spanned an entire year of time. But Shepard had gone to ground and they seemingly had lost their opening to catch him.

Until the archangel himself had shown himself, leading Mythal and Serilda into a trap to try and bring them down. Ryori, and by extension Aster, had been alerted to the trap by Serilda and the two had set out, with his wife heading in to fight Shepard and Ryori opting to investigate the two other Trumpets that were nearby. He smiled softly. “Poor Shepard. I’d have told him that making you angry was a mistake that could cost him his life,” he added playfully, managing to partially laugh before fading into a small coughing fit.

She continued, explaining that Ruman and Izrael had come to interject on Branwen’s sake, explaining that the man was very much alive and trapped and that killing Shepard would damn the former Rune Knight as well. “I had wondered how he’d managed to figure it out. Shepard played his part well; even I wondered if I was ever truly real.” He sighed softly as he gently stroked her hand with his fingers. “I’m sorry all of that happened to you, my love. And it sounds like I have a lot to catch up on once I’m in a better state.” Being away from the world for several years meant that a lot of things had changed, he was sure. She had mentioned being on New Rhaegar, which was a name he’d never heard before, though she made it sound trustworthy.

His brow furrowed softly. “You said you only woke up yesterday. Were you injured?” Being hurt and exhausted from a battle was quite understandable but being unconscious for a full day was alarming in most cases. His hand squeezed hers with concern.

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 2nd April 2024, 11:04 am

Seri Banner
    Branwen was, understandably, surprised to hear that Shepard had been stabbed in the back by one of his supposed allies. It had been a difficult truth for many to accept, though Aster was having less trouble with it than most. Perhaps because she didn’t have the background exposure to Mythal’s life the way her husband did. Either way, she gave him the truth of events as they were, filling him in on the broader strokes of what had happened.

He chuckled lightly when she informed him that she’d joined in the fight against the Trumpet, remarking that Shepard had made quite the mistake pissing Aster off. The woman gave a wry smirk. “He certainly didn’t seem very happy to see me,” she remarked even as she reached over to the side table where there was a pitcher of water that she’d been drinking from throughout the day. Pouring him a small cup of it, she waited until his coughing fit settled before giving it to him, even helping him drink it carefully if he needed the assistance.

She carried on with her story, with Branwen admitting that Shepard’s deception had been so thorough that even the former Rune Knight had wondered if his own existence had ever been real. “It’s not your fault, my love,” Aster informed him softly when he apologized. “We’ll take things one day at a time. And I’m sure Mythal and Gren will want to come see you as soon as you’re feeling up to it. Mythal and Serilda live in Era on the mainland, but from what I understand Gren spends most of his time here. I imagine he won’t wait long once he knows you’re awake.”

Aster was aware, of course, that Branwen likely didn’t know exactly where he was. Even she hadn’t been familiar with the island until yesterday. But in the interest of not overwhelming him with too much information right off the bat, she elected to push such explanations until Branwen had a chance to recover enough to be ready. Instead, her husband latched on to another thing she’d said, her remark about having just woken up the day prior, inquiring with some measure of concern if she’d been hurt.

“I’m not hurt,” she assured him, giving his hand another gentle squeeze. “Or at least, Shepard didn’t injure me. Not for lack of trying, mind. But… I knew what I was going up against. Ryori prepared me for what to expect a long time ago, and I understood that I didn’t stand much of a chance against Shepard on my own. She knew that I was going to insist on being part of the fight, despite this. So in an effort to give me a fighting chance, she used a ritual to grant me temporary use of her magic.”

“My body was not strong enough to hold onto her power for very long. It could have killed me… or worse, from what I was told after I woke. But it did eat through my own magic reserves permanently, and I’m told Ryori had to remove my magical core entirely after the fight to keep it from infecting me. So… I’m exhausted, and a bit weak, and I’ll never be able to cast magic again… but I will recover the rest of my strength eventually. And the loss of my water magic is nothing against having you back with me.”

WORDS: 568/11,462 | @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 2nd April 2024, 2:27 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    1107/10696 words || @Serilda Sinclair || job info/job sign-up || short note here

He was relieved to hear she wasn’t hurt but she was quick to clarify that it was more that she hadn’t been injured, the clarification giving him pause. She explained that while she understood what she was facing with Shepard, that also came with the knowledge that she didn’t stand much of a chance against him. But it wasn’t like Aster to just sit back on her heels and wait for the result and, with her desire to fight apparent, Ryori had performed some kind of ritual to inscribe her magic onto Aster temporarily. His face was grim as she continued, explaining that she had only been able to use the borrowed magic for a short window of time and not without a cost. Though she had managed to survive, it had suctioned up the whole of her magic and the only way Aster had survived was through the removal of her magical core. Thus, she had been rendered magicless.

“Aster…” Branwen said softly, his sorrow overwhelming. She’d put everything on the line for the sake of figuring out his mystery. Whether he had been discovered as a fraud the entire time or had been captured, she was willing to endanger her life and take on a power she had no right using to answer her questions. It was a terrible thing, to lose one’s magic after having control of it for so long. He understood it was a very real challenge he could be facing as well but his had been stolen from him beyond his control. She’d made a choice, one that both saddened and deeply ingratiated himself to her. A few tears ran out of the corner of his eye, staining the bedsheet below him as he held her hand tightly, or as tightly as his weak frame could summon up.

“As truly terrible as that is… I know that I would have felt and done the exact same thing, were the roles reversed,” he said gently, giving her a warm, meaningful smile. “It looks like we two have been forcefully retired even more so than before. Though I’m led to believe that Shepard opted to choose my retirement for me. And to think I still had a good year or two in me,” he joked weakly, letting out a small laugh. Once more, a cough worked itself up his throat and he appreciated the help and offering of water from her, timidly sipping it until his machinations had calmed. He brushed her hand softly, simply taking in the sight of her, a view he thought he’d never get again.

“Now you are much too weak and fragile to be having those thoughts, Branwen,” An unfamiliar voice spoke from the doorway. He shifted slightly on his bed to take in the sight of a woman with pale skin that had a blue-ish tint and glowing blue eyes. She was remarkably attractive, despite her inhuman looks and stood with the confidence of one with wisdom and confidence.

“Excuse me?” he asked weakly.

“I have seen many a patient over my years alive and I know what most men are thinking when they are reunited with their loves after a long time apart,” Cyrene remarked with a wry, playful smirk as she walked wholly into the room and came to stand next to Aster. “And you were not supposed to be up and moving either.” Despite her words, it was quite clear that she had expected to find such a scene and wasn’t genuinely upset with either. “Branwen, my name is Cyrene. I’m the Surgeon General of New Rhaegar. I imagine that your wife has filled you in on a few things?”

“A few, yes,” he said, smiling up at Aster briefly before looking back at Cyrene. “New Rhaegar? And, please excuse me if this is rude but… you don’t look entirely human.”

“Oh, that would be because I’m not human at all. I’m Rhaegarian; my people and I are an interdimensional, humanoid species. I’m a friend of Gren and his son, Vandrad, though you may know Mythal rather than the king, wouldn’t you?” Cyrene mused as she picked up a scroll-like object. A holographic sheet unraveled itself and took form, revealing the details of his chart to her as she looked it over. “I heard some coughing; is it overall dryness in the throat or do you feel something deeper?”

“Oh, uh… just dry…”

“Good, that’s good,” she said, making a note. “I understand that there’s going to be a lot you don’t know or understand about the modern world. You’ve been removed from it for some time, based on my readings of your DNA. I’m led to believe that you’re one of those men that wants all the answers right away,” she said, shooting a poignant look to Aster, the culprit of said revelation. “My official advice is that you take it easy. There is plenty of time to catch up to the world. What’s most important right now is that you rest and let your body acclimate to being back in this realm. You and your wife have a long road of recovery but you’ll have each other for support during it, along with the rest of my team and your friends. I know Gren has been asking about you nearly every hour.”

“Sounds like the old bastard,” Branwen admitted with a small grin. “Thank you, Cyrene. Um…” He spoke up, catching her attention as she turned towards the door. “Just how… damage has been done to… well… Am I still able to…?” Branwen’s eyes flicked between the sheet in front of him and Aster, his question all too obvious, given her accusation from earlier.

Cyrene gave him a meaningful smile. “My initial examination didn’t show any issues. However, we won’t know until you’ve begun your road of recovery. Or if you two go against my orders at any point and find out for yourselves,” she shot them both a look, like accusing two teenagers of sneaking around. “Take some time to talk. I know what it’s like to be separated from a spouse for a long period of time. The time you have together now will be ever more precious. And let’s all be thankful that it turned out better than it could have been.”

“Right. Thank you, Cyrene. To you and… well, to all of you,” Branwen said.

She gave him a nod. “I’ll let Gren and Mythal you’re awake. So expect visitors in the near future.” She looked at Aster and gave a dramatic sigh. “We’re going to need to push the beds together or you’ll never lie back down.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 11:14 am