Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Rumble of the Thunder King

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Rumble of the Thunder King Empty Rumble of the Thunder King

Post by Mythal Ragnos 12th June 2019, 3:08 pm

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

With the fight over, all that was left was for them to interrogate the last remaining Mogu. For a giant stone man, he was rather resilient but considering how badly he and his brethren had been beaten, it didn't take much convincing for him to talk. Kameyama was the only one who was capable of translating so Serilda essentially worked with him to gather the information they needed on this... 'Thunder King'. Lei Shen was apparently the emperor of the island nation and he had apparently gained the power of a vanquished god, though rumor had it that he had stolen it rather than achieved it himself. Now powered up, he had sway and control over the denizens of the island. His reach extended to the forces around the island itself, thus proving that the unnatural fog that perverted the land came from its ruler. It also came to light that several of the indigenous people had been taken in as slaves and were being used to mine precious stones for his empire.

As much as Mythal hated to say it, it seemed the only way they were going to get off the island was by unseating the ruling Thunder King. Destabilizing an island's controlling power wasn't exactly his idea of a picnic but at the same time, he didn't enjoy the idea of this jackass enslaving people. So with that in mind, they all decided to head to the quarries first and free the slaves there. When they brought the news back to the village and talked it over with the elders and the survivors of the ship, there was a certain hesitance from the locals. Apparently they had tried to save their enslaved loved ones before and that had only resulted in more of their people falling under chain and whip. Now that they had taken down the Mogu shakers, it was certain that more slavers would come to take payment out of the living Pandas.

So the three of them would go to the mines and hit them before word got out. As they were leaving, one Panda stepped forward and offered to come with them. "I may not look like much but I have some training with a sword and shield," he explained, holding up the rusted arms he had brought with him.

“I dunno, pal. You sure you're up for that?" Mythal asked, crossing his arms as he gave the man a once over.

"I have to be. My people have been taken, forcibly. And if you have the means to fight them, then I want to help!" He declared proudly, nodding poignantly.

The Darkness King glanced over at Serilda and Kameyama and shrugged. “If he's good to go, I ain't got any complaints."

IslandsRune Knights
    459/2500
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Demon Slayer- Christian Minecraft Server- Achiever- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Adventurer’s Spirit
    Position : None
    Faction : The Ironheart Pact
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Experience : 273,376

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hodgepodge
    Second Skill: XVI Battle Suit
    Third Skill:

Rumble of the Thunder King Empty Re: Rumble of the Thunder King

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 16th June 2019, 7:17 pm

Kameyama, through Optix, faithfully translated the entire interrogation, abridging the insults and promises of torture once the captured Mogu completed his promised ‘escape’. For his part, Kameyama left the actual talking mostly to Serilda, as she was actual literal royalty and thus educated in these matters more than a small town metal smith. It came to them then, to banish this Lei Shen that the Mogu mentioned repeatedly, as his very existence seemed to be a bane to them leaving on the island. Being honest, the chance to right a very real wrong would have been enough for Kameyama, but that it now became necessary for them to depart was merely icing on the cake.

Once they had gotten all relevant information out of the Mogu, Kameyama broached the topic of whether or not to let him go. Before he could even finish asking in Mogu, the creature responded with glee.

“Yes, Squish. Let me free. I will return to the Thunder King and he will be informed of your arrival. Give him time to summon his forces upon you. We will bring down an army that shakes the very heavens. The bears will know suffering the likes of which has only been seen in the worst of nightmares. And once they are whimpering for their lives, the Thunder King himself will put an end to you, the Squish mongrel and the Squish cu—“

Kameyama brought the newly acquired hammer down on the Mogu’s skull, cutting off his improper speech and also his life. After a moment he looked at the other two and said, “I hope no one minds that I did that. He’d just gotten vulgar.” It took two hands to lift and wield the weapon, but since his magic was down for the count, and he didn’t have a magical blade like the others, the stolen hammer seemed to suit him just fine.

As they were speaking with the elders of the group, Kameyama noticed that some of the Pandaren had retrieved the bodies of the Mogu. Smart, he thought, if any other patrols come around here, finding dead bodies would only lead to questions and likely further fighting. Once the upstart Pandaren offered his services, Kameyama flatly said, “No.” Before walking over to the Mogu and grabbing one of their daggers. With he height difference, it worked as a decent short sword for one the Pandaren’s size. He tossed it over and said, “Now, it’s fine. And we’ll have to find you a new shield on the way. There's honor in wanting to fight for your people and wanting to serve justice to those who deserve it. But there is no honor in stupidity, and no justice in suicide. We don't know how dangerous this will become. If you feel you are in over your head, you may leave. No one will think you a coward.”

WC:503/2500

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Let us use our hands to help and hold...

... let us pour love into the Mighty Soul.
    Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Scion of the Void King
    Position : Goddess of Conviction
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Experience : 12,421,054

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Voidwalking
    Second Skill: Sword of Wrath
    Third Skill: Cruorthurgy

Post by Serilda Sinclair 22nd June 2019, 7:39 pm

"Character counts most when duty calls."

Serilda was quite impressed with Kameyama’s ability to interpret the interrogation for them. She knew he had to be using some kind of device somewhere, or perhaps it was a part of his magic. There was no way he already knew their language, given that none of them had ever been on this island before and thus never been exposed to the native dialects. But, she wasn’t going to argue or look a gift mage in the mouth. The important thing was that he could do it, and through that skill they were able to learn much about the island and their predicament. It seemed the thick fog that enshrouded the island was the direct byproduct of some evil tyrant that was abusing the people he’d taken control over.

“Stole the powers of a god, did he?” she asked, looking unimpressed. The question was more to herself than anyone else, though those around her would certainly hear it. Serilda humphed to herself. “What an unlucky day for him.” Mythal would probably be the only one who understood the comment, but that didn’t make it any less true. If this man was wielding the magic of a god, then he would find himself at a sore disadvantage as he was put up against two god slayers. In fact, Serilda herself could actually strip the man of that power entirely, just like she’d done to Mythal’s father Archimedes -- and she planned on doing just that.

This man had been abusing his station and power for far too long. Serilda had little sympathy for her fellow nobles that considered themselves above everyone else and used the less fortunate for their own gains. Her ire over the situation was so great that the air seemed to have thinned and chilled heavily, cold emanating from her in a fashion that greatly mirrored what she was feeling inside toward this supposed Thunder King. People would begin to see their breath as a light fog like normal when it was freezing out, but instead of a white puff of air it would be black. He would be dealt with in due time, but first they had a more important mission. In speaking with the locals, they learned that many of their own had been taken captive as slaves long ago. Rescue attempts had been made, but only ever resulted in more loss. That would end today.

Before they could face the decision of what to do with their captive, out of seemingly nowhere Kameyama interrupted the thing while it was talking and killed it with a swift blow from his newly acquired hammer. Serilda could only blink in surprise as the man almost sheepishly apologized and explained his actions, and what the nature of what the Mogu had been attempting to say. She frowned a little, disliking blatant murder of any type, but ultimately it wasn’t the biggest loss in the world. “Not the choice I would have made,” she admitted, “But I’m hardly going to lose any sleep over it, and I doubt these people will either. Let’s go get their lost love ones back and then go pay this farce of a king a visit.”

As they were preparing to leave, a single Panda stepped forward and offered to come. His equipment was roughshod at best, and he was clearly nervous, but his determination to play a part in protecting and saving his people outshone all that. Mythal more or less shrugged regarding the volunteer, as Serilda expected. He was never one to stop people from doing what they wanted to do, provided it was for the safety and betterment of innocent people. At first Kameyama seemed he would protest, but it was only because of the man’s weapon and shield. He dug through the rubble of the recent battle and picked out a new blade for the native, explaining they would have to find him a better shield along the way.

Serilda watched the older gentleman curiously through the interaction. He was an odd man, but a good one. She found herself greatly respecting him the more time they spent together, and so far he had more than proven himself as a valuable asset and ally. His small speech to the Pandarian was met with the barest of approving smiles, and though it was faint it did feel as though a bit of the chill in the air warmed up. His compassion had at least temporarily staved back the anger she was feeling over this whole situation. She made the unconscious decision there and then to observe Kameyama as much as possible while they were together to see if he was perhaps Rune Knight material.

But now was not the proper time to bring such things up.

“Let’s go, then. We’ll return quickly, and with as many of your people as we can find,” she told the villagers. “You have my word as a noblewoman and as the field marshal of Fiore’s Rune Knights. Xiuhcoatl: Hæl.” The mystical look wolf wuffed quietly in excitement and brought herself to Serilda’s heel, eagerly wagging her tail.

With Chen’s help, it was not very difficult finding the mines in question. The entrance was guarded by two mogule that were lazing about and not taking their jobs too seriously. And why would they? They’d hardly faced any threats from anyone in years. Before the four of them even emerged from the woods, Serilda had already reached out to the two guards with her Voidwalking magic. They didn’t even have time to yelp before they were suddenly swallowed by the ground, which did not yawn or pitch to make room for them. It was like some invisible hole had opened beneath their feet and they just dropped in and out of sight. This was normally not a fate that Serilda would subject a target to, as they would definitely suffer in the ground where their atoms were practically merged with the rock and soil. But time was of the essence, and they needed to be thorough.

“There’s no one else near the entrance,” she told them after a quick search with her Void Sense. “I can feel groups of people deep in the mines. I should be able to guide us to the right spot. There are a lot of shafts, but I can feel which ones will lead us toward them. We need to keep it dark and keep it quiet, at least until we get there and know what we’re dealing with.”

She gave Mythal a poignant look. They had worked together long enough that this strategy was a common one for them and the wolves. Less so for the two with them. Turning to them, she explained. “If you’re okay with it, we can use some of our magic on you two to help us approach unnoticed. Mythal’s magical affinity is related to darkness, and he can allow his allies to see in it. Likewise, I’m able to use some of my magic to cancel out sound so no one can hear our footsteps. The only downside is that it cancels out all sound around us; you won’t be able to speak or hear, even to communicate with us, and if you have any magic that is reliant on sound -- such as an incantation -- you won’t be able to use it until the spell is lifted. It’s not harmful magic, but it can be very jolting and disorienting the first time you experience it.”

Serilda wanted to give them full disclosure on that before simply casting on them. It was a lot of extra steps to take, but ones that would keep them safe and help them avoid running into a group of enemies before they were ready. No matter where the dice fell, once everyone was ready she lead them into the mines, moving in the direction she could sense humanoid activity...

Words: 1350/2500

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 30th June 2019, 10:43 am

It was a bit of a shock to see Kameyama go from inquisitive and patient interrogator to executioner in the matter of seconds. The rock creature was spouting out several indecipherable words but their tone was easily one that offered venom to their states. The Darkness King was slowly rolling his eyes before the hammer was raised and dropped onto the creature’s skull, the sickening crunch acting as a punctuation to the creature’s virulent speech. Mythal’s eyes widened a tad in surprise but the man explained that the Mogu had taken to vile insults and sputter. While that didn’t seem much in terms of matter for imminent destruction, he imagined that the act probably fit the bill – based on his minimal exposure to Kameyama thus far, he couldn’t see him just killing the prisoner for no good reason. Then again, who really knew?

But just as quickly as a judgement and assumption could have been rendered, the man showed even more to his thoughtfulness. Chen was more than ready to take part in their venture but Kameyama was the only one to speak up, refusing his aid or so it seemed at first. When the God Slayer turned to look at the other man in question, he then changed tactics. He went over to the remains of the Mogu and extracted the dagger he had sheathed. Given its creation for a creature of impressive size, it made for a more fitting blade than the rusted sword Chen was first equipped with. Kameyama informed him that with that, he was more comfortable with him joining but also brought up that retreating wasn’t a cowardly option either. They didn’t know what to expect at the mines and it was entirely possible they could face something even the three of them would have trouble with. Chen seemed to understand, nodding but refusing to back down. It was an impressive speech and Mythal snorted in quiet amusement. This man was far more than he seemed on the surface.

With everything in order, both Serilda and Mythal summoned their hounds to them and the group left for the mines. The Panda had little trouble guiding them to the excavated outcrop. Upon arrival, they discovered that… well, the entryway was very minimally guarded. It was true that the Mogu and their king hadn’t experienced any true rebellion but such limited protection was weak at best, stupid at worst. Serilda very easily activated her Void magic and did away with the two guards at their posts, merging them with the rock ground beneath as a means of keeping them quiet and unable to recover. With that, the Voidwalker took a moment to sense through some of the mine shafts and conclude that no one else was there as back up. She went on to explain that she’d have little trouble guiding them through the tunnels with her senses but if they were going to sneak up on crew within, they needed to be completely stealth. No noise and no being spotted. With that, she looked at Mythal and went into detail a bit about his magic and how combining with hers would serve as both a benefit and a hindrance.

“I’ll make a dome full of darkness that wraps around the mines. I can feel where most of their bodies are moving through the shadows; it’ll be quick enough that they’ll think the lamps went out. But they ain’t gonna think it’s natural – they’ll probably be on high alert right away. They’ll just have a hard time doin’ anything about it without stumblin’ over their own feet. Once we’re in there, we should take out what guards we can before droppin’ the act and engagin’ them. Chen, stick close to Gren and Xiuhco; they’re good at removin’ people runnin’ around durin’ battle. And the three of us will do most of the heavy liftin’.” He waited until everyone was in agreement and, counting that they were, he would extended his magic outward. A literal plume of black magic would erupt from deep inside the caverns, expanding outwards until it took form on the outlying shelves of mountain rock, barely noticeable from their positions. Then with a nod, he would give Serilda the all clear so they could head inside.

IslandsRune Knights
    1171/2500

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Demon Slayer- Christian Minecraft Server- Achiever- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 5th September 2019, 7:45 am

As the four ventured towards the mines, there was a sudden thickening of the mist between him and his compatriots. Before he could ask any questions, the trail lead to a cave. Upon entering, he would find himself alone, but not alone for a mere moment. Within the cave, where nothing existed and time did not flow, his body transformed and gained a new sense of self, sense of understanding and skill. Unfortunately it came with innumerable new questions and mysteries about what had just infused itself with him, all of which would have to be answered when they weren’t on a quest to fight a Lightning Infused God Demon Beast. He couldn’t remain in there forever, of course, and with a single step too far, he was gone from this cave for good.

Looking behind him for the cave, he found that the deep mist had dissipated, leaving the normal dampness that permeated the island. In fact, leaving the cave found him just behind the others, as though he had merely missed a single step due to daydreaming. His outfit had somewhat changed, however, oddly clean in such a harrowing predicament. Otherwise it was the same, and it was at that moment that he realized that the thickening mist he’d fallen into had not been experienced by his allies. Quickening his step to match their pace, he fumbled with the new abilities behind his back, attempting to create a small pin from the liquid metal. From an outward appearance, it would seem like he was testing the limits of his own skills in the magic-dampened state of the island.

It wasn’t like anyone knew that he couldn’t do any of this until just a minute ago.

When they arrived at the mines, the two of them quickly relayed their plan of action. It was clear that they had done this more than once. Kameyama could not hide his amazement at the abilities of his newfound allies. Although due to his nature it played off more as Old Man Bemused By Kids These Days, he had to consider exactly what he could do in this situation.

As they spoke, he knew he had to think quickly about his own set of abilities, and what he figured he could add to their efforts. Considering the rush of lessons that had been crammed into his brain within the cave, he filed through everything that could theoretically be done with the abilities he had and found something very stupid, but also potentially helpful. He offered in a quiet voice, “In the silence and darkness, it’ll probably be tough for the slaves to get out of the cave, even with the help of your loyal friends. I think perhaps I can…” He pressed his hand against the side of the cave and, very slowly, a metal railing extended at about arm height. Well, arm height for a Pandaren. This time was considerably easier due to the metal existing within the mine already. He was merely bringing it out and shaping it. “Yeah, I’ll make a rail leading through the mines as we move through it. Then everyone just has to keep a hand on the rail. Should reduce the panic of the prisoners until they can be lead to safety. Also when the fighting happens, I can pull my fair share. I feel like that goes without saying.”

Chen looked at him for a moment and said, “Didn’t you used to have a hammer?”

“Oh,” Kameyama looked down at his free hand. He’d had the hammer when he entered the cave. It slowly, with great effort, began to extend from his sleeve. It stopped after a fashion, retreating back into his sleeve. It wasn’t the same hammer, unfortunately. But a replica would do just fine. “Yeah. I'm ready. Let's go.”

1150/2500

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 21st September 2019, 9:07 am

Seri Banner
    Conviction never shames nor condemns us.
    It calls us back to who we truly are.
    It was decided that they would move forward with the plan she proposed, with a few additional suggestions from her companions. Since it would be difficult for them to communicate with one another after she cast her spell, she waited until everyone indicated that they were ready to go. Before that happened, Kameyama revealed yet another surprise to them. Reaching out toward the wall, he manipulated the ore in the natural stone to produce a rail made of pure metal. She frowned slightly in curiosity. Had he been able to manipulate metal in such a way all this time? Serilda couldn’t recall watching him do so, but she didn’t know the man terribly well yet so in the end she shrugged it off. He certainly wasn’t inclined to tell them everything about himself, and as far as she knew this was just another facet of his magic that they simply hadn’t been exposed to yet.

When everyone was ready, the voidwalker cast Dead Space. Immediately, any and all sound cancelled out completely. There were no birds chirping, no rustling of clothing as they shifted… not even the slightest noise from the light breeze or even ringing in the ears. They were totally and completely deaf, a sensation that very few people had ever experienced. It was more than a little disorienting, or at least it probably would be to Kameyama and Chen. She gave them a minute to catch their bearings and acclimate to the change before nodding to Mythal to go ahead and drop his spells that would fill the area with darkness and let his allies see in it.

Once everyone was set, Serilda took point. As far as she was aware she was the person in the group that could withstand the most damage, so it made sense for her to take the lead. Any surprise attacks or dangers that came up she would be more than able to handle. Plus, she was typically pretty good at keeping targets busy enough that harder hitting mages, like Mythal, could swoop in and deliver crucial blows more easily.

Down into the mines they wandered, with nothing but Serilda’s Void Sense to tell them what direction they needed to go. Thankfully, even with the dampening of their magics on this strange island she was able to feel the location of where many people were gathered as well as which route would get them to where they needed to go quickly. The people they walked toward did not seem to be too terribly deep into the mines, and given her family’s business Serilda was more than used to navigating a seeming labyrinth of endless tunnels. She practically felt like she was back at home.

Before long, they arrived in a decent sized cavern where a number of the natives were toiling away like slaves with pickaxes at the precious ores and gems in the walls. Watching over them were several of the Mogu, most of which were standing around looking bored. Or at least, they had been until the darkness and silence hit. Once they couldn’t see or hear anything, almost everyone was freaking out, their mouths moving like they were trying to talk or yell at one another but no noise emerging.

Serilda used a well practiced hand signal with Xiuhcoatl, pointing at the natives, and the wolf immediately got to work. Dodging the Mogu as they tried to swing weapons around, Xiuh gently began to tug on the clothing of the panda people one by one, drawing them closer to the exit and to the rail that Kameyama had created for them to follow. Knowing that the others would move forward and position themselves wherever they thought best, Serilda withdrew Moonlight and used it to counter attack any Mogu that got too close to the slaves that the wolf was trying to help. Mythal’s darkness was so thick that even the light of her holy blade barely shined through the mess.

Her scimitar moved swiftly through the air to block swords and hammers that were being erratically swung out of fear and anger. She deftly parried a couple blows, deflecting them away from civilians she was trying to protect. At the same time, she kept an eye on what the others were doing. Ideally, she wanted to try and get all the slaves out of the combat zone and heading back up to the surface before any of them started to unleash too much magic power. Mine shafts were dangerous and often tedious -- too much shaking and blasting could cause a cave in, completely defeating the purpose of what they were trying to accomplish here. And while Serilda had faith in her own abilities to fight against that should one happen, it would be easier on everyone if they did everything in their power to avoid such an incident entirely...

WORDS: 2161/2500 | @Mythal Ragnos @Raiji Kameyama
    Serilda Sinclair

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 4th October 2019, 8:24 pm

The plan was set completely, almost. Kameyama spoke up, offering an alternative to simply relying on the hounds to get the innocents out of the caves. And as a means of presenting his option, he touched the side of the cavern wall and created… well, it looked very much like a beam of metal. In fact, upon closer inspection, it was a railing. Kameyama offered to continue to make the metal beam as they moved through the caverns, creating a veritable track for the Panda people to follow. The wolves were a good option but this was better. He nodded firmly. “Works for me. Good thinkin’,” he remarked with a glance over to the other man. They hadn’t seen a whole lot out of the other wizard, beyond their escape from the sinking ship and the earlier battle. He certainly hadn’t seen any signs of metal manipulation… but then again, Mythal hadn’t exactly presented his magic for all to see when he first joined Fairy Tail either. Holding cards close to the chest kept others from figuring out one’s weaknesses.

Once they were set, they began their descent. Serilda cast her Dead Space spell and the Darkness King took a second to focus his senses within its bubble. As soon as he did, his hand rose up, shaking slightly as if it was stressed for effort. The darkness within the caverns intensified, grew until it overwhelmed every path and tunnel in a pitch black wall. He brought up the bubble until its outer edge was just past them, ending several feet before the end of Kameyama’s railing. But in the darkness, they could see perfectly; no doubt with the Dead Space and the sudden dark vision, Chen and Kameyama were probably a bit… surprised. Then again, who knew just how experienced Kameyama was beyond himself? Chen seemed to be holding on pretty well considering.

Serilda led them down into the tunnels, taking the lead as she was oft to do in such situations. Her defensive capabilities were astounding; a perfect combination with the utter destructive and offensive powers awarded to Mythal. With her acting as the shield, he was more than capable of swiftly moving about like a wielded sword. The addition of Kameyama and Chen would only make those attacks even harder to weather. They kept close to the Field Marshall as she navigated their path for them, her senses allowing her to see everything beyond. With the darkness at full capacity, Mythal could feel the frightened movements of both the Mogu and their prisoners. Soon they arrived at the caverns, where the enslavers were panicking. They were trying to speak to one another, flailing their arms about to find one another. More than a few weapons accidently struck allies, nearly starting a full riot. With them in close proximity to the prisoners, that was too dangerous. It was time to put them down and quick.

Much like Serilda, Mythal flashed a signal to Gren and the hound took off after his sister, only peeling off to start at a different end of the slaves. The Darkness King burst forward, landing a solid punch into one of the Mogu with enough strength to send him flying against the wall. He backspun and twisted over flying weapons, landing on both feet to send a spinning kick at another slave driver and knock him into another one. Then he flipped over them and landed down on top of their heads, driving them practically conjoined fronts into the ground.

Several of the Mogu could barely make out the light from Serilda’s weapon, already deeming it their invaders. While others may have been worried about the overwhelming numbers, the God Slayer simply went about his business taking out the bastards. Serilda held her ground without wavering, blocking and countering strikes at her like the seasoned fighter she was. As the beasts were knocked off guard, Mythal snuck in to grab at limbs and throw them against walls, wooden beams and other objects about the room to weaken them. Finishing kicks and punches were dealt to the weakened, taking them out of the fight and thinning the herd.

IslandsRune Knights
    1865/2500

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 5th October 2019, 6:28 am

“Thank you,” Kameyama responded respectfully to Mythal. Given his predisposition towards silence, Kameyama figured that praise from the young man was a rare thing and made sure to acknowledge it.

This was absolutely disorienting. It was strange to discover what you missed when you could no longer hear anything.  Things that you thought you didn’t notice, like the scrapes of the feet of people around you, the soft breathing of others letting you get an inkling of their location. Your own heartbeat. He shut his eyes, downing himself completely and forcing himself to get a grip.

The other two were moving with the ferocity that they normally had, and he was once again proving the weak link in this terrifying trio. What could he do to regain the connection that he’d had before? As if to answer his query, with his next step he felt hard stone beneath him. No shoes or comforting leather beneath his feet, but the stone itself. He looked down. The ability of Mythal allowed him to see. To the others it would appear as though he was still wearing shoes, but the soles were gone beneath them, allowing him to feel his way through the silence. It helped. His clothing being created by and controlled completely by the metal inside his body wasn’t something that he was used to and it answering his mental needs definitely wasn’t something he expected, but at the moment he was thankful for something that grounded him.

He was briefly reminded of days as a child, running through the grasslands with not a care, dirtying his feet to the point of staining the wooden floors within his family’s cottage. Opening his eyes wide, he continued along with the others, feeling out his own ability as they were moving. The clouds of this island were still dampening their abilities, but something felt a bit off. Unlike his electric skills which had been numbed almost completely, these new metal harnessing abilities were only dampened slightly.

Perhaps it was due to being a part of this island? Some greater gift? He continued along, creating the railing as he followed the lead of the other two.

When time came to fight, of course, he was still a candle to the solar coronae that the other two presented. If he couldn’t fight strong, he would fight smart. As he slid through to the area that had been deemed the battlefield, he found little nicks and crannies in which to slide himself. He grabbed the hands of the Panda people and placed them on the rails, giving them the guidance towards the exit that they needed. Keeping them out of harm’s way would be top priority.

But that wasn’t the extent of his skill. Every movement was testing his new skills, and doing his best to keep up with the ever-amazing skills of his newfound allies. Where Mythal shoved the massive Mogu against walls, Kameyama used the metal within the mines to jut out giant metal hammers to knock them unconscious or worse depending on where they were caught. This was in response to the seeming displeasure when he’d smashed the other Mogu’s head in before. This way there was much less exposed brain.

When their power spiked just a bit too much, ugly and makeshift metal struts caught the buttresses to keep them in place. This, combined with occasional bursts of electricity on anything that didn’t look friendly, would easily prove that he could at least be the candle in the darkness.

1752/2500

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Rumble of the Thunder King Empty A Challenger Appears!

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 16th April 2020, 2:00 pm

Alright so real talk. Who would expect a boat to crash into a freaky magic island surrounded by strange fog and panda people? Not Tsubasa, that’s who. Unfortunately for literally everyone who may have needed his help, he had been feeding Ahab when the boat suddenly crashed, which threw the small creature into the freezing water. Potentially forsaking literally dozens of humans, Tsubasa had instinctively dove into the water to grab his flying squirrel who, incidentally, could not swim. There was less than an instant between the two of them falling and diving respectively, with the young man catching his friend and pulling him into a mommy fall as they headed for the water. He hit the water hard at roughly the same time as one of the pieces of flotsam, the latter breaking the surface tension for Tsubasa to smash into the water and just hurt a little bit instead of a lotta bit.

Though it was not his first move that had been act first, think never, he managed to secure the little creature, though the hazardous waves still threatened to take them to the briny depths. Attempting to connect to the limited water spells he knew, he found nothing, grappling with the fact that he had lost that connection. The water was harsher than he expected, for he was not as sturdy as others may have been. Struggling against the currants, he reached behind him and pulled what looked like a skateboard from his back. He had no idea if this thing would work underwater, but had no other choice, squirming and writhing against the water. He held the board with his hands and shoved his hand on the ignition, causing the repellent energy to work against the water, albeit not as easily as it would have if he had been on the ground.

Once it made surface, however, it picked up speed exponentially and began to race towards the island. It did so silently, therefore drawing no real attention to the boy and his squirrel. As they neared the island, he nearly passed by someone who had been missed by the others and seemed to be drowning. Such a thing was difficult to see and even more-so in fog this thick, but making a turn around to confirm, Tsubasa reached a hand out and grabbed the person. He now had one hand gripping a very fast hoverboard and another gripping a passenger, with the squirrel he had jumped into the water to save now clinging to his face. When the three of them made landfall, he let the passenger go, depositing them (relatively) unscathed onto the beach, while he, the creature and the hoverboard continued forward. It was only at the last moment that he saw a figure in front of them and powered the board down, gravity forcing them forward ass over skull until he smashed into a large, furry belly.

Looking up at the creature, Tsubasa’s eyes widened. A Pandaman. A Pandanian. He had no weapons on him but scooted back to give himself room to fight this awful new opponent. Instead, the giant furry beast reached down and offered him a hand up. “That was a sight to see, young speedster.” It pulled him up with such force that Tsubasa was lifted off the ground for a moment, before being deposited on his feet. The Pandapovian helped dust the sand off of him (without asking permission, rude) and introduced himself as Ping Penscrawl, a storyteller and scribe for his village. Looking behind him, Tsubasa saw that other Pandanese were helping the survivors to get up, get situated and retrieve whatever they could.

Among the survivors were two really cool looking people who seemed to step out of a movie. They were as soaking wet as anyone else, but they really seemed to rock the look. The female one was really, really hot, and… I mean the guy was too. Like in that ‘I don’t care’ type of way. Did that take work, he wondered, or was that just a thing some guys could do? Could he learn to do it eventually? He wondered if there were lessons somewhere.

Turning his attention mostly from them, he started to find his hoverboard. It had been thrown  As Tsubasa went to help the others, the squirrel in his hoodie was scooping water out of the hood like a miniature flood victim. At one point he plopped a tiny little fish out of there and started to shake his fur dry, “What the hiccup just happened??”

“Well,” Tsubasa responded casually, grabbing his hoverboard, checking it for damage, then returning it to its slot on his back. “I think we were on a boat to go get those scrolls, and then the boat crashed. Then, I think you fell overboard and I saved your life. So. Not gonna forget that anytime soon.” He started to help people up and make sure no one was too severely injured. He knew how to perform basic first aid and with the help of the Pandavians, there were no critical injuries.

Over the next few days, he kept busy, working with the Pandaranians to create meals for the groups and swapping cooking techniques with this new race of people. They shared stories with the stranded party and eventually let on that this fog was probably something super weird happening, which was stopping everyone from using magic. After a little while, he watched from afar as three of them, including the two hot ones, started talking about what to do moving forward. Just as he was going to try to offer an idea, the entire situation was stopped by the arrival of a bunch of stone dog faced men who decided to be a bunch of jerks.

The third figure, an older man who looked really cool but wasn’t hot like the other two, tried to talk to them. Unfortunately that ended with the three people beating the shit out of the stone dog men. It was then that they decided that they must go off and do some things in order to make the fog go away. They took a Pandanan with them, which left the group relatively unprotected. Therefore, rather than offer his own services as an awesome hero, Tsubasa elected to stay with the stranded.

However, in an entirely characteristic move, a day or so passed before he began to get antsy. They hadn’t come back and the fog hadn’t been lifted. There had been no discussion of how long it would take them to get to where they were going, solve the problem and return, and the insecurity of that was making him want to do something. This problem was unfortunately solved when, in the middle of the day, the Pandajin began murmuring and the women and children headed back into their houses.

The male Pandapopulous stood in a straight wall before the city and Tsubasa had to push and squirm through the black and white fur in order to get a look at what was happening. There seemed to be an argument between one of the elders and another one of the stone dogmen. Thankfully this dogman seemed to be alone, but he looked bigger than the others. A Captain maybe. Captain Dogman. Lieutenant Dogmansir, perhaps.One of his face-tusks had been sheered off by something, and it didn’t seem like it was capable of growing back. Was that true for other animals? Not to call this guy an animal but—

His mind wandering was cut short when the Captain Lieutenant Dogmansir produced an axe of massive proportions and raised it above his head at the elder Pandapoodle. Time to move, Tsubasa thought, squeezing himself through the crowd.

“Tsubasa what are you doing?” Ahab whispered.

“Somethin’ stupid I bet,” The young man responded. His hoverboard was already on the ground and he activated the thing, pushing himself forward with surprising speed. He focused his personal energy on a simple spell, a push of energy that, truthfully, wouldn’t even reach the Dogman, but it didn’t need to. The energy that it provided was enough for Tsubasa to catch the tail of, boosting his speed even further to get him between the two in time. He had been cooking at the time of the intrusion, and thus the sleeves of his hoodie had been pushed up. With a quick jerking motion of his forearm, he dropped the hoodie and threw his arm up in between the axe and the elder as he grabbed the black and white senior and pushed him out of the way of the strike.

The force of which had caused him to stumble off of the ride and barely catch the hoverboard before it zoomed off. Sparing a glance to ensure that the elder was fine, he looked up at Captain Lieutenant Dogman who was rounding on him now. The two of them locked eyes. Tsubasa knew that his power was severely dampened right now, but as long as he held eye contact with this guy, he could maybe—

In a surprisingly serious voice, Tsubasa asked, “What are you afraid of?” And although the warrior couldn’t understand the words, he stopped in his tracks as he seemed to be able to understand the sentiment. His eye twitched and he dropped his weapon, lost in his own fears for the briefest of moments. The magic wouldn’t last much longer than that, but that was all he needed. Getting to his feet, Tsubasa hoisted the weapon up just enough to slice through the gut of the stone man. He let out a muffled grunt and fell to the ground in a heap.

Such a big axe had weighed even more than it looked. It was only the adrenaline that had allowed him to pick it up in the first place. He dropped the weapon, which shattered under its own weight, and examined his own arm. Without the protection of his hoodie, that strike would have likely taken his arm clean off. Although there was a red stain of fresh blood underneath, he seemed to be more or less in tact. He put that first aid to use, grabbing gauze from his pack and applying it to his arm. The little creature that had been in his hood was now assisting in the application, using a cotton swab to clean the wound before it was wrapped.

“He said they knew that the others were coming,” The elder said. “You must try and warn them. They could be walking into a trap!!”

“I’m on it,” Tsubasa grabbed his hoverboard and under his breath he said, “Oh no, if only we knew someone who was incredibly fast and cool and could catch up with them.” He looked around and grabbed a chunk of the axe's remains, what appeared to now be a makeshift dagger. He took off in a sprint, throwing the board underneath him and sped off towards the others.

WC: 1829/2500

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 20th April 2020, 2:33 pm

Seri Banner
    Conviction never shames nor condemns us.
    It calls us back to who we truly are.
    Between the three of them, getting the panda people out of the mine and dispatching the mogu had been a cinch. Kageyama’s neat trick of creating a railing for the others to follow toward the surface made it easy for the civilians to go straight to the top without having to worry about getting lost. Between Mythal and Serilda, the Mogu barely served much of a threat, even with their magics being dampened. Add to that the fact that their current companion wasn’t a pushover, easily crafting things out of his metal magic to beat and bash their enemies with, and in no time at all the battle was over and settled.

Once everything was settled, Serilda made her way back out, following after the others so she could check on them. They had been horribly treated, their fur covered in filth and wounds both fresh and old. She quickly got to work checking them over and healing people where she could, after explaining that they had come from the village to take them back home. Most of them seemed surprised, and apprehensive at first, but given the evidence of how they’d been saved and the mogu in the area defeated, most of them came around pretty quickly.

While she was tending to some of the wounded, her void sense shifted to alert her of an incoming presence -- a quick one. “Someone’s coming,” she told the others, positioning herself defensively between the incoming body and the pandamen. Rather than a mogu, however, it was a young man that Serilda recognized as being part of their group that had been in the boat crash, soaring up on a skateboard like object that had no wheels. She stood down immediately as she knew he was an ally, but the fact that he had chanced coming there on his own wasn’t exactly reassuring for her.

“Is everything okay?” she asked, clearly concerned that he was trying to track them down due to some other danger befalling the people back at the village.

WORDS: 2508/2500 | @Mythal Ragnos @Tsubasa Kageyama
    Serilda Sinclair

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 20th April 2020, 7:31 pm

It wasn’t often that Serilda and Mythal found a third companion that could pretty much fight at a similar level than them. That wasn’t to say that other mages didn’t have any kind of semblance of how to use their magic in a combat situation -- it was more that the couple had developed such a smooth partnership in battle that adding a third cog to the machine generally didn’t make it work any better or worse. Yet Kameyama had proven himself a reliable third, his ability to work with metal not only aiding the two Rune Knights but, more importantly, helping to guide the captured pandamen out of the caves. And when any of the mogu decided that he was a prime target, they found themselves beset with painful blows for different metal creations. Before long, the battle had come to a quick and decisive end.

With a deep sigh, Mythal released the magical blanket that had darkened the entirety of the caves. As the world began to come back into view, Serilda headed back up the tunnel that they had entered through, the same that the captured slaves had escaped back out of. He took a moment to look around the room, crimson eyes scanning over the several rocky bodies that now filled the cave. He looked them over carefully, walking over to several of the mounds and ensuring they weren’t getting back up again. The last thing they needed was one of these monsters playing dead and then escaping through some backdoor somewhere to warn the rest of the usurper’s army. Once he was satisfied that everyone was staying down for the count, he headed back up top.

As he came up to the surface, he surveyed the survivors of the mines. They did not look well at all; in fact, it was safe to say that some of them were probably lucky to be alive. Their were malnourished beyond belief, their fur matted and falling out in several places. Cuts that hadn’t healed correctly and injuries from whips and rocky fists were present over most of their bodies. It was enough to make the God Slayer’s blood boil, his fixed gaze getting a bit harder as he looked about. Serilda was doing her best to heal whoever she could and it was then that he truly wished he had some kind of healing magic as well. He glanced down at his hands, sighing softly. All his power was destructive, even after he had taken control of it. But perhaps that was just because of how he was trained, how he had thought. Maybe if he tried hard enough, he could find a way to morph his magic into something more helpful beyond punching and kicking enemies.

Mythal didn’t get a whole lot of time to ponder on it though, as Serilda spoke up about a presence approaching quickly. His own magical senses picked up on the fast moving body as it came towards them and like Serilda, he walked into a place that he and her were between the approaching force and the injured pandamen. But as the person got closer, it became increasingly apparent that they weren’t some kind of enemy. No, in fact, they were one of the survivors from the wreck. A younger kid, probably in his mid to late teens, was riding some kind of… skateboard or something towards them at an impressive speed.

But why was he coming? The only reason that anyone would come racing in at such a ridiculous rate would have to be because something terrible was coming to the town. It seemed Serilda was thinking the same thing, waiting until the young man was right in front of them before asking if things were okay back at the village. Gods forbid that another force had come to check on the original group of mogu -- if they saw the devastation, there was no telling what kind of damage they would do to the other pandamen.

IslandsRune Knights
    2533/2500

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 22nd April 2020, 9:55 am

Making his way towards them grew a little more difficult as Tsubasa set off, since the trail was an indirect one, and his magical sensing abilities were severely dampened in the fog of this strange island. Since he couldn’t see, he was at least smart enough to keep his voice down. “I can’t sense a dang thing in this fog crap. Are you having any luck Ahab?

Yeah,” Ahab said, one hand on Tsubasa’s cheek as he pointed up a slight trail that would lead them west. The speed of the vehicle with Tsubasa’s own energy accompanying it, even in this dampened place, caused his little wings to puff out slightly, reminding one of a partially opened skydiver’s parachute. “There are four of them literally right there.

Tsubasa looked up in that direction and saw, sure enough, four more of the giant stone men were heading up the path, looking battle ready and hardened. Each of them carried oversized weapons, average sized for them, except for the leader who had to be compensating for something with an axe that was quite literally taller than Tsubasa himself. It rested on his shoulder with all the seeming weightlessness of an end of school year backpack. “Ah dang.

He looked around and assessed the situation, trying to find a proper way to slow down or halt these four. Each of them individually weighed at least three times what he did, and his powers were dampened in this field of fog. All he had was the dagger he’d created/stolen from the other stone dog man’s weapon, and his wits. He put together a plan in his mind— He put together half of a plan in— He had an idea, and went with it, lowering his body to alter his center of gravity, keeping his speed boosting further with just a few adjustments.

Since his power was limited here, he knew he’d have to focus harder to bring it to bear. He gathered up energy in his hands and, raced into the group, coming in from behind and making no real sounds they would be able to hear. As he reached the middle of the four, he slammed his hands down and sent out an electric current that seemed to hold them in place, allowing him to navigate through them and wind up in front of the most powerful one, the one carrying the oversized axe.

Hey,

The Dog Man Fighter roared in sudden rage and swung his weapon. The difference in speed now, combined with Tsubasa’s natural dexterity gave the young man the time he needed to reach out and press his hand against the axe. He definitely couldn’t stop it with his bare hand, that wasn’t even an option. What he did, however, was use the stone properties of the axe against itself, summoning out of the opposite side of the weapon. Not only did it completely reverse the momentum of the weapon, the fist punched the large warrior straight in the face.

Flipping around, Tsubasa widened his eyes in a glare against the four man dog people, the force of which threw him backwards, in the direction he wanted to be going, while the residual energies held the fighter dog men in place. They would keep coming, but it would take them a little bit to get it together. Still, an ambush of only four against these supposed invaders? It didn’t quite seem right to Tsubasa.

As he turned a corner up towards the mountain, he could faintly feel the energy of three other mages and a bunch of Pandaren. What he didn’t see in time was that this part of the mountain path also fed from another that came from another portion of the island. He nearly smashed into another man dog fighter, barely managing a swerve just in time. He locked eyes with him and saw the six other dog man men fighters behind him. Yeah. That sounded more like it.

He let out another force blast from his eyes, slowing their progress while increasing his own. He reached the caverns just as the others were exiting, seemingly having sensed him as well. “Ambush coming, Sorry. Hi. I’m Tsubasa.” Tsubasa said, “Ambush. There are at least eleven of them not even a minute away. They know you’re coming for the big… the… Electric Lord. It seems like they wanna make an example of the intruders. You. Us, now, since I’m here.

WC: 741/2570
    Total WC: 7611/7500

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 4:28 am