Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Thrice the Charm... More Times the Harm

Digit v2
    Digit v2

Player 
    Lineage : Successor of Flame
    Position : None
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 2,502,666

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ???
    Second Skill: ???
    Third Skill: ???

Thrice the Charm... More Times the Harm Empty Thrice the Charm... More Times the Harm

Post by Digit v2 8th June 2020, 5:43 pm

Free form Misssion

"How hard can it be?"

Levinia placed her hands on her hips and pouted at the bar tender. The large swarthy man met her defiant glare with a calm gaze of his own, as he rubbed a plate dry with a napkin. "I won't do it if I were you, that's all," he replied with that languid accent that somehow made Levie want to harass him a little. Everyone she had met in the tavern had sung the praises of Big Olaf, saying that he was wise and stuff, he knew the missions that would cause trouble and the ones that would be a walk in the park. According to them, if Olaf said that the mission contract in her hands was a bust, then it was a bust. Levinia didn't think that was sufficient reason to advice her to drop this one. Besides, if she was correct, this would take her another step further in helping those who could not defend themselves.

Perhaps it was wise to find out why Olaf had disapproved taking that mission. According to some other adventurers hanging around, once they had read the details and asked a thing or two from the sagely barkeep, they had dropped the contract immediately and sought out others, even missions that were less well paying. Now that was strange. Most adventurers took the more expensive quests first, so that implied that this mission was going to have a serious catch.

"Okay, why would you suggest that I shouldn't do this? Yeah, it looks tough and all that, but who wouldn't feel more confident with their pockets jingling with more jewels?"

Olaf smiled and put the plate away. "Well, kid, unless you want to fight against an entire army, you'll pin it back up on the notice board."

"An army?" Levinia burst into laughter. Olaf was surely pulling her legs. Fighting an army required raising an army of one's own, and such a thing was not usually the kind of work mages were asked to do. "You're surely exaggerating, Mr. Olaf. I think I should be able to take on fifty persons, or even a hundred... I'm not boasting or anything, mind. I'm just saying that you can't call a small band of hired thugs an army."

Olaf stared at the girl with surprise, then he threw back his head and laughed. It was a rich laugh, pure mirth at something she had said, and had Levinia (who admittedly was in a mildly testy mood) not felt he was laughing at her expense, she could have liked the way he laughed. She resumed the pout and glared comically at him. Olaf raised his hands in a placatory offer. "Now, now, I apologize for laughing, kid. Didn't mean any offense." He put down his hands, though the apologetic smile stayed. "I was just amused that you thought I was referring to a hundred men or thereabouts."

Something sank in Levinia's stomach. "I... I don't understand."

Olaf's expression became more serious. "I'll be level with you, kid. Baron Malley has an army. By army, I mean a-r-m-y." Levinia's eyes slowly widened. "Uh... how many people are we talking about here?"

"Ten thousand strong. As expected, the army has units. Foot soldiers, archers, cavalry, and his elite fighting force."

Levinia's head swam. What sort of mission was this? How was anyone expected to go up against an army? Okay, Olaf was certainly brimming with wisdom. She would just quietly place the mission back where she had picked it from... then a thought struck her, one that filled her heart with a burden. "So, if nobody takes this mission, what will happen to the one who put it up?"

"Well, from what's stated there, they need protection from Malley's boys because they crossed him somehow. He's going to send his army against that town, and they'll stamp it into the ground. The children that are lucky to survive will likely be sold into slavery." Olaf's mood fell. "I pity the poor fellows, and I sure don't envy them."

Levinia felt her heart would be unable to take this. "Where are all the powerful 'good guys'? Can't anyone do something?"

"Well, there are those who are probably strong enough to face that army, if they went with their guild or something. From my experience, though, it is rare for anyone to pick a mission such as this, and even rarer for the mission to succeed. That's why it's a ten year mission; things like this are successful like once every ten years."

Levinia was torn between taking this mission and putting it back. She knew she had become way stronger than she had ever been, but she was not sure if she could take on an entire army by herself. Maybe she could find someone to help her. Or perhaps this was bigger than she was. Like Olaf, it was saddening, but he couldn't do anything about it, and perhaps she couldn't, too. Just as self-preservation had almost convinced her to pin the contract back on the wall, she heard someone whisper to her colleague, "Hand over the money, Bille; I told you she was going to drop the contract."

Something in Levinia snapped.

She looked up at Olaf, an angry light in her eyes. "Well, someone better tell Baron Malley that if he doesn't back off those villagers, he won't have an army to command."

"Kid, don't."

"If I don't, who will? Don't try to dissuade me; just wish me luck."

Olaf sighed, like he had seen this before. "You're a very brave kid. I'll pray for your safe return. If you survive, I'll throw you a celebratory party in your honor."

Levie grinned. "Hear that, folks? Free drinks on the house when I get back. See y'all around."

She had tried to make the mood cheerier, but she was replied with halfhearted farewells. Thanks to her magic, as she left, she even sensed some guy remove his hat and bow his head, like he was having a moment of silence, as people did in honor of the dead. What an inspiring way to start a tough mission.

Half a day later, Levinia sat in a carriage headed for Era, struggling to distract herself from macabre thoughts. She had been reading a magazine, and someone had given her idea. She'd heard that there was someone who hosted an "agony aunt" section in the widely read Sorcerer's Magazine, and people said she was quite powerful, too. So far, reading the "Dear Seri" articles convinced her that whoever this woman was, she was quite wise. So, Levinia had a battle plan: she would find "Seri", and convince her to aid her to help gather an army that could match Malley's own. Since "Seri" was quite famous, provided the woman had the time to listen to her, she ought to have some connections that she could make use.

"Please, Dear Seri, be a nice person..."

It was not quite difficult to find where "Dear Seri" was, although Levinia was slightly surprised when she found herself standing in front of the Rune Knights headquarters. Perhaps "Dear Seri" had an office in there... yes, she probably did, maybe being an honorary member of the Knights or something.

Levinia pulled all the courage she could muster, walked in through the doors and went straight to the reception office. She smiled at the woman behind the counter and said:

"Hello, and good morning. I'd like to speak with Dear Seri. Any chance she might be in?"

WC: 1256/20000

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Scion of the Void King
    Position : Goddess of Conviction
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Experience : 12,421,054

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Voidwalking
    Second Skill: Sword of Wrath
    Third Skill: Cruorthurgy

Thrice the Charm... More Times the Harm Empty Re: Thrice the Charm... More Times the Harm

Post by Serilda Sinclair 23rd June 2020, 11:17 am

Seri Banner
    Conviction never shames nor condemns us.
    It calls us back to who we truly are.
    Weddings were time consuming projects, particularly the closer it got to the date of the ceremony. They were still a couple months away, but the date was closing in fast, particularly when both she and Mythal had a number of other responsibilities and engagements they needed to make room for between wedding planning. Free time was an illusion, or at the very least something that the two of them needed to actively and intentionally schedule some time for. This was easier said than done. If it wasn’t the wedding it was work, if it wasn’t work it was politics (which one could still argue was work for them at this point). After that was all the research they were doing on their own personal time, both on Faera and the Magic Council.

The goddess of Kingdom Darkness had been rather silent ever since Serilda had stormed her realm and made a mockery of one of her strongest generals. This wasn’t necessarily unexpected, of course. The noblewoman knew very well that Faera was a patient deity, one that surely wouldn’t underestimate Serilda or her abilities a second time. Or at least, she would try not to. A lot of changes had happened in Serilda’s life since that battle, things that she’d kept close to the chest to protect both herself and Mythal, as well as those they cared for. However, she was certain that Faera was doing as much of her research as possible, and not just as a logical hunch. Ozorith had already revealed to both Serilda and her fiancee that Faera had even gone so far as to try and get information out of him personally. The demon lord hadn’t given her any information, of course, but even he had admitted that didn’t mean a whole lot. Faera wouldn’t need much to get the ball rolling, and he was certain that the goddess would find a way to strike at Serilda directly with her next move, rather than at Mythal.

What time they had that wasn’t filled with trying to anticipate Faera’s next move was spent investigating the Council in secret. The Field Marshal had suspected the Council of nefarious intent for quite some time now. In fact, ever since Serilda had taken up the post of rebuilding and running the Rune Knights, she had come across quite a number of shady coincidences that made her think that quite a number of them might be dark mages hiding in plain sight, holding positions of extreme power and influence. It hadn’t helped that Wayland had made it very clear before his disappearance that he’d found something dangerous enough to force him into hiding for a while. Serilda was pretty positive at this point that the Council had actually orchestrated the attack on Era over a year ago that had killed the former Field Marshal, with the intent on replacing him with someone they felt they could more easily corrupt and manipulate: herself. Being a noble meant that she was automatically assumed to be corrupt, and Serilda was sure they intended on trying to use her and Mythal at some point.

And for now, she had no intentions of letting them think otherwise.

But at the moment, she had no solid proof to go on, and thus the two of them had been spending a lot of their time trying to get their hands on what they could and waiting in hope for Wayland’s return. The files that Mythal’s father had managed to save from his days in the Rune Knights had been a tremendous help in piecing together a bit more of the puzzle, helping them narrow down those on the Council who they believed were genuine and those who were suspect. However, Gren had given them quite a lot of files to go through, and the most that could be drawn from them was still speculation at best, even if it was more than likely very accurate speculation.

It was nice to have the man back, though. Gren’s return to life had been a shock all around, and a source of both relief and frustration for Mythal. Relief to know that his father was alive, but frustration at knowing that he had been alive for several years and had not revealed himself to his son, who’d spent over a decade feeling responsible for his death. The reunion had been tense, to say the least, and not just for Mythal. But they were taking active steps to forgive and spend time with the man, and the result had been noticeable. Both Mythal and Serilda found it a little easier to be free and unguarded around Gren with each private moment they spent with him. Serilda, at least, was learning to work past her differences with the man, many of which had already been addressed at the end of that first dinner, and the two of them were doing their best to reconcile their differences with one another.

At the moment, Serilda and Mythal were just finishing up their lunch at the Rune Knight headquarters. They didn’t always get the chance to eat together, given that Mythal was still more prone to doing field work than she was and was thus often out of the office more than her. Today was an exception, and she was more than happy to take a break from her busy schedule to get some food with him from the mess hall. They had taken the time to go over a few more wedding details that were due to make decisions on, and to catch one another up on the work they’d been doing that day.

It was on the way back from lunch when the two of them happened to be passing by the main reception area on their way back to their offices, where Serilda overheard her name being spoken. Or rather, she heard the title of the column she wrote for the Sorcerer's Weekly magazine, “Dear Seri”. It was certainly out of place, as the column wasn’t exactly a hot topic around the headquarters most days, so she slowed her gait and turned in the direction of the source. She saw a young woman talking with Valorie at the main desk, with long strawberry blonde hair and fair skin, and it was clear she was trying to see if Serilda was available for a meeting. What was odd about it was that no one had ever come looking for her in person before in relation to the advice column, which barely took up more than a few hours of her life every month or so. Curious, she steered their walk closer to the reception.

“I’m sorry,” Valorie was telling the woman kindly as Serilda and Mythal got closer. “The Field Marshal is here today, but she only takes meetings by appointment, and usually only for Rune Knight business. Normally she doesn’t take visits regarding the magazine at work. If it’s an emergency, I can see if there is an officer available to give you a hand. Or, if you need to speak with Marshal Sinclair personally, I can check to see when her next available appointment…” The clerk’s voice trailed off, her eyes flicking over and catching sight of Serilda and Mythal as they approached. “Good morning, my lady. Director Ragnos. Did you need anything?”

“Good morning, Sergeant. We were just passing by on our way back from lunch and I overheard my name. Just thought I would check in and see if I was needed.”

Valorie nodded. With a courteous smile, she gestured to Levinia. “This young woman was just requesting to meet with you. Did you want her to schedule an appointment..?”

Serilda waved a dismissive hand. “It’s fine, thank you Valorie.” The Sergeant nodded a second time and then went back to work. Turning her full attention to the young woman, Serilda gave her a kind smile and offered a handshake. “I’m Serilda Sinclair, Field Marshal for the Rune Knights. This is the Director, Mythal Ragnos.” She indicated Mythal beside her. Both of them were dressed in the basic black uniform of the Rune Knights, with nothing to mark them as any different from the other Knights gathered in the area aside from the pins on their chests and collars that exposed their ranks as the two in charge of the entire army. “What can we do for you, today?”

WORDS: 1414/1414 | @Digit v2 @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Thrice the Charm... More Times the Harm Empty Re: Thrice the Charm... More Times the Harm

Post by Mythal Ragnos 2nd August 2020, 1:48 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    1020/1020 words || @Serilda Sinclair @Digit v2 || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    A day of rest and relaxation was a rare thing to come by and frankly, Mythal couldn’t remember the last time he had taken it easy. There was a time, over a year ago, where all the responsibilities he shouldered now would have been a living nightmare. He had been comfortable avoiding all of the duties that were afforded him and only taking part in what he chose to. Guild jobs were taken when he truly wanted to participate in something (or at least earn some jewel) but otherwise, he was a laid back person. Things had changed slightly once he and Serilda had begun pairing more often but even then, in his offtime, he was able to just chill.

Not anymore. From the moment he had set foot in Kingdom Darkness, it was like some cruel deity had slammed a finger into the fast forward button and he was struggling to hang onto the pace. Serilda’s invasion, their following escape had seemed to settle the dust only slightly, like a calm before the storm. Both of their lives had been hastily and violently overhauled, even more than either of them had expected. As if that wasn’t enough, it was only a few weeks later that the attack on Era had taken place, systematically wiping out a large portion of the standing Rune Knight forces. Due to their actions, Serilda and Mythal had been offered positions of power and from there on out, their lives picked up even more than before. The bumbling, wandering drunk was gone -- now the Darkness King was a respectable man.

At least on the face of things. His demeanor hadn’t changed much, beyond that of adding an additional layer of grouchiness from the lack of sleep. Mythal enjoyed sleeping in but unfortunately, the Knights operated almost twenty-four hours so his responsibilities never truly came to an end. Early mornings, late evenings and then he decided to add an extra layer by proposing to Serilda. Now they had the extra task of planning a wedding on top of their duties as Rune Knights. It was safe to say that any ‘down’ time that the couple had was spent either preparing for Faera’s retaliation, reviewing paperwork for the Rune Knights or scheduling and prepping the wedding festivities. But that wasn’t enough, was it? No, now he and a small circle of trusted people were also looking into the Magic Council for nefarious deeds.

They’d always operated on the principle that they were there to protect Fiore. It sounded good and clean on the surface of things but seeds of doubt had begun to spread given certain circumstances. A loose end that Serilda had stumbled upon during the Era attack had crafted a curiosity, a question, of the Council’s true alignment within the magical world. Their suspicions had been multiplied after Gren had shown up again and, after conveying their feelings, his own partial evidence had added to the growing pile. There was still a lot to look into and doing so in secret was both dangerous and time-consuming. Mythal’s life was a bit of a time-suck and he did the best he could to manage all fronts with as much patience and calm as he could manage.

He had lucked out on this day, having managed to keep himself within the confines of the Rune Knight HQ rather than being out and on duty. He’d even managed to sit down and eat lunch with Serilda, which was such a rare occurrence these days. The conversation still focused on a few of the subjects that they were working on; missions, investigations and wedding plans. But given that it was happening over food and didn’t require one or both of them running off, it was a nice change of pace. But all good things came to an end and soon enough they were packing up and walking off to get back to their duties. Mythal was in his own little world of focus as they walked through the reception area, brow furrowed and inner concentration etched all over his features. He was going over the neverending list of things he had to look into in his head, making mental notes as he went down checking. He didn’t hear the conversation at the front desk, as he wasn’t often prone to listening into what was happening between Valorie and visitors unless she spoke up to him directly. The headquarters saw people going in and out pretty much throughout the day so eventually he had begun to ignore the stream unless it pertained to him.

But he did notice that Serilda had turned towards the desk, causing the Darkness King to walk a few steps by her before stopping and turning to look back. She was looking towards the desk and his eyes followed her attention, noticing a young blonde woman standing at the desk, the object of Valorie’s stare. He adjusted his direction and followed after Seri, as it seemed she was fully attentive to the woman. Valorie was apologizing to the guest, explaining that the Field Marshall only met with people by appointment and only on Rune Knight business. The sergeant mentioned something about ‘the magazine’ and it took Mythal a moment to remember that Serilda did, in fact, have a column within the Sorcerer’s Magazine. Once the pair had gotten close enough, Valorie turned her attention to the two and greeted them in kind before explaining that the woman was looking to meet with Serilda and had offered her the opportunity to schedule an appointment.

Serilda declined that option, apparently deciding to meet with the woman now rather than later. It would be pretty rude to come over, check in and then walk away after all and Serilda was anything but rude. She introduced herself and Mythal to the girl, offering their full names and ranks as per her proper practice. “How’s it goin’,” the Darkness King said in short, giving the woman a nod of greeting before letting Seri lead the conversation. After all, she was definitely the conversationalist between the two of them.

STATISTICS
    HP: x/y
    MP: x/y
    Spells Used: list them here
    Abilities Active: list them and their effects here
    Weapons Equipped: list/link them here
    Monsters Killed: list here
    Other Notes: reeeeeee this should scroll if you type too much
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Digit v2
    Digit v2

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Digit v2 2nd August 2020, 4:57 pm

The idea that she needed to whip up a group strong enough to defeat ten thousand men had come as a shocker to Levinia, but little did she know that that wasn't the only surprise she was bound to come across that day. Feeling like a fish out of water, what with all the military personnel all around in their prim and proper uniforms, as opposed to her informal dressing (a short-sleeved top, denim pants and combat boots), she felt relieved to see that the receptionist was polite, but she was not very delighted to hear that she might not be able to see "Dear Seri". Almost as if a curtain had been instantly drawn aside in her mind, she suddenly made sense of what the lady was saying. Had she just mentioned a "Field Marshal"? No, that could not be correct. Levinia was not here to see the overall leader of the Rune Knights. All she wanted was just a little advice from a wise woman.

"Um, no... I didn't say anything about a field marshal..." Levinia started to say weakly, when the woman noticed people behind Levinia and greeted them, two if her words were anything to go by. Seeing as she had not attached any name to one of them, simply referring to her as "my lady", Levinia had no idea that the person she was looking for was standing right behind her. The only thing she could discern from the receptionist's address was that the other person was a director... perhaps the director in this military facility. Two important people were here, but they would probably move on, and allow her to better explain herself to the kindly receptionist. It was when the reply came, that Levinia's back stiffened, and the color fled from her face.

How she had not somehow managed to put two and two together, she would never know. She knew most if not all the Gods of Ishgar by name; she knew there were four of them, very powerful beings who could probably bring a continent to its knees. And one of them was "Serilda Sinclair". "Seri" was a diminutive of Serilda, but Levie had never suspected that such a high and mighty defender of Fiore would be involved in such... more mundane matters. At this point of mental acuity, her brain decided to also slip in the fact that a director (being a top position) coupled with a "Ragnos" surname, could not be anything short of the God of Sedulity.

Levinia had a sudden panic attack.

She was very grateful to all her lucky stars that she hadn't fallen to the floor right there, and had managed to keep her knees from buckling, but she instantly began to hyperventilate. "Calm down, Levie. Take deep breaths... deep breaths," Trying to take in deep breaths, which began to help her rapid breathing, she slowly turned round, looking like she had just been spooked by a specter from the afterlife. She found herself looking at two officers clad in black: one, a woman with snow white hair and icy blue eyes; the other, a man with jet-black hair and ruby red eyes. And of course, they were both taller than she was. It was a hard fact for her to deal with, but she had been trying to make peace with that fact, that she was one of the shorter populations of Fiore... but right now, height and physical size hardly mattered. What was currently the most important thing to her was to limit how much of a fool she made herself before these people, because she was very sure she had already started off strong.

Her eyes still wide, she took Serilda's hand with her prosthetic one, and managed a bright smile, though she still looked awestruck. "So, you're 'Dear Seri'!" she blurted out, then kicked herself mentally. Another score for making an idiot out of herself. "No, ah... um, it's a pleasure to meet you, Field Marshall Sinclair, Director Ragnos. I'm Levinia Arx Creuset. It's an honor... an overwhelming one," The last part was actually muttered. To Mythal's more informal greeting, she replied, "Uh, great. It's going great." She giggled nervously.

Meeting two Gods of Ishgar at the same time had simply dismantled all the thoughts and plans she had for presenting her problems to "Dear Seri". She had expected, if she was favored so, to have been ushered to a nice quiet room, where she would talk quietly with a middle-aged, motherly woman over a cup of coffee, and discuss about who she could go to for help. With this new development, nothing was coming in the way of tactful presentation. It would be rude and silly to just stand there, gaping like a fish, instead of answering Serilda's question. She had to say something, but she knew not what.

"Um, okay, I need help. I need your help." Perhaps it was just best to drop it as it was. If they would think she was crazy, they would probably have done so anyway, no matter how well she crafted her words. "I have to fight an army. A big one. And I can't do it alone." Her emotions began to get the better of her. "There's a village who wronged some guy, very rich and wicked kind of person, and now he's going to teach them a lesson by slaughtering all of them. My heart can't just take it; I have to do something, anything at all. But I'm only one girl, and he's got ten thousand men. I know you're really busy people, and I'm very grateful for even bothering to speak to me. I just need some advice, you know? Or, a recommendation, maybe? Anything that might help me win this battle."

She knew that had to be about the weirdest thing Serilda might have heard today, if not in a while. Hopefully, she, or Director Ragnos might be able to set her on a path that would prove victorious in the end.

WC: 1006
    TPWC (Total Personal Word Count): 2262
    TWC: 4696/20,000

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 19th August 2020, 1:21 pm

Seri Banner
    It would be a lie to say that Serilda wasn’t use to strangers having widely different types of reactions when meeting her. Not everyone recognized her right away, despite being a princess, the head of the Rune Knights, and one of the four Gods of Ishgar, but that was never an issue for her. She’d never really been much for titles outside of acknowledging their usefulness in helping her reach other more humble goals that generally involved protecting the country and its citizens, so as such she never really expected everyone to know who she was the moment she walked into a room. On the flip side, there were a vast array of individuals who knew who she was and greeted her with various demeanors ranging from excited, nervous, indifference, and even hatred. Nobles weren’t exactly popular among a lot of common folk, so there were plenty of people unafraid to confront her merely for being born to a different social caste.

This was… a little different.

Her small smile faltered as the young woman began to hyperventilate for a moment. Was this woman scared of her? Serilda’s instinct was to try to calm her down in some fashion, but at the same time acknowledging it was liable to send the woman into a deeper fit. So, rather than speak up, the marshal simply waited patiently for their guest to get herself under control. It only took a couple seconds at most. While there was still visual evidence that the woman was a nervous wreck in their presence, she was making a conscious effort to try and push past that, turning to greet them with a smile that seemed as starstruck as it was anxious. It seemed she had been unaware that she was the author behind the small advice column in the magazine, as she referred to Serilda as “Dear Seri” before correcting herself, greeting them both and introducing herself as Levinia Arx Creuset.

They shook hands and Serilda did her best to maintain and cool and collected demeanor to reassure the other woman. “The pleasure is mine, Miss Levinia,” she replied professionally.

Once Levinia had settled herself enough to start her tale, she wasted no time in getting right down to the brass tacks. She’d come to Serilda to try and get advice on a job she needed to handle, one that involved fighting an entire army. Serilda’s brows settled into a deeply concerned frown as the wizard explained about a village that was being tyrannized by an ill man of wealth and influence, who supposedly intended on slaughtering them. Levinia’s heart was moved to compassion for the innocent people being subjected to his wrath, and she wanted to do something, but didn’t have the power or the support to handle it alone.

She could tell by the sense of urgency in the woman’s voice and body language that this was an immanent and time sensitive issue. Casting a quick glance to Mythal for an unspoken confirmation, Serilda turned back to the front desk, her own demeanor more disciplined and commanding than it was prior. “Valorie, please cancel any appointments we have for the rest of the day. Are any of the reporting rooms free?”

Valorie quickly pulled up a schedule on her laptop, scrolling until she found the information she needed. “Room four is vacant, my lady.”

“We’ll be occupying it until further notice. Please do not let anyone interrupt us unless it is an urgent matter of state.”

“You got it.”

Finally, something interesting to get involved with. The wisened old voice of Victoria sounded pleased in Serilda’s mind as the field marshal let Mythal lead the way to the private interview room Valorie had blocked out for them. The apocalyptic Seal of Victory that shared Serilda’s body and soul was unsurprisingly roused from her ethereal lounging at the prospect of a war. While the Nephilim took more of an interest in the Rune Knights’ day to day work than Serilda had ever expected her to, the eons old woman was still more bored than anything else with the daily grind Serilda typically had to pull, often times electing to make use of a temporary separate body so she could pass the time in other ways more worth her attention.

This was, clearly, different. I don’t know that ‘interesting’ is the word I would go for, Serilda remarked back dryly, unimpressed with Victoria’s enthusiasm over such a macabre situation.

She could practically feel Victoria rolling her eyes inside their head. Spare me the lecture. I am well aware of your vice grip on morality. However, you would do well to remember who and what I am when it comes to moments like this.

Serilda gave an internal sigh of resignation. It was frustrating, but not incorrect. Victoria could no more help her nature than a wolf or a bird of prey, and it did little good to chastise her over something she was genetically predisposed to find fulfillment in. You’re right. I’m sorry. A humbling moment to be sure. Had Serilda ever apologized to Victoria for anything since the Seal came into her life? She couldn’t recall, and there was no time to linger on it. Well, we’ll see what she has to say. If her information is good, and the needs are immediate, then maybe your army will finally get the chance to stretch its legs.

An activity for which they are quite eager, I assure you.

Without any further conversation, she followed Mythal to hear what more details Levinia had to provide...

WORDS: 961/2375 TOTAL: 5657/20,000 | @Digit v2 @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 29th August 2020, 7:56 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    669/1689 words || @Serilda Sinclair @Digit v2 || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    Mythal supposed he should be used to fans of Serilda’s by now. Not only was she of a royal line, she was also a member of the administrative staff for Sinclair Mining, the Field Marshall of the Rune Knights as well as a Wizard Saint. There were a lot of things and reasons that people would stop and point and swoon and ask for autographs. Even he, who lacked any kind of royalty, had somehow developed a fanbase, much to his chagrin. His fiancee handled it with class and dignity and he… well, he stumbled through it each and every time. For a man who was nobody and lived by his own free will not that long ago, life had certainly been upended and pulled out from underneath him.

So someone looking to Serilda based on her column within the Sorcerer Magazine was different but still no surprise. Mythal paid enough attention to be civil and greet the younger woman, giving her the time of day that she deserved. But he assumed within a few moments an exchange of a signed photo or magazine or some kind of picture would be taken and then they would go back to their normal responsibilities. It wasn’t that the Director didn’t respect Levinia’s time, it was just a common practice he had adjusted to at this point. And based on the wide-eyed, absolutely stunned look on the younger woman’s face, there was a good chance this was going to take some coaxing from the Voidwalker. He was already reaching over to get his notes and read a few of his own comments when the girl spoke up again, finally managing to wrangle her emotions together and introduce herself as Levinia Arx Creuset. “Nice to meet ya,” he said, giving her another nod.

And that’s honestly where he expected it to come to an end. Introductions were made, Levinia said things were grand -- from there on out it was just about asking for the autograph and moving along. But instead of a swift conclusion, it seemed that the younger woman’s predicament wasn’t a lack of Seri’s attention or signature. No, she was here on important business, stating quite clearly that she needed help. His brows rose as Levinia revealed that there was a literal army standing between her and her goal, or rather the prosperity of a small town. They’d apparently done something wrong by some rich, skeezy bastard and now he was sending a military force to wipe them out. Levinia couldn’t stand by and let it happen but she knew her odds, especially when she would be going up against ten thousand men. Mythal whistled softly, the numbers even surprising him. “All that for some small village? They musta really pissed him off…” Then again, certain rich people loved to throw their money on languish purchases, didn’t they? It seemed all Levinia was here was for advice or some kind of guide on how she could stand up to such a large army.

Serilda gave him a silent look and he nodded softly, understanding it. Everything else they were working on would have to take a backseat at the moment. This girl was going against impossible odds and all she wanted was advice? It seemed the pair had already decided they weren’t going to give her a few hints and then watch her walk off without backup or assistance. Serilda ensured they had an interview room clear and then the Darkness King gestured to it. “This way, kid,” he said, giving her another soft nod. He led the women into the room and closed it behind them before he pulled out a chair for Levinia and Serilda, taking a seat next to the latter. “Alright, Levinia,” he started, leaning back in the chair and folding his arms casually. “Tell us a bit more about this village. And the blowhard that’s so hard up on destroyin’ 'em.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Digit v2
    Digit v2

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Digit v2 30th August 2020, 4:19 pm

Levinia was immensely grateful that both Serilda and Mythal were willing to give her some of their time, as precious as it would be to busy folk such as themselves. A room was located where they could discuss in private, and Mythal led the way. Levinia's eyes silently took in her surroundings as she followed, noting how organized and orderly this place was. Might not be bad, working in a place like this... but that could come later, provided she survived what was to come.

In a moment, the trio had found the free room, Room Four, and once they were settled, Mythal asked for a more detailed description of her ordeal. Levinia had sat on her chair, facing the both of them, her hands clenched into fists as they rested on her knees. She took a deep breath, released slowly, and started:

"Okay, it all began when I picked up a certain job from an independent mage outpost. It was one of the tough ones, but I don't have any issue doing tough missions, but I've never been thrust into anything of this dimension before.

The village is a small settlement called Ledleaf Village. It's south of the Haunted Village and its creepy environs, and to the east of the lake on which Clover Town sits; not too close from here, but that won't be much of an issue. It doesn't have any natural defenses, but people have pretty much left it alone as there would be hardly any gain attacking it, not to mention that some powerful forces dwelt in that region. The villagers are quiet, not really wealthy, but satisfied and comfortable, until recently. I went there to learn what I could when I got this mission.

From what I gathered, some... 'blowhard' (yeah, I think that name fits him well) came into his inheritance after the death of his father, Baron Malley the Elder. This Baron Malley Junior, from what I gleaned, is a far cry from his father, churlish, brutish, and eager for quick gain, legal or otherwise. His father had some holdings close to Ledleaf, and Malley Junior felt that he could claim the lands around as his own. Hitherto, the village and Malley Senior had been on peaceful terms, but the bully of a son began trying to collect rent from the villagers. At first, the people complied, because they didn't want trouble, but when he decided to add human trafficking to his list of vices, the villagers couldn't take it anymore."

A fire raged in her eyes, but her voice was calm, steady. "According to the villagers, Malley's men showed up sometime three days ago, and started looking over the youths of the town, like they were cattle or something. They refused to give a reason for such behavior, until they had found what they were looking for: two healthy-looking teenagers, with good looks and fair features. Much of what I got at this point was admittedly conjecture, but it would seem that a powerful client of Malley Junior wanted two youngsters who would enter their service as personal servants. Malley Junior probably thought that if he could cow the villagers into paying taxes, he could take whatever else he wanted from them. It was too much for the people. They gave those thugs a sound beating, and drove them off."

She took a breath, and continued. "That was the crime of Ledleaf Village. And Baron Malley now wants to make a statement with them, most likely so that when next he wants to cow someone else into doing whatever he wants, they will remember Ledleaf, and acquiesce out of fear, doing whatever he wants."

She managed a small, almost apologetic smile. "And that's where silly me comes in. I could have just left the mission alone, it being a little to large for me to chew, but I couldn't just bear it. I hate it when people see something bad happening, and they do nothing about it. I can't sit by and fold my hands, or look the other way. If it were my people, I would do all in my power to save them. They may not be related to me in any way, but that does not make them less deserving of life, or help, or safety."

Her expression then became grim, like that of a person who has accepted a grisly fate. "I don't intend to be dissuaded, because I doubt I will be able to live with myself when I hear news of Ledleaf's destruction. Let it be that I tried and failed, but not that I did nothing to help."

having bared her heart to the two Gods of Ishgar, she felt less burdened. "There you have it," she said, resting her back against the seat of the chair, though she was still seated upright; she only assumed a slightly more relaxed position. "That's my story. I'll be very appreciative of any thing you could give me to help."

WC: 833
    TPWC: 3095
    TWC: 7,159/20,000

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 20th November 2020, 9:34 pm

Seri Banner
    Mythal led the way to the exam room and Serilda shut the door behind them to ensure their privacy. She accepted the chair that Mythal pulled over for her with thanks, and sat down in front of Levinia with Mythal at her side. Where the Director sat with a casual demeanor, leaning back and crossing his arms loosely over his chest, Serilda sat upright with her feet crossed at her ankles and her hands resting comfortably in her lap, much like one would expect of a born and bred noblewoman. Her posture was forward with silent attentiveness as Mythal asked for the young woman to go over the situation in more detail.

Levinia took a breath and jumped into it, explaining how such a difficult task had fallen into her lap as a mage with no guild affiliation. She wasn’t intimidated by difficult jobs, but this one had proven too much for her to readily handle on her own. At the mention of Ledleaf Village, the field marshal’s pale blue eyes narrowed gently in recognition. The village was fairly close to Clover Town, where her family’s duchy resided. True to how Levinia described it, Ledleaf was a rather small town with little going for it, but since it held no real worth it was generally left to its own devices.

Apparently, that had changed with the recent death of Baron Malley. Serilda was aware of the baron’s passing, of course. Even if the barony was lower in the noble hierarchy than where Serilda and her family stood, they were still distant neighbors. Custom and respect dictated a response, and of course Serilda’s parents, Duke Byron and Duchess Miriam, had sent their condolences to Malley’s family on behalf of the Sinclairs. That had really been the last that Serilda had heard of the situation, but it seemed that there was more going on than even her father had been able to catch wind of.

The Baron’s son, Malley Junior, had been the one to inherit the barony and his father’s titles, and according to Levinia the younger Malley had wasted no time in letting the power go to his head. He had enforced unlawful taxes upon the neighboring village, and from there had sought to take more from them. The villagers had rightfully defended themselves, fighting off the goons Malley had hired and sent them back to him with their tails between their legs. And it was for that offense that Malley had decided Ledleaf was going to pay in blood. According to the woman before them, he intended on making the village an example to any others that might attempt to oppose him later.

Truthfully, Serilda’s blood was already boiling -- although one wouldn’t be able to tell just by looking at her. She had long since mastered the art of concealing her emotions behind a stoic and neutral facade. However, the anger was still present. Serilda loathed few things more than men and women that abused their influence and power. It reflected poorly on other nobles, such as herself, that earnestly did their best to do right by the people in their care. And considering that Serilda had much more than just the people of Clover in her care, it struck her on a much deeper and personal level. It was her duty to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all Fioren citizens from international and domestic threats alike.

Levinia gave a bit of a sheepish smile as she explained that she simply hadn’t been able to let the matter go, despite it being well outside of her wheelhouse. It was impossible for her to look at a situation where innocent people were being taken advantage of without trying to do anything she could to help them. Then, before either of the Rune Knights could say anything, the young woman’s face took on a more stubborn expression as she insisted that she refused to be talked out of doing the mission, as she simply wouldn’t be able to live with herself should the worst befall the townsfolk and she did nothing to help.

For a brief moment, Serilda studied Levinia curiously, her expression still somewhat stoic and unreadable. Then, a small but genuine smile tugged up one side of her mouth. “Miss Creuset, there are a great deal of things that we dissuade people from doing. Trying to protect the innocent is not one of them, not even if it is something that would put your own life in danger. That is the oath that the Rune Knights took, and it is a risk we take every day. I cannot, and would never, tell someone not to feel or act with the same conviction. It would go against everything I stand for, both as a field marshal and a goddess of Ishgar.”

Her smile deepened into a friendly smirk. Serilda was the Goddess of Conviction for a reason, and if this woman wanted to do what was right no matter the cost to herself, that simply wasn’t something that Serilda was ever going to try and take from her. If anything, it just made Levinia look like a good potential candidate for the Rune Knights -- a topic that could perhaps be broached later at a more appropriate time, once everything was said and done. “In either case, it sounds to me that advice perhaps isn’t as prudent a necessity for you so much as an army would be. And luckily for you… we have two of those.”

It was Serilda’s turn to sit back a bit in her chair, looking to Mythal with a thoughtful and almost mischievous expression. “How long has it been since we bullied a corrupt noble? Desierto?” Her fiance would already be more than well aware of how personally Serilda took royals like Malley Junior, and that she was more than interested in being a part of directly serving the man justice. “It’s certainly a Rune Knight matter, but if his forces are as large as she has suggested and time is running short, I don’t think we will have enough time to collect and mobilize the Knights for an immediate response. Perhaps we can help Miss Crueset address the imminent danger ourselves, and the Knights can come in after to help stabilize and investigate?”

WORDS: 1051/3426 TOTAL: 8210/20,000 | @Digit v2 @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 1st December 2020, 11:56 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    925/2614 words || @Serilda Sinclair @Digit v2 || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    Though this was a very serious matter, it was probably a bit surprising to see Mythal look so casual. But that was his way of operating; rarely did he tighten up and become rigid with tension and focus. His fiance was quite the opposite, practiced and educated to have a more stoic stance, so as to showcase how calm and attentive she was. For anyone that didn’t know them, they might have thought that they were polar opposites that couldn’t possibly attract and yet nothing was farther from the truth. Nonetheless, they each had their own way of presenting themselves but it was obvious that Levinia had their full attention and so, without much room to pause and reflect, the woman got into it. She started from the beginning, when she had picked up a job that was far beyond her singular capabilities -- because hadn’t they all been there?

The small settlement she was contracted to protect was called Ledleaf Village. It was a small, out in the middle of nowhere settlement that lived a modest existence but its people were happy. Apparently some man named Baron Malley the Elder had owned some land nearby and had recently perished, leaving a substantial inheritance to his junior. There was a stark contrast between the father and son, with the still living Baron choosing to try and accumulate wealth as quickly and boisterously as possible. He had demanded rent be paid from the villagers, who had gone through with the demands for the sake of staying out of trouble.

But then things twisted into a much darker realm, as Baron had sent his people to scout out young members of the village. They had happened upon two teenagers and decided they would be taken for one purpose or another, without permission or consent. The villagers had rallied to beat back the ruffians and sent them packing and that, as Levinia put it, was the reason that the Baron had opted to bring down a kill order on the entire settlement. It seemed once he succeeded there, junior believed he could bully other villages around without issue and amass a greater fortune than his father had.

The very thought had lit a blaze within Levinia. She understood that she could have taken an easier, less threatening job but the idea of leaving the village to its own doom, ignored by mages who had better things to do, never once materialized. She saw the peril the people were in and chose to act rather than stand by, understanding that she was putting herself in grave danger by doing so. And nothing would convince her to back down, the thought of going on living while innocents lost their lives unbearable to her. Mythal sighed and shook his head, his jaw clenched as he closed his eyes. “Spoiled brats are gonna be the death of this world…” he muttered softly as he rubbed his eyelids with his fingers.

Serilda spoke up, informing the woman that while there were plenty of times the Knights told people to back down, this was not one of those instances. Stepping up against bullies and defending innocent people was a noble cause, one that resonated deeply within their own organization. And Seri couldn’t, in good conscious, try to dissuade Levinia from her task. “Yer one of those that’s got guts to do what’s right rather than what’s easy. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with that,” Mythal added as he opened his eyes back up and looked at the other woman. What was silly was thinking that she was simply going to get advice rather than assistance and Serilda was of the same mind. She remarked that while advice was nice and dandy, an army would be far more beneficial to Levinia’s cause and they had access to two of them.

His fiance leaned back and flashed him an impish look, asking him when the last time they had beat up on a corrupt noble. “Yeah, with the streamer kid. Buncha slavers too.” It always seemed to be slavery. She agreed that this matter was well within Rune Knight territory but they lacked the time to truly coordinate the Knights to counter the opposition. She suggested that the two of them assist Levinia personally and then the Rune Knights could come in and clean up afterwards. He nodded. “Reaper Squad can pro’lly get mobilized to provide back up but even then, they’re on their way back from a mission. They may not make it right on time either. But that ain’t a problem -- between the three of us, we should have no problem embarrassin’ Baron and makin’ his army look like scrubs. Seri can get us nearby pretty quick and she’ll provide a counter army as well. And I have some select abilities I can use to make large masses of people regret standin’ so close.”

While his words sounded similar to boasting, Mythal spoke in such a calm, even tone that it was apparent that he was just stating facts. The Director wasn’t one to brag or showboat, though many of his words and actions sometimes betrayed his casual approach and made people wonder. For now though, he was simply regaling Levinia with information that would hopefully boost her confidence in the two Rune Knights backing her up. “We ain’t gonna let you go at this alone. You and those people deserve a chance to knock that asshole down a peg.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Digit v2
    Digit v2

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Digit v2 8th December 2020, 1:43 pm

Her hopes had slowly increased due to the amount of attention she had received from the two leaders of the Rune Knights, and as she concluded the description of her dilemma, Levinia was quite optimistic that she would be able to get more than just advice from the Gods of Ishgar. Still, her analytic mind ran through many options, and the conclusions of most of these alternatives had a similar crisis: the issue of time. Baron Malley Junior had an army at his beck and call, already mustered and probably marching forth to war, or rather, slaughter, at this moment. Serilda and Mythal would probably have little difficulty gathering their own troops for battle, but the rallying of an army which would be able to meet Malley's own pound for pound would take time. From the looks of it, gathering a thousand strong might take half a day, given the urgency. Ten thousand would take more than two setting suns, probably. And even if the army could be mustered within the day, it would take time again to march from Era to Ledleaf. Still, in a situation which had looked almost hopeless at the first, she would take her victories as they came.

Actually having expected to be dissuaded in some way, Levie was surprised, albeit pleasantly, when Serilda did absolutely nothing to change her mind. Most other people, like Olaf the barkeep, had tried to “talk her out of her folly”, but rather than try to sway her, Serilda’s words were instead encouraging. It was interesting how part of the older woman’s reasons was due to her being the “Goddess of Conviction”. A part of Levie’s mind wondered if, if ever she became a goddess of Ishgar, her identifying virtue would always be present with her, influencing her thoughts... Maybe that would be the case, but she couldn’t know until she managed to attain such a lofty position. And that would be a labor for another day, or year, perhaps.

Serilda gave the “piece of advice” that Levinia had come seeking, and it was straightforward and pragmatic. Levinia would need an army, yes, but according to the Field Marshal, Levie was in luck, because there were “two” armies at their disposal. Serilda’s next words left her utterly confused, though. As the white-haired woman discussed with Mythal, a contemplative frown slowly appeared on Levinia’s face. Wait, if Serilda acknowledged that time was short, and even though it was a Rune Knight matter, the Knights might not be able to address the situation with the necessary alacrity, who exactly were the “ourselves” Serilda was referring to, when she spoke with Mythal? Not wanted to expose any form of ignorance, Levie said nothing, but inwardly, she tried to understand how many people made up Serilda’s definition of “ourselves”. Certainly, it could not be only the two of them, could it?

Mythal was on the same page with Serilda; he even stated that there was nothing wrong with Levinia’s desire to do the right thing over taking the easy path. Finally, here were people with similar mindsets as hers. If not for the fact that she had just met them only a few moments ago, and that she was a very shy person most of the time, she would have jumped up and embraced them both, with tears streaming down her face as she declared that they were her heroes. Well, she did none of that, opting to keep her emotions in check (for they had embarrassed her earlier), but she came to the conclusion that if all the Gods of Ishgar behaved themselves in this manner, then they were truly heroes, and deserved the honor and fame that came with the titles.

Back to the matters at hand. Mythal, in his calm, easy-going way, had outcomes analyzed and roles already given. So, if Levinia was hearing properly, these two were all the armies she needed. In fact, the job of the Rune Knights would not be to fight a war, but to clean up and carry out investigative work. Levinia stared at Mythal, unable to hide her wonder, then slowly turned her gaze to Serilda. Just what sort of power were these two capable of? Throughout her life, she had been blessed to have met powerful people who were willing to help her out magnanimously. Beira was the first she had met, and now Serilda and Mythal. Such people made many things possible in a crazy world such as this.

Levinia rose to her feet, and gave Serilda and Mythal a low, formal bow. ”Thank you so much, both of you. Thanks for giving me hope.” She straightened up. ”I’ll try not to be a burden.” Okay, what was that last thing she had just said? It didn’t come out right, at least, not in the way she had hoped. She would have preferred something cooler, but it was almost impossible trying to act cool in the presence of people of such caliber as this. Still, she meant every word; she intended to do her best and not be too dependent on them. Speaking of carrying her own weight, Levie remembered that Mythal had mentioned something about Serilda being able to get them close to the Baron’s army. Being one to like guessing what other people’s magics were, Levinia found herself trying to deduce what kind of magic the two were capable of. Serilda probably had some sort of teleportation ability (what other way, barring almost omnipotent spells, could transport people elsewhere in a very short time?), and maybe some summoning ability. She would soon see for herself, before the day was done.

”By your leave, allow me the honors of transporting us to the venue of this altercation, or at least somewhere close. Of course, that would be after you’re through with anything you were doing, prior to my, uh... interruption.” Left to Levinia, Serilda and Mythal could leave the transportation to her, and channel their power towards busting up Baron Malley’s army. Maybe she would get some pointers on how to deal with large troops of enemies.

Once everything and everyone involved was ready, Levinia gestured with her hands, as the floating runes around her wrists glowed brightly. ”Black Amulet Grimoire: Absolute Dimension!” Instantly, the “bracelets” detached themselves from around her, disassembling and reorganizing themselves some feet away to form a large oval structure, much like a mirror. It was framed by glowing runes, and its surface was tranquil and black, like some strange undisturbed pool. The portal let off a soft humming sound. ”This should transport us close to the enemies’ location, not too far away from Ledleaf.” With those words, she stepped through the portal...

Levinia stepped out into warm sunshine, with soft, green grass beneath her feet. She was standing atop a small hill which overlooked a rolling plain. To her left, she could hear a low din. Her eyes followed the sound to its source, and she frowned.  ”Huh, looks like the baron is already making his move.”

From the top of the hill, any observer would see the little settlement to the right. Undeterred, the army would get there by the next day, if their casual speed was maintained. And it was up to just three people to stop ten thousand.

”So, what's the plan?” Levinia asked, her eyes still on the slowly moving army.

WC: 1,230
    TPWC: 4,325
    TWC: 10,365/20,000

Current date/time is 9th May 2024, 11:12 pm