Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Question Thread

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Star Re: Question Thread

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 11th March 2016, 1:05 pm

Nao wrote:Riddle me this:

How does trading up work when it comes to getting that artifact slot? By sacrificing both legendary weapon and armour slots does the artifact slot you gain mean you can now have 3 artifacts instead of the maximum of 2? Or would it just be pointless?

Edit: Bonus question: Does it require you to have purchased items for those slots? If so do you get a refund too? Or else you're basically spending 60-120K jewels so that you can spend more jewels on less items.

You mention on the weapon/armour app you're sacing the slot
    You don't have to own the items to do so, and it doesn't increase the amount of artifacts you can own.
    flowercat87
    flowercat87

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Other Half
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 300

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Flames of the Witcher
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by flowercat87 20th March 2016, 10:24 am

After finishing a job, how/when are jewels applied to the user's forum account? Does the person who approves it being finished add them (like experience is)?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 20th March 2016, 10:33 am

@flower Jewels are added like experience, and how long they take depends on how available a admin is, so I have to say the time varies.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:
    flowercat87
    flowercat87

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Other Half
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 300

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Flames of the Witcher
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by flowercat87 31st March 2016, 7:18 am

When it comes to cooldowns, does the post a spell is casted on count towards a cooldown?

ex. a mage casts a spell that has a cooldown of 5, would the post they casted it on count towards it (1/5) or would they have to wait until the next post for the cooldown to start (0/5 on the post it's casted on and 1/5 on the next)?

I hope this question isn't confusing. ^^

橘ナミネ と 橘楓
    橘ナミネ と 橘楓

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Position : Paragon of Denial
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Mentor : Otō-san
    Experience : 1450

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Reality
    Second Skill: Sacred Sword Arts
    Third Skill:

Post by 橘ナミネ と 橘楓 31st March 2016, 8:51 am

the way it works is that you cast the spell, then when the spell is done with it begins the cooldown cycle.

Example: Duration 3, CD 4

After the 3 post duration, the cooldown is (0/4) and then the post after the duration is over it is (1/4)

Question Thread - Page 10 CfNTz6Z

"I'd rather avoid killing you Guest..." ~Miyuki
    "But we will if we have to." ~Namine

Spells/Secondary/Pets
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Legacy of the Fire King
    Position : The Vanquisher
    Guild : Infinity Hydra (Guildmaster)
    Mentor : Hephaestus
    Experience : 420,643

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Flame God Slayer (3rd Gen)
    Second Skill: -
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 31st March 2016, 11:40 am

To clear up what he's trying to say, if the spell's duration is instant or 1, it starts the next post.

Question Thread - Page 10 FYZkfE1
    God Force:

Legacy Form:

Javel
    Javel

Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Ancient Sealer
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Requip: The Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Javel 11th April 2016, 8:41 pm

Regarding events,

There's been alot of discussion on about how to get dark mages participating in events. Curious and forgive me if I'm being stupid for not taking the time to check, but has "common enemy" events been done? Like both light and dark teaming up and getting the entire community involved? For example, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend?'

Again, I apologize if it's dumb, just wondering.

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 11th April 2016, 9:16 pm

Javel wrote:Regarding events,

There's been alot of discussion on about how to get dark mages participating in events. Curious and forgive me if I'm being stupid for not taking the time to check, but has "common enemy" events been done? Like both light and dark teaming up and getting the entire community involved? For example, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend?'

Again, I apologize if it's dumb, just wondering.

The current Rising Tides event was one such event.
    ChloeofFairytail
    ChloeofFairytail

Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Rage of the Soul Torn
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Heavenly Body Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by ChloeofFairytail 17th April 2016, 10:31 am

How much experience do you need to rank up?

|Character Sheet |      Magic |
    Question Thread - Page 10 N8OwMFS
    Yuu Blitzkrieg
    Yuu Blitzkrieg

Crash!

Crash!

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Halloween Social- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Cupcake Achievement- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Player 
    Lineage : Blessed by the Fourth Wall
    Position : ASS EATER!
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Experience : 1425

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Crash
    Second Skill: TBD
    Third Skill: TBD

Post by Yuu Blitzkrieg 17th April 2016, 10:35 am

ChloeofFairytail wrote:How much experience do you need to rank up?

You need 150 experience to rank up to C-rank

Question Thread - Page 10 ZUTE2e7l_o

Character | Magic | Bank
    Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 17th April 2016, 12:09 pm

Kyoden Numata wrote:
    ChloeofFairytail wrote:How much experience do you need to rank up?

You need 150 experience to rank up to C-rank

Expanding on Zen's answer:

C Rank - 150
    B Rank - 1,200
    A Rank - 7,500
    S Rank - 45,000
    SS Rank - 275,000
    H Rank - 550,000 (VIP/GM/Designated Guild Ace Only)
    Grimnir
    Grimnir

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Experience : 0

Post by Grimnir 17th April 2016, 1:40 pm

Is there some kind of list of banned magic or something like that?
    Yuu Blitzkrieg
    Yuu Blitzkrieg

Crash!

Crash!

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Halloween Social- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Cupcake Achievement- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Player 
    Lineage : Blessed by the Fourth Wall
    Position : ASS EATER!
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Experience : 1425

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Crash
    Second Skill: TBD
    Third Skill: TBD

Post by Yuu Blitzkrieg 17th April 2016, 1:46 pm

Grimnir wrote:Is there some kind of list of banned magic or something like that?

Nope! You can make any type of magic you want (including magic not from the Fairy Tail Manga itself). The only limit is that you cannot make Slayer magic unless you have a slayer position or a slayer lacrima.

Question Thread - Page 10 ZUTE2e7l_o

Character | Magic | Bank
    Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Comet
    Cosmic Coins : 39
    Experience : 5,657.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Star Child
    Second Skill: Arc of Time
    Third Skill:

Post by Sybil 13th May 2016, 5:19 pm

Where do I buy Lineage re-rolls?

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 13th May 2016, 5:46 pm

Famine wrote:Where do I buy Lineage re-rolls?

When you go to roll your lineage the portion that says 'Roll Attempt' you write in "3 -> 6 deduct 200k" and then roll 3 dice. When the mod updates your lineage they'll notify an admin to remove the jewel.
    Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Comet
    Cosmic Coins : 39
    Experience : 5,657.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Star Child
    Second Skill: Arc of Time
    Third Skill:

Post by Sybil 14th May 2016, 11:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 
    Lineage : Brute of Fiore
    Experience : 250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mirror
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 30th May 2016, 10:24 pm

For weapons, what grade of damage do they do? Like, from strong to Artifact, do they do from C-X rank of damage?

Question Thread - Page 10 Fighting-giffy
    I Make My Own Luck
    Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 30th May 2016, 10:27 pm

Speculo wrote:For weapons, what grade of damage do they do? Like, from strong to Artifact, do they do from C-X rank of damage?

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t5780-physical-body-equipment-and-pet-rules

All of that is answered here.
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 30th May 2016, 11:43 pm

What are the rules surrounding elemental body? I mean, can I be immune to physical damage? Can I reshape my body at will?

I have a character whose going to be liquid metal....and I just need to know what sort of limits or guidelines there are.

Question Thread - Page 10 Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Question Thread - Page 10 Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Question Thread - Page 10 Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 31st May 2016, 12:00 am

Speed Demon Zack wrote:What are the rules surrounding elemental body? I mean, can I be immune to physical damage? Can I reshape my body at will?

I have a character whose going to be liquid metal....and I just need to know what sort of limits or guidelines there are.

I've only seen a few EB abilities spring up, but normally they take 50% less damage from normal physical attack, but 50% more damage from physical attacks imbued with the opposing element. Like if a Water mage used a water-punch on someone with Fire EB. 

Depending on the element I've seen some effects that cause the opponent to take some damage if they used a melee attack (guns don't count). Fire burns them, in your case of metal it could be from them hitting the metal aspect so hard that the vibrations go down their weapon to return 30% of the damage to them.

They also have some immunities to certain effects. Fire EB is immune to burning, lightning EB is immune to paralysis, etc...

And there's also the 50% reduction to elemental attacks of their own element, and 50% increase to damage from elemental attacks of their opposing element. Again with fire EB, 50% reduction to fire damage, 50% increase to water damage.

Those should give you some form of idea, but there's no official rules (in the rule section) that I can find on it. Those can be all rolled into 1 massive UA to make the EB effect seem better, and I do apologize for not having a better, more acceptable answer.
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 3rd June 2016, 1:04 am

Thanks Niyol. I do recall something in the moderator guidelines for it though its not in any official rules anywhere. Still this helps greatly thank you

Question Thread - Page 10 Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Question Thread - Page 10 Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Question Thread - Page 10 Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 3rd June 2016, 5:43 am

Speed Demon Zack wrote:Thanks Niyol. I do recall something in the moderator guidelines for it though its not in any official rules anywhere. Still this helps greatly thank you

-bows courteously-
    "My pleasure."
    ColAwesome
    ColAwesome

Player 
    Lineage : Ariel's Descent
    Experience : 0

Post by ColAwesome 12th June 2016, 6:53 pm

How exactly does Requip magic work? I understand that it comes in the form of some kind of item that has an active and passive ability, but my confusion comes in when it comes to how long the item can last. Is it that you spend the mana to summon the item itself and then the passive/active ability is free but the item will only last a short time, or can you always have the magical Requip item on you that takes up a spell slot and you spend mana to use the abilities of that item?
    Mark Baxter
    Mark Baxter

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Clockwork Soul
    Guild : Black Sails
    Mentor : ---
    Experience : 9,213.19

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cephalon Impulse
    Second Skill: ---
    Third Skill:

Post by Mark Baxter 12th June 2016, 7:05 pm

All Requip items are stored in a pocket dimension (like in the anime). But instead of being able to sustain the items with MP to keep them active like in the anime, they need a duration like all other spells and you're free to use the active and passive while it's duration is active. Once the weapon enters cool down though, it disappears until you can summon it again. If it breaks while you're using it though, you can't use it for the rest of the thread.

Hope I helped,
    Brennan~

Question Thread - Page 10 1zya1cx
    Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 13th June 2016, 9:32 am

Brennan wrote:All Requip items are stored in a pocket dimension (like in the anime). But instead of being able to sustain the items with MP to keep them active like in the anime, they need a duration like all other spells and you're free to use the active and passive while it's duration is active. Once the weapon enters cool down though, it disappears until you can summon it again. If it breaks while you're using it though, you can't use it for the rest of the thread.

Hope I helped,
    Brennan~

Quite correct, except for 1 small bit.

Through the use of Limit Transcendence, which all mages of all ranks are capable of, you may spend 25% of the original mana cost of a spell to make that spell continue for 1 additional post. In the case of instant spells this isn't possible due to how fast they execute, but for all other spells (1 post duration and up) it is applicable.

Current date/time is 29th May 2024, 1:47 am