Name: Ardere Kasai
Special Characteristics: Tattoo: His tattoo is still present, a red tattoo that resembles flames going down the right side of his face and neck to the upper parts of his chest.
Acrobatic/Martial Artist: Ardere has been trained in several martial arts, and even though he has more of a brawler style, he is very acrobatic.
Alcohol Tolerance: Ever since he started drinking, he noticed he had a high alcohol tolerance. Little does he know, this is from his father.
Flame Elemental: Ardere's body is composed of fire, meaning most objects pass right through him and are melted, but this effect can be deactivated or nullified by strong enough magic. (This is from his god slaying magic and is an approved UA)
Personality: Outside Battle: Outside of battle he is a fairly laid back man, with an intensely sarcastic demeanor. Ardere rarely takes the threats or affairs of others seriously. He is not mean, but his sarcastic humor can be found as so at times. Being laid back, he is not one to start confrontation very often, however this does not mean he will not protect himself. He is not one to seek out conversation with others very often, in fact he would prefer to be alone. Ardere would not be the kind of person to often take up a leadership role, unless it was deemed necessary, and if it was; he would surprisingly take it seriously. Making sure the men around him are safe would be his priority, as selfish as he appears on the surface, he does care for others. He is no hero, but this man is certainly no bystander either. Growing up on the streets he learned to fend for himself, and for many years he only looked out for himself, but after time, and the death of people he thought were friends, he chose to get out of poverty and make his way as a mage. This is not a background he likes to mention, and he would prefer to avoid running into any old friends at this point. This background gives him a high sense of independence, he doesn't feel as if he needs others to help him, but as he has learned in his few years as a mage, he will need it. He is a very determined man, and his determination to join the rune knights, as a way to rise up and make something of himself, has changed him from the old pick pocket and hoodlum he used to be.
In Battle: Inside battle, his demeanor begins to change. Rather than a laid back and inattentive demeanor, he becomes serious. Combat is one of the few things he takes seriously, especially if it is life or death. He will tense up, rather than being loose and free flowing. There is one thing that will not change however, and that is his tendency to make sarcastic remarks, it is just in his nature. Being an intelligent person, he would observe his opponent to no end, and try to figure out their style. Many of his friends have grown to dislike him when he is in this state, because he is not the normal laid back and fun Ardere they had grown to know. In a sense, he actually enjoys combat, and that in a way leads to the seriousness. When it comes to something he enjoys, he takes it seriously. Even in this state, he is still merciful and would prefer not to kill, but his years on the street have stuck, and he could be quite brutal if someone tried to kill him, or another. This side of him, is part of what made him want to join the rune knights. He is very self aware, and calculative, often admitting his own flaws in battle. A brutal honesty comes with this streak, as he feels he has nothing to hide.
Update: As many do with age, Ardere has grown more wise and adapted to his leadership role, adopting many fatherly qualities. This can be attributed to both him being a guild master, and an actual father. His wisdom and skill have grown, and he has matured quite a bit, even more friendly than before.
- Reading: Even when he was on the streets, he found himself picking up books from the trash and reading them. This is a hobby he has long had, and will never give up. Reading gives him pleasure, and knowledge.
- Drinking: Ardere loves to drink, especially sake, even though he does not get drunk easily. It is not the being drunk he enjoys, it is the relaxation and the taste. Needless to say, he is not a boisterous drunk.
- Flames: Ever since he was a child, he had an affinity to flames, staring at lit fires and lighters for even hours. The flickering flames give him a sense of peace.
- Adventure: Over the years, Ardere has become an adventurous soul, loving to travel countries even beyond Fiore. Discovering new things, meeting new people are what he lives for. He tries to extend this to the members of his guild, allowing them to explore the world to their hearts desire, without being tied down.
- Snakes: No longer fearing snakes after his exam, he loathes them instead.
- Over-confidence: Ardere hates to see a man or woman who is too overconfident, he believes one should be amply confident in their own skill, but not overconfident. Those kinds of people he would put in their place, so to speak.
- Zealots: People who are so stuck in their own beliefs that their minds cannot be changed, it's not just the people, but the close mindedness that he dislikes. As an open minded person, he naturally respects other's beliefs.
- Mindless Destruction: He is not one to mindlessly destroy, nor will he tolerate such acts. All things must be done with a purpose and for the betterment of one's self, or others.
- Strength: As a mage, he naturally wants to be strong. The fact that he grew up on the streets, where he fought for survival, gives him a strong survival instinct, and as they say, the strong survive.
- Infinity Hydra: As a guild master he has taken it upon himself to have his members and his guild become stronger and happy in their lives, it is his biggest mission. He wants to improve them as people, but also allow them to explore and live their heart's desires. He has become almost like a father to his guild, loving them as such.
- Family: The does include his guild, but also his actual family; Malva. His daughter is no longer a member of his guild, but he fights and trains every day to create a world in which she can be safe and prosper. Her happiness is ultimately why he wakes up every morning. It has given him newfound strength and motive in a cruel world.
- Justice/Protection: As the Paragon of Justice, and even long before attaining such a title, he has devoted his life to protecting others and fighting the forces of evil. While his justice may not match up with the law's, he is a good hearted man who means only the best.
- Losing his daughter: As a father, he is in constant worry of his daughter's safety, and will go out of his way to be protective. She is his world, and would be devastated.
- Losing his magic: After his fight with the Dragon King, Ardere suffered permanent damage to his magical abilities. While it does not appear as if he will lose them, he is afraid of the possibility as it is what ables him to protect the ones he loves.
- Basiphobia: While he is not afraid of heights by any means, he is afraid of falling, making him cautious at heights, but not necessarily uneasy. It would be a hindrance only if he was on a small platform in the air, in which case he would tense up greatly.
Height: 6'0 (182 cm)
Weight: 185 lbs (83 kg)
Hair: Brown (Long - To mid back)
Skin Tone: Pale
Appearance: Ardere stand at six feet tall, or one hundred and eighty two centimeters. He is a fairly tall man with a laid back demeanor, often with his hands in his pockets, or clutching a book that he is reading. He is a very fit man, with a medium build. His chest/stomach area is very toned, as well as his arms from sword fighting so much. His casual clothing would consist of a white yukata with a red sash tying it together. Clarent, his sword is generally placed at his waist. His piercing red eyes are often observing the world around him, and when in battle, the right side of his face is covered in a tattoo he got as a teenager, one that appears to be flames running up and down his face. His battle outfit consists of red armor with a gold trim, comprised of leather, metal, and wood like a Samurai. His long brown hair is kept up with a hair tie and a metal head pieces, also colored red and gold. He wears black combat boots with steel toes, effective in use. When at a fancy occasion or ball, he generally wears a black suit with a red tie, but also possesses a white suit and a red suit, all of which are accompanied by the red tie. When in such an attire, he will carry his sword around but covered in cloth wrapping.
Guild: Infinity Hydra
Tattoo: Red, right forearm.
Last edited by Ardere Kasai on 17th September 2017, 8:47 pm; edited 6 times in total