Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Hello there~

Xagroth
    Xagroth

Player 
    Lineage : Musashi's Descent
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Hello there~ Empty Hello there~

Post by Xagroth 14th April 2020, 4:58 am

Hi there, name's Xagroth. Let me start with my (short) story of how I found this place and why I want to RP.

I have always had many different kinds of stories in my head. I always wanted to write them down but I never did. Reason being, due to how (and where) I grew up, I speak four (technically five) different languages but I haven't perfected any of them. And since English happens to be my favorite one, I thought I'd perfect that one first, and also write my book in English. The thing is, I can't write. Well, I can, I just can't write well. At least not yet. I've heard that the only way to improve your writing is to write so.. I thought I might as well try and have some fun while writing and RP before I start writing my book. I don't think I'll be writing as much the first couple of days/weeks. I I think I'll just try reading posts and see how people describe stuff/situations/environments and hopefully find my own style of writing.  

When I find my style and feel comfortable with it, I'd also love to RP with someone else.

That's it for now, feel free to message me if you have any tips, maybe some guide that has helped you, a video, etc. I'd also love if someone had a tutorial for a forum Avatar, some people here have amazing ones, I wonder how they do it :o (I know it's photoshop/gimp, I just don't know how :P).

EDIT: fixed some typos/gram. errors
    Aurora
    Aurora

Cosmic Herione

Cosmic Herione

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Champion of Tudigong
    Experience : 603,136

Character Sheet
    First Skill: First Gen Earth Demon Slayer
    Second Skill: Third Gen Earth Demon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Hello there~ Empty Re: Hello there~

Post by Aurora 14th April 2020, 6:01 am

Hey hey, Welcome Xagroth.

Yes indeed, practice is important. I am also not a native English speaker and aspire to write novels. Got the same idea and I have improved a great deal since I started and still got a long way to go.
    The best way is to just start writing and rp is great for that.

There are numerous youtube channels that delve into writing, examples would be Brandon Sanderson (who posts lectures for a fantasy and sci-fi class he teaches), Ellen Brock, Chris Fox, Jenna Moreci and many more.

I don't think there is a specific tutorial on how to make gfx (avatars and signature art). I mostly use paint.net (not a site but a program) but there are also shops under the black market section of the forum were talented artists make art on request. Some shops give new people some free gfx.

I wish you good luck and have fun ^^

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello there~ N9AxYLD
    Hello there~ Sy03Rxz
    Aurora

Theme:

Old stuff:
    Xagroth
    Xagroth

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Xagroth 14th April 2020, 8:27 am

Gangting wrote:Hey hey, Welcome Xagroth.

Yes indeed, practice is important. I am also not a native English speaker and aspire to write novels. Got the same idea and I have improved a great deal since I started and still got a long way to go.
    The best way is to just start writing and rp is great for that.

There are numerous youtube channels that delve into writing, examples would be Brandon Sanderson (who posts lectures for a fantasy and sci-fi class he teaches),  Ellen Brock, Chris Fox, Jenna Moreci and many more.

I don't think there is a specific tutorial on how to make gfx (avatars and signature art). I mostly use paint.net (not a site but a program) but there are also shops under the black market section of the forum were talented artists make art on request. Some shops give new people some free gfx.

I wish you good luck and have fun ^^

Hey there, thank you for the warm welcome! I looked up some videos of Brandon and I have to say, this is going to be a huge help! Thanks a lot =)
    Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Infinite Arcana
    Second Skill: Vox Universum
    Third Skill: Disciple of War

Post by Shen Kadokawa 14th April 2020, 8:57 am

Hello there~ Giphy

Also not a native English speaker. Don't worry about that aspect of the site, just try and have fun first and foremost. If you wanna practice writing, I can imagine that writing with others would be a huge help. It was for me, at least. Anyway, a warm welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any other staff member and we'll be glad to try and help you out~

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Xagroth
    Xagroth

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Xagroth 14th April 2020, 8:58 am

Johann wrote:
    Hello there~ Giphy

Also not a native English speaker. Don't worry about that aspect of the site, just try and have fun first and foremost. If you wanna practice writing, I can imagine that writing with others would be a huge help. It was for me, at least. Anyway, a warm welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any other staff member and we'll be glad to try and help you out~

Didn't expect so many non-native speakers :o

Thanks a lot for the encouragement!
    Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Scion of the Void King
    Position : Goddess of Conviction
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Experience : 12,421,054

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Voidwalking
    Second Skill: Sword of Wrath
    Third Skill: Cruorthurgy

Post by Serilda Sinclair 14th April 2020, 9:07 am

Welcome to FTRP! I am a native English speaker, and I can tell you that I would not have known you aren't native if you hadn't said anything, so that's a plus!

As far as avatars, there's a few of us on the site that make graphics on photoshop. like Gangting said, check out the Black Market to see some of the player shops, and some are willing to make something for free for newbies.

If you haven't yet, consider joining the discord channel! Great place to get to know the community and site, and to ask the staff questions to help get your character started. :)

Fraag
    Fraag

Player 
    Lineage : Progeny of Arcanos
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Luminous Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 60
    Experience : 3,401,904

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Arcane Fate Magic
    Second Skill: Night God Slayer
    Third Skill: Relativity God Slayer

Post by Fraag 14th April 2020, 11:28 am

Welcome, Xagroth. I have no idea whether I'm a native speaker of English or not. But what I know is that, from experience, RPing on sites such as this really improves your writing over time. So, welcome, have fun, and I wish you speedy improvement of your writing skills.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 1:41 pm