Name: Nita Fortune (which is just a splitting of the syllabic components of her first name, Fortunita; she cannot remember her surname, so 'Fortune' will have to do); Ms. Fortune (she likes the pun)
Alias: Black Maria
-Fortunita is an amalgam of a human and an extradimensional deity (known as a Primordial), whose domains revolve around the cycle of creation, preservation and destruction. Her three aspects of this cycle are Desire, Wisdom and War.
-Nita shares her body with the Primordial whose power she absorbed; said Primordial is referred to by Nita as ‘Maria’, based on her alter ego name, Black Maria, which she earned due to her use of magic cards.
-Fortunita’s hair changes color in response to two emotions: anger and fear. Her hair gets redder the angrier or more agitated she becomes, and paler the more frightened or worried she becomes. She can control this quirk, though, so it isn’t 100% certain that her hair can always be used to determine her mood.
-She has learnt all the major Ishgaran languages, which she speaks fluently.
-Despite her linguistic proficiency, Nita’s accent is clearly Pergrandian.
-Fortunita has heterochromia iridum, though her previous eye color before fusion with the deity was blue.
-A series of runes in an unknown language form a ‘P’-shaped design on her back. The runes glow a bright green when an attempt has been made by a Primordial to cross into Earthland’s dimension.
There are two apparent sides to Fortunita: the Nita side, which is a sunny, flighty, mischievous, good-natured, and veritable yet innocent minx (despite her appearance) and the Maria side, which is more brooding, slightly more formal, suspicious, less likely to play tricks and considerably more flirtatious and meaner than the Nita side. While this may seem like a textbook case of Dissociative Identity Disorder, it is a lot more complicated, as each side exists as a distinct mental entity which is conscious of, and interacts with the other. The Nita side is her default state, though. What is most important is that no matter the ‘side’ exhibited, both personalities have the same values and ideals, even if they respond to stimuli differently. The sides tend to switch in times of duress, or randomly for undetermined reasons. Still, Fortunita has accepted this weird state, and has taken the name ‘Black Maria’ as an alter ego of sorts.
Mostly, Fortunita’s capering is simply a means for her to deal with her life and times. She knows the meaning of suffering, thus she dislikes seeing misery of any kind, resulting in her being altruistic, even to her own detriment. Her antics are simply her trying to spread humor, and even if the stiffer members of society despise her for it, there is the hope that in moments of weakness, they may feel inclined to be amused by her. If she is kind to people, she is even more so to her friends and loved ones, and is extremely obliging and supportive of them, willing to defend them through thick and thin, even when they are wrong, though she will almost certainly roast them in private afterwards. Even in relationships, notwithstanding her minxish nature, Nita is very loyal, and will never cheat on a significant other. Despite her flighty behavior, Fortunita is given to long periods of deep introspection, and is known to spend great amounts of time thinking, or contemplating her devotions.
Due to her amalgamation with the Primordial, their memories are mixed, and she often has recollections of things no normal human should. She also tends to have rather weird and nasty nightmares whenever a Primordial attempts to cross into our plane. Still, she prefers not to burden others with her troubles, as she doesn’t like people worrying about her. She is learning to allow her friends help her bear her burdens, though. Having discovered that she has been blessed by Arcanos (she’s still not very sure what that means), Nita has developed some level of devotion to the Deity of Magic, and tries to recognize the god’s blessings in her life. Maria is less scrupulous about such matters, but still acknowledges Arcanos as a higher power. For Nita, the contemplations of Arcanos are a personal matter for her, and she will never force her beliefs on others. Maria will not either, only because she doesn’t really care. Inspired by a friend and social media, she bears the moniker 'Black Maria' when taking missions or fighting crime.
Despite this beautiful heart, Nita is not without her fair share of rough edges. She is very opinionated and stubborn, and is nigh impossible to convince that she could possibly be wrong when she is feeling emotionally heated. Her temper is like her behavior, mercurial, and she has been known to switch from bright and sunny to thundercloud in seconds. She is also mildly vain, especially about her looks, and is quick to take offense at any slights to her appearance, while being positively disposed towards commendations. Fortunately, her flaws are offset by her willingness to apologize once she realizes she is wrong, which is easy once she has calmed down, and her willingness to forgive (even if she may initially pretend to still be angry, just for the kicks). Nita forgives easily, because her heart breaks at the slightest sign of remorse, but there is one thing which she may begrudge indefinitely: betrayal. If, in turn, she is forced to betray trust, or it appears as though she has done so, she will leave no stone unturned until she has been able to vindicate herself to whomever feels betrayed.
As far as leadership goes, Nita neither cares much for leading or being led. If she must lead, she will lead more like a mother than a commander, with a very informal and nurturing style, striving to know the strengths and weaknesses of her team, in order to deploy them where they will work best and most comfortably, and shore up on each other’s weaknesses. If she must follow, she mostly prefers to be able to do her own thing, and does not do well with an insistence to obedience of command, often responding petulantly to such situations. She will however obey if she considers her obedience necessary or greatly respects her commander, but will never obey a command she considers cruel, even on pain of death. In matters of battle, Nita enjoys fighting, due to Maria’s influence, and has a slight masochistic streak, much more pronounced when Maria is at the fore. She doesn’t like mindless violence however, and thus prefers good-natured sparring to battlefields. Quite adept in hand-to-hand combat and weapon usage, her style involves a lot of acrobatics and feints, as well as using the environment to her advantage, with precise strikes and all sorts of grapples for weaponless combat. Oh yes, her mouth. It will run on forever, even if she’s losing, just to get under her opponent’s skin in the hopes that they will get careless and make mistakes which she can use to her advantage. She likes to pretend to be impulsive, all the while setting up traps for opponents. Nita places great value on human life, and doesn’t like killing, but is not averse to it; she may even display a mean streak when dispatching those she deems worthy of death who are almost always people who show blatant disregard for human lives.
Against popular belief, which Nita has no interest in changing, she possesses a keen intellect, and an appetite for knowledge, due to her Aspect of Preservation. As such, she spends alone times mostly reading, and while she reads across a wide range of fields, nothing interests her more than magic, history, and ancient artifacts and scripts. Oh, and romance. Nita is conscious of her allure, and thus designs the items of her own wardrobe to show off her gorgeous body (this, along with her flirtatious nature are due to her Aspect of Desire). She also loves culinary endeavors, and is known to attempt novel, if bizarre, recipes. She likes combat and sparring, due to her Aspect of Destruction, but doesn’t like causing unnecessary pain, and often regrets going a bit too far in combat. She’s a fan of laughter, and loves having fun, as long as it is good natured and does not cause harm to innocent people. She is drawn to people with humorous and sympathetic tendencies. On a final note, Nita has a funny quirk: despite her amorous tendencies, she will not sleep with anyone, unless she and said person have exchanged commitments to remain loyal to each other. After all, human lives are sacred, so the process of bringing a life into the world is no trifle.
- Romance: Nita’s aspect of Creation is Desire, so she is quite interested in amatory matters. Her human side has very little experience in the field, though.
- Knowledge: Nita’s aspect of Preservation is Knowledge, so she loves learning things and is very curious. Her major points of interest are artifacts, languages, history and magic. Her human side is scrupulous enough to avoid dark and forbidden knowledge, though.
- Combat: Nita’s aspect of Destruction is War, so she loves combat-related exercises. Her human side prevents her from being a bloodthirsty slayer, though.
- Sweet things: Because surely, only a bad person wouldn’t love sweets.
- Positive attention: Oh, flattery will get you everywhere!
- Pranks and Humor: Nothing better than having a good laugh. Nita is drawn to people with good-natured senses of humor.
- Arcanos: While not very knowledgeable about the esoteric god of magic, Nita appreciates what she perceives as his bestowed favor on her.
- Suffering: Being no stranger to human suffering, Nita cannot stand seeing such.
- Abuse of power: Tyrants, bullies, the lot of them. Even people who believe in strict adherence to rules are frowned at by Nita.
- Creepy crawlies: If it naturally has more than four legs, or less than two, and it’s not a butterfly, just no. Cockroaches especially. Nita is rather convinced they leave a lingering demonic residue wherever they go.
- Bitter things: Late-picked dandelion greens? Black coffee neat? May all things fair and just forbid!
- Criticism, especially about her height: She may later think over what was said, but Nita will never feel thankful for verbal castigation. In any case, say nothing of her height.
- Betrayal: Treachery is the greatest sin, as far as Nita is concerned.
- Defending Innocents: Having been blessed by Arcanos himself, Nita is convinced this power was given her to be a shield. Wherever she goes, her desire is to defend those who cannot defend themselves.
- Bringing Jollity: The world is already a dark, cold place. More laughter is needed, and of that Nita will try to introduce what she can to the world.
- Serving Arcanos: It could be very well her own idiosyncratic take on how the god is to be revered, but Nita believes her acts of altruism are her way of honoring her patron deity. She no longer really cares for recognition, but it’s good to feel appreciated.
- Destroying the Primordials: Nita wants to finally do away with the extraterrestrial race that destroyed her past life, but unwittingly gave her the powers she now wields.
- Pranking a/many World Leader(s): Will that cause war? Let us all hope not, ha ha.
- Apostacy: Deep down, Nita fears that something might happen to destroy her faith in Arcanos. As it has become a very centering point in her life, she dreads such a possibility.
- Heel Turn: If there is anything Nita fears the most, it is using her power, for any reason, to abuse the defenseless.
- The Primordials: Who would not be scared of insanity-inducing, gigantic-headed (yes, you read that right) extraplanar beings of impenetrable designs?
- Being Powerless: She knows the feeling of not being able to do anything, while everything is taken from you. She never wants to experience it again.
- Anything with an Excessively Large Head: So, unfortunately for Nita, when Primordials attain corporeal form, for some reason, they have massive heads. So there. It’s so bad that Nita is even scared of the costumed mascot things with giant heads.
Height: 5 feet 2 inches
Weight: 52 kg
Hair Color: Golden
Eye Color: Heterochromic: forest green (left) and baby blue (right)
Skin Tone: Fair, freckled
Fortunita’s face is considered by general consensus to be rather beautiful, being soft and oval in shape, and her large eyes, mismatched only in color, lend a surreal, yet striking adjective to her face. Her cheeks and nose have been assailed somewhat vigorously by freckles, but they do nothing to detract from her beauty, even though she wishes her face were clearer. Her nose is small and upturned at the tip, and her lips are full and plump, beyond which are white, well-formed teeth. Her smile has been reputed to stop hearts, both due to the favor or disdain she expresses with it, and she uses it often. Silky, wavy golden hair springs from her crown and while she used to wear it rather long before, she has shorn it to shoulder level. Nita often leaves it free, but may tie it in a ponytail, or use hair clips and hair bands to restrict it minimally, or braid a few locks.
Fortunita’s height is figuratively fitting for her name (Fortunita means ‘little Fortuna’), although this attribute of hers has caused her grief always (she blames her short, but shapely, legs as the culprit of such misfortune). Her redeeming feature, in her own terms, comes from the fact that she has a slender, yet rather well-endowed body, with wide, well-rounded hips. Of note is a prominent, strange tattoo, made of many individual scripts of an unknown language that is located on her upper back, which glows in peculiar situations. General opinion is that she looks soft and cuddly, and everything about her seems small and dainty, even down to her handwriting. She has no interest in divesting people of such opinions of her physical fortitude. Her movements are fluid and femininely graceful, and she walks with a peppy, yet elegant gait, and noticeable yet natural hip sway. Her voice is rather light, yet silvery and throaty, involuntarily threading the line between naughtiness and innocence, an effect further highlighted by her foreign accent. She takes great pains to always smell nice, and her signature scent is a fragrant mix of something subtle yet heady.
As far as clothing goes, Fortunita favors the bold (pun intended), where “bold” is synonymous with risqué. She likes jewelry, and sports two piercings on her right ear, but five on her left, one over her left nostril, and a navel piercing. Her mission gear as Black Maria is a two-piece outfit that leaves her right arm, midriff and thighs bare, along with fingerless gloves and knee-high boots. On casual outings, she favors minidresses with wedge heels. At home, she wears extremely diminutive variations of casual tops and shorts, and undies will do for sleepwear. In any case, her choice of clothing always makes sure she has little to no restriction to movement.
Guild: Luminous Rose
Tattoo: Left shoulder
Tattoo Color: Blue
Faction: Luminous Covenant
Faction Chapter: Bellum
Last edited by Fraag on 24th March 2022, 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total