Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard]

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the First Reaper
    Position : Sinner #5: Wrath
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 225,322.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Reckoning
    Second Skill: Death's Game
    Third Skill:

For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard] Empty For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard]

Post by Raiza 3rd September 2015, 3:02 pm

JOB INFORMATION:

"Harper Goldenshine huh...", the youth's words escaped his lips as he looked over the flyer on the bulletin board. An interesting find really, the job was something the magic counsel themselves were giving out, though Raiza was far from a 'good' mage. Hell, he was taking jobs like this just to go out and kill while doing it legally, well.. at least legal for now(job is done icly prior to my dark assassination job), though oddly enough, this job was assigned for the good or the bad of the world. Did the magic counsel not understand that if a dark mage were to take this, they'd just kill Harper and steal all the treasure for him or herself? It was an interesting concept, stupid but interesting.

"I can go take this just to get a super cool item, then just walk off free without a care in the world" Raiza snickered a bit at the thought. Turning his head towards the tavern's manager. "Oi, may need to put a hold on that room I'm going to rent. I'll be taking this job right here" frankly not caring, though he wondered if anyone else was interested in the job. Just by the sounds of it alone, the job no doubt would be interesting if a second would be taking place or participated in the job. The travel to the ancient ruins sounded like a decent job, and no doubt if they went to these 'ruins' then a lot of force would be awaiting to attack or protect this Harper person. Shame that there would be no surviving hostages for Raiza to bring back. An indication he truly was taking this job for the opportunity of loot and other things.

"Hm, any of you wish to accompany me. I'm sure there is some far valuable loot to raid, It'd be one hell of an experience if any decided to join.", the clear look on Raiza's face showed a great abundance of youthful loot-hunting expression, obviously he wanted to go out to do this just for the loot.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard] YdfXSKP
    Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard] Empty Re: For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard]

Post by Shard 4th September 2015, 12:05 pm

"Promises of loot aren't enough to attract everyone you know." the voice of a young male said. The owner of said figure was a red haired male with golden eyes. His clothes were mostly black, but he had a white piece of cloth bound to his arm. His name was Magna Victus and he was an ace mage of the guild known as Black Rose though he personally preferred to show off with his cooking rather than his prowess with magic. Then again he did use his magic for cooking so perhaps he did like showing off his magic and instead just wasn't a big fan of using it for combat. He had looked at the job earlier and heard that 'the Gem Brothers' had attempted to raid the tombs several times but had always been beaten back by mage's after loot. Due to the vast wealth of the tombs they had never fully been emptied and more and more caverns seemed to be found each time someone went down there. There was something almost odd about that. Almost as if the ruins were in a permanent loop and the only difference was what mage's dealt with Goldshine and his boys. Peculiar.

What had particularly interested him about the job is that he'd heard one of the old wizard saints was himself a very skilled cook and there might be some of his legendary golden cookware down there or even one of his lost recipe books. All of that interested him as potential rewards, but even if he didn't get them he couldn't let people use such ancient relics for greed. They should be used to benefit the world. "Though if you need someone to tag along with you those ruins have caught my eye as well. The name's Magna Victus. I'm with Black Rose." he added as he extended a hand towards the man. He may or may not have heard of Magna. Perhaps as a mage or perhaps as a cook as he was also the current reigning Iron Chef.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard] HqzsHuT
    Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard] Empty Re: For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard]

Post by Raiza 4th September 2015, 2:39 pm

His dark crimson eyes shifted towards the voice that spoke up above all others, in fact it was the only voice that spoke up at all, perhaps this was just Raiza's goal was for loot, though listening to the man's words and subtle introduction only made Raiza wonder why people took the time out to sit and introduce themselves every time. Did no one care about secrecy? Who was the black rose anyways? Though Raiza once studied a lot of the guilds, he must have simply forgotten who or what the black rose were. Though he didn't bat an eye in the direction of worry, he instead turned towards the paper silently reading a few words of information.

"I see, well then. Magna, my name is Raiza. I rather not disclose my guild at the moment", his entire concern at this point went out the window now that he had a potential ally in this. A suitable partner in all this, especially if the rumors were true about those wizard saints having some really amazing gear. He knew some rumors stated they had the stuff of legends, while to Raiza, he knew they all had a potentially dangerous to wield item. One that Raiza was looking forward to grabbing up was perhaps one of their amazing blades, that was if he could locate them, that or perhaps their magic rings or necklaces. oooh it sounded just way too good to pass up. Though if any item above all else stuck out to him, it would no doubt be the the slayer sabers(yeah I know I can't get one this way). Though to each their own as he knew he'd possibly know what to go after when he actually got there.

"Alright though, I think just the two of us would work, no one else speaks up, so want to head out right away, or set up prior to going?", it was apparent Raiza didn't lack caution on this kind of mission, it was all in all, the fact Raiza needed to be at least prepared somewhat to something like this, one thing he just may not be prepared for just yet unless he took the time to make sure everything set in the right spot.

Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 5th September 2015, 1:29 am

Magna did not care about disclosing his guild. Nor did he care that this person didn't. People were allowed their secrets. He had many of his own and being a member of a guild wasn't one. Perhaps if he was a dark guilder he might try to keep his identity secret, but he wasn't. He was a member of an independent guild. "You can prepare as much as you like. I'm ready whenever you are." Magna said truthfully. Magna was a chef and a good one at that. He was also a mage and as such he was always prepared for the situation of a sudden job. It was probably because Jin or the other members of Kvasir tended to just come spring jobs on him. He'd adapted like any good chef to a situation and was now used to it. He had his collapsible chef hat in his pocket and he had his most prized possession the Knife of Victus at his waist. There was nothing else he needed. He could summon up other supplies when necessary.

Today's task was probably going to be one of the hardest he had faced. He wasn't exactly an expert when it came to ruins and those kind of things. Still, it would be a learning experience and one he felt would be useful. Especially if he found what he was hoping to find in those ruins. He would be ready whenever this Raiza was.

"How do you want to head to the ruins? On foot? Or shall we hire out a carriage?" Magna asked. The latter would likely be quicker, much quicker, but the former would be stealthier. "Or perhaps we should just hire some horses?" That would be even quicker and if they were careful could be almost as stealthy as going on foot. They'd just have to tie up the horses before they got too close so that they could sneak up and surprise these 'Gem Brothers'

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 5th September 2015, 6:35 pm

ready when ever? While the concept was good, was anyone really always ready for every single situation? Raiza's thought process eliminated the careless and reckless pride filled 'I'm always ready' thought and knew something would always need to be shifted. Hell he wasn't the greatest of theives, nor the greatest of killers, a jack in both made him require preparation before anything else.

"I see, well if you're already prepared, I'd suspect you already know the layout of those ruins? Perhaps you know how many if any at all does he have guards? other treasure hunters as aids to defend and protect him? What about personal security and magic levels?" the questions imposed before asked about the method of travel. Carriage would be nice, less work, could saddle up a few things in the back, better provisions, while just renting out a few horses sounded much better. The travel to these ruins were actually so much more dangerous if they didn't go with stealth, so by simple horseback it was.

"lets rent out a couple horses, but make sure to saddle up some provisions, not just for us but for them. Rather not have our ride give up because of lack of food or water. We may also need to think of a way back in case shit goes south. "
    , quick, efficient and stealthy if they played their cards right. Though something that Raiza didn't even ask yet was the location. He knew it was in some ancient ruins.

"Where exactly are these ruins the wanted paper is suggesting by the way?"curious as he looked it over again, it had not mentioned anything except that it was one that had the saints. This obviously meant it was a well known ruin or possible well known. Not having studied this since he arrived in this universe, Raiza had a bit of trouble figuring it all out. Though none the less, this at least meant he could learn a bit from the partner to be in this ordeal. It would allow shared knowledge, and to teach that not everyone is always so ready. Then again, Raiza was 'getting ready' by asking such a question anyway.

"Also, lets talk on the move, I know a stable is near by that could let us rent a few horses", his immediate though on that was to turn towards the door and begin heading out, hopefully with Magna following behind to head towards the stables.

The brisk warm air that hit Raiza as he opened the door was just a constant reminder of the more harsh air they were dealing with around these parts. Not too desert like, but not cold either. The air itself was just full on pollen from the nearby forest, while a vast desert also laid close by that cause a stinging warmth too. The ruins could truly be in any number of biomes that laid near by.

5/40

Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 6th September 2015, 5:15 am

The mage known as Raiza had a fair point. They didn't know the amount of people this man had or the layout of the ruins nor what they were capable of. However, that was not something they could find out without spending a large amount of time. "Perhaps we don't know all the details, but we don't have time to find out. Looks like in this recipe we'll have to deal with a few mystery ingredients." he said as he followed Raiza out towards the stables that he too knew of. Horses likely was the best choice, but they didn't need food or water provisions. Not with Magna around. "No need to bring food or drinks." he said and conjured up bottle of water as an example. "My magic revolves around cooking and lets me bring ingredients and tools to me requip stle."

He considered the question about the location of the ruins as the horses were saddled up and prepared for the journey. There were many 'ancient ruins' but only a few were directly associated with the Wizard Saints. "Based on rumours its the ruins on the other side of the mountains near the mountain village. Its a bit of a trek, but if we get going we should be there by nightfall." Magna said as he got onto his horse. It was a sandy coloured mare. It should blend in quite nicely to the terrain near the mountains or so he thought. "The ruins actually extend under the mountains if I remember correctly so its a pretty big ruin...its likely why the Gem Brothers haven't found the treasure ages ago." He slowly lead the horse outside and waited for Raiza to come out.

"What sort of magic do you use? Best to let eachother know what we can do so we can work together better." This was something he had learned on other jobs. Not knowing what an ally was capable of could lead to disaster as you couldn't work as well together.

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 6th September 2015, 12:10 pm

'food magic?', Raiza questioned thinking to himself about the possibility of that coming in handy. Then again, he had his own food like magic too, though it wasn't nearly as good or easily made like the guy in front of him did. In fact, no doubt in time, his food like magic will ssoon just become out-dated and over-rated to the point people like the man in front of Raiza would just scoff at that. Best to keep that little magic secret, no need for the person in front of him to try and out do him in that magic, then again it wouldn't be hard to. Raiza only had one food like spell, and it required to be charged or it tasted like military rations.

Thinking about the approach from such a place, a mountain village ruins meant that they may see the two of them coming, but it was a risk Raiza was willing to take in order to get past it all and reach their destination. even after saddling up on his black colored horse, Raiza sighed when asked about his magic. Last time he was exposing his magic around like that made him realize exactly why he didn't do such a thing. "I suppose I can tell you, but you'd have a hard time understanding it" his words showed a lack of care to try and explain it in depth, but instead he would try anyways. "imagine you are inside a video game right now. My magic revolves around that. I am a mage that uses a holder weapon, a gunblade. Capable of close and long range combat with the gunblade as I'm able to shoot or use the blade. I have various spells that revolve around being in a game as well" , though he didn't explain what his spells were just yet, no need to exactly, especially since by now it wasn't needed anymore to explain every single one.

Though something to note would be alot of his magical presence radiated from his right arm, as if thats where a huge source of it was from his holder item, the console key. "What about you? All of your magic revolves around food right?" the innocent question just meant to try and even out some of the information being shared as he motioned his horse to begin moving forward slowly until they began to pick up some decent speed together, no need to tire the animals out, and besides it'd be nice to get some conversation going prior to speeding up anyways.

7/40

Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 6th September 2015, 12:30 pm

Video game magic. Now that would certainly interest Jin. It was a magic Magna had never heard of, nor anything like it, and he doubted Jin had either. It made Magna curious and he was only really interested so he knew what ingredients he would have to work with on this job or at least that had been it initially. Now he was really interested. A magic connosieur like Jin would probably try to get every detail possible out of this magic. "Well food is one way of thinking about it, but its more to do with cooking techniques." he said and considered how best to explain without going into too much details. "For example, a useful cooking technique is to use a mallet to tenderize meat. I can create a large hammer to hit an opponent effectively 'tenderizing them'. I could combine that with a fire based spell in order to burn them at the same time." To some people some of his techniques might seem cruel but they were mere extensions of his personality, the chef within his heart. "Like you I can fight at close or distance combat though I'm not exactly the best at taking hits. So I try to keep the battle distanced."

The two horses began to pick up some speed across the ground as they headed towards the location. "My magic is really an embodiment of me. I'm a cook by trade. My magic evolved from that and its pretty versatile just like cooking." Magna said as to make conversation on the way as they had quite a long way to go. "So do you play a lot of games? Or make games or something like that?" He wondered if it was true. Some people's magic didn't seem to relate to them that much, but others did. He did have some mild interest in magic. Not the same as Jin, but still a mild interest. Especially when it was such an odd magic.

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 6th September 2015, 1:06 pm

Listening to his partner's magic details, so they were a requip mage in a way? Summoning up a hammer, and imbuing it with fire meant that Raiza wasn't as far off from it than he thought. Truth be told, that meant this guy was no doubt a master of something Raiza was simple a jack of all on. It was to be expected after all, he wan't able to master things like that, when he was truly just more versatile. Though none the less he kept listening to the man's words as the pair began to speed up even slightly heading towards the mountains that were a large distance away. "Fortunatly for you, In a lot of games i played, I was always known as a Berserk tank. I took on the typical fodder, and was able to deal a lot of damage. Though obviously the rogues and hunters typically would out damage me, but I am not squishy like they were. So this play style I went to develop in this world too. I've got a bit of defensive measures, and while I'm not the fastest, I can duel wield fairly well. You'd have to see me in action to get a better understanding of how I play out. ", trying to explain his fighting style was hard. He was a hard hitter, or at least he considdered himself to be, especially when he charged his gunblade up and either became a sniper or an assaulter, while he put up shields and defenses, especially with his necklace of warding.

"I guess the best way to explain it, is I'm a great role filler in games, and since I enjoyed that in games, Its translated here. I'm fully capable of stealth or going loud. I can range over 100 meters fairly easily, or go extremely hand to hand close with my blade. Hence the benefit of  the gunblade. Though I can also say i've worked on my defenses. Kind of had to since I was typically always alone." though when asked about playing a lot of games he chuckled, played a lot? That was an understatement. Though he hasn't played one for many years, since he was ripped from his universe and put in this game he hadn't had the chance to pick up a game, but then again... he was playing one right now wasn't he?

"you can say I'm playing a game right now, I wasn't the best of the best, but I was always on some of the higher leaderboards, I dedicated a lot to games, and now if you put it in a metaphorical sense, I'm making a game right now." , which he wasn't far off now was he? Though he had no true memory of prior to his 16th year, he had knowledge of his gamings, and right now, with his belief that he may still be playing a game universe, he was playing his life, and thus making a game, even though it was just a portion of one. "So what about you? Cook a lot? Like to cook or do you make new recipes for others to follow you and cook?"

9/40

Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 6th September 2015, 1:30 pm

So he treated the world, metaphorically, like a game. What's more he was useful in multiple roles suggesting a jack of all trades sort of thing. It could be useful especially with just the two of them on the job. In a way he supposed he was a jack of all trades in some ways as his magic didn't have too great a focus on damage dealing or healing or protecting. No it was a real mixed bag of tricks. "I've been cooking for as long as I can remember. Its my reason to exist. Some people need stuff cooked so they can live. Well I need to cook so I can live. Without cooking, I don't know what i'd be." he said with a shrug and a bit of a grin. "A little while back I got named as the Iron Chef in a competition at a pretty big restaurant called Shuffle. Back at the guild hall I work in the kitchens or behind the bar." He thought for a moment and then decided to reveal a little bit more about himself. "Truthfully, i'd rather spend my time cooking then going on jobs like this, but I need the money to get more ingredients and some ingredients can only be got if harvested properly and that involves going into a lot of dangerous environments."

"So to use game terminology these jobs are more like side quests to me to gain a bit of extra money and experience." he said and rubbed a hand through his messy red hair as he decided to reveal even more about himself. The more they knew about eachother the better they would work together or so he hoped. That's how it was with cooking. If he knew a particular ingredient's properties well then he could bring the most out of it. Its why he often experimented in his kitchen making multiple almost identical dishes trying to bring out the best of every ingredient. "One day i'd like to open up my own restaurant and be able to afford to hire people to go on these jobs. Though I think even then i'd go on journies every now and then to experience new tastes and new experiences that I can express through my cooking." There was a slight reddish gleam to his golden eyes as he spoke so seriously about his dreams for the future. When he got fully serious his eyes would become a deep red and also become slightly more monkey like in appearence. This was because of another secret he had and one he wouldn't share just yet because there was no real need to do so.

"Just so you know, you won't have to do all the close up fighting, my kitchen knife houses the spirit of a powerful living armor known as Aegis. He's pretty handy in a close up fight and can take a few blows." he said in order to reveal another aspect of his fighting. In battle he tended to rely on Aegis or his allies for the close up combat whilst he supported with ranged attacks or crowd control abilities. Recently though he'd been trying to up his combat a bit so he could do some more and not have to always rely on people all the time. "I'll keep him in reserve though to catch these gem brothers off guard. Always good to have at least one secret ingredient in a recipe."

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 6th September 2015, 5:00 pm

Nodding his head to the example he was given about a side quest. Though sure it could be considered that but guess Raiza didn't explain things correctly or well enough. "I should explain things better...", turning his arm over to reveal what looked like a simple key tattoo on his wrist, hidden unless revealed it looked like it was glowing softly almost holding in his gunblade inside the tattoo ready to summon it up at the moment's notice, it was in all essence the reason Raiza kept it like that, just to throw others off. Though there was more than just that purpose of why he revealed it now. "I can try to explain it by saying I see health bars above us, and what we can call a mana level, based on how much magical reserve we both have left. I can see things such as that which I'm sorry if its hard to explain. I feel like some times I didn't belong here, and my magic simply progressed through my feelings, developing to be based in a game. Weather we are or not is unsure, anything is possible, but I treat this land as if we're in a game reality. Meaning a life is a life, yet game mechanics exist."

Trying to explain this was annoyingly hard. Then again, why explain it at all? He didn't trust this black rose guild member that much, but at the same time he didn't have any lack of trust. It was the extreme odd thing to be precise that he just at times, felt the lack there of when it came to certain aspects. Such as he was guildless right now, though after this job he was going to be heading towards the capital, heard there was some high payers there for other kind of sellsword jobs.

"I guess this would be just a quest, neither side nor main for me. See there is no true main quest for my life, I'm just a sellsword right now. My blade goes to the highest buyer most of the time, just trying to make a living since I left my old master, I've fended for myself, and learned how to become better by myself. Kinda rough but you know, jobs like this? Its how I survived.", though the sun began it's descent from the high noon, it only symbolized their journey to the ruins had just began. It'd be dark in a few hours, and that gave the pair quite enough time to discuss plots and plans. "Can't say my companion will be as great as yours I have no clue. He is a D-class knight, I can access him through a summoning method using my magic to access system files."

11/40

Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 12th September 2015, 3:41 am

Health bars? Mana levels? That sounded pretty useful if he was honest. Magna wondered if he could do that to enemies as well or how it worked exactly. It was pretty weird, but also pretty damn cool. However, what he said was perhaps more interesting. He treated the whole world as if it was just a game? So did that mean he didn't care about the lives of others because they were just 'characters' in a game to him? No wait he mentioned that a life was a life. So he did value life or at least care? He did mention being a sellsword which meant he sold his sword for money and would do whatever it took. He did what the highest bidder told him. Perhaps because he liked money?

"Well your magic sounds interesting. Can't wait to see it in action." Magna said decided to ignore the issue of exactly what motivated this Raiza and how he treated people for later. It wasn't important for now. Besides, with Aegis by his side he was sure he could stop any unnecessary loss of life. He tried to work out exactly how far it would be until they got to the destination. By his estimate it was at least a couple of hours. However, what exactly could they do plan wise without knowing the layout of the ruins. He'd seen it and heard of it but didn't know exactly the layout. It would be quite difficult.

"I suggest we drop the horses when we get close and then sneak in on foot, suppress our magic power as much as possible. " he said as an option for how they could process. "We find out where they are and then try to work out the best way to strike. What do you think?" It was just one idea for how they could proceed. "And if we don't bump into them we could try and map out the area as we go. Might be worth a bit to the magic council."

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 12th September 2015, 6:21 am

No lie, Raiza wanted to see this cooking magic in action, in a way, Raiza was sadistically hoping to see the person he was conversing with cook and fry up some bad guys, turn them into french guys(fries), and start to eat them or something morbid and twisted like that. It would be rather hilarious actually all because that just simply thats just a taste of the person Raiza was slowly becoming. Though one thing was for sure, he the money was not just the only thing that motivated him here. The loot in general was too, oh and to hear the pain filled cries of his foes as they fell. That or just watch the bodies fall limp to his bullets.

"Same with your magic. Can't wait to see it either", then again maybe Raiza was just 'over hopeful' to see some people torched under a flaming meat tenderizer screaming for help as they're baked from the outside in. Though one thing was for sure, regardless if he got to see it or not. This person before him would soon witness exactly how twisted Raiza was starting to become...

"Agreed, horses now would cause too much noise. best leave them with some sort of nourishment or they'll start to get loud though.", though not too sure in exactly the lay out, let alone what if they were already discovered? Which was actually a possibility, but then again, Raiza himself wasn't an extremely high mage yet, he just knew how to use his spells effectively. "Alright, power is suppressed" not exactly...great or sure on how to do that, he only simply tried to pool his magic into a source within himself, constricting it to a metaphorical ball to prevent it from getting out of his body to be sensed at all. Even while doing this he was trying to sense others around him.

"Magna, let me straighten one thing out for you. I'm not doing this for that magic counsel...and it'd be nothing to be hired when I'm much stronger to go kill those over glorified ass holes anyways. If you wish for us to map out the area for them. I'll not disagree, but at the same time, I'm here for the loot. I told you a life is a life, but that doesn't mean I care"
    . Trying to be blunt but semi-nice to his partner whom just suggested they map out the area as they go. Though he was still pondering on how to proceed with their next course of action.

"Well, if I was them... i'd have a patrol route. We can take this nice and slow, take them by surprise by monitoring any form of patrol routes, get the higher ground on them, less encounters means a higher chance to get to our target destination. Besides, we may be able to learn the way down through the ruins if we are patient. Though I can already tell you're the stronger mage just sensing you tells me that much. So ultimately the decision is yours"

13/40

Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 12th September 2015, 7:27 am

His ability to compress magic wasn't that refined and nor was Raiza's really. They both managed to compress it to some extent, but anyone actively searching for magic power would likely find them. However, they would think them a lot weaker then they actually were which gave them an edge. Magna's eyes narrowed as he heard the words that Raiza spoke. He would honestly willingly kill the magic council if he was hired to? So it was true, for him it was all about the profits. He cared nothing for lives even if he understood that a life was a life. It was at this point that Magna decided he really didn't like this guy. Magna wouldn't kill unless it was for ingredients or unless he was truly forced. To kill people like the magic council for money? No, that was going too far. He didn't even plan to kill or seriously injure the people they might go up against on this job. No, he planned to just incapacitate them.

"Getting up high sounds like a good idea." he said nodding as they got off the horses. Magna snapped his fingers and summoned up some feed sacks for the horses which he tied around their mouths before tying the horses to some trees. It was quite a good idea to not have the horses wander about. That might reveal them. "Perhaps we can scout out the area from that outcrop over there." he said indicating an overhang that should be situated above the ruins to some extent and thus give them a good viewpoint. "The map might also be useful to sell to people who might want to come explore the ruins."

"Plus we can use it to map out their patrols and times and such. SHould make this recipe less a chance of being a disaster." Magna said as an added suggestion taking Raiza's idea and building on it somewhat. It wasn't a perfect plan, but at least they could get an idea. "Plus it would be good to gauge an idea of their numbers."

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 12th September 2015, 1:45 pm

Hopping off of his horse, the youth let out a snide grin while looking away and up towards the mountains. 'there, told him what he no doubt wanted to hear from me. I mean the guild black rose sounds evil right? I've got no clue on their alignment, but eh... while I doubt I'd attack the magic counsel, now he knows I'm at least not hesitant in killing, it might at least provide a barrier to prevent any provoked turn ons.' Raiza's own thoughts trailed off as he thought of even the possibility of trying to sell the map they would make.

Then again, with the other possibilities that were here, Raiza decided to play the next chess piece in this game. Move his knight to the flank, or in other words, make sure he had a second option in all this. Though he wasn't going to confront it just yet, instead keep it reserved and nod in agreement to his partner's words. "Fair enough. That way we can avoid as many encounters as possible as well. I rather not have to fight just yet. Just because I can be hired to do something doesn't mean I want to." finally though Raiza tightened a few buckles on his armor, along with the pouch that contained his throwing knives. "what about you...other than cooking, what is your morals like?" only slightly curious as he began to walk forward, treading fairly carefully as he did, and keeping an eye on his surroundings, more so though he was trying to sense if anyone was near by.

"By the way... life or a video game, typically scouts exist, so I wonder if they have any scouts near by. I know you have the stronger magical aura than me, so perhaps you can sense further than me. Anything? It'll allow us to get the initiative while getting closer so we can actually map."

Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 13th September 2015, 1:37 pm

"Life is precious. I only kill for ingredients and then only enough for the recipe. If the creature is endangered I don't fight it. The only time I kill other than that is when I don't have a choice." he said and in truth it was a bit of an idealistic view on the world. However, he was fifteen. Yet, he had also been through a lot in his short life. Enough to know the value of life. This was said as the two of them advanced to higher ground moving stealthily as possible. As he moved Magna tried something that he wasn't particularly skilled at, but might be useful. It was the exact thing Raiza had mentioned. The mage's sixth sense. The ability to detect a magic aura. It wasn't something he was that practised in, but he'd begun to use it more and more on jobs. It seemed though that since he gained his status as an ace that this skill became a bit easier. Perhaps when he became a dryad and unlocked his inner animal spirits he gained more than just changes in his appearance. He gained an enhancement in senses.

In order to focus further he closed his eyes and tried to shut down all of his senses. The less he could sense with the base five senses the stronger his magical sense would be or so he hoped. "There are a few faint magical auras, but I can't pinpoint them precisely." he said with a slight note of shame in his tone. He really wasn't that skilled at this sort of thing. Perhaps he could devise some sort of spell for it in the future? He began to move closer staying low and staying as quiet as possible. The closer he got the easier it would be to sense a target, but the harder it would be to remain undetected. They had no choice though. He wished Jin or Kaya were here. There abilities would be really useful at this point in time. "Can you see any health bars or anything?"

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 13th September 2015, 9:39 pm

(place holder post to roll so we see what we're encountering)

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 13th September 2015, 9:39 pm

The member 'Raiza' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard] WeakMonster
    Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 13th September 2015, 9:53 pm

Thinking back on all the encounters he ever had, it was always an empty bar above everyone's head that he saw. No hp line or mana line like he saw for himself, sadly this indicated he had the potential...some day(B-rank when I give myself that ability on the H.U.D), though for now he still had to shake his head. "Sorry, I can see the bars above your head, just... the numbers are unreadable right now. The magic is too complex for me right now.", keeping his body low with Magna and slowly inching their way closer, the aura only began to be vaguely appear to Raiza, but he assumed his partner would be able to sense them better.

However at the range they were all, the youth would peek past a bush to notice three bars underneath the three figures, hardly even suited for combat other than the blades, but they seemed so weak it had to be a patrol party defiantly besides they didn't sense Raiza or Magna yet just by their actions as they didn't seem to agitated at all. "Three of them, only apparent weapon is a sword on each of them, very low magical aura on them, I'd say they're no more skilled than a D-class with magic, but those blades look fairly well made. Their bars above their heads are small, even if I cannot see their hp, I can tell they at most have roughly a small fraction more than a D-class mage(120hp since they take 2 b-ranks to kill) though as i've learned...no damage is set in stone, a decapitation is still an instant kill obviously. Though... I rather not end our partnership here just yet, so your call on how we engage, or if we engage." pondering the thought as he began to dip his hand into the pouch on his left leg. Maybe, just maybe he'd get a poison knife placed strategically, especially since his partner no doubt wouldn't be able to tell if his knives were poisoned or not.

Though he didn't grab any yet, he did keep his hand near by the pouch, ready to grab and throw. "of course, we can also try to interrogate one if you'd wish. Though... my methods of interrogation may be too hard for you to watch." Still thinking about the one person he interrogated before by slowly cutting into them while drowning them. Pain then slowly depriving them of precious oxygen made a lovely interrogation method.

17/40

Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 18th September 2015, 12:52 pm

It seemed that there were some enemies ahead as Magna had sensed and what's more his ally for this particular job could see health bars but not the values. What's more they were armed with just swords and likely didn't have too much magic. That matched with what he sensed. He'd been worried it was his poor sixth sense that had shown them as weak as they were. There was one option he had which could take them all out straight away without alerting anyone else, but it was a pretty powerful spell and he didn't want to waste it so early. What would Jin do in this respect? He wasn't the type to engage in fights that he didn't need to. Magna summoned up a bit of paper and a pen. Not stuff he used much with cooking but he did write down recipes quite a bit. With this he began to draw out the map he had seen so far and the positions of the men. He could now just about see them and it seemed they were talking rather than patrolling. He kept watching for a while and then they began to move.

"I think its best we just sneak in for now." Magna said as he slowly edged forward. "But keep an eye out for those men and any others. If we can get in and beat the big ones...then we won't have to hurt the weak ones and can use our full strength against the stronger ones." He continued to walk edged forward slowly trying to look out for more men. They didn't have to fight and defeat everyone. They just had to stop these guys getting the treasure. "Cut off the head and the body will die, cut the body and the snake will swallow you whole." he mused to himself just loud enough for Raiza to hear.

In truth, he had chosen this path for two reasons. The first was that he didn't like fighting and the second was he didn't like unnecessary death. Raiza seemed the type who would kill without thought of another path and his talks of interrogation worried him. Magna would have to keep his eyes open. He wished he had Jin here to watch his back or even Rei or Iza.

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 18th September 2015, 11:24 pm

This entire time, Raiza was not just talking with Magna, but studying the reactions and how they would proceed. It worked perfectly to his own gain after all, with such a partner like this that meant they were already not the best at cooperation, the tension was obvious but yet the discipline showed neither wished to ruin the chance to complete this mission at hand. Though what gave Raiza more reason to be on edge was the words Magna had spoke. Don't worry about the weak ones? Even an army of ants can do wonders, take these out and thats a few less they wouldn't even need to worry about right now. Though it was a shame really. In all reality Raiza felt he could easily take a prone position, and snipe the targets without a second thought. However it was more than obvious to him that this man before him had no interest in harming them. Shame, but it couldn't be helped

"Agreed" Raiza finally spoke up, pausing briefly. "Petty squabble like that has no reason to be engaged, but remember...there is always more than one snake to behead". It was symbolic to represent that Raiza understood they needed to conserve strength for the main person they were going after, but at the same time, he also showed that he knew and was alert that if they had one patrol unit, they must have had multiple others around the area, defiantly ready to strike, and if not then obviously there were at least guards around too. Which an escaped sigh from his lips as he got up and looked towards the ranges more. "Lets keep going then, keep an eye out with that sensory of yours. You'll be able to detect any others. I'll try to sense too, but mine isn't going to be as strong as yours."

19/40

Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 19th September 2015, 5:17 am

"Agreed, but we still need to be careful. Don't want to cause a ruckus" Based on Raiza's words it seemed that he thought that the other patrols might become a problem and that was true. It would be good to take down all of the guards and patrols then strike at the main target. However, taking these out without raising an alarm or wasting magic power just wasn't likely unless Raiza had some spells Magna was not aware of. Magna knew his own magic wasn't enough to one shot these guys easily. However, if a fight happened he had a few ways to bring them down. "I have a spell that can probably take down most of the guards non-lethally should they attack us or at least weaken them making them easier to bring down. If I say the word's King Sleep Fragrance make sure you don't breathe in the smoke I make." This was a warning of a spell he had. IT was a powerful sleeping agent extracted from many herbs and other ingredients designed to introduce sleep. He used small fractions of it in 'night cap' dishes and drinks to help people sleep. However, it also had combat applications in large amounts.

"From the description on the job the head of these 'Gem Brothers' is pretty powerful. Much stronger than me or you. It would be best to catch him off guard so we can do some damage before he can strike back." Magna said. He didn't like being sneaky. IT seemed cowardly, but he was also smart and knew that he probably wasn't strong enough or skilled enough to fight the head of the Gem Brothers head on. So he'd use stealth and brains to bring him down.

The two slowly proceeded and whilst there were magic signatures there weren't any close enough to be a threat yet and they actually managed to get into the ruins properly. In such enclosed spaces there were plenty of places to hide and lots of shadows to make that easier.

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 20th September 2015, 9:42 am

Nodding to Magna's words about keeping it stealty. How exactly did he plan to do that anyways? Not like Raiza could exactly just pull out of his hat some form of super long range artillery firing technique. Quite the bummer when he thought about it really. All his power was close to mid-range and typically the only spell in his arsenal was a partial invisibility spell, not exactly one that he was able to take too much pride in when push came to shove anyways. "Well I do not exactly have some amazing way to take them by surprise, nor do we have the time to bullshit test out an unison raid spell. So what kind of 'by surprise' kind of ambush do you expect us to perform?, the thoughts of the various spells he did have in mind were mainly for alert combat, not stealth combat. Besides even if he could do some stealth combat...why do that at all? In his mind, these 'gem brothers' needed to just die and get out of his hair so the rare loot would be his own.

Though the most pressing matter on Raiza's mind was the layout of these ruins. They were in quite the enclosed area making combat in general a lot more different. For starters with fire magic it could heat the area up and consume the oxygen unless they were in more of an open area. However what got Raiza the most was explosive magic, much like his favorite game enchantment. Explosions were just too dangerous in these tight quarters and if any enemy had them, then that'd be something of a hellish fight to endure. "I guess there is no choice on this one." , unfortunately he wanted to conserve the use of his pet, it would have been a great surprise in the hole, but unfortunately for now it was going to be used for some espionage.

Extending his right hand out, a wisp would appear as a soft glowing ball. Though the glow was kept minimal and almost as if it didn't illuminate anyhting but instead the light was its own body. "Go, scour the ruins and report back the stronger energy signatures you can find. Be safe" , upon that order, the wisp would dive into the earth and through the walls flying away to scout out for him.

21/40

Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 28th September 2015, 12:05 pm

"We don't need anything major. The right ingredient at the right time is often the key." he said though Raiza had quite a good point. He himself didn't exactly have many ranged attacks and those he did weren't exactly assasination techniques. In fact, he didn't really have any techniques designed to kill. "Perhaps if we trap him briefly and then take a few shots to weaken him. I should be able to trap them for a few seconds." That was his best idea. It was either that or do a single attack and hope it worked to bring the guy down. Magna wasn't that confident in his abilities to believe that would work. However, he had been experimenting in combining his spells recently and he had a few that might even be classed as spells beyond that of a B rank mage. They were stronger than stuff he'd seen Jin use for example. Perhaps one of them could work. He even had a trap spell of that power. It could work. He could see the ingredients falling into place. Now all he had to do was cook them together.

A small orb of light seemed to appear out of nothing as Raiza extended his right hand. The light didn't seem to illuminate anything, which was odd, but it appeared to have some kind of conciousness as it was given an order and floated off. It seemed that Raiza did have a way to scout things out. If it wasn't detected then that would be a great way to scout. He wondered if it could talk or if there was some other way of communication. He held his tongue and his curiousity for the time being and continued forward, but suddenly stopped extending out his arm to stop Raiza.

A magic aura was nearby. One he hadn't picked up till now. His concentration must of lapsed as he got distracted by the wisp. It wasn't just a single aura. "Five." he whispered barely audible. That was unfortunate to say the least.

Last edited by Shard on 28th September 2015, 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 28th September 2015, 12:05 pm

The member 'Shard' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    For glory or is this for Fortune[Job - Shard] NormalMonster

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 10:07 am