Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Rune Knights Protest?!

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Position : None
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plague Craft
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Rune Knights Protest?!  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rune Knights Protest?!

Post by Godlike Frederik 29th June 2016, 1:20 am

Instead of the entire discussion of how and why Rune Knights should given a second chance, or not. Let's try too look at the whole picture. A site like ours have a big community, and with all communities there are sometimes changes. May it be PvP, failed invasion system or in this case the trimming down of to many groups. Sometimes the old need to make place for the new. And just incase someone is going to yell ''yeah but you don't get your faction taken away''. I have the same look on Savage Skull my guild, which I have joined since the moment I joined this site. And have build it up ever since. It's one of the oldest custom guild around and I love it regardless else I wouldn't have stayed. But let me be honest here, if it came down to either cutting away younger guilds that haven't had the chance or an older guild that technically has one member more then the set requirement to stay alive. I'd rather have one of the younger guilds stay and try their luck.

Also, does it mean that when a guild/faction is gone. It's entirely IC gone? No. Like said before you can always create one when you have enough jewels. Or just make a team of guildless mages and portray as if you were members of such a guild. Factions and guilds are basically just groups were people are mashed together. Sure the groups have more benefits then a ragtag collection of mages, but nevertheless the title such as Rune Knights can be sticked on anything if you want to.

Sure on how this went down was rather fast and harshly, but to be honest it is the only way it works. Else it would only be dragged along, and then with every deadline someone would oppose. Sure maybe a personal message to the few members would have been more polite. (or at least thats how I would want it go), but let's be honest. Regardless of how this was done, you would oppose anyway.

Lastly, a bit off topic. I saw the invasion thing coming up in an earlier post. I have said it before, don't go with the entire ''darks wanted this'' its not true. The staff, or better yet I wanted it back then after reading it in the suggestions area. And used it as a try out system for dark mages only in the beginning. Later this came to be a two way street, for legal, knights and darks as well. And later on it became clear that it failed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 29th June 2016, 1:23 am

I don't see how having five or even a hundred factions is any different. 
    If we want to promote interaction then introduce an alliance system...and then maybe in the future guilds in an alliance might decide to merge so you get two or more smallish guilds become one big guild. Ya know...promote interaction between guilds as currently with how the sites systems work it only promotes interaction with your guild and so people will sequester themselves within their guilds for benefits....

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Rune Knights Protest?!  - Page 2 Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

The Rune Knights Protest?!  - Page 2 Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

The Rune Knights Protest?!  - Page 2 Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 29th June 2016, 1:26 am

And with a guild coming to a close, they could easily, ICly, "merge" with the surviving guild.
    Having too many guilds spreads the population too thin. I believe the site would be better off with a more concentrated group of guilds where people have more people to interact with than a large number of guilds with only 1 or 2 others to interact with. It would be healthier for the site and allows more interaction among players.

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Ravana
    Ravana

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Frostfire
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Dragon's Bane Sword of Flame
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ravana 29th June 2016, 1:26 am

Speed Demon Zack wrote:I don't see how having five or even a hundred factions is any different. 
    If we want to promote interaction then introduce an alliance system...and then maybe in the future guilds in an alliance might decide to merge so you get two or more smallish guilds become one big guild. Ya know...promote interaction between guilds as currently with how the sites systems work it only promotes interaction with your guild and so people will sequester themselves within their guilds for benefits....

You say it doesn't matter, but it really does. Hard to have any impact-full interaction when there is just one guildmaster and a D rank member.

I like the idea of a revamp to the alliance system, maybe with more benefits to the whole guild participating.. maybe like alliance exp bonus on jobs? like a small bit maybe? just so players can go on jobs with other players in alliance and have a bit of a bonus to the interaction.

Just an idea *prepares for skewering*

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 29th June 2016, 1:38 am

If we had alliances and stuff to encourage interaction between guilds then the population isn't spread between guilds...but between alliances. It encourages interaction between members of other guilds, it encourages plot potentially, it would also mean that even if a guild had three members they could still be rping with a majority of the site.

One of the biggest issues though isn't the number of guilds, but the number of guilds that seem either generic or the same as other guilds. It also helps if the guildmaster and/or aces are active so that they can drive the guilds development otherwise no matter how big the guild is...it will stagnate.

However, guild population, like an economy fluctuates. 

I feel that if we are going to shut down a guild there should be a one month warning basically 'Ok guys, you've had your chance and you're still really inactive. We're gonna give you a month to plot your way out of the guild so that your guild just suddenly doesn't exist'

HEck, for the legals have a magic council member deliver a letter saying t hat the guild hasn't been able to pay its rates due to the lack of members or something.... Heck you could even do the guild system like that. 

Have a 'guild rates' system in place that the guilds have to pay in order to remain an official guild. If they can't pay then they lose registration as a guild or something. It would give jewels another purpose as its so easy to get to a state where they become pointless and thus jobs feel pointless.

-------------------------------------

Another thing, these changes do potentially causes a conflict. I have a guildless mage right now. Say savage skull was shut down and so Rosetta becomes guildless. Immediately, i'd be in violation of the rules because I have two guildless mages. 

Is that fair? That suddenly I break the rules through something that isn't my fault?

Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Ravana
    Ravana

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ravana 29th June 2016, 1:40 am

Lol come on, lets be real. Guilds that mimic each other are pretty much created cause one person couldn't stand the GM and found a few followers....

Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 29th June 2016, 1:41 am

1)  I agree with the 1 month warning... basically gives people time to get their business in order.. works for me..
    2)  Guild dues...  The likelihood of that ever being upheld is slim to none.  To be honest, it's hard to keep track of all of the items people have..  Which relies on the honesty system.  

But I do agree that the guilds are rather boring and generic.  The main reason I don't want to join any of the guilds on this site.. Perhaps having the guilds rework their goals and shticks could help?  

But otherwise, I do not agree with having a large number of guilds.. The Anime was known for friendship and loyalty to one another.. and what better than a small, tight number of guilds for relationships to grow?

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 29th June 2016, 1:47 am

If it promoted friendship so much then waht better than a large number of small tight knit groups who are 100% loyal to eachother than four of five massive guilds where nobody really knows anyone ;)

But I do see the points. I'm just trying to see it from other perspectives. It kinda sucks having something taken away from you because other people aren't active....its like jobs failing but worse

Ravana
    Ravana

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ravana 29th June 2016, 1:49 am

They should stop blaming staff for being unfair and look to themselves for being at fault. Two.. I know of TWO to THREE that were active... like I said, a GM and a D rank member are not enough

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 29th June 2016, 2:15 am

Except if those two people are interacting and doing a lot of rping....then it sucks that because others don't want to join or don't remain active then they lose out. How many people you interact with shouldn't matter. Its all about people posting and being active. If thats one or two people in a group posting like every hour or ten people in a group each who post every five hours....there is no real difference.

Its punishing people for things that others have done is my point. It is not the current rune knights (or former now) fault that the rune knight stayed inactive. They were trying to revitalise it. People had just joined it. However, now they lose out because people didn't want to follow suit.

I think thats the big issue. 

At the rate things are going I can see a lot of guilds being shut down and that would be a shame. It would be more of a shame if they were more diverse.

Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 29th June 2016, 3:38 am

I tried joining the RK before on my alt. And to be honest, there wasn't much keeping me attached to the RK. The RK chat was barren and nobody really wanted to do anything with one another while I was there. So saying it's "not fair" isn't a completely accurate statement. When asking to do jobs with people only to be ignored, that's when you know you have a problem.

Regardless of if there were new members, they, too, would grow stagnant with how the Rune Knights were and probably leave. To be honest, in my assessment of the RK, the only thing interesting was the username color. While I agree that a remake of the system would have possibly helped, but as stated before, multiple remakes didn't help make them any more interesting.

Wave your banner!  
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 29th June 2016, 8:05 am

Just noting that I'm in agreement with what Zack is saying.   While I had issue with the number of guilds that was only due to how guilds were treated and how they were at risk of just this (Though the Rune Knights aren't even a guild and were the last remaining option to RP any sort of legal authority since the MC was taken too).

If there was no risk,  if people were encouraged to interact through Alliances rather than just within your guilds,   then I'm all for it.   

Another thing is that you can't just "Privatize the military"  all of a sudden,  that's not how things work,  and that wouldn't mean anything.  The members would still be members unless an entirely new body took over.  And where did they come from?    Privatize implies that it is private,  not owned by the government.  Like independent lords funding their own militias acting almost like mercenaries for the crown. 

And there has to be a reason for this change.  There's been no build up towards it IC other than dissatisfaction with them AND the MC since Era.    Places that were logically protected by Rune Knights are now vulnerable with no given replacement.   And if the Rune Knights ARE in fact still present,  why can people not join them or remain?    Just a random whole faction that's an influence on the IC Country that nobody can happen to play or interact with besides using as NPC cannon fodder as a dark mage.  Lovely,  and oh so sensible. 

Perhaps a little thought and consideration could go in to how this effects the IC and how it works out.  This is after all an RPing site.  You know,  characters,  worlds,  storytelling.

Perhaps I could help with that IC.  Mmm....

The Rune Knights Protest?!  - Page 2 NvVyM98

The Rune Knights Protest?!  - Page 2 CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Mifune
    Mifune

The White Wizard

The White Wizard

Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Guild Master- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Oykai
    Experience : 500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Death Wish
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Mifune 29th June 2016, 9:58 am

I think I may have a solution to all the angry folks out there.

Hopefully with enough support and show of effort, the staff will allow this to happen...

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t22509-release-the-hounds#252392

Hero Yamamoto
    Hero Yamamoto

One Punch Man

One Punch Man

Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Job Creator- Christian Minecraft Server- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Hero of the Almighty
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Mentor : Elyx Reiaki [Previous]
    Experience : 66,000

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Conqueror
    Second Skill: The War God
    Third Skill:

Post by Hero Yamamoto 16th July 2016, 8:33 pm

After returning from a coma, I have heard over Skype about the removal of the Rune Knights without any real IC planning from staff or prior notice.

Now. First I would like to state that I am not complaining about staff or anything. They reserve the absolute right to make changes to the site if they believe it will help the forum prosper in the long run. Just to get that out of the way.

So, firstly, I would like to say that up until I left 3 weeks ago on a trip (and ended up in the hospital), I was posting nearly every day and actively posting on my main account (this one) as a Rune Knight. I had a large plot set up for him that revolved around the faction. In fact, eventually I was going to have Hero take over the faction after Isaac would have retired from Field Marshall ICly. Any one of you can look at all my topics and see that I was extremely active up until I left three Saturdays ago.

I personally don't care about the OOC compensation. It's nice and it shows that staff are sorry for the inconvenience. But what am I to do now about literally HALF my character's plot? Sure, I can try and make some shit up, but that isn't right. I can't in good conscience faceroll my character's development like that due to a decision made wholly OOC. Sure I can scrap this character and attempt to make a new one but why? I invested hours upon hours writing up plots for this guy and I have so much planned for him. I can't scrap it after putting so much effort into it and being so legitimately excited about unfolding it ICly.

I mean, I'm certain I have no choice in the matter since I am only one member who has not been here long so I have little to no influence, but I felt it necessary to leave my thoughts here for anyone to read, if they wish to.

Thanks for your time, everyone.

" 戦争が来ています。そしてそれが起こると...人生は死を切望するでしょう。"
    "War is coming. And when that happens... life will yearn for death."
    Job Slots: 3 of 6
    D - 8C - 1B - 1A - 4S - 210Y - 0100Y - 0
    The Great VaultTemplate † Main Theme †  Hero's Voice †
    The Rune Knights Protest?!  - Page 2 RkPDiNE

Current date/time is 11th May 2024, 8:46 am