Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Marriage System

Blood Bird
    Blood Bird

Lord Raijin

Lord Raijin

Player 
    Lineage : Lightning Demon
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : none
    Experience : 1906.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blood Molding Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Marriage System  Empty Marriage System

Post by Blood Bird 22nd July 2014, 2:49 pm

Okay so just a crazy idea which I got from watching SAO, why not have a marriage system where two characters can get married and then their inventories/bank would be combined and they would be able to share the items in their new shared inventory/bank. In other words they would basically have a bank/inventory twice the size of a normal, which would contain the belongings of both members of the marriage (meaning it would have both of the users pets, armour, weapons and magical items.)

it would also be able to add a new achievement to the achievements list relating to the marriage system:

-Marriage Achievement: your characters gets married to another users character.

so let me know what you guys think and drop any suggestions for it below.  :) 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Marriage System  Team10
    Marriage System  Adrien10
    Blood Moulding Magic | Drac
    Missions Completed:
    D Rank: 3
    C Rank: 1
    B Rank: 1
    A Rank: 0

Total EXP: 1906.25
    Exp to rank up: 1843.75
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Savage Skull / Aelyst Crux (Dragon Fang Co-Founder)
    Mentor : Dregon (Magic), Master Aoi (Weapons), & Edward (Combat)
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cʏʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄʏ
    Second Skill: Aʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴀʀ
    Third Skill:

Marriage System  Empty Re: Marriage System

Post by Kaseki 22nd July 2014, 2:56 pm

There is ways of lending equipment, I've seen it done...

But I don't know about merging banks... but if you allowed free sharing, perhaps.

But then you gotta make sure you don't both have the same weapon in two separate threads at the same time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rin Moriyama
    Rin Moriyama

Goddess of Storms

Goddess of Storms

Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Zeus's Descent
    Mentor : Tempest Demon Demyx
    Experience : 1100

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tempest Demon Slayer
    Second Skill: -
    Third Skill:

Post by Rin Moriyama 22nd July 2014, 4:15 pm

I like the idea! It'd be a fun thing for people who ship their characters together to be able to marry one another IC plus the item sharing part isn't half bad either :D

~Character~ l ~Magic~ l

other siggys:

Rin's Themes:

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 22nd July 2014, 4:19 pm

I don't see why but I don't see why not. So whatever.

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Sonya<3
    Sonya<3

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Guild : Aelyst Crux (Dragon Fang Co-Founder)
    Mentor : Ramen Fighter
    Experience : 75,025

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth Demon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sonya<3 22nd July 2014, 5:10 pm

Huh... Interesting... You really don't have to share a bank. I mean, just post the same item on the two bank accounts and there you. That way threads and jobs don't get mixed up. But other than that, why not?

Marriage System  0006710

Art:
    Yuna || Magic || Bank || Fang
    Marriage System  Coolt137
    Emilia Crohil
    Emilia Crohil

Quality Badge Level 1- Player 
    Lineage : Caine's Descent
    Guild : Garou Knights
    Mentor : Jackson Crohil
    Experience : 5512.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Force Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Emilia Crohil 22nd July 2014, 8:55 pm

Ways of abuse: None that I can see
    Predicted effect on RP: 9001% increase in shipping

I don't think banks need to be combined though, like other people have said, you can just put the other person's items into your bank.

Character| Magic| Bank| Theme
    Marriage System  FJRTsUq
    Other Siggies:
    Indiana Jones
    Indiana Jones

Void Tyrant

Void Tyrant

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- God Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ragnarök
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Indiana Jones 22nd July 2014, 11:07 pm

This would really be interesting to see and i must say, i would really like this. Though the merging of banks seems a little unnecessary to me, as people can share weapons and things still. Though the only real problem is the one that Kaseki pointed out ,that really isn't a problem, but you would need to make sure that the chars don't use the same things in one thread or it wouldn't make sense at all. Maybe just instead of merging, married couples are given the ability to use items, weapons, armors and pets of their partner. 

Though otherwise, i love the marriage system. Anything that may increase shipping is awesome. So yeah, i can see the usefulness in this.

Marriage System  18jWfhn

Character
    Main Theme Battle Theme 1 Battle Theme 2
    Janneline Ariel
    Janneline Ariel

Quality Badge Level 1- Coming Storms- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Cosmic Coins : 6
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ЯɛǪʋιρ; Ƭнɛ Ɖιʌιиιтʏ
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Janneline Ariel 23rd July 2014, 12:51 am

Indiana Jones wrote:This would really be interesting to see and i must say, i would really like this. Though the merging of banks seems a little unnecessary to me, as people can share weapons and things still. Though the only real problem is the one that Kaseki pointed out ,that really isn't a problem, but you would need to make sure that the chars don't use the same things in one thread or it wouldn't make sense at all. Maybe just instead of merging, married couples are given the ability to use items, weapons, armors and pets of their partner. 

Though otherwise, i love the marriage system. Anything that may increase shipping is awesome. So yeah, i can see the usefulness in this.

Shipping God Has spoken.

The demons told me everything they whisper in the night.

Marriage System  3lpUorN

Janneline Ariel // Requiem of Reality
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plague Craft
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 23rd July 2014, 1:37 am

So you would have access to two pets while our rules clearly state that every player can only have one pet. And you will have access to a new number of weapons that may be more powerful then you can actually use or even have.

I honestly don't see we need a shared bank system to get characters married. If they want to they can so IC no problem with that, we can even list married characters or make a spouse system like an npc child. But a shared account may conflict with our rules

Aiden Ainsley
    Aiden Ainsley

The Shadow King

The Shadow King

Developer/GFX Artist- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- God Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Experience : 587

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunstorm Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aiden Ainsley 23rd July 2014, 5:08 am

I like this idea a lot but as almost everyone else said: Merging banks can't really happan without breaking the rules.

Yoshino
    Yoshino

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Curse of the White Witch
    Mentor : Grandeeney the Sky Dragon / Aeras the Sky Dragon
    Experience : 325

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sky DragonSlayer Magic
    Second Skill: Sky DragonSlayer Magic (Lacrima)
    Third Skill:

Post by Yoshino 23rd July 2014, 5:38 am

I like the idea of having a marriage system because couples can finally use the Magnolia Church forum since it has been quite dead and members (invited or publicly open) can enter to observe the happenings inside and greet the happy couple. It can also help improve other people's plots somehow. Although, the suggestion of shared bank isn't really suitable since first, this is not an MMORPG game. People can use other people's weapons if they are given the permission or they are knowledgeable in handling them. But, perhaps we can add some special bonuses for couples who are married IC. IDK what that would be since I think that having some bonuses are unneccessary. Also, we could establish an event wherein couples would fight together and defeat other couples. LOL I just thought of that. So, that's all I could say.

Marriage System  Yoshino2_by_blancwhiteheart-d7kku9e

Marriage System  Yoshino_by_blancwhiteheart-d7fh0uc
    Marriage System  2_by_gramcrackers-d66nk5f
    Aiden Ainsley
    Aiden Ainsley

The Shadow King

The Shadow King

Developer/GFX Artist- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- God Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aiden Ainsley 23rd July 2014, 5:43 am

Idk maybe like an exp boost when doing a job hen said couples do jobs... Or like more jewels per job... Something like that

Yoshino
    Yoshino

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Curse of the White Witch
    Mentor : Grandeeney the Sky Dragon / Aeras the Sky Dragon
    Experience : 325

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sky DragonSlayer Magic
    Second Skill: Sky DragonSlayer Magic (Lacrima)
    Third Skill:

Post by Yoshino 23rd July 2014, 6:01 am

Lance Knighthunter wrote:Idk maybe like an exp boost when doing a job hen said couples do jobs... Or like more jewels per job... Something like that
    More exp sounds nice. An exp boost higher than doing jobs with teammates. Also, I thought of having some prerequisites before being able to get married. First, they should be a couple for atleast 6 months, and has been proving their devotion to each other. Next, marriage should cost a lot. xD Perhaps, it could cost atleast 250,000 to get married, and also, the very special ring item which is given to couples. Once they are together in an area, the rings can provide additional Magic Power and increases Magic Damage in a slight amount. Leaving the range may cause the effect to disappear. That's what I have thought of so far.

Marriage System  Yoshino2_by_blancwhiteheart-d7kku9e

Marriage System  Yoshino_by_blancwhiteheart-d7fh0uc
    Marriage System  2_by_gramcrackers-d66nk5f
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 23rd July 2014, 6:56 am

I dont see why a system is necessary since the only thing it would offer would break the rules

Maybe something like what Lance said

I was going to do it regardless of a system. The only abuse I can see is that two PCs get married just for the rewards or w/e gets(or doesnt) get added if a system is put in place.

I also disagree with Blanc, 6 months is ridiculous and not everyone has the money OOC to get married IC (talking mostly about myself right now) An exp boost is also a tad silly for doing jobs with the spouse. I honestly think this is kinda unnecessary. Just get married IC and go from there, you shouldn't need/want extra rewards and perks for doing so, as that kinda makes it less meaningful imo :/

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Aiden Ainsley
    Aiden Ainsley

The Shadow King

The Shadow King

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aiden Ainsley 23rd July 2014, 6:59 am

Well as Yoshino said that they would have to spend some time together and show their devotion IC before they get married so they may do it for the rewards but they would have to work for the rewards.

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 23rd July 2014, 7:02 am

And people that dont do it for the rewards should get punished? 6 months is a LONG ass time for two people to be consistently active. It also pretty much stagnates character development as the whole thing will last 6 months of REAL time, not giving much room for other things. It's why Im saying this is all unnecessary. Just talk to the other person and arrange it, more and more rewards about just RPing is getting a little silly.

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Tartarus
    Experience : 300

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hihiirogane (日色金) - Sun-Colored Metal
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 23rd July 2014, 7:10 am

Rewards for getting married..? So basically, rewards for having an IC happenstance through development? So basically, every other thing in the whole rp world?

Make it an achievement - YES, that would be cool. Achievements are always shiny to have.

Give it shared accounts, rewards for going on missions together - So not in for that. Totally unnecessary. That's what we have the team bonus for.

Make it cost money - Sorry Blanc, but that's a really really bad idea. Nope, nopidy nope. It basically denies people who rp'd for 1 month but have 10+ threads the possibility of making it happen. It denies people who don't want to spend money for an IC happenstance the possiblity. Giving exp wedding rings? You could have that for so money different things. Just additional exp rewards n stuff. Not up for that either, in any way.

Leave IC opportunities alone with money. They shouldn't cost money, they just shouldn't. Getting married is a story option for your own character development. Not something the site should regulate. In the end, we're gonna have a dozen married couples JUST for rewards. Totally random and arbitrary and in general... useless. Ranking up works just fine. Freeform works just fine. This would just be... as Zenny said: Unnecessary.

EDIT: It denies people the possibility to START OUT with a married couple because of some random rping rules. Not cool, not in my book. And 6 months just for an IC HAPPENSTANCE is too much. If you want to make something, you can make it happen. That's freeforming. This is just invasive of the freedom we are given here. Sorry, but I'm not just NOT supporting it, I'm demonstrating against it and will make a rally if this should get put into place.

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plague Craft
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 23rd July 2014, 8:50 am

Lyserg wrote:Make it an achievement - YES, that would be cool. Achievements are always shiny to have.

this is possible the only thing we can do for marriage, because what everyone else said is something that can be abused or is breaking a rule or two. If people want to get married IC then they can and they don't need a system for it that has once again exp boost rewards.

After all marrying to an other player should be more about rp quality then the rewards you can get from it.

Aiden Ainsley
    Aiden Ainsley

The Shadow King

The Shadow King

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aiden Ainsley 23rd July 2014, 10:36 am

True... I can see where you guys are standing at on this and I don't really think rewards are necisarry after all... I say give it an acheivement and that's about it.

Janneline Ariel
    Janneline Ariel

Quality Badge Level 1- Coming Storms- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Cosmic Coins : 6

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ЯɛǪʋιρ; Ƭнɛ Ɖιʌιиιтʏ
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Janneline Ariel 23rd July 2014, 12:03 pm

I agree with Lance and Fred.

The demons told me everything they whisper in the night.

Marriage System  3lpUorN

Janneline Ariel // Requiem of Reality
    Obel Winthrop
    Obel Winthrop

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Take Over: Animal Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Obel Winthrop 23rd July 2014, 1:07 pm

I think it is a cute idea however I think there should be some rules before you can become married for example; be friends online for more than a certain amount of days to reduce random marriage requests. Also there should be a forum dedicated to finding your partner.

Marriage System  <a href=Marriage System  Yfbhcl11" />
    Sonya<3
    Sonya<3

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Guild : Aelyst Crux (Dragon Fang Co-Founder)
    Mentor : Ramen Fighter
    Experience : 75,025

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth Demon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sonya<3 23rd July 2014, 1:29 pm

Obel Winthrop wrote:Also there should be a forum dedicated to finding your partner.

So you mean sort of like an eHarmony forum and whatnot? :P

Marriage System  0006710

Art:
    Yuna || Magic || Bank || Fang
    Marriage System  Coolt137
    Obel Winthrop
    Obel Winthrop

Guild : Sabertooth

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Take Over: Animal Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Obel Winthrop 23rd July 2014, 1:31 pm

Yes sort of.

Marriage System  <a href=Marriage System  Yfbhcl11" />
    Akira Tatsumi
    Akira Tatsumi

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Akira Tatsumi 23rd July 2014, 2:30 pm

And, what if 2 people want to start there characters married? They have to wait? I think you should just let the players decide when.

Akira Tatsumi
    Lilith the Siren
    Lilith the Siren

Lineage : Power of Apocalypse

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Siren Powers.
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lilith the Siren 23rd July 2014, 2:32 pm

Hmm, I don't think John would ever get married, but I do support this idea as I'll probably get an alt that might be up for marriage.

Marriage System  OzcScyj

Current date/time is 10th May 2024, 10:45 am