Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Familial Bonding

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Familial Bonding Empty Familial Bonding

Post by Mythal Ragnos 23rd June 2021, 6:08 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    816 words || @Serilda Sinclair  || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    There was someone coming.

Vriko’s ears twitched ever so slightly as she heard the distinct sound of footsteps along the narrow pathways of the prison. It was a sound she had grown accustomed to at this point; the Rune Knights patrolled in patterns that were not hard to pick up on. But just because she knew their patterns didn’t mean she had the means or ability to act upon them. Nonetheless, these footsteps carried a different but familiar gait. In fact, there seemed to be two. The woman snorted softly in the dark, almost amused. It must be that time of the month.

Ever since Mythal and Serilda had captured her, they had come to visit her every so often. They wanted information, conversation, perhaps even some kind of connection to the Vriko. Mythal being her brother was the only true connection between any of them and even then, the assassin would cut that off had she the means. But still they came, despite her protests of silence or rude dismissals. It was almost routine at this point, as ingrained in her mind as the droll-like paths that the guards weaved. Still; she supposed it would be a break from the continuous boredom that plagued her every passing hour that she was awake. Vriko turned away from the magical barrier that surrounded the entirety of her cell, a cage made of a shimmering, translucent miasma. She waited until she felt the entirety of the cell lurch and then began to descend. Deep, crimson rubies narrowed in a tense glare as her prison was lowered from its floating place in the air and came to rest on the edge of the landing, like a bird upon its perch.

There they stood; the two leaders of the Rune Knights. Mythal, her brother, looked as distressed and gloomy as a donkey caught in the rain. She could see much of Archimedes in him, save for complete lack of rational emotion, though she supposed that was possibly inherited as well. After all, he’d fell in love like a true simpleton. He was dressed casually; in the same outfit she had seen him in so many times before. For someone in a position of power, he certainly didn’t dress the part. If she didn’t hate every fiber of his being, she may have found that ironically charming.

Then there was Serilda, his beau, the stalwart white-haired woman who seemed to have a metal rod stuck so far up her pert ass that it had melded itself to her spine. She was curt and precise in her language, a matter that Vriko might have respected along with her power had it not been for her compassion as well. Despite the assassin being their enemy, Serilda still spoke to her with the tiniest slivers of care. As if she had asked either one of them to show any kind of emotion beyond hatred.

Vriko stared at them for a long moment, her eyes flicking between the couple before she snorted and turned away from them, choosing to look back down at the hanging cages around her. It wasn’t on her to start any kind of conversation after all -- they did this of their own accord and, as far as she was concerned, it was their responsibility to say their part and leave.

“Yer lookin’ a bit better,” Mythal remarked finally, after a long moment. “Finally decided to give up that hunger strike o’ yours?”

She was silent for a long beat, as was the usual case. But feeling herself a bit more hedonistic than usual, she snorted derisively. “I figured the best way to get back at you two, despite eventually escaping this ridiculous prison, was to at least make you pay more by feeding me.”

“Joke’s on you then; we got Knights that make food outta their magic. Ain’t costin’ us much, save for makin’ sure your cage don’t fall all the way down,” Mythal replied back.

“So the famous Rune Knights have master bakers and food spawners among their ranks?” Vriko shot back, tossing a quick look over her shoulder at the two of them. “And you all are spoken about in such hushed tones by other criminals. You’re no better than the Rune Knights that got slaughtered all those years ago.”

“Ya know, just once, I think I’d like to come down here without ya givin’ us such a hard time. The game’s over, Vriko. Archimedes is dead; there ain’t no reason for you to keep on hatin’ me or Seri.”

“Hmph,” Vriko scoffed, amusingly. “So easy for you to talk all high and mighty. You didn’t have him and mother in your ear, day in and day out, telling you what to think or say or feel. But gee, thanks for the info. I’ll be sure to amend my feelings as quickly as possible and keep you all updated.”

STATISTICS
    HP: x/y
    MP: x/y
    Spells Used: list them here
    Abilities Active: list them and their effects here
    Weapons Equipped: list/link them here
    Monsters Killed: list here
    Other Notes: reeeeeee this should scroll if you type too much
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Scion of the Void King
    Position : Goddess of Conviction
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Experience : 12,421,054

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Voidwalking
    Second Skill: Sword of Wrath
    Third Skill: Cruorthurgy

Familial Bonding Empty Re: Familial Bonding

Post by Serilda Sinclair 5th July 2021, 3:11 pm

Seri Banner
    Conviction never shames nor condemns us.
    It calls us back to who we truly are.
    Walking these days was quite the chore, though in all things Serilda managed to carry herself with grace and ease. It helped that she could reduce the weight on her body with the use of her magic, though she truly did her best not to rely on such measures. Being able to carry not just one child but two was a miracle that even after all these months she wasn’t entirely sure she had fully come to realize yet. This, despite her looking like she was damn near ready to pop, though that was largely because she had two children growing in her belly. Serilda still had about two months left and she could only imagine how ridiculously large she was going to be by that point.

She strode carefully beside Mythal as they approached the area of the jail where they would conduct their regular meeting with Vriko. Mythal’s sister had, unsurprisingly, not bludged in her stance of more or less blowing off each of these visits. She was stubborn to a fault, and to a point Serilda respected that. Vriko was not a woman that would be easily moved, and why should she be? The dark haired woman had every reason to be paranoid and mistrustful, even insolent. It was how she had been raised to be, and while at some point the responsibility of blame should rightfully shift from the parent to the child after they became an adult, the truth was that Vriko had lived not just an abusive life but an exceptionally sheltered one. Even as an adult, she really just didn’t know anything better.

And that was why the two of them had taken it upon themselves to do their part in showing her alternatives. It certainly wasn’t going to be easy, and they truthfully didn’t expect to see any changes any time soon, if ever, but it was worth putting the effort in. As much as Vriko would never admit it, she was more vulnerable now than she ever had been before, particularly now that Serethar was dead and there was no one else left to look after her. She needed support, whether she wanted it or not -- much like Mythal did back when he and Serilda first started working together. Even if the progress they made was miniscule, it was still progress, and after everything she had been through and the way she had been treated, Vriko deserved that much from someone, anyone.

As the cell was lowered to meet them, one of the many Knights that patrolled the area wordlessly approached and offered Serilda a chair, “Thank you, sergeant,” she told the man politely as he unfolded it and set it out for her. Serilda sat down and took some of the pressure off her feet and back, sitting up straight and somehow still looking for all the world like a woman that wasn’t burdened by nearly twelve extra pounds of weight. Xiuhcoatl laid down comfortably beside the chair, the large wolf panting happily without a care in the world.

The meeting began with its usual beats, the three of them watching one another silently before Vriko turned away; her attempt to force them to have to move first. That was fine. They never minded giving her that control, though they always hoped that she would eventually cave and seek conversation of her own volition, some day. Mythal spoke up first, remarking upon how Vriko looked healthier after seemingly having quit the brief hunger strike she had attempted. In her usual fashion she did not reply right away, making them wait, but the pair did so patiently until she commented about how she needed to have her strength if she was ever to break out of this place. That, and she liked the idea of making them pay for food labor on her behalf.

Serilda chuckled lightly in earnest amusement over the comment, even as her fiance explained that it hardly costed them anything extra when they had people with magic to handle that sort of thing. The exchange that followed went about as well as it usually did, with Mythal doing his best to draw her into a genuine conversation and his sister doing everything in her power to be obstinate in return. It was fairly par for the course at this point, and for her part Serilda hardly batted an eye at the behavior, choosing instead to idly stroke the thick fur on Xiuh’s head and simply sit there in such a relaxed and comfortable fashion that one might think they were discussing weather over drinks in a lounge rather than confronting an incarcerated criminal.

“You can hardly blame us for being perplexed, Vriko,” the field marshal said, looking up toward the woman even as she continued to scratch Xiuh gently behind the ears. “You have been quite vocal about your feelings toward your parents, and neither of us have any doubt that their treatment of you was as awful as you claim. They didn’t care about you. Even after you did everything they asked, everything they taught you, Archimedes still gave the order to have you put down like a lame horse.” She simply stated the facts as they were, her tone even and without an attempt to get any sort of emotional rise out of the woman. There was no attempt at pity, no underlying notes meant to invoke anger or mockery. It was merely a list of unbiased truths.

“So it’s simply puzzling to us that you seem to cling so steadfastly to what they taught you rather than applying that stubborn spirit of yours to defying what they conditioned you to think. You are a leader, Vriko. You brought an entire city of mages to kneel at your feet, to obey your every command even at the cost of their own lives. Yet you continue to rail against us, against Mythal, simply because Archimedes raised you to hate him? I refuse to believe you are that ignorant. Nor that servile.”

WORDS: 1006/1006 | @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 5th July 2021, 5:10 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    1194/2010 words || @Serilda Sinclair  || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    It was truly incredible that Serilda still operated pretty much at full capacity, despite how far along she was in her pregnancy. Most women would have been having a lot of trouble enduring through most of the responsibilities that she took upon herself each and every day. Yet she went without complaint, making adjustments where she needed to soldier on. The very fact that she could get pregnant, that she was capable of bringing life into the world, was far more of a blessing than it was a hindrance. And it seemed she was unwilling to let any stress or agitation bring her down or change her opinion on that matter. If Mythal didn’t already idolize her for her ability, he certainly did now.

One of the patrolling Rune Knights brought a chair for Serilda as they approached the prison, giving her a relief from standing for however long it took them to meet with Vriko. Bit by bit, their meetings had been going on longer and longer, with the wild woman willing to converse slightly more than the last. Her attitude remained unchanged and usually she was quick to avoid suggestions or observations from both Mythal and Serilda. It was far easier to bask in her deflectory ignorance of their attempts to break through her icy walls. Still, she found it was at least amusing to take part in a bit of idle conversation, if only to find ways to show them just how unwilling she was to change. She was a woman shaped by experience and, unfortunately, most of her experience was negative.

Mythal and Vriko shared a bit of back and forth, with the Director making little headway in holding an earnest bit of conversation. She was quick to take her jabs at the Rune Knights as an organization, honestly amused that such a force employed the likes of bakers and cooks. And when Mythal, once again, tried to convince her that her stalwart anger and dismissal of both he and Serilda was fruitless, she spat back that he didn’t get an opinion on a matter that he had suffered through himself. That’s when the Field Marshall chirped up, explaining that they were just confused. Vriko had stated on more than one occasion that she held no love or allegiance to Faera or the mother that had followed the goddess. Her childhood into adulthood was full of abuse, that they understood, as well as the fact that Archimedes had been just as quick to dispose of her the moment she stopped being useless. There was a slight twitch in Vriko’s stony facade at the mention, even if it was true.

Still, Serilda continued. She wanted to understand why the woman was still stubbornly standing against them, unwilling to make amends or entreat some kind of peace. She pointed out that Vriko was a natural leader, who had turned an entire city of magic users into her pawns against the two Rune Knight leaders. She possessed traits that could be useful, even helpful and yet she was unwilling to bend or break for either one of them and it seemed to be because of what Archimedes had brought her up on. It didn’t add up and Serilda simply couldn’t believe that Vriko was that unaware or dedicated to a hateful man.

Sharp rubies seemed to gleam with a bit more annoyance as she turned to face the pair, giving them her full attention now. But her gaze remained fixated solely on Serilda for the moment. Her eyes snapped down to her belly, large and bloated and full of life. A dark part of her felt the need to mock the stalwart woman over her pregnancy, to find a way to needle her and truly make her angry. But that was the wild, untamed portion of herself that sought chaos and unhinged destruction. The calculated side was quick to temper her blade, reminding her that sharp words brought about nothing. Besides, Vriko felt that, even in this state, it wouldn’t take much of Serilda’s power to handle the wild woman and bring her to heel. She swallowed the venom and raised her chin a bit. “Mythal knows that I don’t hate him because our father drilled it into my head. No, in fact, he hated the fact that he didn’t have Mythal. I was a waste of space, useless trash. The only way I would be anything of value was if I found a way to take what Mythal had. I don’t hate him simply because Archimedes or Jihl wanted me to. I hate him because he is part of the same problem they are. This entire posse of Faera and her favorites. Whether you’re with them or against them, it doesn’t fucking matter. You’re all part of the same messed up portion and you’d all be better wiped off the face of the earth.”

“I never knew you were such a bleedin’ heart,” Mythal remarked back casually. “So yer tryin’ to get rid of us all because it’d be better for the world? Now you want to protect the world, do ya?”

Vriko scoffed. “Fuck that. The world can burn for all I care. I just want to get rid of you lot and go about my own business without being hunted, watched or pursued.”

“Ya kinda made that harder for yourself when you sent a literal town after the two of us.”

The wild woman considered this for a moment quietly, her eyes flicking between the two Rune Knights. Her face was stone but there was a deep, undulating sea of emotion behind her eyes as she rolled over several thoughts at once. Finally she let out a sigh. “It… was Serethar’s idea. After he saved me from Faera’s goons, he nursed me back to health in this world. After that, I decided I really needed to punch something. Considering I thought you were dead or Faera’s hand puppet, I just headed north until I hit Vintermyr. Turns out, they take a liking to people who can knock out the biggest, baddest guy. Once Serethar figured out that you survived and escaped, he suggested I use them to lure you in and take you out.” Her voice trailed off at the end of her sentence, her eyes snapping away as she looked out of her prison.

Mythal’s brow twitched slightly. “You didn’t like that. You didn’t want to put them in danger.”

“I didn’t care, I just didn’t want to start a fight until I’d fully healed.”

“Yer lyin’,” Mythal cut her off, shaking his head. “Don’t bother, I can tell if yer trying to lie. And I can sense when your emotions goin’ between evil and not and you were brimmin’ with angry energy at the thought of sacrificin’ those people.”

Vriko scoffed dismissively. “I don’t care whatever made up powers you think you have but those barbarians only had one purpose and it was to take you out. They failed so they deserved to die.” With that, Vriko turned away and crossed her arms, hiding her face that had started to give way from its cold neutrality.

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Last edited by Mythal Ragnos on 7th July 2021, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 5th July 2021, 7:00 pm

Seri Banner
    It was obvious that Serilda had struck a nerve with her point as Vriko turned to face them fully, fixing the noble woman with a poignant glare. For her part, Serilda simply returned the look with unwavering and unreadable patience. She was no stranger to such looks, and it was important that Vriko take the time to consider her words and the senselessness of the situation without interruption. In truth, Serilda didn’t think that Vriko would even answer her. Or if she did, she presumed the response would just be to shove her commentary some place the sun didn’t shine. And for a brief moment that did seem to be the direction the conversation would go, particularly as the raven haired woman’s eyes drifted down to Serilda’s full belly with consideration.

Yet surprisingly, she did not make any sort of quip. Instead, Vriko bit back whatever snarky comment was sure to have been brewing in her mind and elected to answer with the plain truth. She didn’t hate Mythal because she had been taught to do so. She hated him simply because he was lumped in with everything else she already hated about Kingdom Darkness and its denizens. Anyone and anything tied into the realm deserved nothing more than to be burned at the stake and left to be forgotten. It was a rather extreme mindset, though all things considered Serilda could hardly blame the other woman for feeling that way. Vriko’s outlook on life was quite bleak, and why shouldn’t it be?

Serilda could only nod her silent understanding as she contemplated Vriko’s words with earnest consideration -- a trait that she had noticed long ago Mythal’s sister loathed, wanting nothing more than to cling to the violent hatred she was used to. And while Serilda did not necessarily show respect to Vriko’s honest answers when she chose to give them simply because it would annoy the woman further, she did believe it was good that the behavior often riled the other woman up. It meant that Vriko was paying attention, that she was being exposed to behaviors and emotions that she had come not to expect, things that made her angry because she didn’t understand them. And the only way she would eventually learn to understand was with continued exposure.

Mythal continued to rail back with as much sass and sarcasm as his sister, turning Vriko’s words around to point out the rather benevolent stance she seemed to have taken. This was brushed off as per usual, with Vriko’s claiming not to care about the state of the rest of the world. All she wanted was to get rid of everyone related to Kingdom Darkness so she could live her own life without having to constantly look over her shoulder. Mythal was quick to point out that she wasn’t exactly making decent progress on that after actively making enemies of himself and Serilda. It was a comment that Vriko did not react to right away, taking a rare moment to contemplate her response rather than rip off a quick snippy remark. And, as before, the Knights merely waited in patience for her to work out her thoughts.

With a sigh, Vriko admitted that the attack at Vintermyr had been Serethar’s idea. He had protected Vriko from the fate that Archimedes had tried to laden her with, but the situation had left her understandably angry. Believing Mythal had already been dispatched one way or another, she had simply wandered until she found a place where she could let out some steam, and it just so happened that the people there responded well to displays of power and prowess. The way she spoke, it sounded like she had been content with that, but when Serethar had learned of Mythal’s survival he suggested setting up a trap. To what end, Serilda would never be sure. Had he hoped that by dispatching Mythal and finally stealing his spark, that he could facilitate Vriko being welcome back into Kingdom Darkness? Or was he simply trying to give Vriko a more direct outlet for her pent up anger?

Either way, the suggestion had not set well for Vriko. Even without being able to sense lies or emotions in the literal sense, there was no mistaking the woman’s body language as she touched on the subject. The truth was all the more apparent when Mythal called her on it and Vriko tried to deflect the observation. There was another quick back and forth between the siblings, through which Serilda once again sat in quiet observance, waiting for them to have their moments before chiming in with her own points.

“You mean like how you deserved to die because you failed to live up to Archimedes’ expectations of you?” she asked, her pale blue eyes set on the woman’s back, knowing that Vriko could feel the gaze even if she currently was turned away from them. It was a cruel comment, but one that needed to be made. Serilda held no doubts that Vriko understood the folly and hypocrisy in such a stance, but that didn’t mean that the field marshal was going to let the statement go by without remarking upon its absurdity and forcing Vriko to acknowledge it.

Without giving the prisoner too much time to formulate a response, Serilda shifted carefully in her chair, adjusting herself to a somewhat more comfortable position. “Humor me. Say for just a moment the stars aligned. You somehow managed to escape this place and enact your plan to wipe out everyone involved with Kingdom Darkness -- and for the moment, we’ll ignore the fact that your desire, as you described it, implies that you yourself would also have to perish with the rest of us in order to truly purge the universe of Faera and all those both willingly and unwillingly associated with her.” Serilda gave a poignant pause there, letting the knowledge settle for just a moment that if Vriko’s plan to destroy Faera and Kingdom Darkness involved killing even those who had been unwillingly pulled into it, then she herself would need to be eliminated.

“What then? What comes next? You’d want to ‘go about your own business’. Okay, that’s fair enough. So what goal, what desires, would fill the void of your vengeance being realized?” Once again, Serilda was asking an earnest question. She was not attempting to mock Vriko’s plan or discredit her desire to see the world burn. She simply wanted to know if Vriko had truly given thought to what she wanted outside of wiping the slate clean. What would all that effort be for? To simply wander the Earth for the rest of her days, alone, devoid of anyone that could have not just cared about her but also understood what she had gone through? Would she seek to try her hand at a normal life? Would she look for love? Or perhaps, would she simply continue on in anger, to subjugate more people to her power and influence like she had in Vintermyr? As far as she could see, Vriko had been raised to believe that she didn’t have a future one way or another. Either she was to be killed by Faera and her miscreants, or she was to take Mythal’s spark and be a vessel for the goddess herself. So what future did Vriko want to see for herself?

WORDS: 1232/2238 | @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 7th July 2021, 5:24 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    1160/3170 words || @Serilda Sinclair  || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    There were a lot of infuriating qualities about Serilda that Vriko did not like but perhaps her icy-cold stability had to be at the top of the list. She was a woman who was grounded, secure in her ideals, beliefs and thoughts and wasn’t afraid to speak frankly because of them. Perhaps it had something to do with her nobility, so she already believed herself better than commoners below her. But nothing really shook her, though the wild woman was sure that certain insults and threats could get a rise. Then again, there was the understanding that the Field Marshall was powerful and authoritative and there was no denying that she might quickly make Vriko pay for her words. The sick part of her kind of hoped for that, just to see the cracks in the wall. But the rational side wasn’t even sure she could cause that to happen. If anything, they both probably came down here with a sense of understanding what they were walking into.

That meant they knew that she might get vile and rude. It was a hopeless situation and her only option was to play their game according to her own rules. It wasn’t much but it was something; some kind of victory in the constant losses that seemed to fill her life. Mythal was mouthy but he was quieter and seemingly kinder, in a way. No doubt it was a pity for what had been brought down upon Vriko since birth. Serilda observed her history but didn’t hold back her words, even as the wild woman attempted to shove off any kind of empathic responsibility for the men and women of Vintermyr. The Field Marshall didn’t let her comments lie, quickly turning them back and using them as a weapon against her own failures. The comment caused Vriko’s back to tense up slightly, just enough of a sure sign that a chink in her armor had been hit. It was hypocritical, her words, but it was her own escape from owning up to the responsibility of duty.

But she wasn’t given a relief; instead, Serilda continued on a different track of thought. She presented her with a hypothetical. She wondered, if fate saw fit to grant her wish, which was yet again filled with hypocrisy, what Vriko would do then. The fact that she was just as involved in Faera’s association had been a hard point to hammer but one that Serilda used mightily, allowing that realization to settle before getting to her question. What came after? The build up to her goal was a long, arduous path that was filled with plans and events. But once she surpassed the summit, once she had achieved what she wholeheartedly wanted, what were her steps after that. Vriko was quiet for a long while, or at least it felt long to her. She stared hard out the backend of her translucent prison, her body as stiff as a board. Her hands slowly curled into fists before she turned back around to face the pair once more.

“What does it matter?” she asked coldly. “I’m not stupid enough to believe that it can come true anyways. Sure, it’s a fantastic fantasy; something to keep me warm in the cold nights. But I’m not an idiot; I know what I want is beyond my reach. I had my chance, my one opportunity, and Archimedes ripped that away from me, just like he did any chance of a normal life. Attacking the two of you was the death throes of my dream of finally being free and look how well that went. Now Serethar is dead, those people from Vintermyr are dead -- there’s no point in-”

“They ain’t dead.”

Vriko was cut off by Mythal, the Director quick and sharp with his remark. The wild woman’s brow furrowed in clear confusion as she tried to understand what he had said. “What?”

“Well… most of ‘em ain’t anyways. There were a few that we were unable to save due to extraneous circumstances but… most of that village survived. A few of them are here; the ones that tried to kill us couldn’t just be set free. But we managed to find homes for the families, the wives and children and such.” Mythal paused, cocking his head slightly to the side. “Did you really think that we would just kill everyone, thinkin’ they were guilty?”

Vriko’s eyes flickered away from him momentarily as his news sunk in. “I…” she started, genuinely shaken. “I don’t know.”

Mythal considered her for a moment before he spoke once more. “Answer her question. What would you do, if you managed to get out of this situation with Faera? What do you want, Vriko?”

The wild woman pulled her attention back to Mythal as he spoke to her, though the ferocity in her eyes had dimmed to a mild flickering. Her choice to engage them more fully had opened up new information that she hadn’t had before. She’d never spoken on Vintermyr and had always assumed that all of them had perished in the fight. But once more, she had opened the door and Serilda and Mythal had quickly stepped right in to paint a very different picture. It was frustrating, even damn near infuriating. “Freedom, okay?” she finally snapped back. “I want to go out and try to find a purpose beyond what I’ve been bred to be. I don’t have magic power like the rest of you; I have only relied on my swords to keep me in the running against literal walking fountains of power. I’ve been trained in the darkness to kill any and all my enemies, without consideration or concern. Serethar, he…” she trailed off for a moment. “He told me about the world, the sights and sounds. But they were all through the eyes of an angel who couldn’t care one way or another about it. I only got to experience everything once he saved me. And it all felt so… alien. I kept waiting for something to come along and tell me my next move or give me my next target.”

Her eyes snapped to Serilda. “The answer to your question is I don’t know. I wasn’t brought up to have goals or desires or dreams like you lot. I’d just have the chance and the freedom to go out and find it. But it doesn’t matter. Your question is as hypocritical as I am; because whatever freedom I want, I’ll never get. Archimedes made sure of it and now you two are taking up where he left. I’d have been better off dying back then. At least I wouldn’t have gotten a glimpse of what might have been and then had it ripped from me.” With that, Vriko turned her back to them and walked back to her small cot. “I’m done. Feel free to stay if you want to stare at me but I’m done talking.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 14th July 2021, 6:58 pm

Seri Banner
    There had been a reason Serilda had asked Vriko what her plan would be, should she manage to escape and earn her freedom. It wasn’t so much that she wanted to hear the answer, though there was surely a genuine curiosity to what it might be. Serilda had estimated in advance that Mythal’s sister likely had never given it much thought, so Serilda had not been expecting an answer. All she wanted was to plant the seed of thought in Vriko’s head, to subtly encourage the woman to start giving it some thought.

In the meantime, the prisoner mocked the question, wondering what the point would be with such fantasies. She had never expected to ever actually attain her goal. Her last ditch effort to accomplish any part of her vengeance was trying to kill the two of them in Vintermyr, and it seemed she assumed Serilda and Mythal had killed everyone involved in the attack. It was Mythal that interjected, cutting that thought down at the quick and informing her that they had not wiped the whole town. The revelation stopped Vriko in her tracks, clear confusion on her face as she stared at him like she hadn’t been able to process what he said.

Mythal explained that while a few had certainly died, that had only been due to circumstances that had been beyond Mythal and Serilda’s control. Outside of that, they had spared most of the entire town. Sure a few had wound up in the prison, and rightfully so, but the two leaders of the Rune Knights had put forth every effort into rehoming and rehabilitating the families that had been caught in the crossfire. Vriko didn’t seem to know how to take the news, and when questioned on if her expectation was that the two of them would just kill everyone, she didn’t really have a solid answer. It was a grounded enough moment that Mythal felt it time to draw back to the original question at hand.

For a moment, Serilda wasn’t sure that the woman would even attempt to provide an answer, or at least a serious one, but once again their patience was rewarded, if a bit angrily. All Vriko wanted was her freedom, the chance to have a future even if she didn’t know what that would entail. By her own words, she didn’t have much going for her. She didn’t have magic to help her stand her ground around the pillars of might around her, just a set of enchanted swords and her strict training. But Serethar had taught her about Earthland, if unintentionally, giving her a glimpse of a world where Vriko had a glimmer of hope to be free. But when she finally got there, she had no sense of what to do next. It was so foreign to what she had been raised in, that she couldn’t fathom any of it, continually waiting for something familiar to give her guidance.

So the short answer was, that she just didn’t know what she would do, and it didn’t matter anyway because as far as she could see she was still a prisoner without freedom, making Serilda’s question hypocritical in her eyes. As she put it, death would have been preferable to continued captivity. At least then, she wouldn’t have had a chance to build up hope and have it ripped away. It was a fair argument, though one that clearly didn’t come from a place of education, which wasn’t any fault of Vriko’s. Likely her only exposure to a prison system was that of Kingdom Darkness, where souls were simply dumped and abandoned, forgotten, forever. But, that wasn’t how the Rune Knights operated. Prison was not intended to be a death sentence, but rather a rehabilitation program. Serilda didn’t want all these people in jail… but she could not rightfully release them back into public without assurances that they were going to be better citizens in the future. A lot of criminals never reached that point of reformation… but many did, and Serilda and Mythal hoped beyond hope that Vriko would be such one.

Which was why they had come up with a plan.

Vriko made it clear she was done talking. And, as every time before, the two Knights would honor her decision to end the conversation. They always came for regular visits, but they would not force or impose their presences on her when she was truly ready to be done. They wanted to push her out of her comfort zone, but they also wanted to help her understand what it meant to be respected. Serilda nodded. “Very well. Thank you for speaking with us, Vriko.” With a little bit of help from Mythal, she carefully stood back up to her feet and nodded for the Knight to return to collect the chair. Xiuh got up as well, following after the pair as they made their way out. Vriko wouldn’t see it, but Serilda would be smiling softly as they turned into the corridor and out of earshot. “I think it’s time to call your father.”

Two weeks later, the jail was quiet as it always was so late at night. The third shift was on deck, a skeletal crew that kept up regular patrols through the prison to keep an eye on everyone, though most of their convicts were asleep. A night that would seem like any other night, unremarkable in any form, would prove itself to be quite eventful. Without warning of any kind, Vriko would feel her energized prison lurch as it always did when it was lowered for one of her meetings with her brother and his fiancee, however it was not Mythal or Serilda that she would find waiting for her this time.

Instead, she would find a woman that looked quite similar to Serilda in many ways, though much older. Victoria stood in all her splendor, looking as regal as any queen with a stern and powerful air of command about her, even more so than what Serilda carried. By comparison, she made the Voidwalker look much softer. Behind her was one of the guards, prone on the floor like he had either been knocked unconscious or killed, though there was no blood that Vriko would be able to see. Steely golden eyes stared down at the raven haired woman in a way that Vriko would be more than familiar with. It was the look of an ageless immortal. And she wasn’t alone. Another stood beside her, the two gazing upon the woman with vastly different countenances.

“Good evening, daughter of Archimedes. I am Victoria. This is my brother, Lux… and today is your lucky day.”

WORDS: 1116/3354 | @Mythal Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 15th July 2021, 12:26 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    987/4157 words || @Serilda Sinclair  || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    Vriko had clearly shut down for the day. They had got more out of her than Mythal had expected but frankly, that was the fruits of their long and arduous efforts. They had been wearing down her walls, poking and prodding with conversations and questions until her own curiosity and annoyance had forced her to speak up. The interactions were never long -- this was the longest thus far -- but it crafted the opening they needed to learn more about her mindset. Vriko had tried to kill them, yes, but both Serilda and Mythal understood that she wasn’t on the same level as Faera or her minions. She was a girl tossed into a war she had no choice in refusing and once she had been betrayed, she lashed out. Despite the blood on her hands, there was still an innocence about her; or perhaps it was better classified as ignorance, forged from a lack of judgement. All she understood was hatred and violence.

But if her words were true -- and Mythal knew they were -- there was a bit of hope for her. They had planned for this, even if it was a long shot gamble with the chips down and a river full of sucky cards. But the couple were never beyond doing everything in their power to save anyone, so long as there was something still there to save.

As the wild woman indicated that she had finished talking with them, they understood. Serilda thanked her and the Director helped his fiance get to her feet as the guardsmen retrieved the chair. With nothing else to say to her, the two departed, disappearing down the hall and leaving Vriko to glance idly over her shoulder at them before snorting and returning to her silent obstinance. Once they had made it a good deal down the corridor, Serilda spoke up, remarking that it was time to call Gren. He nodded. “Looks like it,” he said, rubbing the back of his head. “Somethin’ tells me that Lux is gonna have too much fun with this…”

Some weeks passed, with Mythal and Serilda continuing their visits to Vriko’s cell. Unfortunately they seemed to have struck an all-important nerve and she answered them far less in each recurring visit. One night came, with the lights lowered to a manageable level for prisoners to sleep while still allowing guards to keep a keen view. The wild woman was not sleeping; instead, she was sitting on her bed, staring out into the empty air that was her constant friend within her imprisonment. Sleep would come soon enough, after she had finished some of her mental training. But the feeling of the jail lurching pulled her out from her trance, causing her to roll her eyes in annoyance. Now they were visiting her in the later hours? It’s like they were trying to annoy her.

As the cell came to a stop at the platform, Vriko waited a moment before turning her head to look at her visitors. But rather than her insufferable brother and his woman, he found someone else entirely. She looked like someone that could easily pass as Serilda’s grandmother, her stance firm and proper and a gaze that could chill water and melt ice. There was a guard on the ground behind her, laying flat and unconscious from whatever this woman had done. Vriko’s crimson orbs met the golden gleaming gems of the woman and felt an icy grip on her heart and soul, one all too familiar. She wasn’t human; Vriko was quite sure she was some kind of demon or goddess. In fact, there was a voice in her head telling her that it was both and neither.

A man was standing beside her, the air about him far more sinister than commanding. He had piercing blue eyes and a jovial smirk that hinted at trouble. He was completely unfamiliar, with wavy gray hair and a thin frame that was just short of the woman he was with.

Vriko turned instantly, jumping to her feet and getting herself in a semi-defensive posture. As Victoria greeted her and provided introductions, the wild woman sneered. “The hell do you want?”

“Jeez, you would think that she’d be a bit more thankful for our daring rescue,” Lux remarked to Victoria. “We’re here to bust you out, kid.” Lux rubbed his hands together and then raised one to snap, causing the light shielding on the cell to explode into fragments of glittering color.

“Who sent you here? Was it Archimedes? Are you with Faera?” Vriko continued her line of questions, without budging.

“I’ve got enough to deal with with one old, bitter hag; I don’t need another one griping on me,” Lux said, gesturing to Victoria. “We were hired by an anonymous party to break you free and let you go. Oh, speaking of…” Lux snapped again and Vriko’s equipment appeared at her feet, including her case of swords.

Vriko glanced down at it quickly in surprise before the Lightbringer continued. “But if you’d rather stay, I’m sure the Rune Knights’ll be happy to bash your face in when they find your cell open and your weapons in front of you. Your choice,” Lux said with a shrug, crossing his arms and smirking once more.

The wild woman grunted behind her continuous frown. This was suspicious for several different reasons but there were no denying the facts. This was her one and only chance to escape. Whoever the mysterious benefactor was, she would deal with them when she came across that bridge. For now, it suited her far better to steel her concerns and make her break. She dropped down and grabbed her equipment, latching it onto her in record time. With her sword case resting against her thigh once more, like an old friend, she snapped her gaze back to the two strange beings.

“Let’s get on with this then.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 9:34 pm