Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods)

Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods) Empty Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods)

Post by Anastasia Isayev 10th September 2015, 10:39 pm

So, I frequent the chatbox rather regularly and it's kind of a chaotic mess in there. So I'm going to suggest ways to manage the chatbox while not intruding much.

Step 1: Treat Chatbox as an official site medium
    As such, players should be held to the same standard on the chatbox as they are to be held in OOC areas on this site. Which usually extends to:
    - Minimal cursing (This is especially bad with the younger members of the site)
    - No racial, gender, sexist, religion, politics talk or bashing there (Just to get the taboo subjects out of the way)
    - No Flaming/Flame-Baiting/instigating (Because... let's be real. Don't be a douche, it's not nice)
    - No flooding or being annoying with
    posting
    one
    word
    per
    line
    to
    get
    your
    thoughts
    out
    onto
    the
    chat
    box.

If someone breaks rules of the chatbox (which should be similar to the rules of talking in the OOC areas) they should get punished as if they did it in a topic. The reason people get away with things like the above is because there aren't any actual repercussions for their general douche-baggery.

Step 2: Moderator Behavior
    I've come to realize that the moderators here are very quick to change topics. While changing topics is fine when people begin arguing (with less than desirable words and flinging insults) or someone posting something absolutely obscene.... Changing a topic because people are venting their frustrations on the site is not.

Self-Censoring, regardless of if it's a beat-up topic is NOT good for the site. People aren't generally encouraged to air out complaints they are having with how things are ran or some of the decisions made on the site. Self-Censoring is also not a good way to get possibly helpful feedback (which the mods could relay to the admin, but they won't). If the discussion isn't a heated argument where people are flinging insults, then the mods should just let it be. Clearing it and issuing warnings not only reflect poorly on the staff for not liking criticism, but it also disrupts any free-thought on the site. It is poor moderation.
    TL;DR: If it's civil, let it happen. Don't clear because YOU are irritated about hearing it for the 11th time. The mods are only there to make sure things don't get out of hand.

Step 3: Moderator Ladder of Punishment
    If things are getting out of hand, the moderator (if present) should step in. They are to hand the individuals the following (which can change due to severity)
    1: Warning.. Verbally warn them in the CBox to calm down.
    2: Kick and then PM Warning -- If they don't calm down. Kick them from the C-Box and send them a PM telling them to calm down.. and that it's their last warning
    3: Temporary Ban (1 day to 1 week) -- If they still don't turn down and insist on being a douchebag, the Moderator should deliver a temporary CBox Ban (Duration lasting depending on severity). Once they are temporarily banned, their temporary CBox Ban is reported to the rest of the staff.
    4: Permanent CBox Ban -- If they continue acting up, completely and utterly remove them from the CBox.
    5: Site Ban -- And if that doesn't work, just get them off of the site.

I was told that "people don't take a certain mod seriously". So treating the CBox as an extension of the site with proper punishments, people will comply and be more civil on the chatbox.

Please... seriously look into this and not dismiss it. It's a problem on Cbox and will alleviate a lot of the negativity there. I'm personally growing to resent the chatbox due to various factors where people can't grow up and have a civil conversation or speak your mind in a civil manner without the chat being wiped and told to change subjects.
    -----
    I also want to suggest the site have a place specifically for feedback in terms of how the site is ran and decisions made by the staff. To be honest, this site is very disorganized and I do have a ton of gripes about this place. Having been an admin in previous RP sites, plot, and dev... this place hurts to look at (though, I hope my suggestions will slowly help cure that problem)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Experience : 1543.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods) Empty Re: Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods)

Post by Shipping Goddess 10th September 2015, 11:03 pm

Well my personal thoughts on this are such:

People do treat the CB as an official site medium, when have you really seen something be bad like what you stated? No one says anything racist, sexist, etc, no one swears that much and even if they do the moderators tell them to stop. Whilst the newer members should read the rules, a person on his/her first day on the site shouldn't be crucified just for dropping an f-bomb in CB, the mods will give him/her a little "hey, cant say that" and he/she, who is probably used to the previous language rules on his/her previous site, will respond with "okay." As for
    saying
    one
    word
    this
    I personally think that is targeting me myself, but even if it isn't thats you just being extremely irritable and rude. Most people don't actually do that, they just break apart extremely complex sentences into smaller, simpler sentences just to save the time, which generally take up more space in cb. You getting mad over that is extremely personal, and is just plain rude honestly, calling someone annoying for actually being efficient. Would you rather have multiple lines of tiny simple sentences, or one giant block of text? I thought so. As for people like Shohei who actually
    does
    do
    this
    just
    to
    annoy
    people, people like them just do it to be annoying, even after people tell them not to. if someone says "hey, can you speak in proper sentences" and they continue doing it, thats annoying. Instead of being reasonable you would say "stop being annoying and doing that" and that is just rude. As for the other little statement its okay to have a little fun in the cb, we're not with the queen of england, No need to be so uptight, if a problem arises the mods will take care of it, but unless its a problem don't hate on the chaos that is CB. Its chaos, we ALL know this.

As for moderators themselves i think they do a good job and stuff, but i completely agree with what you say. Some mods get extremely sensitive over things that don't even require a clear, or warnings, or kicks, or whatever. They'll be like "END THE DISCUSSION" when people are stating their love for cats, or the other saying dogs. Its not a whole flame war, but instead they just say "nope dropping it now." To any mod reading this - friendly arguments are a neccesary part in life.

As for the ladder of punishment it still follows to this day. People get kicked for fun and all but people generally respect the mods. If a fight breaks out and mods say cool it, it gets cool. No ifs, ands or buts. I was banned for an hour due to me NOT cooling it once, so yeah i think it still works out. The thing is people take different views as things, and mods dont always need to step in. If people are having an argument as to why Superman would lose to Batman (which he totally would) and stuff gets HEATED, yeah mods step in, give a warning, maybe a kick if the convo continues, and then a ban if people consistantly keep it up. So yeah, no. The reason you probs dont see the punishments as often is because nothing is really worth such punishment, you just think it is because you wanna have the image of being in the same room as the queen of england.

Basically, all-in-all, except for maybe a mod ending a discussion too early the cb is fine as it is. I live by the motto "If one does not mean to offend you, it is your own fault for being offended." You may think "wow this mod is doing a horrible job, theyre not stepping in to end this right now!" but you must think, is it really worth it? Should you be getting angry, should you be getting fed up? Are they trying to cause a scene, trying to pick fights? No, they arent. Even in this little rant, you may find some statements hurtful or whatever, well im telling you here everything in these 3-4 paragraphs has no offense intended, so if you decide to still stay offended afterwards you are just a perfectionist, and there is no Utopia for you to live in. Thus my thoughts, and people who think that they can make up their past follies with regret cannot be forgiven..... Honestly i had no idea what that had to do with anything, but I had to make at least one reference or quote. First person to get who the quote is from gets a cookie!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods) M7mHyEw
    Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods) CKWpl03
    Izayoi Burakkurōzu
    Izayoi Burakkurōzu

Quality Badge Level 1- Player 
    Lineage : Kumiho Descendancy: The Legion Master
    Guild : Pharoah's Call
    Cosmic Coins : 4
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chaos Legions
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods) Empty Re: Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods)

Post by Izayoi Burakkurōzu 10th September 2015, 11:05 pm

We try to, If you have a issue and no Cbox mod/site mod is present try and contact one, If you can't get ahold of one take a screen shot and send it to me and i will handle it. You can also contact me on skype or via PM. My skype is Ken.Tokimaji. Please don't be afraid to contact me, their is a ladder of punishment in place.

Izayoi's sorrow:
    Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods) Tumblr10
    Uso & Mizarī - Masamune - Pending Armor XD
    Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the First Reaper
    Position : Sinner #5: Wrath
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 225,322.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Reckoning
    Second Skill: Death's Game
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 11th September 2015, 1:31 am

Gotta be inclined to agree with Ana here. My first day on the cbox I was warned for saying "crap" on the cbox.

Weeks later I was issued a warning for saying "Shit"

when at other times I see the f-bomb being dropped and no one steps up. I feel the mods are 1. way too harsh on that, and when I asked the mods once in cbox about it, they cleared it and told me to 'change subject' when all I was doing was seeking fairness. So yeah kinda inclined to agree that the 'change subject' happens far too fast, when its not heated, and just a calm conversation.

I've also seen a huge religion bash go on for minutes on end, where people were flaming, yet no mod 'cleared and asked for topic change' so I've come to the conclusion, its
    1. based on which mods are on at the time
    2. If said mod(S) that are on, like or dislike the topic, will determine if its gonna keep rolling, regardless of what the rest of the cbox was having in mind.
    3. Typically also dependent on 'who' is part of the conversation or 'how many people' are in the cbox.

as
    for
    talking
    this

I do it all the time, and am sorry for the spam, I typically talk breaks and just

voice my opinion.
    in many lines of text
    such as this right here
    without intentionally doing it.

I agree with Ana's punishment idea.

Now, as for Ivy I've gotta partially agree with here too, shes got some valid points herself.

Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods) YdfXSKP
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 11th September 2015, 2:42 am

If you have any issues in cbox try to get a screenshot if you can and send it to me.
    Or just send me a PM.
    I have messaged the staff about this sort of thing just now so hopefully things will improve

Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods) Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods) Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Chatbox Behavior (Both Players and Mods) Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Akryn
    Akryn

Quality Badge Level 1- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Aura
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Thorsfell, Gamara, Vishnu, Cytorakk, Botosai
    Experience : 1625

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Wind Magic
    Second Skill: None
    Third Skill:

Post by Akryn 14th September 2015, 9:23 am

AGAIN! The staff are doing the best they can to try and make it fun and enjoyable for all. People behave and speak in different ways. IF HOWEVER, Anastasia, you feel the rules should be stricter than ok they can be. But stop whining everywhere I look.

Prayne de crabug ahm keike rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron!

Akryns battle theme

Spoiler:

Dramatic moments

Spoiler:

"I came into this world, kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have little issue going out the same way."

Current date/time is 16th May 2024, 9:18 pm