Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The King of Beasts

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Scion of the Void King
    Position : Goddess of Conviction
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 12,421,054

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Voidwalking
    Second Skill: Sword of Wrath
    Third Skill: Cruorthurgy

The King of Beasts Empty The King of Beasts

Post by Serilda Sinclair 15th December 2018, 4:54 pm

Job Details:

"Character counts most when duty calls."

Well, this wasn’t at all what Serilda had been expecting.

She looked at the paper in her hand, then back up at the house, and then back down to the paper. The address matched what he’d given her, but truthfully she was a bit shocked by how large the home was. For a man that had spent most of his life homeless, Mythal sure had climbed up a few rungs on the social ladder.

It was a two story house surrounded by lush trees and plenty of lawn space. The home itself was clean and well maintained, and even in the middle of a nicer neighborhood. She had expected something on the nice side when he mentioned he lived in Oshibana, but this was still far and above what had come to mind for a man that had only recently stopped dressing like a hobo.

With a mental shrug, Serilda tucked the scrap paper in her pocket and walked up the brick pathway to the front door. Beside her, the hound Xiuhcoatl trotted in line with her heels, her attention struggling to decide what it wanted to focus on more in this unfamiliar place full of new smells. She did not stray from her spot, however, obediently tagging beside her mistress.

Serilda reached up with a gloved hand and knocked on the door, loud enough to be heard but not so loud as to be impolite. Then she took a step back to give a respectable amount of space and stood at ease with her hands behind her back, though her face still roamed around to take in the property.

Mythal had asked her to join up with her on another job, which at this point was hardly a surprise. He had invited her to join up with his team of Fairy Tail members just recently, so it was expected that they would be working jobs together quite often from here on out. In spite of their rocky, back and forth, occasionally even hostile history with one another, they had somehow managed to reach a point of friendship that the two of them had simply chosen to accept and roll with. Even if their arguments could get heated from time to time, there was no mistaking that the two of them did work quite well together.

So here she was, meeting up with him at his home from which they would move on to the location of the job itself. She didn’t really know anything about the job in question just yet, but had no doubts that he would fill her in once he let her inside.

Words: 437/3500

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

The King of Beasts Empty Re: The King of Beasts

Post by Mythal Ragnos 15th December 2018, 5:17 pm

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

For most people, this would probably be a big step. Serilda was the only person he considered a true friend at this point, though Markus had become a reliable partner and very well could become one as well. But the woman was by and far the most trusted person in his life at the moment. Despite the heated arguments they had several times, they had managed to find a bond that was nigh unbreakable. Granted, they had also had several poignant and intimate conversations pertaining his life, beliefs and history as well as the traumas that plagued her from her history. Though they seemed to be on complete opposite ends of the spectrum, they were actually quite suited as partners and friends. And the fact that they had slept together twice? Well, it just made them very close friends.

No it doesn’t, a small voice said in the back of his mind. Mythal mentally waved away the annoying pest of a voice, once again storing it behind a locked door. It had taken large steps for him to just get here and honestly, it felt good to have someone that knew his past and accepted him as a friend anyways. But for someone that was fairly secretive and private, inviting anyone to their house should have been a big deal. And yet for Mythal it wasn’t; despite its intricacies and ‘rich’ looking appeal, he simply viewed it as a place to rest after a long day of work. He didn’t lavish in its décor nor did he partake in any of the extra amenities that came with it. He slept here, he ate his breakfast here and then he came back to it to repeat the cycle. The road had always been more of a home to him, or at least in recent years.

He heard the knock on the door, his eyes lifting from the iLac in front of him. He’d just finished up eating a minimalist’s breakfast and had been sitting in the breakfast nook, catching up on the news through the phone. It was about the only device he knew how to work in this damned place. He tapped the screen to turn it off and pushed himself to his feet, walking through the small dining area until he was at the front door. He glanced out the peep hole to make sure it was actually Serilda – one could never be too careful nowadays – and then tugged it open. “Hey,” he greeted her simply, giving her the barest hints of a smirk.

But a full blown smile came out as he looked down at the hound. “Hey there Xiuhco,” he said, bending down and waiting for her to come over and greet him. He would offer his hand to her to smell and then give her backside a firm petting before finishing it with a friendly pat. “Wanna come in and get the grand tour? I have to grab my stuff from upstairs anyways.”

Hargeon PortFairy Tail
    497/3500
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 15th December 2018, 6:14 pm

She wouldn’t be waiting long before he opened the door. “Good morning,” the woman replied, a bit of a smile in her eyes if not in her lips. By now he would be used to her more subtle facial expressions, knowing that even if it wasn’t written all over her face she was still happy to see him.

He looked down at the hound then and a large smile came across his lips as he greeted Xiuhcoatl. “You like my wolf more than you like me,” she accused him dryly, a hint of a smirk in her face. Serilda waved the hound on and the pup eagerly moved over to Mythal, leaning her backside heavily against his leg and smiling up at him with her big, open mouthed grin. She wiggled happily against his hand as he scratched her rump.

When that was done, Mythal invited her inside and offered to show her around real quick before they left. “Sure,” Serilda said, stepping into the home when he stepped away to let her past. Xiuh followed her inside, keeping close to both of the humans rather than running amok in the house like she owned the place.

“I have to say, when you invited me here this was not what I was expecting. Not that I thought you lived in a slum, of course, but a large house in the middle of an upper class neighborhood didn’t strike me as the style of home you’d go for.” For a man that was so keen on keeping a low profile, this was almost a bit contradictory to his lifestyle. Granted, there were a lot of things about Mythal that seemed contradictory to the woman, though not in a bad way. He just struck her more as a minimalist, and from what she could already see from the inside of the home, this place was a bit on the lavish side.

Words: 768/3500

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 15th December 2018, 7:12 pm

“What? No, that’s crazy. I totally like you more than Xiuhco here, Serena,” he said, intentionally saying her name wrong to tease her. He shot her a look, cocking a single brow and actually smirking at her now. He’d never really imagined that flirting could be as simple as being one’s normal jackass self. Granted, he never imagined he would be flirting at all. But with Serilda, it was actually quite easy… and fun.

He held the door open and stepped inside to let her and Xiuhco enter, the two of them entering in the small entryway. Right past that was the main living room; perhaps the most extravagant part of the house easily. Cream colored couches sat on the ground before them, staring across each other with an oak wood coffee table between them. A pillar rose up beyond that, connecting to a small canopy that looked over the living room from above. Beneath that was a glass chandelier above a dining table, fixed with five chairs. Another chair sat in the corner away from the overhang, with a single lamp resting above it to set the mood for the reading corner. Long, pristine windows ran the length from bottom floor to top floor away from the canopy, letting the sunshine in when not covered by the crimson curtains that hung on either side.

“One of my jobs awhile back was helpin’ an old soldier make his peace with this world. He’d gifted most of his fortune away to charities and such but there was still the matter of his house. ‘Pparently for doin’ him his favor, he wanted me to have it. Slum is what I’m used to. This…” he gestured to the room idly. “Not quite my bottle of booze. But it’s a place to put my head down so, can’t really complain. And way I look at it, ain’t no one gonna look for my poor lookin’ self in a rich person’s house, right?” He shrugged, a bit lazily but also full of humor.

“So this is, what I’ve gathered, is the livin’ room. Dinin’ room is right over there under the thrust. The kitchen…” he started as he led her around the corner to it. “… is right here. Guy loved to cook, by the look of it. I know he was never married so he made this kitchen for himself.” It was a quaint in terms of space but elegant in terms of décor. The cabinets that made up the walls were a light color while the island and cabinets on the ground were a more reddish-brown. The tops of the counters were marble by the looks of it, a creamy mixture of whitish hues. A former brick fireplace had been hollowed out and an iron stove had been installed within it, with four cookers it seemed.

“On the other side…” he said, leading her out of the kitchen and back into the living room. “Is the relaxation room.” They walked past the stairs that led up to the second floor and he moved them into another area that was more dimly lit than the last. Here another fireplace sat on the wall to the left, with furniture strewed about the place. A display case for fine china rested against the wall they had come in and across from that were two sets of bookcases that were filled with tomes and volumes. “And through that door is the steam bath. You know, for those people that liked to soak in hot water.”

Hargeon PortFairy Tail
    1085/3500

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 15th December 2018, 7:42 pm

Serilda rolled her eyes, though the smirk on her face lingered. “Sure you do,” she retorted, barely resisting the urge to snort.

He explained to her how he’d come into possession of the house, which had been left to him by a dying client. It certainly answered a few questions that Serilda had regarding the decor, which didn’t exactly seem like items that Mythal would pick out on his own. The previous owner had clean but expensive taste. She liked it, but then again Serilda had grown up in a rather posh environment. This was all still quite lowkey compared to what she was used to.

That being said, it was homey. Despite her upbringing, Serilda wasn’t exactly one that required the best accomodations at all times. Her own home in Ace of Spades was actually smaller than this, more quaint and simple, which ironically meant that the one time slummer was actually living a higher lifestyle than the noblewoman. He showed her around the first floor where there was a living room, a dining room, and a rather large kitchen. Mythal confirmed her thoughts that the previous owner must have been a fan of cooking.

Mythal rounded out the tour of the first floor by leading her back through the living room to a spot that had been set out for relaxation, beyond which was a door that supposedly had a steam bath. Curious, Serilda opened that door and took a look inside. The sauna room was spacious, at least in terms of what one would find at a private home rather than a public spa intended for such things. “I think I’m actually a bit jealous of this one,” she admitted. “The only one near me is a public one that gets used fairly often by the residents in Ace of Spades, and I’m usually too exhausted after work to walk all that way.” Having one in his home was certainly a convenience, and Serilda made a mental note that perhaps one day, when she was ready to upgrade from where she currently lived, she would have to look into such an amenity.

She did have to admit that so far this home seemed like one of the last placed someone would go looking for Mythal. Closing the door, Serilda teased him, “You’re becoming quite the respectable member of society. You better be careful. I think I’m rubbing off on you.”

Words: 415/1183

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 15th December 2018, 7:59 pm

The first floor was certainly the more expansive part of the house, so it was best to get its tour out of the way. They only stopped when Serilda decided to take it upon herself and look into the steaming room. The floor was all tiled out and two baths sat next to one another, though each one was large enough to fit four people in it. Bamboo pillars were set at each corner of the combined baths and the windows on the back wall were all steamed up from the heated water. As she commented on her jealousy and her lack of a personal bath, he chuckled. “Well uh… if you ever want to stop by here and… use this one, you’re more than welcome.” It wasn’t quite offering her a key to the place but it was an offer nonetheless.

As she turned to tease him, he snorted and shook his head. He barely managed to mumble out “Rubbing off,” in humor before he turned and headed back towards the living room, waving her on. He climbed up the rugged stairs until they reached the second floor, which had the balcony that looked over the first floor and two doors. “The one down there leads to the attic, which is mostly just storage space. But this is the bedroom,” he walked into the room, stepping aside so she could walk in. In the center of the room was a large king-sized mattress, covered in lavish pillows and silken sheets and heavy, comfy blankets. The headboard was made up of a soft pillow-like substance so one wouldn’t bump their head in the middle of the night. At the foot of the bed was a small storage box and on either side nightstands with small knick-knacks. On the far wall were three windows that pretty much made up the entire wall, dark purple curtains hanging low over them to cover the light. Two armchairs sat on either side of a small table next to the windows. And on the wall across from the bed was a lacrimavision, a decently sized one as well.

“Lemme tell ya; it’s nice to have a bed to rest on rather than a hard stone ground. Though I have no idea how to use that thing,” he said, pointing at the magical television. With the tour complete, he went over to the armchair and picked up the last things he needed. His leather bag that he threw around and over his shoulder and then Curse. He actually took a moment before attaching it to his back, bringing it over so she could see it. “My swords. Never got a chance to show it to ya because… well, it has a tendency to disappear.”

Hargeon PortFairy Tail
    1543/3500

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 15th December 2018, 8:28 pm

She hadn’t been fishing for an invitation to use his steam room and was about to say so before she stopped herself. Mythal was many things, but he wasn’t an idiot -- despite how many times she’d called him one to his face. He knew her well enough to know that wasn’t like her, and that if he was making the offer it was because he genuinely wanted her to feel like she could use it if she ever wanted to. “I may take you up on that someday. Thank you,” she told him graciously.

He walked away after an amused mutter regarding her last comments about rubbing off on him, and Serilda followed with a small smirk. Finally, he lead her upstairs where there was a large bedroom and balcony. It was an exquisite room, and Serilda couldn’t help but raise a brow at the sight of it, impressed. It was clean and elegant, spacious, and even had a large lacrivision hanging on one of the walls -- though Mythal had yet to figure out how to work it, it seemed.

He moved over to a chair on the far side and retrieved his belonging that he was planning on taking on this job. Knowing that she was a swordsman, he offered up his own weapon for her to take a look at if she wanted. It was an overly large broad sword of sorts that she needed two hands to hold steadily. “How exactly does a weapon have a tendency of disappearing?” she asked him curiously as she looked the item over. It was finely crafted with a razor sharp edge and evenly spaced grooves that stretched across the blade and were evenly spaced down its length.

“I’m surprised at how well balanced this is, despite its size.” Serilda looked up at him. “I didn’t think you used weapons.” It was as much a question as a statement. From everything Serilda had observed, and what Mythal had told her, his magic and fighting style revolved completely around hand to hand combat. She’d seen him punch a man so hard his spine shattered. Honestly, a sword kind of seemed like overkill at that point, though it was never a bad idea to be too prepared.

She offered the weapon back to him. “What is this job, anyway? All you said was that it was in some hunting village a bit from here.”

Words: 1601/3500

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 15th December 2018, 8:47 pm

Serilda wasn’t one to put forth a thought with the intent of getting an offer or suggestion. She had always spoken true and honest, unafraid to voice her opinion or thoughts in the moment. So her observation was merely just that. But Mythal’s invitation was just as authentic; honestly offering her the opportunity to use the bathhouse at her leisure. She appreciated it and he smiled, a stupid little goofy smirk that even he didn’t know he was making. But he continued on, leading her upstairs to the bedroom. She stood in the entryway and looked about, impressed by its size and décor clearly. He retrieved Curse from its resting place and brought it over to her, the Voidwalker turning her attention to it.

“I wish I could tell ya. Frankly, for a while, I thought I was just leavin’ it places. I had a tendency to drink myself into a stupor and when I woke up, it was gone. But then it would just come back, usually resting against my back or lying against the wall near the door when I woke up. I don’t really like to use it; find it easier to punch things but I’ve been trained pretty well in it. Plus it’s the only thing that survived the fire that night.” He paused, a small frown tugging at his lips. “It was Gren’s. His retirement gift from the Rune Knights. Felt wrong to leave it behind. I used to think that I lost it because I threw it away, that lookin’ at it hurt too bad. I thought it was just that but…” he trailed off, his brow furrowing slightly. It was clear he had more to say and boy did he but he gave a small shake of his head. “Not now. After we’re done with the job, I’ll explain.” To assure of that fact, he reached out and put his hand on her shoulder, giving her an affectionate squeeze.

He then led them back downstairs. “One of the Hunting Villages is lookin’ for some wizards to come prove their mettle against this pride o’ lions that’s been stalkin’ their harvesters. Normally they’d just handle it themselves but apparently these big cats ain’t easy to put down. They say the head honcho is big. So now that we’re officially partners, figured it’d be a good job to start us out,” he explained as he walked towards the front door. He waited for her to follow him and then locked the door behind them. But rather than head towards the street, he began walking around the building. He grabbed something from the short stone wall and tossed it to her. It was a helmet.

“How’re you with lacrimacycles?”

Hunting VillageFairy Tail
    1996/3500

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 15th December 2018, 9:48 pm

Serilda certainly had never heard of a sword that just liked to randomly wander on its own. Her brows furrowed in confusion as Mythal explained that the weapon would just up and disappear when it seemed like it more or less, and how he used to think it was his own fault until the habit started becoming too uncanny. Somehow, it always found its way back to him.

But it was an item that had some sentimental value for him, whether or not he was a fan of using weapons. He mentioned that it had belong to Gren, his adoptive father that had died, and Serilda felt a wash of some strong emotion simmer in her core as she recognized how readily he had let her handle the precious item. There was more to the story, but clearly it was a long one because he actually stopped himself. Explaining it would be better to get into it once the job was done, he lead them back downstairs -- though not before squeezing her shoulder in assurance that he would, in fact, regail her with the details afterward.

After that, he explained the job that lay ahead of them. The citizens of the village were being harassed by a pride of lions, a special breed of them that were too much for their regular warriors to handle. They had requested the presence of some wizards to help free them of the creatures so they could harvest their crops in peace and safety. “Seems straight forward enough,” Serilda commented. A battle with any animal was bound to be a fight worth remembering, particularly against a large predator like a lion, but after some of the shit that the two of them had already fought together this job seemed like it would at least be simple, even if it wouldn’t necessarily be easy. Given what had happened at the hotel and in the ruins, the two of them could use something simple.

Serilda stepped outside just being Xiuhcoatl and they waited for him to lock the house up. He moved to the side of the building then, and Serilda easily caught the helmet he tossed her. Blinking at it in surprise, she confessed, “I’ve never ridden one. My parents always thought they were reckless vehicles, as far as I could gather. But then again, with five children, lacrimacycles weren’t exactly efficient family transportation.”

Words: 2006/3500

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 15th December 2018, 10:48 pm

So she hadn’t ridden on a lacrimacycle before? He masked the smirk on his face as he led her around the corner, to the small plot that made up the driveway. A vehicle as black as the night sat in the center of it, the two-wheeled bike long and intimidating. It had been outfitted with a driver’s seat and a seat behind it for a passenger. But upon further inspection, it seemed there was a small but notable hole between both seats, one big enough for perhaps a bag or… an animal. “Truth be told, I never rode one either before I got one. I didn’t even have my license until this guild in Motor City was tryin’ to gift me this bad boy. But they’re surprisingly nimble. I brought ‘er to the local mechanic yesterday to see if she could be outfitted with a side car. Instead of doin’ that, he made this,” he explained, walking up to the bike and pointing at the hole. Up close, she’d be able to see comfortable rug-like material on the floor and a buckle that was definitely meant for an animal.

“For Xiuhco,” he said, nodding to the hound. “Won’t do much when she starts to grow but for now, if we’re ever on a job together, she can ride along without a problem. Once she starts gettin’ bigger though, we’ll have to get a side car, won’t we?” He said, asking the dog directly. Once the two of them were ready, he would get onto the bike and pull his own helmet on. He’d help Serilda buckle Xiuhco in and then advise her on how to properly ride on a bike as a passenger. With that all set and done, he started the lacrima within it and they were off, zipping down the road and off to the Hunter’s Village.

Walking would have taken them nearly a day and a half to get to the village but with the lacrimacycle, it took them only a few hours. Upon arriving, they were able to distinguish where the pride had been spotted as of late from the hunters and set out on foot, ready to meet the animals head on.

2363/3500

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 16th December 2018, 3:03 pm

Mythal lead her around to the side of the building where the bike rested. It was black in color, long and sleek, with a seat for both the driver and the passenger. As he explained how he came into possession of it, he also pointed out a little cubby like spot that was between the two seats. Inside was a soft rug and a pet harness. Every time Serilda thought she was finally starting to understand the man, he turned around and did something unexpected. It was an extremely thoughtful and generous act to go out of his way and have his transportation modified so that it would accommodate the hound.

He spoke directly to the pup with his last question, and Xiuh wiggled her butt happily, leaning against his leg again in an attempt to vye for more petting. Serilda shook her head, covering a small smile.

Sitting down on the passenger seat where he instructed, Serilda motioned to the hound and Xiuhcoatl jumped up into her lap. From there, the two of them nestled the animal into the little nook and got her properly strapped in. Once that was done, she pulled the helmer over her head. It was a tight fit with the bun on the top of her head, but she managed to get it on. “My hair is going to be a disaster,” Serilda murmured, a half-assed complaint with a dry tone of amusement.

Her friend gave her some instructions on how to position herself as a passenger, teaching her that if she was uncareful it was possible that she could throw off the balance of the lacrimacycle. The safest way for her to ride until she was more used to being a passenger, it seemed, was for her to simply hold onto him from behind and let him guide the distribution of the weight in the turns. Serilda did wonder briefly if he was doing this as a veiled excuse to get her to hold onto him for a couple hours, but she said nothing of those thoughts out loud.

After a few hours of pleasant driving, and touching base with the locals in the village, they found themselves walking through the wilderness in search of the pride. They didn’t talk much as they walked, not wanting to draw too much attention to themselves while on a hunt. The landscape was mostly open, though there were a few trees with low branches that stretched out wide from the trunk. Additionally, the grass was tall and dry, making it a sandy color that would be difficult to distinguish a lion out of.

By the time they found what they were looking for, the village was barely a speck on the horizon behind them. There was a momentary shift in the winds, and it carried a scent that Xiuhcoatl didn’t like. The hound immediately stopped and sniffed at the air carefully before hunching down and giving a very low, quiet growl. Serilda withdrew her sword, knowing the pack had to be close if Xiuh could smell them. “I don’t sense them yet, but if she can smell them then they can smell us,” Serilda whispered to Mythal, sure that his heightened senses was letting him smell the creatures as well.

They continued on carefully for another minute or two when she first felt them approaching. “Five of them coming toward us,” she said, holding out a hand to stop the man so she could focus on their movements. “They’re fanning out to hit us on three sides. About… fifteen meters and closing. None of them has a mass size that I would consider overly big for a lion.” She was fairly certain the big one that the villagers were truly concerned about wasn’t a part of this group yet; that this was merely a hunting party. Either way, it was time to make their first stand and they were lucky enough to have the element of surprise if they wanted to utilize it.

Words: 2685/3500

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 16th December 2018, 3:53 pm

Once the two of them hit the job grounds, they both fell into professional stances. Despite Mythal’s internal philosophy, he never stood there and complained openly about humans anymore. It was hard to do that when he considered Serilda such a close friend. Having her around had actually made him a lot more tolerable, his many interactions at this point becoming, at the very least, more social than closed off. Even talking to the hunters in their town hadn’t just been a one sided, one partner deal – Mythal had been right there, asking questions and getting information as well. Maybe she was rubbing off on him just a little bit.

They walked slowly through the wilderness, the three carefully moving about reeds. This is where it was important they kept the chatter to a minimum; letting their targets know they were coming was a bad practice neither one of them really enjoyed. Their targets had apparently made their homes on the semi-plains, semi being the operative word. While it was mostly flat lands, with very little dunes and hills, the grass had grown nearly to the height of four feet. Worse yet was the fact that it was a sandy color, making it hard to distinguish ground from grass… and even lion. So they were forced to move carefully, staying close to one another in case they were attack from one way or the next. Having Xiuhco and his senses would help though; their scents would be given away before they even thought about laying a trap.

They’d walked for some time before he paused, nearly in time with Xiuhco. They both sniffed at the air as a new wind blew in and the hound let out a growl. It was a warning to the two of them that something wasn’t right and the God Slayer knew it too. He could smell old viscera and fur, telltale signs of hunters of the plains. He reached back and pulled Curse from its resting spot, the blade unfolded itself out until it was at full length. “Don’t worry, they can smell us. Scent’s getting stronger,” he whispered back, crouching low in the tall grass. The creatures would definitely be able to sense them out better than they could so they continued moving, hoping to get some kind of advantageous ground to hold.

When Serilda could finally sense their movements, that was when they knew they were close. Her senses were wide enough to give them warning and she was able to distinguish their exact placements in the grass. They were fanning out, forming a moving cup to trap them in. But it seemed the large one that villagers told them about wasn’t there, or at least didn’t seem to be. They spoke of the creature like it was some kind of titan among other creatures but these kinds of people seemed to embellish for the sake of creating an exciting story. Whatever the case, they were only moments away from an ambush.

Mythal flicked a switch on the handle of his sword and the blade dropped forth-five degrees, revealing a cylinder hidden beneath it. He squatted down carefully, fixing his feet into position as he held the weapon out with the cylinder pointed ahead. He inhaled slowly through his nostrils, his eyes transfixed on the tall grass before him. There was a breath of absolute silence before he suddenly pulled on a small trigger and a gunshot rang out from the weapon, the blast of magic surging into the reeds. It hit something alive, a yelp of pain piercing the air that was followed immediately by the sound of body dropping.

Just like that, the battleground came alive. The four other lionesses surged out of the tall grass, snarling and growling as they charged. Mythal’s sword snapped back in place just in time for him to jump to the side and avoid one of the wild animal’s vicious swipes at him. He backpedaled through the grass, the creature giving chase and running over his speed. It leapt again and the God Slayer brought his weapon up, using it to vault the beast over his head without hurting him. He then slammed it down onto the ground, pinning the lioness with his arm. Not one to make a mess of a mere hunt, he slid the blade into the lioness’ bosom and ended her life quickly, not wanting to cause any more pain than needed.

3105/3500

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 16th December 2018, 5:18 pm

It didn’t take more than a few seconds after feeling the lionesses approach in the distance before the battle sprung into action. Mythal managed to snipe one of the beasts out of the grasslands before the animals got a chance to strike, and after that found himself preoccupied with one lioness that had taken offense to his presence in particular.

Serilda, on the other hand, quickly found herself and her hound being stalked by the three remaining beasts. Xiuhcoatl was low to the ground beside her, awaiting orders. “Angribe!” the wizard commanded, pointing in the direction of one of the beasts. Xiuh rushed headlong through the reeds and slammed her body into one of the lionesses. The feline had heard and smelled the wolf coming, but that didn’t help her be any more prepared for the canine’s superior speed.

The lioness stumbled back, and as she attempted to regain her footing the wolf leaped onto her back. Xiuh’s jaw snapped tightly around the beast’s furred neck, holding on and refusing to let go no matter how much the target flailed and rolled. The lioness attempted to get Xiuh beneath her where she could rake at the wolf with her claws, but somehow the canine managed to keep herself out of the way of any worrisome strikes.

Meanwhile, Serilda was fighting with the final two lionesses. Both cats came at her from different sides at the same time, but she was prepared for this. With her sword in her right hand and her left hand free, she waited until both beasts leaped at her. Shifting the void in the hard dirt at her feet, Serilda ripped a three foot sized chunk of hard earth from the ground. It came up underneath the first lioness, smacking it on the underside of its jaw. The second lioness jumped right through her body, scrambling to the ground in confusion and trying to regain footing after finding its prey without a physical form to attack.

Now both animals were on the same side of her. While the second cat struggled to turn back around, Serilda sliced it lengthwise with her scimitar. With her free hand she was redirecting the boulder of tightly packed dirt. It careened into the first lioness, sending the feline flying several feet. The second lioness recovered, now angry at having been wounded. It leaped at the woman again, looking to clamp down on her with a large hungry jaw.

But Serilda kicked herself up into the air, calling upon the weightlessness of the Void to lift her up several feet off the ground. The lioness just barely missed biting into the mage, who use her own momentum to spin in the air and cut the animal along the spine. Looking back to the first cat, Serilda flicked her wrist and redirected the boulder once more. It dropped heavily on top of the beast, crushing its rib cage and pinning it to the ground where it would breathe no more.

By the time she finished her rotation in the air, her eyes were back on the final liones -- who was desperately trying to find a way to get at the woman in the sky. The beast wriggled its great, muscled body and threw itself into the air. Serilda dropped down on top of it, meeting the challenge with the tip of her scimitar. The weapon’s reach was longer than the cat’s, and soon the lioness found itself choking on the sharp blade that had been rammed straight down its throat. By the time the two were back on the ground, the lioness was dead.

As Serilda withdrew the sword and checked herself for any injuries she may have missed, Xiuhcoatl returned to her side. There was blood on the wolf’s muzzle, as well as on her sides from a solid swipe her target had managed to land, but otherwise the hound seemed fine. Mythal, too, seemed relatively unscathed. “Well… that wasn’t terrible,” she murmured to him, still trying to keep her voice relatively low as a precaution. “I can see why the hunters in the village were having trouble, though I wouldn’t really say any of them were anything to write home about.”

They still had yet to find the beast the villagers ranted about, though. She knew if only because all of these had been females, and the one they described as a giant was the alpha male of the pack. “As big as the male is supposed to be, you’d think it wouldn’t be difficult to spot, even with all this…” Her voice trailed off. Her eyes went wide in shock. Off in the distance, still too far for her to feel with her senses, was a creature so large that she wouldn’t have needed magic to see it among the reeds.

And it was coming right for them.

Words: 3508/3500

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 16th December 2018, 6:36 pm

As Mythal dispatched of one lioness, the entire hunting pack burst into action. Serilda ordered Xiuhco to handle one of the creatures and she engaged the other two. Three separate but similar battles occurred at the same time, each side fighting for supremacy. No doubt the lionesses knew they had engaged enemies that weren’t meek or easy but at this point, they couldn’t quite retreat. And so they fought and, unfortunately, fell before the weapons and might of the trio. As the God Slayer stood up, he caught the finishing moments of the last feline’s life as Serilda came back down to the ground, leaving it lying on the ground in a bloody heap. The hound returned to its master side, scratched up on her sides from her own fight, but seemingly still in good spirits.

He walked back over to the other two, as the Voidwalker whispered about the state of their fallen foes. It was true; they were not much in terms of a battle, having been relatively easily slain by their hands. And the people in the village were raised and practiced hunters; no doubt they had tricks that the three of them could only dream about. So the fact that there had been trouble between them and this pack was… surprising. “The big guy must be quite the brute,” Mythal muttered, referencing their real target. The head of the pack was surely around the area if the lionesses were about. He was looking off to the side as Serilda spoke, hoping to spot some sign of the rest of the pack. But he didn’t miss it when her voice trailed off, mid-thought.

He turned to look at her and followed her gaze, now his own eyes widening. They could see the lion from where they stood, bounding across the plains towards them. It wasn’t just big; it was tremendous. The stories and details the hunters had told were not false after all – in fact, he was sure they didn’t do the monster justice. It was taller than some buildings he had seen and with each falling of its paws; the ground began to quake more and more. It was coming at them in a full sprint, clearly offended that they had slain some of his huntresses.

“Well this got complicated,” he said, no longer needing to keep his voice low. He snapped his sword out and in a ready position. It would be on them within seconds and they had very little time to prepare. “We need to take its legs out and watch out for its mouth,” he offered the only advice he could think of. Bigger they were, the harder they fell right? If they removed its ability to move, then it was nothing but a large slab of angry meat. That was much easier to take down than something that was practically a kaiju at this point.

When the monster leapt, the air around them seemed to pull upwards and towards it from its sheer mass. Its mouth opened, revealing fangs that were as large as cars and far pointier. As it came down towards them, Mythal dodged away from the incoming mouth – not an easy feat, considering its size. He knew Serilda could handle herself along with Xiuhco and with the basis of their attack plan laid out, they could enact it. First thing Mythal did was charge in and swipe at the monster’s leg, his blade biting into the fur and flesh. He yanked the blade out, causing the massive lion to roar and twist its body in an attempt to swipe at him. He just barely managed to avoid the claws that came out at him, leaping away from the paw and then beginning to run adjacent to the large lion. The sword cocked down once more, revealing the barrel of the gun beneath. He let loose a series of shots, the blasts smashing into the lion’s body several times.

It roared once more and spun its tail at him, the heavy extra appendage slamming into the God Slayer and sending him flying. He spun head over tail several times, the sheer strength of the beast knocking him skyward. But he activated the ring on his finger and as soon as it turned on, his cape snapped up and wrapped around him. A moment later, a dark crow soared down from the skies, flapping its wings aggressively. He swung low and then unfurled itself back into Mythal, just as he was reaching the back leg. His right arm was already paled into the bright white as he brought it forward, slamming it into the creature’s leg. The entire limb buckled from the impact but still managed to stay up. Mythal turned on a single leg and, when he came back around, slammed his right arm into the creature’s leg once more with a magically infused fist. This time the leg bent awkwardly and it fell down, howling in anger and pain.

Mythal twisted around and swung his sword at the front leg again, despite being nowhere near it. But from the arc of his swipe emerged a beam of black and purple magic, birthed from his very own Slayer magic. The slash carved into the creature’s joint, causing it to fall onto its side in agony. Now that his side was incapacitated, he leapt backwards and pressed another button on Curse’s handle. The blade hissed and whined as the gears within it began to work. The blade itself popped apart, separating each segment into its own little portion. Then it curled in an arc, creating a crescent shape as it moved into place. The entire weapon jerked and then the handle expanded nearly three times its original size. When all was said and done, the sword had become a fully functioning scythe.

He swung it through the air once to get a feel for it once more. And then, with his magic surging into it, he began to swing it in a rotating fashion on either side of his body. From each spin emerged purple and black crystallizations of his magic, soaring forward and stabbing into the lion’s side. A dozen of the shards embedded themselves into the fur of the massive lion before Mythal stopped his spin and slammed the end of the scythe into the ground. The crystals exploded all together, releasing the pent up magic right onto the animal’s flesh and severely burning it. With Serilda doing her job on the other side, no doubt this massive creature was done for.

4199/3500

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 16th December 2018, 8:01 pm

The ground was shaking with each leap and bound that the gargantuan lion was making, and no years of training and discipline could have possibly stopped Serilda from sparing a moment to stare in slack jawed shock. “I’d say so,” was her only dumb response to Mythal’s comment. He advised that they should aim for taking out the thing’s legs, and it was a comment she wholeheartedly agreed with even if she had zero idea how they were going to accomplish it. A quick glance down at Xiuhcoatl betrayed the hound’s severe disinterest in engaging this foe, who’s smallest toe was bigger than the wolf’s whole body.

“Tilbage!” She ordered the hound. “Vagt!” Xiuhcoatl immediately raced away from her mistress, finding a spot where she could keep an eye on the fight and make sure no other lions stepped in to try and tip the already overscaled odds. This was a fight that Serilda refused to let her devoted hound take part in, as she would not knowingly send the pup to her death. She would be more useful on the sidelines, watching their flanks.

Holding the scimitar before her at a middle guard, the mage stubbornly set herself into a composed fighting stance. “Void Step!” The air parted before her and Serilda rocketed forward. She couldn’t afford to pay attention to what Mythal was doing, only trust that they were both working toward the same end. She zipped past the lion before it could clamp its maw around her. Turning in the air, Serilda thrust her sword up and dug it deep along the creature’s belly as she soared past it. It’s fur was thick, giving it ample enough protection that its insides didn’t immediately come spilling out, but it did maintain a large bleeding cut.

It also got mad. One of its powerful back paws swiped at Serilda, looking to stamp her down in the ground and rake her apart. She gasped as the creature stepped down on her back and pushed her to the ground where it threatened to squish her. But instead of stomping on the woman, it only raked its massive claws into the dirt and grass. Rather than be squished, Serilda’s body had simply fallen into the ground where she diverted her direction away from the beast’s attack.

When she came back up to the surface, she was followed by a large stone spike crafted from the rocks deep in the ground. It was ten feet in length, only a foot wide at most with a razor sharp tip, and hovered next to Serilda as she shot up into the air above the lion. While it was distracted by Mythal’s melee combat she took the opportunity to throw some ranged attacks in. Serilda flicked her wrist and the spike rushed through the air toward the beast. It smacked into its open mouth, carving through the lion’s cheeks and shooting back out the other side.

The lions howled in rage and agony, but she wasn’t done. The Voidwalker swept her hand across her body, redirecting the spike once more and it tore through a tendon on one of the creature’s back legs. Three more times Serilda would guide the makeshift spike so it would tear through flesh and fur until the final strike when it nailed one of the lion’s paws right into the ground, pinning the frontal limb in place.

Her attacks were few, but the size of her custom shaped weapon had guaranteed it would do proportionate damage with each strike. Between her and Mythal, the beast was not much longer for this world. However, she did not want to draw this out. Terror to the village or no, all this lion had ever done was what nature intended for it to do. As it cried out with anguish between the two of their attacks, Serilda resolved to put the beautiful, horrifying beast out of its misery. With one more burst of speed, she zipped toward the lion’s head, aiming right at the soft spot of the creature’s temple just in front of the ear. There, she embedded her sword deep into the feline’s skull where it pierced fully into its brain.

After a few dying twitches, the creature slumped to the ground as a smouldering, bleeding corpse, the weight of its dead body causing the ground to quake one final time.

Words: 4251/3500

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 10:54 pm