Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Save the Sacrifices

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Scion of the Void King
    Position : Goddess of Conviction
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 12,421,054

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Voidwalking
    Second Skill: Sword of Wrath
    Third Skill: Cruorthurgy

Save the Sacrifices Empty Save the Sacrifices

Post by Serilda Sinclair 5th December 2018, 10:14 am

Job Details:

"Character counts most when duty calls."

“Was your wife behaving oddly when you saw her last? Anything out of the ordinary?”

The man seated across from her shook his head. He was older, his hair a thorough mix of the auburn shade it was in his youth and the salt and pepper it was becoming as he aged. His face was downcast with the sorrow and grief that had befallen him for the last couple weeks since his wife had gone missing. “No, not at all,” he told her softly. “We hadn’t gotten in any arguments, things were fine at work and at home. There was no reason for her to leave. That’s why I think she’s been kidnapped like so many others…”

Serilda hummed thoughtfully to herself. She had been sent to this desert town by Sabertooth, who in turn had received the job from the council themselves. People had been going missing at an alarming rate, and they wanted it looked into. “Do you have a picture of her?”

“Yes, of course,” he told her with a nod. Standing to his feet, he walked over to the mantle on the other side of the room and selected a small, framed photograph. When he sat back down, he offered it to her.

She looked over the woman’s face. Marney looked about the same age as her husband, with strawberry blonde hair and wrinkles from a lifetime of smiles. “She is beautiful,” Serilda commented idly, filling the awkward silence for the sake of the man. “May I keep this, Saul? I’ll return it when the job is done, but it will help me recognize her.”

He nodded and removed the picture from the frame, handing it back to her. “Whatever will help you. Just please bring my wife back to me…” At those words, Saul lost a bit of his composure and struggled to hold back his tears.

Serilda stood and made toward the exit, but as she passed by she set a hand on the man’s shoulder. “We will. I promise. Thank you for your information.”

Then, she left the man’s home. Frowning at the heat from the desert sun, the Sabertooth wizard made her way toward the center of town. She was supposed to be meeting a partner, another wizard being sent by a second guild at the council’s request. Since Serilda had arrived much sooner than she’d needed to, she had decided to spend her time wisely and get a head start on some of the research.

When she arrived at the designated spot, a large fountain, she sat and pulled a map of the town out of a pocket, unfolding it. Her eyes searched it and then, using a pen, she marked a spot. There were many other such spots already on the map from other locations people supposedly had gone missing from. While the dots weren’t in a tight cluster, it did give some evidence that the kidnappings were happening toward the outskirts of the east side of the town, where the unrelenting desert waited.

Words: 519/3000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Save the Sacrifices Empty Re: Save the Sacrifices

Post by Mythal Ragnos 5th December 2018, 10:35 am

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

Well, it sounded like Mythal was about to get involved in something far more serious.

The Tower of Rodger had been, arguably, the most challenging job he had taken on recently. Mythical underground lair pops up from under the market place in Magnolia, filled with statue traps and killer gargoyles and Minotaur brothers? It was worthy of singing about and yet, the God Slayer had still managed to overcome it. He’d had questions of course; why had Gold Rodgers hidden a ring inside of a magic opposite tower? What happened to the midget and his two female companions that had tricked him into calling it forth? He had hoped to beat the answers out of them but they had vanished into the thin, leaving him with questions and a massive headache. But he had cleared the tower out and essentially saved the lives of civilians in the town. Who knew if those creatures could have gotten out and gone hunting?

But with that completion came, apparently, an obligation to take on similarly challenging jobs. And when the Magic Council pitched a job to Fairy Tail to select a member on a joint operation, guess who the lucky shmuck was that got pushed to the front of the line? Mythal found himself heading into the desert once again, the blaring sun beating down on him and robbing him of any possible enjoyment. The town of Desierto was within his sight, the sand filled settlement rising out of the dunes as the only place of sanctuary. "Wonder who the genius is that came up with Desierto?” he mumbled to himself as he took it in, scowling. "They coulda at least been clever ‘bout it.”

But of course they weren’t. First idiot that had offered a name and they rolled with it. As he made his way into the very edges of town, he could already sense something was amiss. The people here were on edge; the few that were out stopped in their tracks to stare at him. He watched them with a neutral gaze as they ran into the nearest buildings and took cover, eying him beyond doorways and windows. He could understand their trepidation; many of their neighbors, friends and family had all vanished in the middle of the night. No note or nothing. He’d heard of slavers taking people into custody but those were stragglers in the deserts, people that had run away or gotten lost.

Taken from a town? That was worrisome.

He turned a corner and spotted the fountain, the luxurious structure about the only thing glamorous about the rundown town. As he got closer to it, his eyes narrowed at the sight of the person sitting on its edge. It couldn’t be… could it? It almost looked like Nessa at first but… why would she be here? It was supposed to be joint between different guilds. Of course as he came up closer, it was undeniably someone else but still familiar. The woman from that job in Crocus, the one from Sabertooth. Her name was…

"Selma,” he said confidently, sure he had remembered her name without issue. "So they stuck us together again,” he said, matter-of-factually. Well, that made things slightly easier. He didn’t know her very well but it was, at the very least, someone he knew. That would mean they didn’t have to go through the process of introductions.

BoomslangFairy Tail
    577/3000
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 5th December 2018, 10:41 am

She looked up at the sound of a familiar voice, blue eyes squinting a bit to make Mythal out through the glare of the sun behind him. “Serilda,” she corrected him simply, no annoyance in her voice. As crisp and to the point as she ever was, she told him, “You may call me Seri, though, if that’s easier to remember. I hope you have been doing well since our last job, Mythal.” It seemed she would once again be expected to work alongside this peculiar and scruffy Fairy Tail wizard that reeked of liquor. At least she could be assured that she wouldn’t be pulling all the weight.

Serilda handed him the map. “I got here early, so I’ve been doing some asking around. I spoke with the families of a few of the missing persons. The marks on that map are places the victims were last seen, or where they were heading when they went missing.” He would also see with each mark the name of the victim and the date they went missing, showing that someone was being kidnapped roughly once every other week or so with the most recent being just under a week ago. She stood to her feet and turned to face the fountain. One by one, she laid out the small pictures she’d been collecting that morning of the faces they were trying to find. There were about a dozen of them, varied in age, gender, and appearance.

She stepped back to let him take a look. “As far as I can tell, none of them have anything in common. Most likely they were victims of opportunity, rather than being targeted for something specific. Proximity to the desert seems to be the only correlating factor. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get any kind of reliable information on the suspect, despite how few visitors this town gets.” Which, of course, meant that the person doing it either was very good at keeping himself hidden, or was a native to the town that no one would suspect.

Her report finished, Serilda stood quietly for a moment to let him take in the information she’d gained and formulate his thoughts. She wanted to see what kind of conclusions he would draw on his own, rather than lead him with her own speculations. Perhaps he would see something she hadn’t, or have a suggestion for a next step.

Words: 934/3000

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 5th December 2018, 10:45 am

"Right, that’s what I meant,” Mythal was quick to add on after she corrected him. How had he gotten Selma out of Serilda? True be told, he was more impressed he remembered any part of her name – he’d only made it a point to focus on the ones within his guild. She probably wouldn’t understand but even remembering a portion of her name was a fairly big leap for him, socially. But he wasn’t one to celebrate such things; he merely made a mentor note of it. "I’ve been alive so… that’s something,” he said with a shrug, taking a moment to look away and survey the open area. He didn’t indicate if he would call her Seri or not – it wasn’t even possible he had heard her offer the idea.

His gaze returned when she held out the map to him, which he took and turned so he could look it over. She explained that she had done most of the heavy lifting before he arrived; she’d talked to the families of the missing people and marked their last known locations. He looked over the map quietly for a moment before speaking up. "Good. You handled the annoying part. Thanks.” He meant it earnestly but obviously referring to the tasks she had done as ‘annoying’ didn’t quite show appreciation. Luckily he had the wherewithal to realize what he had said and look up. "Uh… what I mean is… you… really did… good work… takin’ care of those… family members and shit.” Oh, this was a train wreck. It was worse than a train wreck – it was a meteor crashing down into a village level of bad. He clamped his mouth shut and pulled the map up higher, choosing to focus on that instead of trying to communicate any thoughts whatsoever.

He was so busy trying to find something else to focus on that he actually did end up noticing something. As she explained that she couldn’t see any patterns – which was true – there was something odd about the placement of the kidnappings. As she had noticed, a lot of the snatch and grabs had occurred on the east side of the town for the most part. None of the villagers had been grabbed anywhere near the center or on the opposite end. That meant that whoever was grabbing these people didn’t want to chance being noticed or caught sneaking around where it was more crowded. And if they didn’t want that, then they would want somewhere they could escape to as well.

"Here,” he said simply, planting his finger on a crudely drawn part of the map. Unlike the bland coloring of sand signifying the desert, this particular spot was shaded with darker browns and golds and a series of weaving lines were sketched on it as well, looking like cracks on paper. But in real life… "Looks like gorges. Canyons have caves and stone mazes,” he explained his thoughts further, holding the map out for her to take it and observe his findings. "If I were going to hide people I kidnapped, I’d bring ‘em there.”

BoomslangFairy Tail
    1037/3000

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 5th December 2018, 10:48 am

Serilda only watched him as he stumbled through his socially awkward moment, her gaze no more stony than it usually was. While a more thoughtful person might have reassured him or given him a subtle opening to claw his way out of the moment, she simply let him flail around on his words and get it out of his system, waiting for him to finish with the patience of a cat standing in front of a half empty bowl.

Luckily, he did provide something of worth at the end of his little episode. She looked to the spot he pointed at, where the colorations on the map indicated a change in terrain not much more than a day’s walk outside the city limits. “Yes, that does seem like a good location to hole people up…” Serilda accepted the map back and looked it over once more before tucking it away. “The pattern of the disappearances indicates that it’s a little too soon for another person to go missing. It could take us days to find anything in a canyon of that size, but at this point I don’t know that we’re going to get anything more here.”

She collected the pictures and put them back in her pouch as well. “Let’s get what we’d need for a short stay in the desert and be off, then.” The job hadn’t necessarily called for leaving the city, so she had not packed for that. No matter, of course, as the townsfolk would surely be able to sell whatever they’d need. Once they were stocked up on water, rations, and whatever else they deemed necessary, they set out into the unforgiving wasteland.

Several days later, they were camped up in a shady spot at the bottom of the gorge. They’d found a cave with a single entrance tucked in a corner of the ravine, keeping them out of immediate sight for any passers by. Not a lot had been said between the two of them over the time they’d been out there, but Mythal would have caught on pretty quickly that Serilda was not a fan of the heat, nor kicking her feet up in the outdoors. She made no verbal complains, nor did she do anything to purposefully draw attention to her frustration, but as the days went by the looks of impatience and distaste grew more obvious through her normally unreadable mask.

She was grumpy, tired of sleeping on a hard dirt floor with naught but a blanket to keep her clean, and irritated that she hadn’t been able to take a proper shower since they had left the town. Luckily deodorant and a cautious use of water kept her from smelling, at least, but despite her best efforts her clothes were a wreck. Thankfully, today was the day something would finally happen. Mythal, being the stronger wizard between the two of them, would likely sense it first, but she felt the approach of a wizard. The aura of magic was unmistakable, and while she couldn’t understand the nature of it, it did leave her feeling uneasy.

Frowning, Serilda quietly moved to a place where she could peek out of their little encampment without being seen, breathing an internal sigh of relief that both she and Mythal typically kept their own magic presenses hidden. Soon a man came into sight. He was excessively overweight, and unsightly by the way of looks. Trailing behind him was a train of people shackled together like slaves. Their faces and clothing were so dirty she could hardly make them out, but Serilda was certain she recognized at least a couple of them from the pictures she’d gathered.

“How do you want to do this?” she whispered to Mythal, her voice barely carrying far enough to reach him let alone the people outside. Normally she would have just stepped out and confronted the man, but with civilians at risk she wanted a more thought out game plan.

Words: 1609/3000

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 5th December 2018, 11:00 am

Apparently Serilda was one of those people that just let a person flail in the water until they found their footing, as she simply stared at him during his stumbling of words. In a way that was better; if he’d left it as it was, it would have been more offensive than anything else. And now that he had run into her and been assigned to her twice for jobs, he couldn’t help but think that his luck was going to keep running that same pattern. Luckily, she was right back on topic when he was and she agreed with his sentiment. She took a moment to look it over and then put the map away. Then she delivered the worst news he could have expected. "Days?” he asked, trying not to sound too damn annoyed. He hadn’t agreed to take this job so he could camp out for days in a desert hole with someone. He hadn’t even prepared himself for that!

Serilda was taking the news a lot better than he, as she packed herself up and began explaining their next steps. They had to get supplies and that meant talking to people – something she had given him home he could avoid. But he had nothing to his name beyond his jewel, his magic ring and Curse… which was still missing. He sighed and followed after her, walking right along and picking up supplies as needed. Once they were ready and prepared, they headed out into the blistering heat to begin their hunt.

And for days their hunt stood at a complete and utter standstill. They had found a place in the gorge that offered shade, something he would desperately require when the distasteful sun hung high and hot in the air. Once there, all they could do is wait for someone to come by so they could follow them. Exploring the caves would take too much time and, frankly, could get them lost. Or they could tip off the kidnappers and get the taken villagers killed – that wouldn’t impress the Magic Council one bit. So they sat around… and they lay around… and they sat around some more. Honestly, it was the longest amount of time Mythal had spent with a person since he was a teenager. Granted they hadn’t talked a lot but that was perfect for him and apparently for her too.

They were both rather miserable by the time the day came for something to happen. Serilda did not like the heat – something she didn’t ever outwardly express but was easily recognizable by her demeanor. Mythal didn’t care one way or the other about the heat but he didn’t enjoy its source or the refracting sands that seemed to absorb the illumination and glow just as bright. Otherwise, this was almost like he had been living prior to – and still relatively present day – joining Fairy Tail. He’d slept in more alleyways than he had ever cared to count, this certainly wasn’t the longest he had gone without showering and living with the land had been half his training at the monastery. Ironically, Mythal seemed to be the most put together of the two at the moment and that was saying something.

But then it happened; a magical aura had appeared nearby and was moving swiftly through the ravine. His head perked up, his eyes snapping to the side to glance in the direction of the magical source. Serilda had sensed it too; she moved up and over to the edge of the cave to peek out. Mythal rose up and brushed the sand from his clothes and moved over to the entryway too, though he kept himself far away from her. Within a moment or two, a man came within their view. He was a fat man, who carried himself like a noble despite his face resembling that of a wet, discarded rag. A chain link was tightly gripped in his hand and attached to it via shackles was a literal parade of captured people, each one worn and exhausted from their plight.

Mythal stared at the chains for a long moment, seemingly lost in his own fantasy. Bitter, pain filled memories filled his mind and a low growl escaped between his teeth. Before he could give a proper answer to Serilda, he had disappeared into the ground; not quite merging with the sand but almost like he had fallen into his own shadow.

Just as the fat slaver was passing under a stone ledge’s shadow, Mythal appeared in front of him. Before the man could even fully gasp, the God Slayer’s knife edge was slamming into his plump side. He soared through the air and into the cavern wall, kicking up a cloud of dust. The chain in his hand had fallen out during his one-way trip and the slaves had all stumbled backwards in surprise. Mythal only gave them a cursory glance. "Go. Now,” he said to them, his tone cold. He kept his focus on the dust cloud, waiting to see if the man would emerge from it.

BoomslangFairy Tail
    1884/3000

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 5th December 2018, 11:03 am

What was somehow more unnerving than the aura of the man passing them was the fact that Mythal ominously did not answer her question. Once she was able to peel her eyes away from the scene before her after hearing a concerning growl, Serilda turned only to find her partner had disappeared. What is he doing?! she asked herself, now both alarmed and quickly rising with anger. All she could do was wait where she was so as not to blow their cover.

She couldn’t see what exactly had happened, but soon Mythal had burst from his hiding place and landed a solid blow on the slaver, sending the huge man flying. Without missing a beat, the woman stormed out of the cave. “What the HELL is wrong with you?!” Serilda yelled at him. “We’re supposed to be saving these people, not getting them killed!”

Even as she chastised Mythal, Serilda made her way hastily to the line of civilians that were still standing in shock and awe at the situation. They hadn’t run yet, not just because of the surprise but also because it would be difficult for them to move anywhere with haste while they were still chained together. Serilda put her hand on the chain and funneled her power into the empty particles between the metal’s molecules. In less than a second, the chains fell through the captives’ hands and landed on the ground, still locked. The people rubbed their wrists in wonder trying to comprehend what had just happened.

“Is this everyone? Was anyone left behind anywhere?” Serilda’s stern tone, still wracked with anger at Mythal’s reckless act, snapped the people out of their stupor.

“No, he kept us locked up and together at all times. Everyone is here.”

“Then do as he said and run.” She pointed down the ravine. “The town is just a couple hours out, follow the ravine and it’s a straight shot.”

“Yes, ma’am!”

Turning back, she stomped over toward Mythal just as the dust was beginning to settle, her sword in hand. “If you ever do something that careless again and put innocent people at risk, I swear to gods I will…” Her voice trailed off. The air had cleared.

The man had disappeared.

She didn’t even have time to ask the stupid question of where he went. The screams of their freed captives sounded behind the two wizards at the same moment a magical power pulsated from the ground. Serilda turned in horror to see a giant whirlpool of sand that was threatening to pull them under the surface.

The Voidwalker sprinted toward them, allowing the vicious pull of the spell to suck her faster toward the epicenter than her own speed alone could have carried her. As her body came down, she lead the charge with the point of her sword and a battle cry. The people standing above ground would only see her fall beneath the surface as though the sand and rocks weren’t even there in the first place. A moment later, the whirlpool stopped.

Below ground, Serilda phased effortlessly through the packed dirt, the empty spaces of her body moving in perfect tandem with the emptiness in the ground. The man -- clearly some kind of earthen wizard, jumped back away from her before the point of her sword could find him. However, the attack had broken his concentration and freed the people once more, which was her true intent for the moment. All she needed was to keep him busy long enough for them to get out of the way.

“You dare to interrupt my sacrifice?” the warthog faced buffoon sneered at her. They were standing in a small tunnel of sorts, not much bigger than the man himself, as though he had carved it with his body.

“Your sacrifice?” she asked with disgust, still doing what she could to buy time on the surface. Truthfully, Serilda wasn’t sure she was strong enough to hold her own against this Bladdi for long. He was stronger than her, and she knew it.

“I am Bladdi Maccoi, and I will use their blood to draw the favor of the all powerful Mutura of the Sands, and he will free me from my curse!”

“What curse?”

“My face you stupid wench!”

Serilda blinked at him, dumbfounded. “You want to kill over a dozen people just to make yourself more attractive?!”

He growled at her. “What would you understand? An attractive woman such as yourself has never had to deal with the humiliation and rejection that I have my entire life.” Then, after a short pause, he looked her over again. Cold shivers raced down her spine. She felt thoroughly violated, despite the fact that he hadn’t even touched her. A sickening grin twisted his lips. “Then again, you are quite stunning, aren’t you? Once I am handsome, maybe I’ll see about breaking in my new body on you.”

It took every ounce of discipline she had not to snarl at the man. Her icy eyes narrowed at him. “You have much bigger problems, Bladdi. There are plenty of women that could find happiness with an ugly man, or even a fat one.” She put emphasis in the insults hoping they would keep his rage and attention on her. “But no woman in her right mind would ever settle for a man with an ugly heart like yours.”

Well, that was the tipping point. He came at her then, blow for blow with his fists as she passed through the ground barely able to dodge the attacks. He was quicker than she was. Serilda took a couple hits, but bit back the pain and bided her time for the right opening. When she found it, she struck true, piercing Bladdi clean through one of his thighs.

Shortly after that, Serilda’s body was thrown violently back up to the surface, where it bounced and rolled along the ground until a rock stopped her momentum with a hard smack. Bladdi emerged just a second later to continue his assault...

Words: 2664/3000

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 5th December 2018, 11:03 am

Serilda’s voice sounded like it was far away – or maybe it was the shrill, continuous buzzing in his ears. Mythal rarely had moments of absolute, carnal instinct but this had been one of them. His eyes never wavered from the dust cloud in front of him, his fury fueling his magic into his limbs. This man had chained these people up and was dragging them through the desert without a care for their health. All the memories from his past came swirling to the surface, haunting him, infecting his mind with their pain and anguish. Back then he couldn’t have done anything about it but now; now he had plenty of ability to do so. The world around him narrowed, his vision diving into a tunnel that only saw bloody, violent vengeance. Serilda could yell at him all she wanted but it wasn’t going to do anything against him.

He didn’t notice when she left him to go take care of the prisoners. He didn’t see her return, brandishing her sword and making threats if he ever pulled something as foolhardy. All she was now was noise in his ear, attempting to distract him. But as the smoke faded away before him, he found the space empty. That’s when the world came rushing back, his hearing returning, his anger dulled by the cold hammer of reality. Just like her, he had little time to fathom where he was before the servant’s screams drew his attention over to their plight. The sand beneath them was swirling, trying to grab at them and pull them into the ground. Before he could react, Serilda sprang into action. She dove into the whirlpool, her body sliding along the moving sand and then fell into its heart, though it looked more like her own magic had activated to let her fall through the solidity of the surface.

Had she done it to keep him from making another impulsive move? Or was she just really that noble? It didn’t really matter; now she was below and dealing with the wizard. He growled, fighting against the anger inside with logic. He ran over to the servants, still struggling to get to their feet. "What did I say? Get outta here!” He yelled at them, pulling them up one by one with little effort. "Desierto is not even a day’s walk if you just walk with the ravine. Whoever is from there, take charge,” he barked orders, pointing in the direction they needed to head.

He waited until they had all began to run away, pushing any that lagged behind so they would catch up to the group. Just as he turned back, trying to figure out how to get beneath the sands and join the fray, Serilda was violently thrust from the underworld. She rolled along the surface before crashing into a rock. And out from the sand came the dark wizard, prepared to finish her off. Yet as he moved at one speed, Mythal moved at one above his. The God Slayer slid across the golden beads as he put himself between Serilda and the man, his fists already up and ready. This was, by far, the most serious he had looked in a fight for quite some time.

“You… you two,” he hissed at them, flexing his fingers angrily. “Mutura will punish you! I’ll make him, I’ll…” He was seething with rage. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a long knife, holding it at the ready. “You won’t get me. I won’t let you. Mutura will welcome me into his realm. He will make me one of his most trusted servants!” As he railed against the world, he brought the knife up and pressed its tip against his shirt, right over his heart.

Mythal’s eyes snapped between the knife and the man’s crazed face. Then slowly he began to relax, his defensive stance loosening slightly.

“I’m serious! You can’t stop me now!” Bladdi claimed, his confidence on a tipping point.

"You want to off yourself? Go right ahead. Won’t see me leapin’ to stop you,” Mythal snapped back, scoffing at the man. "But I don’t think a piece of crap like you’s got the guts.”

Bladdi growled furiously, the last offense he was willing take. He thrust the dagger into his heart, even as he called out for the demon he worshipped. His cry became strangled and wet from his own blood entering his throat. And then he fell back, his wide eyes staring blankly towards the sky as his own gore painted the sand beneath him.

Mythal stared at the dead man, snorting and shaking his head. "Guess I was wrong,” he mumbled as he turned back to look at Serilda. "You alright?” he asked, starting to bend down to help her up.

Then he felt it; an intense magical power. His head swiveled around to see Bladdi’s body jerking upwards, his massive stomach nearly hovering in the air. From it came a choking black smoke that swirled upwards and began to expand outwards. From its core came a terrifying creature; a humanoid being that towered over the two of them. Long hair ran off its head, swinging and curling around in the clouds behind. Its pointed ears were pierced three-fold on either side with black steel ornaments. Its mouth parted, revealing line after line of jagged, pristine teeth. It had no eyes to speak of, the gaps where they should be as dark as its aura. Its hulking body was adorned with dark, runic tattoos that seemed to shift and swirl like storm clouds.

The summon demon growled gently, basking in its freedom. Then two crimson, colored balls of light appeared in its eye sockets, locking onto Mythal and Serilda. Its hand extended towards them slowly, its fingers splaying. The God Slayer burst into action, charging forward and leaping at the creature with his arm already cocked back.

“Infinite Darkness,” the demon spoke, its voice rumbling and deep. An orb of gold and black erupted from its palm.

"Oh f-…” was all Mythal was able to get out before the orb overtook him, swallowing him into its core. The orb swung upwards and then came down to float just above the djinn’s shoulder. Trails of sand encircled around the ball of darkness, like lunar rings around a planet.

Then he looked down at Serilda, a mischievous grin on his face. “That fat slob was right… you are stunning.”

BoomslangFairy Tail
    2961/3000

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 5th December 2018, 11:05 am

Outside, Serilda seemed fine. For the most part, at least. She was already developing a number of bruises, and there were now blood stains added to all the grime that had built on her clothes over the last couple days. She grimaced as she groaned and rolled over onto her stomach. Her mind, however, was flying with a thousand curse words a minute. Everything ached or stung, her head was throbbing, and her vision certainly needed a moment to clear itself after kissing that boulder with her body.

Discipline had somehow managed to keep her sword in her hand. By the time she was able to steady herself on one knee, they had both already watched Bladdi take the coward’s way out and impale himself with his own knife. Serilda watched him die, a cold and uncaring expression on her face. She held no remorse for the death of such a disgusting excuse for a human, who was willing to die over something so pathetic.

Mythal turned to offer her a hand and was greeted with a simmering glare. Pain and exhaustion had tired her rage down to a dull irritation, but she was still not ready to let him off the hook. Even as she reached in the movement to accept the gesture to help her stand, she told him, “I’d be better if you hadn’t recklessly…”

The rest of her sentence got swallowed up. Since she was still facing Bladdi’s body, she saw Bladdi’s body beginning to float. Her brows snapped into a heavy frown and she quickly forced herself onto her feet. “This is not good…” Serilda told him, though Mythal was likely already well aware of the obvious statement. Smoke poured from the corpse, and from it birthed a giant creature the likes of which she’d only read of in stories before. The woman had never seen one to recognize it, but there was only one possible word that came to her mind to describe the sight, and it was merely a coincidence that the word was accurate: demon.

Serilda’s eyes went wide and her stance faltered ever so slightly. The instant she recognized the feeling of dread within her, she stamped it down behind a dozen stubborn mental barriers and forced herself to readjust, but the sword in her hand was quivering. This was the stuff of her nightmares. A being from another world, in command of foreign magics she couldn’t begin to understand.

A blur passed her in the form of Mythal, as her partner raced to get a hit on the creature. If his courage wasn’t enough to snap her fully from her reverie, the sight of him be swallowed into a cloud of darkness was. She gripped her weapon and growled low, the anger once again boiling up inside of her. This was no time for fear. She could succumb to her insecurities later, but right now if she wanted to survive she needed to fight.

The demon spoke to her, complimenting her looks as Bladdi had before. Reaching out toward the void, Serilda allowed her body to be immersed in the weightlessness it offered. She floated up into the sky so that she could be at a somewhat more relative eye level with the abomination. As she did, she used her free hand and crossed it over her body in front of her, from shoulder to shoulder. Invisible pockets of void space clung to her form like a glove. The wizard didn’t truly believe that her shielding spell would have any real effect against something like this, but it would be stupid of her not to give it a chance to try.

“My name is Serilda Sinclair,” she told Mutura proudly, her voice somehow not betraying the trepidation shaking her to the core. “I don’t know what kind of foul beast you are, but I assure you: You will regret making enemies of the Sabertooth and Fairy Tail guilds.” Assuming, of course, that Mythal was still alive. She certainly hoped he was, but there was no way for her to tell what had happened to him. All Serilda could do was wait to see if he was as stubborn as she believed he was.

The demon chuckled. “Now now, is that anyway to treat a man that’s complimenting you?”

“Cheap compliments from an abomination as ugly as the one who summoned you will not distract me from my duty.”

Muturu scoffed. “Is that supposed to intimidate me?”

“Intimidation is not required for your death.”

Now he frowned. “I see the impudence of mortals has not weeded out over the last era. Perhaps it is time to change that… starting with you.” Mutura’s hand snapped forward toward her, longing to crush the life out of her with his bare hands.

Serilda held her scimitar in a high guard before her face. “Void Step,” she said, speaking the incantation that would grant her speed. She would not be able to cast any more magic for a bit, but right now her magic wasn’t strong enough to fight a creature of this status anyway. Swordplay was her true strong suit, and that was the strength she needed to play to if she wanted to get out of this with her head in tact.

She flew through the sky quickly, her body receiving no resistance from even the air as she rushed to great the great hand that stretched toward her. Twisting her body in the air at the right time, Mutura’s fist clenched down on nothing but emptiness as she bent over the limb. On she sped, lowering the tip of her blade into the demon’s flesh at his wrist and slicing him up to his shoulder in the blink of an eye.

The demon growled loudly in pain and indignation, clutching the wound with his other hand. Purple-ish blood dripped down to the desert ground, and his bright eyes promised her a gruesome demise. “You will pay for that for a long, long time.” He assured her.

“Mythal, you better be alive in there..!” Serilda called out to the orb of sand encircled darkness. She would not be able to beat this thing by herself, and honestly wasn’t sure how much her added speed was going to help her again. Now that he could see what her spell had done, she was sure Mutura would not fall victim to a similar strike as easily.

Words: 3763/3000

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 5th December 2018, 11:07 am

The orb of darkness that had absorbed Mythal stood firm throughout the encounter between the demon and Serilda. Even as she faced down her fears and attacked the otherworldly creature, there was not a single sound or movement from the entrapment spell. It wasn’t until the woman called out to him that anything happened. There was a pulse; an invisible one but one with such force that it caused the ground to shake once. The demon, already preparing to begin his full on assault on Serilda, paused and turned to look at the orb. For a moment, all seemed fine but then… it began to lose its form. The orb’s pristine surface was slowing down and bending inwards, the darkness attack seemingly imploding.

“No…” The demon muttered, his eyes wide as he watched his prison begin to give way. Within moments, the golden sand rings fell to the ground as the pull of the orb faded into nothing. A figure began to appear, starting from his feet and quickly rising up as more of the globe melted away. The last of Mutura’s prison that could be seen was a stream of black ichor as it was sucked up loudly by Mythal.

He swallowed heavily and then groaned, making a disgusted noise. "That was disgustin’. I’ve never tasted anythin’ so gross in my life. Who puts sand in darkness? It’s coarse and irritatin’,” he spat out a wad of sand as a punctuation to his point.

“A Slayer…” The demon growled, now turning his attention fully on Mythal.

"Too bad you ain’t the run of the mill fire demon. That might have actually hurt,” the God Slayer responded, pulling a single grain from the tip of his tongue and flicking it away. The ring on his right hand was glowing a dull blue, the Sky Ring active and allowing him to stay afloat in the air.

“Neither of you are leaving here alive. I will consume your souls!” Mutura hissed, his hand once again snapping out to attack. Rather than grabbing like he attempted with Serilda, he went to punch the man right out of the sky. He hit solidity but rather than him causing pain, suddenly his knuckles felt like they had been blasted. He howled and fell backwards, grabbing at his damage hand.

Mythal hovered there, his right hand armored by the magical gauntlet. Its knuckles were hissing and steaming, having taken damage from the attack as well. But rather than losing the advantage, Mythal forced his body forward. He rammed into the demon, his magic-infused fist leading the way. He slammed his fist into the demon’s chest over and over again, angrily beating the otherworldly creature’s torso into a pulp. He planted himself on the creature’s chest for only a moment before using it as a foundation to leap off of, pushing the demon back in the air. He spun head over tail and then flew upwards, landing another right punch under the creature’s jaw and snapping its head back.

It was stunned; its chest nearly caved in from the physical beating it had just taken. But as Mythal hung suspended in the air, he still had one last trick up his sleeve. The gauntlet on his hand began to melt inwards towards his palm, becoming a single point of origin for the magic. The God Slayer closed his hand around it, his fingers digging in as he furnished and baked the magic within. And then, as it reached its peak, he unleashed it. "Fallen God’s Chaos Blast!” He roared, one of the only spells he had mastered that required an incantation. His middle finger and his thumb met briefly to snap and then the beam of pitch black magic erupted from his hand, swallowing up the demon’s upper torso. It was flung backwards, just as Mythal was as well. Both crashed into opposing walls, with the God Slayer sinking to the ground.

The demon hit the wall and hung there, his arms limply hanging at his sides. The intimidating smoke that made up his lower form had all but faded and the color of his skin had lost a lot of its luster. His body was twitching slightly, a sign that he was alive but only barely. One more solid blow would do the trick.

BoomslangFairy Tail
    3688/3000

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 5th December 2018, 11:09 am

That certainly wasn’t something Serilda had seen every day. Like her words was his cue to stop lazing around, Mythal swallowed the darkness around him, slurping it up like a black smoothie. She stared at him, perplexed, as he groaned about how nasty the magic had tasted and spat out bits of sand. The inkling in her mind was confirmed a moment later as the demon confirmed her suspicions: Mythal was a Slayer wizard.

The Voidwalker didn’t know much about Slayers, outside of the fact that they were exceptionally powerful wizards said to be able to battle on par with the mythological creatures they were associated with. Serilda herself was actually a descendant of one such wizard. It seemed the rumors were true that they could consume the element they were associated with.

Now was not the time for speculation, however. Mythal was alive, but he had made himself known as a threat to the demon. Mutura turned away from Serilda completely, putting all his focus at the Slayer before him. Her partner didn’t hesitate to throw himself back into the attack, as if he were suddenly rejuvenated and back to peak condition. Knowing that she was the weaker of the two of them and in this fight she might only just get in Mythal’s way, Serilda kept her sword at the ready and watched the battle closely, ready to spring into action at the first sign of an opening.

The God Slayer gave Mutura a thorough beating before calling upon one of his own powers. The blast knocked the demon back violently, but it also did so to the castor. Mythal slipped to the ground, but Serilda didn’t have time to think about whether or not he was okay. She needed to do her part first and finish this job, which he had paved the way for her to do. With one final burst of speed before the effects of her previous spell could fade away, the Voidwalker sprang forward and launched herself at the twitching form of the demon. The tip of her blade preceded her, burrowing its way into his ashen flesh through his eye and piercing the brain behind it. With a swift jerk, she twisted the scimitar to inflict maximum.

Gaping, the demon slipped to the ground with dead weight. Given that it was already stunned when she attacked it, Mutura didn’t even have a chance for a dying scream or curse -- something she was sure she’d be thankful for later when she slept.

Assuming she could ever sleep again, after this.

Words: 4192/3000

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 10:06 pm