Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Matters of the Soul

Trinity
    Trinity

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Avatar of Ataxia
    Position : Warlord of Madness
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,234,756

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Physio Manipulation
    Second Magic: Mania
    Third Magic:

Matters of the Soul Empty Matters of the Soul

Post by Trinity 5th January 2022, 5:10 pm

I CREATED THE SOUND OF MADNESS
    WROTE THE BOOK ON PAIN
    SOMEHOW I'M STILL HERE TO EXPLAIN

--- THAT THE DARKEST HOUR NEVER COMES IN THE NIGHT ---
    Today was surely a day that would go down in Rune Knight history as one of the most bizarre and unexpected. The warlord known as Trinity, or Thana to those who knew her real name, was easily the most wanted individual in Fiore, if not all of Ishgar. To call her a terrorist was an understatement. There were warrants for her arrest posted in major cities of nearly every country on the continent, not that they really had helped. Thanks to Thana’s ability to utilize her magic to change her appearance, it was damn near impossible for people to suss her out even if she was standing right there holding a conversation with them.

And that one little trick made it so easy for her to be a menace to society in absolutely horrendous ways. Murder was the least of the crimes she’d gotten away with over the last couple of years, and she had made enemies of not just high profile figures of authority and influence, but also entire guilds. Dies Irae had been among the top of those guilds, and arguably the one she had taken the most pride in. Her little jaunt with the one time guildmaster Sivvy was a sweet memory for the warlord, one that she often thought back to fondly on long, lonely nights.It was a shame that the guild had been disbanded and deemed as a failed experiment by the council, though she was certain that if she ever ran into any former members they would still try to kill her with a prejudice.

Dies Irae wasn’t the only guild that had been disbanded, either. Her own guild Elysium had fallen under not long afterward. Janice had lost her status as a warlord, and shortly after that they had abandoned the town they were creating in Sin and everyone had gone their separate ways. Or at least, they had for the most part. Many members of the guild itself had gone off and formed a new guild called Plumed Serpent, under the leadership of Odhran. Thana had briefly considered going along with it. Odhran wasn’t much to speak of, but his summons were fun. However, the thought of joining another guild sounded dull. Elysium had been a delightful little experiment, but it was time for her to go back to doing her own thing, and chances were that if she ever ran into any of her former guildmates she likely would not spare them any mercy from her whims.

But those were thoughts for another day. Today, she had other plans to occupy her thoughts.

Currently disguised as a Rune Knight, the Avatar of Ataxia strolled through the streets of Era as though heading home from her patrol route. She passed many other Knights along the way, several of whom extended her friendly gestures of greeting such as nods and waves. She would wave back, beyond pleased by the knowledge that they had absolutely no clue who they were truly walking by. With calm purpose in her steps, she made the climb up the hill to the Rune Knight headquarters, strolling through the main door and taking a brief glance around. Spotting a young woman at the main desk, she wandered over and leaned against the counter.

The woman narrowed her eyes at her in annoyance, clearly unimpressed with her casual demeanor. Rolling her eyes slightly, Valorie finished up the call she had taken and hung up the phone. “Yes, what is it, private?” the secretary asked without looking up from the notes she was typing in to her computer.

“I just needed to file an arrest report.”

“What, are you just out of basic training or something? The report room is down the hall to the…”

Valorie’s voice trailed off as her expression melted from irritation to abject horror. Thana’s disguise melted away to reveal her true form, the dark haired woman giving the secretary a little smile. The Warlord was extremely pregnant, not quite at the end of her journey into motherhood but several months along, easily in her third trimester. She smiled and waited patiently to see what Valorie would do, the woman torn between her fight and flight responses. To her credit, it only took the blonde a second or two to find her courage and she quickly reached over in full view of the Warlord and slapped the button that sounded the panic alarm, almost in defiance of the danger Thana presented.

As the alarms went off around her, sending the building into a code red alert, Thana chuckled. “Relax, darling. As pleasing as it would be to feel you writhe beneath me as your breath slowed to a stop, I’m not here to kill anyone today.” Turning with a smirk, she slowly raised her arms and set her eyes on the literal hundreds of Knights that had come rushing into the foyer, weapons drawn and spells at the ready. “Hello, pets. My name is Thana, though most of you probably know me as the Warlord Trinity.”

“And I’m here to turn myself in.”
    deltra of gangnam style
    WORDS: 846 | TAGS: @Mythal Ragnos

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 5,867,155

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Magic: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Magic: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Matters of the Soul Empty Re: Matters of the Soul

Post by Mythal Ragnos 8th January 2022, 10:30 am

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    1363 words || @Trinity || job info/job sign-up || short note here

They weren’t supposed to have a drill today.

Mythal had returned only a short while ago from training in Sin. It had been several months since he’d begun going to the wasteland and utilizing his newfound magic to its fullest abilities. In that timeframe, he’d managed to deepen his connection to Aeron, forging a true friendship that he, himself, wasn’t entirely accustomed to. It was probably because the Darkness King wasn’t used to connecting to anyone and the ones that he had, he’d somehow found himself attracted to. After all, he’d convinced himself that his feelings for Serilda were merely friendly until they weren’t. And there was little denying that he was attracted to Aeron, though that mattered very little to him. Seri was the love of his life and he’d long begun to understand that a person could find someone attractive and not be going against his real connection. It had taken him some time, as out of touch as he had been, but it had solidified.

Still, Aeron hadn’t been around that day. In fact, she really hadn’t been around that much at all lately. It was possible she was out doing something else or off doing a job so that she could get some jewel. Even with the Rune Knights sending her crates of supplies, there were plenty of other things she no doubt needed to get and probably weren’t free. It was possible she was stealing them but Mythal didn’t imagine that she was quite looking to catch any attention or ire. So he’d pushed aside the oddness of it once more and focused on his training. By now, it was merely sharpening skills, both old and new, into deadly combinations. He’d all but mastered the new lacrima inside of him, his senses far more keen and powerful than ever before. And now that he and Lux were of a mutual understanding, he’d even managed to bond with the Lightbringer to make some of his spells even more deadly.

He had taken a quick shower to wash the stink of Sin off of him and when he returned to his private chambers, he found a package had been delivered. Another potential outfit for him to wear for the wedding. Now that things had settled down, at least slightly, Serilda and him had begun to take planning their engagement far more seriously. It was hard to believe that only a few months ago, they had been facing off against literal extraterrestrials millions of lightyears away. An event such as that had a way of changing a person, especially given how quickly Vandrad had nearly died and then disappeared and then Mercury was kidnapped. Time was always moving forward whether a person wanted it to slow down or not and given his adoptive brother’s near-loss of everything he cared about, it had made the two Rune Knights very well aware of how blessed they had been. It also meant that they needed to stop dragging their feet where it mattered.

Sighing, the Darkness King opened the box and looked upon the outfit that was as purple as wine. It was rather regal, which made sense considering he was marrying a royal after all. Frowning, mostly in concern that the outfit wasn’t going to fit him very well, he pulled on all the articles. Black, stripes slacks wrapped themselves tight against his legs, ending at just the right height to show off his dress shoes. A form-fitted purple button up shirt, with a lighter purple vest was pulled over his torso, with a small pauldon over the left shoulder. Amusingly, a cape had been crafted into the back of the vest similar to the red one he used to wear -- no doubt Serilda’s little nod to their history. A pair of black gloves that were far too short were the last bit to be put on, the Rune Knight Director raising an incredulous brow at them. He took a moment to look at himself in the mirror and found… that he didn’t hate it. It was certainly of a higher class than he believed he was worth but it surprisingly looked pretty decent on him. He was eyeing himself in the mirror when Lux materialized behind him.

“Now that is a sharp look on you, Mythal,” the Lightbringer said as he hopped up on the edge of the table. “I knew you could clean up well but even that’s pretty nice for you.”

“I feel like I need somethin’ with a jacket though, bein’ a weddin’ and all,” Mythal commented as he kept looking in the mirror.

“Yeah probably. Maybe Seri is just getting you new stuff for after the wedding. Or maybe she just thought it would look good on you, who knows,” Lux idly remarked as his attention shifted to the window. “So things are linin’ up pretty quickly after all that alien stuff, huh?”

“Seems so.” Now that Vandrad and Mercury were engaged as well, it seemed that two royal weddings were on the docket. Mythal never even thought that he would have to deal with one in his lifetime. “Any progress on that Soul Shard information?”

“Soul stone,” Lux corrected him. “Well, apparently where Quentin used to live isn’t as easy to access anymore. You know Pergrande?”

Oh that was the last thing he wanted to hear. “Unfortunately, yeah.”

“Deep in the northeastern lands of their nation. A bit out of range for me to reach by myself. But unless you got a fancy portal to take you right there…”

He didn’t. And a Rune Knight, a God of Ishgar, roaming onto Pergrande’s land without invitation was going to cause an even bigger issue. Bellum and Pergrande were hanging by a thread and with the supposed peace talks coming up, Mythal couldn’t afford to frivolously go wandering in where he could get spotted and cause an international event. “We’ll figure something out.”

The conversation might have continued from there but that’s when the alarm began blaring. At first he didn’t quite panic; they were due a drill at some point. But then he remembered that they’d scheduled it for the week after. That meant that this wasn’t a drill -- this was a real alarm.

Mythal didn’t even spare a look at Lux before he snapped his hand out and constructed a portal of darkness. Through it he dashed, appearing down in the main hall as quickly as he’d left the upper levels of the building. The hilt of Curse was already in his hand and as his magic flowed into it, Hopebringer had been formed. His eyes adjusted to the change of scenery… and took in the horror before him.

There stood Thana, without disguise and so pregnant that were it anyone else, he would be afraid for her bursting. Her hands were up but she had a smug, almost delighted smile on her face as she looked around at the Rune Knights that had swiftly gathered and surrounded her. Mythal brought up his sword and pointed it directly at Thana’s chest, the tip of the blade only a foot away from her. How easy it would be to just move forward and impale her. Pay her back for all the pain she had caused everywhere, to the pain she had brought to Mercury, to Vandrad…

But that would rob them of answers as well. “Put her in cuffs,” he commanded the closest Knights, keeping Thana on point in case she tried anything.

Lux reappeared beside him. “Well, well, well,” he said with a grin as he looked at the Warlord. “Look who showed up.”

“She says she wants to turn herself in,” Valorie explained as the Rune Knights moved forward to put Thana’s arms in magic-restricting cuffs.

Turn herself in? No, it wasn’t as easy as that. Things never were with Thana. There was some game she was trying to get at here, some manipulation she was utilizing. And he fully intended to find out. “Bring her down to the dungeon. I’ll question her myself.” He lowered his blade but took a step forward, his eyes burning with contempt. “And she better hope I like the answers.”

STATISTICS
    HP: x/y
    MP: x/y
    Spells Used: list them here
    Abilities Active: list them and their effects here
    Weapons Equipped: list/link them here
    Monsters Killed: list here
    Other Notes: reeeeeee this should scroll if you type too much
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Trinity
    Trinity

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Trinity 27th January 2022, 2:05 pm

WROTE THE BOOK ON PAIN

The looks on the faces of all the Knights gathered around her was exceptionally amusing. The moment she informed them that she was turning herself in, the entire crowd practically froze in confusion, unable to process or accept her words. Most of them were looking at her like they expected the other shoe to drop, for her to slink into a ravenous blood frenzy and start a massacre right then and there. As tempting as the idea was, Thana merely stood there and patiently waited for someone to step forward and take her into custody.

She wouldn’t have to wait long as mere moments after the receptionist sounded the alarm, a gateway of dark energy opened up and out came Mythal dressed in a rather dashing suit. Her dark brows rose in consideration as she gave him a slow once over, making no effort to hide the trail of her wandering eyes along his body even as he held her at sword point. She knew he wanted nothing more than to kill her, and the smug smile on her face as her eyes met his betrayed that she knew he wouldn’t follow through with it.

The dark haired woman might have said something, but out of thin air materialized yet another face. Thana’s gaze lit up with an excitement that was somehow both innocent and disturbing, her smile widening to show the whites of her teeth. “Well, hello there handsome,” she practically purred as she allowed the Knights to approach her and clasp her in magic binding cuffs. “Did you miss me as much as I missed you?”

Once she was fully secured, Mythal instructed the officers to bring her down to a holding cell where he would question her personally. The director pulled his weapon back but only to loom over her with hatred as he insisted that he better be satisfied with the answers she gave to his questions. Thana giggled softly, not in the least bit intimidated by his imposing stance over her as she gently bit her lower lip and looked up at him. “I promise you won’t.”

A brief pause followed her sickly sweet reply, and as the Knights attempted to whisk her away she stood her ground for only a moment. “Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, I imagine that your commanding officer first wishes to relieve me of a certain magical artifact.” Thana tilted her head to the side, drawing attention to the distinctive necklace around her neck, the purple crystal just barely poking out from the collar of her top: Darius. Presuming that Mythal would collect the jewel, she then allowed herself to be guided out of the foyer and toward the dungeon.

Not long after that she found herself contained in one of the high security holding cells, shielded behind a diamond shaped wall of impenetrable blue energy. Once she was secured inside, the bindings dissolved from her wrists and disappeared, giving her freedom of movement once more, though the barrier itself was continuing to cut her off from her magic. Rubbing her wrists only slightly, she slowly paced along the edges of the confined space with a curious expression, running her hands along the walls and taking in what was sure to be her home for the foreseeable future. “I see you’ve done quite well for yourself since we last saw one another… director.”

She gave him another knowing little smile. “A promotion, an appointment as a God of Ishgar, an engagement, two lovely new daughters… You know, I’ve been looking for some play mates for my own little one. I bet our girls would get along just grand, don’t you?” Thana absentmindedly rubbed her swollen abdomen. Then, with some noticeable effort, she carefully and slowly eased herself onto the cot, the cell’s only furnishing. Once she was situated, the Warlord gave a soft sigh at the relief of the pressure on her feet and wiggled a little to make herself more comfortable. “Now then. Where would you like to start?"
    deltra of gangnam style
    WORDS: 673/1519 | TAGS: @Mythal Ragnos

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 27th January 2022, 7:02 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    559/1922 words || @Trinity || job info/job sign-up || short note here

“Oh yeah, totally missed you, babe,” Lux replied to Thana’s comment, giving her a slight upwards nod and a smirk. His joy was shut down immediately by a dark look from Mythal, the first demeaning glare that the Lightbringer had earned in quite some time. The root of their biggest issue, that had resulted in Lux disappearing for months on end, had stemmed from their first interaction with Thana. It was little surprise that the psychopath would put a bad taste in the Director’s mouth.

He made his intentions known but before she allowed herself to be dragged off, she insisted that Mythal would most likely want to retrieve something from her person. She shifted her head slightly to the side and the sight of the necklace against her flesh caused Mythal’s eyes to narrow further. He reached out and pulled the necklace off violently, glancing down at the gemstone embedded on its end. Then with a nod to the Rune Knights, he followed behind as they brought Thana down into the prison below. He hadn’t expected her to resist -- she had some kind of motive for being there and it wasn’t just to pretend she was being arrested and then breaking free. Her scheme had to be deeper than that but that didn’t keep him from trailing behind, just in case, acting as a constant reminder that one wrong move would result in her immediate termination. And he’d make sure of it this time.

The cell opened up and closed within moments, locking her inside and robbing her of her magic. She looked less than bothered by it, simply trailing her hand along the magical barrier and staring back at him. She remarked about his position in life, calling him by his official title before running down the list of things that had ‘gone his way’ lately. His promotion, his role as a God of Ishgar, along with his growing family life. She was trying to needle him with things to spark some kind of reaction but he refused to give it to her. He stood stoic outside the cell, the sword planted against the ground as he watched the wanted woman ease herself onto the cot. After getting herself comfortable, she opened the floor to him, wondering where he’d like her to begin her explanations.

“At the beginnin’,” Mythal responded as he dismissed Hopebringer, the magical energy fading away and leaving just the hilt. “Yer the Avatar of Ataxia, a psychopathic bitch and a murderer. But Aeron has hinted that there’s more to your story than everythin’ I’ve heard so far. So let’s hear it.”

“Cutting right to the chase, huh?” Lux responded, reappearing beside Mythal and crossing his arms. “Not the accommodations I would have given her but I don’t get a vote, do I?”

“No, you don’t. You’d pro’lly want her runnin’ free, continuin’ to do what she likes to do,” the Director remarked, barely turning his head to look towards the Lightbringer.

Lux shrugged. “I appreciate an artist when I see one, what can I say?” he said with a smirk, giving Thana a wink and a grin.

The Slayer ignored it. “Well, go on then,” he said, gesturing towards Thana. “And then we can get to why yer here and surrenderin’ yerself. I imagine you’ve got a colorful explanation for that as well.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Trinity
    Trinity

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Trinity 8th February 2022, 7:04 pm

WROTE THE BOOK ON PAIN

An Avatar of Ataxia,” Thana corrected him as she got comfortable where she sat, basking in the glow of the accusations he had thrown at her that she took as compliments. “There have been multiple of us over the millennia, and there are many more of us wandering the Earth at any given time. I just happen to be the most… prolific… in this modern age.”

Lux reappeared then, remarking about Thana’s prison space and how he would have given her something much more accommodating. The villainess smiled almost sweetly at the Seal as the two men bickered until Mythal finally insisted that she get to her backstory so they could move on to the reason she had turned herself in. Turning her amber gaze to the director she tilted her head and smirked lightly. “You already know my story. You heard it from both Aeron and Darius… but very well. Like many other magicless children in Bellum, I was sold into slavery by my parents, who would rather have pawned me off for cheap coin than allow their reputations to be sullied by rearing a non-mage.”

Thana shrugged, earnestly appearing to not be very bothered by that fact. “Fortunately, I did have magical abilities, they were just not ones that could be easily detected and they came in quite handy for surviving against Calahan’s little monsters. As I feasted and began to take on the body parts and magical abilities of the creatures he attempted to feed me to, I became quite popular with the crowds that regularly attended his pit fights. I made him a lot of money, in fact. It was a delightful life, really. My first taste of stardom and violence.” She gave a soft, wistful sigh. “But I can only do one thing for so long before it gets boring and I have to shake things up a bit, so I escaped. Calahan has been chasing me ever since, though he hasn’t made a play in some time. He always was a smart man. That, and I imagine even he can’t offer his men enough monetary incentive to pit themselves against a warlord.”

She chuckled lightly at the thought. “Anyway… I’ve merely been traveling ever since, taking on the odd job here and there as the desire struck me. I even experimented with joining a guild for a bit, just to see how I liked it. Elysium was a fun experience and I respected and liked Janet very much. Attacking Fairy Tail and meeting your brother was an extra treat, as well. I’m sure he will be eager to hear that you have me incarcerated. But guild life truly isn’t for me, and after Elysium disbanded I chose to part ways with its members, even though most of them still stuck together to form a new guild under Odhran’s leadership with Plumed Serpent.”

“Anyway… that’s my ‘sob’ story in a nutshell. As for why I turned myself in, the answer is simple: destiny.” It seemed an odd admission for one such as herself, but it was true nonetheless. “I believe in a higher power, and Ataxia’s calling for me demands that I submit myself to your mercy… for now, at least.” Thana shot him another knowing smirk before continuing. “And your destiny is to save poor lonely little Aeron. She has quite a crush on you, you know. I’d call it adorable if it weren’t so cliche; her knight in shining armor, praying and hoping that you will swoop in on your gallant steed and slay the dragon that has kept her trapped all her life. Unfortunately for her, her request for you to kill me is a lot more complicated than she is willing to accept… though very soon, she will have no choice. The truth will break her and you’re the one that will drive the nail into the coffin…”

“...once you find her, that is.”
    deltra of gangnam style
    WORDS: 653/2172 | TAGS: @Mythal Ragnos

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 12th February 2022, 4:17 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    915/2837 words || @Trinity || job info/job sign-up || short note here

Thana was quick to correct Mythal, stating that she was merely ‘an’ Avatar of Ataxia, thereby confirming that she hadn’t been the sole embodiment of that title. She continued, explaining that there had been a fair number of different avatars over the years and, in fact, there were multiple often at the same time. It was just because of Thana’s antics that had drawn the attention and focus of Mythal and several others. The Director stored that bit of information away, even as Lux made his inappropriate return and tried to show himself off to his little murdercrush. When he finally managed to state what he wanted from the Warlord, she seemed almost disinterested, unimpressed even. She said that Aeron and Darius had already told him most of her backstory but before Mythal could speak on it, she agreed to his request.

Of course, a lot of her story was something he had heard before. But it was something else to hear it from the source -- to listen in as her words, slightly different, showcased her own feelings and appreciations for her past. Because at the end of the day, she wasn’t bothered by where she had come from. In fact, she viewed it as delightful; giving her a chance to grow her magical abilities and partake in the violent popularity that came from her enslavement. Eventually, her own boredom over her continuous life forced her to break free, with her former master giving chase. The name Callahan didn’t register any familiarity, at least in a criminal record sense, but Aeron had mentioned it before, when she had opened up about her past. He’d put out some feelers to try and track down the man but no doubt it was some kind of criminal alias.

After her escape, she had just wandered through the world, taking jobs when the impulse struck and doing whatever she felt like. She’d joined Elysium merely out of experimentation, by the sounds of things, truly enjoying Janet’s approach and getting the opportunity to sow some carnage in Magnolia. She remarked about getting the chance to meet Vandrad and how happy he would be to hear about her imprisonment. After the dark guild had disbanded, she had opted to continue onward without the ‘restrictions’ of guild life, not partaking in the experiment that was Plumed Serpent.

Darius had been right; Thana didn’t view it as a dark and twisted upbringing. If anything, she seemed rather emancipated by the actions she had to take control back in her life. She was certainly proud of it. But it seemed that her reasoning for coming there and offering herself up for incarceration had been due to ‘destiny’ as she put it. She believed in Ataxia’s guidance and it was through that faith that she understood she had to turn herself in for the moment. And it was due to the misguided sense of belief that she also felt it was Mythal’s destiny to save Aeron. Thana confirmed that Aeron had a crush on the Rune Knight, believing him her savior against the oppressive force that had held her hostage all of her life. But as the Warlord put it, the request to put Thana down for good was far more complicated than it looked on face value. Thana believed that there was an underlying truth that would shatter Aeron’s beliefs and sensibilities and that Mythal would be the one reveal said truth, once he was able to locate her.

It was a hanging thread, intentionally strewn with sinister intent to make him think the worst. She’d pulled off such antics before in their first meeting, when she had taken on the form of Serilda and mocked him in his future wife’s image. It had gotten under his skin; enough so that he’d held back very little of his power and gone all out to try and kill her. But now that he understood that she thrived off the chaos she sewed, he was able to temper his feelings over the matter. Though he couldn’t take full credit for that control -- he was more focused on all the information that he was hearing in the moment and what had been told to him months ago by Darius and Aeron.

“Darius, nice to see ya again,” he said, his focus on Thana still even as he spoke to the archmage inside the jewel. “I’m gonna assume that this is the moment you were talkin’ about before.” He’d told Mythal that there would come a time when Mythal could strike Thana down but would need to find control, for the sake of saving more than one life. It had been as unclear as any riddle an oracle would give but now that the pieces were starting to develop, the picture was becoming more clear. The fact was, Mythal had asked Thana to tell her story so that he could pay attention to the details, to pick up on the narrative as she spoke it. And it was remarkably, undeniably, similar to Aeron’s. Aeron had told him that Thana and her had come from similar backgrounds but it was almost too similar. In a world of unique and individual circumstances, fate rarely aligned the same star in such a manner.

“I only got once question for ya, Darius,” he said, casting a glance back to Lux before turning his attention back to Thana. “Are Aeron and Thana the same person? Or rather... are they in the same body?”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Trinity
    Trinity

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Trinity 12th February 2022, 5:54 pm

WROTE THE BOOK ON PAIN

The wheels were starting to turn, and Thana didn’t need Darius to tell her that Mythal was starting to put some of the pieces together. She knew that the director was a smart man, and there were just far too many coincidences between her and Aeron’s existences for there to be no suspicion. Their backgrounds, their magic, the fact that Aeron had complained about how she could never get rid of her more sociopathic counterpart, no matter how hard she tried. Yet there were still enough differences and discrepancies to be cause for doubt, and it was that thin line that Thana loved to tease and play with.

Mythal, however, was resisting the urge to lose his temper on her – a vast improvement from his behavior the first time they met. He met her gaze with level control even as she smiled at him with a look that was a disturbing mixture of sweet and smug. Rather than address her directly, though, he instead greeted Darius, stating his assumption that this moment was the one that Darius had warned him of. It seemed that Mythal had only one question for the omniscient soul, and that question was seeking confirmation that Thana and Aeron were the same person. Or at least, two souls trapped within the same body. It was a fairly simple and straightforward question, one that Darius could more than easily answer and not just because of his vast wealth of knowledge, but because he had spent a significant amount of time around them both.

And yet, the ancient wizard was dead silent.

The light glow of his presence simmered within the violet crystal to indicate that the former founding member of the Dread Masters was still quite alive within the jewel, yet he did not answer Mythal’s question. There was a long pause before Thana began to giggle softly. “I’m afraid he won’t be able to answer your questions until I allow him to. Or did you really think I would let you take Darius only to let him spoil all the fun?” she asked the director, her smirk deepening.

“You hold far more in your hand than you understand, my dear Mythal. Darius is not just an extremely powerful archmage; he was one of the most powerful archmages to ever live. He was a powerful ally to Marka. Without him, the Dread Masters would have never been able to craft and master magic capable of destroying immortals and stealing their abilities. Divorcing his soul from his body and transferring it to an everlasting crystal alone is a feat enough that very wizards in the entire history of Earthland and mankind can boast having such power. But Darius, there… he did the unimaginable. The impossible. And unfortunately for him, his greatest accomplishment is also what allows me to control him in ways he could not predict, ways that no one else ever could. After all… what kind of Avatar of Ataxia would I be if I could not control a shard of her power?”

Darius had not fused himself to any mere crystal; he had fused himself to an Ataxian shard, a shard that Aeron and Thana had been carrying with them all this time, which Mythal now held in his hand. Which shard he had assimilated himself to was, at least of this moment, a mystery but it was still a profound and potentially terrifying revelation, and by the smile on Thana’s face she knew as much. “So you see, he will speak to you when I determine that it is time for him to speak. In the meantime, you’ll have to content yourself with playing my games just a little bit longer.”

Turning away from Mythal, she gave Lux a flirty wink before laying back on the bed and making herself comfortable. “You are not the only one who wants or deserves answers, Mythal darling. So I’m going to need you to do me a couple of favors. The first is that you’re going to need to find an individual whom I have no doubt is already on your list: a certain vigilante that has been taking justice into his own hands in the Neutral Grounds, killing a number of petty criminals over equally petty crimes. His name is Nathaniel Stratford, a former member of Dies Irae and the father of my darling daughter.”

She caressed her swollen abdomen affectionately, a dark chuckle escaping her lips. “The poor man is consumed by guilt and hatred. He lost everything he ever cared about, cannot keep track of the woman he loves, the woman he cheated on with me… and as he came to find out far too late, I am the one who beat, raped, and almost killed his mentor. Find him and bring him here, if you wouldn’t mind. The other favor is this: I would like to speak to Vandrad. He has no part in all of this, but I do have a message for him and I would like to deliver it personally.” And with that, she slipped an arm cozily beneath her head and closed her eyes to start drifting off to sleep.
    deltra of gangnam style
    WORDS: 861/3033 | TAGS: @Mythal Ragnos

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Traveller of the Multiverse
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 2,122,106

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Energy Monarch
    Second Magic: Ark of the Dread Masters
    Third Magic:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 14th May 2022, 4:31 pm

There’s no fair or unfair in battle.
    ( There is only victory or in your case, defeat. )
    Matters of the Soul RJtajUnz_o

For a brief moment in time, there was silence. And then a raucous explosion rocked the entirety of the island. Birds took to the skys, squawking in defiance at the destructive interruption of their peaceful sanctuary. The thick, tall trees that practically filled the entirety of the island swayed away from the magical shockwaves, while those that had been caught at ground zero were vaporized instantly. And from the dome of magical power came a streaking form, dashing into the woods once more. As it moved, it took on a material form, becoming that of the former Bellum prince, Vandrad. His magical aura burned bright around him, the billowing flame of crimson enveloping his entire form. His hair was of the same vibrant red, as well as his eyes that stared at the site of the detonation. A moment later, another form came screeching past the tree trunks; that of Scourge, the former Dread Master. He, too, was Empowered by the Crimson level, smirking as his hand waved forward and prepared to unleash another wave of destructive magic.

Vandrad came to a sudden halt, dropping quickly and hard into the ground as his heels buried into the soil. The brake bought him just enough time to pull his arm back and thrust it forward into the surprised Scourge, who hadn’t been prepared for the former prince to come to such a stop. Vandrad’s fist hit the former Dread Master’s stomach with considerable force and a moment later, a blast of magic erupted from Scourge’s back, its origin from the other man’s fist. It caused Scourge to gasp and exclaim in pain briefly before Vandrad followed up the heavy hit with another punch, a haymaker to Scourge’s face and knocking him away. But his focus wasn’t on the former Dread Master; his gaze turned away from him and towards another figure; a magical clone of himself. It was several yards away and it had been priming a beam of magical energy within its caged hands. The blast erupted with a sudden thoom, ripping across the land at a frenzied and dangerous pace.

Yet the former prince did not make a move to dodge. Narrowing his eyes, Vandrad extended a single hand, splaying his fingers as he searched deep within the magic. The beam bore down on him, becoming the only thing within his vision as it vaporized tree and ground alike. It was in the moments before it hit him that he found it; the thing he was looking for. His hands closed and from the minute movement materialized a handle, wrapped in thick brown leather. The entirety of the weapon was born out of the origin point, extending out until the full length of the warhammer appeared. The purple crystal head shone bright with infernal magic as Vandrad thrust it forward, slamming the head of the weapon into the beam. The magical attack came to a standstill as it pressed against the hammer, roaring in defiance as its energy was somehow matched. Gritting his teeth, Vandrad pulled back on the hammer slightly, enough to give himself room so that when he thrust it forward again, he could put more force. With that movement, he was able to force the magical attack back in the direction it had come. His clone could only stand there as it was overwhelmed by its own magical wave, the shadow of its being highlighted against the magnificence before vaporizing within its core. The beam itself curled up into the sky, ripping through the layer of clouds before fading out into the upper atmosphere.

Vandrad let out a shaky breath as he fell to a single knee, the warhammer still held within his grip. Behind him, the leaves rustled and Scourge approached him, still Empowered. “Well that was impressive. Your ability to search the Ark has improved immensely. That right there is Hades’ Gavel, the warhammer of a demon lord called Hades, obviously. It was one of the original weapons the Dread Masters used to found their collection -- the damn thing had been abandoned in a dungeon after some Midian warriors killed the master.”

Vandrad glanced at the weapon, looking it up and down before finally turning his gaze to Scourge. "It feels… awful,” he said slowly.

“Well it’s made of demonic magic so that’s no surprise. Up until now, you’ve only used weapons that Marka himself crafted; the mark and the scythe. Dreadether is practically in your blood so that isn’t going to feel wrong, despite its toxic, destructive nature. Demonic energy is a bit different though.”

Vandrad nodded softly before he released the hammer. As it fell towards the ground, it began to evaporate into particles of dreadether, completely fading out of existence before it could hit the earth. Letting out another slow breath, Vandrad pushed himself to his feet. "So you can manipulate your Energy Monarch to create a matching Empowerment to me?”

Scourge grinned with amused pride. “Why of course. Anything you can do, I can do and probably better. Your highest grade, the one you had reached before Sabine’s unfortunate assassination attempt, is on par with my Rose grade. I crafted it after seeing yours afterall. But I could take on the same color scheme as well, if I so chose.”

"So you chose pink.”

“Don’t tell me you’re one of those toxic men that think pink is unbecoming for a man to wear or assume. I happen to think it looks quite marvelous on me,” Scourge admitted.

Vandrad scoffed. "Not at all. It’s just quite eye-catching. Hardly allows you the ability to move without notice.”

“Well I just don’t use Empowerment in that case.” With a quiet release of breath, the former Dread Master released his Empowerment, returning to his base form. Studying Vandrad’s features for a moment, Scourge chuckled. “I imagine you are quite frustrated that you aren’t able to regain your former form. You will, with time and patience, one of which I know isn’t your favorite.”

Vandrad shot him a look, a silent one of chastisement. But alas, even he couldn’t deny that impatience was one of his faulty traits. He released his own Empowerment, his hair returning to his black color once more.

“But you are stronger. I was not lying during our original battle; your magical strength has grown and leapt exponentially since your return from your little adventure offworld. Though you may not have that blue form yet, your Crimson grade is as strong if not stronger than its previous interaction. A large part of that has come from your training with me, if I may allow myself a moment to brag. Your understanding of Energy Monarch has deepened, now that you have someone that can use it mirroring you and showing you shortcuts and other advantages. And your knowledge on the Ark will only grow in time as well.”

It hadn’t been an ideal offer or situation for Vandrad and there were moments that he regretted it -- especially when Scourge felt the need to ‘brag’. The former Dread Master had approached him, a few months after their destruction of the rest of his order, with the offer to help him grow in strength and understanding of both his magics. The former prince’s stubborn nature had nearly won out but even he had to admit that he could benefit from Scourge’s knowledge. The only caveat he had attached to his agreement was that Mercury not be part of the training, if only because he didn’t want her distracting Scourge.

The benefits were obvious. Scourge knew the Ark and Energy Monarch better than Vandrad, due to his resources brought upon him from his upbringing in the Dread Masters. And he had a keen eye for how to train Vandrad appropriately. As much as he hated to admit it, Scourge had helped him grow as a warrior in a short amount of time -- not that he’d ever say such a thing out loud. He snorted. "My growth would have come at the same pace, despite your assistance or not,” he stated, crossing his arms over his chest.

Scourge chuckled once more. “Obstinate as ever. Your attitude of ambivalence is quite charming in its own special way. No wonder Mercury agreed to marry you, even if you’ve done away with the facial hair.” Vandrad reached up and rubbed his hand over his jaw, the thick beard he’d sported gone after several weeks of putting up with it. “Maybe I’ll grow my own beard and see if she wants to spend more time with me instead.”

In spite of himself, Vandrad couldn’t help but smirk. "Say what you want, Scourge, but don’t underestimate that woman. You speak high and mighty but you might be surprised at how well she can shake your world.”

Scourge’s brows raised. “My, my, how tantalizing. Consider my curiosity erect.” Knowing that was about as far as he could push his luck in that territory, Scourge pivoted the conversation. “The end goal of this training is to help you use the Caliban form. With proper training, it could prove even stronger than your Empowerments. But that will take an extraordinary amount of time so it’s better to focus on accessing the weapons and armors of the Ark first.”

Vandrad nodded. He was just about to speak when his communicator pinged, letting him know he’d received a message. Frowning, he pressed a button on the wrist device and brought up a glowing, holographic menu. As he read the words printed before him, his features tightened.

“Something to be concerned about?”

"It’s Mythal. He needs me to come to the Rune Knight headquarters. It’s about that woman, Thana.”

Scourge raised a single brow. “A lead on her whereabouts, perhaps?”

"No,” Vandrad said coldly, anger bubbling up from his core. "He has her. She apparently wants to speak to me.”

Words: 1643 | Tag: @Mythal Ragnos, @Trinity, @Nathaniel Stratford | © marzia at shine & gs.

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 21st May 2022, 4:57 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    660/3497 words || @Trinity @Nathaniel Stratford || job info/job sign-up || short note here

The Neutral Grounds was a place that Mythal had only visited once before, a very long time ago. He’d heard about a free device and journeyed all the way over to acquire it, much to his chagrin. Granted, back then, doing anything caused him annoyance. He really should have been happy -- the magic that tied him to Faera had been cut off by the unique lack of ethernano in the Neutral Grounds and for several minutes, he’d actually felt relatively normal.

Now he was back and frankly not having his magic was more of a pain than an advantage. Nathaniel Stratford had made the city his killing grounds, unceremoniously ending the life of each and every person that broke the law. Little surprise that a former member of Dies Irae was taking the law into their hands without following the proper channels. And normally, Mythal may have secretly considered his actions a godsend but the problem was that Nathanial is indiscriminate in his goal or targeting people. The difference between murder and petty thieft was lacking and the former legal mage struck down any that dared go against the established law.

He wasn’t a hero, that much was for sure. Misguided perhaps but he’d taken several lives at this point that he may as well be considered a mass murderer. Mythal shuddered to think of the poor souls who had grabbed food out of sheer desperation to survive and found their lives swiftly ended on the blade of a vigilante. He needed to be stopped and that was before the complicated matter of bringing him to see Thana.

The woman had laid several jaw dropping facts in a short amount of time and there really was no narrowing down what was more important or shocking. The fact that Darius was a former member of the Dread Masters and had bound his soul to an Ataxian shard was just as groundbreaking as the fact that Thana’s child’s father was the former Dies Irae vigilante he was hunting. It was all too complex and, frankly, bullshit to comprehend. It was a game and Thana was making all the rules, forcing all the action and pawns to move to her whims. The only way to ‘win’ was to refuse to play but there was no telling what lives would be destroyed by that. After all, Nathaniel’s actions in Neutral Grounds were directly Thana’s responsibility. She’d inserted herself in his life, putting herself between the woman that Nathaniel supposedly loved and the man and the result was a baby. Worse over was the fact that Thana had been the one that had abused the former Dies Irae member’s mentor.

Mythal supposed mass murdering lawbreakers was, ironically, the best outcome for that kind of mental and emotional break. Nonetheless, he had to stop it. The problem was that no one really knew where Nathaniel was. Anyone that saw him usually wound up dead. There was a level of fear that seemed to resonate in his name; the presence of his actions weighing down on the people of the city. Where there had once been respect and adoration was now terror. So if he couldn’t have someone point the finger, then it seemed Mythal would have to take matters into his own hands.

Luckily he never wore his uniform, his usual garb more homely than his position truly was. That made for a very convincing play when he dashed into a store, grabbed several items off the shelf and ran out, the store clerk yelling after him. The Rune Knight Director took off down an alleyway, putting plenty of distance between himself and the store he’d just robbed. After several minutes, he slowed to a stop in a small open area between the buildings; a crossroads of alleyways. With a sigh of relief, he knelt down at the wall nearest him and unloaded his treasure, taking inventory of what he’d managed to snatch without really looking.

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Nathaniel Stratford
    Nathaniel Stratford

Player 
    Lineage : Curse of the White Witch
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Experience : 17,849

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Inquisition
    Second Magic: Cheesecake
    Third Magic:

Post by Nathaniel Stratford 4th June 2022, 10:40 pm

Some time has passed since Trinity had visited Nat in the Neutral Grounds. The moment of clarity he had experienced in her presence had to be cut short due to the rude interruption of an entire gang that wanted him dead. Since then, he had been on the case day and night in order to eliminate this gang. He considers this to be his final act before he would run off to Hargeon because not only would he be dealing them a literally lethal blow, he'd be taking all their assets in order to leave town.

However, thigs aren't going as smoothly as planned. Not every member of his target organization knew the location of the next member crucial to his operation. Despite this, he was able to rack up some jewels that was more than enough to pay for everyday life, and for a way out of town.

Indeed, things are starting to look up for Nat, despite the little speed bump of finding every single gang member taking longer than anticipated. For the first time since forever, he had found a purpose again. Why he does the things he does. But he believed that he was not above the crusade he had set out to do. This mistaken humility he sees in himself would continue the public to view him as something to be feared as recently this morning, he had offed a mugger again, sent the head rolling down an inclined road.

Such an act made him feel good about himself, and felt he needed to continue this streak of "good deeds". Nat decided he should take a stroll today and witness how little by little, the people of the Grounds have been following the law. Except for one person...

A citizen suddenly bolted out of a store in front of him. Nat was taken aback by shock and disbelief. Someone still had tried to do crime in these streets, even a small petty one. With a sigh, Nat had taken it upon himself as the deliverer of justice for the Neutral Grounds to see this man dead. Or just turned over. He was feeling pretty generous today.

Nat casually followed behind the man, seeing where he would turn and fortunately it was through the alleys he knew like the palm of his hand. From his bag, he pulled out his hooded cloak and wore it over his clothes and his sword right after and lurked in the shadows. From there, as the man was going through his loot, he called out to him "You know he you shouldn't be stealing." and threw his chained blade at the man's shoulder, recalling it back immediately as soon as it hit anything. "However I'm feeling generous today, so why don't you leave those behind and run. Or I kill you." he continued as he stepped out from behind the darkness, blade at the ready on his side in case the man made any funny movements.

WC: 496
    Nat: 496
    Thread: 3,993
    @Mythal Ragnos @Trinity

Matters of the Soul Nat_siggy
    Exp to next rank:

#DDB649
    Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 6th June 2022, 5:32 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    529/4026 words || @Trinity @Nathaniel Stratford || job info/job sign-up || short note here

Mythal was lacking in his ability to use magic but that didn’t mean his senses weren’t still above that of a normal human being. He would be able to smell whoever approached him far before they were upon him, given his innate Slayer abilities. And he wasn’t very surprised when, as he made his way down the alleyways and away from the bustling outcrops of people and stores, a singular scent trailed after him. Of course he played the part of not noticing it, fully committed to being the hapless thief until the last possible moment. It was a flashback to his days before the Rune Knights, before Fairy Tail… the Slayer had stolen quite a number of things to survive during his years on the road. It wasn’t exactly a pleasant memory but one that served even now.

He was crouched over his treasure as the smell got closer. He continued to act as if he wasn’t acutely aware of the approaching man until a voice cut through the darkness. It informed him that he shouldn’t be stealing and Mythal froze just long enough to reach to his belt and grab the katana he’d stashed there. In one fluid motion, he turned, bringing the blade out from the hilt and bringing it directly in line with the approaching chained blade, knocking it aside. Glowing lights within the steel flickered aggressively from the impact but returned to a stable blue as the Rune Knight Director used the turn to get to his feet. He stared into the darkness as Nathaniel Stratford emerged from the shadows, stating that he was feeling generous and was willing to let Mythal leave if he forgot what he’d stolen.

The Slayer idly glanced over his shoulder at the minimal effects. “Ya know…” he started, as he held the katana away from his body but still rather casually, almost unguarded. “Even for a cheap ploy that I arranged with the store owner, I was hopin’ to grab at least a few interestin’ things. Toothpaste and medicine ain’t exactly at the top of my list.” With a disgruntled sigh, he turned his gaze back to Nat. “I’ve only been to the Neutral Grounds once, years ago. I actually liked the feelin’ at the time -- not feelin’ the stupid cursed magic I had. I almost felt normal. But knowin’ I had to come back here, I realized I couldn’t exactly come unprepared. I rely on a lot of magic, even a magic sword, so I was kinda comin’ into this without much benefit, ya know? You been huntin’ here for some time now so ya know the area and the layout better than I do. Luckily the Engineerin’ department had a few toys ready to craft for me to use.” He twisted the katana slightly, a move that stated that the weapon was one such creation.

“Nathaniel Stratford,” he said, identifying the man. “Name’s Mythal Ragnos -- Rune Knight. I’m gonna need you to put your weapon down and surrender peacefully. Your days of senseless murder are over. I don’t want to make this any more difficult than it already is. So be smart and drop the sword.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Current date/time is 26th June 2022, 10:02 am