Name: Althea Eventide
True Name: Kuylrue
Age: 19 years
Birthday: December 18th
• As a full-fledged aetherial spirit, something adjacent to the summons of a celestial spirit mage, Althea casts magic with exclusively aethernano. Additionally, her spiritual nature means she doesn’t need to eat, sleep, etc. However, she may still do so if she wishes.
• Althea cannot be “summoned,” but she may still form binding contracts with mages or non-mages, the exact terms of which may vary. But whatever the deal, Althea is magically bound to complete her side of the agreement.
• (These characteristics are for aesthetic/plot. They have no impact on any site mechanics, magic, or stats.)
aloof, callous, driven
Those who knew Althea from her former years as an energetic, happy-go-lucky young girl would likely be surprised by her current personality. In the past, she was excited by even the most mundane activities. But now, it’s unlikely to see her displaying any emotion other than dull indifference. Oftentimes, she still feels the same enthusiasm underneath the surface, but the levels at which she openly displays emotions have lowered dramatically. After residing in the land of aetherial spirits, the Aetherial Wastes, for a prolonged time, Althea responded by adopting a more closed-off and subdued demeanor. And in that mundane, lonely world where she had nothing but her thoughts for company, there wasn’t much to be happy about in the first place. The only purely positive change for her was the erasure of her at times indiscriminate love for suffering and gore. Due to the direct link she established with the Aetherial Wastes after being forcibly reverse summoned, she has enough aethernano to no longer be slowly driven mad.
Nowadays, Althea places little to no value on any forms of sentimentality, adopting an even more harsh, utilitarian approach than before. Additionally, she lacks any form of moral code, and she’d do whatever it takes to fulfill her self-interests. She is and always has been very single-minded, and she’d be willing to forsake relationships and pride for the sake of a single goal. To Althea, that level of selfishness and hyper-fixation is only natural; everyone’s main priority should always be their safety and desires. However, with the majority of her life having been spent in the wilderness or a wasteland, Althea is extremely unskilled in any social setting. She lacks compassion, fails to pick up on social cues, and is incapable of reading the room. The spirit just says what she’s thinking without much regard to those around her, and will at times take their words literally.
The battlefield is where Althea feels most in her element, its straightforward nature proving to be much easier for her than any interaction with another person. All she has to do is respond to her opponent’s action in a back-and-forth struggle for victory, and she’d do anything to win. When put under the jurisdiction of a leader, however, Althea has no qualms about working amongst others. Unless they give her a good reason to think so, running around on her own would be a much less effective solution than simply utilizing teamwork. And when she’s in a position to issue orders herself, Althea would coordinate the same way she fights. Her plans always boil down to going straight for the throat, mercilessly stomping out any hope for recovery, and immediately discarding any weak links in the operation.
• Combat | As she returns to Earthland, a dimension full of variety and life, Althea is once again able to pit herself against others. Whether it be a fight for survival or just a fun spar, she enjoys measuring her and her opponent’s fighting prowess.
• Naps | Althea doesn’t need to sleep… but it’s nice to take breaks sometimes.
• Nature | As someone who grew up on the mountainside, Althea has grown to appreciate the natural beauty of the outdoors even more after her time in the Wastes.
• Mundanity | Waking up and doing the same tiresome schedule every day is something Althea already has too much experience with.
• Weakness | Althea resents anyone or anything that can’t take care of themselves. She doesn’t consider the safety of others to be her responsibility and would be quick to discard any burdens if it came down to it.
• Curiosity | Why do some people feel the need to ask so many questions? Either way, Althea isn’t keen on giving them too many answers.
• Contractors | The only thing stopping Althea from returning to the Aetherial Wastes is non-aethernano magic power. Seeing as she no longer produces ethernano herself, the spirit must rely on alternative magic sources and contracts to remain in this dimension. Even in a contract that provides no magic power, the magic-based “connection” it forms between Althea and Earthland would be essential in a worst-case scenario.
• Wandering | Earthland is wide, and there are still many things Althea has never seen or experienced. So, she wants to explore the world while trying to figure out what her place in it is.
• Strength | Althea deplores stagnation, and she desires the strength to accomplish any task she wishes.
• Returning to the Aetherial Wastes | That dimension of voids and emptiness was like Althea’s personal hell. She ended up adapting to the suffocating loneliness, but would still do anything to never return. Being in a similarly isolating environment would also be terrifying to her, but to Althea, no void is quite as empty as the Wastes.
• Attachment | Bonds are intangible and can be severed far too easily, it’d be far less emotionally taxing for Althea to retain a distance from things she would otherwise care deeply for.
• Confined Spaces | The sensation of feeling “stuck” somewhere is bone-chilling for Althea.
Height: 5’4” | 163cm
Weight: 120lbs | 54kg
Skin Tone: Pale
Guild: Fairy Tail
Tattoo: Back of right hand
Tattoo Color: Pale blue
Faction: The Luminous Covenant
Faction Chapter: Bellum
Last edited by Althea on 12th November 2022, 4:59 pm; edited 47 times in total