Age: 28 (48)
Birthday: 24th of May
● The lower left half of the body and the chest are covered in black runes
● Mars, demon / angel hybrid, is sealed within Johann
Johann was born into a family of wealth and power. As a born noble, he, in certain cases, values manners and etiquette when interacting with friends and enemies alike, but has come to disregard all of forms of mannerisms when things get too heated. Still, he is, in essence, a good man, striving to help others with a desire to do good, but that doesn't stop him from using what would be considered "shady" tactics to achieve his goals. All that matters to him is to get what he wants, and he often puts his own or his guild's and friends' interests over those of others, and could thus be seen as somewhat selfish. In such cases, he doesn't hesitate, even when it comes to something others would class as morally corrupt, or perhaps even worse if it proves to benefit him, his friends or the people he desires to help.
Johann, when he was young, lost his family, friends, wealth and title to a brutal bandit attack by the bandit guild Blood Seal, and has since been rather cynical, realistic and, at times, sarcastic with everyone while still managing to keep himself from detaching from society completely, avoiding the somewhat darker path others take. Johann still strives to rebuild the fortune of the von Weiss family as its last remaining descendant, but has, since joining and becoming one of the leading officers to the West Fiore Trading Company and its darker counterpart, Onyx Moon, found not just friends and comrades, he has found a family that he will protect at all costs with almost blind devotion. This eventually led him to found his own guild, Dies Irae, the man seeking to influence the world and make it a place that better suits his ideals. He can be relaxed at times, but is mostly focussed and concentrated when he sets his mind on something. Still, in contrast to that, he sometimes can be swallowed by his anger, slipping off into a burning rage. Overall, Johann seeks to become stronger, to perfect his magic and to deepen the bonds he has to his blood. Generally, Johann could be seen as rather stoic and indifferent but is still a friendly and cheerful man who, in the right company, will not hesitate to show his true personality.
In combat, Johann commands complicated elemental rune magic and the runic powers that his lineage provide him with, exerting nearly perfect control over the cryptic magical scriptures. As mentioned before, Johann has no problem playing dirty or killing an opponent, at times even preferring dealing with opponents as swiftly and efficiently as possible, generally not shunning away from a fair fight under certain circumstances, though. Still, Johann prefers to take a calm approach to most things, and combat isn't different, much preferring to take the safer and easier option. Still, his tactics and planning can lack behind at times, especially when he is driven by the deep, dark, demonic rage that slumbers inside him. When Johann breaks into a frenzy, he will sheath his rapier, an heirloom of the von Weiss family, and attack with his fists, preferring to slowly destroy an enemy piece by piece instead of ending things quickly, sometimes even disregarding his allies and surroundings, the thrill of the hunt taking over his mind.
Johann would be considered a good leader. He is one of the leading officers, a Vice President, of the West Fiore Trading Company and Onyx Moon, commands the armed forces of the young nation of Tolgalen along with his fellow VPs and the Guild Master, and has been thoroughly educated in matters of military history and strategy as required of the heir of a noble family. Still, Johann works more efficiently when receiving orders from a leader since he was drilled into almost Prussian discipline, and thus performs best when given a plan and thorough instructions and orders. Although Johann prides himself with his noble heritage (but hates his title), he doesn't view himself as superior to his peers in any way and would generally consider himself very much equal unless operating under a specific and defined hierarchical structure. Despite this, he does have a slight problem with taking orders from someone who is significantly weaker than him, someone he doesn't respect or someone who treats him or his allies poorly, looking on those things as a direct insult to his person and honor.
● Order: Johann likes his place to be tidy and well organized in accordance with his disciplined lifestyle
● Good Food: As a noble, Johann grew up eating only the finest of meals. He has thus developed a liking for good and tasty food
● Combat: Nothing is as exciting to Johann as the joy of combat, the feeling of crossing blades, the thrill of the hunt
● Arrogance: Johann hates people who inherently view themselves as better than others without having earned it, be it on grounds of birth or otherwise.
● Laziness: It infuriates Johann when time that could be used on productivity is spent on doing nothing and being lazy for the sake of being lazy alone.
● Lies: In Johann's eyes, nothing is of less honor than intentionally lying to someone you value as a friend
● Status: Johann seeks to reclaim that which he lost years ago, namely a reputation and value associated with his name and the name of the von Weiss family
● Wealth: In addition to status, Johann also lost his family's fortune and lands. He wants to be a wealthy man again, granted not for himself, though, as he seeks to use his wealth to help friends in need.
● Family: Johann has lost his family once, and he won't let it happen again. With the West Fiore Trading Company he has found comrades he will call his family, and protect them fiercely and at all costs.
● Knowledge: Johann desires knowledge about the other side of his self.
● Loss: Johann has lived through the trauma of losing all his family before and he will do everything to prevent that from happening ever again
● Death: Johann fears that someday he will die without having restored his name to a noble reputation.
● Spiders: Everyone has their phobia, this is his.
● Losing himself: Johann fears to lose his other half through whatever means it may come.
Johann is in good shape but generally looks a little older than he actually is. This might be due to his past and the trauma he has gone through. Despite that, he is of noble stature. The left side of his body, as well as his shoulders, are partially covered in black runes.
Height: 1.9m or 6'3"
Weight: 85kg or 187 lbs
Hair: Light grey, almost white hair and facial hair
Eyes: Varying, the natural colour of the left eye is red, the natural colour of the right eye is grey
Skin Tone: He white
Johann additionally shares his body with Mars, who is described in greater detail below:
Aka: The Second Seal / Lord of War / War
Birthday: The Day of Creation
● A plethora of runes and glyphs covering his entire body
Mars was created on the first day of existence in paradise as a hybrid between the darkness that formed the negative and the light that formed the positive, these terms later distinguished into "demon" and "angel". Being a mixture between the elements, Mars was unwelcome in paradise at the time. Not only that, he was unable to exist in his natural state to prevent him from being released onto the world he was meant to end prematurely, only catching a brief glimpse of heaven before being cast down to earth and sealed within one of the first 7 noble bloodlines to survive, remaining passive until his violent awakening within the latest descendant of that bloodline.
Mars can best be described as eccentric, dramatic and generally very goofy and exaggerated. He is easily excitable and enjoys interaction of any kind, negative or positive. Against what one would think, he enjoys talking as much as he enjoys fighting, only changing to and staying in a more professional personality when implicitly necessary or when triggered (see dislikes). Inside of battle, Mars will never back down from a challenge, charging at any enemy with the highest of confidence while having fun in the process. He isn't one for tactics or even strategy. To him, the beauty lies within instinct and raw, unrefined brutality and bloodshed, which is reflected in his chaotic fighting style.
Additionally, Mars wasn't created to lead. He is a being that was made for one purpose and that purpose alone and, while by no means stupid or ignorant, isn't meant to be the brains of an operation. He will do what he deems necessary, alone or with the assistance of others, and will generally prefer being on the receiving end of an order, though he will only take those orders from two entities.
● Righteousness: Despite his demonic side, Mars was created to serve as a supreme instance of divine justice, and he will do everything to accomplish what he was born for.
● Combat: Mars, being the divine aspect of war, was created for combat. He will never turn away from a challenge and enjoys an honorable duel with the utmost of passion.
● War: The epitome of his very being, war, the endless state of chaos, blood and combat. Of course, he thus views war as something natural and organic, perhaps even beautiful if done correctly.
● Pain: Pain, naturally, is connected to fighting and bloodshed, and it's the best way of checking just how alive you truly are.
● Demons: He despises pure demons with every fiber of his being. He was created to destroy their armies on the day of reckoning, and he has not forgotten, nor will he ever forget his purpose.
● Blasphemy: Mars loves his creator, "Father" as he calls him, and will not tolerate an insult towards him.
● Cowardice: In Mars' eyes, there is nothing more despicable than running from a fight of honor before it's even begun.
● Might: Mars desires power more than anything so he may survive until the day where he can fulfill his mission has come at last. This is his highest priority and he will do anything it takes to bring him closer to this goal.
● Apocalypse: Of course there is also the day of reckoning itself. Mars will wait until, one day, Father will give his divine command, to finally partake in the apocalypse.
● Paradise: The Lord of War is determined to win over the demonic hordes to earn his rightful, eternal place in paradise.
● Punishment: Mars more than anything fears failing his mission only to be punished by his creator
● Restriction: Being locked away, sealed or anything similar could lead to him not being able to answer the call for apocalypse. He will try to avoid getting himself in a situation that could lead to such a circumstance, or alternatively, give everything he has to break out of such a circumstance.
● Damnation: He is somewhat intrigued by, but also afraid of the possibility of the day of reckoning never coming, forever damned to walk among mortals only to be cast away by Father in the end.
Height: 1.9m or 6'3"
Weight: 85kg or 187 lbs
Hair: Silver hair that almost seems to reflect all light
Eyes: Varying, the natural colour of his eyes is red
Skin Tone: As pale as snow
- Mars - Angel:
- Mars - Demon:
- Normal Appearance:
Guild: Dies Irae
Tattoo: Back of the Right Hand | Crimson Red
Last edited by Johann on Tue 28 May - 15:14; edited 29 times in total