Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Guild Crest Perks

Poll

Should Guild Crest Perks be added?

[ 8 ]
    Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [24%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap41%Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [41%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [35%] 

Total Votes: 34
    vampire4ever25
    vampire4ever25

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : The Death Knight
    Position : None
    Guild : Former: Fairy Tail - Current: Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Past: Dead or Hiding - Current: None/self-trained
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill: None - Yet
    Third Skill:

Important Re: Guild Crest Perks

Post by vampire4ever25 21st April 2016, 7:19 pm

@corliss I agree that people may flock to any one guild for the benefits they may get. But if someone cares about their character than character development is always a priority. So if they join for just the guild benefits their loss is is not. However that isn't to say this would not help the site the enchanted guild crest I mean.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I am not a celestial nor an infernal either yet I resemle aspects of both while being something neither. In truth it would be more accurate to state am something between the two. Nothing is immortal we all fade to non-existance and cease to be in reality all together. Only in our believes as a society as a whole and the history that the world memorizes made everlasting. Yet briefly do all of us play our part in making that history that the world memorizes and shape what society believes. So no matter if demon or angel it matters not your existence just the mark you leave behind in the wake of your passing.

---

Jobs in progress 0/6
    Almyra Bys
    Almyra Bys

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 41
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chaos Theory
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Almyra Bys 21st April 2016, 7:20 pm

I feel like the best way to balance guild crests, if guildless aren't going to receive benefits, should be to make them come at a disadvantage as well. For instance, the ST theme is that they're more martial than magic based, so they get improved abilities with weapons, but the cost is that they have lower MP, since they're more focused on physical might than magical.

Guildless already get shafted enough, but if you introduce disadvantages with the crest, it'd just mean they're completely neutral. The main reason why I choose to be guildless is because well... none of the guilds are interesting to me. I shouldn't be penalized because there aren't any guilds I find interesting enough to put a character into.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character|Magic|Bank
    Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 3MA5V3N
    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:
    Haru-senpai
    Haru-senpai

Moderator- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descendant
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 12
    Mentor : Igneel, & Noheme the Fox
    Experience : 11,106.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Dragon Force
    Third Skill:

Post by Haru-senpai 21st April 2016, 7:24 pm

@Bys I already added a benefit for Guildless. The notions you're making are kinda off the wall, but I hear you. It's a choice not to join a Guild.

No one is going to be penalized for you not being interested either. You can't be self centered about this. You're making it sound as if you're some Guildless Queen who must be pleased before she even CONSIDERS joining a lowly Guild. Grim Heresy wasn't created to "interest Bys" neither was Infinity Hydra, Eclipse Soul, or Laughing Coffin. We get it, you're Guildless. There are a ton of things you don't have.

This will not be one of them. I've already added a Perk for Guildless that is more than fair. Powerful even.

Again this is about spreading membership for NEW members who join the site. Since we've been getting the majority of them. Not about you.

× Bio
    × Magic

Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 Rose

Irina Naginata
    Irina Naginata

Assassin Queen

Assassin Queen

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Archmage's Seal
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Experience : 6,968.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Purifiers Flame
    Second Skill: Resonance (WIP)
    Third Skill:

Post by Irina Naginata 21st April 2016, 7:27 pm

I must agree with some people on this that, this just seems like another extra thing that isn't really needed. But there are other reasons why it looks good but isn't quite good.

1. This could drive certain people to certain guilds based solely on the guild bonus to shore up a weakness of their character. It's like saying that a character which is gated by high MP costs is best suited for something like Guildless where you get a huge extra chunk of MP to use those high MP spells with. So instead of the site become more spread out because of a guilds theme it becomes more spread out based on a guilds perk and as a result clumps certain classes of characters into certain guilds.

2. We already got a lot of stuff already but one of these things is the lineages, which in a sense is quite close to what you're already proposing, and instead of clumping people up based on character concept into guilds you are just spreading out randomized perks amongst the players.

3. There is a lot of stuff (there's that word lot again), in which is not quite complete which if completed could probably make a new system like this if introduced now outdated which would result in the new thing needing to be fixed. So fix what already exists then add new stuff.

Lets just say the idea seems good, but it's not as good as you think it may be simply because of reasons like the ones stated above. We don't want to make people put characters into guilds based on what they get, we want them to put their characters into guilds based on the guilds values. We also don't want to bog the people who have to create and balance this thing down with yet another thing to work on, there's a lot of stuff that needs work in the first place. And lastly things that get changed due to fixes might not support this sort system this adding it now is probably not a good idea.

Irina and Nova Battle Theme:

Theme:
    Almyra Bys
    Almyra Bys

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Cosmic Coins : 41
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chaos Theory
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Almyra Bys 21st April 2016, 7:29 pm

I wasn't talking about my personal interest, it was more paraphrasing the thoughts of some of the guildless people I know (myself included), as to why they chose to have guildless characters. I was just making the point again because people were talking about how guildless shouldn't get any ability. Plus I figured the idea of crests having a disadvantage to them as well would be interesting because, well, buffs that come with drawbacks are fun.

Character|Magic|Bank
    Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 3MA5V3N
    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:
    Haru-senpai
    Haru-senpai

Moderator- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Haru-senpai 21st April 2016, 7:29 pm

@Irina It's not a system or anything. There would just be a Thread for the GMs to post in for their Guild Crest Perk to be approved or disapproved.

It's like grading a single damn UA for jezuss sake XD. Don't imply it's a workload or would be XD. It would be similar to the Guild Spells in respect to the topic.

I myself, and a few others I know could run a thread like that solo from a Mod or Admin standpoint. .__.

I hear you though.

× Bio
    × Magic

Irina Naginata
    Irina Naginata

Assassin Queen

Assassin Queen

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Irina Naginata 21st April 2016, 7:38 pm

@Heero: I'm not saying it may be hard to sustain, I'm saying when you make this sort of thing, even though it's a unique ability class thing, there still needs to be a guide line set specifically so that these things don't end up out of control hence it would be an entire system in it's own.

And I will restate that it would drive people to put characters in guilds based on what benefits their guild crest gives rather than the guilds theme. Think of it like all those MMO's that have these special factions and if you chose a faction you get a buff, but of course that's an MMO in which case all the DPS characters chose the DPS faction cause it's DPS, all the healers join the Healer faction, and all the tanks join the tank faction, simply because of the specific buffs given by each faction. And then people wonder why the DPS faction is always on the top, which is basically because they just kill the healers because they're squishy and kill the tanks cause the tanks can't do DPS of their own. Unless it's tera, in which case a certain tank class will murder everything cause it for some reason has the second highest DPS of any class in the game while also being stupidly hard to kill.

I might say though, this brought up a thought of home field advantages, something that you would get like from Tenrou island in cannon simply because of it being FT sacred ground.

Theme:
    Haru-senpai
    Haru-senpai

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Haru-senpai 21st April 2016, 7:41 pm

@Irina Right?! Indeed. It's exciting. Like fighting Lamia Scale wizards on the high seas would be...pretty much hell. Or Black Rose when they have info on a contract, with their bonus damage for the first few rounds. Lots of RP elements possible.

Again these are just mock ones but I hear ya.

But hey there's nothing wrong with that! Nothing wrong with FT being the "rumbling faction" or GH being the "necromancy faction" ect. It would be exciting to be a new member with all the different perks to choose from just by getting a Guild Tattoo. Again, these are just Mock ones.

× Bio
    × Magic

Irina Naginata
    Irina Naginata

Assassin Queen

Assassin Queen

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Irina Naginata 21st April 2016, 7:55 pm

Then here's another question. Would it actually spread out the member base like you think it will? Sure it kinda says "hey all the guilds have something special that you can consider." But that also means people will gravitate to different guilds based on their buff as opposed to their story. Some guilds likewise will still be left out, just cause a different guild got something slightly better and then those characters are solidified in that guild and no amount of buffing will ever get people to go to the other, it might get the occasional new person to hop into the other guild, but it wont get other people to hop guilds.

Theme:
    weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 21st April 2016, 8:43 pm

I do like this idea as a solution to try and diviate new members to go to different guilds. However I do not agree with a few things.

-Guildless get perks; simply put those who are guileless chose it. I mean sure none of the guilds may not interest you but that's your choice. And because of that then no, I do not believe guildless should be as well supplied as guild members. Why? your not bound by choices, rules, or laws coming from the organization, and because you don't you should not also get the support that comes from being a part of a organization.

-Combat perks; I really don't like the fact that a boost from these guild crests could mean a difference in combat. Because like irina said, it can lead someone to join IH not because they follow the idea that "The wicked should be punished, never mind what the MC thinks!" But rather because now they don't have to worry about losing a limb in a fight(I know these are mock ideas but i'm saying this as a example).

So I think that the guild crests should be effects that can greatly enrich job and social threads(lets try to move away from bonuses in awards of jobs though). Then have the guild tattoo give a different effect in events and/or pvp threads. This way the guild tattoo enriches the rp on socials and jobs(why else attract certain members to be in a guild) while giving them some effect in events and pvp so they don't feel useless but not as troublesome at the same time. Or we can have it so that the effects are active during job and social threads, but not during event and/or pvp threads if they prove to troublesome to try and balance after a while.

But I do agree that guild crest effects should be related to the guild's theme and all, and this could be a way to help other guilds get more members in.

But really...most people who find this site are going to do so because they like the fairy tail anime. And the fairy tail guild is the main guild of the anime with natsu, lucy, wendy, and company in it. So it makes sense for the fairy tail guild on here to get more members joining for the first time because the guild is known the most from the show. It's facts like this and other facts (such as activity) can influence a new member's decision in joining a guild. But again, I like how guild crests can influence this decision and have it so it's not reliant on "Whats in the show", but should not be the sole reason in why to join a guild nor to stay in one.

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 21st April 2016, 8:45 pm

There are lots of reasons to oppose guild crest perks,   that they would draw people to one guild over another is not one of them.

People can already be drawn to certain guilds for reasons of power,  which is considerably more difficult to balance as it is due to guild success and popularity or even just the GM having the capability of donating to empower the guild.    Going to such guilds over others means you may more easily acquire items and jewels or benefit from things that guild is able or has been able to purchase already.

Implementing crest perks that are the same power level for all guilds in this context would provide a means to draw someone to a guild that would not have been chosen in the previous instance,  but is now an option to them for that perk that they think suits them more or that they desire.  

In this case perks only spread the draw around and would give all the guilds some more substance with which to draw members attention.   The other guilds would still have their previous advantages,  but the advantageless other guilds would now have their own hat to toss into the ring.

Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 NvVyM98

Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Meisa Suzume
    Meisa Suzume

Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Blood
    Experience : 1,100

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Zen Arts - Way of the Enduring
    Second Skill: Locked
    Third Skill:

Post by Meisa Suzume 21st April 2016, 8:49 pm

why not dedicate a guild spell slot and have said spell be something you put on each member ect... I think guilds get enough over one and another ect... and a lot of them you did suggest were highly OP or very under powered compared to the others. IF anything... I think it should never surpass that of an S-rank single UA if it is implemented. thats my 2cents.

Irina Naginata
    Irina Naginata

Assassin Queen

Assassin Queen

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Irina Naginata 21st April 2016, 9:09 pm

@Eris, saying that it wont draw people to certain guilds just cause the ability is like saying that people wont abuse a loophole when they find it. If a certain guild has a buff that gives them more bonuses than the other is a very real you see it all the time where there's some sort of faction war and the factions give different buffs. Of course everyone is going to go to the one faction that gives a buff that's better for their character as opposed to the other faction, so you're going to clump up all the characters like that regardless of personality, why? because people always try to get as much stuff that is beneficial for their character as possible, it's the grim reality of how people think. Someones buff might not be as desired as another even if it is equal in power level, 25% addition damage and 25% additional damage resistance are both equal in power but most people are going to chose one over the other cause it fits their magic more rather than choosing the one with the better matching theme.

I'm trying to say that the spread of new members is probably not going to be the desired spread of the site, this also means that you're reducing diversity inside the guilds. This is saying that all the DPS are going to chose the 25% additional damage and all the tanks are going to chose the 25% additional damage reduction, because they match their stats better, but then you end up with no DPS on the Tanks side and no Tanks on the DPS side, there's no diversity.

This also turns the site into a thing more like rock paper scissors cause now all that guilds have a guild they are weak to and a guild they are strong too. Which can be a cool effect but it does mean that one guild could end up completely squashed by every other guild out there cause they somehow managed to get a buff that didn't give them an edge against anyone.

Theme:
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 21st April 2016, 10:28 pm

WereTiger wrote:-Guildless get perks; simply put those who are guileless chose it. I mean sure none of the guilds may not interest you but that's your choice. And because of that then no, I do not believe guildless should be as well supplied as guild members. Why? your not bound by choices, rules, or laws coming from the organization, and because you don't you should not also get the support that comes from being a part of a organization.
    Well, to be honest, neither are most people in the guilds (Legal Guild members killing people for the lolz)

But I'm going to have to agree with Irina on this.  Depending on the perks that are given to a certain guild, someone may decide to go to a certain guild just to get the perks for that guild (to improve their build).  Certainly, you'll still get people going to other guilds because "why not" but for some, you'll have them going to a certain guild because of the perks they give (Same reason Slayers are in such high demand).

But let's see what Guildies get and what guildless get:
    Guilded PerksGuildless Perks
    - Access to Guild Weapon
    - Access to Guild Spells
    - Potential to get Ace
    - Potential to get GM
    - Access to Guild Pet
    - Access to Guild Bank
    - Access to Guild Supply Trains
    - Access to Guild Events/Jobs
    - Same Guild Bonuses (EXP)
    - Doesn't have to follow guild rules?
    - Can do Legal and Dark jobs (So can independent guilds)
    - Access to their own weapons
    - Access to their own spells
    - Gotta donate for H Rank <3
    - Access to their own pet
    - Can rob a bank
    - Access to one-time supplies
    - Can create their own job?

Yeah, I filled the Guildless bonus full of crap. Certainly, you can say that "it's all your fault for going guildless" when it is also "all someone's fault" for choosing to leave a guild/change guild/join a guild that isn't yours. It you one's own choice to join a guild.

Saying that Guildless have the perk of "Not following Guild Laws", I suppose one hasn't been paying attention to the large influx of Legal Guilds killing folks because "lol".

---
    While I do like the idea of Guild Crest Perks, I think we already get a lot to begin with.
    Perhaps if you made the Guild Crest Perk take up a UA, then it shouldn't be a problem.

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Comet
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 39
    Experience : 5,657.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Star Child
    Second Skill: Arc of Time
    Third Skill:

Post by Sybil 14th May 2016, 9:21 pm

I don't have much to add to this except a concern. Would players start joining guilds for their perks rather than the motives/tone of the guild?

Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 15th May 2016, 12:23 am

I'm not a big fan of freebies just for being part of the guild.
    I'm also not a big fan of using 'gifts' to persuade people to join guilds and using that as a 'my perks are better than yours so join the guild'.

However, that's not to say i'm against crest perks entirely. I feel that they should be either a. limited duration, b. triggered by something e.g. the GM is in the thread and activates the crest perk for all members in the thread. It would give GMs a bit more purpose rather than 'i have guild spells and run exams'.

It would be a good replacement for tertiary which has just fallen at the way side.

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    Guild Crest Perks  - Page 2 HqzsHuT

Current date/time is 13th May 2024, 6:15 am