Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Nothing Illegal Here. Nope. Not At All.

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Infinite Arcana
    Second Skill: Vox Universum
    Third Skill: Disciple of War

Nothing Illegal Here. Nope. Not At All. Empty Nothing Illegal Here. Nope. Not At All.

Post by Shen Kadokawa 8th August 2019, 5:24 pm

The Ambassador of Dies Irae let his gaze wander across the clear blue sky above Era for just a few seconds, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath, before opening them once more, looking down from the rooftop onto the rather active street below, a shifting body of people pushing past itself, intertwining, the sounds of a bustling city mixing with scents of all manners. Spices, fruit, meats, and of course, the kaleidoscope of impressions that was the smell of people, his slayer senses painting a diverse and colorful picture before his inner eye. Sweet, sour, bitter, but all of them individual in their own right. It was really quite fascinating how many facets of daily life would collide before just fading away again, hundreds of thousands of times per day and with every passing second. The first time Joh had experienced something like this had been in Minstrel, albeit under admittedly less fortunate circumstances. But, of course, Johann von Weiss, God of Persistence, hadn't come to Era on this quite beautiful summer day to simply enjoy the scenery, or catch a break on a rooftop, for that matter. His business was, as it was so often these days, of strictly professional nature. Well, perhaps a little bit of pleasure.

Dies Irae had received word from one of their contacts that a certain man had found his way to Era, a dangerous individual that, coincidentally, was not just on DI's infamous Blacklist, but apparently had also managed to draw the attention of local authorities across Fiore for some of his more ... notorious experiments. The man was a dark mage named Hamlet Frock, it seemed, wanted for murder on 17 occasions. A big fish, but seemingly an independent actor. No backers, no dark guild, just a scientifically inclined man and his experiments. At least none that the contact had any knowledge of. Still, Hamlet was believed to be rather dangerous, choosing particularly grueling methods of execution for his unfortunate victims: Gas. With every new victim, he seemed like he had developed a new formula for an even better, even more potent chemical weapon, and now he had been spotted in Era. Of course, the guild couldn't send just anyone, and his fellow Ambassador seemed like she was busy, at least she hadn't yet come back from her most recent trip, a little late, which was unlike her, but it was what it was, Joh seeing to the matter personally. This Frock guy ... was he on the lookout for a new victim? Or had he come here to acquire some supplies for his pastime. Whatever the reason, this was a prime opportunity to intercept him and, once and for all, make sure the criminal couldn't continue his experiments.

"Hmmm", the deep, distorted voice of Mars echoed through the back of Joh's mind. "Anything catching your attention?". The Ambassador was prompt in his inquiry, unwilling to pass up the chance to catch Frock. "I smell something ... odd", the Seal commented, turning the vessel's head into the direction of what was almost an overwhelming stench of chemicals. "Odd" was certainly somewhat of an understatement. "Seems like we have our guy, then. Are you ready?". "Ready as can be, old man, tsehe". Johann sighed, placing the hat that completed his black Ambassador uniform back on his head as he stood up and jumped off the side of the building, descending rapidly only to slow his fall just meters before the impact, his shoes touching on the cobbled road gently. Already, a few people had turned their heads towards this admittedly extravagant man who, with confidence and determination, maneuvered through the crowd towards the one individual he had set his sights on ...

"Hamlet Frock!", his voice echoed throughout the street, the cloaked figure a good dozen meters away freezing in place, head turning around slowly, the Ambassador eyeing him curiously, but cautiously. Now that the man had turned, showing Johann his face, he could confirm that indeed, the tall man bearing a slightly crazed, yet calculating expression, strands of long, brown hair in his face, was indeed the man that had been described to him. "I believe you are a wanted man, Mister Frock. Why don't we save ourselves some time and skip the introduction? Surrender without a fight and I promise you, I will spare your life". The man grinned broadly. "Oh, I did not expect the Knights to find my little trail this quickly, hehe ...". People had made space around them, and a small crowd had started begun to form around the two.

"It seems you have fallen victim to a misconception, Mister Frock. I am not a Rune Knight". "So, you're after my bounty, huh? You won't take me to jail, not alive!". Upon hearing these words, a smirk lifted the corner of Joh's mouth. "A desirable outcome ...", the man almost growled with a satisfied tone, taking a step towards Frock and stretching out his hand and unsheathing the blade by his side. The other seemed none too pleased.

"Stop right there or I'll blow all these people to kingdom come!", causing the Ambassador to freeze. A bluff? Possible, but he wouldn't risk it. It seemed like he had made the right call, Forck dropping his cloak to reveal 4 yellow canisters strapped to his waist. It dawned on the God of Ishgar. "I wanted to test my new, my perfect formula on Era unpestered by you pretentious Magic Council lapdogs, but I guess it can't be helped, heh! Maybe then you will start to see my true genius! I am decades ahead of my time! I am a brilliant man, but none of you believed me. Called me a radical, but ... I will show you radical!"

"And how exactly do you wish to do that, Mister Frock?"

The other almost seemed like he had waited for just that question, gleeful at the opportunity to explain himself, pointing to the canisters. "These containers are filled with pure, refined Dichlorodiethyl-Sulfide. Inhaling only one tiny bit will cause unimaginable agony, and that's only the beginning! I will spread this to all corners of Era through my magic, and there is nothing you will be able to do about it, lapdog!". Surely, the display had enough of an effect on the crowd, people gasping, muttering in terror, people turning, walking away as fast as they could, panic beginning to settle in. "It's useless. In just a few seconds, all of you will be-". His sentence was promptly interrupted by a red blade emerging from his chest, blood spurting from the tear in his flesh that had been ripped open, Frock staring down at the weapon in shock, horror. He didn't understand. The lapdog had been before him this entire time. How did he ...

"- Dead?", Johann asked with a stoic voice, maintaining his grasp on the weapon, a small puddle of crimson forming at Frock's feet. "Strangely enough, you're not the first person to make this threat, Mister Frock. Any last words?". Frock's eyes grew colder with each passing second, though, in a resurgence of determination, he shouted "I'll take you with me!", his hand rushing to one of the canisters, grasping the top cover with the firm intention of pulling it off to release the chemical ... though nothing would happen. Frock stared down at his trembling arm, his own body refusing to follow his command. The ... the lapdog! He had done something to him! "Poor choice". It felt as if the blood had frozen in his veins, pushing back against the will he attempted to exert on his form, unsuccessfully. In terror, Frock slowly turned his head over his shoulder to look at the Ambassador, his trembling eyes meeting two much very different ones, glowing pupils sitting firmly in ink-black oculars staring back, the man grasping the weapon sporting a wide, overjoyed grin.

With his last strength, the criminal managed to produce his final words, anguish, and horror tainting his formerly so confident voice. "What ... are ... you ...?". Mars, more than just simply amused by this question, leaned just a little closer, whispering slowly, with satisfied, ominous voice ...

"A nightmare"

... before finally pulling the weapon free, Frock falling to his knees, though never touching the ground, crumbling away into dust and scattering in the wind before he could impact. Johann took a deep breath, sighing sharply as he exhaled. "And to think I wanted to let him live". He took a quick glance around. Yup, definitely more than enough witnesses. There would be no doubt about the fact that the contract had been fulfilled once the news started spreading. Apart from that, Mars cackle echoed through the back of the man's mind once again. "HAH! Did you see his face? That was priceless!". With that out of the way, he still had time for a nice lunch before finally heading back to Amber Island, and so, free of sorrow, the Ambassador sheathed the sword and turned, determined to find a nice little restaurant, dozens of shocked onlookers simply watching in bewilderment.

Word Count: 1,522

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Scion of the Void King
    Position : Goddess of Conviction
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Experience : 12,421,054

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Voidwalking
    Second Skill: Sword of Wrath
    Third Skill: Cruorthurgy

Nothing Illegal Here. Nope. Not At All. Empty Re: Nothing Illegal Here. Nope. Not At All.

Post by Serilda Sinclair 17th August 2019, 12:50 pm

Seri Banner
    Conviction never shames nor condemns us.
    It calls us back to who we truly are.
    Serilda.

The Voidwalker sighed. What do you want, Victoria? She greatly disliked being interrupted by the Seal, who often offered nothing but complaints and judgements to waste Serilda’s time. The noblewoman had mostly gotten into the habit of ignoring that voice inside her head. In fact, she barely had lost her concentration on the document she was reading, responding with a tone of disinterest.

For once, this didn’t really seem to bother the Seal. I can sense one of my siblings.

Well, that caught Serilda’s attention. She blinked and looked up from her desk even though Victoria didn’t have a physical form at the moment to glance at. Not Lux, I’m assuming? Mythal was away on a job at the moment and wasn’t supposed to be back any time soon. Even if he was back in town, he’d have reported to her first and foremost.

I’m not sure. We don’t have distinct signature, so to speak, so I don’t know who is there, I only know that they are present. What I will say is that the likelihood of it being Lux and Mythal is slim. If there are three of us active right now… Victoria didn’t finish her statement, but she didn’t need to. She and Lux had already made it pretty clear when they first revealed themselves that the presence of two seals alone was a big deal. Having a third around was no coincidence. I know you think what you’re currently working on is important, but this is a higher priority.

Serilda frowned in thought. As much as she disliked it, the seal was right. Very well. Putting her documents away, she asked, Are you able to discern their location?

Not exactly, but enough to get us close I’m sure.

In a remarkable display of trust, Serilda relinquished enough control of her body over to Victoria that the Seal was able to use Serilda’s Voidwalking magic to form a gateway. “Xiuhcoatl. Hael.” The starry coated wolf wuffed quietly and jumped up onto her feet from the large pillow she had been lounging on. Together, they walked through the invisible portal.

It deposited them somewhere in the streets of Era. Victoria was able to get a much better sense of where her sibling was once they were closer, and eventually -- after only a little bit of wandering -- they came across quite the scene. Serilda was unable to act quick enough to stop the murder, done so brazenly before quite a number of witnesses. It all happened so fast that she barely had time to process it, let alone react.

By the time the man turned around to see the dozens of people staring at him in a mixture of confusion and horror, Serilda’s clear and commanding voice rose up from behind the small crowd. “You realize, of course, that I cannot allow you simply go about murdering people in the streets of my city?”

The handful of people in front of her turned to see who was talking and then quickly parted so that they were not standing between the two mages. Whispers began to fill the air with excitement. Serilda had done much in the city of Era, to the point where the vast majority of citizens recognized the resident leader of the Rune Knights and one of the most recently appointed Wizard Saints with near immediacy. She was clad in the white trimmed, black uniform of the knights, with the five silver starred emblem on her collar that marked her as the field marshal. Her long white hair was pinned up into a tight bun at the top of her head, and strapped to either side of her hips were two scimitars. Xiuhcoatl stood attentively at her feet, not in an aggressive stance but once that was certainly ready to make that switch if the tension didn’t let up soon.

Serilda took a moment to memorize the man’s features, as well as the rather regal looking attire that adorned his body. He looked like an ambassador of sorts, though she was unaware of any political meetings scheduled for either the Magic Council nor the Fioren nobility. “I am Lady Serilda Sinclair, field marshal of the Rune Knights. I do not wish to fight you. The last time I was involved in a fight with another Seal, it resulted in an entire city being wiped off the map, and I am not keen on repeating the experience, but I will not hesitate to seek justice if given cause. Tell me: By whose authority have you sentenced this man to death?”

She spoke with an even and collected authority that one would expect of any noblewoman that also happened to be in charge of an entire nation’s military, but it was not done with any amount of condescension or judgement -- yet. Right now all she was looking for was answers. The last thing she wanted to do was get into a fight with another Seal and put the citizens of Era at risk. Destroying Vintermyr had been bad enough, a battle that had resulted in such disturbing amounts of destruction that the Magic Council had immediately named both her and Mythal Wizard Saints upon witnessing the remains of the encounter. It was not a point of pride for her, nor an experience she was eager to repeat, so she greatly hoped that whoever this man was he did not force her to the point of a physical confrontation.

Grant me a body.

Can I trust you not to cause a scene?

She could practically feel Victoria rolling her eyes in her head. I will not start a fight with another Seal, you have my word. Not that I’m sure it means much to you.

It doesn’t. Serilda sighed to herself. Do not make me regret this, Victoria, or you will be the one to suffer the consequences.

For once, the Seal did not argue. As Serilda stood calmly on the street, a second body stepped out and away from her. The now tangible form of Victoria positioned herself beside Serilda and cast a smirk at the man. “Come now, sibling. There is no need to hide yourself,” she said in a clear but weathered voice that perfectly suited her appeared age.

WORDS: 1108/1108 | @Johann
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-

Character Sheet

Nothing Illegal Here. Nope. Not At All. Empty Re: Nothing Illegal Here. Nope. Not At All.

Post by Shen Kadokawa 26th August 2019, 6:00 am

So much for a peaceful lunch. Johann stopped in his tracks when a rather loud, female voice rang out, undoubtedly addressing the God of Ishgar, who took a deep breath before exhaling sharply. He turned, expecting another meddling Rune Knight who would fool themselves into believing they were in control. "Your city?". The man asked with an amused grin, his eyes falling onto the source of the voice. A woman, as expected, white hair, crystal blue eyes, clad in the black uniform of a Rune Knight, and not just that, a canine seemed to accompany her. It was his own fault, really. Something like this was predictable, especially considering that he was in Era, where the headquarters of the Knights was located. Of course, their presence would be strongest here. Still, Johann took the comment as presumptuous. That was until the woman spoke up once more, introducing herself as Lady Serilda Sinclair. Not just that, the Field Marshal of the Rune Knights as well. Looks like he had, unintentionally, caught a big fish. Though, the "Lady" would imply that the girl was a noble, something that Johann utterly despised. They were arrogant, pretentious, unlikeable in general. Johann had to know, he was one of them, although he hadn't operated in noble circles for quite some time now, and, of course, the man was only used to high Minstrelian nobility. Still, the best had yet to come.

His gaze focussed, his eyes narrowed and his brows ever-so-slightly moved closer together when the woman, Serilda, mentioned a "Seal". "A Seal, you say?". A nervous feeling spread through the silver-haired Rune Mage's gut, and the familiar stirring of Mars, the Lord of War, rang in the back of his head, the Second Seal's attention caught by this unexpected development. This could hardly be a coincidence. One thing after the other, though. "I sentenced this man to death by my own authority, Miss Sinclair. He was a threat to the citizens of Era, one that I promptly eliminated. Not to mention the fact that there was a bounty on his head, which I do intend to claim for myself". The Ambassador was starting to feel a slight hint of annoyance. The Rune Knights and their excessive love for technicalities would get them nowhere. Normally, the man would've simply brushed this off, disappeared without another word, but this was the Field Marshal herself he was talking to. Though, that did make him wonder ... did the RK have a change of leadership recently? If so, Johann couldn't remember hearing about it, but he had never been introduced to previous leadership of the Rune Knights either. Perhaps, he thought, perhaps he was just ill-informed. For a few seconds, however, the tension between the two seemed almost palpable, and so, Johann sought to put an end to this, lest he would have to resort to defending himself from the unlawful intervention of this woman.

"Oh, where are my manners, Miss Sinclair, I have yet to introduce myself. I am Jo-"

The Ambassador did not get to finish his sentence, his consciousness violently torn from his grasp and thrown into the depths of his own mind, his own subconsciousness taking over. The familiar feeling of being launched into an endless darkness only to come to a sudden stop overcame Johann before finally, he would sleep. Meanwhile, Johann's body, the vessel, would close his eyes, raising his hands to his face, covering it entirely before taking a deep breath. He lowered his hands, revealing the change that had taken place within his two eyes and expression, showing Serilda a broad, toothy grin, the white sclera of his eyes changed entirely to a deep, charcoal black, the two pupils of brightly glowing crimson color staring at her.

"Hehehe ... Hahahahaha ... Ahhhhhh"

The deep, almost distorted cackle echoed for a moment, before Mars, the Second Seal of the Apocalypse, addressed the other figure that had separated from Serilda, the other Seal, Mars' sibling.

"Victoria ... it has been such a long time, an eternity, even. Last time must have been ... at the beginning of all creation?"

If such a thing was possible, the broad grin on his face would broaden even more in sheer amusement, the unexpected turn of events entertaining Mars greatly. What were the odds, after all? Some would say that this would be fate.

"I see you too have woken up and bonded with a vessel, and such an imposing one at that, tssehehe ...". Of course, Mars was referring to the Field Marshal of the Rune Knights.

"So, tell me, sister, how have you been?", Mars would ask playfully, excitedly shifting from one foot to the other. In truth, Victoria's presence here in this city, in this nation, even, was quite the shock. Neither the Second Seal nor his vessel had expected to just bump into another Seal, another vessel in the street. Mars was itching to talk to her, converse with her, though there was also something else ... a little spark of an inborn tension between the two that lit up and, at first, now slowly overcame him. Oh, this would all be so, so very exciting.

Word Count: 864
    Word Count Total: 2,386
    Thread Word Count Total: 3,494

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Dank Memer- Taskmaster- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 8th September 2019, 3:25 pm

Seri Banner
    He certainly turned with more than a little scoff at the admittedly presumptuous words of the woman that had approached him. But as much as Serilda didn’t enjoy coming off as pompous, this was one of the few cases where she not only had every right to exercise her authority but she needed to. Someone had been killed, and that required answers. The comment about Seals caught his attention, however. Just as Serilda hoped it would. There was a brief pause before he calmly explained that he’d executed the man of his own volition and right, explaining there was a bounty on the man’s head.

Well, that certainly made things a lot better. Serilda was not above capital punishment, and bounties -- including death ones -- were certainly legal under the proper channels. Despite how he probably expected her to act there, the woman merely nodded her understanding. “Very well. If you could please just provide the documentation for the bounty so I may verify its authenticity, I will let you be on your way and submit myself as a witness for purposes of ensuring your reward is collected.”

Hopefully he would be able to read the sincerity in that, or at least see the logic. Obviously as a noble she had no need for bounty money and would hardly be interested in being labeled as a bounty hunter, and as the leader of the Rune Knights it was quite literally her job -- tasked to her by the Magic Council themselves -- to make sure everything was being handled lawfully. At the very least, no matter what he thought or understood of the Knights themselves, it was obvious that Serilda wasn’t the type to sneer or turn her nose up at an evil person being subjected to death. She was merely concerned about having stumbled upon it without not being aware of what was happening before hand, and for the wellbeing of those civilians around them that had witnessed the bloody deed.

For the most part things were tense but looking promising in handling this peacefully. That all changed after Victoria stepped out and coaxed her sibling to show themselves. The man was in the process of making an effort to be cordial and introducing himself when his voice was suddenly cut off. Before her eyes, the man changed completely into something much more maniacal. His eyes had turned crimson and he was giggling like a madman. Serilda immediately went on edge, the hairs on her arms and the back of her neck standing upright.

It didn’t take an explanation for Serilda to understand what she was seeing. Even before he spoke, she knew whatever Seal this poor man shared a soul with had just taken control of his body… a sensation that the Voidwalker was all too familiar with. Admittedly, being on the witness end of it was just as terrifying and concerning as being the one that it happened to. As he greeted Victoria, Serilda started mentally preparing herself for something, anything to go wrong..

“Mars,” the older looking Seal said, a confident but excited smirk on her lips. “Yes, it has been quite some time, brother. You seem to have found quite the formidable vessel as well.” The male Seal was practically bouncing on his toes with excitement, but Serilda couldn’t gauge him at all. Was he just a bit cracked? Was he that excited about seeing his sister after so long?

There was little she could do but for now she decided it was best if the crowd dispersed. Giving the Seals a moment to chat, she turned to the people gathered and staring around them. “Please go about your day, everyone. This situation is currently under control and the Knights will be sending over some forces to clean it up. Thank you for your concerns.” She waved people away and they reluctantly listened, the crowds finally starting to thin as people went their separate paths.

In the meantime, Victoria continued her conversation with Mars. “I can’t say everything has been how I’d prefer it, but I’ve certainly been in worse circumstances,” the Seal of Victory told him. “Unfortunately, most of my time these days has been in Lux’s company. My vessel is romantic with his own. The time near family is nice, of course, after so long but… well you know how Lux can be.” The Seal of Light was more than a little egotistical, even for a Seal. He could be entertaining but he also had a knack for getting under peoples’ skin sooner or later.

I would recommend you be ready, Serilda heard in her head. Her eye twitched in confusion but she at least had the wherewithal not to look suspicious.

Ready for what? For a fight?

This particular sibling is the Seal of War. Our relationship is… volatile at times. He hasn’t seen me in eons so he may not be able to resist his urges to battle with me.

Oh good, the Seal of War fighting the Seal of Conquest. That’s exactly what I wanted with my day. Un-fucking-believable. Given that Serilda really did not swear very much, it was a sign of how on edge she truly was. The last thing she needed was to fight another Seal, especially when Mythal wasn’t here to back her up. All she could do was wait and have her spell at the ready. If he managed to keep himself under control it would be ideal, but if he made a move to start a battle she would quickly use her Void magic to instantly transport them into the open and deserted tundra far outside of Vintermyr. Hopefully this wouldn’t come to a fight, but if it did, she would at least make sure it happened where no one else could get caught as collateral damage.

WORDS: 998/2106 | @Johann
    Serilda Sinclair

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 10th October 2019, 8:48 am

"Tssehe ... the old man serves his purpose well", Mars theatrically looked up and down the form of his vessel he controlled, cracking his knuckles and stretching his arms playfully. It had been a little while since he last had obtained full control over their bod, the change of scenery from the depths of Johann's mind not unwelcome in the least, the Ambassador, of course, trying to keep the Second Seal away from exactly this kind of circumstance due to the Lord of Wars more ... destructive tendencies. Being granted the limited freedom to move around, speak of his own accord, exert his power and influence the world around him actively, even if only for a limited time, was a blessing. However, with Victoria being present, he could barely contain his excitement, and as much as Johann could exert his willpower over Mars when the Seal let him, the Lord of War could do the same, forcing the Rune Mage into a state of subconsciousness.

Naturally, that wouldn't remain the only thing keeping his attention. "Lux has ... woken up as well?", the distorted voice asked with deeply intrigued curiosity, the dots beginning to connect in his mind. Although he didn't quite know what to make of Lux, the appearance of Aegror first and Aporia after he had ascribed to coincidence, though with Anima, Victoria, and Lux being awake as well it was clear: All of the Seven Seals had been freed from slumber. A circumstance that should otherwise be alarming, Mars feeling the exact opposite, the possibility of reuniting with the only others of his kind a prospect of indescribable emotion, bordering on hysteria. Not only that, the circumstance that Victoria described was most amusing as well, Mars chuckling heartily when the other Seal explained, reminding the Lord of War of Johann and Amalie. "It's quaint, really, how easily they fall for each other, hehehe ... My vessel is in a relationship with that of Anima", he explained briefly, which brought him to his next point. Undoubtedly, Victoria would be interested in learning of her other siblings as well. "Aporia has woken up. Aegror has, too, but his vessel was ... corrupted, so my own took it upon himself to keep him safe until a new one can be found. Anima is awake as well, obviously. I haven't heard of Nox, but it is safe to assume he is out there ... considering that we are now here as well". The Lord of War's words were accompanied by frantic and excited movements from side to side, swings, and steps that almost resembled playfull, unguided dancing with the grace of a toddler, Mars appearing to share the childlike passion of one, too.

And just like a child, Mars possessed a trait that was undoubtedly undesirable within beings such as a Seal, the situational absence of anything resembling self-control.

With a spin out of his playful movements, Mars reached into the space around him, a vortex of ink-black energy momentarily forming in his grasp before manifesting into a solid shape, Mars unceremoniously grasping the scythe that had formed in his grasp, twirling the weapon between his fingers with apparent ease. "You know, Victoria ... it has been such, oh such a long time and I am aching to compare our power ...", the Second Seal grinned at the First Seal, his head tilted as he spun the weapon once more, bringing the blade into a ready position behind his back. "... Why don't we have a little bit of fun?".

What the Seal had not anticipated, however, was Victoria's vessel getting involved personally, the Lord of War, with a sudden flash of arcane energies, finding the scenery around them changed, taking a moment to glance about. The streets of Era had given to what appeared like an endless plane of moss and grass, cold wind howling as it whipped across the frozen steppe. Mars confident, toothy grin was not broken, however. It didn't matter where they would fight, and indeed, the location would eliminate the possibility for colateral damage that his vessel would undoubtedly condemn, meaning that there was no need to act with reservation. Wide, unblinking eyes full with crimson glow and charcoal darkness turned to Victoria, intently ingoring her vessel, Mars rearing back with a whisper, "Let's go", before launching himself forward right at the First Seal, scythe drawn back wide, unleashing a forceful swing towards her.

Word Count: 738
    Word Count Total: 3,124
    Thread Word Count Total: 5,600

Action Log:

Spells Used:

Stats & Notable Passive Abilities:

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 14th April 2020, 3:34 pm

Seri Banner
    Victoria’s golden eyes narrowed ever so slightly as Mars informed it that there were more than just the three of them awake. “Is that so?” she asked him softly, a thoughtful smirk tugging ever so gently on her lips. If all of them but Nox had been accounted for so far, then it stood to reason that the Seal of Darkness was, indeed, out there somewhere. And that meant a whole myriad of other conclusions. Conclusions that both of the more battle focused Seals were naturally inclined toward being excited over. “Well, it’s been long enough. I think we’re well overdue for a family reunion.”

Though she kept her gaze on Mars and was attentive to him, she didn’t seem very perturbed by his somewhat theatrical antics. She was used to them, after all. Serilda, however, couldn’t help but watch him with a bit of wariness. Lux was a bit of a sociopath to be sure, but at least he still walked around and presented himself like a mostly sane individual. Mars was practically prancing around the alley like an improv dancer. Even if she was keeping her face straight, it was difficult not to stare.

Thankfully, he didn’t seem to be paying any attention to her at all, his attention wholly fixed on Victoria. Serilda could only assume he held the same disregard for mortals that Victoria and Lux had. That suited her just fine. Let him think she wasn’t worth keeping an eye on. That only suited her advantage and allowed her to ready herself. By the time Mars had coalesced the scythe in his hands and started talking to Victoria about having a go at one another for old time’s sake, Serilda was prepared to act. Mars looked quite surprised when their scenery changed completely, glancing about for a moment to register the relocation.

This gave just enough time for a quick telepathic conversation between the field marshal and her own seal. I’m going to need your body for this, not this weak knockoff you duplicate.

Fine, but I’m staying conscious this time. In most other circumstances, she may not have vehemently denied Victoria’s request, but the last fight between her and Mythal was still quite fresh in Serilda’s mind. If Victoria and Mars were just going against each other with their own powers alone, she may have stayed out of it, but there was no telling how much of Johann’s power Mars was going to utilize. Plus, the body that Serilda summoned for Victoria really was just something strong enough to let the Seal walk and talk on her own without the noblewoman having to deal with the old hag’s constant nagging in her head.

By the time Mars had braced himself to start the fight, Serilda had already merged back with Victoria, keeping her own physique but allowing the Seal to control it. Immediately, Victoria tapped into Serilda’s connection to the Void and used a quick but powerful spell to boost her defenses. As Mars charged, Victoria calmly stood her ground with a small grin and made no effort to dodge at he swung his great weapon, aiming to cleave her in twain.

But when the scythe should have sliced her in half, it instead swished through her body with no resistance, as though he had cut through little more than an illusion as empty space between the atoms of Serilda’s body shifted to align with those of the scythe and let the strike pass through her without harm. Quickly, she pulled out both of Serilda’s sword. Moonlight shone with a slight blue glow that radiated with calm, holy power, while Malice seemed to drink away all the light that touched it, reeking of the demonic.

With any luck, Mars’ equilibrium would be thrown off guard, if only for a split second, from the complete and utter lack of obstruction, giving Victoria just enough time to step to the side. Since her brother had already brought himself in melee range, it took little more than the flick of her wrists to turn the scimitars so that their sharp blades would cut right across his side in tandem as she moved by. At least, so long as he wasn’t quick enough to avoid them. It had been so long since they fought, and Victoria didn’t recall Mars being as fast as he was now.

But that just made the fight all the more exciting.

Could you please not be so flippant with the use of my defensive magic?

Oh, relax. You worry too much.

The Void is not foolproof, Victoria! Serilda fumed, berating the Seal through their mental connection as the Seal squared back off against her brother. Fight with care, or I will do the fighting for us. The noblewoman could feel Victoria’s annoyance with her, but it seemed the nephilim had no interest in arguing the point, her focus solely on her deadly spar with the other Seal.

WORDS: 866/2972 | @Johann
    Serilda Sinclair

Stats:

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 16th August 2020, 9:33 am

Nothing Illegal Here. Nope. Not At All. NeNPGwR

Needless to say, Mars was actually somewhat surprised when the flesh of Victoria's vessel seemed to give in to the strike of his scythe, and though he could see that he had definitely struck true, he felt no resistance, the blade of the weapon simply phasing through her as if she hadn't been there in the first place. His eyes opened wide in an onset of what was not only admittedly surprise, but also shock. His scythe was definitely capable of striking beings that were not exactly corporeal, it was part of his own curse, but that hadn't mattered. He'd seen that it had had no effect with his own two eyes. Momentarily distracted by this revelation, Mars was wide-open for her counter strike, two blades digging across the flesh of his vessel's torso in perfect syncronicity, drawing an arc of crimson liquid through the air as he grit his teeth and instinctively dashed backwards a few dozen meters swiftly, though coming to a quick and abrupt halt. Still, the Seal would get over the initial shock, a wide, toothy grin spreading across his face as he looked down at the deep, bleeding wounds that formed nasty trenches through the flesh of his chest and the previously untouched, now stained coat. Blood began building up in his mouth, a sickly cough ejecting some of the red fluid from his lips, a small trickle dripping down the Nephilim's chin. "Good hit, sister, tssehehe. What a unique technique you've got there ...", the voice of the Second Seal would ring out in an almost gleeful tone, a cackle rounding out the overtly amused impression he gave off. The grin would persist, Mars raising his hand to wipe the blood off his face. "... but it will take a lot more than this to stop me".

In that moment, Mars would let go of the scythe, which would dematerialize and return to magical energy that flowed through his body, taking the bloodied fingers and touching his temple, leaving a sanguine fingerprint on the left side of his face. Within an instant, the magic would activate, his skin absorbing the blood and, in its place, a glowing rune of similar color appearing, jagged, almost broken in design, but radiating with magical energy. The wound in the Nephilim's chest would begin to heal rapidly, the deep cuts that Victoria's blades had dragged through his skin closing up in mere moments, restoring the vessel's skin and flesh, which was somewhat visible through the now tattered and bloodied clothing, to a perfect condition. The eyes of the Second Seal would once more rise as he locked his gaze on Victoria and her vessel, the grin that had spread across his face widening with an expression of crazed anticipation. Blood began to materialize around his form, coiling around his limps, his form, before shifting into a defined shape, forming an armor of carmine hue on Mars' body.

"Let's see how you deal with this, Victoria". Stretching out both of his hands, Mars would manifest arcs of golden electricity within both of them, lighting that surged from his limbs quickly manifesting into two lances, one in each hand, before he would shift his stance to attack once more, dashing forward at Victoria again. This time, though, his attack pattern would be a little different, coming to a stop several meters away from her before aiming both lances at the ground. With a massive flash of light that briefly consumed the surrounding area, a gargantuan explosion would occurr as electricity rolled across the frozen tundra for miles at a velocity that similarly resembled lightning, clinging to every surface and scorching anything it came in contact with. The explosion in itself had been enough to reduce Mars' previous position to nothing short of a crater, the Seal dashing back and out of the cloud of smoke and dust that had been thrown up by the spell, his eyes scanning for his target and, of course, with more agitated anticipation, how she had taken the attack.

Word Count: 674
    Personal Word Count Total: 3,798
    Thread Word Count: 7,140

Action Log:

Spells Used:

Copied Spells / Abilities:

Stats & Notable Passive Abilities:

Serilda Sinclair
    Serilda Sinclair

Ice Queen

Ice Queen

Character Sheet

Post by Serilda Sinclair 2nd December 2020, 8:54 pm

Seri Banner
    The hit landed, but that was little cause for victory. At least, not to Serilda. Victoria was generally another matter altogether, but both women knew that it had been a paltry attack. No matter what, Mars was still a Seal and he could likely take a great deal more damage than that. But the truth was that Serilda didn’t want to be participating in this fight at all. Not just because of the potential scale of damage, though at least they were now out in the middle of nowhere -- but because she simply did not want to hurt the man that shared Mars’ soul, a man that hadn’t even gotten to finish properly introducing himself before his Seal had taken over his body and attacked. For Serilda, the only goal here was finding a way to end the fight before either of them were too badly injured.

Mars skipped away the moment he’d taken damage, and Victoria used that time to replenish her current shields. She watched Mars carefully with an attentive smirk that betrayed she was enjoying herself as much as her brother was, though her mannerisms were far more subdued. As the Seal of War took a brief moment to inspect his wounds, Victoria raised one of the scimitars to her face and carefully licked off a small portion of the crimson ichor that dripped from the blade, opening a connection to the man’s blood that would hopefully come in handy later should she need to resort to any of her own blood magic. Serilda grimaced in disgust inside her own mind, still more than a little uncomfortable with the style of magic that Victoria typically utilized. However, in an effort not to distract the woman, the field marshal elected to keep her thoughts to herself for the time being.

A compliment was passed Victoria’s way regarding the way she’d managed to damage her brother at such a close range without receiving any wounds herself. However, he made it clear that she would have to do better than that. The Conquoress’ smirk widened. “Of course. I’d be disappointed if you fell so easily, brother.” He dropped his scythe, the item disappearing into whatever pocket dimension he used to carry it, and raised his bloodied hands to his face. Victoria watched as his flesh absorbed the blood and was replaced with an odd looking rune. The wound on his chest began to heal until any trace of it was gone. Following that, blood began to manifest around his entire form, taking on the form of a crimson hued set of armor.

The pregame was over, so to speak, and now the Seal of War was looking to restart the battle with more vigor and purpose. As he took a second to conjure a couple polearms in his grip, Victory used the same split second to give herself an added layer of shielding, her body becoming as frigid as an arctic sea, hardening itself in preparation to deal with whatever he may be thinking of dishing out. He shot toward her and the First Seal crouched in a readied stance, both scimitars before her in a low and high guard respectively as she braced to react. Before he could fully close the distance between them, however, he stopped short and pierced both weapons into the ground, causing the entire area to explode violently.

There was little time to attempt to dodge the attack, as the blast moved far too quicky for her to outrun, even if she tried. Her shields soaked the damage, greatly depleting them but it was enough to keep her standing and uninjured. The ice like hardening of her body took as much of the damage as it could before being consumed, while the rest of the volatile energy fazed through her as harmlessly as his scythe had before. Without waiting for the smoke to settle, Victoria tapped further into the Void, tracking Mars by sensing his physical body as he moved through the matter around him. A ray of gold, glittering stardust shot at him from within the smoke, the energy sharp enough to penetrate his armor should he not find a way to avoid it. Once it was released, Victoria sprinted along the ground, keeping herself a moving target and utilizing the thick smoke and debris in the air as a cover for as long as it would last.

WORDS: 736/3708 | @Johann
    Serilda Sinclair

Stats:

Current date/time is 10th May 2024, 10:20 am