Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Improving Team Creation And Possible Organization Creation

Edward Von Aurence

Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 15
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: TakeOver: Angel Soul
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Improving Team Creation And Possible Organization Creation Empty Improving Team Creation And Possible Organization Creation

Post by Edward Von Aurence 23rd February 2017, 7:38 am

During a conversation that I was having with a fellow member of the site the topic of ‘Teams And Organizations’ ended up coming up and from that, I thought I would make a suggestion or at least start a discussion on here regarding them. However, I would like to show the current rules regarding teams for those who are unfamiliar with them.

Improving Team Creation And Possible Organization Creation D7de5dd1348e4adbb16ef54364811cd6

The first part that I would like to discuss with everyone regards the requirements of team creation for legal wizards. Under the current rules, legal wizards cannot form teams unless they are members of the same guild or guilds are part of an alliance. This rule contrasts the requirements for dark wizards who are capable of forming teams with any other dark guilds and guildless wizards. Basically, allow legal wizards the same luxury that dark wizards and guildless wizards have regarding teams as long as they follow the job alignment rules. With this, legal mages would be able to make teams with other legal wizards and guildless wizards, but not with dark wizards.

The second part that I would like to bring to everyone’s attention is the creation of organizations. I know a number of people will say that members on the site can make organizations without making it a formal application which I will not deny. Organizations will simply increase the number of players on a team from 5 to 10. This came forth from when a few players before wanted to recreate a “guild” that was from the Fairy Tail Manga and Anime. Instead of going through the process of creating a guild, this would enable players to recreate organizations without a problem. If the first part of my suggestion is approved, then players can create even more interesting groups for both plot and exp growth. This also could translate into making guild creation much more difficult since we have quite a bit of guild already and even guild creation itself is closed. These are just general ideas that I had regarding the topic, but I would like input regarding this from other members and even staff.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

: Magic : Vault :Plot And History [In Progress]

Jobs: D : 6 | C : 0 | B : 0 | A : 0 | S : 0 | SS : 0 | 10y : 0 | 100y : 0

Current EXP Total: 150
    Total EXP Needed To Rank Up: 1200

Improving Team Creation And Possible Organization Creation Empty Re: Improving Team Creation And Possible Organization Creation

Post by Guest 23rd February 2017, 8:10 am

Ten on a team is a bit excessive in my opinion; whereas, five is the perfect amount because it's a lot, but not too many that it make things hard. Besides, teams are meant for jobs, which jobs are typically only a max of 6 people at most. Teams are "group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport," a.k.a parties, groups, squads, etc. Organizations, on the other hand, are "organized bod(ies) of people with a particular purpose, especially a business, society, association, etc," a.k.a companies, institutions, firms, corporations, etc. You don't need an organization to be officially registered on the site because it's not going to benefit things, it's just a way to loophole having more on a team to rank faster. They can be made just fine in character without the need to have them listed anywhere on the site because what good is an organization going to do? Nothing. The reason legal magi can only team with other legal magi of their guild or alliance guilds is because if you team with guildless characters, you can't determine whether they're a "legal" guildless or a "dark" guildless. Essentially, guildless magi, in a sense, are just "dark" magi that aren't bound by guilds because they can do whatever they want without the repercussions of the Magic Council. Whereas, legal magi are meant to be the "good" people, the ones who don't kill and actually are the "heroes" in a sense.

As for wanting to create a guild without actually creating one, you can do that in character just fine without needing to make it a team or anything. I don't understand why people want to go through all of that long process just to have a "guild" that isn't an actual guild when they can just have it as an IC aspect without all the fine print.

And by making it a team, at any point in time, staff can disband it if they see it necessary.

It's just creating more work for yourself and staff.
    Edward Von Aurence

Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Improving Team Creation And Possible Organization Creation Empty Re: Improving Team Creation And Possible Organization Creation

Post by Edward Von Aurence 23rd February 2017, 9:22 am

Marceline Anicetus wrote:
    Ten on a team is a bit excessive in my opinion; whereas, five is the perfect amount because it's a lot, but not too many that it make things hard. Besides, teams are meant for jobs, which jobs are typically only a max of 6 people at most. Teams are "group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport," a.k.a parties, groups, squads, etc. Organizations, on the other hand, are "organized bod(ies) of people with a particular purpose, especially a business, society, association, etc," a.k.a companies, institutions, firms, corporations, etc. You don't need an organization to be officially registered on the site because it's not going to benefit things, it's just a way to loophole having more on a team to rank faster. They can be made just fine in character without the need to have them listed anywhere on the site because what good is an organization going to do? Nothing.

While I do think the number could be less to maybe six or seven, I do not think there is any problem with an organization being officially registered on the site since if they are done right they can have a prolong effect on the site. It also helps with the number of people wishing to create guilds and the like since the only way to be truly noticed on site at the moment as any force of power is to be in a guild and only in a guild. We could have a group of H-ranks working together wanting to destroy the world, but because they aren’t a guild they won’t be a deemed a threat to any source. If staff applies this as well, they could make guild creation much harder so that way people won’t be able to just get five people and to make a guild. This also limits the true amount of guilds flooding the site since people can actually do things. Also these groups wouldn't truly be able to loophole much more than is already available since they will just end up earning EXP at the same rate that other people on teams would, and I don't think there isn't anything wrong with people ranking up faster through the methods that are already there instead of giving free EXP for socials and the like. If we are talking about loopholes, the only true one that is left now is mentors which are a free ride to B rank and if loopholed right you can become An or S rank on it since you don’t have to take your exam as soon as you get enough EXP. Stay at C-rank and go on a number of A-rank jobs with your mentor and get your triple EXP and boom auto A-rank. Even with the larger group method, you would still earn EXP at the same rate as people who do jobs with the team. Along with this, higher ranked people on the site might not be a bad thing. PVP isn’t really relevant so honestly rank isn’t that much of a deal, to be honest for most folks it enables them to be somewhat relevant during events since a D-rank or C-rank won’t do anything in them besides sitting on the sidelines. But I digress.

The reason legal magi can only team with other legal magi of their guild or alliance guilds is because if you team with guildless characters, you can't determine whether they're a "legal" guildless or a "dark" guildless. Essentially, guildless magi, in a sense, are just "dark" magi that aren't bound by guilds because they can do whatever they want without the repercussions of the Magic Council. Whereas, legal magi are meant to be the "good" people, the ones who don't kill and actually are the "heroes" in a sense.

Onward to the part about where dark guildless, legal guildless, and guild alliances. I would like to focus on the dark guildless and legal guildless first, I would like to think there is a difference between all guildless members. However, if you haven’t become infamous through your action as a guildless wizard then I don’t think they should be banned from forming teams with legal wizards. If we are going to this degree on what the council thinks, it would basically say that all guildless wizards cannot do jobs with legal wizards since they are dark wizards from your train of thought. To guild alliances, I don’t think that should really influence team creation among guilds unless there is some sort of true animosity between two guilds. If the two guilds are in neutral standing then the formation of teams should be allowed.

And by making it a team, at any point in time, staff can disband it if they see it necessary.

It's just creating more work for yourself and staff.

The last part is where you said it would be more work for staff and on the players. It really wouldn’t be that much more work to be honest, because the usual rules still stand because you would only be allowed in one group or team. So players wouldn’t be able to be in multiple ones.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Post by Guest 23rd February 2017, 9:57 am

Personally, I am fine with it, it may be a tiny bit flawed right now (everything and everyone is flawed xD) But it would be good to see some plans put in place if this is ever decided.
    Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the First Reaper
    Position : Sinner #5: Wrath
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 225,322.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Reckoning
    Second Skill: Death's Game
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 23rd February 2017, 11:05 am

I'm going to second what Lionel said. I like the post.

Improving Team Creation And Possible Organization Creation YdfXSKP
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 23rd February 2017, 12:52 pm

I don't mind the alignment part, I'm all for that.
    My only problem is going to be with Organization as that feels as a means to 'circumvent' the need of having to create a guild. Which I do not agree with. I think a team consisting of 5 people is a bit much to be honest, let alone creating an organization that reaps the same benefits of 1.5x EXP for doing a job together (which is more than guild members get -- 1.25x). While I do like the idea, it isn't something I expect/nor want to see implemented as that devalues guilds.

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Edward Von Aurence

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Edward Von Aurence 23rd February 2017, 6:03 pm

@Sal: I know it is a bit flawed, Sal, but that is why it is just a suggestion and discussion too so if we can improve it and allow people to voice their concerns regarding it. I do think I might have asked for a bit too much with ten people so maybe reducing the amount to 7 or 8 would suffice since the member base on here.

@Raiza: I am glad you approve of the idea ^^ Thank you a ton for your support.

@Ana: I do see your concern for the fact that ‘organizations’ might 'circumvent' the need to make guilds or undermine them, but with the limited resources that they would have it wouldn’t happen. I did use the term organization since I know that this site is “plot focused mainly” and for that, I thought many people who did make a larger scale group would have goals in mind for them. One example is the group of people who were trying to recreate a guild from the anime or a group of legal mages and guildless could try to form S.H. I. E.L.D. But I digress, guilds have too many benefits that a simple group earning a bit more EXP would have. Even if ‘organizations’ are improved, they would just get more EXP as the only benefit. Guilds still have access to the user only boards, sub-forum creation, guild spells, guild positions that allow players to reach H-rank without paying, access to the guild shop to buy guild only supplies, no character limit pertaining to group numbers, and being recognized on site in the form of boards and such. I don’t think that organizations would ever circumvent the need to make guilds.

Cielle
    Cielle

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Guild : Black Rose
    Experience : 1,206.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Paradise Control
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cielle 24th February 2017, 1:31 am

I feel like there's a possibility to treat Organizations along the lines of small guilds or potential guilds and even a story way to eventually rise up as a bigger guild like the ones we currently have. Sure they wouldn't have subforums, a group color, bank, etc. etc. and if people are really worried about EXP bonuses they could be lowered to 25% like a guild. However there's something alluring about the possibility and at the same time permits someone to test the potential for a guild without going for complete broke. I dunno, I guess I just like the story-ness of it. Admittedly I have few ideas what to give them in terms of a bonus to set it apart from having two teams be "Team: Organization team A" and "Team: Organization team B" name wise without them stepping into guild territory. Maybe they could simply have access to supply trains or buying weaker "guild spells" or "guild pet" type things? As an organization though they'd have to pay for them rather than receive them as a part of a startup cost.

Fernus Darkslayer
    Fernus Darkslayer

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Backed by Prophecy
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Mentor : Self-Taught
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Red Flame Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Fernus Darkslayer 24th February 2017, 3:40 am

I like the alignment idea, but organisations is stretching it. If there is a group of 10 members that are that keen on working together, they should form an official guild.

Last edited by Fernus Darkslayer on 27th March 2017, 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

"Second chances are important, but so is the law, break the law, I break you"

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 2:14 pm