Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Slayer perks

Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Position : None
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Memnarch
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tergiversation Arts
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Slayer perks - Page 2 Empty Re: Slayer perks

Post by Aria Beleren 9th October 2014, 10:36 pm

What I can say is that my husband proved me a bit wrong. It depends on how they are "trained" and the age of the character. IE Wendy doesn't have enhanced stamina.

Now we are back to where we started -_-

Anyway we can do that but I think since God Slayers and Demon Slayers can eat Dragon Slayer Magic they should have to PICK out only one keen sense. With the types of enhancements.. They can only pick one to start with at D rank then pick out another at B rank and finally at S rank. Stats can only be raised 10% regardless of rank. This helps stop the over powering abuse that is apparently going on.

Also if you get a stat raise, you should have to explain how you got it to begin with. Because all of the slayers developed it over time. INITIALLY it should have been judged in the rp sample that was sent to begin with. HOWEVER, you can explain it in your app.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 9th October 2014, 10:46 pm

Sounds pretty good. The diversity should help things be more fun where as the boosts shouldn't impact anything too much. I like the idea of us having to have a sort of RP of sorts to explain our boosts in those stats.

Will be fun to see what people do with these changes. Gotta figure out which keen sense fits Cir more but thats not all that hard really.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Slayer perks - Page 2 LxcTBIi
    Character Info:
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 10th October 2014, 1:08 am

That could work Cirven. Hmmm....

Slayer perks - Page 2 Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Slayer perks - Page 2 Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Slayer perks - Page 2 Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Felicity Vrago
    Felicity Vrago

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- God Slayer- A-Rank- Rich- Player 
    Lineage : Angel of Chaos
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Mentor : Conquest/Decayuss
    Experience : 56875

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Crimson God Slayer
    Second Skill: Conquest Take Over
    Third Skill:

Post by Felicity Vrago 10th October 2014, 1:15 am

Kyll Vie wrote:Stats can only be raised 10% regardless of rank. This helps stop the over powering abuse that is apparently going on.

Also if you get a stat raise, you should have to explain how you got it to begin with. Because all of the slayers developed it over time. INITIALLY it should have been judged in the rp sample that was sent to begin with. HOWEVER, you can explain it in your app.

I am actualy going to say that the % percentage does not even matter Kyll. We talk about percentages and throw them around as an excuse for super everything. What we dont have is the base human stats. What is it 10-25% boost of? Do we slayers bench press 100 pounds normally or 1000?

What I suggest is 4 builds for a slayer with determined BASE number of their physical limitations before slayer training. Strength, speed, durability and balance of 3. Only after wards should we get our percentage buffs which I will say 5% to the 3 three of above per rank. Remember players, at D-rank you are not the Juggernaut. You have to build up to it. If players think the stat boosts are too low then they can spend one of their ability slots to beef themselves up.

Most importantly my idea above allows characters to grow as opposed to being monsters at the start. They have to earn that godlike status.

Slayer perks - Page 2 P5l7Dxp
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 10th October 2014, 1:26 am

That could work. Be nice if the stat system actually came in then we'd have something to work from XD

How I plan to do senses:

Each slayer will get two enhanced senses. (God and demon might only get one, but thats to be decided). One of these enhanced senses will be slightly better than the other and will scale with rank more quickly than the other. For example:

Say my baseline as a human is to smell and see is defined by a 1(this is just an example)

As a dragon slayer at D rank I might choose to have my smell enhanced more than my sight e.g. 5% boost for sight, 10% boost for smell.

At each rank this would then go up as follows: Sight +5%, Smell x2.

So 10% boost for sight, 20% boost for smell.

As this goes on the gap between the two will get bigger till one sense is much greater than the other e.g. Cobra's hearing is far better than his sense of smell, whereas Natsu's sense of smell is far better than his hearing. However, Natsu has shown to have pretty good hearing.

So let me give you a table

Human    1                 1
    D Rank    1.05              1.2
    C Rank    1.1              1.4
    B Rank    1.15              1.8
    A rank     1.2              2.6
    S rank     1.25              3.2
    H rank     1.3              4.8  

This is an example, but still...what do you think.

Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Shen Hakuhei
    Shen Hakuhei

VIP- Demon Slayer- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Hybrid Theory
    Guild : Lamia Scale

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Heavenly Palm
    Second Skill: Gale Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Shen Hakuhei 10th October 2014, 8:13 am

I'm just gonna barge in and give my opinion on the entire numbers business concerning enhanced everything.

It is REALLY not necessary to put a number on ANY physical stat. Because if you put one number onto one thing, you have to put a number on ALL of them. Just take enhanced smell, and leave it as you can smell stuff better. RP responsibly with your abilities. There is no need for a table like Zack's. It doesn't give a proper image of anything once it gets IC and into combat.

Really, the only relevant thing inside an rp combat is distances and the rank damage count. Percentages barely mean anything. If someone has enhanced smell, they have enhanced smell. If they start godmodding, they start godmodding.

Also, I agree with the fact that god and demon slayers have never even shown to have enhanced senses. People just started putting it into their apps because it sounds cool and right.

And enhanced strength, speed and durability is kind of understandable as slayers morph their bodies into better versions of their bodies. So... them being physically more capable just makes sense tbh.

I agree with this:

Alongside the above, just some good physical buffs and story's done. I don't see the need for numbers in any of this tbh. What is a 10% boost in smelling supposed to do IC? You can smell the fajita that some NPC is eating down the street? Really, I don't see the need for it. Just plaster a definition of it into the rules and all's good. I have never seen problems with enhanced anythings (save for the fact that some past slayer apps read something similar to "Godly Strength" and "Is basically The Hulk")

But other than that, numbers seem out of place for such a minor mechanic. Slayers are just another magic, they don't need percentages put to their ability to smell or hear their opponent let out a high pitched fart. Overall, just place what they get in the simple style Kyll wrote it in, and it should be good imo.

Slayer perks - Page 2 Shen4_by_gramcrackers-db7e971
    / Character /

Battle Theme
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 10th October 2014, 9:48 am

I agree with Sango on this. We might be complicating things more than they need to be, especially when we are based on RP and story telling. Numbers can let anyone say "Hey I'm better than you" but any good RPer can work through the disadvantage with what they write down.

Also the perks with Demon and God slayers getting keen senses was something I added after seeing that others had it in their apps as their abilities from being a Demon or God slayer. It seemed like a common thing and like it came with the territory. Now I have enhanced senses in my Lineage though so not having keen senses won't affect me much if we do go with that for Demon and God slayers.

Honestly though I think that if we just make sure who ever is a slayer won't go around saying "I'm a god, bow to me!" to everyone we should be fine. I haven't really seen many issues with many slayers RPing like that though so I think we should be fine. I'm just hoping all of this is figured out soon so we can move on from this and go back to RPing and having our fun.

Slayer perks - Page 2 LxcTBIi
    Character Info:
    Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 10th October 2014, 9:51 am

Speed Demon Zack wrote:That could work. Be nice if the stat system actually came in then we'd have something to work from XD

How I plan to do senses:

Each slayer will get two enhanced senses. (God and demon might only get one, but thats to be decided). One of these enhanced senses will be slightly better than the other and will scale with rank more quickly than the other. For example:

Say my baseline as a human is to smell and see is defined by a 1(this is just an example)

As a dragon slayer at D rank I might choose to have my smell enhanced more than my sight e.g. 5% boost for sight, 10% boost for smell.

At each rank this would then go up as follows: Sight +5%, Smell x2.

So 10% boost for sight, 20% boost for smell.

As this goes on the gap between the two will get bigger till one sense is much greater than the other e.g. Cobra's hearing is far better than his sense of smell, whereas Natsu's sense of smell is far better than his hearing. However, Natsu has shown to have pretty good hearing.

So let me give you a table

Human    1                 1
    D Rank    1.05              1.2
    C Rank    1.1              1.4
    B Rank    1.15              1.8
    A rank     1.2              2.6
    S rank     1.25              3.2
    H rank     1.3              4.8  

This is an example, but still...what do you think.

Cobras hearing was boosted with the use of sound magic too.

Themes:
    Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 10th October 2014, 9:55 am

Sango wrote:I'm just gonna barge in and give my opinion on the entire numbers business concerning enhanced everything.

It is REALLY not necessary to put a number on ANY physical stat. Because if you put one number onto one thing, you have to put a number on ALL of them. Just take enhanced smell, and leave it as you can smell stuff better. RP responsibly with your abilities. There is no need for a table like Zack's. It doesn't give a proper image of anything once it gets IC and into combat.

Really, the only relevant thing inside an rp combat is distances and the rank damage count. Percentages barely mean anything. If someone has enhanced smell, they have enhanced smell. If they start godmodding, they start godmodding.

Also, I agree with the fact that god and demon slayers have never even shown to have enhanced senses. People just started putting it into their apps because it sounds cool and right.

And enhanced strength, speed and durability is kind of understandable as slayers morph their bodies into better versions of their bodies. So... them being physically more capable just makes sense tbh.

I agree with this:

Alongside the above, just some good physical buffs and story's done. I don't see the need for numbers in any of this tbh. What is a 10% boost in smelling supposed to do IC? You can smell the fajita that some NPC is eating down the street? Really, I don't see the need for it. Just plaster a definition of it into the rules and all's good. I have never seen problems with enhanced anythings (save for the fact that some past slayer apps read something similar to "Godly Strength" and "Is basically The Hulk")

But other than that, numbers seem out of place for such a minor mechanic. Slayers are just another magic, they don't need percentages put to their ability to smell or hear their opponent let out a high pitched fart. Overall, just place what they get in the simple style Kyll wrote it in, and it should be good imo.

Ty

And Alex what I mean by the boost in endurance and what not, I mean you are able to lift like a statue un buffed. Or you can increase your magic cabinet.

Themes:
    Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 10th October 2014, 10:25 am

So as far as smell goes. It's limited down to scent and when the person is in sight... Intent.

One last thing: A non canon based fairy tail rp by means of "plot line." However if you are to use a canon magic and base your magic off of that it needs to go with the story line Chaotic.

Themes:
    Felicity Vrago
    Felicity Vrago

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Felicity Vrago 10th October 2014, 1:42 pm

I have to disagree of one thing though Sango. If we dont put a limit, then we will have players lifting trees, surviving nuclear blasts with only a scratch, etc. We need at least a basis of what their limit can be even if its not numbers and even by using a comparison, smart players will use it as numbers. We need to come up with at least a generalized idea of what their physical limits are.

Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Tartarus
    Experience : 300

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hihiirogane (日色金) - Sun-Colored Metal
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 10th October 2014, 6:54 pm

Katherine Wickfield wrote:I have to disagree of one thing though Sango. If we dont put a limit, then we will have players lifting trees, surviving nuclear blasts with only a scratch, etc. We need at least a basis of what their limit can be even if its not numbers and even by using a comparison, smart players will use it as numbers. We need to come up with at least a generalized idea of what their physical limits are.

As I mentioned, rping what you got is rping what you got, and godmodding is godmodding. If someone starts powerplaying and just overextending their character limits, then that is just a general misconduct in the face of the countlessly times written general creed of rpers. "Respect your partners, dont gmod, dont powerplay, dont be stupid, just be respectful" yadda yadda.

And I actually said that I agree to just generalize a definition of it in the rules. But I don't see the need for the definition to be strict and exactly on point. There's really no need for it to be. Because in the long run, it wouldn't carry importance and there would be a point where someone rping that they smelled a Fajita 11 meters down the road would be godmodding because their limit that they could smell something in is actually just 10 meters.

My point: Write it into the rules, but dont turn it into a rule.

Felicity Vrago
    Felicity Vrago

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Felicity Vrago 10th October 2014, 7:48 pm

Maybe Slayer stats be slightly better than an Olympian athlete? That seems to be how most slayers RP their stats physically and sems to be within reason do to their training.

Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 11th October 2014, 7:28 am

I always think of it like this. Captain America is dubbed as a "Peak Human" in most forums and even on the Marvel Wikia. All of his physical boundaries have reached their utmost capabilities. That is basically the potential everyone can have if they just want to. I really see no reason to put a system for the physical capabilities of all of the characters who are just human out there. If you want to be as strong as you can be, go ahead. If you want to rp a weaker character who packs strength in other regards, go ahead. It ultimately makes little difference in a story-focused environment.

Now, in regards to Dragon Slayers, they would just be above Peak Human capabilities. Or in other words, their boundaries are not human boundaries. What a human can reach is not a Slayer's limit. So technically, they would always be a bit stronger, a bit faster and have a bit more stamina than humans. But as with non-slayer characters, slayer characters can also just choose how strong they want their characters to be in which regard. They don't have to make themselves reach their own peaks.

Imo, we don't need to sternly define the peak of a slayer's physique. It being simply above Captain America's peak should be enough to make for interesting story-focused fights that don't hold themselves up in mechanics and technicalities.

Or so I think.

Aayla
    Aayla

Knight of Water

Knight of Water

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Pluto
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 15
    Mentor : Hydrianna (Water Dragon), Deniel (Takeover)
    Experience : 8500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: 3rd Generation Water Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aayla 11th October 2014, 2:10 pm

Katherine Wickfield wrote:I have to disagree of one thing though Sango. If we dont put a limit, then we will have players lifting trees, surviving nuclear blasts with only a scratch, etc. We need at least a basis of what their limit can be even if its not numbers and even by using a comparison, smart players will use it as numbers. We need to come up with at least a generalized idea of what their physical limits are.
    This is also why you have people checking jobs afterwards..., or if someone is god modding, mention it! I pretty much agree with everything Sango said above, it just makes sense... too many numbers is REALLY frustrating to deal with. I'm at the point where I dont even want to look at my magic registration because the numbers are getting in the way of my creative thinking :(

My message of the day: Roleplay responsibly, don't be an ass hat.

Slayer perks - Page 2 Fc9659f1-c886-4f01-a734-cae0d61afbaf_zpsh3e1k6vj
    Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 11th October 2014, 2:12 pm

Aayla wrote:
    This is also why you have people checking jobs afterwards..., or if someone is god modding, mention it! I pretty much agree with everything Sango said above, it just makes sense... too many numbers is REALLY frustrating to deal with. I'm at the point where I dont even want to look at my magic registration because the numbers are getting in the way of my creative thinking :(

My message of the day: Roleplay responsibly, don't be an ass hat.

This also gives the argument of you signed up for it you volunteered for it. Deal with it. XD

Themes:
    Felicity Vrago
    Felicity Vrago

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Felicity Vrago 12th October 2014, 1:24 am

Have we even agreed to anything yet? We kinda been going around in circles, so I think we should list what we have agreed what works or not.

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 12th October 2014, 4:10 am

Nothing has been officially decided on staff wise except for senses. We have yet to fully flesh this out, but the concept is that the only senses which need to be enhanced really to give anyone any edge is sight, smell and hearing.

As such these will be the only one ss we are considering.

The idea is this:
    1. One sense gets super boosted, one sense gets mildly boosted and one slightly.
    2. Super boost is similar to somthing like Natsu's sense of smell or Cobra's sense of hearing(though without the metagaming aspect of hearing thoughts and movements)
    3. Mild boost is like halfway in between these. (Think natsu's hearing. Its better than humans by far, but nowhere near as good as his sense of smell)
    4. Slight boost is like just above peak human.

However, 2nd gen will get only 3 and 4 as they have the 'essence' but don't have the being raised by the dragon.

Seijin
    Seijin

The Panda

The Panda

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alt Account- Get Married- Get Divorced- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Hired Help- Devotee of Darkness- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Innocent- Guilty- Pardoned- The Completionist- World Traveler- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Monty Python- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Motor City Rush- Rainbow- Hero- Villain- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Royal Panda
    Guild : None
    Cosmic Coins :
    Dungeon Tokens :
    Mentor : None
    Experience :

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Panda Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Seijin 12th October 2014, 9:25 am

I think my idea is still the best.
    Krow
    Krow

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Mark of Cain
    Guild : Fairy Tail

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Krow 12th October 2014, 9:47 am

Seijin wrote:I think my idea is still the best.

While I think our being able to summon our foster Dragon or whatnot would be awesome, don't non-slayer's already view Slayer's as being overpowered? If we could summon our respective foster entity, then they'd just complain about that as well. And in the long run, being able to do that, would make us a good 10x more overpowered than people already believe us to be.

I mean, unless such a thing was made a special skill Slayer's cannot unlock until say A-rank or S-rank. If it was made an H-rank ability, only a very small amount of Slayer's could have the ability, since not everyone can reach that rank. We all have the chance to reach either A-rank or S-rank. Even if it were made an ability only a Slayer of those ranks can pull off, the duration would probably have to be incredibly small and the cool-down would have incredibly long just to even attempt to balance it out.

So all in all, while the concept itself is really cool, making it work fluidly so both Slayer's and non-slayer's won't argue over it would take forever. The minor issue of Slayer perks alone is taking forever to resolve. Given that alone, a discussion on a Slayer being allowed to summon their respective foster creature would be impossible to resolve. Primarily because Slayer's will typically be all hands on deck. While non-slayer's would be vehemently against the idea, as it gives Slayer's an advantage that a non-slayer can never obtain.

Slayer perks - Page 2 GbnUMK2

Missions In Progress:
    Total Exp.: 562.5 Exp
    Rank Up Ratio: 562.5/750= 187.5 Exp Needed.
    Felicity Vrago
    Felicity Vrago

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Felicity Vrago 12th October 2014, 2:21 pm

Krow wrote:

While I think our being able to summon our foster Dragon or whatnot would be awesome, don't non-slayer's already view Slayer's as being overpowered? If we could summon our respective foster entity, then they'd just complain about that as well. And in the long run, being able to do that, would make us a good 10x more overpowered than people already believe us to be.

I mean, unless such a thing was made a special skill Slayer's cannot unlock until say A-rank or S-rank. If it was made an H-rank ability, only a very small amount of Slayer's could have the ability, since not everyone can reach that rank. We all have the chance to reach either A-rank or S-rank. Even if it were made an ability only a Slayer of those ranks can pull off, the duration would probably have to be incredibly small and the cool-down would have incredibly long just to even attempt to balance it out.

So all in all, while the concept itself is really cool, making it work fluidly so both Slayer's and non-slayer's won't argue over it would take forever. The minor issue of Slayer perks alone is taking forever to resolve. Given that alone, a discussion on a Slayer being allowed to summon their respective foster creature would be impossible to resolve. Primarily because Slayer's will typically be all hands on deck. While non-slayer's would be vehemently against the idea, as it gives Slayer's an advantage that a non-slayer can never obtain.

AKA you don't want mt Dragon alt to pop out of your chest like Aliens.

Tuna
    Tuna

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 12th October 2014, 3:03 pm

Overall they would just get treated like regular summons and the balance would be found. Basically, if you dont want to undermine the strength of dragons, dont turn them into an ability.

Krow
    Krow

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Mark of Cain
    Guild : Fairy Tail

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Krow 12th October 2014, 3:29 pm

Katherine Wickfield wrote:
    Krow wrote:

AKA you don't want mt Dragon alt to pop out of your chest like Aliens.

Probably because that sounds incredibly painful. And honestly, I don't think such a concept should be allowed unless there is like a special event being held that is reserved for Slayer's that involves Acnologia or another immortal being.

Slayer perks - Page 2 GbnUMK2

Missions In Progress:
    Total Exp.: 562.5 Exp
    Rank Up Ratio: 562.5/750= 187.5 Exp Needed.
    Felicity Vrago
    Felicity Vrago

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Felicity Vrago 13th October 2014, 8:48 am

Anything else that we need to talk about here?

Current date/time is 11th May 2024, 3:14 pm