Name: Samira Nassar
Special Characteristics: N/A
There have been some changes to Samira ever since she first set out to become a working mage for a guild. Many experiences and events that have taken place shaped her further and brought her out of her once sheltered state. Her serious nature still exists, especially when dealing with important matters and people she does not know very well. In her view such circumstances should always be handled with professionalism and have it to where a good first impression can be made. In that state she can seem nearly emotionless due to her habit and skill at forcing them to remain suppressed and keeping her thoughts to herself or venting mentally to her spirits. She rarely argues and is at most times very reasonable.
That can all change very quickly if certain triggers are used against her. She is easy to embarrass and can be caught off guard in moments of awkwardness with no knowledge on how to properly react. With her friends and allies, especially the spirits within her magic, she allows it to show when she is annoyed and angered, but at the same time those same individuals can tell the difference in kindness that is used with them when compared with a stranger or minor acquaintance. More care and thought is given to them whereas a random nobody will barely receive more than a small smile. Samira can be nice enough towards strangers though, but she is rather blunt and has no issues with hurting someone's feelings. That can make people dislike her as a person, but that is of no concern to her. Only the opinions of those she has become attached to does she consider. That doesn't necessarily mean friends only get a happy and carefree Samira though. She is annoyingly the scolding type and will voice her complaints if she sees a friend or ally doing something wrong or questionable, even for the most minor of things. On the other hand, whenever a friend resorts to insulting or scolding her she can get hurt easily and take it to heart instead of being defensive or ignoring it. Insults from strangers or those she doesn't care about roll off her shoulders and has very little effect against her, at least in the way they desire. Her feelings would not be hurt nor would she really be angered under normal circumstances. She is human though, and a very prideful one at that. Strike the right trigger point and she may very quickly become an adversary.
Cruelty and torture are generally frowned upon by normal society and guilds, but Samira herself takes no issue with such methods. It can get results to many scenarios and often times is the quickest route. She is a firm believer in doing what it necessary so long as the cause is for good intent. However, those that resort to those methods for the sake of fun are revolting to her and she would be quick to put them in their place if she’s able. Killing in general also does not phase her. If she were to do such a thing it would be in self defense or as an act to protect another. Although, she much prefers allowing an enemy to make their own mistakes that ultimately lead to their own end. In a weird logic they killed themselves and she had no part in it whatsoever.
In combat she is much the same as she is outside of combat. She is patient and does not rush into battle. If a fight can be avoided and solved in a different manner then that route would likely be tried first. Unfortunately, not everything can be solved by being a pacifist. Samira is generally confident with her abilities to summon spirits, and has obtained some training in physical combat so that is would no longer be a weakness for her. Rather than stay in the back lines at all times like she used to, she joins her spirits and allies in battle and does what she can to ensure they all survive, no matter the role she has to take on. If there is one of her fears present in battle, she may worry but she is quite capable of forcing that fear aside and remaining focused. Keeping a calm and cool head is a top priority just as much as surviving is.
As a leader of a team she takes no issue with being delegated as such, but she would hope someone more qualified would be available for the role. She likes responsibility and being seen as an authority figure, but she lacks true confidence in her leadership skills to fully take over and enjoy it. Samira is also able to fight well enough while alone because of the type of magic she uses. Having allies around is preferred though.
- Laughing - Some mistake Samira for being too serious or mature but she loves laughing and many forms of humor. It isn’t hard to get her stuck into a fit of laughter and she likes how laughing can make all of her stress she may be having disappear.
- Children - Of those she considers innocent and helpless children are always the most precious. They are the legacy that paves the future for another generation of the world. Her patience helps her tolerate the more annoying ones and the sweet ones just make her smile. Fantasizing about one day having her own is a favorite past time.
- Learning - Samira is fascinated with things she does not know about and is therefore constantly learning new things as she sees them. Asking questions comes easy for her and she is not afraid of appearing ignorant since such a status would be temporary. Knowing a little bit of everything is better than knowing nothing at all.
- Legends and Myths - Ancient stories have always been some of her favorite stories since she was a child and she often wonders just how many may just be true. A lot of stories do come from actual events that have transpired even if as centuries passed the story got a bit exaggerated. She even likes to hear all of the tall tales that are local to the area she may be currently residing.
- Artifacts - Her family history contains those that were in the field of archeology. Studying ancient artifacts and even hunting them down is practically a family trait. She enjoys learning more about them and using her brain power to solve any mysteries that may lie with them. Exploring ancient ruins is also a favorite passtime.
- Flirtations and Mixed Signals - Due to some events that had happened since becoming a working mage Samira has come to dislike any form of flirtation. Originally they had only embarrassed her. Now they annoy her and cause her to get angry since they continuously serve as a reminder for past mistakes and stupidity.
- Dragons - Samira has run into quite a few dragons during her adventures. All of them proving to be nothing more than troublesome monsters that tormented her in some form. If she could and if she were an unreasonable person she would eliminate them all. However, she knows her experiences are not everyone's, and she is aware that her hatred for them is more because of one rather than all. They remain disliked, but nothing more. Her tolerance for them is low though, and it would not take much for her to consider one an enemy and monster that needs to be slain.
- Thugs, Brutes, and General “Bad Guys” - Causing misery towards other people for no other purpose than for selfishness and fun are on the list of things Samira very much despises. These people provide no real value to the world and are in the category of better off not existing.
- Alcohol - Samira does not drink such beverages. It messes with her mind which she prefers to be clear. Plus, she just can’t handle it well.
- Cowardice - Supreme bravery Samira understands does not exist within everyone, including herself. However, she does not like those that always run and hide from danger without trying to stand up for what they believe in or to protect what is precious to them. This dislike does not apply to children.
- Exploring - One day Samira hopes to see every inch of the world and learn all there is to know, especially the stories of each country. She enjoys the adventure even if nothing particularly interesting happens. Maybe there is even the possibility of being a famously named explorer one day in the far future.
- Making Friends and Connections - Having a good connection network makes information gathering quite easy and Samira wants a rather large one to help build her knowledge and gain opportunities. Naturally a good portion of those would be considered mere acquaintances, but there is always a chance she could make a few friends that she actually cares about.
- Getting Stronger - Originally Samira had only sought to increase her magical power. With the many experiences she has had in such a short time she has realized she needs more than just magical strength. She needs to also improve physically, emotionally, and mentally as well.
- Peace - Realistically there will always be conflict, but Samira hopes to continuously aid in bringing about peace to the land however temporary it may be. A world of constant chaos is not a future she would like to see.
- The Truth - Samira has set a goal for herself to find out the truth when it comes to the many mysteries of her life, both past and present. She desires answers and will not stop searching for them.
- Being Invisible - Don’t take this as the literal form as Samira would enjoy that temporarily just to check it off the list of experiences. This fear more revolves around the idea of constantly being ignored and people pretending she does not exist. The thought depresses her and to be completely alone with no one caring about her would be a nightmare.
- Losing Her Mind - Whether by some form of insanity or by a medical reason that causes her brain to be damaged she fears the inability to properly think. Gathering knowledge and thinking is her life and to lose the ability to use her brain would be losing her life’s meaning.
- Dark Tunnels - Samira is not a fan of pitch black tunnels of darkness that could have anything hiding within. As long as there is some form of light she is generally fine, but once in complete darkness with no way to tell what is happening or where she is walking she will have the tendency to get nervous.
- Being Abandoned By Those Closest To Her - Samira can eventually become attached to those she considers friends or close allies. She'll come to rely on them a lot and ultimately fears that one day she will be considered too weak or a burden for them. To her, that means they will abandon and no longer have anything to do with her, leaving her alone once more in the world. Since it has already happened once already she fears it happening again and experiencing the hurt feelings all over.
- Dolls - For Samira, instead of being cute these normal children’s toys and collectibles are quite creepy. The life-like ones especially make her shiver. Reading horror stories of evil dolls murdering people certainly did not help make her fear them any less.
Weight: 127 lbs
Hair: Dark green, long, straight, worn down rather than tied up
Skin Tone: Pale
Samira stands slightly taller than the average female and has a slim figure to match. Long dark green hair flows past her back with not so much as a single curl within the locks and contrasts heavily with her pale skin. Her bangs are also long and even, ending right before they reach her eyes which are a lighter shade of green and are marked by very noticeable black eyeliner. A slightly curved line is also usually drawn below the corner her right eye. She wears no other make up for she finds it quite unnecessary. Her figure is far from athletic and clearly lacks any sort of real physical strength of any kind.
Her everyday choice of attire is usually pretty casual with a bit of class. Her normal outfit consists of a long sleeve black and white top with a pair of black shorts. Thin brown tights cover her legs and upon her feet are a pair of black and gold colored heeled boots that nearly reach her knees. More noticeable is the fact she is also covered in gold accessories. A golden barrette is within her hair, large looped earrings are pierced into her ears, a round golden necklace, not to mention many bracelets and rings. Along her hip also exists a large round golden item that she uses as an over glorified keychain. A white choker that is similar in look to a collar is also around her neck.
Tattoo: Dark green, right shoulder
Last edited by Samira Nassar on 4th November 2018, 5:25 am; edited 19 times in total