Name: Mura Kensho
Special Characteristics: A wide, jagged scar runs from his left shoulder all the way down his torso and ends under his left hip. The right side of his hair is slowly whitening due to more than one factor...
Tired. Going with the flow. Taking things easy. Those are traits that Mura still possesses to this day, and old habits such as those die twice. Another immortal habit of his is his tight bond with those whom he considers family. The word family has meant everything to him throughout these 10 years in Fairy Tail, and while he used to see family as those with the same blood as his in the past, this has drastically changed as his vision of the term ‘family’ began to draw closer and closer to the guild that he left and returned to each and every day. His bonds to his guild now either rival that or have surpassed his bond of blood.
He's a big fan of taking things easy and in a carefree tempo, letting things happen before he decides other things. This is mostly a bad habit during social life, but this doesn't mean that he doesn't have any sense of fore- or hindsight.
He doesn't appear as the shy type, but it ain't a foreign characteristic of his - maybe it's his tired face, maybe it's his preferences. He can also appear as a lazy brat when it comes to daily life and routine. An idyllic day would be watching detective shows on the lacrima TV and napping on the couch in the guild hall while all needs and help are met by the sheer efficiency of his Aces- okay, that does make him out to be some kind of irresponsible dumbass...
Not exactly the most preferred leader qualities, but he gets by with his contribution to his guild in the end, so he doesn't see that as an issue. Besides, while his guildmates provide physically, he tends to provide mentally - he is quick to show kindness and consideration to those he meets for the first time, and if possible, he will lower his guard around them. He trains extensively to reach a point where he'll be able to lower his guards and raise them just as quickly around just about anyone he ever meets.
His love for swordsmanship and admiration for swordmen gave him a great love for the martial art from a young age. If there's any kind of spar that he loves, then it's with metal blades clashing in the air like classic Kurosawa samurai movies. Due to this, he has read a lot about the art of Kenjutsu and has even adopted his own kind of Bushido, and he knows about a lot of swordsmanship and skills possible of acquiring with a blade. This is mainly due to his family's status.
At this point in life, his greatest drive is to watch over his guild and be there for all his family members. He keeps things on a calm level and usually looks up in the sky most of the time, feeling the wind blowing his hair back. If you want to hang out with him, be patient; his rather carefree nature can be quite a hassle in the long run. Sometimes, he thinks very wise things and other times, he is just a plain-ass sloth with not one solid thought in his skull. But in the end, he hates to be anything other than himself to people. He puts a lot of effort to not go overboard with his nature and keep things under control, for it requires a lot of effort to clean up after himself, right?
Overall, he's a guy who wishes to live a very pleasant life... but if he's backed to a corner, then he won't surrender to anyone.
When in a battle, he keeps things in speed. He likes to keep it fast and to discover any openings on his opponent, utilizing his agility for the better. When things get difficult, he reveals his inner bushido and fights until the end. Albeit rare, he can get mad if his feelings overload, especially when fighting an enemy who knows how to get to his head. Despite his calm and friendly demeanor, he has set things in stone for himself; if he crosses an enemy of his guild, then he won't hesitate in executing them. Despite not being a fan of murder and not carrying any bloodlust, he knows when to get the job done for the greater good and has dedicated his life to pursuing that vision, and he's more prone to get his nails dirty for a noble cause than to act noble for a filthy cause. He doesn’t hesitate when making a decision and goes right for it, trusting his powers and intellect. If he is in trouble in a fierce battle, he will often take a deep breath, calm down and find a way out of the trouble.
He has realized that he owes his guild a lot of strength, so to avoid being a bother in the future, he regularly trains his body and magic. He loves sword battles the most - or any melee battle with melee weapons - and he thinks that they are the most exciting ways of combat and surpass the splendor of magic duels simply out of bias and feelings. He tried enough of it, but he can’t wait to clash swords with his next opponent (not in the lewd way, stop that, it's not funny). He usually trains his speed and agility the most; he sees it as the elementary part of the sword art. He has a habit of judging his opponents given by first impressions in the battlefield, but he can quickly be corrected if actively doing so.
1. Swords: He loves swords, since he'd seen them for the first time as a little child.
2. Detective Shows: He suddenly began taking an interest in detective shows. For some reason, he thinks that it'll help him develop a sense of criticism or deduction skills... and it's seemingly working.
3. Magic: Despite liking sword arts more, he'd been admired by magic from a young age and desires to master it too. As a boy who was born in a non-magical village, it was a world of wonder once he stepped foot into Fiore, and some of that wonder sense is still lingering inside of him to this day.
1. Poems; he thinks that poems are difficult and too much for him, so he usually gets annoyed when listening to a poem that he doesn't understand the meaning of.
2. Ashuras; There's a difference between killing due to desperation, a sense of duty and pleasure. Those who kill for the latter are labeled 'Ashura', evil demi-god-warmongers who only see joy in spilling others' blood. He doesn't trust those who seek entertainment in executions. That's not what he wants Fairy Tail to become.
3. Disturbers of Good Times; It will, no doubt, irritate him if the awesome time that he's having is disturbed by anything counterparting; as in destruction after peace, drama after fun and etc.
1. Number 1 Swordsman/Mage: He dreams to become the best sword master in the wide world. And he believes that even a guy, one who raised up among the masters of the sword arts, can be a splendid mage too.
2. Peace of Mind: One of the reasons why he's willing to take lives in his quests is because that he wants to ensure that his guild thrives in peace. Someday, he'll die, and he won't die leaving his guild in hostile hands...
3. Trust: He has been betrayed a couple times in his past, but he still wants to prove to himself that trust is strong within Fairy Tail, and it will always tie his guildmates together like strings through each others' hearts.
1. Bees are... frightening. The brrzz sound they make when flying near one's ear, their stings, their alerting colors, their sheer numbers... if not for their honey, Mura wouldn't know why they existed in the first place other than to scare him.
2. Places that are haunted are often also creepy to look at or venture through; a deserted church, a spooky forest (reference) and etc. is enough to creep him out.
3. Breaking the blades of a sword is the worst thing that can happen to him. He'll be totally stunned if that happens.
Height: 177 cm
Weight: 71 kg
Hair: His hair is half-long and dark-brown with a whitening on his right side.
Eyes: They're deep-brown.
Skin Tone: His skin tone is light.
Appearance: He looks muscular, but in a more slim and agile fashion that betrays just how physically competent he's become. His main choice of wear is an orange haori over a black gi with either a black hakama or leggings to boot, accompanied by equipment for his missions such as ropes, his sheath and WristLac. Another choice of wear is a black robe with yellow edges, loosely curled over the right side of his torso and the rest below.
Guild: Fairy Tail
Tattoo: On the right side of his forehead.
Tattoo Color: Turquoise.
Faction: The Luminous Covenant
Faction Chapter: Bellum
Last edited by Mura Kensho on 25th March 2022, 1:15 pm; edited 5 times in total