Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content!

Poll

Bring it back?

[ 2 ]
    Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! I_vote_lcap22%Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! I_vote_lcap56%Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! I_vote_rcap [56%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! I_vote_lcap22%Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! I_vote_rcap [22%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Triple_Hell

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Blizzard Wizard
    Position : None
    Guild : Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 5,256.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Precursor Drive
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! Empty Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content!

Post by Triple_Hell 29th November 2016, 6:20 am

I kinda want to see the Sorcerer's Weekly come back to the site. I mean it is a rather cool feature and a rather feels natural type of add on of the site.

Okay I would just like to say this first, I know some people are going to object to the idea. One it may be a not so used feature and feels like a waste of time to the people who actually bother to make the magazine. Two is that probably some people are not willing to take up the job of Editor of the Sorcerer's Weekly and that those that want to probably would not have the time as we have real lives here. Some have work, some have school, some are in totally different time zones. Three is related to the second, what is going to be on the magazine and who is gonna conduct the things there. Making magazines is hard, I know, you need manpower and time, to gather information, surveys, opinions and content. Also images and editing the magazine.

I have foreseen these. Trust me, I am not the most confident that it will go to plan nor even go the approve suggestions box because of the setbacks and cons above. But I just want to have a voice you know, help give stuff to the awesome community that exists in the forum.

So I got ideas, I have heard other ideas and thought I should include them too.

Below are the ideas for content in the magazine, I put tags next to them.
    (Y) means definitely put this in
    (M) means maybe it should be implemented.

• Patch Notes/Announcements(Y): I thought it would be a good idea for patch notes/announcements to appear in the magazine, as it makes the magazine more relevant to the site and useful, making it also something people may want to look through in case something changes or something has to be said. Sort of like the Editor's Notes at the front page.
    • Intros/Farewells of the Week(Y): Why not? We can keep the Intros/Farewells thread, but how many people are gonna actually say goodbye or greet the greenhorn? Like the patchnotes/announcements, it would make the magazine relevant to the site. Of course we don't have to actually put down like everything. It could be like the intros and farewells of a yearbook, putting a list down and quoting something they said.
    • OTMs(M): This was one of the ideas I heard and thought it would be nice. For every issue that the magazine that is on the end of the week, could do a feature Of The Month. Maybe like Magic of the Month or Hot Guys of the Month XD. This is a maybe because it may tick people off, especially the competitive and the jealous type.
    • Poster Girl/Boy(M): Now it would not be Sorcerer's Weekly without a poster girl or boy. It's a maybe because, one is that who to pick and how they should be picked. Two is because not everyone has a FC, so it is a disadvantage to those that don't.
    • Mage Feature(Y): This is a Sorcerer's Weekly thing too, but unlike the Poster Girl/Boy and OTMs, this would just a small interview with a prominent mage, like someone of the Saints or Gods, or someone who managed an extraordinary feat. Just make someone feel special you know, helps keep their spirits up. This could also be a Rising Star thing.
    • Magic Feature(Y): Well we wouldn't be mages if it was not for magic, and it seems appropriate if a magic is featured. Could be trivia on that magic or an interview with someone who uses that magic and their experiences with it. The focus is different of the Mage feature. The Mage Feature focuses on the mage, while the Magic Feature focuses on Magic of that mage.
    • News(Y): Like duh, do I need to say more?

It sounds over ambitious huh, well I don't blame you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! 21

Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! Empty Re: Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content!

Post by Guest 29th November 2016, 8:33 am

The Sorcerer's magazine is still in use, but due to the people who write being busy irl, is not often update very quickly, but does ge updated.
    Julius Seas
    Julius Seas

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Destiny
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 1,855

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Water
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! Empty Re: Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content!

Post by Julius Seas 29th November 2016, 11:36 am

Maybe we could have a back-up team for Sorceres magazine? Since most of the team is busy irl it could always be good to have a back-up team working on it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Squable:

Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! X9tEBuc
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plague Craft
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 29th November 2016, 2:18 pm

Instead of back-up, just expand on the team. And have those who are on the team right now, function as editors for the magazine.

Bass
    Bass

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms-- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Mentor : -
    Experience : 125

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Naknight
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Bass 29th November 2016, 2:55 pm

I'd also make it so its monthly in general as weekly is far too often.

Welcome Guest.

Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! 8Xdz1Cq

Current missions(0/6):
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 29th November 2016, 11:22 pm

Quarterly would probably be better for a forum website.

We had a team back in the day. However, there were complications due to who had what rights between the staff team and the Sorcerer Magazine team had. Long story short, attitudes eventually caused the last team to give the magazine the finger.

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Shen Hakuhei
    Shen Hakuhei

VIP- Demon Slayer- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Hybrid Theory
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Heavenly Palm
    Second Skill: Gale Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Shen Hakuhei 30th November 2016, 4:36 am

In my opinion, the Sorcerer's magazine should be a crowd sourced project.  All of its content should be filled with member submitted stories and articles.  Any member should be allowed to submit a story to the Magazine...  The "Magazine Team" should consist solely of a group of GFX artists and Editors who can brush up the stories and put them to pages, and credit the source.  

This way members won't feel left out of the spotlight.  If you want an article about yourself in the "Up and Coming's" section, write a little bit about yourself and submit it to the Team.  Or if you feel like you've accomplished something big and aren't getting enough recognition for it, write an article and submit it to the team...

The Team's job could be to put out information on certain sections of the Magazine, such as the Up and Coming's I just listed... This removes a lot of the hassle of a select few members being responsible for looking for stories to write about and instead puts all of the workload on to the general public and in theory should make the Magazine much easier to publish.

Bring back the Sorcerer's Weekly with new content! Shen4_by_gramcrackers-db7e971
    / Character /

Battle Theme

Post by Guest 30th November 2016, 5:29 am

I personally like the way the Sorcerer's Magazine is currently handled. There isn't anything wrong with it and no one's outright complained. The only thing that needs fixing is the inactive members that handle the issues, as well as getting a gfxer since there isn't one.

Post by Guest 1st December 2016, 6:33 am

If that is the case, then I feel that we should hire one or at least a few so them few people have a chance at GFXing if they so desire :) I think it would also help getting the creative juices flowing.
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 1st December 2016, 10:05 pm

I actually really like Shen's idea. Gives everyone a chance to submit something to the magazine. This way, things can be gathered and leave it up to the team to compile it into a nice and neat package.

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  

Post by Guest 2nd December 2016, 5:48 am

Anastasia Isayev wrote:I actually really like Shen's idea.  Gives everyone a chance to submit something to the magazine.  This way, things can be gathered and leave it up to the team to compile it into a nice and neat package.

^
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 2nd December 2016, 6:50 pm

Another thing I'd like to see is "user submitted advertisements" for IC reasons. Due to Black Sails having a front of being the "West Fiore Trading Company", an advertisement saying "hire us to haul your goods" is a good way for the guild to get business. It's also a good IC way to land ships (ya know. ships as in dating IC) for people as well. Just throwing that out there.

Wave your banner!  

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 5:13 pm