Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

More Tavern/Chat-Box Enforcements

Chrono
    Chrono

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Cursed Seal
    Position : None
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 450

More Tavern/Chat-Box Enforcements Empty More Tavern/Chat-Box Enforcements

Post by Chrono 17th July 2016, 10:49 am

This has already been addressed to Seijin, by the way, so whether or not he replies to this, he knows:

There needs to be more enforcing in the Tavern (sorry but I like that word better). People are bringing in dramatic topics, troublesome topics, negatively debatable topics, emotional topics, or bothersome topics. All of this should be banned from the Tavern. All it does is drive people away, anger them, bring negative attention, start fights, or cause clears and/or kicks. The Tavern is meant to joke around, have fun, and/or have some positive discussions with site-friends, newcomers, etc. The Tavern was meant to be a chill-zone, really, but it keeps on becoming this pool of bad blood.

I will admit that today (July 17th) at 1:15PM (EST), I foolishly contributed to somebody who started a topic like this, and refused to leave the topic be for about 5 minutes before giving up on the topic, and leaving the Tavern to avoid further attention (hopefully). I do not care if you need to vent, rant, or share some of the painful thoughts that come to your head. There is a private messaging system for a reason. There are also staff members who signed up to hear your concerns and questions, so why some people choose to bring their agony into the Tavern is beyond me. If you feel like your concerns need to reach out to more than one reason, private messaging can do that. Do not publicize it, especially since most - if not all of you - are smart enough to think ahead, and realize that what you say will be seen by others, and most likely addressed if it is in the Tavern.

Stop the people who even attempt to do this please. It just defeats the purpose of the Tavern, and makes people like myself today consider leaving. This sort of behaviour does not reflect what FT-RP is meant to be, and as seen recently, definitely not what the staff desired to see from members, or each other alike. Stop, stop, stop. Find another place to express your drama; friends, family, or people who have proven to you that they will hear out all the problems you have. A lot of you may not respond to this topic, but I bet you are surely nodding your head as you read this. Drama has to stop, and the people who bring it forward have to quit it, or quit, in general. This is a member-friendly community, not a member-repulsive community.

Whoever agrees, I recommend replying for some further attention. Freedom of speech certainly exists, but think of others before you decide to run a crazy topic along, yeah? Good. I will gladly sit and talk with anyone as long as they do not publicize an issue, and I know I am not the only one who is like this.

That is all from me.
    Ravana
    Ravana

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Frostfire
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Dragon's Bane Sword of Flame
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

More Tavern/Chat-Box Enforcements Empty Re: More Tavern/Chat-Box Enforcements

Post by Ravana 17th July 2016, 10:57 am

Chrono wrote:This has already been addressed to Seijin, by the way, so whether or not he replies to this, he knows:

There needs to be more enforcing in the Tavern (sorry but I like that word better). People are bringing in dramatic topics, troublesome topics, negatively debatable topics, emotional topics, or bothersome topics. All of this should be banned from the Tavern. All it does is drive people away, anger them, bring negative attention, start fights, or cause clears and/or kicks. The Tavern is meant to joke around, have fun, and/or have some positive discussions with site-friends, newcomers, etc. The Tavern was meant to be a chill-zone, really, but it keeps on becoming this pool of bad blood.

I will admit that today (July 17th) at 1:15PM (EST), I foolishly contributed to somebody who started a topic like this, and refused to leave the topic be for about 5 minutes before giving up on the topic, and leaving the Tavern to avoid further attention (hopefully). I do not care if you need to vent, rant, or share some of the painful thoughts that come to your head. There is a private messaging system for a reason. There are also staff members who signed up to hear your concerns and questions, so why some people choose to bring their agony into the Tavern is beyond me. If you feel like your concerns need to reach out to more than one reason, private messaging can do that. Do not publicize it, especially since most - if not all of you - are smart enough to think ahead, and realize that what you say will be seen by others, and most likely addressed if it is in the Tavern.

Stop the people who even attempt to do this please. It just defeats the purpose of the Tavern, and makes people like myself today consider leaving. This sort of behaviour does not reflect what FT-RP is meant to be, and as seen recently, definitely not what the staff desired to see from members, or each other alike. Stop, stop, stop. Find another place to express your drama; friends, family, or people who have proven to you that they will hear out all the problems you have. A lot of you may not respond to this topic, but I bet you are surely nodding your head as you read this. Drama has to stop, and the people who bring it forward have to quit it, or quit, in general. This is a member-friendly community, not a member-repulsive community.

Whoever agrees, I recommend replying for some further attention. Freedom of speech certainly exists, but think of others before you decide to run a crazy topic along, yeah? Good. I will gladly sit and talk with anyone as long as they do not publicize an issue, and I know I am not the only one who is like this.

That is all from me.

All of this... * Thumbs Up *

It's not the fact that we don't have enough cbox mods, just more or less some that don't realize what negative/debate-full topics can do to others. Unfortunately we live in a world where we have to be considerate of other peoples feelings and not be so selfish. We ARE ALL guilty of this in one way/day/form of another and thank you Chrono for saying something.

Hopefully cbox mods can put a foot down about this, and people can be polite enough to take it elsewhere. I don't want to cbox to disappear ( Which is a complete PRIVILEGE that we have in the first place considering past events )

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Post by Guest 17th July 2016, 11:38 am

Thank you for bringing this up, I'll make sure Chatbox mods are doing their job better. ^.^
    Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Blood
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Star Show
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Knight of Zero 17th July 2016, 1:13 pm

Will have to say though that I hope this dosent just turn into "You cant talk about anything site related in a negative light or anything like that." cause there has been that before when it comes to mods. I get its supposed to be chill zone however also its the only place some people can talk. While I can already imagine some saying "why not take it to pm" lets be real for a second and say nobody likes to have PM conversations.

As for saying why not take it to suggestions; ive seen the same suggestions talked about feverishly in CB die off once they hit the suggestion thread or mods close them in the past.

If its a clearly an argument then feel free to enforce though I hope people will understand the difference.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

More Tavern/Chat-Box Enforcements FtxZxrE
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 17th July 2016, 7:49 pm

Let's not lose our minds over this. It is dangerous to put too much cbox enforcement into place. When cbox moderators are pressured to tighten rules they can get a bit trigger happy with clears and kicks. Which isn't fun for anyone.

I'm all for avoiding awkward cbox moments of someone hopping in and dropping random depression bombs killing other wise lively conversation. But I am far more scared of thought police. A conversation doesn't have to be super kind and warm fuzzies to be good healthy conversation. I believe a good civilized disagreement can make for a very enjoyable and mentally stimulating talk. However cbox mods while under pressure to enforce rules can feel the need to force everyone to drop the subject any time everyone isn't holding hands and singing show tunes.

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Hikachu
    Hikachu

Grand Duelist

Grand Duelist

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Rainbow- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Destiny
    Guild : ɢᴀʀᴏᴜ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛs
    Cosmic Coins : 6
    Experience : 212.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ❅ ᴀʀᴄᴛɪᴄ ɴᴇᴍᴇsɪs
    Second Skill: ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ
    Third Skill:

Post by Hikachu 17th July 2016, 10:13 pm

Kirahunter wrote:Let's not lose our minds over this. It is dangerous to put too much cbox enforcement into place. When cbox moderators are pressured to tighten rules they can get a bit trigger happy with clears and kicks. Which isn't fun for anyone.

I'm all for avoiding awkward cbox moments of someone hopping in and dropping random depression bombs killing other wise lively conversation. But I am far more scared of thought police. A conversation doesn't have to be super kind and warm fuzzies to be good healthy conversation. I believe a good civilized disagreement can make for a very enjoyable and mentally stimulating talk. However cbox mods while under pressure to enforce rules can feel the need to force everyone to drop the subject any time everyone isn't holding hands and singing show tunes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Besides, the mods are able to kick or ban the person if they're going too far with the topic. I honestly don't think there's any necessary rules to be applied to the chat box. If you feel like the person is being too rude, feel free to report to the staff. I'm pretty sure they'll take some action.

More Tavern/Chat-Box Enforcements JhB4MAf

Profile | Magic | History | Vault

theme | battle theme

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth God Slayer
    Second Skill: Light Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 17th July 2016, 10:24 pm

All I have to say on this is that when I tell someone I'm kicking them and to come back later I don't mean to log right back in. I do it so that you guys can take a bit and calm down. I don't like to tell people what they can talk about but when you are making everyone uneasy it needs to be done.
    Ammon
    Ammon

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Guild : The Garou Knights
    Experience : 162.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chains of Resonance
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ammon 18th July 2016, 1:36 am

Its a community and a community will disagree. I find the tavern a much swifter way, and more reliable, to discuss a topic rather than resorting to PMs (which is generally only really suitable for one on one conversation) or Skype (which is buggy as fuck most of the time). Providing the topic isn't getting out of hand and devolving into an argument I don't see an issue.

Its 'the tavern' after all. Taverns will have discussions.
    Indiana Jones
    Indiana Jones

Void Tyrant

Void Tyrant

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- God Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Caine's Descent
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ragnarök
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Indiana Jones 18th July 2016, 4:46 am

Honestly, as long as the discussions are kept civil and there's no insulting of others, there's no problem with this. Also, if someone has a problem with something that is said on the cbox, why not just tell it to the people who are talking about it, i'm quite certain they will consider you then.

There's no point in making more enforcement about things that a few people find troubling, if stuff doesn't get out of hand, there is no problem. It has always been like this.

And Chrono, i saw what happened on the cbox, it wasn't half as bad as you say. Isaac was just talking about the site and reflecting their opinions, that's it, nothing bad, people have opinions and have the right to say them. As long as it's kept civil, which tbf, it wasn't, but that's more like both of your faults.

Just putting in more enforcement, discourages talking and makes it so you can't say a lot, only those things that everyone agrees are good. But this isn't how it works, not at all.

So just keep civil about things and if someone asks to stop, stop, not that hard. No need for any more enforcement.

More Tavern/Chat-Box Enforcements 18jWfhn

Character
    Main Theme Battle Theme 1 Battle Theme 2
    Chrono
    Chrono

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Cursed Seal
    Experience : 450

Post by Chrono 18th July 2016, 12:33 pm

Some nice counterarguments, to be honest.

Firstly, I do not expect a hand-holding system if this suggestion is approved. All I wish for is that people watch what they say. I know people are capable of acting more lawful or professional in the tavern - that's all I'm asking for. I doubt - especially after it was addressed by Kira - that staff will be more "trigger happy" let's say after this post, but if you guys thought this was the type of enforcement I was aiming to see, I apologise.

However, if possible, there should at least be minimal negative comments, right? I realise not seeing such is inevitable, but let's not display these negative comments via whining, insults, or willingly initiating drama in the tavern. If we could just be more mature about what we say (myself included (sorry Isaac)), then I will gladly attend to all the tavern has to say, knowing problems will be limited, if not easily resolvable.

Indy, let's not centre this around one event please. I understand your point, and am glad you addressed the most recent incident that led to this suggestion, but Isaac and I aren't the only cause. This has been a phenomenon. This is a PG-13 site, meaning everyone should have a well-developed mindset, right? Let's show that we really are mature, and eliminate this trend. We should not consider this as something similar to tradition on this site. Yes, I know everything can't be positive here, and everyone certainly has freedom of speech, like I said, but there are also people who would rather not witness immature behaviour.

To the staff, if you can improve the system so issues like this are further enforced, just assure people including myself act more like an adult than a child, alright? That's all I ask. As for regular members, just like the staff, be more respectful of others' feelings. I promise to thoroughly follow everything I suggest here.

That is all.

More Tavern/Chat-Box Enforcements CHRONOSIGGY_zpsy2d07lmt
    Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the First Reaper
    Position : Sinner #5: Wrath
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 225,322.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Reckoning
    Second Skill: Death's Game
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 18th July 2016, 12:38 pm

theres a reason I dont go to the cbox much. This is exactly why.

More Tavern/Chat-Box Enforcements YdfXSKP
    Kariline
    Kariline

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Experience : 900

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Take Over Guardian Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 18th July 2016, 6:36 pm

Instead of "tighten enforcement" lets look at this as more of a reminder to chat mods AND members to act respectful.

Ive seen chat mods fly off the handle and start a big mess in the tavern as well as members.

Sure you can have discussions and some debates but if someone feels that the situation is too much then that is the moment that a mod can step in.

I also want to say to members, (while I am guilty of this as well) the site is pg13 and we do have younger folk that come in. Be sure to keep the mature stuff away okay? All is takes is one report to forumotion...

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 2:00 am