Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Social EXP?

Makosuki
    Makosuki

Player 
    Lineage : Demonic Carnage
    Position : None
    Guild : Garou Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Take Over: God Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Social EXP? Empty Social EXP?

Post by Makosuki 15th February 2016, 7:48 am

So I don't know what gave me this idea, but i thought it was pretty neat.

So I was thinking that we could get EXP from social threads. Obviously, not as much as doing a job, but still something to encourage social threads more. And the system could work a little something like, 10 EXP per page or so. So like, a 4 page social thread would end up with 40 exp to all that had participated.

Thoughts?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Guild : Sabertooth 《Guildmaster》
    Cosmic Coins : 400
    Experience : 60,342

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fires of Creation
    Second Skill: The Riyenas
    Third Skill:

Social EXP? Empty Re: Social EXP?

Post by Aura 15th February 2016, 9:05 am

I moderate on a site where this is daily business. Seeing how high the ranking exp lays once one hits C, I don't think it would be such a bad idea to integrate it. It doesn't necessarily have to be an extreme amount of exp that one could be able to ear though; as Mako said, a certain amount of EXP per page; you could even add a minimum word count per post so people don't go mass-spamming oneliners and rack up experience like it's nothing. Maybe even add some bonus exp-point for storyline, the amount of members involved and perhaps the grammar used? This is the grammar-nazi speaking, sorry about that... Either way, I'm quite sure it could give some people that extra push they need to get their characters and stories going again, as well as encourage them to do some joint threads aside from missions.

Not wishing to butt in on The Ways of EXP-earning here though, but I do think it'd be worth to give it a thought or two, and who knows maybe even use this system in an event-related chapter as a test to see things work out?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

Social EXP? GWsGXSQ

.:} The Road of Desire |Fire Dragon Slayer | Kenna Terrynhain {:.
    .:} The Nightmare in Your Head | Avide - Combat Pet {:.

D~4 ||C~4 ||B~2 ||A~ ||S~

Slots: 4/6

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 15th February 2016, 9:39 am

I don't think social exp is needed. I've got all the way to H rank without it.

Social exp has been suggested a lot, but this is actually probably the simplest way to do it.

However, it puts strain on the already undermanned staff team.

I don't think it needed and it doesn't make sense. EXP is signifying the mage growing in strength as a mage. Hanging with your buddies doesn't do that.

The reward for doing socials is to form bonds with other members and to gain jewels from more posting. That should be the incentive though I suppose staff could raise it a little

Social EXP? Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Social EXP? Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Social EXP? Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Aura 15th February 2016, 9:50 am

Speed Demon Zack wrote:I don't think social exp is needed. I've got all the way to H rank without it.

Social exp has been suggested a lot, but this is actually probably the simplest way to do it.

However, it puts strain on the already undermanned staff team.

I don't think it needed and it doesn't make sense. EXP is signifying the mage growing in strength as a mage. Hanging with your buddies doesn't do that.

The reward for doing socials is to form bonds with other members and to gain jewels from more posting. That should be the incentive though I suppose staff could raise it a little

Honestly, you could be surprised at what people can come up with... Then again, I should stop comparing 'my' site with this one, where we even needed to train our spells to be able to use them. Though unlike you say, there are still people going on adventures during these 'social' threads and get to know one another during a fancy mock-battle, when hunting down the bad/good guys,... without it being job-related. But then again, said shortage of staff and the effort needed to make do with such changes is indeed quite a strain, don't even mention how hectic it may be at first. So, point taken.

I think I can help you there, though. Since this site helped invigorate my writer's flame the least I can do is return the favour...

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

Social EXP? GWsGXSQ

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 15th February 2016, 9:57 am

Aye, but let's say we take it as exp per page.

If we have ten people in that thread then each person needs to post once then they get 10exp. However, if two people post it each of them has to post five times to do it.

I would much rather us adding a training system for spells and that provides exp.

However, as i've said before in other threads like this, if you wanted to make a fun adventure type thread then just make a job and that way you can get more exp and build it however you want. Don't even have to define much on it either

Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Aura
    Aura

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Aura 15th February 2016, 10:14 am

That indeed is something that didn't come to mind while typing the previous post... It's hard to fight for victory in this discussion, but all the more fun for me. Anyway, I saw that another thread had proposed for a certain amount of words vs a set amount of exp as well, but seeing as how you'd need to word-count every post to make sure they did everything by the book that'd be quite an issue.

Maybe you could do this:
    1. A set amount of EXP per post done in a social thread? Eg. 1 EXP/post for D-rank, and then multiply the amount of exp exponentially for the upcoming ranks? (I'd gladly calculate that for you if you want).

Although this method would call for another thread dedicated to Socials, where each thread should be checked and every post counted. A lot of work as well...

2. Add exp for the amount of words that exceed the minimum word-count for jobs. Eg. For every 300 words above the minimum word count you could add 2 exp? I know you guys just took down several jobs to get rid of the bonus exp, but I still think its worth mentioning. A no you have, a yes you can get.

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

Social EXP? GWsGXSQ

Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Goddess
    Guild : Laughing Coffin?
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Experience : 0

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 15th February 2016, 10:20 am

All of that has been considered in the past, but with how many socials their are on site that would be a insurmountable task. Not to mention that doing it would make them far more prevalent, we would need three to four times more staff just to handle that, not to mention the fact that some sort of control would need to be put in place. Not to mention that it could be abused rather easily meaning we would have to put a min word count just to stop it... making Social no better then jobs.

Social EXP? KF68skC
    Aura
    Aura

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Aura 15th February 2016, 10:32 am

Not necessarily, if you could capture a few peeps dedicated to the matter you could surely manage. I for one wouldn't mind doing that, as I did that on my own at a certain moment, and note that those were social threads that needed grading with more than just counting posts, but also added length, grammar, story progress, engagement of all parties involved and possible spells in need of training that needed separate grading on top of that. Agreed, the forum I was on didn't count as many people, but you surely wouldn't need four times the amount of staff you have now. We were with a five-headed team (Including two admins included, of which both had a small part in grading).

I'm not saying it's a piece of cake though, but it IS manageable if you know how to play the right cards. Then again, I do get that it has to be manageable for the entire staff as well... who knows, maybe in the future you could consider trying? If you start it at a certain date and implement this to the threads made from that date forth it wouldn't be so hard, neither would there need to be that much control. Have a bit of fate in your memberbase.

Anyway, I'm getting pushy again. After all, this is just a repetitive suggestion. ;)

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

Social EXP? GWsGXSQ

Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Goddess
    Guild : Laughing Coffin?
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Experience : 0

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 15th February 2016, 10:40 am

We have to many issues as is as of right now, we can't afford to add any more until we fix the ones we have. Its been considered many times but every time a bigger problem is present, the fact is staff does not read 80% of thread as is. So adding this is going to just start more issues, this is not a good time to even consider this kind of thing.

Social EXP? KF68skC
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 15th February 2016, 10:59 am

Main issue is we barely have enough active staff for what we have now. Let alone more stuff.

Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 15th February 2016, 2:41 pm

Well, I think having EXP for socials wouldn't be a bad idea.  It'll, at least, give incentive to do socials on this site.  Socials are very few and far in-between on this site from what I gather due to the heavy emphasis on doing jobs.  People usually don't want to go to the beach and have fun in an RP.  They always want to fight fight fight and roll dice all day, week, month, year.  

So I don't personally see an issue with rewarding EXP, even if it's just a few, for a well-written social.

Then again, most people also ranked up with the various double EXP jobs that were available at the time (which that's a story for another time).

Makes me wonder how many people got up to a high rank that actually performed socials. Makes me wonder.

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 15th February 2016, 5:10 pm

I'm going to ask we pin this to the wall for now.

As stated by MANY members of our community; Dev team needs to fix what's broken before we add more things to the site. If we divide work load up, and have 1 person making new stuff, and the other 3 or 4 people working on patching stuff that's not too terrible but as is, we have a couple people working on new stuff, and only 2 or 3 of use working on patches. I'm occupied with both types of tasks myself, one of which is making me want to punt a midget.

I'm going to say that social EXP can be a good idea. It really can, I'm seriously agreeing with you Makosuki and Anastasia; but right now isn't the time to develop a major system like Social EXP. What makes the system major is that there's many variables that should be accounted for, and the dev team doesn't have enough resources to calculate them all. We even had to employ a couple more devs to help with the current list of things to take care of.
    Makosuki
    Makosuki

Player 
    Lineage : Demonic Carnage
    Guild : Garou Knights
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Take Over: God Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Makosuki 15th February 2016, 5:33 pm

Okay.

So from I what I've read, most people like the idea, just not at this time. So it might be though of in the future?

Correct me if i'm wrong.

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth God Slayer
    Second Skill: Light Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 16th February 2016, 12:20 am

If we can get things resolved on the dev team and fix some issues that need to be hammered out then in the future this will likely be brought up again. We all want to try to get some xp going for social threads but right now it's a big task that needs to be gone over with a fine comb. If your getting my meaning.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 6:29 pm