Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Magic, Item, Wapon, etc Approvals

Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Magic, Item, Wapon, etc Approvals Empty Magic, Item, Wapon, etc Approvals

Post by Anastasia Isayev 14th August 2015, 11:32 am

Well, with how strict some things are in this game and with how possibly shady some individuals can be, I would like to make a proposition when approving weapons and such.

In the approval process, the moderator judging the items really oughta copy/paste the completed versions of applicable items (possibly in a spoiler just above their approval stamp).

This way, if someone decides to make edits to something (say, cosmetic edits), another mod can compare what was already approved with what was changed. If it was changed and the player is trying to pull a fast one, it could easily be caught with a record of what (exactly) was accepted by the staff

TL;DR: The staff copy/pastes exactly what is approved in their approval post for better turn-over to other staff members and so everyone knows exactly what product was approved and in which state it was approved.

---
    I also want to add for weapon/spell/etc creations, a list of things you can't have listed somewhere: Such as unbreakable weapons, acceptable speed of things, etc etc.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Daddy
    Daddy

Lord of Domination

Lord of Domination

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Demon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Ice Cold
    Experience : 944

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blood and Bones
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Magic, Item, Wapon, etc Approvals Empty Re: Magic, Item, Wapon, etc Approvals

Post by Daddy 14th August 2015, 1:21 pm

This is actually something I was going to intend on doing if/when I approve a magic. xP

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Magic, Item, Wapon, etc Approvals JAgwtRZ
    Tess
    Tess

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Inuki: The Demon Dog
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 3,950

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Numb Angel ❅ Ice Devil
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 14th August 2015, 1:26 pm

OR there can be a rule where when mods unlock things, they have to write a post with a quote of the old approved/original version.  I know a few mods did that, but a lot of them don't.  But I think this is a good idea ~

However, about the list of things... there are issues with that, especially with listing acceptable speeds and such. The original reason we didn't have such a list is because the admins & mods don't want players pushing their spells to the very limit of what is acceptable. It's been discussed before, having this kind of list and that's the reason that was come up with.

I WONDER WHEN THIS WILL ALL DISAPPEAR
    ❅STARING OUT OVER THE SKY, I SAY DREAMS ONLY, MAKE THE PAIN STOP. THEN I WAKE UP. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER❅

Magic, Item, Wapon, etc Approvals PXRL2Kd
    CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 14th August 2015, 11:59 pm

Anastasia Isayev wrote:Well, with how strict some things are in this game and with how possibly shady some individuals can be, I would like to make a proposition when approving weapons and such.

In the approval process, the moderator judging the items really oughta copy/paste the completed versions of applicable items (possibly in a spoiler just above their approval stamp).

This way, if someone decides to make edits to something (say, cosmetic edits), another mod can compare what was already approved with what was changed.  If it was changed and the player is trying to pull a fast one, it could easily be caught with a record of what (exactly) was accepted by the staff

TL;DR:  The staff copy/pastes exactly what is approved in their approval post for better turn-over to other staff members and so everyone knows exactly what product was approved and in which state it was approved.  
    As said before, many moderators don't do this but there's some who do. However, I do agree it should be a rule for them to do, as I prefer knowing that when I edit my stuff, the mod grading me knows for a fact that I didn't change more than what I claimed to change.
    ---
    I also want to add for weapon/spell/etc creations, a list of things you can't have listed somewhere:  Such as unbreakable weapons, acceptable speed of things, etc etc.  

The reason we don't do this is the same reason we don't post the min and max for any spells, aside from damage output. If we were to post that the max for... say, a damage buff, is 25% "depending on the weaknesses" people would all be trying to get damage boosts to 25%, but skip the weakness that's deserving of it. Additionally, on the flip side, if we posted the max and minimums for... anything... then people would feel constrained to that set of rules. No one would want to think outside the box because we made the box a coffin. Magic on site is beginning to blend together because we have such stringent 'guidelines' for magic, but it'd be much worse if we had the rules posted.

This was something I initially posted as a suggestion, but I came to realize after looking at a few magic apps myself that it's best we keep the 'guidelines' as an unsaid rule. One of the few unsaid rules that gets my approval stamp on.

my comments in this color.
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 15th August 2015, 1:23 am

I have asked the mods to this. I won't make it a hard and fast rule, but it is something i have asked them to do

Magic, Item, Wapon, etc Approvals Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Magic, Item, Wapon, etc Approvals Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Magic, Item, Wapon, etc Approvals Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 8:14 am