Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event]

Sojiro Sakura
    Sojiro Sakura

Player 
    Lineage : The Hero Spirit; Athos
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : The Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 18,535

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Empty Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event]

Post by Sojiro Sakura 20th July 2021, 2:37 pm

Event Details:

When Sojiro had heard about that the nearby town of Hargeon had been planning an event, with free food and prizes for those that did well, he had already begun to formulate a plan. The first step was to find others to help him, which wasn't that hard since having found Takumi in this cursed land but the two of them wouldn't be enough. The only guild that he had been in was disbanded and he hadn't really been close to any of the other members of the guild, so the only person he could have thought to invite was Thaddeus; someone whom he hadn't met all that long ago. With the three of them, it would be much easier to go and conquer the competition, taking the best prizes for themselves. So, when the day to go to the beach had finally arrived, Sojiro had gathered his men and headed towards The Beach.

Arriving at the beach would be a sight that would amaze most but, seeing the groups of people and loud children across the beach, Sojiro couldn't help but wear an annoyed look on his face. His eyes would glance out towards the ocean every so often, admire the beauty and the moment he could get into the water.

Out of all the things that Sojiro had brought to this world with him, one of them just so happened to be his swimming gear from being the Captain of his swim team. The blue-haired man wore a pair of black flip-flops, only his tracksuit top which was white with light blue strips on the top of his body, and a black speedo with blue stripes to match his jacket. The jacket was open, exposing the man's toned and muscular form that was beneath, though he was more of a leaned fit than hulking muscle. Hell, with what he was wearing, the man left little to the imagination.

But, once taking stock of everything, the man would adjust the red prescription goggles that hung from his neck and would look at the two men that came with him, wearing a serious look on his face and fire behind his eyes,
    "Alright, the goal is simple. We need four leis to win, so we'll split up and gather some before coming back to meet at the feast scheduled later." His eyes would move between the two men before giving a firm nod of his head, "I'm going to surf, I wasn't half bad back home." He would extend his hands outwards to rest on each of their shoulders, "I'm counting on you both, I'm broke." And with that, he'd turn on his heels and head off towards the surfing contest.

WC: 451

Last edited by Sojiro Sakura on 27th July 2021, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

-----------------------------
    Sojiro Sakura
    --------------------------------
    The Hero Spirit Contract (Lineage)
    -----------------------------------
    Archeron's Curse (Magic)
    -------------------------------------
    Sojiro's Organization Folder
    ---------------------------------------

Sojiro Action Text: #0066ff
    Sojiro Speech/Thought Text: #ffffff
    The Hero Spirit's Text: #990000
    Believer
    Believer

Player 
    Lineage : Master of the Other World
    Guild : Less
    Experience : 16,460

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Yin Yang Lightning
    Second Skill: Material Advantage
    Third Skill:

Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Empty Re: Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event]

Post by Believer 20th July 2021, 6:54 pm

Sand. So much sand, was the only thing going through Tad's mind when Sojiro mentioned going to the beach. The beach? Who willingly goes to the goddamn beach? Despite his strong dislike of the beach, there was something about Sojiro (Sure, he's incredibly handsome, remarkably toned, and single.) but it was his charisma that really drew Tad in. The same charisma that now had Tad drooling over Sojiro's body as he marched off to begin surfing. I could definitely get used to hanging out with this guy, EYE CANDY galore!

After someone had surely gotten him out of his reverie, Tad would grunt about the fact that he was now forced to play in the... sand. How did he get selected for the sand castle event? Following Taku to the proper arena for the competition before asking "I'll do design and supervising while you do the construction? Seems like a suitable means of dividing up our labor, I think." He then perused the provided sand building equipment, attempting to formulate a plan to create the most wondrous sand castle the world had ever seen. He ignored the shovels, presuming Taku could use whatever tool he wanted, focusing mostly on the buckets and ornamentation that could be affixed to the sand castle. Tad's yellow active wear outfit was truly bright in the sun's rays, but he was glad he had chosen to wear it because the sun was really beating down on everyone. Luckily, there was a cool breeze coming in from the ocean to keep all of the builder's cool enough as they worked.

"You might should warm up, do some stretches or something." Tad instructed his sand castle building partner, never looking up from the assortment of tools beneath him.

Total: 291/2000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Takumi Yoko
    Takumi Yoko

Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Experience : 16,323

Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Empty Re: Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event]

Post by Takumi Yoko 25th July 2021, 5:40 pm

Life in this new world was still something Takumi had to get used to but when Sojiro suggested they attend a beach party of sorts, he felt like he could really get back into element there so he was more than happy to join him and compete for prizes in various tasks. Thankfully the weather was perfect for a day at the beach, nice hot weather, minimal clouds in sight and a decent breeze, honestly he had to wonder if this was just another magical thing, somebody changing the weather to be perfect for the event.

Speaking of magic... He still had to figure out how to do the whole magic thing himself... Maybe something to create clothing, his own attire was essentially just a pair of plain blue swimming shorts he managed to buy during his small time in this world. The rest of his clothing he had to carry around in a neat folded stack with his leather jacket hanging loosely around his left shoulder. His other shoulder came to be under the grip of his friend, the ever serious man reminding them of the plan before taking off to go surfing.

Money would be another nice thing to have in this world, he wasn't quite used to begging for money and he would prefer not to have to explain what he needed and why he didn't have money just yet. "Not a problem Soji! We'll get us that money in no time!" He'd call out to his friend as he made his way to surfing contest.

"Well Tad, let's getter' going!" Ever eager, he'd get the other man to move with a pat on his back before he'd begin leading them off to the sand castle contest area, his eyes taking in the sight of the other people already looking to begin their own castle. When they finally arrived and Tad offered a plan, it was one that Taku was happy to take "Can't say I have much of an eye for design and planning so it works for me." His reply came with a toothy grin as he looked over the tools he'd be working with alongside the shorter man.

The suggestion to stretch wasn't a bad one, it was always something he did before a workout and while he doubted he'd build up any sort of sweat doing this, he wouldn't really lose anything if he did warm himself up for any future physical tasks. "So Tad, Soji didn't really tell me how you two met..." He'd begin to attempt to open a conversation with the green haired man between his short warm ups consisting of small stretches to loosen up his joints.

Total: 448/2000

Takumi Yoko

He's here to help!

Speech: #cc9900

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Kohl's Plague
    Guild : Luminous Rose
    Experience : 960,162

Post by Zincarla 26th July 2021, 1:18 pm

Zincarla's Dice Roll for Surfing:

Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Sample-fdea6e91ecf9c2468c318c2e233b4f41

Zincarla Kekkanshi was grateful for a day off work. While recently becoming a Rune Knight had helped her out financially, she hadn't completely quit her other part time positions. As much money as she could save up, the better. She wanted to live within her means, but she wanted her means to be that of a luxury class. That dream was probably years away yet and with her shiny new guild tattoo upon her ankle the Maid Cafes of Fiore planned to overwork her while they still could. She was exhausted after a nine day stretch and the fact that her day off was on the day of all the Beach Festivities was a truly lucky event.

Zincarla wore a simple black bikini with shorts and a light zip-up over it. A broad woven straw hat was upon her head, ensuring her short blue hair was mostly under control. She took in the sights of the sand, the sea, and all of the people there. There were people practicing for the volleyball tournament, dozens eating and drinking under a massive tent with the smell of barbecue wafting through the warm air, and just past the sandcastle competition her blue eyes caught sight of a line of surfboards. They shined in the sun, the coconut oil still slow-absorbing into the materials. There were long boards, short boards, and a few impressive "big wave boards". Zincarla knew a little about the differences between boards, having been in prison with a former surfer from Divide Island. He was arrested for something she could not remember, since all he talked about were riding the waves. The biggest board was for the biggest surf, and the ocean looked like it produced steady amounts of waves but nothing large enough for that.

She analyzed the water, thinking the big wave board was too big of a risk today for a competition. Shortboards were good for experienced and moderate riders, speedier and more agile. Longboards were the standard for all types of surfers and all types of waves. Zincarla wet her lips, tasting the brine in the moist air as the wind came off the ocean water. The temptation was too much and she gave in, sprinting with child-like joy towards the water. The blue haired mage had only surfed a handful of times but with her small frame and natural balance she figured she had a good shot. She waved as she caught up to a woman with a whistle around her neck, carrying a clipboard in a red one-piece suit. "Excuse me, is it too late to join in the contest here? I don't have a board but I would like to give it a go!"

The woman grinned enthusiastically, "I haven't blown the whistle to start yet and there are still some boards you can use," She jerked a thumb towards the row of boards Zincarla had seen. "Give me your name, grab a board and get ready to surf!" Zincarla slipped her hat off and held it in her eyes with a bright expression, "I'm Zincarla Kekkanshi, with a Z. What are the rules? Can we use magic?"

The woman raised an eyebrow and cocked her head slightly, "I think you can guess that magic is not allowed. This is a different sort of test. All you have to do is paddle out there, wait for the whistle and catch a wave back here! Whoever stays on the board the longest wins- no need for tricks or fancy maneuvers, just a basic fun sort of competition." Zincarla grabbed her hat tighter and shrank into herself a bit, "Well, I don't need my magic to give it a try. Thanks, Ma'am!"

As nimbly and quickly as she could, Zincarla dashed off towards the boards. She found a nearby empty chair and deposited her clothing and her hat upon it. Her pale skin was striking in the sun and she smelled of coconut herself, having placed skin protection oil on on the way to the beach. She selected a bright green shortboard, hoping to challenge her skill set upon the more challenging  board. "I hope I can keep my balance with a board this size," Zincarla whispered examining the shortboard and finding that it was just a little taller than herself. She carried it to the shoreline, than swam with it out past the surf where the other competitors were waiting in the cool blue water.

WC: 741 / 2000

Last edited by Zincarla on 26th July 2021, 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Imageedit-3-2741721522

Zin's Color: color = #ff66cc
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 26th July 2021, 1:18 pm

The member 'Zincarla' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Die_02_42159_sm
    Sojiro Sakura
    Sojiro Sakura

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sojiro Sakura 27th July 2021, 12:46 pm

Am rolling da dice <3

Sojiro Sakura
    Archeron's Curse (Magic)

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 27th July 2021, 12:46 pm

The member 'Sojiro Sakura' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Die_01_42158_sm
    Sojiro Sakura
    Sojiro Sakura

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sojiro Sakura 27th July 2021, 1:35 pm

Walking across the beach and having a moment for himself, Sojiro would take the time to bask in the sights that surrounded him while taking his time. There was no denying that there was more than enough attractive people that covered the beach that he could have his pick if he wanted, it was hard to ignore the people that stared at him as he passed by. It wasn't anything that he wasn't used to, he didn't think that he was particularly handsome but it was that thought process that had gotten him slapped or ignored by girls; if he couldn't see it then it couldn't be possible. Of course, Takumi had done his best to change Sojiro's train of thought when it came to that and, because of it, what shifted to ignorance eventually became confidence. If the people had wanted to gawk, Sojiro would walk in his same stride with a goal in mind, only adding to the natural charm that seemed to be around the speedo-wearing man.

When it came time to pick the type of board that he wanted, there wasn't really much question about it. His hand easily gripped the shortboard that was blue with white stripes, matching the speedo and opened jacket that he was wearing. As he approached the water, he would slip the shortboard underneath his arm and remove his glasses from his face with his other hand, slipping them into the pocket of his jacket and walking towards the edge of the water. As he approached, the same hand that slipped away his glasses would pull out a swim-cap that was hidden, stopping a small distance from the edge of the water. It was at that moment he realized he didn't have anyone to watch his jacket and there was no way in hell he was just going to leave it on the beach! If someone stole it, he'd only be left with two full outfits instead of the three he had. So, as he pulled the swim cap onto his head and began tucking his loose hairs into it, his amethyst-colored eyes would scan around him until he caught sight of someone staring at him.

The woman was a short blonde who wasn't too hard on the eyes but it was easy to see she kept glancing at Sojiro; which gave him a brilliant idea. He'd walk over towards the woman, grinning widely,
    "Hey there ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you but can I ask your help?" She'd almost jump out her skin when he approached and spoke, cheeks blazing red and barely able to look at him, "Wh-what can I do for you, s-sir?" Sojiro would muster up his best charming smile which, while most people would love how it looked, it Takumi saw it, he would understand how weird it was, "Please, you can call me Takumi. Could you hold my jacket while I surf?" The girl would nod her head rapidly as Sojiro would place the shortboard down for a second and remove the track outfit top, revealing the rest of his evenly tanned body, shaven and toned. With another grin, he'd thank her and head back towards the edge of the water. Sure, he should've felt bad for giving her his best friends name but if anything slanderous ended up happening... It would be funny to see Takumi get the fallout.

With a soft breath, the man would have eventually made it to the water and brought up his goggles so that he didn't need to worry about the water getting in his eyes. He'd hold his board ready, as others would crowd around water and get ready for the start of the contest. In that moment, as he looked out onto the water, everything else seemed to fade around him. The ocean... It was always so beautiful, stunning, with nothing but terror resting beneath it's calm waves. There was nothing comforting to the man like the sound of the water moving, the breeze that rolled off the deep blue mistress and, on top of it was, there was no one would could move in it better than him. At least, that was the truth back in his own world. It was at that moment he felt a ping of sadness in his chest, causing him to frown. How was the swim team going to do without him?

But before he could go down that rabbit hole, a whistle filled the area and he was brought back into reality. The people around him rushed into the water immediately but Sojiro knew better and water for the water to come to him. It seemed like he was just standing there for a moment, like a fool who hadn't heard the whistle go off but, as a wash came crashing towards them, in the moment of calm as it pushed forward was when he ran. When the current began to suck everything back in with it's force, it was that same force that Sojiro used to slam his board into the water and get pulled with great speed into the ocean. His chest started on the board, arms moving with practiced grace as he moved through the water. He flew past over contestants and, with nothing but elegance in the motion, his hands would come to press against the board and he'd jump onto his feet; knees bent with his arms slightly at his side.

The wave that came wasn't terribly large but it was the end of almost all the other contestants, it seemed, but he knew how to turn his board and instead of getting wiped out he'd ride the wave until he was facing the beach and moving forward. He looked around him and took stock, seeing no one was nearby before he'd bend further down and seem to speed up, turning the board and his body so that, in the apex of the wave's height, he would preform a backflip. For a moment he thought he lost his footing but he just followed through regardless, coming to land and fly towards the beach. As he got close, it was easy to ride the board onto the beach where there would be a loud applause from the people around him. It was then he looked around at the people watching the contest, scanning the crowd for... His parents. That same sadness hit him but it didn't show, no, because he was slightly concerned that he hadn't been announced the winner once he got back to the beach......

WC: 1,092 + 451 = 1,543

Sojiro Sakura
    Archeron's Curse (Magic)

Believer
    Believer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Believer 1st August 2021, 12:10 pm

Tad was less than pleased to be building sandcastles, but he hadn't gotten much say in the event selection since Sojiro had signed them up. Even if he had been able to pick an event, the feast was the only one that even slightly piqued his interest, though he still worried the food wouldn't be all that good. But Takumi's seemingly endless eagerness, also grated on Tad's nerves. There was positive and optimistic and there, a couple rungs higher on that ladder, was Takumi. The only good thing about their pairing was that Takumi seemed content to do the hard work while Tad oversaw the endeavor. That meant, if Tad remained vigilant, he may be able to evade the most dastardly of attacks: sand invasion, with Takumi doing most of the manual labor, Tad may get off this beach with sand only having invaded the spaces between his toes and not the regions where even the sun doesn't shine.

Tad's concentration was hindered as Takumi asked him a question. Well, he actually hadn't asked him anything, but his wording and tone had certainly indicated that Takumi was asking how Tad and Sojiro had met, but realistically, he was asking why Tad was following Sojiro around for this little endeavor. "We bumped into each other in Magnolia Town." Tad fondly remembered as the two males had literally run into each other, Sojiro's impressive strength and constitution not moving an inch as Tad exited a building. "We're just like two peas in a pod, we get along so well, I felt the need to see what this beach thing had in store for my new bestie Sojiro." Tad purposely made his intentions sound platonic, though he was definitely crushing on the four eyed leader of their group. Tad had already noted that Takumi and Sojiro were very close, so Tad felt like Takumi was the competition for Sojiro's love, so he didn't want to reveal his cards to his direct competitor just yet.

Just a moment later, one of the event overseers said they could begin and had a stopwatch in hand. Apparently, each team was given a certain amount of time and as the event was a bit of a "show up when you want" sort of deal, it was easier for them to compare sand castles if they were all constructed given the same amount of time. "Ok, well, this will be one of the most elegant sand castles the crabs have ever had the opportunity to lay their eyes upon. Do crabs have eyes? Anyways, we'll need a solid foundation so something sturdy at the bottom and then, we'll definitely get more stylish the higher it goes. I wonder if we can find some miniature chandeliers for the dining halls... some flags for the outside and top." He was now staring upwards, towards the clouds as if deep in thought. "A moat is pretty cliche, maybe we could fashion a..." he trailed off, making it clear that he hadn't really been speaking to Takumi so much as just thinking out loud.
    Total: 803/2000

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 1st August 2021, 12:10 pm

The member 'Believer' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Die_05_42162_sm
    Takumi Yoko
    Takumi Yoko

Player 

Post by Takumi Yoko 1st August 2021, 12:17 pm

Listening to the shorter man, Taku would simply nod along to show he was listening to him recount his meeting and how the two had grown to develop a close friendship, something he was fully supportive of. Truthfully part of him was worried poor Soji was out here living on his own without a friend half a cool as himself, so it was good to know he was still make strives in the whole social thing. Granted, Tad did seem to remind him a bit of Soji before he came along so maybe that's why the two got along so well.

With the start of the contest, Takumi cracked his knuckles and armed himself with a shovel, ready to begin to building the best damn castle this world as ever seen! The musing of his companion gave him an idea of where to start so of course he set out on creating some nice compact sand for it's base, he just needed to dig a bit to get to the wetter and more clingy sand. However... Perhaps a flaw he should've started with, he honestly didn't have much experience in building sand castles and was hoping for the man's leadership skills for guidance.

Attempting to follow the instructions without a clear idea of how to do any of them, it didn't take long for their already poorly thought out sand castle to collapse inside of itself, burying a poor little stick he had called Henry Stickman within. With seconds to spare, Taku knew what must be done in the remains of their failure. He wrote his name on the lump of sand and dug a small hole for the entrance.

Spoiler:

An awkward grin on his face, he'd turn toward his teammate. "Well... That could've gone better.... But at least... At least we still get a reward?" He tried to cheer him up with the next best thing, the participation reward all contestants would've got regardless of their finished product.

WC: 329
    TWC: 777

Last edited by Takumi Yoko on 1st August 2021, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Takumi Yoko

He's here to help!

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 1st August 2021, 12:17 pm

The member 'Takumi Yoko' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Die_06_42164_sm
    Zincarla
    Zincarla

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Kohl's Plague
    Guild : Luminous Rose
    Experience : 960,162

Post by Zincarla 2nd August 2021, 10:09 am

Zincarla rested upon her board, seated and waiting for the whistle. She looked out towards the beach with her sunny blue sky eyes and spotted a final contestant rushing to join in. She watched as he flirted casually with a young woman on the beach and rolled her eyes. She coudn't deny that he was attractive and appreciated his body from afar, but using the attention of young girls was so dishonest. That poor girl was now infatuated despite that she may never see him again, and from this far away it looked like all he wanted was a place to toss his clothing down. Zincarla shook her head, slightly annoyed, but a burst of laughter abruptly flew from her lips. The guy was putting on a swim cap. The guy was putting on goggles. He looked ridiculous! Not a single other person wore either and she couldn't stop laughing for a moment. "He's taking this way too seriously," She commented and a nearby woman on her long board chuckled and nodded in agreement. "I wonder if he has any skill to back it up with," Zincarla added softly to herself.

When the whistle sounded and the right wave came, the surfers began. Some, like the woman on her longboard, had started too early. The competition throwing them off from thinking straight and just being ready to get it done with. She rode the shortboard well, thankful because there were no balance issues on her end. The water sprayed around her legs and she let out a whoop of pleasure as she zipped by the other surfers. She zig-zagged, moving forward and then turning and going back, ensuring she would have the longest and most successful ride. A few beginners fell into the water but she didn't laugh at them; it was good to try even if you failed. She picked up her blue haired head and saw that she was leading the surfers towards the beach. The shortboard she had chosen had picked up a great amount of speed and the others were struggling to keep up. A smile spread on her face and she whooped again!

Then the serious guy with the swim cap slipped in beside her, performing a trick backflip. It was a risky move, but there were no points for tricks in this contest. Accuracy and speed: he was just being a show off. It grated against her nerves. "Out of my way!" Zincarla shouted at him, speeding up. His foolish ride kept interrupting her groove, she had to slow to maintain balance and make sure she didn't falter. Zincarla tried to zig-zag again, sliding behind him and then working to build the momentum so she might soar past him. Again his moves thwarted hers and they landed side by side, boards matching perfectly by the end. He seemed oblivious of her still and she stuck her hand in the water and swiped up to splash him in the face, "Hey idiot! There's no points for tricks, its a casual ride!" Zincarla frowned and got off her board, carrying it towards the beach where the blonde woman and her whistle was waving everyone in.

The woman stood with her clipboard and pointed up to the sky, making her whistle scream once more. "All right folks, the results are in. We have a.... tie! Zincarla and the young man with the swim cap!" The woman braced the clipboard against her red suit and bent over towards him whispering, "You never did register your name with me, sorry!" Zincarla sighed lightly and then shrugged. A win was a win, even if she had to share it. At least she didn't look ridiculous on top of it all. The crowd clapped vigorously, blowing her kisses, and pumping their arms for the guy next to her. Zincarla turned to him and extended a hand, "Congrats, idiot." She wore a friendly smile, which only dipped slightly when she caught his expression. His eyes were hidden by the goggles but instead of concentration, the serious look was almost wistful or sad. Who wins a contest and looks sad? She left her hand out for him to shake, trying to be a good sport anyway.

A man with fluffy blonde hair raced around in vivid red shorts, passing out leis to all the contestants. He placed one over Zincarla's head and then on the swim-cap's head. The blonde woman stood back up and placed a hand on her hip, "The prize of a magic surfboard will be here for you to pick up whenever you like. And for you all, I hope you enjoy the rest of the festivities! Don't forget to try barbecue at the feast!"

WC: 741 +785= 1526 / 2000

Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Imageedit-3-2741721522

Zin's Color: color = #ff66cc
    Believer
    Believer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Believer 12th August 2021, 11:07 am

Tad was still in his world mentally decorating the grandest sand castle that anyone had ever seen, but he had forgotten about his mission to avoid the sand and had sat in a small puddle with his knees up by his chest. The wet feeling wasn't even enough to pull the mage from his reverie as he imagined coral painted walls and the most eloquent stair case his mind could picture. It seemed that Tad was a Master of the Other World in more ways than one - both in summoning and daydreaming.It wasn't until Takumi spoke up that Tad was brought back to the world in front of him. "Huh?" he asked more out of instinct than an actual need for Takumi's words to be repeated.

"Oh, its over already?!" The lanky mage stated, jumping up from his puddle; his rear noticeably soaked and the once bright yellow now taking on a more mustard appearance. "Darn, I had so many good ideas too. You!" He said pointing towards Takumi, his rage getting the better of him. He was mad at the results Takumi had gotten, but his anger subsided quickly as he realized that he hadn't really helped at all. "... probably did your best, right?" The tone was noticeably questioning, but there was also a hint of apology in there. "But yeah, we get a lei for competing so, not a total loss. You can have it," Tad passed the event official, indicating he give the lei to Takumi.

After the two moved away from the sand castle arena, Tad noticed that Sojiro was still out surfing. "Guess we have time to compete for another event." Looking through the events, Tad decided to try his hand at fishing. "Ready to hook some fish? This time, we can compete against each other rather than working as a team." Even while he was saying that, Tad felt a bit guilty about his own inability to work as a team with Takumi to excel in sand castle building. He shoved that emotion aside to focus on the task at hand: fishing.

In truth, Tad had never been fishing before. He had watching his father and brothers do it once, but never really paid much attention. The basics, of course, were obvious: put bait on the hook, put the hook in the water, and wait for a fish to bite. Tad doubted there was much more to the task and worried little about his ability to succeed in the competition. After looking through the assorted equipment, Tad grabbed a suitably long, flexible fishing rod, some bait, and hooks and then headed out to the boardwalk. The boardwalk was a large wooden structure that extended from the beach out into the ocean. It allowed people to fish from it without having to get in a boat.

Once he reached the end of the boardwalk, Tad put a worm on his hook with a disgusted look on his face. He wasn't too keen to be touching a living worm, nor to be sticking a hook through said worm's innards and possibly getting said innards onto his hands, but he was determined to do well at fishing now. He then attached the baited hook to the line of his fishing rod. He looked over to Takumi, who had, by now, joined him on the boardwalk to compete in the fishing event. "Best of luck to you," he offered, before casting his hook into the water. While it may have sounded like a genuine statement, Tad meant it more as a challenge to see who the better fisherman was, but now that his hook was in the water, he wasn't sure what to do now.

He looked to the other fisherman, trying to pick up pointers. Some of them moved their lines and others left them still. Some reeled in their hook and then recast often, some never recast at all. Tad seemed confident now that this was nothing more than a game of luck. He looked over to Takumi to see if he was doing anything special that might warrant Tad copying, but decided it was better just to leave his hook in the water. A moment later, Tad felt a slight pull on his rod. Aha! I got a bite! Tad thought to himself as he attempted to reel in the fish.

Unfortunately, his strength was lacking and the fish was pulling very hard. Tad placed his right foot on the boardwalk's railing, designed to keep people from falling in the water not to provide extra leverage when reeling in fish, and gave a big tug, slowly reeling it in. The fish was just barely visible to the bystanders in the water. They seemed surprised but Tad ignored it and kept reeling the fish in. As it turns out, they were surprised because the fish wasn't very large, only about 15 or 16 inches at most, which made them wonder why it was giving the mage so much trouble. Once Tad had the fish out of the water, it was much easier for him. He put his leg back down, taking a momentary breather with the fish sitting about a foot above the water.

As if fated by the Fishing God, a large behemoth leapt out of the water with its mouth open, grabbing onto the fish attached to Tad's line. He barely held onto the rod and refrained from being pulled over the railing. The monstrous fish's powerful leap carried it into one the posts that held the boardwalk up, knocking itself unconscious. Tad, then with all the strength he could muster, was able to pull the large fish up onto the boardwalk. "Talk about beginner's luck..." One of the nearby fisherman said, before turning and leaving. It seemed like the winner had already been decided.

Total: 1776/2000

Last edited by Believer on 12th August 2021, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 12th August 2021, 11:07 am

The member 'Believer' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Die_02_42159_sm
    Takumi Yoko
    Takumi Yoko

Player 

Post by Takumi Yoko 12th August 2021, 12:14 pm

Taku knew the man was rambling out instructions about how they'd make the best sand castle ever but honestly part of it was drowned out as he worked so he was a bit surprised to find Tad still mumbling out some ideas for what sounded like a grand staircase for the imaginary halls when he revealed the contest was over and the resulting castle ended up as a sad lump before the two of them.

Needless to say, he wasn't too pleased with the results Takumi managed to scrap up at the last possible second after the great collapse of the west wing that dragged the rest of the castle down with it. At least the man was willing to accept that Taku had indeed done his best before offering him the lei. "Of course, we'll do better next year! I can feel it in my bones!" Takumi proclaimed with a bright grin and a pat on the man's back as he allowed the official to slide the lei around his neck, the purple coloured flowers resting across his well defined chest.

When it came time to decide on the next event, Takumi knew he was gonna have some fun with this one! Fishing was a hobby his old man enjoyed and even taught him some tricks so he was certain he'd at least do decent on this. "A friendly contest huh?" Taku thought out loud to himself with a slight hum as he mulled over the thought, he knew the man wasn't pleased with the last results but with his previous experience with fishing would give them an advantage to actually win this one. Still, the man wouldn't have suggested this if he believed it'd be best for them to work alone and that way if one of them mess up, they won't crumble as their sand castle did.

"Alright, we can totally do that!" Taku replied with a thumbs up before he set off to gather his own equipment for this event, carefully looking for the proper bait and type of hook to use. Ultimately he decided a bass should be the fish he'd aim for so armed with a nice flexible fishing rod, a paddle tail swimbait and some worms as well, he set off to the boardwalk not long after Tad and he took note of the relatively simple decision he went with. Not bad at all, but a little plain for any specific fishing... Then again, Taku wasn't even sure what fish would be lurking in this world now that he thought about it... That could be troublesome.

A friendly wish of luck from Tad got him focused on the task and hand, "You as well Tad! Try not to catch any other Tads down there!" He'd reply with a little joke referencing a movie from his home world although truthfully he didn't even consider that the movie was likely not even part of this universe... If they even have movies...

Casting his line, he'd patiently let the bait move in seemingly random angles and movements in an attempt to lure a bass to it all while Taku whistled himself a little tune, admiring the peaceful ocean waves and feeling the soft gentle breeze against his hair. "Today's a good day, don't ya think?" He'd ask a fellow competitor to his right, a heavyset man who seemed in his mid forties. "Quiet, you'll scare the fish." The man grunted in return. "You know, that's a myth right? Sound doesn't travel all that good from air to water." He'd reply unfazed by the man's grumpiness, who only grunted once more.

Shrugging to himself, he'd turn back to whistling and fishing in peace. Some people preferred to fish in silence, it was a calming experience that didn't require too much focus or effort for the most part, the fun was finding the fishing and bringing it in which wasn't all too difficult with the smaller fishes. The problem is the big ones, those bastards could nom on the bait and snap the line if you're not careful. Which is why when Taku's line came tight and his line begun moving away from him, he smirked to himself and begun the effort of steering the fish to him.

The trick to fishing wasn't to blindly drag it up while reeling, that's how you break the line. No the trick was to let it tire itself out and then begin to guide it up as it rests for a bit and simply repeat. The best way to do that was to let the fish slowly drag the bait down and once it's slowed down, bring the pole up 90 degrees and then being to reel it while moving to side to side gently, letting it struggle to keep itself going where it wants to go and that's almost always going to be away from the hook. Once it begins moving, you let him go down in a nice controlled manner, careful to not put too much pressure on the line or the rod but not too late to let the hook slip free.

It was that process being repeated numerous times that eventually allowed Taku to reel in a massive bass fish, probably one of the bigger ones he had managed to catch back in his world and it's weight was something else as well. Truthfully he thought the lad would break the line and go free but thankfully his line held and he was now the proud captor of an impressively large bass that he decide to name Tank. Because damn he was heavy. "Not so bad if I say so myself..." He'd comment out loud as he admired the massive fish that was struggling on the ground... Poor creature but his friends needed the win and he was pretty sure he could get the officials to cook him for the feast. Tank's death wasn't going to be in vain, not if he could help it.

WC: 998
    TWC: 1775

Last edited by Takumi Yoko on 12th August 2021, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Takumi Yoko

He's here to help!

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 12th August 2021, 12:14 pm

The member 'Takumi Yoko' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Isekai'd Into the Other Team! [Beach Event] Die_01_42158_sm

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 6:38 pm