Age: 21 years old
Special Characteristics: None currently.
Sojiro Sakura was known as a shrewd child, often fact checking his fellow classmates and correcting people even in the slightest of errors. This mostly had to do with the way that he was raised, his parents both excelling in the medical field. They wanted their son to follow in their footsteps, causing him to adopt a cold nature. In middle school he made his first friend and slowly his personality shifted. By the time he graduated high school, Sojiro Sakura was a much kinder soul than he started out, albeit a bit of a slacker. On the surface he shows a soft-core pessimist outlook, often grounding his friends’ goals and keeping his own goals realistic. This has made it hard for him to make friends, though thankfully not impossible. Even though he keeps this type of appearance on the exterior, deep down a small part of him holds onto hope that dreams can come true.
Sojiro hasn't ran into many physical conflicts in his life, being able to avoid most situations before they escalate to such points. Since coming to Fiore, the man has since had to adopt to these situations, but he doesn't like the idea of inflicting pain on others. This isn't so much about his personal care for them, more so about his personal fear of pain. Knowing how much something can hurt, seeing someone seriously injured can cause him to become nauseous as he puts himself in their place. Although he tries to take a leader position among any that he works with, it is usually a facade so that he can keep a handle on things around him. When the lives of others end up on the line, Sojiro can crack under the pressure and act in unpredictable ways. This has yet to happen to the youth but that doesn't mean it won't in due time.
- A Calculated Approach- Sojiro has a need to make sure he acts on a carefully acted plan, not enjoying playing things off the cuff. He doesn’t like the unintended chaos that can follow decisions made in such ways.
- Control- Sojiro enjoys being in control of any situation that he is in, even if that sometimes mean engaging in an argument with a friend(though not always the case). He believes himself to be right in most situations, taking somewhat extreme measures to convince others sometimes.
- Likes Strategy Games- Sojiro was a particular weakness for games like Chess or Shogi, finding himself enthralled in any such games. He loves the mental stimulation that supply.
- Capricious People- People who have too much energy, bounce from one topic to another, or make too many/little decisions in a quick amount of time fill Sojiro with distress. People like this often cause Sojiro to lose his temper quickly.
- Being Proven Wrong- Given the extremes that he is willing to go to prove he is right, actually being proven wrong is a feeling that churns Sojiro’s stomach. He can often go silent after such or give shorter, more curt responses.
- Bad Food- Due to his well off upbringing, Sojiro hates eating mundane food or something lacking in quality. If a food is really to his distaste, he sometimes will not even finish the meal.
- Winning- Sojiro prefers to be a winner in as many ways as possible, even settling for winning over the majority. Though this is not always the case.
- Prove Himself To His Parents- Due to his parents intense upbringing, Sojiro has a deep want to keep his parents proud. He tries to hide this the best that he can, though, seeing as he hates to give them the satisfaction over his life.
- Be a ‘Hero’- Since coming to Fiore, Sojiro has begun to convince himself that he is a hero. With this, he is trying to do as much as he can to create a name for himself and become worthy of the title. Maybe by becoming a hero, he will be able to escape back to his reality.
- Intense Pain- Everybody hates the idea of pain but Sojiro finds it to be his biggest enemy, even reeling from a small paper cut. It leaves him feeling drained both emotionally and physically.
- Loneliness- The idea of spending the rest of his life alone leaves Sojiro terrified, leaving behind no legacy or kin. Even spending nights in unfamiliar places can shake Sojiro to the core.
- Failure- Considering the way he was brought up, failure is something that wasn’t really tolerated in his family. Failing at something horribly is something that can damage Sojiro’s very being.
Sojiro Sakura was born into a pretty well off family, with both of his parents being in the medical field. His father was a highly trained surgeon, his mother his most trusted nurse; together failing less than a handful of procedures throughout their thirty years of service. The pressure that Sojiro felt from a young age was intense, learning how to walk, talk, and read much faster than most other kids his age. He was put into a great preschool, followed by a series of good private schools. Because of the way his parents acted, Sojiro ended up adopting a fairly shrewd and cold nature while he was young. This made it almost impossible for him to keep any friends while he was in elementary school, but this didn’t stop him from joining a few clubs. He originally joined the Chess Club and Swim Team for his parents, taking little time to excel at both of them. During his last year of middle school, he met a man by the name of Takumi, a boisterous member of the football team. He was rough, loud, and annoying but had somehow taken a liking to Sojiro. Though it took almost the whole year, Sojiro eventually caved and begun to hang out with the brute. Takumi was Sojiro’s first friend, and remains his longest friendship.
During high school Sojiro underwent a personal transformation during his time with Takumi, causing him to become a bit more lighthearted and softer with his words. Although this didn’t make him any less prone to argument, it did ease his day to day life and allow him to grow a sense of humor. During high school he decided to drop the Chess Club for Kendo, where he quickly became the Team Captain at the beginning of his second year. While he was doing the Swim Team to appease to his parents’ needs, Sojiro actually enjoyed Kendo. It seemed like a much more intense game of Chess, needing to find your opponents weaknesses and openings in a much quicker time. Even in his private school Sojiro was enrolled in Advanced Classes, though only passing by with Cs and Ds, putting in the minimal amount of effort for his parents pleasure.
After graduating High School, Sojiro enrolled in Hitori Medical Academy, where he would eventually take on a homework assignment that would change his life. During his sophomore year in college, Sojiro had been running himself into the ground with his duties to his teams in college, as well as the intense workload. Because of this he was starting to fall asleep during his longer periods. It was because of this he misheard the story that he was suppose to do a report on, heading out after his daily dose of practices and out to the store to buy the book. Sojiro purchased the story The Hero Spirit Contract, where the first page inside resembled a long contract.The fine print was small and blurred before Sojiro’s tired eyes. At the very bottom was a signature line, so once purchasing it the youth headed to the nearest library and signed his name upon it. He thought it was a weird, unneeded, and eccentric way to do things but he didn’t want someone to steal his book, it cost him nearly three hundred dollars! But upon signing the book there was a sharp pain in Sojiro’s chest as it felt like he was going to explode, a deep loud laugh echoing inside his head. Letting out a scream, he felt as though he was dying and the next thing he knew… Sojiro Sakura had awaken in a new world. This is where his story picks up.
Eyes: Light Amethyst
Skin Tone: Light Tan
- Physical Body:
- At School:
- Swim Uniform:
Tattoo Color: N/A
Faction: The Rune Knights
Faction Chapter: Fiore
Text Color: #0066ff
Last edited by Sojiro Sakura on 18th November 2022, 3:47 pm; edited 8 times in total