Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Wanted: Member Input!

Important Wanted: Member Input!

Post by Guest 17th October 2018, 3:52 pm

Hallo my friends and family! 'Tis I.

The staff team is trying to condense and consolidate rules to hopefully make it so the magic rules can be in one post instead of two huge ones. We also recognize the issue of long magics being tedious and rather muse-crushing to produce.

To remedy this, Tak and the staff have been looking into removing secondary and tertiary magics and instead allowing 3 standalone, fully functional magics. These magics will be smaller than the primary as the total amount of spells you can have between primary and secondary will be split up among these three magics.

The system idea brainstormed thus far is the following, written up by TAK:

Total of 20 normal spells per magic, 15 free (3 per rank up to S) and 5 purchased.
    1 Advanced spell per rank (up to H)
    3 Signature spells (of any rank up to S), 1 at C, B, S
    1 standard H rank spell at H rank.
    Total 30 spells, 20 normal, 10 H/special
    Spells can be applied in the format below; the magic can have up to the right number of normal spells of that rank.
    0-20 D rank
    0-15 C rank
    0-10 B rank
    0-5 A rank
    0-3 S rank
    1 H rank
    Advanced Spells can be applied in the format below; the magic can have up to the right number of Advanced spells of that rank.
    0-2 D+
    0-2 C+
    0-2 B+
    0-2 A+
    0-1 S+
    1 H+

We are still fine-tuning everything and writing up the idea more formally to be added to the Magic Rules.

What we want from you are requests for clarifications of things that are already in the rules (except for what we are replacing) along with mentions of any typos you currently see in the rules. Any and all opinions are welcome-- we only ask that suggestions regarding creating completely new systems and ideas be taken to your own suggestions board topic. (:
    Newbie opinions are appreciated too!

Last edited by Izayuki on 18th October 2018, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Luceam
    Luceam

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Equilibrium Equinox
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,252,365

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nature Fairy
    Second Skill: AT-X
    Third Skill: Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Important Re: Wanted: Member Input!

Post by Luceam 17th October 2018, 5:15 pm

If I can throw in my two cents, something that's been on my mind is the initial starting set for Secondary magic. I think that there should be two spells up to A rank at first given with the initial set.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Luna Mira ff66cc||| AT-X |||
    Nature Fairy |||Neptuna 99ff66

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn

Post by Guest 17th October 2018, 6:24 pm

Luceam wrote:If I can throw in my two cents, something that's been on my mind is the initial starting set for Secondary magic. I think that there should be two spells up to A rank at first given with the initial set.

This is not about the magic we currently have, with what we're talking about there won't be a "secondary" magic. Just three magics that act the same as stated in the starting post.
    Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Demon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Summoner of Divinities
    Position : Goddess of Humility
    Faction : Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Lamia Scale (Ace)
    Cosmic Coins : 485
    Experience : 10,188,889

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Avatar Summoning
    Second Skill: Celestial Avatar
    Third Skill: Avatar Aspect

Post by Samira Nassar 18th October 2018, 12:41 am

Since you're looking for suggested clarifications of things that are already in the rules I have a couple of things at the top of my head.

1. AoE and Multi-target spells generally are 50% and 75% effective when compared to single target and burst. We know this as far as damage goes. However, I often see inconsistency about whether the buffs/debuffs from these spells are also less effective. This should be cleared up since I see magics get graded and approved both ways, and even I don't know how to write my spell effects correctly anymore due to this.

2. In the summon magic template summons have a portion that ask for range and speed, not for their abilities but for the actual summon itself. There are no set rules on what summons follow for these categories and I have left it blank every time because of this. I see some summoners get told to put burst numbers, but I have also seen many people get approved putting single target numbers on there. This should be cleared up so everyone is on the same page on this.

I'll update whenever I think of more.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (Ace)
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 1,093,688

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic

Post by Akeya 18th October 2018, 10:22 am

How would this change affect Hybrid and Third Gen Slayers?

Given that currently Hybrid and Third Gen take up the Primary and Secondary, would it consume two slots with the third left open for something else or would Hybrid/Third Gen require all three the magic slots?

Wanted: Member Input! Akeya2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    Albafica Temero
    Albafica Temero

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : The Heartbreaker
    Experience : 2,825

Post by Albafica Temero 18th October 2018, 10:53 am

Just a small one, less about the system but more about the purchases made by members regarding their magic (spells, siggies, etc); will they be refunded for them if/once this system were to be implemented?

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Infinite Arcana
    Second Skill: Vox Universum
    Third Skill: Disciple of War

Post by Shen Kadokawa 23rd October 2018, 6:28 pm

Could we change character speed from miles per hour (I can only assume it's miles and not meters, mph ?) to meters per second ? Would make calculating speeds and comparing them to spell speeds much easier :>

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Witchfire
    Guild : Aurora Guild Ace
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 6
    Experience : 21556.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cards of the Uncrowned Saint
    Second Skill: Celestial Spirit Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 24th October 2018, 7:36 am

Just a smol typo under the magic and spell rules section with the update. ^-^

Wanted: Member Input! JSTAv0p

Wanted: Member Input! MNaPexz

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 10:12 am