Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! )

Zeno
    Zeno

Emotional Tempest 1

Emotional Tempest 1

Administrator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- H-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Villain- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Link
    Position : None
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 337,500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Major Arcana
    Second Skill: Minor Arcana
    Third Skill:

Star Unique Jobs ( We need your input! )

Post by Zeno 7th July 2014, 5:38 am

Hello there,

Ideas have come up, particularly by Zenshin, Zack and DMC to create Unique Jobs, making a distinction between jobs that are repeatable and jobs that are of higher consequence and should only be done with greater time periods in between each attempting group.

The logic here is the following: members sometimes take these jobs as part of their character's storyline. In higher level jobs, meeting a mythical boss of which only 1 exists in the world is a unique thing. Defeating it and adding that to your character's legacy is also something special. It would not make sense for an epic boss to do the same thing over and over again only to get defeated by different groups of mages each time. Which it wouldn't be able to do if it gets killed in the first place.

It would be strange to have two groups of mages walking around Royal Castle at the same time shouting "We killed the dragon!" and be renowned for it while the dragon could only have been killed once. If the Royal Castle is destroyed for the most part, then it would be an opportunity to put that fact into the world and have it be a political and roleplayable factor for the entire community.

There are several possible solutions that could be made, but each come with their own set of problems. So I'm running this by you guys to see which way you want to go with it.

I personally propose adding a Fame or Renown system to it. Unique Jobs would then only be able to be done a limited amount of times (depending on the details of the job), but upon completion the rewards would be much higher and an official title would be awarded to each participating member. This title could/should then be recognized by the rest of the community In Character depending on how much their character takes interest in famous people. Of course, a Wall of Fame would be set up as well.

This is one idea for a solution. But again, Unique Jobs take a long time to create and hard work gets put into them. I understand that the creators would like to have more members be able to enjoy their work at the same time. It's a delicate issue, but I'm sure we can find a way.

Last edited by Zeno on 11th July 2014, 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Zeno1_by_gramcrackers-d7l4bjh
    Zeno
    Zeno

Emotional Tempest 1

Emotional Tempest 1

Administrator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- H-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Villain- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Star Re: Unique Jobs ( We need your input! )

Post by Zeno 7th July 2014, 5:47 am

Staff Chat wrote:well, if we don't close the signing up, it'd be a race, which, I can kinda see happening.
    [14:43:54] James Wolf: problem is that their progress won't mean anything otherwise
    [14:44:03] James Wolf: the ones who end up finishing it later, that it
    [14:44:32] Speed Demon Zack: Perhaps add a time limit to them so that if people apply and they don't post within x amount of time it is considered a failure. This would only be for 'unique' jobs
    [14:45:03] Assassino Kyll Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ: I'm not big on that either
    [14:45:18] Nate (Legzy): ^ I like the sound of that idea.
    [14:45:22] Zeno: a time limit
    [14:45:23] Zeno: and then
    [14:45:35] Zeno: as soon as all members of the group that completed the mission first go inactive
    [14:45:38] Zeno: it resets
    [14:45:51] Zeno: and those members get their renown taken away
    [14:45:59] Zeno: and it gets erased from their character histories

Here's another idea.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 7th July 2014, 6:16 am

Also one group of members cant take another unique job if they finish one within a certain timespan is my idea

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 7th July 2014, 7:50 am

I agree with Zenshin if unique jobs are limited so that it can only be taken every so often or only once then players should be limited in all the number of unique jobs they can do in a set amount of time. That would help deal with the "race for unique jobs." Then people will think twice about taking a unique job and only go for ones they really like.

I also recommend stock piling a good number of unique jobs before releasing. So when the voracious glory hounds pounce on the new release there will be plenty to go around.

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 7th July 2014, 7:52 am

Precisely

The 10 years you've seen me making so far are the repeatables so that when the unique ones run dry, we always have those. Assuming this actually goes through, I plan on starting on the unique jobs as soon as there are at least 5 repeatables.

Missions Completed

Geno
    Geno

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Mentor : Me, Myself and I and the Mother♥♪!?ers that I came with!
    Experience : 6250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Fool's Arcana
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Geno 7th July 2014, 9:24 am

speaking of unique jobs you should probably delete the lich related ones i made for the darks, dont really work anymore

Theme Music:

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Aa9HcbG
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 11th July 2014, 5:49 am

My proposition regarding this was as follows:

Unique jobs can be B rank or higher as that is when missions really get tough.
    Unique jobs when completed will award a title/renown for the participants IC, the amount depends on the difficulty.
    Once a unique job is accepted by a party no other party may attempt it unless that team fails or a timelimit expires (to prevent inactive people blocking jobs)
    Once a unique job is completed it will be locked for a time period. During that time period things can be modified with the job. This time period could be permanent. Or it could be 'until x event happens(like all the players relating to it go inactive'), or it could be just a few months or a few weeks.
    A party can only take one unique job at a time and must wait x amount of time before doing another.

Rather than creating a whole new section for these jobs, as that will take longer, i would suggest just adding a new bit to the template which just has type of job and you could have normal, unique, emergency etc.

This will however require thought into the missions themselves. A lot of missions seem one time things at the moment. We need more generic jobs like 'guard this place from enemies'.

So unique jobs: They have to have something about them that makes them unrepeatable e.g. a unique boss, IC events like the destruction of the royal castle etc.

Normal jobs: DOn't have a unique boss. Don't cause ic events like the destruction of the royal castle.

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Lilith the Siren
    Lilith the Siren

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Power of Apocalypse
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Siren Powers.
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lilith the Siren 11th July 2014, 6:01 am

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that I don't have a whole lot to say about jobs but when it comes to Unique Jobs I think that they should be somewhat limited.

Like, there are jobs that only Nox Animus and Savage Skull can do or something only Fairy Tail can do.

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) OzcScyj
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 11th July 2014, 6:10 am

JohnWalker wrote:Hmm, I'm pretty sure that I don't have a whole lot to say about jobs but when it comes to Unique Jobs I think that they should be somewhat limited.

Like, there are jobs that only Nox Animus and Savage Skull can do or something only Fairy Tail can do.

Guild members are free to make their own unique jobs, however the ones I create as well as any staff taking part will be making unique jobs for everyone, not just one guild or another.

Missions Completed

DeathTouch
    DeathTouch

Player 
    Lineage : Viktor's Descent
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 275

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sinistram Umbra of Abaddon
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by DeathTouch 11th July 2014, 6:26 am

My only concern is that low rank players such as me, obviously won't be capable of complete such a high rank missions so perhaps you could include Unique Jobs for low level ranks as well as high level ranks. Otherwise, higher ranks will have a lot more advantage over low ranks and this will most likely to annoy people.

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Tumblr_static_20111023_2122274-650x365
    Character ¦¦ Primary Magic ¦¦ Bank ¦¦ History ¦¦

XP: 275/750

Completed Jobs:
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 11th July 2014, 6:28 am

DeathTouch wrote:My only concern is that low rank players such as me, obviously won't be capable of complete such a high rank missions so perhaps you could include Unique Jobs for low level ranks as well as high level ranks. Otherwise, higher ranks will have a lot more advantage over low ranks and this will most likely to annoy people.

My argument to this is that there wouldnt really be any "special" jobs that low, and besides, getting to B rank isn't very difficult. Think of it as a motivation to *get to* the higher ranks, as the rewards to these will more than likely be some kind of item or extra EXP because at higher ranks (like A or S), ranking up becomes very difficult.

Missions Completed

DeathTouch
    DeathTouch

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by DeathTouch 11th July 2014, 6:34 am

Hmm...I guess so, also it would be quite interesting if Unique Jobs would allow teams from different guilds ( particularly Dark and Legal Guilds) to clash against each other in a NK thread and the winner would get a reward - such as a random item that belonged to the losing team.

Completed Jobs:
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 11th July 2014, 6:56 am

DeathTouch wrote:Hmm...I guess so, also it would be quite interesting if Unique Jobs would allow teams from different  guilds ( particularly Dark and Legal Guilds) to clash against each other in a NK thread and the winner would get a reward - such as a random item that belonged to the losing team.

Maybe in the future, but for right now I think we're going to go with just stockpiling different kinds of unique jobs (kind of like wings of fire and ice or the beacons) and then release them to the hounds if this goes through

Missions Completed

DeathTouch
    DeathTouch

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by DeathTouch 11th July 2014, 7:07 am

I'm up for that, just means that I'm going to have to literary spend one whole night, leveling to a B rank hah ^_^

Completed Jobs:
    Nero_
    Nero_

Thunder Knight

Thunder Knight

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Guild Master- God Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Shinigami Protection
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor :
    Experience : 2475

Character Sheet
    First Skill: -
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Nero_ 11th July 2014, 7:09 am

Eeeh... I don't know what much to say regarding unique jobs. I'm not good in getting ideas on this types of things.

Anyways, something just popped up in my mind, as a side idea that maybe (just maybe) I could put here and see myself getting drowned in negative comments about it, lawl. However, what I thought is that maybe, in order to get people to see which jobs are unique and which are not, we should create a sub-forum in each rank job section, or at least the rank jobs that have unique jobs, that is called '' Unique Jobs''. In it, we could put all of the unique jobs, and in the title of each job, specify if it takes or not more applicants.

It's just an idea, dunno.

Character Theme || Insanity theme
    Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Tumblr_n98jk3TInZ1qmxnvuo1_500
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 11th July 2014, 7:12 am

That seems like a lot of work for something that can be solved with the words Unique Job in parenthesis in the job title

Missions Completed

Nero_
    Nero_

Thunder Knight

Thunder Knight

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Guild Master- God Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Shinigami Protection
    Mentor :
    Experience : 2475

Character Sheet
    First Skill: -
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Nero_ 11th July 2014, 7:14 am

Zenshin wrote:That seems like a lot of work for something that can be solved with the words Unique Job in parenthesis in the job title

... *facepalm* I didn't even think of that.

Character Theme || Insanity theme
    Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Tumblr_n98jk3TInZ1qmxnvuo1_500
    Naraca Breaker
    Naraca Breaker

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Rage of the Soul Torn
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Experience : 800

Post by Naraca Breaker 11th July 2014, 9:05 am

Here's just my idea on the whole thing and my opinions or expansions on other peoples idea, apply what you will, or none of it. Either way just trying to help.  

Zeno's first post wrote:I personally propose adding a Fame or Renown system to it. Unique Jobs would then only be able to be done a limited amount of times (depending on the details of the job), but upon completion the rewards would be much higher and an official title would be awarded to each participating member. This title could/should then be recognized by the rest of the community In Character depending on how much their character takes interest in famous people. Of course, a Wall of Fame would be set up as well.

A type of fame and Renown system is something I can agree with, but adding a title upon completion of a Unique job is iffy. Sure if you did one unique job and was called...I dunno "The Onion Slayer" that'd be cool. But then what if you did two? Would you have to find some way to add "The Onion Slayer" with "Gargoyle Fart Stopper"? If so then I guess we could call this person the "The Gargoyle Onion Fart Slayer?".
    I think if you had a Fame and Renown system that was kinda like

Fame: 0

*Kill 100 Dragons*

Fame: 1000

It could work, then perhaps just add in the "Bank" thread a section where you can add the Unique Jobs you did, or hell, add the titles you guys come up and those count, sorta let the user decided if they want "The Gargoyle Onion Fart Slayer" plastered on there signature or not. This to me would be a decent way of sorting, and that way people can just have these titles, then choose whether or not they actually want to add them. So basically just have a section like this in the bank:

Unique Jobs:

[quote="Zeno"]
    Staff Chat wrote:well, if we don't close the signing up, it'd be a race, which, I can kinda see happening.
    [14:43:54] James Wolf: problem is that their progress won't mean anything otherwise
    [14:44:03] James Wolf: the ones who end up finishing it later, that it
    [14:44:32] Speed Demon Zack: Perhaps add a time limit to them so that if people apply and they don't post within x amount of time it is considered a failure. This would only be for 'unique' jobs
    [14:45:03] Assassino Kyll Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ: I'm not big on that either
    [14:45:18] Nate (Legzy): ^ I like the sound of that idea.
    [14:45:22] Zeno: a time limit
    [14:45:23] Zeno: and then
    [14:45:35] Zeno: as soon as all members of the group that completed the mission first go inactive
    [14:45:38] Zeno: it resets
    [14:45:51] Zeno: and those members get their renown taken away
    [14:45:59] Zeno: and it gets erased from their character histories
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler]
    Zenshin Wrote wrote:Also one group of members cant take another unique job if they finish one within a certain timespan is my idea

Kirahunter wrote wrote:I agree with Zenshin if unique jobs are limited so that it can only be taken every so often or only once then players should be limited in all the number of unique jobs they can do in a set amount of time. That would help deal with the "race for unique jobs." Then people will think twice about taking a unique job and only go for ones they really like.

I also recommend stock piling a good number of unique jobs before releasing. So when the voracious glory hounds pounce on the new release there will be plenty to go around.

To further on all these, yes definitely set a time limit so those potentially super creative Unique Jobs ideas aren't just taken and thrown to the side. Once you take the job you basically commit to it. Of course some liberties should be taken, like if some really needs to take a leave of absence cause ya know, life happens, then I say give them some time and all, but over all yes a time limit should be added for just standard posting. Although to me, you should add a time limit for posting, not for the job as a whole, not unless you were gonna be really generous with the time limit. Reason being because your Unique Job could take a huge amount of time to properly RP out, and it's not that making an overall time limit doesn't make sense, it's that it's be easier to put a time limit on the posts so that people could post within the limit, and still complete the job on there own time rather then feel pressured by the clock for the job as a whole.  

To me it should just be, you get one Unique job, only one, for a quite a while. I mean you'll have guys that'll just take one, finish it, then go to the next one, and while hopefully your gonna have a large amount of Unique jobs ready, you will have people just try and take em all. So to me, after you complete a Unique job there should be a waiting period. Not a huge one, I mean some people IC might just be jobaholics so I'd say...I dunno, maybe a week or two of waiting? Unless you have just so many gosh damn jobs that people can just stockpile them and not even put a dent in the numbers, it's safe to say you won't have a ton to go around. So if that's the case, then a waiting period should be enacted for the sake of letting other people have a chance to snag a Unique job.
    But practically, people should, of course be able to take more then one Unique job, so it's not a "One and Done" deal.

Speed Demon Zack worte wrote:My proposition regarding this was as follows:

Unique jobs can be B rank or higher as that is when missions really get tough.
    Unique jobs when completed will award a title/renown for the participants IC, the amount depends on the difficulty.
    Once a unique job is accepted by a party no other party may attempt it unless that team fails or a timelimit expires (to prevent inactive people blocking jobs)
    Once a unique job is completed it will be locked for a time period. During that time period things can be modified with the job. This time period could be permanent. Or it could be 'until x event happens(like all the players relating to it go inactive'), or it could be just a few months or a few weeks.
    A party can only take one unique job at a time and must wait x amount of time before doing another.

Rather than creating a whole new section for these jobs, as that will take longer, I would suggest just adding a new bit to the template which just has type of job and you could have normal, unique, emergency etc.

This will however require thought into the missions themselves. A lot of missions seem one time things at the moment. We need more generic jobs like 'guard this place from enemies'.

So unique jobs: They have to have something about them that makes them unrepeatable e.g. a unique boss, IC events like the destruction of the royal castle etc.

Normal jobs: DOn't have a unique boss. Don't cause ic events like the destruction of the royal castle.

(You like the length of this post yet?)

Unique Jobs being B-ranked is good, I figure just following the standard ranking system with regular jobs should carry over into Unique Jobs with B ranks being the weakest Unique jobs. Although if you rank them like that then I would suggest allowing the math of Rank to follow. Such as "2 C ranks = 1 B" meaning that two C ranked characters can do a B ranked Unique job. If that's not the case and you want ONLY B ranked guys going in, then I'd say make the lowest rank for Unique Jobs A ranked. Otherwise, hey maybe with enough people, or high enough ranked people, a D or C rank could join in. I mean so long as the Unique Job is a good length and fulfilling, why not start your journey off with a bang? If you REALLY aren't feeling good about it though, then why not make a limit of "One Unique Job per D and C ranked Wizard? I mean personally, I've seen tons of anime where you got impossible odds being thrown to an underdog to which through the hard work and the hard journey they come out on time in the end, why not convey that same feeling so long as the lower ranks are accompanied by the actual proper rank? Lemme tell ya it's make folks more stoked for the Unique Jobs at the very least.  

Now one I'd like to say is that, yes, a super creative and specific Unique Job, instead of being removed upon completion, should be changed a little. If the job was help defeat a raiding fleet of pirates from a city and it was completed, just change it to a fleet of Mole Men or something.

Zenshin wrote wrote:Guild members are free to make their own unique jobs, however the ones I create as well as any staff taking part will be making unique jobs for everyone, not just one guild or another.

Now if this is the case, I'd say then that all Unique Jobs should only be Neutral, so that everyone can partake. Which means you couldn't have any of the Unique jobs be assassinations or anything particularly...Generous I guess, so that Dark Guilded folks don't feel like they have do something nice and they can still be all evil. Of course make a Job where Godzilla is attacking a city and you have to save the people, but just don't add that ya gotta particularly help the people themselves, a Dark Guild baddie's reasoning could just be for the kill, not the people.
    Whatever the jobs are, they should be neutral and maybe a little Good to some degree. A Dark Guilded guy would be fine with saving a princess if it meant getting a buncha Jewels.

Deathtouch wrote wrote:Hmm...I guess so, also it would be quite interesting if Unique Jobs would allow teams from different guilds ( particularly Dark and Legal Guilds) to clash against each other in a NK thread and the winner would get a reward - such as a random item that belonged to the losing team.

Nah this idea is actually really sick, and you could boost the community in a big way with this. For example:

Remember that one season of Fairy Tail where the guilds Fairy Tail, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus and (Insert Guild name I don't remember here) were going up against the Oracion Seis? In the future you totally could have unique jobs that require members of different guilds to work together, just have the requirements be "Must be at least 4 members from different guilds, one person per guild"
    That would greatly expand on the community around here, and prevent guilds from just parading all there guild buddies into the Unique Jobs. Cause some of these Unique jobs could be more situational. Like "Oh no! There are monsters invading this place you and other guild dudes are in!" Mission could just start right there like that. Ya know, just have jobs that would let other guilds work together.
    That'd be sick is all I'm saying.

My own idea's now lol, thanks for reading all this:

NPC's: If your gonna make sick, one time only (Generally) Unique Jobs, if you ask me they should get that extra special treatment and have NPC's added in. If you got that Unique Job you really wanted where you get to fight Godzilla then ya'll should appoint someone to RP as Godzilla. That way, it would feel way cooler to best Godzilla with your own abilities and intelligence, rather then having it be a rigged game as you know you'll win since you, or your friend, is controlling Godzilla.
    Also this would preserve Unique Jobs way more, and make people really prepare before hand as they could FAIL, by the NPC actually beating them, or causing them to fail there mission. This way you wouldn't have guys obviously beat Unique Jobs just so long as they are active, but actually make the jobs challenging and feel way more dangerous and fun. You'd have topics way more entertaining and thoughtful and get quite the crowd of onlookers.

Rewards Based On Performance: Now one could say this makes things needlessly complicated, but I think this would dramatically increase the replay value of your Unique Jobs.

So lets say our NPC Godzilla is about to begin destroying the city, and your full job requirements are as followed:

Save The City

Stop Godzilla

Protect the People in the City.

Now, my suggestion, let the option of failing one of those three requirements exist, since Godzilla is an NPC being controlled by someone trying to do the opposite of those three things, have the mission not just straight up fail if you say, Stop Godzilla, Save the City, but let ONE person die. Instead, adjust the reward accordingly. If the reward for example is 100,000,000 Jewel
    Just create some general boundary's like.

If 10 or more people die: -5000 Jewel

If 2 or more buildings are destroyed: - 100,000 Jewel.

Now of course my idea isn't perfect, far from it, but I do think having something like this would be great. A person wouldn't get punished for messing up a little, and they would still get reward, and they would want to do another job since they didn't get the perfect score to make up for the mistake.

So that's everything for now, large post I know, I was just hoping to make referencing for staff easier since they have now one post that kinda has everything that might wanna add in all in one place. Thanks for reading. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Naraca Breaker on 11th July 2014, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Download-2_zps8756c9d2

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Coolte17

EXP: 225

(All credit goes to Kariline for the sig)
    Saceliarosasparks
    Saceliarosasparks

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Mentor : Lucy Heartfillia
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Saceliarosasparks 11th July 2014, 12:01 pm

Hmm..I agree with Zeno, it makes sense to give them a title. I'm not b rank so I'm not being biased....but giving them a title would show who actually completed the mission if anyone tries to lie about it, the only thing is if the boss is a rare boss that there's only one left, once it's dead next time you wanna use the boss you can say someone made a lifelike robot version of it (from the episode where natsu was stuck in the gigantic dragon like robot) or not just a idea..

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Image12}" />
    Mifune
    Mifune

The White Wizard

The White Wizard

Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Guild Master- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Mentor : Oykai
    Experience : 500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Death Wish
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Mifune 11th July 2014, 12:35 pm

we've got a mission creation template... Just let members make their own unique jobs and give them "Dibs" on the mission they've made.

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 11th July 2014, 2:25 pm

I think a title system works. But rather than being in the signature or whatever we could just have a thread in like the bank where people can list titles. Then if people wanted to they could just call themselves 'Slayer of the Golden Dragon' or they could go all bigheaded when introduce themselves. For example, Shiraz (who I could imagine doing this) could go

My name is Shiraz Sucrose, Defender of the Royal Castle, Slayer of the Golden Dragon, Master of Storms and so on.

So they have the title, but they don't have to use it and people in the towns they save or whatever might start calling them it or mentioning it. It gives plot development.

AS for NPCs, i could see potentially crafting a proper 'character profile' for a boss (or magic at least), but with some freedom.

Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 11th July 2014, 2:42 pm

Shuhei wrote:we've got a mission creation template... Just let members make their own unique jobs and give them "Dibs" on the mission they've made.  

Members dont really like making jobs, if they did we would have PLENTY of 10-100 years

Missions Completed

Zeno
    Zeno

Emotional Tempest 1

Emotional Tempest 1

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Zeno 16th July 2014, 3:58 pm

To Summarize:

Unique Jobs:
    - All current jobs that we have now, that could logically be seen as Unique, need to be altered to fit the system.

- Unique Jobs start at B Rank but lower ranked mages can take on a higher rank Unique Job, as long as its requirements are still met. A unique job can only be taken once per month.

- Upon succesful completion of the job, fame and renown will be added to the participants as their story will be put up as a global announcement for all to read. If they altered the landscape, this will also be put up in the form of an update and global announcement. (for example: holy castle was destroyed and is currently in the process of being rebuilt) This will give members more RP resources to use in certain locations.

- Succesful participants will also be able to request a custom title that fits the completed unique job. When a member has completed several unique jobs, they are allowed to combine titles together, or choose whichever one is more popular and have the rest stored in their bank.

- Each unique job must have several requirements for both a Good side and an Evil side.
    As long as you complete at least 1 requirement your mission will be succesful. However, you have to choose which side you RP on first. It doesn't matter if you're in a legal guild or not, -if you wanna go Evil, you can- but you have to choose so beforehand. Whatever you do in a unique job will become public knowledge and may come with more consequences IC wise. (guildmasters may have to deal with guildmembers choosing a route -Good or Evil- that does not accord with their guild ideals, for example.)

- The more requirements you complete succesfully, the higher the reward.

- Boss characters and mini-bosses in unique jobs must be RP'ed by the staff, or the job creator, to add a challenge. Participating members cannot RP a boss character.

- Unique jobs can only be taken on by 1 group of participants at a time. When the deadline isn't reached by one of the participants, the remaining active members may use the "Call for Reinforcements" option and attempt to finish the mission. If the deadline isn't reached by 2 participants or more and there are different groups of active members who would like to do the unique job, then the mission can be counted as a failure and be disbanded. The mission can then be attempted by a different group.

Sounds good?

Last edited by Zeno on 25th July 2014, 4:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 17th July 2014, 2:10 am

I feel we could potentially add that the boss can be rped by a staff member or a creator of the job, as they too should know their boss well enough.

The difficulty then is ensuring a staff member is able to do it. Also, i'd clarify that if a staff member takes part in the mission then they cannot also rp the boss

GoodKidMaadCity
    GoodKidMaadCity

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Wrath of Neptune
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Arc of Hephaestus
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by GoodKidMaadCity 18th July 2014, 9:11 am

How about with unique jobs, instead of members signing up for them, guild masters designate them to a special group? It could be a guild exclusive job, but only be taken once by that group.

Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) Tumblr_mc1055D9cQ1rn95k2o1_500
    Unique Jobs ( We need your input! ) 1nfPGxr
    Character :: Magic :: Gold (Pet)
    Missions in Progress: 1

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 7:14 am