Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Passives and Actives

Brynn
    Brynn

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Frostfire
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,243.75

Passives and Actives Empty Passives and Actives

Post by Brynn 15th August 2018, 4:11 pm

Well, I put a little thing in the LS guild chat, just because it was on my mind at the time. So, I was told that I could just bring it here or whatever sort of/not really, just came here because I could. So, I was thinking that there should be some sort of description for people to find in the magic rules or something that explained what they are. I've seen people that are new, who don't understand what they are, because there isn't anything to really understand their possibilities. Some people look at actives and just think they are small things, even though they act  and feel like actual spells. Also, some people don't really think about the fact that passives can be more than just a buff. There are more things to passives and actives that aren't really spoken about in the rules. I feel like there should be descriptions for each, whether it be under its own category, or under each thing that includes them. This can include, the fact that all the spell rules like range, speed, damage, etc apply to actives just like regular spells. Another thing could be showing that passives can be something like x amount of hits with this requip, takeover, or summon can stun a person for 1 post. It would be nice if some of the newer people were able to see some actual examples of actives and passives, from actual approved magics, just to get an idea on what they could do. Right now, actives and passives are just words written in the descriptions of the different types of magic without having any context. So, what does everyone think? Also, I should really be doing homework right now, so I'll try to come back to this when I get some free time

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Passives and Actives 3UHCyoD

Active Jobs:
    Althea
    Althea

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- Player 
    Lineage : Eater of Dreams
    Position : Shitposter
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : Mura Kensho
    Experience : 3,920

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Passives and Actives Empty Re: Passives and Actives

Post by Althea 15th August 2018, 4:14 pm

I agree with this, I was a tad bit confused what was the difference when I first joined, so maybe some explanations are could potentially be added?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Demon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Summoner of Divinities
    Position : Goddess of Humility
    Faction : Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Lamia Scale (Ace)
    Cosmic Coins : 485
    Experience : 10,188,889

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Avatar Summoning
    Second Skill: Celestial Avatar
    Third Skill: Avatar Aspect

Post by Samira Nassar 16th August 2018, 2:07 am

Honestly I think they are fine as is. There are already examples of passive abilities in the magic rules in the general passive ability section, and to me the active working like a normal spell is just common sense and needs no explanation. People are supposed to be able to get creative and not treat every single rule and example as absolute, such as the passive examples being very minor things when they can be a bit bigger and do more.

You mentioned adding already approved magics as examples. People can already look at already approved magics to see these without staff having to go in and writing them in the actual rules page. I actually encourage it so people can learn more about what they can do and get sparks going instead of looking at the rulebook as if it were a holy bible. It's what I did when I started last year when the rules were the very definition of unclear.

Aura Sparks
    Aura Sparks

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Disparity
    Position : None
    Dungeon Tokens : 5
    Experience : 7,812.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Paper Summoning
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aura Sparks 16th August 2018, 5:27 am

Well, I understand that, but it’s still very hard for people to understand what they actually are if there isn’t something to at least show what they are or anything. It’s just better for the newer people that it’s actually in the magic rules, because there aren’t any clarifications on them. A lot of people focus more on the magic rules when they start out, and less on looking at other Magic’s because the rules are what’s there. If they don’t have clarifications on what actives and passives are, I feel like the newer people won’t understand until someone tells them too. It’s their first magic, they will rely more on the rules because that’s what’s shown to them. If they don’t see what they can do, then they just might not look at other people’s magic. You can get a general idea about what actives and passives or, but some might just think of them as basic abilities such as an active being able to shoot a bullet that deals melee damage. There’s no way for them to realize they can do more if they believe they completely know what they are and what they can do.

-Akily also sorry if things are repetitive since I’m typing this on my phone
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 18th August 2018, 8:44 pm

Gonna go with Samira on this one. There are already small examples mixed into the magic rules for passives and actives is kind of a given with the basic definition of the word. Giving hard examples and stuff from approved magics just adds stuff everyone will copy/paste into their magic and ruin the whole point of having a fully customizable magic.

Passives and Actives MQNhOUw

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 8:21 am