Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Is the Magic Council corrupted?

DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,243,068

Character Sheet
    First Skill: [Second Generation] Ice Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: - - -
    Third Skill:

Is the Magic Council corrupted? Empty Is the Magic Council corrupted?

Post by DOPPO 26th June 2016, 6:00 pm

Alright, so after recent events, I have come to the conclusion to make a topic about it.

Let's start with the facts:

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t22420-the-darling-of-fairy-tail-guild

Let us start with this announcement. Currently, I am in favor of this 100%. I would find satisfaction in seeing it executed. However, it could not help but spur up more in depth ideas. Fiore, technically and textually, has no laws. How do I know this? Well, how do you know it does? There's nothing ICly or OOCly stating that you can't do what people do to criminalize them. - But I'll shed some light, helpful staff members (Anastasia) have informed me that the laws of Fiore are assumed to be one of a structured society.

Let me emphasize on that. Laws in a structured society include the dismissal of killing, violence, and other basic laws, like those. However, these are too broad. Way too broad. A structured society includes all of these basic laws, but under the statement that it's assumed, it's too broad. Meaning that it applies to everyone in every way, but never goes in on it. If we assume it, we have to make it broad so it's universally agreeable. If it wasn't broad, then laws could be manipulated by the community to their favor, and essentially could destroy the country on an OOC and IC stance.

"Meaning that it applies to everyone in every way, but never goes in on it."

This statement is true, but it also means that some guilds are wrongfully taken as dark. I'm confused, really.. legal wizards and guilds kill outside of jobs quite frequently. But yet they get a free pass and a high five. But sudden another wizard goes to do it, and they're criminalized and detained. Again, I'm confused. Did the legal wizard or guild not commit the same crime? Since they did, why is wizard B getting the hate for it? Am I missing something?

This topic about laws leads back to the Fairy Tail topic, why are they being turned to a dark guild? There's not a law specifically stating that legal guilds can't claim Coming Storms, and if so, why is the Coming Storm's punishments being ignored and suddenly it's falling upon the entire guild? In character, if the Magic Council has recognized the fact there's a wanted wizard in a legal guild, wouldn't it make more sense for the RK coming over to Fairy Tail to arrest the CS and deal with Fairy Tail without making them dark? Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with staff, and the FT Guildmaster is given a reasonable amount of time to change, but from another perspective, it makes no sense.

Okay, so what about the Magic Council?

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t20732-raid-on-shirostume-savage-skull-only?

Let me put this into perspective, the Rune Knights are stationed at every town and village, whether it be heavily or lightly. So they'd know what's going on around them. But somehow, Savage Skull raids Shirotsume and murder it's townspeople, and even though the RK would report this to the MC (And no, they were not 'sneaky', it was OBVIOUS that Savage Skull went out and murdered the people of Shirotsume. Shirotsume is NOT an inactive town, Rune Knights would be there). But somehow, they aren't facing any charges?

"But they don't know where SS is, Isaac."

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t18658-rise-from-the-ashes-guild-event#217363

I shit you not, a guild event had clearly stated that the Rune Knights knew where the Savage Skull hall was, and although failing to apprehend them, why isn't the Magic Council sending out orders to take down Savage Skull?............... Lemme quote this.

"Thank Shikamaru, Ma'am. He got all the information we needed. I'm genuinely surprised, though, that the Savage Skull leader did not notice that there was a rat in her guild all along, since the very second she got on the throne. I guess the rumors are right, the guild may be falling apart, at last. Hence why, we must act."

If I'm not reading wrong, the Rune Knights and Magic Council knew of Savage Skull's doings and whereabouts.

"It is only one or two Knights, Isaac. -_-"

"The ever-lasting silence around Savage Skull was for once interrupted, as hundreds of Rune Knights headed towards the grand Guild Hall, willing to burn the place down once and for all. Meanwhile, the Brigadier General allowed the Colonel to follow his troops and she remained on the hill, watching the scene from afar. She wouldn't stay away for too much. She just wanted the little blondie and her pets to appear, so she could get in action."

The Magic Council knows where SS is, and the Rune Knights as well. But point is that even knowing the whereabouts of an obviously eviller guild than Fairy Tail, who had mass murdered towns and destroyed hundreds of legal personnel, is getting the sudden okay while Fairy Tail is being stupidly changed to a dark guild when the Coming Storm itself can be removed from Fairy Tail by legal authorities, keeping Fairy Tail legal but also suffering other punishments.

So, put the facts together, Magic Council is on the Dark Guilds' favor. I mean, they have this information, but refuse to act on it. There is NO reason for the Magic Council to not apprehend such an obvious, rightfully infamous guild without prioritizing their existence.

Why should the MC be open to the playerbase?:

For the exact reasons above. No one can tell me I am overthinking this, because these are basic things that should be thought about.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth God Slayer
    Second Skill: Light Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Is the Magic Council corrupted? Empty Re: Is the Magic Council corrupted?

Post by redheadedstepchild 26th June 2016, 6:32 pm

Wow, you really aren't wrong but let me also add this little fact. This site is not cannon and if we remember correctly.... Almost nothing here is cannon to anyone else. Thus. My magic council and the laws of Fiore could be very different from yours. This is a major factor into why some sort of actual cannon needs to be set up. Had Mashyuu never interacted with the characters he had then those characters simply do not exist in the world Mashyuu lives in correct? This would be the same for any other character as well. So really, the question is why would anyone care what the MC had to say? Until something is actually established each player or guild is free to decide how the council would react to news like a Coming Storm being part of FT as is.

Ultra Magnus
    Ultra Magnus

Player 
    Lineage : Oblivion's Might
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : ---
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ReQuip: God of War
    Second Skill: Unknown
    Third Skill:

Post by Ultra Magnus 26th June 2016, 6:36 pm

Honestly, I believed that the Magic Council was corrupt from the moment I started hearing about them during my stay here. If they were diligent enough, there'd be a "war on terror" going on. But this doesn't necessarily seem to be the case.

The way I see it, all the guilds are just living in a state of suspended animation. Of course, no dark or legal guild has done anything against the opposite side, but you'd think the MC'd put a little more effort in leading a crusade to destroy them.

Which brings me to my next point. From what I've been hearing and seeing, the Magic Council exists in name only. Nevermind that they haven't done jack shit, there is no actually active members RPing the characters. Matter-of-factly, I don't think there are even any actual characters.

Do I wanna see the MC become player-controlled? Hell yeah I do. Why hasn't it been done already? That I wish I knew.

I think it could make quite the compelling story if there were a set of people controlling the laws of the land, making it like an actual Supreme Court or something. I don't know. I just feel it's more interesting that way.

And it's better than just having a usergroup there for no reason. But I'll digress.

Why in the blue hell is there an entire battalion's worth of Rune Knights who know exactly where Savage Skull is, yet they're not doing a goddamn thing about it?

Before people start crying under me or something, I'm not saying that to come at Savage Skull in particular.

But realistically, it makes no damn sense. Unless the MC were corrupt. But we don't know that, since there's no actual MC that we can go off of.

So a couple hundred RK's are running around with information on a dark guild and nothing's being done about it, and everybody's on their dandy way.

I may be spouting off random bullshit for all I know, but here's my point. I'll keep it short and sweet.

The Magic Council should be controlled by a very particular set of people who can handle it

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : The True Nephalem
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nephalem Take Over
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Decayuss 26th June 2016, 6:48 pm

Is the Magic Council corrupted? Deacy2
    Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 26th June 2016, 6:52 pm

I knew this was a thing floating around somewhere. (I read everything even if I don't post.)

Post by Guest 26th June 2016, 6:53 pm

All right, so I'm not going to completely disagree with you; in fact, I'm quite in favor with Fairy Tail being darkened. Not in the event that it's ill I wish upon the guild, but rather that it would create for some really good IC drama. I mean, what would happen ICly if one of the most famous legal guilds in Fiore is suddenly classified as a dark guild? Personally, I would assume that many people would throw an uproar over it, but what happens to the guild and all of its relations? For instance, Fairy Tail and Basilisk Fang are, in my opinion, mortal enemies. What happens when it suddenly becomes a dark guild and Basilisk Fang has to face that as their new comrade guild? More importantly, how would all of Fairy Tail's guild members react to being darkened because of a single guild member's actions? How would they view their guild master? What would happen to Fairy Tail in the end when it does become a dark guild?

And yes, it is a basis to assume that all fantasized, written worlds have the base structure of a Earthly society. Considering Earthland is so close to Earth, itself, one would automatically assume that it has laws and codes close to ours. I mean, if you think about it, what world/planet would truly allow the senseless killing of innocents as a whole? Unless the world/planet is corrupt in itself, I would think that it wouldn't allow the senseless killing of its own species. However, there will be those select few people in said world/planet that do not have the same moral code as everyone else. In this case, it becomes a thing known as common sense; it is common sense to assume it's a bad thing to kill someone or to steal. Those who don't have that common sense are often psychotic people (meaning their brain is wired incorrectly to what is normal).

Let me direct you to something that I brought to Famine's attention when she posted on the Darkening of Fairy Tail thread:
    Marceline Anicetus wrote:As per the Faction Rules, segment C: Guild Neutrality and Politics, section Legal Guilds, "They [legal guilds] can be placed under Dark if they do not give up any guild member who has recently done a crime worth being arrested for. . ."

Source: Faction Rules
    Personally, I would say that being classified as a Coming Storm by the Magic Council would be something that a legal mage can be arrested for. All things considered, in order to become a Coming Storm, most things done by a mage are typically things one can be arrested for. For instance, you can be arrested for the raping of another person and as an example, that is all Marceline Anicetus does. You can also be arrested for the blatant killing of innocent people, which all dark mages have done, with the special case of Lucie. Now, if there are a bunch of legal mages killing without any sort of punishment, then that responsibility falls upon the GM of the legal guild. As stated by Fire King Ardere in "A Note to Legal Guilds,"
    Fire King Ardere wrote:Hello members of the community!

I hope you are all doing well, but it has come to my attention that there are some morality issues among the legal guilds. Some legal guilds members have taken it upon themselves to senselessly murder countless amounts of mages and bandits. While some situations include self defense or saving lives, many of these situations are just uncalled for and abusive of a legal guild mage's position. We are asking that all of the legal guild masters have a talk with their members about their actions, and advise them against this.

Thank you for your time.

-Ardere
    All decisions on whether a member is kicked out of the guild or not falls upon the guild master as their sole duty. However, if the guild master is not doing their job correctly, the guild does not agree with the guild master, or the guild master is inactive, a guild can decide as a whole. This is the tricky part: a guild master can easily kick a member out of the guild and turn them into the Rune Knights, same goes for the guild as a whole. But! This is followed up with having to have OOC permission from the user of the convicted felon or it breaks the site rule of god-modding. Duly note, a Coming Storm is someone who is watched by the Magic Council, as they can easily revert back to being a legal mage or whatever they previously were before becoming a Coming Storm. If they [Magic Council] continue to get reports of said felon senselessly slaughter innocent people, they may send out a search and seizure of said person. I would assume at this point, that is when the Rune Knights get involved with the arrest of the legal mage.

The Raid on Shirotsume, since I was apart of it, is an easy explanation when it comes to explaining why the MC did not know of it. First and foremost, Dubhlainn made sure that the city went into lockdown, meaning no one leaves and no one enters. This means that any Rune Knights within the city are trapped inside as well with the senselessly murdering mages. Because of this, it is safe to say that all Rune Knights were eventually eradicated from the town, itself. Mind you, Savage Skull is also a thorough guild that will make sure any "bad business" done goes unnoticed, unless they want it to be seen. Whether any reports of the incident got to the MC is unknown and because Savage Skull is a dark guild, it's expected. It's also not realistic to say that the Rune Knights are able to apprehend all of the guild members of said guild.

A guild event is not a set-in-stone site event; a guild event is something that affects the guild only, not the site as a whole. So because the Magic Council in that guild event supposedly knows where the Savage Skull base is, doesn't mean they do on a site-wide basis. More so, the guild could have moved places from the time the Magic Council learned of their whereabouts to where they are now. Also, as a note, dark guilds "are guilds that are not officially recognized by the Magic Council; therefore, they are treated as criminal organizations" (chapter 10, page 5). Think of how many criminal organizations there are in this world (human trafficking, drug cartel, et cetera) that are not entirely apprehended. That is how dark guilds are supposed to be viewed as, so go ahead, try an apprehend an entire guild of very powerful, psychotic mages that you have no idea how many are actually in there. If you make it out in one piece or even alive at that, kudos to you, as that is a damn good achievement with how glorified dark guilds are.

So, the Magic Council is not on the sides of the dark guilds, rather it is a neutral standing government of the world of magic. Anything done by any mages is held responsible by the Magic Council, itself, not of the guilds or the people. To back this up, here is an excerpt of information on the Magic Council within the manga:
    As the main ruling body of the entire Magic world, the Council possesses almost utmost control over it, acting as a leading government of sort. The Council rules all of the legal Guilds scattered throughout Earth Land, overseeing them and keeping them in check (chapter 2, page 21), and they are responsible for the events caused by Mages, also possessing the right to punish Mages who break the law (chapter 10, page 4) and to confiscate magical artifacts which could potentially cause large-scale damage (as shown from the Lullaby being in their hands after the Eisenwald incident) (chapter 22, page 3). Among the things prohibited by the Magic Council is the use of Magic for assassination, something which, if perpetrated, could lead the Council to oust the offender's guild (as shown with "Shinigami" Erigor and the Eisenwald guild) (chapter 11, page 5) The Council has the right to apprehend Mages charged with crimes anytime, with their messengers being highly respected (chapter 22, pages 18-20).
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 26th June 2016, 7:04 pm

Marcy wrote: So, the Magic Council is not on the sides of the dark guilds, rather it is a neutral standing government of the of magic.
    Anything done by any mages is held responsible by the Magic Council, itself, not of the guilds or the people.
    To back this up, here is an excerpt of information on the Magic Council within the manga:
    "As the main ruling body of the entire Magic world, the Council possesses almost utmost control over it, acting as a leading government of sort. The Council rules all of the legal Guilds scattered throughout Earth Land, overseeing them and keeping them in check (chapter 2, page 21), and they are responsible for the events caused by Mages, also possessing the right to punish Mages who break the law (chapter 10, page 4) and to confiscate magical artifacts which could potentially cause large-scale damage (as shown from the Lullaby being in their hands after the Eisenwald incident) (chapter 22, page 3). Among the things prohibited by the Magic Council is the use of Magic for assassination, something which, if perpetrated, could lead the Council to oust the offender's guild (as shown with "Shinigami" Erigor and the Eisenwald guild) (chapter 11, page 5) The Council has the right to apprehend Mages charged with crimes anytime, with their messengers being highly respected (chapter 22, pages 18-20).[/justify]

Now while this is all good and dandy....

Neutral is not good or evil, thus they by definition wouldn't really care if a Coming Storm was in a legal or dark guild. In addition it is site wide fact that the manga/anime has next to nothing to do with the site and how things work so the quotes of how the MC works has zero effect here. Not gonna argue the rest of this as really there is not much to argue aside from once again there really needs to be a real cannon established if this sort of thing is going to be enforced. Also, does this mean that the RK had no way of sending through any sort of magical means a message to any other RK that the town was going into lock down or the general location of BF?
    Aiden Ainsley
    Aiden Ainsley

The Shadow King

The Shadow King

Developer/GFX Artist- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- God Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Experience : 587

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunstorm Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aiden Ainsley 26th June 2016, 7:56 pm

I'm just going state this. We tried to make the MC player controlled once before. I should know as I had a character in a position. Nothing ever got executed with them. Many ideas were formed, none of them executed.

I would love nothing more than a player based MC but I still would like to see something done with them instead of seeing characters made for them and then rotting because they aren't being used. I am sorry if I am coming off as rude but I am very passionate on this subject for obvious reasons.

That being said: I actually would love to see a corrupt MC. I think it would be an interesting event. One that would differ from the "Evil guild fights good guild, good guild wins." type plots that always happen. (I have my own thoughts on plots and events but that shall be saved for a another time)

If the MC was truly neutral (As stated above) They wouldn't care about a CS in a Legal guild (Also stated above.). Now in the whole situation regarding this I am as neutral as can be.

I am sorry if i didn't cover a lot.

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the First Reaper
    Position : Sinner #5: Wrath
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 225,322.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Reckoning
    Second Skill: Death's Game
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 26th June 2016, 8:49 pm

just gonna point out @ the Raid of shiro....

we killed off any communications possible, and stopped anyone from leaving the city, preventing -any- form of communication till we were done.

Also, the one 'rise from the ashes' event, was a guild event for plot and fun, that never even finished or really... took off. Counting it is a joke.

However Issac, I'll throw you one thing.

If you 'want' to play the RK hero, and fight a SS member. I'm more than willing to meet you icly. No interruptions from either side.

also: https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t21656-the-nonexistent-magic-council

Is the Magic Council corrupted? YdfXSKP
    Emilia Crohil
    Emilia Crohil

Quality Badge Level 1- Player 
    Lineage : Caine's Descent
    Guild : Garou Knights
    Mentor : Jackson Crohil
    Experience : 5512.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Force Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Emilia Crohil 26th June 2016, 10:44 pm

No, the magic council isn't corrupt because that which does not exist cannot be corrupt.

Character| Magic| Bank| Theme
    Is the Magic Council corrupted? FJRTsUq
    Other Siggies:
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 27th June 2016, 12:44 am

The magic council was originally a PC group. However, the members who controlled characters either a. went inactive, b. left the site entirely or c. were banned(I think). As such, back when I was an admin, the idea was put forth that the magic council was made into an NPC group. Why make it NPCs I hear you ask? Well, the magic council is a government body essentially. They should not be chopping and changing every ten minutes because someone went inactive. As such having a set of registered characters (which should exist, but for some reason have not been created) that are permanent MC members and controlled by staff is better. They aren't needed for interaction for the most part because unless you're being taken to court or are a high ranking member(e.g. a guild master or rune knight leader) you don't really have any cause for interacting with them.

Take real life for example, how many of you have interacted directly (as in had a conversation) with members of your country's government? I know for certain I haven't. I've not even met my local MP (i'm not even sure who they are XD).

So the magic council being NPCs works. Though only if they are actually made. Perhaps an even could be made for creating 'npc' magic council members with prizes handed out for those chosen?

I don't mind the idea of a rune knight leader being a member of the magic council and being PC as that seems a natural progression for a member of the rune knights.

I also don't mind the idea of the MC becoming PC again but it would have to be members who are proved to be active and have legitimately earned standing IC wise to be considered. We can't have 'auto rankers' or D ranks leading the country (as it wouldn't make sense as they wouldn't command enough respect or authority)

----------------------
    Now let's move onto the next point. Rune knight stationed in every town and village. I honestly don't think this has ever been stated as the case. If we look at canon I don't think I ever recall seeing rune knights in a town.

The rune knights are essentially the 'magical' branch of Fiore's military or at least in my eyes. They are not 'every day police'. They are at best military police. To use the wiki:

'A military subdivision within the Council, acting as a personal constable of sort, Rune Knights are the Council's army. Their job is to enforce the Council's ideals of justice and to investigate crimes related to the Magic world. They are also responsible for dealing with issues such as detaining criminals and passing judgement on to them. They patrol over a large span of land all across the country.'

So to me that means they have select garrisons in places and do patrols. That does mean they will be in every town at every point in time.

-------------------------
    Now dark guilds are an interesting one. They are essentially guilds that are not recognized by the magic council (and thus independent guilds are dark guilds technically). One reason that the dark guilds were not attacked by the magic council in canon is fear of retaliation I believe. They 'ignored' the big, bad dark guilds because attacking one would cause the full alliance to turn on them. It was only when a guild did something major that threatened the world as a whole (such as nirvana) that the magic council intervened.

Also, considering the amount of chaos that has gone on recently - Rising Tides (i'm sure hargeon would at least have a large naval base for the rune knights), Priory of the Wyrm (all large towns, all likely to have a garrison of some kind) and even as far back as the attack on Era....the rune knights rank's would be very thinned out and thus the magic council might not have the 'muscle' to deal with it.

--------------------------------
    So let's look at the main point 'corrupt magic council' concept. Firstly, the magic council only has jurisdiction in Fiore. It does not have jurisidiction over all of Ishval because each of the nations has its own government and some disdain magic entirely. Thus acts of evil done in other nations is that nations problem. Unless of course there is some sort of request made by like Peregrande to Fiore to arrest some people who fled into Fiore's borders or something.

So let's ignore any events outside of Fiore (including those on Wakusei portals or seperate nations like that of Black Rose).

The dark guilds (namely Savage Skull and Tartarus) have done a lot IC wise in events. Between these two dark guilds they revived Acnologia, killed a member of the magic council and levelled Era. They also were on the side of the Priory and helped in that case. They are meant to be a major military power in their own right and thus the magic council might be scared perhaps incase of retaliation.

Plus after things like Era I don't think ICwise the MC ever fully recovered and so is likely incredibly unstable and unpopular especially with things like the Rising Tides happening.

I believe the dark guilds are tolerated because the magic council is either a. scared or b. uses them when needed.

If I recall correctly somewhere in the rules it states that the magic council will hire dark guild members for 'darker' tasks that it wouldn't associated with the legal guilds e.g. assassination.

Now these 'darker' tasks are where things get a bit more interesting. From my understanding a guild is darked not so much for doing dark deeds, but doing dark deeds as jobs. E.g. you take a contract to kill someone. Thats one of the reasons why Eisenwald was darked in canon.

Now that's not to say the magic council condone wanton destruction and death. Even in canon they tried to disband Fairy Tail multiple times and arrest people like Erza for destruction.

So is the magic council corrupt in its entirity for the reasons you stated? No I don't think so.

However, as we have seen in canon it only takes one or two members within the council to be smart and manipulative enough for things to be taken down certain paths or for certain things to be ignored. Old man Yajima defended Fairy Tail and kept it out of as many scrapes as possible. Jellal and Ultear managed to manipulate them into powering up the Tower of Heaven.

The magic council is a council. It has 'votes' on actions and the chairman has the ruling vote. If any of them are corrupt it could cause the entire MC to be corrupt. Or perhaps they aren't corrupt, but are being manipulated from behind the scenes.

-----------------------------

Still a major issue is that we don't have a concrete timeline and we have liquid time. Threads can happen in the past, present or future. So its hard to exactly nail stuff down.

Is the Magic Council corrupted? Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Is the Magic Council corrupted? Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Is the Magic Council corrupted? Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : The True Nephalem
    Guild : Guildless

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nephalem Take Over
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Decayuss 27th June 2016, 12:53 am

Oh yeah, let's not forget the fact that Fiore has a king and an actual royal court and family. Like... a governmental body. Magic Council is for military operations and Mage/Guild rulers at best.

Unless of course this site is so non-canon (stuff from canon has been quoted thus far) that we have no royalty here either. In which case I wonder why the Crocus sub-form says:

"The King of Fiore and the Royal Family live here. Home of the annual Wizard's Guild Tournament: The Grand Magic Games."

Then again it says it's home of the annual Grand Magic Games as well. So it might as well be a lie next to another lie.

EDIT:

Screw the council! Who the effing H is our goddarn king!? Does anyone have any single idea!? We--quite obviously--do not house the canon Magic Council, so who is the king of this land that's... confusing beyond all reason!?

Is the Magic Council corrupted? Deacy2
    Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 27th June 2016, 2:42 am

Quote from the wiki:
    As the main ruling body of the entire Magic world, the Council possesses almost utmost control over it, acting as a leading government of sort. The Council rules all of the legal Guilds scattered throughout Earth Land, overseeing them and keeping them in check, and they are responsible for the events caused by Mages, also possessing the right to punish Mages who break the law and to confiscate magical artifacts which could potentially cause large-scale damage.

So it seems that the magic council actually have jurisdiction in every nation rather than just Fiore. At least in canon. So if we follow canon then the 'king' and stuff aren't nearly as important as the magic council. The king is likely similar to England's queen...a figurehead and then parliament makes the decisions (or in this case the magic council).

Or perhaps its like Harry Potter and the 'minitry for magic' deals with the magical side of things and the normal government deals with non-magical.

However, it does seem that at least in Fiore the Magic council regulates the legal guilds and can choose to attack/punish mages who break the laws.

I would say more than a magic council it would be good to at least have some 'laws' laid down officially.

Is the Magic Council corrupted? Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Is the Magic Council corrupted? Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Is the Magic Council corrupted? Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 27th June 2016, 9:30 am

Heavens no.  The King is the sovereign of Fiore and the government body.  The Magic Council is responsible for regulating the activity of Mages and keeping the magical in check.   Only 20% of Fiorians possess magic to one limited extent or another, while a number of nations don't possess any magic at all,  while others have a far larger percentage.  Each with their own independent organizations and social structure. 

Also,  that's just the source material.   That obviously does not apply here,  as each nation is dramatically and illogically different from one another to extreme degrees that defy reason.    Mages aren't even "Mages" outside of Fiore.  They're Samurai,  they're Musketeers,  they're Wizards,  or whatever the local term is.   Which isn't just a title either,  but representative of their role in their society and their (likely) training.

Is the Magic Council corrupted? NvVyM98

Is the Magic Council corrupted? CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    The Imp
    The Imp

Player 
    Lineage : Power of Apocalypse
    Experience : 150

Post by The Imp 27th June 2016, 9:39 am

From where I am sitting it just sounds like we need an NPC registry. Like let's put some names on paper here. Just give some names, some short bios, maybe a half magic app and we can make the MC a functioning body in no time. Same goes for the King.

Also appointing a couple people to control the NPCs would be wise. Like how we have mods with specific this and that, just have an NPC mod.
    Garlim
    Garlim

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Experience : 200

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Raijin Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Garlim 27th June 2016, 10:43 am

I haven't been here for long, and as such my past experiences are limited, but I think PC Magic Council members is a good idea. Outside of that, NPC Magic Council would be a suitable alternative, although I would like to see the law being laid down more frequently. I know that on RP sites people like playing the villain without any repercussions, but life isn't like that. Crack down on crooks.

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 3:07 am