Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy.

Hiro Villenn
    Hiro Villenn

Villain- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul of Belial
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Discussion Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy.

Post by Hiro Villenn 30th December 2014, 3:36 am

So I had this idea as this is a noncanon site and I can get a little creative but I quickly realized this idea wasn't something solely for me or anything I could really use but would be great if the site used it. Not so much as an event but as a whole plot thing the site can use and discard as needed.

Enter: the zeroth generation dragon slayer.

basic review of actual dragon slayer generations:

Now the zeroth generation is quite simple: half breeds.

Basically big scary and scaly got freaky with a human and badabing bada boom a half human half dragon hybrid appeared. These resulted in a zero generation dragon slayer whom I named Jabberwocky, the crazy dragon.

Jabberwocky has everything the other dragon slayers have only amplified even greater than what the third gen has in power, including the defensive prowess near that of an actual dragon. Additionally he can turn into a dragon and gain all the powers of a dragon.

Jabberwocky's ultimate goal is global domination with intent on gaining more and more power by killing dragons and dragon slayers and stealing their power by eating them. His rashness and short temper coupled by this are what give him the nickname "crazy dragon".

notice: do not give access to this form of dragon slayer as it is as unreasonably powerful as I wrote it and as it should be.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hiro Dialogue
    Mephistopheles Dialogue
    Hiro Thoughts

Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy. Hiro%27s+Siggy
    Aayla
    Aayla

Knight of Water

Knight of Water

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Pluto
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 15
    Mentor : Hydrianna (Water Dragon), Deniel (Takeover)
    Experience : 8500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: 3rd Generation Water Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Discussion Re: Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy.

Post by Aayla 30th December 2014, 4:42 am

LooooL I think Jabberwocky has great potential as an NPC villain actually... it would be cool to have him hunt down dragon slayers and beat them to a pulp, claiming that he killed their dragon mentors before them *nods nods*
    ouuuuu~ maybe with our plot line with the team, we could accidentally unleash him from hell :D

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy. Fc9659f1-c886-4f01-a734-cae0d61afbaf_zpsh3e1k6vj
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 13th January 2015, 1:52 am

Reveals from recent fairy tail chapters:

Ok based on the above, or based on what i'm about to say next, we don't need to make Jabberwocky some 'special gen of slayer'. We merely need to have him be a slayer who has used his magic for too long and perhaps used dragon force too much. As we know dragon force makes the user much more dragon-like (particularly seen on Wendy's use of it). Perhaps he also had lacrima as these seem to make the user more dragon like when used as well.

Anyway, so what i'm saying is what if Jabberwocky (to use canon stuff) has gone through a process that has put him 'halfway' to becoming an actual dragon. As such he has gained a lot of dragon's strengths to a much higher level to an average slayer and when he enters dragon force(which he can do whenever like a 3rd gen can) he actually becomes a dragon rather than just becoming more dragon-like.

This way rather than encorporating dragon-human intercourse we can have it so it is a little less freaky. On top of that we could potentially have it that one of his purpose's isn't so much to destroy dragon slayers, but to make them into half breeds like himself and use that power to take over the world and set himself up as the new dragon king.

Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy. Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy. Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy. Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Hiro Villenn
    Hiro Villenn

Villain- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : N/A
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul of Belial
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Post by Hiro Villenn 13th January 2015, 2:24 am

and Zack makes things less creepy which works to. >.>

XD but yeah whatever works. I just like the idea of the 'Jabberwocky', which was an alice in wonderland idea and is portrayed to look 'kinda' like a dragon. The poem its in, "Jabberwocky" is a nonsense poem hence calling him, as other literature does when they use the term "Crazy Dragon".

I need to read that poem.

Hiro Dialogue
    Mephistopheles Dialogue
    Hiro Thoughts

Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy. Hiro%27s+Siggy
    Friend
    Friend

Player 
    Lineage : Ice Cold
    Experience : 0

Post by Friend 13th January 2015, 4:05 am

Hey,

So I only just got here, and as such I'm unsure of how much my word is worth, but, for whatever it is worth, I'd just like to say I find this to be a fantastic idea. Adding an ultimate villain to a story-line can easily turn out great—which is probably why there are so many of them in storylines. Yet, I feel his motivation and reason for taking up the villainous position to be a bit bland. Simply wanting others to adopt a more draco-like visage or global domination are both pretty flat and therefore doesn't have much impact. Given that, I'd suggest that—if Jabberwocky were to be implemented—a profile is made for him giving background to the NPC and, by extension, some depth.

Though it's a little cliche, you could add some tragedy to his background which pushes him to become the villain. If he were to be the type of villain that could indirectly change the world, such as by causing a movement and having others follow in his footsteps, the tragedy would be something people could sympathise with. If he were the lone-wolf type who, as opposed to being able to inspire others, would collectively hold the hatred of the world, his background could involve him never having been right. I suppose making it akin to where, despite being evil to begin with, the lack of understanding from those beside him only furthered his position on the opposite side of the alignment-spectrum. That's still a background someone could sympathise with, but if you leave a little room for it, players might look forward to having interactions with him, even if their characters might hold only hatred.

Additionally, I feel that his 'Crazy Dragon' epithet should be expanded upon. Maybe, rather than crazy, he could be more easily associated with "insane". As if his mind was really twisted as opposed to being short of the average level of tolerance to, well, anything I suppose. A lack of rationale could make him difficult to comprehend, only furthering his position as a "villain"; if he was easy to understand, it would be too easy to sympathise with him, should his background be that kind of story. If people were to understand him, it'd be more sensible to be limited to those who had similarly fallen of the 'path of righteousness', or had never been on it to begin with.

Spoiler:

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 13th January 2015, 4:19 am

Wow. You went really indepth Latin.

Based on my idea I was thinking the whole 'turn into a dragon' thing might actually be what causes him to snap. He begins to see the world in a new way as he slowly transforms until he sees himself as a 'superior' being with the 'right to rule' and sees the world being like him(though less powerful of course) as a way of bettering it. So whilst everyone sees him as this 'evil insane ruler' he sees himself as a kind of prophet or a divine god who is here to better mankind.

You could also have it that he gains two powerful allies, a demigod and demidemon who were formerly god slayers and demonslayers.

Perhaps he also seeks to embody their powers as well as that of a dragon and thus gain more strength, become more divine and eventually become immortal as i'd expect him just to have a long life and not an endless one.

Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Friend
    Friend

Player 

Post by Friend 13th January 2015, 4:34 am

I thoroughly enjoy the idea of him being joined by a demigod and demidemon. In fact, you could add more flair to their positions and have some easter-eggs in their existence and positions with one another, e.g the jewish trio. Jabberwocky could be a water-related dragon slayer, hence "Leviathan". The demidemon could be a land-related demon slayer, hence "Behemoth", and the demigod could be a sky-related god slayer, hence "Ziz". But, that's just a thought—one of many.

As for the concept of superiority being the driving force behind his actions, how would that work with the other two demis? Given the circumstances of their existence, especially in correlation with one another, wouldn't they all be gunning for superiority? I do like the concept, though. With that sort of storyline, maybe a bit of expansion into why he thinks he's to better mankind? Being superior like that, he could go either way with the thought of himself, in terms of being a creature of evil that 'judges the sins of man', or a righteous creature that 'guides man, and asserts his position first with an iron fist of rule'.

Speaking of taking the powers of a demigod and demidemon, perhaps they could all be aware of his goals in doing this, and have the same goal in mind? For example, for the time being Jabberwocky had placed himself in charge by proving himself the most powerful amongst the three (likely by seniority and intellect as opposed to superior magic), and the reason none of them has taken action against each other to steal their powers is because none of them are more powerful than the other two combined. That way, the keep unity despite equal view of superiority of themselves in comparison to the others; like three sticks balancing against each other—they all oppose each other, but that opposition is what keeps them up.

Spoiler:

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 13th January 2015, 6:01 am

I have to say I am throughly liking your ideas. The concept there is quite good.

So each strives to be the dominant force....and each has their own plans to try to acheive it but they create a sort of balance...

Perhaps they could be an elemental triad so - demon is strong against god's element, god is strong against dragon's and dragon is strong against demon's. So if the demon is defeated somehow then there would be nothing stopping the god defeating the dragon and gaining superiority.

Mifune
    Mifune

The White Wizard

The White Wizard

Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Guild Master- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Oykai
    Experience : 500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Death Wish
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Mifune 13th January 2015, 2:18 pm

Acnologia..?

Krow
    Krow

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Mark of Cain
    Guild : Fairy Tail

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Krow 13th January 2015, 6:07 pm

Speed Demon Zack wrote:Wow. You went really indepth Latin.

Based on my idea I was thinking the whole 'turn into a dragon' thing might actually be what causes him to snap. He begins to see the world in a new way as he slowly transforms until he sees himself as a 'superior' being with the 'right to rule' and sees the world being like him(though less powerful of course) as a way of bettering it. So whilst everyone sees him as this 'evil insane ruler' he sees himself as a kind of prophet or a divine god who is here to better mankind.

You could also have it that he gains two powerful allies, a demigod and demidemon who were formerly god slayers and demonslayers.

Perhaps he also seeks to embody their powers as well as that of a dragon and thus gain more strength, become more divine and eventually become immortal as i'd expect him just to have a long life and not an endless one.

While I agree adding a Demi-god Half-blood Demon are good ideas. That'll inevitably make it so the plot targets God/Demon Slayer's over Dragon Slayer's. Once more making Dragon Slayer's seem utterly pathetic compared to the other two. Which is just my opinion as a Dragon Slayer.

Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy. GbnUMK2

Missions In Progress:
    Total Exp.: 562.5 Exp
    Rank Up Ratio: 562.5/750= 187.5 Exp Needed.
    Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 13th January 2015, 6:40 pm

Krow wrote:
    Speed Demon Zack wrote:Wow. You went really indepth Latin.

While I agree adding a Demi-god Half-blood Demon are good ideas. That'll inevitably make it so the plot targets God/Demon Slayer's over Dragon Slayer's. Once more making Dragon Slayer's seem utterly pathetic compared to the other two. Which is just my opinion as a Dragon Slayer.

This is something that we all can use as a sort of on going story with each other as slayers. There is nothing saying who will be stronger than the other or anything like that here. This sounds like it will be completely up to the person/people using the NPCs themselves.

Don't think of this as a sort of way for anyone like to put them over anyone else either because I can see these NPCs being used by anyone with a given reason as to how or something.

Don't take this as some way of Dragon slayers to look bad because really it just gives us on going enemies to use in threads if we want. Think of them as reoccurring villains or this is at least how I see them.

Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy. LxcTBIi
    Character Info:
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 14th January 2015, 12:58 am

I don't see how this will make one slayer type seem better than the others.

I suppose because god/demon could eat the slayer's elements, but we can always work out a way round that as these are plot villains.

Friend
    Friend

Player 

Post by Friend 14th January 2015, 4:36 am

Jabberwocky was the focus of this plot idea, therefore he should be the main focus. Given that, it's fairly easy fix of making him stronger than the demidemon and demigod (individually only), hence his position as the leader of the trio. The balance between the three is still retained, however, and I believe I explain this:

"For example, for the time being Jabberwocky had placed himself in charge by proving himself the most powerful amongst the three (likely by seniority and intellect as opposed to superior magic), and the reason none of them has taken action against each other to steal their powers is because none of them are more powerful than the other two combined."

And now that I think about it, Jabberwocky would be pretty similar to Acnologia if we went with the idea of him /turning into a dragon/ as opposed to simply being born as a half-breed. As for the people playing these NPCs, seeing as how it's a site-wide plot villain, I think control over these characters should be limited to able staff-members, or whoever is deemed skilled and responsible enough to handle them. Perhaps this newly formed event-division I've heard about could be given reigns over these chars, seeing how they are event-level NPCs.

Spoiler:

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 14th January 2015, 5:02 am

Similar to acnologia, but he won't be full dragon.

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 14th January 2015, 6:18 am

I wun stab it

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    MVPotato
    MVPotato

Player 
    Lineage : Comet

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by MVPotato 14th January 2015, 5:34 pm

So while I'm too new to really have any say on a site-wide plot, I got a plot bunny stuck in my head while reading through this thread and I figured I'd share it for shits and giggles.It basically revolves around the idea of making Jabberwocky a villain with morally understandable goals.

So what if Jabberwocky was a 1st-generation-style Dragon Slayer way back in the day when dragon's where all over the place. Why he's still around and only enacting his plot now...who knows? Maybe he got frozen in a block of ice or his half dragon biology made it so he ages muuuch slower and he's been plotting all this time...

So being raised by a dragon, Jabberwocky views dragons as kin and makes friends with a lot of them during whatever adventures he may have had back in the day. However skip ahead a few centuries and it seems like dragon's are all but extinct. Saddened by this, Jabberwocky allows himself to start turning into a dragon to honor them. This gives him a "crazy" idea. What if he can bring back the dragon species, who he basically saw as family?

This leads into the plot stuff where maybe he's doing things like stealing the draconic magic from dragon slayers to revive the dragons of old, or maybe forcing current dragon slayers to become dragons like he is becoming.

This kind of motivation might be cool because its fairly understandable (trying to bring back family and friends) and might even have the chance of some of the dragon slayers (whether they're npc or pc) of joining Jabberwocky in his efforts of bringing the dragons back, giving him some nice powerful minions and leading to a sort of War of the Dragon Slayers kind of thing.

Now, why might the rest of the world care if dragons come back or if a few dragon slayers are forced to become dragons? Well, for dragon slayers and some others, they know that dragons can be nice and friendly just like regular people. But for the rest of the world, dragons bring of the image of general destruction, kidnapped maidens, and hoards of stolen jewels. Plus they're much more powerful than humans and the risk they pose to the kingdom and the magic councel would be too great to ignore.

...well, that's it. Sorry for the block of text.

Last edited by MVPotato on 15th January 2015, 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bass
    Bass

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms-- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Mentor : -
    Experience : 125

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Naknight
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Bass 15th January 2015, 1:21 am

Thats actually quite an interesting take on it and makes him seem less like an evil douchebag.

Hmmmm...

Welcome Guest.

Massive site plot mechanic idea thingy. 8Xdz1Cq

Current missions(0/6):

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 2:59 pm