Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Official NPC registration!

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Official NPC registration!  Empty Official NPC registration!

Post by Kirahunter 25th June 2014, 1:04 pm

Official NPC registration!  Tumblr_mp5eduy6Fn1s0dr8co1_500

^ everyone who ever fought an NPC ever.

Registered NPCs!

Everyone has their backstories right? Everyone has people in their back stories and sometimes they want to bring their back story character into the spot light.

There arises a problem. Because let us say this character is their master and mentor a total magic badass. So the person who brings them into the rp wants them to be treated as S-Rank. But how is it fair to just let people summon S-Rank allies "for story purposes." At the same time it's not fair to force someone to make this character from their past weaker then they should be.

So let's register them, make apps and a section to check these apps and make them official.

Note: This is not for jobs, it is for side and support characters.

Suggested Rules:
    -Registered NPCs have to be lowered ranked then you with the exception of mentors.
    -Each player is allowed to register 1 NPC who is higher ranked then them, this is their magic mentor.
    -Registered NPCs can only use "simple magic." They can "have" complicated and full magics but the magic they use should be "simple"
    -Simple magic follows the same rules as secondary magic except it's the users primary magic.

This whole thing is still a WIP but feel free to post and thoughts or suggestions

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    HirokoD
    HirokoD

Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Guild : Nightmare
    Experience : 325

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Art of the Younger Ones
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Official NPC registration!  Empty Re: Official NPC registration!

Post by HirokoD 25th June 2014, 1:26 pm

I think this is a great idea, but only one thing, I've seen people also have enemies in they story and sometimes they want to fight against them of whatever, i think you could be more flexible with the rank thing and make enemies the any rank you wan't, it doesn't help them so i think it wouldn't be a problem.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Bank

Hiroko's Theme
    Zuo Cii
    Zuo Cii

Ye Olt Coot

Ye Olt Coot

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale Guildmaster
    Mentor : Feng Hang
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Of the Earth
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zuo Cii 26th June 2014, 10:46 am

There could be possible separate antagonist npc registration or something that is exempt from the rank limits. But if that was the case that NPC would have to be limited to only fighting a set group of people or single person.

Lamia Scale Theme:

Zuo Cii Main Theme:

Zuo Cii Battle Theme:
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Savage Skull / Aelyst Crux (Dragon Fang Co-Founder)
    Mentor : Dregon (Magic), Master Aoi (Weapons), & Edward (Combat)
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cʏʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄʏ
    Second Skill: Aʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴀʀ
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaseki 30th June 2014, 7:12 am

I think this is needed. It helps to have that one rival that interrupts all of your jobs, like a second boss. By making NPCs you can create a small world of people your character can interact with and toy with.

I mean, whats the fun in killing a corrupt Rune Knight that has no name?

Now if we call him Steve, give him a drug abuse problem, throw in a backstory about how his family was murdered... BOOM, much more interesting battle.

(I get tired of destroying nameless NPCs)

HirokoD
    HirokoD

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by HirokoD 30th June 2014, 8:15 am

I don't blame you, Having registered NPC's, enemies or allies, can make your story better and more interesting, but it's also true you have to put limits on this, such as what Kirahunter already pointed, but i have one question i really didn't understand. What do you mean with having a magic mentor? A simple mentor who taught you your basic magic and you somehow found him? or maybe you have another idea about that mentor. Because even those dudes should have rules such as not being in missions maybe, because it could be kind of unfair having D rank mages with a C rank mentor doing many C rank missions on their own.

Bank

Hiroko's Theme
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 30th June 2014, 8:23 am

The "mentor" is just whoever you contribute the majority of your magic training too. Pretty straight forward. If you don't have a mentor for your magic the "mentor" slot can go to a parent or something. Just whoever the biggest and most important person in your back story is.

Regarding mentor's being used to breeze through jobs:
    Do you see Igneel coming in to random do Natsu a solid and help him with a job?
    How often does Lucy's mom stop by to help her out with a job?
    When has Ur carried Grey through jobs?
    Does your kindergarten teacher come to help you at work?

Bottom line we just include a rule: "Mentors may not assist directly on jobs, ain't nobody got time for that."

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    HirokoD
    HirokoD

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by HirokoD 30th June 2014, 8:51 am

Jajaja, sounds fair to me, I think your right. Anyway, I like this idea.

Bank

Hiroko's Theme
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaseki 30th June 2014, 8:52 am

I actually started creating a few NPCs for the sake of my storyline, but I believe making something more official would greatly benefit the site.

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plague Craft
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 30th June 2014, 11:21 am

I like this idea, maybe we can do something with it in the history application. Or something a like,

however registering an npc, does that only refer to mentors and companions like characters. Or also to notable npc's that take part in your personal story line that may have minor or bigger roles in it.
    Like mine for instance, Cecilia who is dead. But still plays a huge part of Frederick's goals and existence

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaseki 30th June 2014, 11:25 am

Lord Frederik wrote:I like this idea, maybe we can do something with it in the history application. Or something a like,

however registering an npc, does that only refer to mentors and companions like characters. Or also to notable npc's that take part in your personal story line that may have minor or bigger roles in it.
    Like mine for instance, Cecilia who is dead. But still plays a huge part of Frederick's goals and existence

Maybe in the Regitration, turn the Char app into something smaller. Like Char + History app and make the req. words like 250 or something,

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 30th June 2014, 11:29 am

@Fred if they are important: go for it.

I see only one minimal "significance" requirement on NPCs to be registered: They have to be worth the trouble of filling out the app.

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Emilia Crohil
    Emilia Crohil

Quality Badge Level 1- Player 
    Lineage : Caine's Descent
    Guild : Garou Knights
    Mentor : Jackson Crohil
    Experience : 5512.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Force Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Emilia Crohil 5th July 2014, 11:05 am

Lord Frederik wrote:I like this idea, maybe we can do something with it in the history application. Or something a like,

I think the only NPCs that would have to be registered would be those who may be encountered in RP, so mostly mentors, companions, or rivals. You example with Cecilia probably wouldn't need registration, since she wouldn't have any direct interaction in RPs.

Character| Magic| Bank| Theme
    Official NPC registration!  FJRTsUq
    Other Siggies:

Post by Guest 5th July 2014, 4:20 pm

All my NPC's have ended up either as fully fledged characters (Kara Matheson and Lucille Grove) or have ended up dead. Nonetheless I like this idea as it allows other people to interact with other players NPCs (although with permission) without too many questions asked as the info would be here.

Might be worth having somewhere for a personality as well for those who have planned their NPCs to a high degree.
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 5th July 2014, 4:30 pm

An instance where this could have been useful:

Way back during "End to an Era" I wanted to bring in a character relevant to Simon's story line to make some stuff happen. However said character was meant to be a higher rank then Simon and it felt wrong to have a higher ranked guardian angel fighting with me during a site wide event. So I ended up not doing it to avoid raising the issue.

But now that I think about it, even with this "mentors" shouldn't be in site events. At that point everyone on the site has access to an s-rank character regardless of their own skill and will likely be tempted to try and throw their "mentor" into the spot light to indirectly earn some "glory."

Thoughts?

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Haru-senpai
    Haru-senpai

Moderator- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descendant
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 12
    Mentor : Igneel, & Noheme the Fox
    Experience : 11,106.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Dragon Force
    Third Skill:

Post by Haru-senpai 5th July 2014, 11:02 pm

I wholeheartedly support this idea. Not only would it allow for new character creation. It would allow you to register your Mentor as an S or H ranked badass. Useful for all types of topics and threads.

My only request is if this is implemented, you get one Mentor use every 10 topics. So that people can't call down their Mentor randomly to own someone much higher ranked than them.

Overall Kira, great idea bro. Implement everything else I say.

I suggest the NPC App Mirror the 'Character Creation App' as much as possible though.

× Bio
    × Magic

Official NPC registration!  Rose

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaseki 7th July 2014, 6:25 am

So if we edit the character sheet... Obviously the guild asepct vanishes, since the can't really join a guild but.....

I dunno, this is just me trying to contribute and create.

Name: (Name your character)
    Nickname: (Do they go by another name?)
    Species: (Human, Golem, Fairy...?)
    Birthday: (When was he/she born, mm/dd (Month and day only. No year))
    Sexuality: (Gay, bi, or straight)
    Region: (Where do they live? Where are they found?)

Personality: (What is their personality like, at least 200 words, two paragraphs; first explaining the NPC's history, and the second on the NPC's interaction with other people.)
    Likes:(What does your character like and why? ) 3 minimum, bullet point them individually, with at least one sentence to describe them.
    Dislikes: (What does your character dislike and why?) 3 minimum, bullet point them individually, with at least one sentence to describe them.
    Motivations: (What motivates your character in life?) 3 minimum, bullet point them individually, with at least one sentence to describe them.
    Fears: (What does your character fear in life? Can be phobia or anything else. ) 3 minimum, bullet point them individually, with at least one sentence to describe them.

General Appearance

Height: (How tall is your character)
    Weight: (How much does your character weigh)
    Hair: (What color is the hair and how is it designed)
    Eyes: (What color are the eyes)
    Skin Tone: (How is the skin tone, light, dark, etc)
    Appearance: (What is your characters general appearance. Physical and clothing is needed)

Codey Code:

HirokoD
    HirokoD

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by HirokoD 7th July 2014, 8:06 am

I think the only thing missing is the rank

Bank

Hiroko's Theme
    Zuo Cii
    Zuo Cii

Ye Olt Coot

Ye Olt Coot

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale Guildmaster
    Mentor : Feng Hang
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Of the Earth
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Zuo Cii 7th July 2014, 8:06 am

I think to reduce mod strain we should cut personality and reduce the appearance to just a picture.

We also have to include their magic, if they use it.

I think the magic should be kept as simple as:

Name of Magic:
    Type:
    Description:
    Abilities/Powers:

Spells:

Now I have simplified this to the extreme because if we did the full on app it would more then double the mod work load.

To stop people from abusing the lack of a weakness section and once again to cut down on the work mods would have to do I suggest that they only get a single At Rank spell and the majority of their magic power is kept in passives.

This shouldn't be a problem since they are only support characters. Also if done well a passive can be a magic all on it's own.

For example they could put for a power:

-Fire Manipulation(B): The user can create and control fire up to the size of a car. Using this power costs 5% mana per post.

Bam easy to approve and usable magic right there.

It may seem limited and not good, but for a support character it's good. It's also open ended which a huge strength on it's own and allows for freedom of rp.

Or if we just have to have spells we can just use simple spells:

-Fire Ball(B): The caster extends their palm and shoots a fire ball the size of a person for up to 30 meters.

-Fire Beam(C): User points at their target and shoots a narrow beam of piercing fire.

We have the technology.

Also I think they should be able to join a guild if that is how the user wants to rp them. That is their call.

Lamia Scale Theme:

Zuo Cii Main Theme:

Zuo Cii Battle Theme:
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaseki 7th July 2014, 8:14 am

So really it's...

Name: (Name your character)
    Nickname: (Do they go by another name?)
    Species: (Human, Golem, Fairy...?)
    Birthday: (When was he/she born, mm/dd (Month and day only. No year))
    Sexuality: (Gay, bi, or straight)
    Region: (Where do they live? Where are they found?)

Description: (A description of the NPC, personality, do they have one?... You may use a picture for appearance)
    Likes:(What does your character like and why? ) 3 minimum, bullet point them individually, with at least one sentence to describe them.
    Dislikes: (What does your character dislike and why?) 3 minimum, bullet point them individually, with at least one sentence to describe them.
    Motivations: (What motivates your character in life?) 3 minimum, bullet point them individually, with at least one sentence to describe them.
    Fears: (What does your character fear in life? Can be phobia or anything else. ) 3 minimum, bullet point them individually, with at least one sentence to describe them.

General Appearance

Height: (How tall is your character)
    Weight: (How much does your character weigh)
    Hair: (What color is the hair and how is it designed)
    Eyes: (What color are the eyes)
    Skin Tone: (How is the skin tone, light, dark, etc)
    Appearance: (What is your characters general appearance. Physical and clothing is needed)

Codey code:

Emilia Crohil
    Emilia Crohil

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Emilia Crohil 7th July 2014, 9:04 am

I think there should be a differentiation between mentors/allies and nemeses (nemisiseses?). Nemeses would have a bit more detail to their magic, maybe and could be used more often, since you're probably going to be fighting them. Imagine this, you've just reached the end of the Hunter mission, soloing it and suddenly who else but (your equivalent of) Gary Mother******* Oak is there to rain in your parade.

Other Siggies:
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 8th July 2014, 9:46 am

No kaseki. I meant the entire personality, fear, motivation, likes, dislike stuff. That's not too terribly important and no one reads that anyway. Don't need it for side characters.

Also the entire appearance section can be replaced by a picture.

I do agree we should be able to make Gary Mother ****ing Oak. An at-rank nemesis. However I personally think a nemesis is something you can obtain IC in the form of another player, makes the rivalry a bit more real.

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Emilia Crohil
    Emilia Crohil

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Emilia Crohil 8th July 2014, 12:05 pm

True, but sometimes you want a deep seated rivalry that involves the characters backgrounds being deeply intertwined, and it can be hard to find someone willing to make a character of the background you want your rival to have. That's where an NPC rival would come in.

Other Siggies:

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 12:18 am