Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Suggestion: Bounty System

X-kun
    X-kun

VIP- Guild Master- God Slayer- Richie Rich- Rich- Player 
    Lineage : Shinigami Protection
    Position : None
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ice God Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Suggestion: Bounty System Empty Suggestion: Bounty System

Post by X-kun 30th May 2014, 5:10 pm

Suggestion: Bounty System

So, what is a bounty?
    A bounty is a way for us as members of the forum to better distinguish between heroes and villains, all the while stimulating combative situations between others. Essentially, all Guildless who behave like villains will be given a value asserted to them, one based on their actions taken IC. The more evil things that you do, the higher your bounty will be. For those who play heroes, you will be able to try to claim these bounties. In some sense, consider yourself a bounty hunter. You can fight against those with bounties and if you manage to defeat them, you will receive their bounty in jewels. Again, this includes Guildless who play the roles of heroes.

So, how often can you attempt to claim a bounty?
    To ensure that you don't harrass those who have a bounty, you will be able to claim up to one bounty per month. Should you fail, you cannot receive a reward for the month.

Which topics can you join?
    For someone who has a bounty, if they engage within a topic that is [OPEN], you may enter it and attempt to claim it.

Which topics can't I join?
    You cannot attempt to claim a bounty within a topic that is plot-related.

What if someone with a bounty only does closed topics?
    We cannot force a person to make an open topic if they do not want to. What it ultimately comes to is the discretion of the RPers, both the one with the bounty and the one without it.

If I'm trying to claim the bounty on someone, am I allowed to kill them?
    Bounties still follow the same rules as they do with the rest of the board. Killing is only allowed with the consent of both parties. If you want to claim a reward on a target, you must defeat them. Killing isn't necessary.

Does that mean then that those with bounties can't kill either?
    That means exactly that. You cannot kill someone, even if they enter your thread.

How much will you make per month?
    Good Guys:
    If you manage to claim a bounty, you will be paid however much that bounty is worth.
    Bad Guys:
    If you manage to protect your bounty, you earn how much the bounty is worth, although you'd have to protect for quite some time. I don't have any set idea for the time that you keep your bounty for so that's up to the staff.

Who's am I allowed to capture/go after?
    You are only allowed to go after those at your rank or higher. Although going too high is a nuisance too, hence I say you can only go after those of your rank or ONE rank higher. No more, no less.

What if someone ends up metagaming or godmods in my topic?
    If someone ends up metagaming or godmod, then they risk losing the fight. If it were the criminal, there is the chance that the money can be rewarded to the other one, though that is up to the discretion of the staff. If it were a person who is trying to claim a bounty, then they can risk forfeiting the fight and losing out on cashing in for the month.

With the above being said, I will now go on to who assigns the bounties and what are the requirements for bounties. Firstly, only the Magic Council/Rune Knights (though I'm leaning over to MC only) can assign bounties, but it simply can't just be any MC member. It must be a Magic Council member of at the least, A-Rank. I clearly state a Magic Council member because it simply follows the story of Fairy Tail. Don't the Magic Council pick out who's legal, who's not, who's causing disturbances, etc? I see it that way, hence making the bounty system so.

I believe I've covered everything I'd like to discuss. Please feel free to contact me via Skype: "gotsometaro". Or even PM me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nightken
    Nightken

Electric Reaper

Electric Reaper

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Guild Master- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Cursed Seal
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : Izunagi Blackwing(Dead)
    Experience : 13,894

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Lightning
    Second Skill: Metal
    Third Skill:

Suggestion: Bounty System Empty Re: Suggestion: Bounty System

Post by Nightken 30th May 2014, 5:16 pm

Seems interesting I wouldn't mind this being thrown into the site

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Suggestion: Bounty System For_nightken_of_ftrp_by_tehfrostyheart-d72m9kl
    Suggestion: Bounty System 5Wr4WuE
    Themes:

Missions Complete-
    100 year:
    10 year:
    SS:
    S:
    A:
    B: 3
    C: 4
    D: 6

Bank
    Yiruma Draco
    Yiruma Draco

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Mentor : Ryūjin
    Experience : 0

Post by Yiruma Draco 30th May 2014, 5:22 pm

xD i like this

Suggestion: Bounty System Coollo10
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 30th May 2014, 5:23 pm

It's cool in theory. But~
    And this is a big but
    No one is going to let their character get caught. Same reason why they dont let themselves get killed. You'd need permission from the villain to bring them in, and no one is going to say "sure, take me in officer bounty hunter". Also, what happens after they get caught (IF they get caught). Will they RP in prison or something? How will they get out? Prison breaks every single time? "I said if you BEAT THEM Zenshin you dunce" - I imagine you saying. Yeah, sure, but it won't make sense IC if you get paid for beating up a wanted, dangerous criminal. Plus, what proof would you have? You'd need to bring them in hence my earlier points.
    If I'm silly and don't understand this, explain these things to me. Other than that, Im on board.

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    X-kun
    X-kun

VIP- Guild Master- God Slayer- Richie Rich- Rich- Player 
    Lineage : Shinigami Protection
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ice God Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by X-kun 31st May 2014, 10:01 am

The way I see it, it's possible for a villain to be caught. Killing isn't necessary when taking a bounty in. You'd simply have to beat them, defeat them, take them to the MC. If you do kill them (permission must be given from both sides) then kudos to you!

How they will get out is up to them, but I say we can, as a group, can compromise on a specific set time. This time would be similar to a cool down before villains are allowed to escape again. This way, one cannot abuse the system. If someone has been caught, the hero who caught them shall receive the bounty and the villain loses his bounty, no one is then able to attack this villain once again. One cannot godmod and take no damage. If a villain is beat, there's no reason they shouldn't be taken away. You don't lose anything besides your bounty.

Despite the fact that, yes, you must beat them, you don't simply best up any villain for being a villain. The villain must have done something worth receiving a bounty. Killing MILLIONS if citizens, attacking cities, etc, would be a good reason to receive a bounty. You don't need proof if someone has done something IC worth noticing. If a town has been destroyed, new travels fast. Everyone in Fiore shall be notified, including your characters. If you're speaking of proof for defeating the villain, part of this job of a bounty hunter is to deliver them to the Magic Council. Failure to do this results in a fail; no money for you, and you can't attack for another month.

This is how I see it. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask like sir Zenshin here!

Dave
    Dave

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Swords
    Guild : Tartarus
    Experience : 1,025

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Re-quip: Chaos Master
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 31st May 2014, 11:24 am

And how would the reward work for villains, if any? It sucks getting attacked for doing something minor like vandalism, for example. Since the majority of evildoers are in a guild that is kinda neutral when it comes to evildoing, chances are they wont go on rampages or anything of the sort. If anything, I just imaging the MC fining them.

And when I made the comparison to the no killing without consent rule, it could be the same with this. Someone doesn't want to get attacked, the "hero" comes swooping in anyways and fights them. It's a little strange to think about forced PvP on a site where PvP is the weakest system.

Also, villains IC dont particularly go around attacking cities or going on killing sprees. And chances are the ones that do won't be getting caught

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed
    S-Ranked: 0
    A-Ranked: 0
    B-Ranked: 2
    C-Ranked: 3
    D-Ranked: 5

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Exp: 1025/3750
    ~ Lady of Midnight ~
    ~ Lady of Midnight ~

Endless Abyss

Endless Abyss

Moderator- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Kohl's Plague
    Guild : Black Rose
    Mentor : The Stars
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cosmic Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by ~ Lady of Midnight ~ 31st May 2014, 9:33 pm

Zeon
    Zeon

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Experience : 337,500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Rift Skin
    Second Skill: Ishrowan's Gift
    Third Skill:

Post by Zeon 1st June 2014, 2:11 am

Yeah the only thing missing from that is the fact that criminal organizations would also place bounties to remove any enemies from their plans. Other than that I like it.
    Zeno
    Zeno

Emotional Tempest 1

Emotional Tempest 1

Administrator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- H-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Villain- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Link
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Experience : 337,500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Major Arcana
    Second Skill: Minor Arcana
    Third Skill:

Post by Zeno 1st June 2014, 4:43 am

To be honest, I don't feel the immediate need for a bounty system like this. The main reason being that the Magic Council already has the freedom to put a bounty on someone's head and reach out to any mage, or even several, to become the bounty hunter.

In character arrangements like this can already be made.

Suggestion: Bounty System Zeno1_by_gramcrackers-d7l4bjh

Current date/time is 18th May 2024, 5:10 pm