Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Bounty Hunting

Fernus Darkslayer
    Fernus Darkslayer

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Backed by Prophecy
    Position : None
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Self-Taught
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Red Flame Magic
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Bounty Hunting Empty Bounty Hunting

Post by Fernus Darkslayer 23rd November 2016, 4:28 am

I'd just like to put it out there that I love the idea of mercenaries and bounty hunters. I think a system that allowed bounties to be placed on people would be really cool. For example, if I had just defeated one of my adversaries in battle, they could place a price on my head, someone could accept the bounty and I would have to fend them off. Of course, you would have to give someone your permission before they went after you, after that, a thread could be made about the bounty and anyone could accept the bounty. I don't think light mages could place or accept bounties on other light mages, but it could work. Bodyguards could be hired to protect targets or good Samaritans could protect targets out of their own kindness.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Second chances are important, but so is the law, break the law, I break you"

Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

Bounty Hunting Empty Re: Bounty Hunting

Post by Shard 23rd November 2016, 5:33 am

I don't think this really needs a system. Maybe a board where people can post 'bounties' they have put on someone.

After all, its one person paying the bounty for another person being beaten and that person doesn't ever have to thread with you so its not like staff would even need to intervene except to exchange the jewels if you suceed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    Bounty Hunting HqzsHuT
    Fernus Darkslayer
    Fernus Darkslayer

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Fernus Darkslayer 23rd November 2016, 10:59 pm

That makes sense Shard

Post by Guest 24th November 2016, 7:52 am

This was something that we had beforehand, but it ended up causing a lot of needless drama and was removed because of it. You can do this on your own; however, this is not something that will be added back.
    Fernus Darkslayer
    Fernus Darkslayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Fernus Darkslayer 26th November 2016, 4:14 am

OK, I can understand that

Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 28th November 2016, 2:28 am

Unless I missed it (totally possible) we never had a bounty hunting rule.
    We had an invasion rule where darks could invade legal jobs and legals could invade dark jobs in order to try and stop the job succeeding. That's not the same as a bounty.

Essentially, what this would be would be 'Bob got beaten by Jim. Bob wants revenge so offers up a jewel reward. Cathie wants that jewel reward so sets up a thread with Jim. If Cathie wins then she gets the reward'. This is not the same as the invasion system.

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    Bounty Hunting HqzsHuT
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 28th November 2016, 6:50 pm

Shard wrote:Unless I missed it (totally possible) we never had a bounty hunting rule.
    We had an invasion rule where darks could invade legal jobs and legals could invade dark jobs in order to try and stop the job succeeding. That's not the same as a bounty.

Essentially, what this would be would be 'Bob got beaten by Jim. Bob wants revenge so offers up a jewel reward. Cathie wants that jewel reward so sets up a thread with Jim. If Cathie wins then she gets the reward'. This is not the same as the invasion system.

The similarities between the invasion system and this one are greater than the differences. Marcy's post is still correct.

Bounty Hunting MQNhOUw

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 5:26 am