Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

PVP stuff I just thought of

Yoshino
    Yoshino

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Curse of the White Witch
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Grandeeney the Sky Dragon / Aeras the Sky Dragon
    Experience : 325

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sky DragonSlayer Magic
    Second Skill: Sky DragonSlayer Magic (Lacrima)
    Third Skill:

PVP stuff I just thought of Empty PVP stuff I just thought of

Post by Yoshino 18th February 2014, 4:09 am

Username: Blanc
    Suggestion Idea Name: PVP Items, ranks and tickets.
    Suggestion Details: I just thought that maybe, we could add some more fun and challenges in the PVP section of the forums, seeing how it's just plain PVP. I was thinking of first, adding PVP ranks which indicates how strong and strategic a certain character is. To be able to gain a rank, one must win in fights and have the required number of wins to be able to gain a rank or to be promoted to be in a higher rank. Points could be given out depending on how strong the opponent is.  Also, once a character lost in a fight, they may lose points and may lose the rank it's holding.

Next, the PVP items. Once a character wins in a fight, he/she may gain some tickets depending also on how strong his opponent is. The stronger the greater. They may use these tickets to be able to buy some PVP merchandise. (I was thinking that these Equipment bought in the PVP shop can only be used in PVP but.. It's kinda weird @_@) Although, once a character loses in a fight, he does not lose tickets but does not gain any.

Lastly, I was thinking of adding another section which is Practice PVP. In Practice PVP, it will be like the simple PVP with nothing lost and nothing won. This could be the place where characters practice their strategies to be able to fight more effectively in the Ranked PVP.

Other Information: This stuff just popped out of my mind and I was thinking that it MIGHT help the characters to be more strategic in their fights.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

PVP stuff I just thought of Yoshino2_by_blancwhiteheart-d7kku9e

PVP stuff I just thought of Yoshino_by_blancwhiteheart-d7fh0uc
    PVP stuff I just thought of 2_by_gramcrackers-d66nk5f

PVP stuff I just thought of Empty Re: PVP stuff I just thought of

Post by Guest 18th February 2014, 4:57 am

I like the idea of a rankings system since it adds a bit more competitiveness to PvP (and moar is better when it comes to that, RAWR!), but the problem that will most likely occur is that which we actually spoke about the other day; people who simply WON'T lose. Some people won't accept losing a fight because it would damage their points and their ranking. Perhaps simply gaining battle points would be a better method here, and have a very specific ranking system.

We could have a PvP top 10 which would simply be decided via some kind of a tournament, then have players apply for battles against those top 10 (in order of course), before having a moderated battle for the position they're battling. If a player wins, they take that spot on the ladder. If they lose, they wait a set period of time before challenging again.

I think I remember there being talk of having PvP battles giving you exp or rank ups a while back, so it's possible this could be implemented.

There are just my thoughts on the matter, chucking more ideas into the mix as well as that main concern that springs to mind.
    Yoshino
    Yoshino

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Yoshino 18th February 2014, 5:08 am

Legacy wrote:I like the idea of a rankings system since it adds a bit more competitiveness to PvP (and moar is better when it comes to that, RAWR!), but the problem that will most likely occur is that which we actually spoke about the other day; people who simply WON'T lose. Some people won't accept losing a fight because it would damage their points and their ranking. Perhaps simply gaining battle points would be a better method here, and have a very specific ranking system.

We could have a PvP top 10 which would simply be decided via some kind of a tournament, then have players apply for battles against those top 10 (in order of course), before having a moderated battle for the position they're battling. If a player wins, they take that spot on the ladder. If they lose, they wait a set period of time before challenging again.

I think I remember there being talk of having PvP battles giving you exp or rank ups a while back, so it's possible this could be implemented.

There are just my thoughts on the matter, chucking more ideas into the mix as well as that main concern that springs to mind.

The ladder is a very great idea.

As for your issue about the people who won't accept defeat, I was thinking of having some kind of PVP Moderators who profess in calculating the damage to tell whether the opponent is defeated or not to judge the fight. They also have keen observation to tell if an action is done fairly or not since the dice is removed and probably, there could be godmodding issues. Once a PVP mod's decision has been said, then the players should accept it or have a "small" talk with the PVP mod. Well, I guess that's what I'm thinking. xD

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Felicity
    Felicity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Advertisement Achievement Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Evil Angel
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 75987.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Toxic Scourge
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Felicity 18th February 2014, 5:47 am

Blanc-pyon wrote:Username: Blanc (Correction: You're Blanc-pyon lawl JK)
    Suggestion Details: I just thought that maybe, we could add some more fun and challenges in the PVP section of the forums, seeing how it's just plain PVP. I was thinking of first, adding PVP ranks which indicates how strong and strategic a certain character is. <- Like the rank system we have in place for Mages? D, C, B etc etc? If yes, then imao the Rank system that we currently have should work fine o3o To be able to gain a rank, one must win in fights and have the required number of wins to be able to gain a rank or to be promoted to be in a higher rank. Points could be given out depending on how strong the opponent is.  Also, once a character lost in a fight, they may lose points and may lose the rank it's holding. <- What's the purpose of these points?

Next, the PVP items. Once a character wins in a fight, he/she may gain some tickets depending also on how strong his opponent is. The stronger the greater. They may use these tickets to be able to buy some PVP merchandise. (I was thinking that these Equipment bought in the PVP shop can only be used in PVP but.. It's kinda weird @_@) Although, once a character loses in a fight, he does not lose tickets but does not gain any. <- Sounds good ^^ Since it gives a chance for the lower rank mages and newbies to get a shot with items as well. Though if we're using the current Rank System, their chances of winning something great holds no hope. *Shrug*

Lastly, I was thinking of adding another section which is Practice PVP. In Practice PVP, it will be like the simple PVP with nothing lost and nothing won. This could be the place where characters practice their strategies to be able to fight more effectively in the Ranked PVP. <-Yep yep. All in for this one!~ Though I'm not really sure how many people will use it xD And after all, the Arena we have currently is something similar lol.

Other Information: This stuff just popped out of my mind and I was thinking that it MIGHT help the characters to be more strategic in their fights.

WE'LL HELP TONIGHT TO SPLIT ITS SEAMS
    GIVE THE BRUISES OUT LIKE GIFTS, YOU'LL GET THE PICTURE OF YOUR DREAMS
    PVP stuff I just thought of ObrztW

Yoshino
    Yoshino

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Yoshino 18th February 2014, 5:51 am

Aedre wrote:
    Suggestion Details: I just thought that maybe, we could add some more fun and challenges in the PVP section of the forums, seeing how it's just plain PVP. I was thinking of first, adding PVP ranks which indicates how strong and strategic a certain character is. <- Like the rank system we have in place for Mages? D, C, B etc etc? If yes, then imao the Rank system that we currently have should work fine o3o To be able to gain a rank, one must win in fights and have the required number of wins to be able to gain a rank or to be promoted to be in a higher rank. Points could be given out depending on how strong the opponent is.  Also, once a character lost in a fight, they may lose points and may lose the rank it's holding. <- What's the purpose of these points?

Next, the PVP items. Once a character wins in a fight, he/she may gain some tickets depending also on how strong his opponent is. The stronger the greater. They may use these tickets to be able to buy some PVP merchandise. (I was thinking that these Equipment bought in the PVP shop can only be used in PVP but.. It's kinda weird @_@) Although, once a character loses in a fight, he does not lose tickets but does not gain any. <- Sounds good ^^ Since it gives a chance for the lower rank mages and newbies to get a shot with items as well. Though if we're using the current Rank System, their chances of winning something great holds no hope. *Shrug*

Lastly, I was thinking of adding another section which is Practice PVP. In Practice PVP, it will be like the simple PVP with nothing lost and nothing won. This could be the place where characters practice their strategies to be able to fight more effectively in the Ranked PVP. <-Yep yep. All in for this one!~ Though I'm not really sure how many people will use it xD And after all, the Arena we have currently is something similar lol.

First, the ranks would be something like Private, Veteran, Warlord, etc. which can usually be found in MMORPG games with a PVP system. Next, the purpose of the points are to indicate which rank a certain player is. For example: 800 = Warlord. These points could lessen if, for example, you get defeated, and it increases if you claim victory in the match.

Felicity
    Felicity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Advertisement Achievement Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Evil Angel
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 75987.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Toxic Scourge
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Felicity 18th February 2014, 6:08 am

Blanc-pyon wrote:
    Aedre wrote:

First, the ranks would be something like Private, Veteran, Warlord, etc. which can usually be found in MMORPG games with a PVP system. Next, the purpose of the points are to indicate which rank a certain player is. For example: 800 = Warlord. These points could lessen if, for example, you get defeated, and it increases if you claim victory in the match.

Welp, I still fail to understand the requirement of these ranks. Here's why: Suppose an H Rank mage is fighting an A Rank (For the sake of fair competition xD) Now, the H Rank is Private according to this PvP Rank System. The A Rank is Warlord, okie?
    Now, just tell me... Does being a Private stop the H Rank mage from casting his H Ranked spell? Or does being a Warlord make the A Rank's spells stronger? If this PvP Rank System fails to stop the higher ranked mage from using his magic in its full glory; then the winner is pretty much evident.
    Just in case you want these Ranks to give a boost only to the mage's physical stats, then remember that this is a FT RP, so battle would mostly include magic and even major damage will be dealt with spells; thus making the whole PvP Rank System useless again.

WE'LL HELP TONIGHT TO SPLIT ITS SEAMS
    GIVE THE BRUISES OUT LIKE GIFTS, YOU'LL GET THE PICTURE OF YOUR DREAMS
    PVP stuff I just thought of ObrztW

Yoshino
    Yoshino

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Yoshino 19th February 2014, 3:34 am

Aedre wrote:
    Blanc-pyon wrote:
    Aedre wrote:

Welp, I still fail to understand the requirement of these ranks. Here's why: Suppose an H Rank mage is fighting an A Rank (For the sake of fair competition xD) Now, the H Rank is Private according to this PvP Rank System. The A Rank is Warlord, okie?
    Now, just tell me... Does being a Private stop the H Rank mage from casting his H Ranked spell? Or does being a Warlord make the A Rank's spells stronger? If this PvP Rank System fails to stop the higher ranked mage from using his magic in its full glory; then the winner is pretty much evident.
    Just in case you want these Ranks to give a boost only to the mage's physical stats, then remember that this is a FT RP, so battle would mostly include magic and even major damage will be dealt with spells; thus making the whole PvP Rank System useless again.

The ranks won't affect the strength of the magic. The mage can cast any spell that it has knowledge of to be able to gain the favor of the battle. So an H-ranked private may cast any spells to be able to defeat the A-ranked warlord and vice versa. The main concept for this PVP is to help mages to become more strategic to be able to win. The ranks simply indicate how much battles a mage won or lost.

Ahira Navarre
    Ahira Navarre

Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of the Peace
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Bow Magic
    Second Skill: Secondary Generation Fire
    Third Skill:

Post by Ahira Navarre 19th February 2014, 9:41 am

This all would work if we actually have proper pvp mods, proper pvp rules and proper magic systems and well balanced magics. Which you know... we don't. heheh.

Experience Gained: 150
    D: (/////)
    C: (/////)

PVP stuff I just thought of Icon_weapon_ge_bow_0002_redPVP stuff I just thought of Icon_armor_ge_neck_0003_bluePVP stuff I just thought of Icon_item_mount_quest_01PVP stuff I just thought of Momo_icon__avatar__the_last_airbender__by_pinkfirefly135-d575wmc
    PVP stuff I just thought of 2imb2oo

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st February 2014, 2:33 am

PVP more than a system is just where people can fight one another. It has no major impact currently on anything. However, incorporating a proper PVP system could be interesting it might encourage PVP fights other than in events.

Ranking seems fine.

PVP gear...is a no from me. This isn't WOW afterall.

I don't think the ranks would necessarily show how stategic someone is...after all they could have won through raw power or skill. Skill doesn't necessarily mean strategy. Zack is highly skilled, but he doesn't stategise. He just goes by raw instinct

PVP stuff I just thought of Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

PVP stuff I just thought of Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

PVP stuff I just thought of Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Haru-senpai
    Haru-senpai

Moderator- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descendant
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 12
    Mentor : Igneel, & Noheme the Fox
    Experience : 11,106.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Dragon Force
    Third Skill:

Post by Haru-senpai 21st February 2014, 10:16 am

I like this idea. Make another post, and I'll see about getting it stickied in the PvP section! (Make another post showing how many wins it takes to be considered each rank----the ladder is self explanatory! Listing wins---losses---ties of course.)

~ Heero

× Bio
    × Magic

PVP stuff I just thought of Rose

Seijin
    Seijin

The Panda

The Panda

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alt Account- Get Married- Get Divorced- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Hired Help- Devotee of Darkness- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Innocent- Guilty- Pardoned- The Completionist- World Traveler- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Monty Python- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Motor City Rush- Rainbow- Hero- Villain- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Royal Panda
    Guild : None
    Cosmic Coins :
    Dungeon Tokens :
    Mentor : None
    Experience :

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Panda Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Seijin 21st February 2014, 9:11 pm

Seems interesting.
    Yoshino
    Yoshino

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Yoshino 27th February 2014, 4:50 am

Speed Demon Zack wrote:PVP more than a system is just where people can fight one another. It has no major impact currently on anything. However, incorporating a proper PVP system could be interesting it might encourage PVP fights other than in events.

Ranking seems fine.

PVP gear...is a no from me. This isn't WOW afterall.

I don't think the ranks would necessarily show how stategic someone is...after all they could have won through raw power or skill. Skill doesn't necessarily mean strategy. Zack is highly skilled, but he doesn't stategise. He just goes by raw instinct

Thanks for your opinion. I'll update this suggestion soon. xD

Heero-sama wrote:I like this idea. Make another post, and I'll see about getting it stickied in the PvP section! (Make another post showing how many wins it takes to be considered each rank----the ladder is self explanatory! Listing wins---losses---ties of course.)

~ Heero

Thanks Heero! : D I'll work with the ranking system soon.

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 8:08 pm