Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Box of Chocolates (C/Icaurs/Ahote)

Ahote
    Ahote

Moderator- Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Position : -
    Guild : Hidden Blades
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,246,236

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Forbidden Flame Arts
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

In Progress Re: Box of Chocolates (C/Icaurs/Ahote)

Post by Ahote 10th November 2020, 10:21 pm

Box of Chocolates (C/Icaurs/Ahote) - Page 3 FjgHi2W

You're a weapon ; and weapons don't weep

The canopy was coming together, and the two spent their time since that awkward finding in silence. Although Ahote was intrigued by the funny-looking scars, he quickly moved on and refocused on the canopy itself, what he was going to eat tonight, and other things. The monotony of it all continued for a small period of time before the abrupt thud of the mattress shifting into its new frame broke their pace, and his focus. Ahote was bending over, grabbing debris that had littered the floor as they reached the end of the canopy's assembly, but stopped in his tracks when Icarus asked him a question.

Ahote leaned up from his bent position, a look of solemnity and fatigue on his face as a sigh blew out of his nose. He didn't turn around to face Icarus, but he did look over his shoulder to see what exactly had bothered him so. Both of his wrists were laid bare in front of him, two identical scars in full view, as well as an almost hurt express to go with it on Icarus's face. How... annoying. Ahote looked like he was suppressing irritation when he heard that question and the anticipation in its tone. It was the equivalent of making exaggerated sighs, and when someone asked them what was wrong, they'd reply 'I'm fine' or whatever. But once you left them to their own devices, they'd sigh even more, or worse, get upset at you for not addressing their feelings. Honestly, how self-centered was that? It was just obnoxious.

"Even if I did, would you really tell me? You're a grown man. If you want someone to listen to you, you need to meet them halfway and start that conversation." Ahote clicked his tongue, shaking his head as he turned around to face Icarus with his arms folded over his chest, "Why don't we talk about this now, Icarus? Our relationship."

Even though it was mostly his irritation speaking, Ahote was honest and blunt regardless of his circumstances. But maybe he was being too harsh?

|| Word Count: 344 || Thread WC: 19,540 || WC Needed ??? || Job Approval ||
    Enemies: ???
    @Icarus

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 
    Lineage : Calorie Shave
    Position : None
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Ahote
    Experience : 12,650

Post by Icarus 11th November 2020, 2:45 am

Post WC: 294
    Thread WC: 19,834
    Tagged: @Ahote
    Muse: Odd
    Notes: N/A
    Icarus

There was a moment of silence as Icarus digested what he'd done and the reaction to it. How dumb was he? "Ahote, that's not fair," Icarus said quietly, lowering his arms. "I actually would have told you," he said, as bewildering as that was to consider. Now it felt a little like a mistake. Maybe it was wrong for him to want that considering what they were. He felt foolish for his outburst and that he was the one to out his own secrets simply because he felt like Ahote didn't care, and for that moment he wanted someone to care for him. He was always the detached one. "I must have hit my head harder than I thought."

Turning, he went back to wrangling the mattress into the new frame. Once it was finally placed, he sat down on it with a heaviness quickly compounding. He brought his hand to his face and pressed his fingers to his eyes, then rubbed them as if it would release some of the tension. "Our relationship," he repeated flatly, not any more prepared for this conversation than he usually was. "The lines have already blurred more than... I don't know what to tell you. We sure as hell aren't just boss and employee anymore, are we?" he asked, looking back up at Ahote. Maybe he'd wanted Ahote to ask about his scars because he subconsciously wished to come clean. Maybe he was finally ready to form a bond, as ill-advised as that was. It was natural. It was biology. It just hurt like hell and was more complicated than he wanted to deal with. Alana had been dead a long time now, though. Had he not moved one? "Tell me what...what's going on in your head."

ivyleaf33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Box of Chocolates (C/Icaurs/Ahote) - Page 3 CalumSigs

Ahote
    Ahote

Moderator- Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ahote 11th November 2020, 8:19 am

Ah, so he was too harsh. Ahote had known that his inability to mince his words often made it difficult to sift through his irritation or negativity. For a moment, he regretted letting himself get a little upset with Icarus's sudden vulnerability. He didn't say anything when Icarus said those things, eyes fixed to the ceiling as he let himself wonder.

Icarus sat down, droning as the elephant in the room was brought up. For once, Ahote was a little apprehensive about the conversation that was about to happen. It wasn't the same anxiety and bashfulness that came with the moments before sex, or the teasing he'd often endure, but something different. He remembered a time where he wasn't so cynical of other people, where he didn't downplay every positive thing that happened to him. Where he wore his heart on his sleeve, and when he stopped doing that, loved his friends and family unconditionally. He was so much softer than he was now, and not nearly as matter-of-fact. But it was like after one person abandoned him, the rest followed suit, leaving him alone. There were some that stuck around even after all of that mess, like Iris and Aeluri. But he couldn't handle it unless he toughened up himself, because life just... happens, and it doesn't wait for anyone to adjust.

Although Ahote had made the decision to move on from the burden of his past, like scars, some trauma stuck with you for life. He didn't want to latch on to anything that he had no guarantee would stay, people, and places alike. It was just a survival mechanism that had been created to cope with his sensitivity to abandonment. It was probably such a typical trauma at face-value, but it was what kept him from taking initiative in so many different ventures—including whatever this was with Icarus.

Quietly, Ahote took a seat on the bed next to Icarus, his hands clasped together on his lap as he looked at his feet. He wasn't quite sure where to start when it came to talking about it, but he wanted to give it an honest effort.

"I don't regret kissing you when we were out a few days ago," he began, "It probably wasn't a big deal, and I was also... incredibly horny that day, so there's that. I thought about it, and outside of the sex, I've wanted to talk to you and touch you more. Just... be around you, and all. I don't know what the rules are, or where you want to draw the lines, but I don't think I'd say this if I was satisfied with just having sex—and—uh..." Ahote folded his legs over one another and looked away, his ears, as usual, tinged with a hint of a pink glow as he realized the nature of what he was about to suggest. "I'm just saying that if want to try different things, I wouldn't say no."

Although the delivery became increasingly more awkward as he continued, he wasn't lying. These past few days, he missed Icarus. He had a good time at ICEA, even if most of that time was spent trying not to lose himself in his desire. Hell, some part of him was looking forward to putting all this stuff together, even if Icarus literally looked like he just got down stepping out of a gladiator's ring. Maybe he squashed the curiosity of his scars too early, and maybe he was wrong for assuming that this was all they'd be. He recognized all of this and knew that these weren't feeling that a fuck buddy would probably have. He didn't even know if he was allowed to have them, as innocent as they were, to both himself and to Icarus. Was this where they drew the line? If it was, Ahote was emotionally braced for it. If it wasn't... then what?

|| Word Count: 650 || Thread WC: 20,484 || WC Needed ??? || Job Approval ||
    @Icarus

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 

Post by Icarus 17th November 2020, 2:57 am

Post WC: 620
    Thread WC: 21,104
    Icarus

A wave of discomfort washed over Icarus. So it really was time to face this. Given his outbursts for today and the thought he'd paid it while he was away from Ahote for a few days, Icarus knew what was going on in his case. Ahote was being a flavour he craved, just like the coffee he'd grown to like because of the man. Fucking other people had lost the thrill it once held. He'd tried, but his mind wandered back where he didn't want it to go.

"..fuck." Icarus sighed, eyes averted from the brunette seated at his side. He didn't want to label it. He wanted to leave it unchanged, unspoken. He also knew that it couldn't stay as it was. Not now. It was time to choose the path. Run away or ride it out. Icarus could be gone by tomorrow as if he'd never been in Ahote's life at all. He was a congenial but elusive person. Many times he'd had no trouble flipping the switch and becoming an insufferable asshole that the other person was glad to see disappear. The temptation was strong, but it wasn't the only temptation. Leaning forward to rest his arms wearily on his knees, one hand raised to both rub and support his aching head. Staring at the floor would do him little good, now wouldn't it? Turning his head in his hand, his half-lidded goldenrod eyes were deeply contemplative.

For a long moment, he gazed at Ahote. His question seemed to cause Icarus some sort of pain, as told by the tense and fluctuating tension in his jaw and the set of his mouth. Ahote wanted more. He wanted some sort of anchor placed to hold them in place instead of allowing them both to freely float. More than trists after work to get off. He wanted to talk, to touch, to kiss. Those things had been Alana's alone. Alana was dead. Icarus was not. And Icarus, while talking was a little more difficult, also felt the draw to touch the man and kiss him even when nothing more could happen. The trauma of losing her ran deep. Getting hurt that way again was pure terror. Icarus had been completely shattered and had to be put back together again. If he let this progress, he knew he'd end up consumed, and if something happened to Ahote, there wouldn't be enough pieces to repair.

If only he could just get a moment to smoke.

Even at this confusing stage of whatever they'd evolved into, Icarus knew he'd miss Ahote if they split. The glowing ears and borderline OCD, the torturous horniness, how he could get excited over eating utensils and plates, how he could unleash scathing truths and be shyly indirect with the same mouth that moaned his name. They'd already vaulted over the lines when the ICEA trip happened. The rules had changed.

He put out his hand toward Ahote, not to show his scars this time, though they were still visible, but instead to ask for the other's touch. Icarus finally broke the tormented thoughtful expression by crooking one corner of his mouth up. There was no denying that he liked the other man. "What kind of different things might I want to try, Ahote?" he asked, apprehensive but interested. "Asking for you to kiss me?" he asked, lifting his head from his hand, though his battered body remained hunched over. There was a spark of playfulness as he accepted the new dynamic between them, but it didn't linger. "You'll have to learn patience with me on the talking portion. I've picked up some bad habits. If you get to know me, maybe you won't like me anymore."

ivyleaf33

Ahote
    Ahote

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ahote 17th November 2020, 1:37 pm

It was definitely an uncomfortable conversation. Both men were slowly reeled out of their comfort zones to deal with whatever was happening between them. While Icarus was lost in thought, looking at him, Ahote stared at him back. He really did like this goofy man and thought of him fondly—and he enjoyed the time they had spent together, despite whatever they were doing. It had just been a long time since he had felt so innocently captivated by someone, without painful strings attached. It wasn't love or anything quite like that sort of emotional devotion, but it was the desire for something more that kept Ahote lodged to his seat on the bed beside Icarus. The craving to learn more.  

When he saw Icarus extend his hand out, Ahote looked at it for only a moment, his eyes gazing at the gnarly scar in his wrist. Again, he felt a small wave of curiosity come over him as he looked over its finer features, wondering what had happened for him to have acquired such marks. It was rarely anything good, let alone trauma-free, so he never asked if people had gone out of their way to hide them. After a moment's hesitation, Ahote slid his hand into Icarus's, pulling it over and gently resting it in his lap, his lips parting into a small smile.

"Maybe," he chuckled quietly, looking at Icarus as he continued on. It was obvious that he had some sort of wall built up, judging by the way he avoided or rejected personal conversations. It wasn't like Ahote had anything different on his end, often keeping people at an arm's length most of the time. Hearing him talk about the possibility of losing his fondness for him made Ahote go quiet, lost in thought again. It wasn't like he'd ever found out, but he had forgotten to consider Icarus's thoughts on men like him. The kind that can take a life without a second thought, and clean up after murder scenes like he was picking up trash around the room. Ahote knew that he wasn't doing anything wrong and was arguably doing a great service even if it didn't perfectly align with his old but solid views on society, but if there was anything he knew all about, it was how much people were willing to contend with that. It was never an issue with relationships because all the relationships he had built so far were with people who were also involved with that sort of thing. But as far as Ahote knew, Icarus wasn't, and that moment of clarity was... well, it didn't matter. He wouldn't find out about it anyway. "That's a risk you take when you get to know anyone, Icarus. But, on the other hand, if I get to know you, I may end up liking you more than I already do. To me, that's worth finding out and well worth the patience." Ahote explained, turning their hands over so that Icarus's wrist was on top, taking his other fingers and gently running them over the scar. "Is that okay?"

|| Word Count: 518 || Thread WC: 21,622 || WC Needed ??? || Job Approval ||
    @Icarus

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 

Post by Icarus 17th November 2020, 4:29 pm

Post WC: 351
    Thread WC: 21,973
    Icarus

As Ahote ran his fingers over the scar, a shiver ran down Icarus' spine, causing him to gently shudder. It wasn't hurting him, but the sensation was quite odd. It was almost pleasurable. The skin there was especially sensitive due to being covered for so long and the damage done to the nerves at the slice mark proper made touch feel tingly, like hot or cold, but he couldn't tell which. It brought an involuntary snicker, which caused his cheeks to tint with heat. How stupid.

Clearing his throat, he answered Ahote. "Yeah, I guess that's okay. What other choice do we have?" Icarus said, relenting. There was a peace in it, though his voice was tired. He wouldn't run away this time. At least, not today. "I hope you do come to like me more," he said softly, still gazing at the man in the dazed way he had all day. Icarus had never been so off his game in front of Ahote before, but there was little that could be done about it.

In the interest of starting this new venture on the right foot, Icarus decided to work on the talking issue. He could tell Ahote was curious about the mark he was caressing but didn't want to ask. It was a difficult subject, whether he'd tried to hide it or not. "It was a couple of years ago," he began, feeling his mouth go dry. If he was perceptive enough, perhaps Ahote could pick up the increased rate of pulse from his wrist. He'd never talked about it before. "I...Mm..." The wall was not easy to crack. It seemed the words would not come easily now, even though he'd been so prepared to blurt them out earlier. Would Ahote think less of him? Would it shatter the facade of unflappable easy-breezy cool he'd built? There was a pause as he turned his face away, casting his weary eyes on the floor. "It is what it looks like," he ended up saying, squeezing the hand in his as if to keep it from escaping. "I made those marks."

ivyleaf33

Ahote
    Ahote

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ahote 17th November 2020, 9:32 pm

Icarus was cute. Although Ahote was trying to get a reaction out of him from touching his scar like that, it seemed like that's what ended up happening anyway. There was a little snicker that pealed out of his mouth, causing Ahote to look up at him. Was he ticklish, or was this area just sensitive? Whichever the case, even if it was completely unintentional, Ahote had been so frequently on the receiving end of getting a rise out of things that it was a little refreshing to see him do something a little out of character as a result of Ahote's actions. Still, he wondered if he was ticklish in general?

Before Ahote could go ahead and find out for himself, Icarus went ahead and addressed the elephant in the room—the scars. Was it an attempt at suicide? Judging by how deep they were, surely it was. He could feel his own wrist press against Icarus's, feeling his subtle heartbeat race against the fleshy barrier. It was hard to imagine the blonde being any more vulnerable than this, and like usual, Ahote was quiet and spoke softly. He'd gently return the pressure when he felt Icarus's grip tighten against their hands, Ahote rubbing his thumb against the back of Icarus's.

"Why?" he asked, leaning over to Icarus for a comforting closeness. He wasn't sure if closing the very small distance between their bodies would actually provide the comfort he sought to give, but he was sure that he'd know if that gesture was rejected. Ahote met many men, women, and other entities throughout his life, and most of them were mysterious in their own respect. Hell, he hardly knew much about Baird, Iris, and Aeluri. In that same respect, Icarus was just as elusive. He was a charming man who had the power to bring people in but only up to a point. Was he finally going past that point?

|| Word Count: 321 || Thread WC: 22,294 || WC Needed ??? || Job Approval ||
    @Icarus

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 

Post by Icarus 18th November 2020, 12:16 am

Post WC: 327
    Thread WC: 22621
    Icarus

Icarus heaved a heavy sigh, accepting Ahote's closer proximity by turning and leaning his forehead back into the crook of his neck, where he'd had it earlier. Despite his usual disposition, Icarus had once been a very soft boy like he was being currently, though this perhaps had more to do with his injuries than his genuine decisions. The perfect storm of feeling like shit and the leather band breaking cracked a small hole in his wall. "I lost someone," he said quietly, not ready to speak her name aloud. He let the heaviness hang in the room. He didn't need to explain that he'd loved her with everything he had, did he? He'd risked everything for her. Maybe it wasn't clear to Ahote if he meant a lover or family or friend, but Icarus couldn't bring himself to elaborate. There was a lump in his throat. "It was my fault." Icarus' voice was strained but was deadening. "I couldn't deal with it."

He fell quiet again after that. Ahote's skin felt soothing and chilled against his feverish forehead. He always got feverish when he was in pain. His wounds grieved the position his body was in, but he didn't care. After a few deep, calming breaths, Icarus spoke again in his usual tone. "But I was saved by Omera and I'm okay now. I'm not who I was back then," he said, looking at this wrist as the pearly sheen over it flashed at the mention of the goddess' name. Was this the worst of his story? It was depressing that Icarus wasn't sure. There was so much more, but he wasn't ready for that. This was a good enough place to test the waters. He'd reveal just the tip of the iceberg. Ahote was likely to see the scars eventually even if this hadn't happened. Perhaps it was Omera's will that he forge a new bond. It was comforting to think of it that way.

ivyleaf33

Ahote
    Ahote

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ahote 18th November 2020, 12:57 am

It was like every breath and the each word that rode on that strenuous current was like a gust of heavy, burdened wind. It was like Icarus was expelling some weight from his chest every time he spoke and out into the air where Ahote could watch and listen. It was so unlike his playful, coy self, or maybe it was more appropriate to say that this was just like him and it was just beginning to show itself. Ahote didn't know—he just knew that his body was locked with Icarus's right now, comforting him and listening attentively, but quietly.

So he had lost someone? A past lover? A friend? Family? The details weren't all there, but the trauma and the scars were. That much was clear, and that's all that really mattered. It had only been two years since the incident, Ahote presumed, so there was likely little time to move on from that sort of thing. It took Ahote much longer than that to free himself of the burden of his own losses and hurt, and it was like seeing the same thing again, only in its infancy. He could already tell that Icarus was choking up just saying this much, but he wanted to get some of it off his chest, right?

"Who's Omera?" Ahote asked quietly, taking his other hand and gently stroking Icarus's blonde lochs, his fingers running through the hair that he had loved so much, continuing to rub Icarus's hand with his other one while they spoke. He was beginning to wonder how Icarus was physically holding up after all of this, since they ended up getting sidetracked by so many other things today. As if this conversation wasn't emotionally draining enough, the blonde was likely due for some rest as well.

Ahote was sure that he wouldn't be getting any of the finer details today, but he couldn't help but wonder about the silver tint on his scars, seeing as they were clearly abnormal. Scars didn't normally do that, after all. What was that all about?

|| Word Count: 344 || Thread WC: 22,965 || WC Needed ??? || Job Approval ||
    @Icarus

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 

Post by Icarus 30th November 2020, 9:12 pm

Post WC: 342
    Thread WC: 23,307
    Icarus

"I owe everything to Omera. She's the goddess that saved my life," Icarus said with admiration, simply enjoying Ahote's attention and tender touches. He was aware that they had a lot to do, but as his lover suspected, Icarus was starting to struggle under the weight of the conversation, but more because of his injuries. His bandages were turning red in some places as his wounds seeped, turning the white shirt he should have never put on pink in spots. Ahote might have purged most of the flat of his blood, but he'd yet to witness the carnage in the bathroom. "I didn't know anything about her before I made those cuts, but she chose to save me anyway. I'm sure I'd be dead several times over if not for her blessings." Bellian people were already a country of highly religious folk, but their god was Arcanos and no one else. Why would someone whose magic had all but betrayed him worship the God of Magic? Magic was the source of all of his problems. Icarus had simply shifted his beliefs from one god who didn't help him to the one that did, something his home country would despise, he was certain. Among other things.

If things went as planned, he'd be posing way more of a problem to their culture soon enough.

Heaving a sigh, Icarus planned to sit up and get back to work, yet lingered. "I should put up the canopy curtains," he said, nuzzling his forehead more into Ahote's shoulder. He very much didn't want to move unless it was to lay back for the rest of the day, but there were things to do and he wasn't one to quit in the middle of a project. At the very least he could put the sheets back on the bed and hang the curtains. Leaning up with heavy reluctance, he looked over at Ahote with a tired smile, slowly getting to his feet. "Thanks for listening. It's...weird talking about it, but I think I feel a little better."

ivyleaf33

Ahote
    Ahote

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ahote 1st December 2020, 8:42 am

"Thanks for sharing..." Ahote said simply, letting his fingers slowly slide out of Icarus's as he stood up. Ahote hadn't thought of himself as a touchy man, but he felt a little disappointed to see Icarus get up like that. There was a tranquility that came over him when he pets his hair and rubs his hands, sitting there on the edge of the bed talking about his past and how it hurt him. As loaded as it was, it was comfortable. It seemed like all the things Ahote considered himself to be was gradually being dispelled as he spent more time with Icarus, revealing to him a persona he didn't think he had. It was softer and more vulnerable than the impenetrable shell he had worn so often, and it felt different than just lending an ear to someone at Boomslang to keep them coming in. It felt somewhat genuine.

But he was just in his own head at that point. What was more interesting was this 'Omera' character Icarus had spoken so fondly of. She was a goddess, according to him, though Ahote had little experience with the divinity of that kind. The sorts of Gods and Goddesses he was familiar with were self-proclaimed ones, and the type he could literally sit down and have a conversation with. The kind he could physically touch, and thus they were the kind who earned that title through some sort of cultural hierarchy or through awesome power alone. Honestly, Ahote had completely forgotten about Gods and Goddesses through a religious and spiritual context. The idea prompted even more questions than he had originally started with, and Ahote was tempted to pry, but the moment Icarus had mentioned the canopy curtains and bid his shy gratitude, Ahote knew that this marked the end of that conversation for now.

The dark-haired man paused for a moment, staring at Icarus's tired smile with quiet concern. It seemed that even now, today was just overcast with gloom, and there wasn't much Ahote could do to change that. Meanwhile, while looking at the somewhat depressed blonde, he had caught a glimpse at pink splotches across his white shirt. They were likely from his wounds reopening and reeled Ahote back into the issue that needed to be addressed the most.

"I seriously don't know why you bothered putting on a shirt in the first place. Look," Ahote raised his brows judgementally, folding his arms over his chest and pointing his finger at the various splotches of pink scattered over his torso, "your bandages need to be changed. Undress and let me change them, and then we'll see about the rest of this stuff."

|| Word Count: 446 || Thread WC: 23,753 || WC Needed ??? || Job Approval ||
    @Icarus

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 

Post by Icarus 9th December 2020, 6:14 am

Post WC: 446
    Thread WC: 24,199
    Icarus

Icarus blinked slowly at Ahote has he turned testy, pointing at the shirt he'd had a hard time putting on earlier. Slowly his honey eyes dropped down to where he was indicating. "It seemed like it'd be less worrisome if I put on a shirt," he stated dimly. He brought his hand around to press lightly on one of the pink stains, darkening it. Frowning, he was nearly about to wave Ahote off and go on about his business, but he knew he hadn't done the best job wrapping himself up. "I'm just all sorts of trouble for you today, aren't I?" Icarus asked. There was a tittle of embarrassment in his posture and the way he lowered his head, but he did as instructed.

Or he tried to, at least. In the same way he'd encountered difficulty getting the undersized shirt on, he couldn't get it off. His wounded shoulder limited the movement needed to get it up over his head. It was probably humorous to watch him wrestle with the shirt in futility before he lost his patience with it. Using his good arm, he reached up to the collar and gave it a good yank, tearing the fabric down the middle. He then shrugged it off to drop on the floor. "I hope you aren't squeamish. It's grim under these wraps," warned the blond. He removed the bandages to show the damage. A wince tensed his whole body as the comforting pressure was removed and the air hit open wounds. "Shit..." he muttered, looking as if he'd collapse for just a fleeting moment, but he steadied on his own.

There was no doubt that he struggled with his battle. A claw mark wrapped around his right shoulder and snaked down his arm, accounting for his difficulty with the shirt. By the time all the wrappings were gone, the entirety of the portrait revealed itself. The knot on his head and the bruising around his cheek and mouth were nothing compared to the deep, nearly black ones from blood pooling under the skin of his front and back. There were a couple more gashes, but the king of them was across his chest. It was deep. Icarus had assumed that because he was still alive that it had been non-fatal, but that wasn't the case. The demon's talon had intruded very deeply. He would have bled out into the thirsty sands in a matter of moments if not for the pearlescent film still in the process of sealing it off. Omera's protection over her disciple continued. Once it was finished, it would match the shiny scars on his wrists. "Heh...demon claws are really sharp..."

ivyleaf33

Ahote
    Ahote

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ahote 14th December 2020, 1:43 am

Ahote didn't say anything to Icarus's usual cheeky comments, continuing to stare at him like a disapproving parent. This didn't turn out to be the day Ahote had in mind, but then again, what sort of expectations did he have to begin with? If anything, he was glad that he had come by at all, seeing as Icarus clearly didn't seem to be taking as good of care of himself with the wounds he had.

The shirt tore the shirt down the middle after trying to wiggle himself out of it the first few times—and each attempt was just as futile as Ahote figured—revealing the wet, bloodied bandages and splotches of black bruises across his body. Icarus had warned him about the ugliness of the sight he was about to behold, but Ahote could only crack a small and brief smile when he did. Human remains and corpse-cleaning was an everyday image for Ahote, something he had burned in his mind ever since he was little. He was squeamish, but it was a specific kind of discomfort, nothing that injuries or gashes could ever hope to achieve.

Finally, Icarus completely disrobed himself of the bandages, revealing a body fresh with deep gashes into his skin. It wasn't nearly as bad as Ahote thought it'd be, but it was still bad. Bandages would only do so much before infections ran rampant, and those were almost always infinitely worse than the original wound itself. He had injuries like this before, but because of his relationship with the government and his life off the grid, hospitals, and access to traditional medical practitioners was something he only joked about. Over time, he had learned to deal with these kinds of injuries himself or had someone in the same line of work assist him. Iris was one such person, but they weren't here right now, and unlike them, Icarus didn't live in the criminal underworld, so there was no reason for him to go through all these hoops to get treated. It was better if he had gone to the hospital.  

"They tend to be sharp, yes," Ahote sighed, standing aside to gesture that Icarus take a seat on a chair nearby. He wasted no time in acquiring a clean rag, a bucket, and a bar of soap after rummaging through his home filled it with water, and returned to him with the same cool collectedness that seemed so natural to him. He supposed everyone who was in the business for sorcerers eventually ended up with some nasty wounds like this, but it didn't make the experience any better. As time passes, it's easier to deal with and to acquire skills to avoid such incidents, after all. "I can clean them and put on some new bandages, but you're better off getting yourself checked into a hospital, Icarus. I'm honestly surprised that you didn't go there first before coming home."

The water was warm and covered in suds, Ahote rolling up his sleeves as he stood over the chair with the wet rag in hand and serious look on his face. He knew that the upcoming interaction was not going to be a pleasant one, and although he was confident in his ability to clean a wound, he couldn't help but be apprehensive about Icarus's reaction to it all. After all, no one ever dealt with pain as well as they say they did.

"It's going to sting. Quite a bit, actually."

|| Word Count: 577 || Thread WC: 24,776 || WC Needed ??? || Job Approval ||
    @Icarus

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 

Post by Icarus 14th December 2020, 7:56 pm

Post WC: 457
    Thread WC: 25,233
    Icarus

As most did, Icarus went in with a breezy attitude. "I'll be fine," Icarus assured his lover, seating himself and trusting his bloody body to Ahote. Cleaning it could hurt no worse than receiving it. It was just soap. "No hospitals. Omera will keep me alive. I have faith."

As most found out, that was not the case. As soon as he started cleaning it, Icarus' fingers clamped onto the seat of the chair beneath him and every muscle in his body contracted at the same time. His lips pressed into a hard line and his eyes squeezed into slits, but this lasted only a moment before his mouth opened and he unleashed strained curses and groans of pain. At one point, his balance wavered on the chair and his eyes fluttered as if he was about to lose consciousness, but Icarus managed to hold on and endure. It just took most of what little strength he had left.

Despite what he wanted others to think, Icarus was unaccustomed to dealing with most hardships in life, especially pain. He grew up with the silver spoon in his mouth. He had learned to exist without money in his solitary years, but one didn't glean all the necessities of life in such a short time. Back in Bellum, the Vivaldi were a deeply rooted family of powerful mages. As nobles, they had clout and expectations to be on top of the food chain. Untouchable. His youth was days of luxury and others doing everything for him. The closest he came to injury was during his magic lessons. Every day he endured tedious tutoring, both with his weak magic and the secret holder magic. His teacher wasn't allowed to leave more than a bruise on his high-class ass. After the incident that prompted him to run away, Icarus had little choice but to adapt to injury since the world cared not for his status, but that also meant he had little to no idea how to care for himself nor how to deal with the pain.

By the time Ahote had Icarus all bandaged up again, the blond was reaching out to grab onto the other man to keep steady. All the blood had drained from his face and he had broken into a cold sweat. He looked quite poorly. "I need to lay down," he said weakly, moving from the chair back to the bed, though he took Ahote with him. As he returned to heavily sitting on the naked mattress, he peered up at Ahote. "Will you stay with me? Please?" Icarus asked, hating that the furniture construction was over for him for the day even though the task wasn't finished, but not wanting his lover to leave.

ivyleaf33

Ahote
    Ahote

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ahote 15th December 2020, 12:29 am

What was faith, really? Was it how love was to hatred? How fear was to hope? Was it something given to you or something that... fills a void? Something that compensates for another? As far as Ahote was concerned, it was him that was cleaning his wounds, not Omera, and it didn't seem she cared much about Icarus's safety judging by the nasty wounds on his body. It was people who create problems and it's people who have to learn to deal with it, not some sort of celestial being which no one could prove existed in the way you wanted them to exist. Although Ahote wanted to quip about his faith in this 'Omera' character, he bit his tongue. But honestly, the belief annoyed him. To blindly put your life into the hands of something you couldn't even see was just... nonsense. There were only people.

The blond was dressed in freshly wrapped bandages now, but he looked even paler than he did earlier. He was unbalanced on his feet, and he had broken into a cold sweat now—neither of them good signs. There was nothing more that Ahote could do for him except clean his wounds and change his bandages, but that'd hardly scrape the surface of all that needed to be done to ensure a full recovery. When Icarus leaned on him for support, Ahote gave it to him without question as the blond led them over to the bed. Icarus sat, almost pulling Ahote down with him, but the dark-haired man stood there, leaning over him with his body halfway between letting himself fall and standing straight. Icarus was speaking in a quiet, weak voice, different from his usual confidence. It sounded vulnerable. It felt vulnerable, and he felt like he was being put on the spot with those puppyish eyes of his, even though there was nobody else in the room but them. Ahote stared at him for a moment, but then his eyes had lowered and his face had softened. As much as he'd like to continue to work while Icarus had rested, he'd be lying if he hadn't admitted that he also wanted to be with him right now, if not for his own selfish desire to touch him. Even innocently so, he wanted to lay there with him. But more than anything, he wanted him to reconsider his thoughts of seeking treatment from a hospital.

"Well... I wasn't planning on leaving so soon anyway," Ahote sighed, giving in to the idea and crawling onto the bed beside Icarus, lying down next to him. He looked at him with anticipation, though he figured that he'd soon pass out after his head pressed against the mattress. Ahote, on the other hand, had no intention of resting, planning to linger in bed with Icarus until he did before returning to construction. "Was it worth it? The wounds?"

|| Word Count: 482 || Thread WC: 25,715 || WC Needed ??? || Job Approval ||
    @Icarus

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 

Post by Icarus 15th December 2020, 7:58 pm

Post WC: 239
    Thread WC: 25,594
    Icarus

If Icarus had his way, Ahote wouldn't be working anymore tonight either. As the brunette gave in and laid beside him, the injured man curled up against him, throwing an arm over him to keep him from escaping as well as to enjoy the warmth of his body against his chilled one. It was comforting having him there, even if the day wasn't what they'd hoped. Even if Icarus wasn't feeling his best, just laying down with Ahote was an improvement. "Yeah, it was worth it. It was worth everything," he sighed, attempting to stave off sleep in favour of chatting with his lover. "I think I have enough jewel to go back now. I'm running out of time," Icarus mumbled into Ahote's shoulder.

He was quiet for only a moment, then sharply inhaled. He hadn't meant to say anything about that. He was too chatty today, but couldn't seem to help himself. That did bring him around to thinking about Ahote. It felt weird that he'd revealed what felt like so much, but he still knew nothing about his boss other than he owned Boomslang. "Ahote," prompted the blond in a sleepy tone. "Tell me something about yourself. All I know about you is you own a club and you have zombie magic. And you think I'm cute," he grinned, letting his eyes fall closed. Icarus wasn't sleeping yet. His eyelids were simply too heavy to keep up.

ivyleaf33

Ahote
    Ahote

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ahote 21st December 2020, 2:09 am

Ahote continued to cuddle up against Icarus, lingering in bed with him until he'd hopefully fall asleep. He was a man married to his work, and even if there wasn't any work to do, he'd find some. But, moments like these weren't... terrible. For a long time, he had never thought that he'd be lying in bed with someone like this, or talking about things that didn't matter anymore. His life was perilous, full of distrust and brutality as you walked down that bumpy road of crime in Fiore. In the life he had led, there wasn't room nor time for chatter in bed, and yet, here he was—still as criminal as ever—doing just that. It was weird. It felt foreign.

Icarus had mentioned something along the lines of 'running out of time' and having enough jewels to go back somewhere. The only conclusion that Ahote could come to was that he was saving up to travel somewhere, but for nothing pleasant. There was a tinge suspense in the air after that, the both of them falling into brief and breathy silence as they pressed into one another. Ahote paused, waiting for the blonde to follow up on the thought, but he never did. Instead, the conversation recoiled back to Ahote and nitty-gritty details about his identity. He shouldn't be surprised that he'd have questions since he kept a lot of his personal life and past incredibly private, but it always seemed to catch him off-guard. But what would he tell him? Everything about his character, his very essence was incriminating. What was he to say? That he killed and cleaned up massacres for a living? That he sold weapons in the black market and stills participates from time to time? That he used to be the leader of terrorists? It seemed that every day since Famine had taken him away from Fairy Tail, his life had spiraled into a cesspit of tragedy upon others.

"Well, I used to live up in the mountains before coming to the capital. Other towns were out of the way, so my family was pretty secluded up there... and..." Ahote went on, gingerly stroking Icarus's golden locks with his thumb as he looked down at him and his grinning, weary face. He held onto the thought of vaguely describing his life up in Mt. Hakobe, but quickly grew tired of shielding his past. He didn't like talking about it with anyone who wasn't involved in those kinds of antics, let alone talking about it at all.  "...What are you running out of time to do?"

|| Word Count: 431 || Thread WC: 26,025 || WC Needed ??? || Job Approval ||
    @Icarus

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 10:41 pm