Sexuality: What's with all the labels? What happens happens.
Special Characteristics: A few scars.
Personality: Icarus is a very laid back, go-with-the-flow type of guy. Everything happens for a reason and who is he to pry into the inter-workings of the universe? What happens happens and who are we to mess it up? That is sort of his mantra in life, serving as his religion, or at least an aspect of it. He is very devout to the teachings of Omera, the goddess of life. Omera's teachings are similar to mother nature. Some things, good or bad, should not be messed with if they are natural and perpetuate the cycles of the planet and everything on it. This can be misunderstood as laziness, which isn't the case. He has nothing against getting up and putting in effort, it just has to be for a worthy cause that he has meditated about and deemed in need of correction. When put on the spot with decisions when he can't think heavily about them, he becomes horribly indecisive and if pushed because of severity of the situation or time constraints, he'll become stressed and grumpy until he's able to think it out.
For instance, if he feels like someone else is going against the flow to force something to happen, he'll oppose it to set the natural flow back in its banks. Rivers will run how they run, and diverting them can be catastrophic and against Omera's teachings. Should dark mages or unnatural beasts start bringing chaos into the world, he'll be the first to put his foot to the dirt and stop it.
Sometimes he gives of the distinct feeling like he wasn't always as laissez-faire as he is today. His beliefs are constantly tested and he does a fair bit of mental gymnastics to justify things he does, which can lead to mistakes, but it's human nature. Icarus tries to stay aloof in an effort to not let his feelings influence his beliefs and way of life these days, but it already has a bit.
- Flying/ the wide-open skies always bring him clarity and help him think.
- Ocean/ he finds it the most peaceful place to meditate on the big issues, plus he's a beach bum.
- Staying chill/ allowing strong personal feelings will cloud his judgement and decisions, possibly leading him to sin against his goddess.
- Animals/ they always obey nature's calling unless some unnatural force has bent their wills, so he find them extra pure.
- Pressure/ people forcing things on other people or the environment for their own gain is often viewed as out of line and generally annoys him.
- Paperwork/ he's more of a man of action, so being forced to sit still and do boring stuff feels too controlled for him
- Extremists/ people who are unbending in their radical views almost always make trouble by trying to force their ways over everyone else.
- Peace/ he wants to make a place where everything works as it should and he can just enjoy life.
- Enjoyment/ he always has an eye out for something fun to do.
- Preventing ???/ whatever it is he thinks is coming, it's big and it's bad and he's working all by himself to keep it from happening.
- Losing faith in Omera/ he didn't always have his faith, and that's a dark period he doesn't want to return to.
- Tight spaces/ he's a free fellow with an open mind, so both physical (claustrophobia) and metaphorical tight places will cause his fight or flight to kick in.
- Getting to close/ he knows its unavoidable to make bonds with others you spend time with, but that doesn't mean he doesn't struggle knowing either they could influence his decisions or he could lose them.
Skin Tone: Light-tan
Guild: Meliora Vitae
Tattoo: Middle of his back/ black
Last edited by Icarus on 9th September 2020, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total